Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 646 users online including...
Kimothy , Michailbad , zapoy_vyvod_yqSi , PhoenixRising , LindaErali , Alexrut , Austinwals

8 members
638 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 50: September - December 2018

Term 50: September - December 2018 Term Fifty: Austere Academy (Sept 2096 - June 2097)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2017, 01:50 AM

Default Library

A maze of thousands upon thousands of books, the library is heaven to any book-lover. Upon entering the high-ceilinged room, the smell of books, both ancient and new, hits you. There are many tall, narrow shelves neatly lined up, each divided into different sections -- charms, potions, Muggles, fiction, and so on. If you find a book you're interested in, simply make use of the sliding ladder or summon the book with Accio to retrieve it.

But the library just isn't a labyrinth of books. In the heart of the library and on the outskirts of it are tables and seating areas designated for quiet research and reading, some with accompanying fireplaces or large stained glass windows. Tucked away in the very back of the library is the Restricted Section, which requires a key that the librarian keeps on her person at all times and permission to enter because of the more mature titles and content that are tightly locked and chained within. At the entrance stands the front desk where the school librarian can usually be found, who will happily recommend a book, check out a book for you, and help you with any of your library needs.

OOC: Please do not play for librarian Sylvia Grimblehawk.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Open :)

After non-educational books had been banned, Jackson found himself with a bit more free time. He had to patrol later, but for now he thought he'd find something to read in here. What was educational but a good read?... Jackson made his way through the aisles at a leisurely stroll, eyes darting through until he found a couple that he wanted to peruse a bit further. He pulled the two that had caught his eye off the shelf, tucking one under his arm while he read the summary of the other.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
After non-educational books had been banned, Jackson found himself with a bit more free time. He had to patrol later, but for now he thought he'd find something to read in here. What was educational but a good read?... Jackson made his way through the aisles at a leisurely stroll, eyes darting through until he found a couple that he wanted to peruse a bit further. He pulled the two that had caught his eye off the shelf, tucking one under his arm while he read the summary of the other.
The Hogwart’s library was one place that Joshua hadn’t visited since his school day’s. After the ban on books for leisure reading he hadn’t really felt there was any use to visit the library. Today though when he had some free time Professor Wishart headed into the library to find a good book on fwooper care. He had come to love his new pet Delilah but she was a magical bird with a personality. Walking through the aisles in search of the creature books section it didn’t take long before he came across a student. As luck had it, the student was Jackson that he was going to patrol with later. To not startle the boy Professor Wishart greeted. "Jackson? Can you direct me to the creatures section? I need a handbook."
Old 10-15-2018, 03:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Professor Wishart :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
The Hogwart’s library was one place that Joshua hadn’t visited since his school day’s. After the ban on books for leisure reading he hadn’t really felt there was any use to visit the library. Today though when he had some free time Professor Wishart headed into the library to find a good book on fwooper care. He had come to love his new pet Delilah but she was a magical bird with a personality. Walking through the aisles in search of the creature books section it didn’t take long before he came across a student. As luck had it, the student was Jackson that he was going to patrol with later. To not startle the boy Professor Wishart greeted. "Jackson? Can you direct me to the creatures section? I need a handbook."
Jackson had finished the summaries and was putting back the second book, when he heard someone walking nearby. He hadn’t looked over, as he figured it was a student minding their own business, but lo and behold! He turned towards the voice and greeted his professor with a small nod. “Hello, Professor, of course,” Jackson answered in a hushed tone. He tucked his book of choice under his arm and began walking towards the creatures section. He hadn’t spent much time in that aisle if he was being honest, but he had had to visit it a few times for clarification. “If you don’t mind my asking, Sir, a handbook for what?” Jackson asked both out of curiosity and because it helped with leading the professor to the right shelf.

But mostly because he was curious.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Jackson had finished the summaries and was putting back the second book, when he heard someone walking nearby. He hadn’t looked over, as he figured it was a student minding their own business, but lo and behold! He turned towards the voice and greeted his professor with a small nod. “Hello, Professor, of course,” Jackson answered in a hushed tone. He tucked his book of choice under his arm and began walking towards the creatures section. He hadn’t spent much time in that aisle if he was being honest, but he had had to visit it a few times for clarification. “If you don’t mind my asking, Sir, a handbook for what?” Jackson asked both out of curiosity and because it helped with leading the professor to the right shelf.

