sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4216 users online including...
Ronaldsnut , Alexrut , Austinwals , Kimothy , Stevendalo , astrocat

6 members
4210 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2018, 11:40 AM

Default Great Lake

Located just south of the castle is a large body of water known as the Great Lake or the Black Lake. This is where the first years encounter the school for the first time when the Groundskeeper takes them there by boat. After seven years they will leave the castle, their individual house and their home behind as they sail back across the Great Lake to embark on new adventures.

If you decide to dip your toes in the water, be careful of the many magical creatures inhibiting the lake that might mistake a little student’s toe for a tasty treat. For in the Great Lake lives everything from merpeople to grindylows. Bartholomew Henry, the Giant Squid, however is not interested in nibbling on toes, but would much rather have someone tickle his tentacles while he soaks up some sun.

Why don’t you follow his lead and do the same? Do some homework in the sun heated grass, take that well deserved nap before Ancient Runes or catch up on that reading. Enjoy your time at the Great Lake!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brooks Bradshaw
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dieter Kareless
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Coulson Bradshaw
Law Enforcement
Default Astronomy mini activity :3
Ern's Walmart Greeter

Chatter.

Chatter chatter.

Okay. Reminder: never leave warm spaces without checking the warming charm on your robes first. Eamon's teeth chattered the whole way to the edge of the lake. He tucked his arms in tight in an effort to help keep in some warmth but it didn't do much good. The seventh year squinted in the dim light, folding forward to get a better look at the rock selection. Now. What kind did he need? Pointy? Flat? Round? Maaaaaybe he ought to bring one of each. Just to be safe.

He wandered this way..

And that way...

Closer....

and then further away from the lake.

And now his robe was weighing him down, four rocks in each pocket. Eight wonderful rocks in varying colors and types, at lease two of which happened to be flat, thank merlin. Now was that it? Was that all he needed? .... no. Professor Kennedy said he'd need something else but he had been too busy squinting down the lake and trying to pick out merpeople playing on the surface.

_____________you wanna run it back but you can't turn the time, you start to feel like you're losing your shine
__________________________________but the grass ain't always greener on the_o t h e r_ s i d e
Old 01-16-2019, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default Astronomy
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

As the Lake was closest to the makeshift class area, Abra decided to head there first. Here was where he was likely to find a nice flat stone; he often saw other kids skimming them across the surface of the lake, so he knew they were here somewhere.

... Unless they'd all been skimmed into the lake. In which case... uh... Hm. That would be inconvenient.

Well, if that was the case, he couldn't change that, so all Abra could really do was look. The sun was going down, but it was still perfectly bright enough outside to see - which was good, because otherwise he would not have been this close to the lake, okay - so all Abra did was wander around with his eyes directed downwards.

Being one of the first to come searching this way was apparently a massive advantage, because Abra found what he was looking for almost straight away. Sure, there was a bit of dithering, a little humming and hawing over a few different stones that might have done the trick (not that he knew exactly how they would be used, but you know), but then Abra glanced around one last time and saw it. A decent sized flat rock. Stooping, he picked it up and shifted it from hand to hand, mulling it over as though he knew what he was doing. In the end, he gave a determined nod, slipped the heavy rock into the pocket of his robes, and headed in the direction of the pathways to look for sundial component number two.

You are Chocolate!

Last edited by Felixir; 01-16-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1
Default Astronomy!
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
"...materials. We need to find a stone and a stick."

Cameron was being helpful, seeing as Max looked EXTREMELY lost. He wasn't really aware of why his friend had been distracted but the look on his face was unmistakably one of confusion. Not that this kind of activity was particularly challenging right now. A stone and a stick. That should be easy enough to find, yeah? They WERE outside after all.

Now, off to find a stick.
"Oh, yeah. Totally. I know that," Max lied so that he didn't look even more of an idiot. Natalie had done a good enough job at that all by herself, hmph. But this totally explained why he'd seen some people going off closer towards the lake. Made complete sense now.

"C'mon, I know for sure there's flat rocks over here,"
he said, giving Cam's arm a quick tug in the direction of the banks of the water. "I throw rocks in here sometimes. I've seen a ton of flat ones." Hopefully flat ones that'd be big enough for a sundial, but if not, they'd just have tiny sundials.

