sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 3973 users online including...
Ronaldsnut , Austinwals , Alexrut , astrocat , ramsspeelay

6 members
3967 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 AM

Default Seating Area

*click for live version*

Right as you exit the areas set aside for the main buffet, the juice bar, and the dessert bar, you'll come into a section filled with enough tables and chairs to accommodate the large number of employees working at the Ministry of Magic. There's really nothing special here. The tables and chairs are typical of those you'd find in any other cafeteria, with the exception of the multi-colored theme that seems fairly evident throughout the food court. So grab a chair; a red one, blue one, yellow one...whichever you'd like! Enjoy your meal, and please--come again!
Old 11-19-2018, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default for Saraaaahhhh
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Olly wasn't sure January had asked her to meet up for coffee but here she was. And she was trying to come up with positive reasons why she'd asked for the meeting. It had to have something to do with the Ministry, right? Or was it personal? But then again, they didn't know each other THAT well either. She wasn't sure if there was anything she could help the other woman with on a personal level.

Hmm.

Having bought herself a tea a moment earlier, Olly was now seated at one of the tables, her hands wrapped around the mug. Instead of getting anxious over what it was January wanted to talk to her about she focused on what she had to buy on the way home tonight. Schuyler had asked her to pick up a few groceries. And she wanted to maybe check out this new store someone had recommended to her.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 11-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Olly wasn't sure January had asked her to meet up for coffee but here she was. And she was trying to come up with positive reasons why she'd asked for the meeting. It had to have something to do with the Ministry, right? Or was it personal? But then again, they didn't know each other THAT well either. She wasn't sure if there was anything she could help the other woman with on a personal level.

Hmm.

Having bought herself a tea a moment earlier, Olly was now seated at one of the tables, her hands wrapped around the mug. Instead of getting anxious over what it was January wanted to talk to her about she focused on what she had to buy on the way home tonight. Schuyler had asked her to pick up a few groceries. And she wanted to maybe check out this new store someone had recommended to her.
January liked to make an effort to be friendly to all new employees, especially the department heads, since she worked with them the closest. She didn't always invite them to grab a cup of tea with her, but... Olly seemed like a nice young lady that she would probably enjoy getting to know. Besides, January could always use new friends. Maybe she could keep her young.

So, it was a casual meeting that January invited her to, nothing stressful.

Walking into the seating area, January already had a cup of tea, curated by herself with from her in-office supply of tea things. You know, just in case.

"Hello, Olly," she said with a friendly smile, joining her at the table that she was seated at. She set her tea down at the table and tucked her red hair behind her ears. "Good morning, I hope." Hopefully she wasn't being weighed down by her new position just yet. She was quite young, wasn't she?

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
Old 11-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
January liked to make an effort to be friendly to all new employees, especially the department heads, since she worked with them the closest. She didn't always invite them to grab a cup of tea with her, but... Olly seemed like a nice young lady that she would probably enjoy getting to know. Besides, January could always use new friends. Maybe she could keep her young.

So, it was a casual meeting that January invited her to, nothing stressful.

Walking into the seating area, January already had a cup of tea, curated by herself with from her in-office supply of tea things. You know, just in case.

"Hello, Olly," she said with a friendly smile, joining her at the table that she was seated at. She set her tea down at the table and tucked her red hair behind her ears. "Good morning, I hope." Hopefully she wasn't being weighed down by her new position just yet. She was quite young, wasn't she?
She should probably pick up some dinner on the way too. Maybe Chinese or-

"January. Hello." Olly blinked once to stop her thoughts from circling around what she was in the mood for for dinner tonight. She offered the other woman a smile as she took her seat. "Yeah. Very good." Lifting the mug to take a sip from her peppermint tea (mostly for something to do), Olly nodded a little for emphasis. "You too? Did you just get here?" Maybe she worked different hours than she did or something.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
She should probably pick up some dinner on the way too. Maybe Chinese or-

"January. Hello." Olly blinked once to stop her thoughts from circling around what she was in the mood for for dinner tonight. She offered the other woman a smile as she took her seat. "Yeah. Very good." Lifting the mug to take a sip from her peppermint tea (mostly for something to do), Olly nodded a little for emphasis. "You too? Did you just get here?" Maybe she worked different hours than she did or something.

January returned the smile to Olly - she was quite pretty, wasn't she? Then she watched her with her green eyes as she sipped her tea. She hoped this wasn't awkward for her. She just felt the need to get to know her a bit.