But mostly because he was curious.
While he waited for Jackson to acknowledge him and answer Joshua’s eyes scanned over the books in the shelves around them. Ms Grimblehawk really had all the books neatly organized both after author and section it seemed. "Thank you for the help Jackson, the library’s look has changed since i went here years ago alongside some of your other professors." Joshua said as he followed after Jackson's as the boy led him through the aisles to the creatures section. "I need a handbook on fwooper care because I want to care for my fwooper in the best way that I can." He responded, half distractedly as his eyes darted over the book titles of the aisle they were currently in. Stopping he focused his attention fully on Jackson. "Have you mayhaps seen a fwooper bird in CoMC class? They are very pretty birds that come in many different colours."
Old 10-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Quote:
While he waited for Jackson to acknowledge him and answer Joshua’s eyes scanned over the books in the shelves around them. Ms Grimblehawk really had all the books neatly organized both after author and section it seemed. "Thank you for the help Jackson, the library’s look has changed since i went here years ago alongside some of your other professors." Joshua said as he followed after Jackson's as the boy led him through the aisles to the creatures section. "I need a handbook on fwooper care because I want to care for my fwooper in the best way that I can." He responded, half distractedly as his eyes darted over the book titles of the aisle they were currently in. Stopping he focused his attention fully on Jackson. "Have you mayhaps seen a fwooper bird in CoMC class? They are very pretty birds that come in many different colours."
“No problem!” Jackson smiled at the man. He wondered which professors had all gone to school together. It was kind of difficult to imagine a teenage version of Professor Wishart (let alone any other professor), and imagining what sort of students they had been. “Was the school ever normal or has it always had these weird sort of situations?” he couldn’t help but ask. Not that he didn’t think he already knew the answer. A Fwooper, huh? Yes! Jackson had definitely seen these in class before. “I have! Yea, they’re definitely pretty! Aesthetically I like the greenish ones, but man… if they don’t have a Silencing Charm on them, I’ve heard you can go absolutely mad.” That was Fwoopers right? Mandrakes were nuts too, but Fwoopers at least looked pretty harmless.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ally Rory
Slytherin
First Year
Stay Free

Skyler was not sure about the new rules anymore so when she entered the library, she made sure to write down notes about what she wanted to read about. That way she cannot say that she took books out of the library.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
“No problem!” Jackson smiled at the man. He wondered which professors had all gone to school together. It was kind of difficult to imagine a teenage version of Professor Wishart (let alone any other professor), and imagining what sort of students they had been. “Was the school ever normal or has it always had these weird sort of situations?” he couldn’t help but ask. Not that he didn’t think he already knew the answer. A Fwooper, huh? Yes! Jackson had definitely seen these in class before. “I have! Yea, they’re definitely pretty! Aesthetically I like the greenish ones, but man… if they don’t have a Silencing Charm on them, I’ve heard you can go absolutely mad.” That was Fwoopers right? Mandrakes were nuts too, but Fwoopers at least looked pretty harmless.
Professor Wishart raked the titles of the books they passed, lingering on some authors that he had remembered reading books from in his school days. At Jackson’s question he turned his gaze to the younger boy and laughed "I doubt there is something that is called normal in any kind of school of wizard or muggle kind. I think weird situations are the normal. Wouldn’t it be odd if nobody pulled pranks in the great hall or you got to bow to hippogriffs in creature class?" Speaking of creatures the topic turned to his fwooper again. "My fwooper is pink and pretty actually, not green." At the silencing charm mention Joshua nodded his head vigorously "Don’t I know it. That is why I have to replace the silencing charm on my sweet Delilah every month so her scream doesn’t injure me or anyone else." Stopping near the Scamander book section he asked "Jackson do you have a pet too?"
Old 11-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Jaxon! (Anyone else could join in too!)
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Tucked away comfortably in an over-sized arm chair in one of the quietest corners of the library right beside one of the fireplaces was, Rylee. Rather than remain cooped up in the common room or her dorm this was one of the free places were the rules hadn't really changed. Besides being told what they can and cannot read.

Rylee shifted a little bit to get more comfortable while at the same time trying not to bother her kitten whom was asleep at her side, his head resting on her lap. Lamb opened his eyes to stare up at her lazily before going right back to sleep. Smiling softly she laid her free hand on the kittens soft fluffy white fur gently running her fingers through it. Her other hand was currently holding a textbook on Charms work which she was reading. Tucked against her side was another book, that one being all about about Transfiguration.