_____________Take part in our Higgledy Piggledy House Cup!
Old 01-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
"Oh, yeah. Totally. I know that," Max lied so that he didn't look even more of an idiot. Natalie had done a good enough job at that all by herself, hmph. But this totally explained why he'd seen some people going off closer towards the lake. Made complete sense now.

"C'mon, I know for sure there's flat rocks over here,"
he said, giving Cam's arm a quick tug in the direction of the banks of the water. "I throw rocks in here sometimes. I've seen a ton of flat ones." Hopefully flat ones that'd be big enough for a sundial, but if not, they'd just have tiny sundials.
Oookay. Max knew that. Of course.

”Yeah? You do?” Cam sounded somewhat surprised at that revelation. Somehow Max didn’t seem like the type to spend a lot of his time throwing rocks into the lake. Interesting. ”Are you good at it?” Ironically, despite playing Quidditch and going camping with his family occasionally, Cameron did not know how to throw rocks into the lake the right way.

The right way for them to bounce off the surface, that is.

Once at the lake, Cam picked up the first rock he could find and held it up. ”This one?”

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 01-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1

Quote:
Oookay. Max knew that. Of course.

”Yeah? You do?” Cam sounded somewhat surprised at that revelation. Somehow Max didn’t seem like the type to spend a lot of his time throwing rocks into the lake. Interesting. ”Are you good at it?” Ironically, despite playing Quidditch and going camping with his family occasionally, Cameron did not know how to throw rocks into the lake the right way.

The right way for them to bounce off the surface, that is.

Once at the lake, Cam picked up the first rock he could find and held it up. ”This one?”

Max simply nodded, and this time, he was honest.

"Not really. I'm pretty awful at it actually."
He'd seen other people do the whole skimming thing and when he did it they just kind of ...... plopped. He'd never been able to get a good skimmer.

He moved closer to get a better look at the rock Cam had picked up and shrugged his shoulders. "A rock's a rock. I guess it'll do. As long as it's kinda..... flat-ish, I suppose."

Ooooh, like that one!

Max kicked a few stones aside and bent to pick up his find. It was somewhat flat... a little small perhaps, but it'd do!

Were there sticks around here, too?

Old 01-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:

Max simply nodded, and this time, he was honest.

"Not really. I'm pretty awful at it actually."
He'd seen other people do the whole skimming thing and when he did it they just kind of ...... plopped. He'd never been able to get a good skimmer.

He moved closer to get a better look at the rock Cam had picked up and shrugged his shoulders. "A rock's a rock. I guess it'll do. As long as it's kinda..... flat-ish, I suppose."

Ooooh, like that one!

Max kicked a few stones aside and bent to pick up his find. It was somewhat flat... a little small perhaps, but it'd do!

Were there sticks around here, too?
"Oh."

Aw, that was quite unfortunate. Cam had hoped that Max could maybe teach him how the skimming rocks thing worked. It SEEMED so easy. All you really had to know was how to get the right angle. Physics. But knowing what the right angle WAS and being able to throw it just like that had, so far, turned out to be two very different things.

Back to their rocks for the sundial, though.

He turned the rock over in his hand and tilted his head a little. "Yeah, I think that'll do." It WAS kind of flat-ish. While Max picked out his own rock, Cam looked around and kicked at a few leaves, in search for some sticks for them. "Do you think we can use this?" He asked eventually, picking up an entire branch that had apparently fallen off a nearby tree.

They could work with that, yeah?

Old 01-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1

Quote:
"Oh."

Aw, that was quite unfortunate. Cam had hoped that Max could maybe teach him how the skimming rocks thing worked. It SEEMED so easy. All you really had to know was how to get the right angle. Physics. But knowing what the right angle WAS and being able to throw it just like that had, so far, turned out to be two very different things.

Back to their rocks for the sundial, though.

He turned the rock over in his hand and tilted his head a little. "Yeah, I think that'll do." It WAS kind of flat-ish. While Max picked out his own rock, Cam looked around and kicked at a few leaves, in search for some sticks for them. "Do you think we can use this?" He asked eventually, picking up an entire branch that had apparently fallen off a nearby tree.