"Oh no, I like to get to work a little early. Before things start piling up on my desk." Because they did that, especially on Mondays and especially on the first day of work.

January cleared her throat and attempted to relax. "I hope you don't mind, I really just wanted to introduce myself properly and hopefully get to know you a bit better." She offered her another friendly smile. "I find myself getting caught up in work too much and not getting to know the people I work with." She knew dozens and dozens and probably hundreds of people in this Ministry that she had worked with for years, but she was a little regretful that she hadn't made many friends along the way. Of course, she was frequently preoccupied with her daughter, but still.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12
Default Kat/Cassie
❄Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re❄| ⚕=equivalent exchange=⚕ | pinned ya!

Lunch time!

As soon as the clock struck twelve, Owen was instantly on his feet, a lunch box in tow. He had a lunch *ahem* date *ahem* today and he didn't want to make the bad impression of being late, especially since he was the one who offered the invitation.

So breezing easily through the throng of people out for a meal as well, Owen quickly searched the food court for a vacant table that could easily be spotted so his lady friend would not be having a hard time to find him...if she showed up at all.

She was going to show up, wasn't she?

Merlin. What if she forgot?

Ugh. That would be a huge bummer.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:
January returned the smile to Olly - she was quite pretty, wasn't she? Then she watched her with her green eyes as she sipped her tea. She hoped this wasn't awkward for her. She just felt the need to get to know her a bit.

"Oh no, I like to get to work a little early. Before things start piling up on my desk." Because they did that, especially on Mondays and especially on the first day of work.

January cleared her throat and attempted to relax. "I hope you don't mind, I really just wanted to introduce myself properly and hopefully get to know you a bit better." She offered her another friendly smile. "I find myself getting caught up in work too much and not getting to know the people I work with." She knew dozens and dozens and probably hundreds of people in this Ministry that she had worked with for years, but she was a little regretful that she hadn't made many friends along the way. Of course, she was frequently preoccupied with her daughter, but still.
January WAS quite pretty, yes.

"Oh. Me too." She liked structure, too. Needed it, really. And they were awake extra early now because Evie woke them up regularly. It was okay though. Olly had started to get a lot of work done at night now, giving Schuyler a chance to catch some sleep. Honestly, lately she felt like she didn't even need that much sleep anyway. So it worked out just fine.

At January's next words Olly relaxed considerably. This was a social call. Phew. Good. "No, I don't mind." She took another sip of her tea and smiled at her. "Thanks for asking." Truly. "I haven't really made any new friends here either." Yes, there were people she liked around here of course and all that but she didn't consider any of them close friends.

Old 11-30-2018, 12:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
Lunch time!

As soon as the clock struck twelve, Owen was instantly on his feet, a lunch box in tow. He had a lunch *ahem* date *ahem* today and he didn't want to make the bad impression of being late, especially since he was the one who offered the invitation.

So breezing easily through the throng of people out for a meal as well, Owen quickly searched the food court for a vacant table that could easily be spotted so his lady friend would not be having a hard time to find him...if she showed up at all.

She was going to show up, wasn't she?

Merlin. What if she forgot?

Ugh. That would be a huge bummer.
Cass was thankful for the light workload she was dealing with today. It allowed her to not stress over the risk of getting distracted and it meant she would be able to leave for her lunch break without too much trouble. The last thing she wanted to do was arrive late and make her would-be companion think she had forgotten or stood him up. Granted it wasn’t a date...couldn't be a date...but still.

Her hands were empty for once upon entering the food court for she had no lunch on her and left her bag upstairs since wasn't purchasing anything either. Owen had insisted on covering it, cooking for her despite her own insistence.

“Fancy meeting you here,” she mused as she approached the table after spotting him. Her attempt to act complete normal about meeting up with someone for lunch.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Cass was thankful for the light workload she was dealing with today. It allowed her to not stress over the risk of getting distracted and it meant she would be able to leave for her lunch break without too much trouble. The last thing she wanted to do was arrive late and make her would-be companion think she had forgotten or stood him up. Granted it wasn’t a date...couldn't be a date...but still.

Her hands were empty for once upon entering the food court for she had no lunch on her and left her bag upstairs since wasn't purchasing anything either. Owen had insisted on covering it, cooking for her despite her own insistence.