You are Bread!
Old 11-02-2018, 09:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jaxon Brodric Fletcher
Fourth Year
Default Rylee! :D
||Delta Goodrem Lover || Emma Watson Lover | | RavenPuff || 1 of 4 Amigos ||

Text Cut: Rylee :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Tucked away comfortably in an over-sized arm chair in one of the quietest corners of the library right beside one of the fireplaces was, Rylee. Rather than remain cooped up in the common room or her dorm this was one of the free places were the rules hadn't really changed. Besides being told what they can and cannot read.

Rylee shifted a little bit to get more comfortable while at the same time trying not to bother her kitten whom was asleep at her side, his head resting on her lap. Lamb opened his eyes to stare up at her lazily before going right back to sleep. Smiling softly she laid her free hand on the kittens soft fluffy white fur gently running her fingers through it. Her other hand was currently holding a textbook on Charms work which she was reading. Tucked against her side was another book, that one being all about about Transfiguration.

Jaxon looked at the parchment in his hand in some amount of anger as he rushed over to the fire and was about to throw that bit of parchment into the fire still reeling from the frustration he was feeling right now. That was when he noticed someone was sitting by the fire, looking between her and the parchment he decided not to throw it in case she reported him with all these new rules they had.

He was about to walk away when he noticed the two books she had, one he saw was Charms and the other he couldn't see much as it was tucked into her side but it sort of looked like a Transfiguration book. That immediately gave him an idea of how to get rid of the frustrating parchment in his pocket and get some Transfiguration practice too. He turned towards her " Hey... umm... sorry to disturb you ... But I was wondering if that book there by your side was a Transfiguration book... if so do you mind if I borrowed it for a second or two. I will give it to you straight away I promise" he said giving her a smile.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Jaxon!

Rylee had lost herself in reading the textbook in her hands long before the slightly older Ravenclaw boy appeared in front of her. There was waaaaay more Charms information in these books than one would have originally thought. That or maybe it was the fact that she was constantly going back and re-reading over specific sections that appealed to her current interests.

Having someone standing over you and talking to you was one sure fire way to capture the third years attention. Slowly Rylee pulled her blue-grays from the page of her book to look up at the boy. He wanted to borrow her book? How did he know which book it was tucked up against her side? Not that he had been wrong, it was indeed a Transfiguration textbook. "It is..," she replied quietly picking up the book and holding it out to him. "Alright, I don't need it right this very second anyhow." So he was welcome to use it.

You are Bread!
Old 11-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Professor Wishart