They could work with that, yeah?

Sorry to disappoint, Cam. No stone skimming for this pair of Slytherins.

While he was busy looking for one single, lousy stick, Cameron only went and found what looked like half a freakin' tree. "Uhhhhhh. I think Professor Kennedy said we need sticks, not an entire branch."

Would a whole branch like that even work for a sundial?

"I guess we can just like.... snap some twigs off of that though?" That would be okay, right?

Old 01-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:

Sorry to disappoint, Cam. No stone skimming for this pair of Slytherins.

While he was busy looking for one single, lousy stick, Cameron only went and found what looked like half a freakin' tree. "Uhhhhhh. I think Professor Kennedy said we need sticks, not an entire branch."

Would a whole branch like that even work for a sundial?

"I guess we can just like.... snap some twigs off of that though?" That would be okay, right?
Branch.

Twig.

Same thing.

He put the stone into his pocket to be able to hold up the branch with both hands. Much strength Cameron had. Such wow. Playing Quidditch paid off, clearly. "Yeah, that's what I thought." OBVIOUSLY he wasn't going to stick that whole branch to the small rock he'd just collected.

"Do you want to snap them off? Or cut them off?" Wands, they had them after all.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1

Quote:
Branch.

Twig.

Same thing.

He put the stone into his pocket to be able to hold up the branch with both hands. Much strength Cameron had. Such wow. Playing Quidditch paid off, clearly. "Yeah, that's what I thought." OBVIOUSLY he wasn't going to stick that whole branch to the small rock he'd just collected.

"Do you want to snap them off? Or cut them off?" Wands, they had them after all.
He'd left his wand back in his rucksack which happened to be back at the semi-circle, SO. Shoving his own rock in his pocket, Max moved closer and after a little struggle (no much wow strength here), snapped off a couple of sticks. One for him, one for Cam.

One was a bit crooked and mangled, but ho hum. It'd do.

"This can be your one,"
he said cheekily, holding up the wonky stick. HAHA.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:
He'd left his wand back in his rucksack which happened to be back at the semi-circle, SO. Shoving his own rock in his pocket, Max moved closer and after a little struggle (no much wow strength here), snapped off a couple of sticks. One for him, one for Cam.

One was a bit crooked and mangled, but ho hum. It'd do.

"This can be your one,"
he said cheekily, holding up the wonky stick. HAHA.
Holding the branch steady (as best as possible) at first, Cameron tugged on it a little when he noticed Max had some problems to snap them off. Team-work? Team-work. They got this.

"Thank.....you." Cam trailed off at the end, laughing a little. That was NOT very straight, was it? "Come on. Let's go back." After taking the crooked stick from Max, he nudged his friend and started heading back to where Professor Kennedy was waiting for them.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default Astro post <3
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Sticks and stones. Vita recalled the saying as she wandered closer to class in search of a stick. There were several other students around, so she moved off to the right, hoping the best sticks weren't already picked over.

...was that even a thing?

Probably not.

Anywhoo..

It took her a few minutes, but eventually the sixth year successfully located a good sized stick right by the water's edge. It was a bit damp, but nothing she couldn't remedy with a bit of magic, so she lifted it up and shook it out before returning to the lesson.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Astronomy post 1
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina decided the area around the lake was going to be her first stop in her search for sundial materials. Nice and close to the class areas, so there was little chance of trouble... well, unless any of the lake creatures decided to pay an unexpected visit. as her eyes scanned the area, she saw several other students apparently had the same idea and inwardly berated herself for not getting here sooner. Oh well, hopefully it wouldn't be too picked over...

Tina started her search a little ways away from the other so as not to disturb anybody. She wandered along the edge of the lake, keeping an eye out for rocks as she went. One rock in particular caught her eye, but when she picked it up for a closer look, it was a little too round. She put it back and continued on her way. The next rock she found was flat enough but looked a little too small to use. On with the search!