“Fancy meeting you here,” she mused as she approached the table after spotting him. Her attempt to act complete normal about meeting up with someone for lunch.
For some reason Owen couldn't keep still; his leg wouldn't stop bouncing up and down. He was sure it wasn't from hunger. Something work-related? Not quite. He was ahead of his tasks today. Was it this then, his lunch with Cassie? He honestly didn't pay it much heed the night before, nor when he was painstakingly cooking the dish she said she liked. But now, as he spotted the pretty redhead, he was...anxious. Maybe it was because she might not like his cooking?

Yeah, that was probably it.

Here she comes.

Owen rose from his seat and chuckled slightly at her greeting. "Is it?" He humored her, his trademark grin in place. "Would it be so unexpected if I ask you to have lunch with me too? I have fish and chips."

Good. His nerves were easing.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
For some reason Owen couldn't keep still; his leg wouldn't stop bouncing up and down. He was sure it wasn't from hunger. Something work-related? Not quite. He was ahead of his tasks today. Was it this then, his lunch with Cassie? He honestly didn't pay it much heed the night before, nor when he was painstakingly cooking the dish she said she liked. But now, as he spotted the pretty redhead, he was...anxious. Maybe it was because she might not like his cooking?

Yeah, that was probably it.

Here she comes.

Owen rose from his seat and chuckled slightly at her greeting. "Is it?" He humored her, his trademark grin in place. "Would it be so unexpected if I ask you to have lunch with me too? I have fish and chips."

Good. His nerves were easing.
If she noticed his nerves, she gave no reaction to it. Her own awkwardness about it still there but seemingly manageable. Lunch was nothing. A simple meet up between fellow ministry workers and former Hogwarts students that went to school around the same time. No biggie.

No biggie at all.

Certainly, the gentleman…Owen rising from his seat to greet her. The laughter letting her know that her icebreaker had been well received. “Indeed…” she said, answering his almost rhetoric question. As for his question about joining him… “Well I just so happen to like fish and chips.” Cassie adding her own smile as she took a seat across from him at the table.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
January WAS quite pretty, yes.

"Oh. Me too." She liked structure, too. Needed it, really. And they were awake extra early now because Evie woke them up regularly. It was okay though. Olly had started to get a lot of work done at night now, giving Schuyler a chance to catch some sleep. Honestly, lately she felt like she didn't even need that much sleep anyway. So it worked out just fine.

At January's next words Olly relaxed considerably. This was a social call. Phew. Good. "No, I don't mind." She took another sip of her tea and smiled at her. "Thanks for asking." Truly. "I haven't really made any new friends here either." Yes, there were people she liked around here of course and all that but she didn't consider any of them close friends.
Well, look at that - they already had something in common. They liked to be early and get started on work. How nice.

January wasn't sure if she was making it up, but it almost seemed like Olly looked.. much more relaxed now. That was good. Though, she did wonder if asking her to tea had made her nervous. She certainly hoped not. Sometimes she forgot that she had a somewhat... important job title.

She laughed lightly at the comment about making friends. "I haven't really either, to be honest." But she had been quite busy as of late, working with all the other Department Heads and the Minister to get the entire Ministry reset and starting off on the right foot. "You're married, aren't you?" she asked, sipping her tea again. She thought she read that.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Quote:
If she noticed his nerves, she gave no reaction to it. Her own awkwardness about it still there but seemingly manageable. Lunch was nothing. A simple meet up between fellow ministry workers and former Hogwarts students that went to school around the same time. No biggie.

No biggie at all.

Certainly, the gentleman…Owen rising from his seat to greet her. The laughter letting her know that her icebreaker had been well received. “Indeed…” she said, answering his almost rhetoric question. As for his question about joining him… “Well I just so happen to like fish and chips.” Cassie adding her own smile as she took a seat across from him at the table.
She was smiling. That was a good thing, right?

Owen retook his seat right after she did. "Wouldn't you know, I made some fish and chips...just for you." More grinning on this side of the table as the former Hufflepuff started to lay out the contents of his lunchbox; two containers accommodated Cassie's favorite, another one held what looked like tofu with mushrooms and broccoli. "Here you go," Owen said, nudging one container towards his companion, handing out utensils to her as well. He took extra care on seasoning the fillet so he hoped she liked it. "I also made some stir-fry. My sister likes mushrooms so I cooked enough for us to share too. You're not allergic to mushrooms or tofu, are you?" Catching up, starting with allergies.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8

Quote:
She was smiling. That was a good thing, right?