Quote:
Professor Wishart raked the titles of the books they passed, lingering on some authors that he had remembered reading books from in his school days. At Jackson’s question he turned his gaze to the younger boy and laughed "I doubt there is something that is called normal in any kind of school of wizard or muggle kind. I think weird situations are the normal. Wouldn’t it be odd if nobody pulled pranks in the great hall or you got to bow to hippogriffs in creature class?" Speaking of creatures the topic turned to his fwooper again. "My fwooper is pink and pretty actually, not green." At the silencing charm mention Joshua nodded his head vigorously "Don’t I know it. That is why I have to replace the silencing charm on my sweet Delilah every month so her scream doesn’t injure me or anyone else." Stopping near the Scamander book section he asked "Jackson do you have a pet too?"
Jackson wondered what the other schools were dealing with this year, or what kind of events had happened in the last few years. “Yea that’s true,” he nodded a little bit. He listened as the professor described his fwooper and Jackson nodded a bit more. He hoped Professor Wishart didn't think that Jackson was talking bad about other colored augureys. “I’m sure it is! Do you keep it here at school?” If he did, Jackson would definitely keep an eye out for it in the barns. “I don’t actually… but I’ve been planning on getting one for a while now, so hopefully soon!” He smiled up at the professor. He looked up at the Scamander books as they had come to a stop before sadly admitting, “I’ve never had my own pet before.”
Old 11-07-2018, 07:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
Jackson wondered what the other schools were dealing with this year, or what kind of events had happened in the last few years. “Yea that’s true,” he nodded a little bit. He listened as the professor described his fwooper and Jackson nodded a bit more. He hoped Professor Wishart didn't think that Jackson was talking bad about other colored augureys. “I’m sure it is! Do you keep it here at school?” If he did, Jackson would definitely keep an eye out for it in the barns. “I don’t actually… but I’ve been planning on getting one for a while now, so hopefully soon!” He smiled up at the professor. He looked up at the Scamander books as they had come to a stop before sadly admitting, “I’ve never had my own pet before.”
Jackson’s questions had brought up a thought in Joshua that he knew instantly could be fruitful for all magical schools and those who taught students herbology like himself. He’d feel out what Jackson thought first though. "Do you think it’d be fun if we had some sort of exchange program or similar with the other magical schools like Durmstrang and Beauxbatons?" They were the school’s in closest proximity in Europe that Professor Wishart could think of on the spot. Nodding as the topic turned to Delilah he said [B"Yes, I keep my fwooper Delilah here in my office. I had it in the barns at first but now Professor Wayland isn't overseeing the creatures anymore."[/B] He was not comfortable with letting Scrimegour’s goon care for his loved pet. Not a chance. "Getting your first pet is exhilirating. I remember when i got my first rat. It had been awesome. Do you know what pet you want to get?" He didn’t press Jackson for details on why he hadn’t had a pet before. It could be a touchy subject.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Quote:
Jackson’s questions had brought up a thought in Joshua that he knew instantly could be fruitful for all magical schools and those who taught students herbology like himself. He’d feel out what Jackson thought first though. "Do you think it’d be fun if we had some sort of exchange program or similar with the other magical schools like Durmstrang and Beauxbatons?" They were the school’s in closest proximity in Europe that Professor Wishart could think of on the spot. Nodding as the topic turned to Delilah he said [B"Yes, I keep my fwooper Delilah here in my office. I had it in the barns at first but now Professor Wayland isn't overseeing the creatures anymore."[/B] He was not comfortable with letting Scrimegour’s goon care for his loved pet. Not a chance. "Getting your first pet is exhilirating. I remember when i got my first rat. It had been awesome. Do you know what pet you want to get?" He didn’t press Jackson for details on why he hadn’t had a pet before. It could be a touchy subject.
Jackson was thinking of his imaginary pet when he was quickly brought back by Professor Wishart's question. Eyes widening, he looked up at the professor. "Yes!" he said immediately. It was as if the professor had actually been there for the conversation he had had recently with Anna. With a rush of energy from thinking about it he started rambling. "I was actually talking to a friend recently about how cool it would be if Apparition tests were held in a way that you Apparate to another school where they are having exams too or something." He still thought that would be cool, but a regular field trip would be just as cool since he wouldn't be Apparating anytime soon.

Jackson nodded at the professor when he spoke of where he kept his pet. He 100% understood that logic... Not to mention it must be so fun having your pet around all the time! "I was considering a Bowtruckle... or a cat maybe... I wanted to be able to bring it to Hogwarts for my last couple years at least, but I have to wait until break to get one." No way was he letting someone else pick out his new best friend okay? N-O. Now though he was looking at the books before him and wondering if he shouldn't be checking out a couple books himself. Of course, he was here to help Professor Wishart first, but if he happened across a promising looking book he wasn't going to just ignore it! "Ooh!" he exclaimed, having spotted a Scamander book about birds and took it from the shelf. "Maybe this one?" He began flipped to the Table of Contents and began to skim.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Default For Jess ^_^
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Phe didn’t often come to the library, it really wasn’t his thing, he much preferred to study down in the great hall where food was nearby, or in the Hufflepuff common room, it was so happy and cheerful in there.

True, the back of some of the stacks were pretty good snogging spots and he had made some good use of those with Ash, but other than that..

Lately though, he had found himself coming in here more often, alone, to study, much to his chagrin. The new teachers were hard and he had found himself quickly needing different and more advanced books than he already had.

And so, here he was, his brown eyes surveying the library, their corners pinched at the edges and his mouth was set in a line.

“Now, where are those DADA books. ” He muttered to himself as he started to wander a bit.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Phe didn’t often come to the library, it really wasn’t his thing, he much preferred to study down in the great hall where food was nearby, or in the Hufflepuff common room, it was so happy and cheerful in there.

True, the back of some of the stacks were pretty good snogging spots and he had made some good use of those with Ash, but other than that..

Lately though, he had found himself coming in here more often, alone, to study, much to his chagrin. The new teachers were hard and he had found himself quickly needing different and more advanced books than he already had.

And so, here he was, his brown eyes surveying the library, their corners pinched at the edges and his mouth was set in a line.