She was a good distance away from where she started when she saw something promising. She bent and picked up a rock, examining it closely. Nice and flat, not too big or too small, interesting shape... yes, this would do! Tina drew her wand and performed a quick drying charm on her rock before sticking it in the front pocket of her bag, but she wasn't done searching yet. She needed a little something extra to make it her own, but what? After walking a little farther, she saw some shiny pebbles. Those could be useful! She picked up a handful and dried them off, putting them in her bag with the rock. After giving the area one last look over, Tina left to continue her search for materials elsewhere.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 01-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Astronomy!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

With her stick from the pathways still held in her hand, Rylee only needed to now find a rock. A good sized flat rock. The best place to find one of those was most likely near the lake. There was always a rock or two or several close to the water. Plenty of times she had skipped rocks across the water here, at least before she had developed that small fear she still harbored over the lake.

Making her way towards the waters edge but still keeping a healthy distance from it, she scanned the area for some rocks. A flash of color caught her eye and she spun around fast nearly slipping in a little bit of dirt. Only to see it was someone else looking for rocks too. Letting out a breath and laughing softly at herself she continued on with her search.

There! A little to close to the water for comfort was a rock. A shiny rather large smooth flat looking rock! Inching closer to the water carefully she stooped down and picked up the rock. It was exactly what she had been looking for! Brushing a little bit of dirt off of it she turned and quickly headed back.

You are Bread!
Old 01-18-2019, 06:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
Default Astronomy!
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Maybe it really was a good thing he was sitting so close to the Lake in the first place. But people were fast and he was..... not. Before he knew it, there were a lot of people near the Lake and he had to manoeuvre around them in his own awkward little way. And the Lake made the air feel colder which only reminded him of the hot chocolate he wasn't having right now.

Sigh.

There were a lot of 'excuse me's and maybe some bumping - uh, don't tell his mum - but when some people moved away, he began his search. Properly! He needed a flat rock, yeah? He started shuffling around near the bank, picking up this rock and that rock and even that rock over there. He..... didn't really know how flat the rock should be - were some jagged edges or bumps okay? - and before he knew it, he'd collected a BUNCH of rocks. Some were flatter than others but they were all potentials for ones he could use.

His small arms were filling up more and more as he collected more and more rocks until he had more than he could fit into his arms. That should be enough, right? But he needed ONE so...... he started throwing some away. Mainly the small ones because they looked a bit TOO small to make a sundial from. And this rock could go too because it was too rough around the edges and he didn't like that. And this rock..... hmm. It wasn't bad but this other one was easier to carry and that was very important for someone like him so.....

Off you go.

Eventually, he was left with just the one rock, one that was very smooth and looked a little smaller than what he expected the Professor might want but it was probably fine. He was only small, after all.

Next up: sticks!
Old 01-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Astronomy <3

After finding his stick, Jackson put it in his wand pocket for safe keeping. He headed over to the lake, where he thought he would have the best chance of finding the right kind of rock. He was probably right, because look at the crowd over here! He knew it would be a bit of effort to get a stone he wanted, but he knew where to find it... He took off his socks and shoes, rolled up his pant legs, and walked out on the water. He watched the water as it rippled around his legs, and he plunged his hands in.

This one? No.

This? Nope.

Here? HAHA way too small.

It took him a little less time than the stick had, and Jackson triumphantly lifted his new pet sundial rock above his head before heading back to where class was taking place. VICTORY!!
Old 02-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
follow me; everything is all right.

The once relative calm and quiet of the late afternoon is suddenly interrupted by the booming voice of the Headmaster.

"Everyone report to the courtyard, immediately. This is not a request nor is this a suggestion. There's been an...er....situation that has compromised the safety of everyone within the school. Should you not wish to find yourself on the inside of something pink and furry, I suggest you make your way out NOW." There is the smallest paused, before a belated "Oh. Ahem. Thank you."

The message rings throughout every corridor and every room in the entire castle as well as the grounds. Best get to that meeting place.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Hogwarts Roulette: Jozef Kowalski

The weekend always made Rylee extra happy. Not having to attend lessons meant she had more downtime to do whatever she wanted, especially since her homework was already finished. Having left Lilac with Stefan and Lamb with Reese, she was free to do what she needed to do. Like check on the creatures in the barn and check on her plants in the oasis.