Owen retook his seat right after she did. "Wouldn't you know, I made some fish and chips...just for you." More grinning on this side of the table as the former Hufflepuff started to lay out the contents of his lunchbox; two containers accommodated Cassie's favorite, another one held what looked like tofu with mushrooms and broccoli. "Here you go," Owen said, nudging one container towards his companion, handing out utensils to her as well. He took extra care on seasoning the fillet so he hoped she liked it. "I also made some stir-fry. My sister likes mushrooms so I cooked enough for us to share too. You're not allergic to mushrooms or tofu, are you?" Catching up, starting with allergies.
Cassie couldn’t help but feel more relaxed with their banter back and forth. “Guess it’s my lucky day, then.” Else she would starve or have to go back upstairs for her money for something else. Instead she was graciously accepting the offered box of food as well as utensils. “Thanks.” It certainly wasn’t often she had home cooking that she herself hadn’t cooked. Unless she was visiting home for the weekend.

“Nope, I don’t believe I am.” Mushrooms she ate more regularly, but tofu she believed to at least try once with no adverse affects. The young woman stealing a small forkful of the tofu mixture and taking a curious bite. Yep...she felt fine.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:12 AM   #14 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Quote:
Cassie couldn’t help but feel more relaxed with their banter back and forth. “Guess it’s my lucky day, then.” Else she would starve or have to go back upstairs for her money for something else. Instead she was graciously accepting the offered box of food as well as utensils. “Thanks.” It certainly wasn’t often she had home cooking that she herself hadn’t cooked. Unless she was visiting home for the weekend.

“Nope, I don’t believe I am.” Mushrooms she ate more regularly, but tofu she believed to at least try once with no adverse affects. The young woman stealing a small forkful of the tofu mixture and taking a curious bite. Yep...she felt fine.
Owen was fighting the urge to smile too much - he didn't want to come off as too ecstatic lest she began to feel uncomfortable - but it was a losing battle. If she was saying she was lucky then he felt luckier. He was having lunch with a pretty, charming lady who he couldn't stop grinning at. And she didn't seem to mind. Not yet anyway.

The young Montezor watched closely as she took a bite, momentarily holding his breath, just like he always did whenever he offered a self-made dish to anyone besides his family members. His cooking was one domain he was always going to be self-conscious about. "Well? Is it any good?" He asked, helping himself to some chips. His sister said it was good, great even, but then she said that about all his dishes.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:
Well, look at that - they already had something in common. They liked to be early and get started on work. How nice.

January wasn't sure if she was making it up, but it almost seemed like Olly looked.. much more relaxed now. That was good. Though, she did wonder if asking her to tea had made her nervous. She certainly hoped not. Sometimes she forgot that she had a somewhat... important job title.

She laughed lightly at the comment about making friends. "I haven't really either, to be honest." But she had been quite busy as of late, working with all the other Department Heads and the Minister to get the entire Ministry reset and starting off on the right foot. "You're married, aren't you?" she asked, sipping her tea again. She thought she read that.
Olly had most definitely been anxious about the meeting.

She was alright now though. January seemed nice and like she genuinely just wanted to get to know her, Olly, a little better. Which....was nice, she supposed. It was what people did, wasn't it? Maybe she should invite all of her employees to her office one at a time for some chitchat? Was that expected of her?

She hoped not.

But so far she enjoyed January's company so it wasn't as much a chore as it was simply two people having tea together. And apparently neither of them were looking to make any new friends here at work. Olly gave her a small grin before taking another sip of her tea. "I am, yes." She nodded slowly. "Are you?" That was something she should probably know but somehow didn't.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
Olly had most definitely been anxious about the meeting.

She was alright now though. January seemed nice and like she genuinely just wanted to get to know her, Olly, a little better. Which....was nice, she supposed. It was what people did, wasn't it? Maybe she should invite all of her employees to her office one at a time for some chitchat? Was that expected of her?

She hoped not.

But so far she enjoyed January's company so it wasn't as much a chore as it was simply two people having tea together. And apparently neither of them were looking to make any new friends here at work. Olly gave her a small grin before taking another sip of her tea. "I am, yes." She nodded slowly. "Are you?" That was something she should probably know but somehow didn't.
Since January had access to all the employee files, it would have been easy to look up her information before the meeting, but... that wasn't really the normal way of making friends.