“Now, where are those DADA books. ” He muttered to himself as he started to wander a bit.
Hanna had taken to the Library as a refuge of sorts. Of course it wasn't so much a private place, but it was quiet. The Ravenclaw Common room no longer felt the safe area as it once had, thanks to one of the Head-Minions that had taken over Professor Stewart. Hanna hated studying in there, in case he popped his stupid, unwanted face in. She had hidden herself, with her Arithmancy textbook, behind some chairs, and had put a very simple concealing charm around it. One that, she was sure, would be nothing to fool anyone such as the Headmaster or other Professors, but she wanted some privacy.

And when she heard a boy talking to himself, or... so she assumed, she popped her head up from her chair-fort and said quietly "They're over there," pointing to her left. She had just been searching for this very textbook in her hands, and in her search had come across the DaDa books. She didn't want to study that, not today, but she was in the middle of an Arithmancy assignment.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 11-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna had taken to the Library as a refuge of sorts. Of course it wasn't so much a private place, but it was quiet. The Ravenclaw Common room no longer felt the safe area as it once had, thanks to one of the Head-Minions that had taken over Professor Stewart. Hanna hated studying in there, in case he popped his stupid, unwanted face in. She had hidden herself, with her Arithmancy textbook, behind some chairs, and had put a very simple concealing charm around it. One that, she was sure, would be nothing to fool anyone such as the Headmaster or other Professors, but she wanted some privacy.

And when she heard a boy talking to himself, or... so she assumed, she popped her head up from her chair-fort and said quietly "They're over there," pointing to her left. She had just been searching for this very textbook in her hands, and in her search had come across the DaDa books. She didn't want to study that, not today, but she was in the middle of an Arithmancy assignment.
Phe had one foot in the air, most likely going the wrong direction, when he heard a voice and he looked around to see a head come up behind a desk. A soft smile graced his lips for a moment before he spoke.

“Thanks, I’m hardly ever in here, so I have no clue where to go.” He said as he moved towards her a bit. “Though you look like you have a very cozy set up right here.” He said as he peaked into her little hiding spot.

“Hiding from all the terrible new teachers?” He asked her as he shifted his weight and leaned a bit lazily on his right leg.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Phe had one foot in the air, most likely going the wrong direction, when he heard a voice and he looked around to see a head come up behind a desk. A soft smile graced his lips for a moment before he spoke.

“Thanks, I’m hardly ever in here, so I have no clue where to go.” He said as he moved towards her a bit. “Though you look like you have a very cozy set up right here.” He said as he peaked into her little hiding spot.

“Hiding from all the terrible new teachers?” He asked her as he shifted his weight and leaned a bit lazily on his right leg.
"Oh, well it's almost the only place I don't feel like I'm being watched." She said this rather slowly, looking behind him, almost as if she were expecting one of them to show up.

She grinned. "Yep, it's nice and quiet. Did you want to come in here? I can make it bigger!" Maybe there was a charm to make the area inside bigger but not change how it looked from the outside. It would be rather more advanced than she could do though, she was certain.

Giving a sigh she replied "Yes." She hated them. With a feeling of hatred that bubbled up in her chest and made her want to scream. "I don't know how the Board of Governors let them in here. Do you think they threatened their families or... or cursed them or something?" She had thought that every now and then, particularly the way she saw how much pleasure they got from making the students so miserable.

always on the move
Old 11-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #19 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy

Quote:
"Oh, well it's almost the only place I don't feel like I'm being watched." She said this rather slowly, looking behind him, almost as if she were expecting one of them to show up.

She grinned. "Yep, it's nice and quiet. Did you want to come in here? I can make it bigger!" Maybe there was a charm to make the area inside bigger but not change how it looked from the outside. It would be rather more advanced than she could do though, she was certain.

Giving a sigh she replied "Yes." She hated them. With a feeling of hatred that bubbled up in her chest and made her want to scream. "I don't know how the Board of Governors let them in here. Do you think they threatened their families or... or cursed them or something?" She had thought that every now and then, particularly the way she saw how much pleasure they got from making the students so miserable.
Phe nodded as she spoke and he ran a hand through his messy brown hair again. “Ahh, Yeah. I feel safe enough in my common room, but I guess you wouldn’t.” He said as he motioned to her uniform. One of the replacements was the head of house. Merlin that would be awful.