With both of those completed the Gryffindor decided a walk would be nice. Might as well enjoy the fresh air before it rained like it always did. Blue-gray eyes were taking in everything as she made her way closer to the lake, after that meeting that was held a few days ago she was taking no chances. There was noway she would be eaten by a creature, not even an extremely cute fluffy pink one.

You are Bread!
Old 02-27-2019, 07:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
The weekend always made Rylee extra happy. Not having to attend lessons meant she had more downtime to do whatever she wanted, especially since her homework was already finished. Having left Lilac with Stefan and Lamb with Reese, she was free to do what she needed to do. Like check on the creatures in the barn and check on her plants in the oasis.

With both of those completed the Gryffindor decided a walk would be nice. Might as well enjoy the fresh air before it rained like it always did. Blue-gray eyes were taking in everything as she made her way closer to the lake, after that meeting that was held a few days ago she was taking no chances. There was noway she would be eaten by a creature, not even an extremely cute fluffy pink one.
Józef had plenty of homework and absolutely zero intention of doing any of it. He'd wandered around the castle for HOURS and had a decent fly around the grounds but he was still borED and couldn't find any of his friends.

Not that he'd tried very hard, of course.

Heading down to the lake, Jó spotted Rylee up ahead and offered the older Gryffindor a wave, his footsteps turning towards her. "Hello," he said with a smile as he reached her. "Seen any pink fluffy things around?" Because no matter what the headmaster had said, he was still fascinated by them.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 03-02-2019, 01:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Józef had plenty of homework and absolutely zero intention of doing any of it. He'd wandered around the castle for HOURS and had a decent fly around the grounds but he was still borED and couldn't find any of his friends.

Not that he'd tried very hard, of course.

Heading down to the lake, Jó spotted Rylee up ahead and offered the older Gryffindor a wave, his footsteps turning towards her. "Hello," he said with a smile as he reached her. "Seen any pink fluffy things around?" Because no matter what the headmaster had said, he was still fascinated by them.
Rylee hadn't quite made it all the way to the lake yet when someone waving at her caught her attention. It only took a moment or so for her to realize it was her younger housemate. "Hey, Jozef," she greeted with a light smile. "Nope, not a thing. It's actually kind of quiet around here right now." Which may or may not be a good thing.

"Are you looking for them?" If he was he shouldn't be all alone. Safety in numbers and all that stuff. "I'm probably going to go sit by the lake for a bit if you'd like to join me?" It looked like he might have been headed that was as well but one could never really be sure.

Still walking albeit more slower, Rylee glanced around when she thought she had heard something. A rustling maybe? Or was it just the wind? "Did you hear that?" She cast a quick look over at Jozef cause he had heard the noise too, right?

It wasn't one of those pink fluffy mutant things, was it?!

You are Bread!
Old 03-03-2019, 07:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Rylee hadn't quite made it all the way to the lake yet when someone waving at her caught her attention. It only took a moment or so for her to realize it was her younger housemate. "Hey, Jozef," she greeted with a light smile. "Nope, not a thing. It's actually kind of quiet around here right now." Which may or may not be a good thing.

"Are you looking for them?" If he was he shouldn't be all alone. Safety in numbers and all that stuff. "I'm probably going to go sit by the lake for a bit if you'd like to join me?" It looked like he might have been headed that was as well but one could never really be sure.

Still walking albeit more slower, Rylee glanced around when she thought she had heard something. A rustling maybe? Or was it just the wind? "Did you hear that?" She cast a quick look over at Jozef cause he had heard the noise too, right?

It wasn't one of those pink fluffy mutant things, was it?!
Józef laughed a little as he reached Rylee and she asked if he was looking for the pink things. "No, I'm not," he managed with a little shake of his head. "I mean, I'm not running away from them, but..." Well, if he saw them he was definitely going to be watching them. From how far away? Who knew.

"Yes, I'll come with -" He began saying that he would like to join Rylee at the lake, but it was then that he heard the rustling, and instead he found himself nodding at her next question. Because yes, he'd heard it, and his face had lit up a little in spite of the danger the noise might pose.

Because he was walking in the direction of it, and looking at Rylee over his shoulder. "Come on!" She was coming to investigate, right?