She smiled. "Yes, I am. I met my husband here quite some time ago." She wasn't going to say JUST how long it had been. She already felt old. "He was in law enforcement and I was in the Creatures department at the time." She smiled at the fond memories she had. Going from ghosts to working with the Minister had been quite a change. Especially working with Nickels. Thankfully, things were really looking up.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:
Since January had access to all the employee files, it would have been easy to look up her information before the meeting, but... that wasn't really the normal way of making friends.

She smiled. "Yes, I am. I met my husband here quite some time ago." She wasn't going to say JUST how long it had been. She already felt old. "He was in law enforcement and I was in the Creatures department at the time." She smiled at the fond memories she had. Going from ghosts to working with the Minister had been quite a change. Especially working with Nickels. Thankfully, things were really looking up.
January had met her husband at work?

"So you have made a new friend at the Ministry." Olly said with a hint of a smirk on her lips. "Does he still work here?" She used her wand to add some more hot water to her tea. Maybe she should have bought a muffin too. "Schuyler works in my department, too. So, in a way, she works for me now." Which had been the source of some very interesting conversations at home. Not that either of them minded.

Although, they hadn't ACTUALLY worked alongside each other yet since Olly had been promoted. It was probably going to take some time to get used to.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
January had met her husband at work?

"So you have made a new friend at the Ministry." Olly said with a hint of a smirk on her lips. "Does he still work here?" She used her wand to add some more hot water to her tea. Maybe she should have bought a muffin too. "Schuyler works in my department, too. So, in a way, she works for me now." Which had been the source of some very interesting conversations at home. Not that either of them minded.

Although, they hadn't ACTUALLY worked alongside each other yet since Olly had been promoted. It was probably going to take some time to get used to.
January laughed a bit at Olly's comment. Yes, she supposed she had made one friend at work. A friendship she was very appreciative for. "No, he does private work now. He left after we had our daughter and took on the stay-at-home-dad role." Something that January was eternally grateful for. She was somewhat of a workaholic. Maternity leave had definitely been nice, but she was always anxious to get back to work.

"Oh she does?" she replied with a bit of surprise and amusement. She hadn't known that her wife worked in her department. "That must be quite fun." She can only imagine the amount of trouble she'd get in for bossing Vic around. But it would be quite fun...

Old 12-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:
January laughed a bit at Olly's comment. Yes, she supposed she had made one friend at work. A friendship she was very appreciative for. "No, he does private work now. He left after we had our daughter and took on the stay-at-home-dad role." Something that January was eternally grateful for. She was somewhat of a workaholic. Maternity leave had definitely been nice, but she was always anxious to get back to work.

"Oh she does?" she replied with a bit of surprise and amusement. She hadn't known that her wife worked in her department. "That must be quite fun." She can only imagine the amount of trouble she'd get in for bossing Vic around. But it would be quite fun...
The smirk on Olly's lips remained, especially when January laughed. Good. So far this meeting seemed to be going quite well. A lot better than what she had imagined this morning. "Yeah?" Interesting. "How old is your daughter?" She'd learned that this was an acceptable question to ask among fellow parents; and it was expected, too, most of the time.

As for Schuyler, though. "She's currently on maternity leave still but...yeah, it'll be interesting, I think." Olly concluded with a small grin. Not that Schuyler was going to start working full time any time soon. But maybe some home officing or something. Either way, Olly was in charge of her. Officially. Heh.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:37 AM   #20 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
The smirk on Olly's lips remained, especially when January laughed. Good. So far this meeting seemed to be going quite well. A lot better than what she had imagined this morning. "Yeah?" Interesting. "How old is your daughter?" She'd learned that this was an acceptable question to ask among fellow parents; and it was expected, too, most of the time.

As for Schuyler, though. "She's currently on maternity leave still but...yeah, it'll be interesting, I think." Olly concluded with a small grin. Not that Schuyler was going to start working full time any time soon. But maybe some home officing or something. Either way, Olly was in charge of her. Officially. Heh.
January smiled when she thought of her daughter. Hair bright as her own. Stubborn just like her, too. "She's just turned ten," she said with a wistful sigh. It was incredible how much time had flown. "I suppose I'll be taking her school shopping next year." That was going to be... emotional.

