sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1269 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Svetlkzt , AlbertFug , Holmesian Feline , BrandonDar , Stevendalo , Jacobzj , astrocat , uralldmex

12 members
1257 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 50: September - December 2018

Term 50: September - December 2018 Term Fifty: Austere Academy (Sept 2096 - June 2097)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 02:18 AM

Default Room of Runes

On the far corridor of the Ancient Runes wing, next to a portrait of former Professor Bathsheda Babbling, you'll find an inscription in runes upon the door. Inside the room, should you wish to enter, you will find yourself in a small, mostly empty room. Nothing spectacular except for the engravings that cover the walls. Various hieroglyphics and runes that to those who can translate the seemingly random graffiti markings will find it mesmerizing.

Moreso, the riddles and poetry provide access to secret compartments that will reveal thick books such as Ancient Runes Made Easy by Laurenzoo, Spellman's Syllabary by Spellman, Advanced Rune Translation by Yuri Blishen, among others, which are quite useful for working out translating some of the runic messages on the walls.

There are blank parchments and stones should you wish to craft your own runes.

ooc: You're free to make up the runic messages written on the wall or to use this room as a place for general advanced studies for Runes. Feel free to even add a message of your own creation; just make sure it follows site rules ;D
Old 09-22-2018, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
Default Zoryn / Ariana <3
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Easily one of the most surprising moments of Sylvie Norcott's life was when she got her OWL grades last summer. Of course, the five fails over the four passes were entirely expected, but what had been an absolute SHOCKER, was her grade in Ancient Runes.

She'd gotten an EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS. Sylvie never exceeds any sort of expectations. She barely meets the expectations she sets for herself, never mind other people, never mind school stuff.

It was a wild moment, for sure.

So, riding on this cool wave, Sylvie was really trying to keep up the good work, and the last homework they got was nothing short of cruel. SO, here she was, almost seventeen and being super adult about this whole thing, looking for answers in this spooky rune-y room because this would be easier than trying to find something in the library, right? Right.

Side note; these hieroglyphs were mad cool.

Laying her bag down on the floor and her sketchpad along with it, the blonde looked up at the walls with her hands on her hips. Runes homework, Sylvie Norcott's coming for you. ... Okay maybe she needed her textbook first because what the heck did any of this even mean. Bending down to retrieve it, she declared this a take two as she eyed the walls again with her nifty runes translator in hand.

NOW, runes homework, she's coming for you.

_____________I could still change the end
Old 09-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Puffskein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Easily one of the most surprising moments of Sylvie Norcott's life was when she got her OWL grades last summer. Of course, the five fails over the four passes were entirely expected, but what had been an absolute SHOCKER, was her grade in Ancient Runes.

She'd gotten an EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS. Sylvie never exceeds any sort of expectations. She barely meets the expectations she sets for herself, never mind other people, never mind school stuff.

It was a wild moment, for sure.

So, riding on this cool wave, Sylvie was really trying to keep up the good work, and the last homework they got was nothing short of cruel. SO, here she was, almost seventeen and being super adult about this whole thing, looking for answers in this spooky rune-y room because this would be easier than trying to find something in the library, right? Right.

Side note; these hieroglyphs were mad cool.

Laying her bag down on the floor and her sketchpad along with it, the blonde looked up at the walls with her hands on her hips. Runes homework, Sylvie Norcott's coming for you. ... Okay maybe she needed her textbook first because what the heck did any of this even mean. Bending down to retrieve it, she declared this a take two as she eyed the walls again with her nifty runes translator in hand.

NOW, runes homework, she's coming for you.
To Rafferty, keeping a close eye on the inhabitants of Hogwarts was a must. The only exception were Julian and Calvin. Rafferty could be as quiet as a kneazle when he liked which was quite often. It came in handy for his stalking and observing. It was by utter coincidence that he happened to be passing the Room of Runes. Actually, Rafferty had passed it but did a double back and came to a halt at the door. All was quiet save for the lone student. Was she up to something? One never could never be sure with these inhabitants. More so if they were the kind that rebelled against Julian.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default sorry FINALLY here also lol
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Zoryn wasn’t ever out looking for trouble, per say. She always just ended up on the other side of it and somehow it always found her. It was an important distinction to make, okay???? Innately, Zoryn Amari Spinnet was an ANGEL.