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 03-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Józef laughed a little as he reached Rylee and she asked if he was looking for the pink things. "No, I'm not," he managed with a little shake of his head. "I mean, I'm not running away from them, but..." Well, if he saw them he was definitely going to be watching them. From how far away? Who knew.

"Yes, I'll come with -" He began saying that he would like to join Rylee at the lake, but it was then that he heard the rustling, and instead he found himself nodding at her next question. Because yes, he'd heard it, and his face had lit up a little in spite of the danger the noise might pose.

Because he was walking in the direction of it, and looking at Rylee over his shoulder. "Come on!" She was coming to investigate, right?
Rylee let out a breath in relief when Jozef said he wasn't looking for the pink fluffy mutant creatures. "Good, it's not smart to go looking alone." Things could happen. Not that things couldn't happen if you were with others but at least you would have back up should it be needed.

A light smile formed on her face when he agreed to walk with her to the lake. When her question was met with a nod and what could only be the look of a true Gryffindor she couldn't help but grin in return. Looks like it was time for an adventure and Rylee didn't back out of adventures. Plus she couldn't let him go off to check out the noise on his own.

"I'm am!" she called back quickening her step even as her left hand moved to draw her wand... just in case.

You are Bread!
Old 03-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Joyce Darlington
Graduated
Default Search party starts right here!

Levitating the cages in front of her, Joyce led the group towards the lake. So far so good... they hadn't come across any of the pesky little nuisances yet. Perhaps they preferred the warmth of the castle or perhaps they were just well hidden...

"Remember what Headmaster Trent said," she spoke up, addressing the group. "Using force isn't necessary. Let's make sure we search the area thoroughly. We'll need people searching up and down the pathways... the boathouse, the maize maze..." What she was trying to say, was these creatures could be anywhere. "Don't leave any stone unturned but most importantly, stay vigilant. They might be pink and fuzzy but we've all witnessed what these creatures can do."

Dolly Dopple, anyone?
Old 03-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Hanna had quickly decided that she would head out with team Darlington to search the grounds. Trying to find the pink fluffballs in a castle made her feel slightly claustrophobic. So, being in the grounds just felt more natural. And she wasn't going to go with Professor Stewart back to the common room because then she wouldn't be helping. She wouldn't know what to do, waiting for news. Waiting to hear whether anyone else had been harmed, any further LARGE objects eaten, or whether the creatures had been safely and harmlessly captured. Even though they had eaten Dopple, and all sorts of other objects, she didn't believe harming them was right. What they needed, maybe, was being in a safe environment where they could be themselves. Away from doing harm to other people.

Hanna was not going to be searching the maze. "I can go to the boat house if anyone else wants to... come." Keep her company.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 03-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default *SNAGGING* ^_^ Sloane from DMC
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna had quickly decided that she would head out with team Darlington to search the grounds. Trying to find the pink fluffballs in a castle made her feel slightly claustrophobic. So, being in the grounds just felt more natural. And she wasn't going to go with Professor Stewart back to the common room because then she wouldn't be helping. She wouldn't know what to do, waiting for news. Waiting to hear whether anyone else had been harmed, any further LARGE objects eaten, or whether the creatures had been safely and harmlessly captured. Even though they had eaten Dopple, and all sorts of other objects, she didn't believe harming them was right. What they needed, maybe, was being in a safe environment where they could be themselves. Away from doing harm to other people.

Hanna was not going to be searching the maze. "I can go to the boat house if anyone else wants to... come." Keep her company.
Even after fifteen plus years, Hogwarts still managed to have some form of … incident. He had thought his nieces had been exaggerating over the last decade but now he was beginning to think he had been too harsh. Hmm. Once they had the … pinkfuzzythings …. Captured, he’d make sure to track down Alis and make sure she was okay. That she wasn’t any pinker than her usual garb made her.

Girls.

Looking over at the Professor he had followed out onto the grounds, and then at one of the students who had courageously said they would take the boat house, he nodded his head towards her. “I can go.” Surely Dragon burns were worse than the pink fuzzies. Right?

Eh. Guess he’d find out. Nodding again, but this time specifically at the student he gave her his name. You know. Manners and team work… Or something. “Name’s Sloane.”