The mention of maternity leave made January perk up again. "Oh, is she? Is this your first? Child, I mean." She didn't want to assume, but Olly did seem young. Of course, January didn't have her first child until she was forty, so... a lot of women had their children before then.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:
January smiled when she thought of her daughter. Hair bright as her own. Stubborn just like her, too. "She's just turned ten," she said with a wistful sigh. It was incredible how much time had flown. "I suppose I'll be taking her school shopping next year." That was going to be... emotional.

The mention of maternity leave made January perk up again. "Oh, is she? Is this your first? Child, I mean." She didn't want to assume, but Olly did seem young. Of course, January didn't have her first child until she was forty, so... a lot of women had their children before then.
Wow.

Olly's eyebrows went up a little upon hearing the daughter's age. "You will. She'll get her own wand." THAT was a huge moment in Olly's eyes; it kind of made you realize just how grown up a person was. While her own sister hadn't got a wand at the age of 11, it made Olly realize that if she had had magic in her blood, she would have.

At that age, suddenly Odette hadn't just been her little sister anymore.

"Yes, she is. Evie's our first." Olly said with a smile. Hopefully not their last, though.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #22 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
Wow.

Olly's eyebrows went up a little upon hearing the daughter's age. "You will. She'll get her own wand." THAT was a huge moment in Olly's eyes; it kind of made you realize just how grown up a person was. While her own sister hadn't got a wand at the age of 11, it made Olly realize that if she had had magic in her blood, she would have.

At that age, suddenly Odette hadn't just been her little sister anymore.

"Yes, she is. Evie's our first." Olly said with a smile. Hopefully not their last, though.
Yes, Louise was almost ready to get her own wand, but was January ready? No. NO. She sighed as her eyes widened a bit and a laugh was let out. "I'm just glad she'll be at school with that wand," she said, thinking of Louise's fiery spirit. "She's quite a firecracker. I don't envy her future teachers." She hoped her wand would help her control and wield magic... carefully.

"Ohh," January cooed affectionately. "Evie. What a lovely name." Having a baby was such a magical experience. She had only been able to experience it once herself, but one little red haired fireball was quite enough for her.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2

Quote:
Yes, Louise was almost ready to get her own wand, but was January ready? No. NO. She sighed as her eyes widened a bit and a laugh was let out. "I'm just glad she'll be at school with that wand," she said, thinking of Louise's fiery spirit. "She's quite a firecracker. I don't envy her future teachers." She hoped her wand would help her control and wield magic... carefully.

"Ohh," January cooed affectionately. "Evie. What a lovely name." Having a baby was such a magical experience. She had only been able to experience it once herself, but one little red haired fireball was quite enough for her.
Olly laughed a bit at that, trying to picture some of her former teachers dealing with someone unable to contain their magic. In her head some of them were handling it better than others. Anyway... "I hope they have capable teachers at Hogwarts for her then." This was Hogwarts after all. Some of their staffing decisions in the past had been somewhat questionable. But Olly was optimistic.

Mostly.

Smiling at the compliment (which it was, wasn't it? they picked out the name after all), Olly finished her tea. "Thanks. It's Evie Sophie." A lot of time she used it in a way that made it sound like her daughter was actually called Evie-Sophie. Even though Sophie was only her middle name. Giving her a hyphened first name when she already had a hyphened last name had seemed a bit too much.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
Default Shannon!
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Bennett was starving. All this hard work was making him hungry so he was excited when lunch finally rolled around. He dropped a file of notes on the table before setting down his food tray and flopping into the seat.

He still had a busy day ahead of him and had intended on working through lunch, but now that he was here, he was hoping for a little down time.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 03-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Bennett was starving. All this hard work was making him hungry so he was excited when lunch finally rolled around. He dropped a file of notes on the table before setting down his food tray and flopping into the seat.

He still had a busy day ahead of him and had intended on working through lunch, but now that he was here, he was hoping for a little down time.
The Ministry may have been on a health kick, but Theophilus Darcy had no love for that life and was still bringing in his own greasy burgers for lunch and had a whole snack drawer at his work space. His food tray was full of things he had brought to work with him today including chips, two double burgers, onion rings, cheese sticks and a healthy side of fried carrot sticks.

As he looked for a table, he sang the bridge of something he'd heard on the radio earlier over and over. No idea what it was. No idea who it was. But, dude, it was easy to sing loudly.

"YO. I'm sittin' with you, mate." No time for questions, because Theophilus had plonked himself down to sit. "Y'ight?"

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________