Except she definitely wasn’t following school rules today because she had misplaced her tie. Again, NOT HER FAULT. It just HAPPENED to her. Angel. See?

And she would’ve been fine too because today she didn’t have DADA or Divinations, so she just had to slide by the rest of her Professors and everything would be fine and no one would be the wiser. Perfect plan.

Only, as she began making her way down the corridor, she saw him. Another one of the Headmaster’s minions. First of all, what a knucklehead. Second of all, SHOOT. So Zoryn did the only thing she could think and bolted inside the Room of Runes when he was facing the other way. A) The only reason why she would ever be caught dead in this place. And B) The only reason why she’d willingly lock herself in a room with Sylvie Norcotte.

Did I say lock? Oh yes, that’s because she locked the door behind her, “Colloportus!”

Turning around so that her back was facing the door, she took one look at who her company was and almost wished she’d gotten stuck with Rafferty instead. GREAT. How wonderful was her luck today!!! THE BEST. HA. Still, she wore a smile (despite it being an irritated one). “Don't look now. But Ainsworth is outside.”

Did she see the issue? Good.

You are Lemon!
Old 09-25-2018, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Puffskein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Zoryn wasn’t ever out looking for trouble, per say. She always just ended up on the other side of it and somehow it always found her. It was an important distinction to make, okay???? Innately, Zoryn Amari Spinnet was an ANGEL.

Except she definitely wasn’t following school rules today because she had misplaced her tie. Again, NOT HER FAULT. It just HAPPENED to her. Angel. See?

And she would’ve been fine too because today she didn’t have DADA or Divinations, so she just had to slide by the rest of her Professors and everything would be fine and no one would be the wiser. Perfect plan.

Only, as she began making her way down the corridor, she saw him. Another one of the Headmaster’s minions. First of all, what a knucklehead. Second of all, SHOOT. So Zoryn did the only thing she could think and bolted inside the Room of Runes when he was facing the other way. A) The only reason why she would ever be caught dead in this place. And B) The only reason why she’d willingly lock herself in a room with Sylvie Norcotte.

Did I say lock? Oh yes, that’s because she locked the door behind her, “Colloportus!”

Turning around so that her back was facing the door, she took one look at who her company was and almost wished she’d gotten stuck with Rafferty instead. GREAT. How wonderful was her luck today!!! THE BEST. HA. Still, she wore a smile (despite it being an irritated one). “Don't look now. But Ainsworth is outside.”

Did she see the issue? Good.
Did Rafferty become aware of the rushing figure that pass him? Yes. Was Rafferty able to prevent the door from locking? No. What he did succeed in doing was banging his nose against it. There was a loud grunt of pain and his nose was automatically clutched. An examination of his hand proved that there was no blood which meant that it was not broken. Still Rafferty was angry. How was it that Hogwartians always managed to get on his VERY.LAST.NERVE? A turn of the knob revealed that the door was locked.

“Alohomora.’’ The door sprang open. “That's Professor Ainsworth. I suggest that both of you address me using my designation. You.’’ One medium sized finger pointed to the Gryffindor that had rushed passed him. “Detention for not showing the proper respect. Stewart’s Entertainment Room tomorrow evening at seven. Be late and I will extend your detention.’
Old 09-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
Default would have been nice to wait for us

What.

Sylvie started at Zoryn. Things have been... off? And her friend mostly kept out of Sylvie's way for reasons unknown - she was fine with it, she had Tayo and she had Faith and she had Hawke and all sorts of other friends she didn't NEED Zoryn to braid her hair and complain about Scrimmy to (she really didn't) - but now she'd LOCKED THEM IN THIS ROOM.

TOGETHER.