Phe bent down to rest on the balls of his feet as he peered inside. “Sure, I’d love to come in there, it looks nice and quiet and safe.” He said with an easy grin as he looked around to make sure no one was coming. “It seems safe out here for now.. ” He said as he looked back at her a lopsided grin on his face.

A sigh left Phe’s mouth as she spoke and he flipped his bangs out of his eyes with his fingers, “I wouldn’t be surprised if they did really. ” He said with a shake of his head. “I wish we could try to get them out of here somehow.. ” He said casually as he looked around again.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jaxon Brodric Fletcher
Fourth Year
||Delta Goodrem Lover || Emma Watson Lover | | RavenPuff || 1 of 4 Amigos ||

Text Cut: Rylee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Rylee had lost herself in reading the textbook in her hands long before the slightly older Ravenclaw boy appeared in front of her. There was waaaaay more Charms information in these books than one would have originally thought. That or maybe it was the fact that she was constantly going back and re-reading over specific sections that appealed to her current interests.

Having someone standing over you and talking to you was one sure fire way to capture the third years attention. Slowly Rylee pulled her blue-grays from the page of her book to look up at the boy. He wanted to borrow her book? How did he know which book it was tucked up against her side? Not that he had been wrong, it was indeed a Transfiguration textbook. "It is..," she replied quietly picking up the book and holding it out to him. "Alright, I don't need it right this very second anyhow." So he was welcome to use it.

For a minute he thought that she hadn't heard him as he hadn't seen someone so lost in a book before, or had she fallen asleep with the book under her nose. She couldn't have though as he was sure he saw her stroking that fluffy kitten next to her, that he had to admit looked pretty cute and cosy in that little space it had. Even he had never been that cosy, he wondered what it felt like to be that cosy.

Just when he was about to walk away he saw her pull her eyes from the book that she was lost in or at least seem to be. Giving her a smile he took the book from her "Thanks! I will give it back, I'm not taking it from your sight" he sat down opposite her as he flipped through the book obviously looking for a specific Transfiguration spell. It had to be in this book, it just had to be here in this book. If not he had borrowed this book for no reason "Aha! There you are! I just knew it has to be in here! " quickly takes out the parchment ball out of his pocket along with his wand and is about to cast a spell when he stops... they could do educational things... did that mean practice a charm on a ball of parchment? Hmm he wondered....
Old 11-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Jaxon!

Both Rylee and her kitten Lamb were very much comfortable curled up on the over-stuffed arm chair. She reading her book and the kitten catching a nice rest while also getting a gentle petting. This was a win win situation for the two of them and she wouldn't be complaining.

"It's fine. I intend on remaining right here for at a bit longer," she told him. There was no real rush in getting the textbook back right this very second but she couldn't deny that it was much easier to return her focus onto her own once he sat across from her. Rylee went right back to reading only to be disrupted once again by this boy. While he may not have been speaking to her directly this time his exclaiming of whatever it was he had found had ended up startling her. This time she simply looked at him over the top of her book but said nothing. Was he finished now so that she could get back to her own studying? "Find what you were looking for?"

You are Bread!
Old 11-16-2018, 03:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9

Quote:
Phe nodded as she spoke and he ran a hand through his messy brown hair again. “Ahh, Yeah. I feel safe enough in my common room, but I guess you wouldn’t.” He said as he motioned to her uniform. One of the replacements was the head of house. Merlin that would be awful.

Phe bent down to rest on the balls of his feet as he peered inside. “Sure, I’d love to come in there, it looks nice and quiet and safe.” He said with an easy grin as he looked around to make sure no one was coming. “It seems safe out here for now.. ” He said as he looked back at her a lopsided grin on his face.

A sigh left Phe’s mouth as she spoke and he flipped his bangs out of his eyes with his fingers, “I wouldn’t be surprised if they did really. ” He said with a shake of his head. “I wish we could try to get them out of here somehow.. ” He said casually as he looked around again.
Hanna nodded, "It was a great place to be with Professor Stewart. But Professor whats-his-face took all of the good books from our common room too!" It had been a very sad day when she had seen that. No comic books. He had access to the room whenever he wanted, and being constantly expecting of some sort of surprise inspection was enough to make anyone constantly nervous. Forget about constant vigilance. "It must be nice having Hufflepuff remain under Noble." Hanna was glad for the Hufflepuffs at least. The house that seemed to be getting into the most trouble.