"Right... So?" other than being a terrible person because he's one of Scrimmy's guys, Sylvie didn't mind Ainsworth because get this, she wasn't taking Muggle Studies this term. HA. And she's a muggleborn, isn't that funny?? Sylvie thought it was funny. She was actually about to tell Zoryn that because she wasn't sure her friend even knew when-

o__O

"Oi! That's not fair, she didn't say anything bad!" Okay, she saw the issue with Ainsworth now. This WILL NOT DO. No sir. "Do you just hang around the corridors waiting to hand out detentions like we're a bunch of criminals?? Why were you even out there? Were you spying on ME??" Cue GASP of OUTRAGE.

Oh, and also, "... Professor." There, she'd followed his instructions and called him Professor. And all this with her wand and rune textbook in her hand. Hawthorne would have been SO PROUD.

Last edited by Daemon; 09-26-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: grammar is great
Old 09-27-2018, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Was Zoryn enough stupid enough to close a door on someone’s nose? Absolutely not. Was Rafferty stupid enough to run into a closed door? Apparently.

Zoryn was brave and bold and rash, but she wasn’t an idiot. This man, however, was dumber than a bar of soap. And he had no eyebrows. Double whammy. “He looked like he was spy—“ but before she could finish her sentence, their new Muggle Studies Professor decided to make an entrance.

….

Either this man had this room bugged or he had bat-like hearing. Because Zoryn was pretty sure she wasn’t speaking very loudly at all. Oh and not to mention that the door was like hecka thick?? And so were the walls? So?????????????? Something was very fishy around here. Someone was clearly looking to hand out detentions to make himself look all scary.

Spoiler alter: It wasn’t working. He looked like literal Raisin Bran cereal.

Let’s get one thing straight here, Zoryn was not Sylvie’s biggest fan. In fact, she was probably Sylvie’s LEAST biggest fan. She wasn’t even a fan at all. Actually, she despised the girl. ACTUALLY— None of this matters, you get the point. Either way, in this moment, they were on a team together. And Sylvie was sticking up for her. Which, by the way, was very appreciated.

“YEAH!” She turned around and chimed in. “Sylvie wasn’t doing anything wrong and last time I checked, neither was I.” Running down the corridors wasn’t a crime, yet. They were the ones FORCING students to run in the first place. He should be AWARDING her points. “You can’t do that. That’s rubbish…. No offense.”

ACTUALLY, ALL THE OFFENSE.

Zoryn got detentions all the time. But this, this was the stupidest detention she had ever gotten in her whole life.

For not calling him Professor Ainsworth?

What was his problem. He was clearly just detention happy.

“If I didn’t know any better, Professor Ainsworth, I’d think you want to give up an entire evening of your life to spend extra time making us miserable.” Because generally, Professors didn’t enjoy spending their time in a detention cell either. Didn’t they have actual work to do? They were Professors?

And yes, that came fully laced with all the malice Zoryn could foster. Which, by the way, was a lot.

You are Lemon!
Old 09-28-2018, 01:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default I'm sorrrryyy :|
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Katrina was in her office grading the latest in an assortment of Runes homework. She had to admit she was impressed with the knowledge that students showed towards the subject. It was the noise on the other side of her office that had the former Gryffindor up at her feet to investigate. She wasn't opposed to students being in this room by themselves, as part of why it was here was for them to do independent runes study.

What she was surprised about was seeing the new Muggle Studies Professor at the doorway to the Runes Room. And him issuing a detention? While she had been filled on previous terms antics, she wasn't really here to get involved in the dramatics. She was here to teach Hogwarts students and look after her niece, an unfulfilled promise to Millie that was fourteen years in the making. She could honestly care less about Scrimgeour or his new, approved hires.

"Mr Ainsworth. I have no idea what jurisdiction the Headmaster gave you when he hired you, but I believe this is my corridor." Yes she was annoyed. He was hired to replace Kaysha for Muggle Studies and Ravenclaw Head of House. Given that these two girls were NOT in Ravenclaw and they were not anywhere close to the Muggle Studies wing. "Detention rescinded, therefore, i demand of you. Go back to your muggle toys." She looked over at the two girls, "Miss Spinnet. I believe you forgot your tie. Three points from Gryffindor for improper uniform."

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 09-29-2018, 01:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Puffskein

Was Rafferty highly amused? Yes. Did the second student’s (Sylvie) outburst unfaze him? Not one bit. Rafferty’s lips simply curled upward. “Twenty points from you and you will serve a separate detention from your friend here on the evening after hers. Same time. Such accusations you’ve made there.’’ The initial student (Zoryn) received the same curled lips and curled expression. The tone of her voice was noted but disregarded. He could not care less about her or any of them for that matter. “That’s completely for me to know and for you to find out.’’

What was this? An interruption by the Runes professor who apparently thought she was all that. Speaking to him about territory and what not? It was so ridiculous that Rafferty actually laughed a hard and cold laugh. “Right. Because we are only to hand out detention and deduct points on the floors or corridors that are ours.’’

Rafferty looked back at the students. “Be on time. Good day to you all.’’ Without further ado, Rafferty went on his way.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2

Sylvie was ANGRY.

Twenty points AND a detention??? FOR BEING RIGHT?????? This school is DRAGONDUNG. Nothing about this was remotely fair, they'd been doing everything BY THEIR RULES and they STILL got detention.

Props to Sabra though. Sylvie's glad she's taking Runes. Waiting for Ainsworth to leave with a stony silence, she turnes to face Zoryn and Sabra with her hands balled into fists. "I HATE him! Why's he teaching Muggle Studies anyway, he's obviously a terrible person and a terrible teacher and even a terrible SPY because we were onto him!" YES. ALL THE THINGS.

ALL THE RAGE.

"THIS is what I get for actually trying to do homework properly for once!" she added moments later, brandishing her textbook at Sabra. "It's not fair!"

Old 10-06-2018, 12:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Was Rafferty Ainsworth TRYING to test her?? Katrina just stared after him. No, dumb one. They didn't have jurisdiction over only their floors, but she was fairly certain that he wouldn't like her 'policing' in his corridor, so surely he should give her the same courtesy. She wasn't incapable of managing her own area. Before she could say as much, he was gone though and all Katrina Sabra was left with was rolling her eyes after him.

She turned onto the sixth year though who started on a rant about hating him and complaining about his teaching methods and had Sabra not cared about her still fresh Hogwarts position and a certain fourth year, she'd have given a bigger smile. But alas, she wasn't the one bad-mouthing a colleague, so who was to judge her for showing a little moral support.

"He's approved," she said simply enough, glancing around before making some air quotes. "I think coast is clear to work on the homework now. I'll be around the corner if you need something."

Working on .... things. Research. She wasn't one to hover as her students were trying to learn as somehow struggling to figure out their own problems usually had a better result.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 10-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default Sorry sorry sorry

A lot of things happened within the next few minutes. And in the interest of time, they will be listed out instead of written in paragraph form.
Quote:

A List of All the Things That Happened in the Next Three Minutes — As told by Zoryn Amari Spinnet
a) Sylvie Norcott wasn’t as terrible as Zoryn Spinnet had made her out to be
b) In fact, the blonde gained some respect points from the former Quidditch Captain.
c) Professor Whatshername entered scene stage left
d) Professor Whatshername literally SCHOOLED Professor Ratface and Zoryn Spinnet suddenly had a keen interest to learn her name
e) Zoryn had no detention
f) Zoryn still had a detention
g) Someone finally noticed her lack of tie
h) Sylvie Norcott gained a detention
i) Sylvie Norcott gained a detention AND more respect points
j) Professor Ratface exits scene stage right
k) Professor Whatshername exits scene stage right following Ratface
l) Professor Whatshername really thinks that Sylvie and Zoryn are going to resume doing homework after that whole fiasco???? LOL. GET REAL.

/list
“Dang Norcott,” was all Zoryn really had to say. She gave her fellow Gryffindor a look up and down, before nodding as if giving her approval. “Didn’t know you had it in you.” And with that, she finally offered her friend a genuine smile.

Truce?

Because that was BAD AS HECK!!!! They might've gotten detentions, BUT they stood their ground. They resisted. They definitely WON with or without Professor Ancient Runes coming in to help.

You are Lemon!