"Well that's what they want us to think, I'm sure. Do you have the feeling the walls have ears though?" Or was she just being paranoid?

As an older student confirmed her suspicions, Hanna felt a pit open into her stomach. "The Minister of Magic. Could... could we write..." she started, but knew that wouldn't work. The letter would be searched and destroyed, and sentenced with a hefty detention or something. Maybe even expulsion. She was sure the Head Honcho would think it was treason or something. "How do we do it?" she whispered fiercely to Phoenix.

always on the move
Old 11-16-2018, 06:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ally Rory
Slytherin
First Year
Stay Free

It was a nice day and she had some free time between classes so Skyler found herself at the library
Skyler was curled up in a corner of the library next to a window away from everyone else reading the book that professor Fletcher loaned her. She had the book for a week now a d was almost done with the book, one more chapter to go. As she turned a page, she heard it. riiiip
"Oh no." She whisperes.
She frowned and blinked at the torn page. How did she do that?? She took out her wand and pointed at the book.
"Reparo" she muttered. The page had been repared. (Thank Merlin). But she still felt that she needed to tell professor Fletcher. Even if she had repaired the book, she felt a need to tell the truth because she had accidentally ripped a page. She continued to read the rest of the last chapter. After that, she stood up and headed to his office to return the book and admit that she made a mistake.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:08 AM   #24 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy

Quote:
Hanna nodded, "It was a great place to be with Professor Stewart. But Professor whats-his-face took all of the good books from our common room too!" It had been a very sad day when she had seen that. No comic books. He had access to the room whenever he wanted, and being constantly expecting of some sort of surprise inspection was enough to make anyone constantly nervous. Forget about constant vigilance. "It must be nice having Hufflepuff remain under Noble." Hanna was glad for the Hufflepuffs at least. The house that seemed to be getting into the most trouble.

"Well that's what they want us to think, I'm sure. Do you have the feeling the walls have ears though?" Or was she just being paranoid?

As an older student confirmed her suspicions, Hanna felt a pit open into her stomach. "The Minister of Magic. Could... could we write..." she started, but knew that wouldn't work. The letter would be searched and destroyed, and sentenced with a hefty detention or something. Maybe even expulsion. She was sure the Head Honcho would think it was treason or something. "How do we do it?" she whispered fiercely to Phoenix.
Phe made a face as Hanna talked about how they had taken all the books away. “But you guys are Ravenclaws, you practically live for books.” Was he stereotyping just a bit? Yes.. of course he was. But he knew it was serious. He ran a hand through his increasingly messy brown hair and sighed.

“Yeah, Noble is great and all, but he’s still pretty strict, not as bad as as the new teachers, but still. ” Phe wrinkled his nose in thought as he fixed his bangs again.

“I should hope the walls don’t have ears.” He said with a sigh as he looked around once more, a small smirk moved to grace his lips as the other girl spoke about what to do and how to do it.

“We revolt.” He said in a soft voice as he looked at her. “If everyone breaks the rules and tried to get the other teachers back, surely it’ll work? They can’t stop us all right? So what we need to do.. is break some rules. Let them know, we aren’t going to take this laying down.” He grinned at her. “What do you think?” He asked, his brown eyes shining as he looked at her.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #25 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3

Quote:
With a rush of energy from thinking about it he started rambling. "I was actually talking to a friend recently about how cool it would be if Apparition tests were held in a way that you Apparate to another school where they are having exams too or something." He still thought that would be cool, but a regular field trip would be just as cool since he wouldn't be Apparating anytime soon.

Jackson nodded at the professor when he spoke of where he kept his pet. He 100% understood that logic... Not to mention it must be so fun having your pet around all the time! "I was considering a Bowtruckle... or a cat maybe... I wanted to be able to bring it to Hogwarts for my last couple years at least, but I have to wait until break to get one." No way was he letting someone else pick out his new best friend okay? N-O. Now though he was looking at the books before him and wondering if he shouldn't be checking out a couple books himself. Of course, he was here to help Professor Wishart first, but if he happened across a promising looking book he wasn't going to just ignore it! "Ooh!" he exclaimed, having spotted a Scamander book about birds and took it from the shelf. "Maybe this one?" He began flipped to the Table of Contents and began to skim.
Holy daisies how did Jackson go from talking in short sentences to rambling in just a short minute? Blinking and trying to follow what the much younger boy was saying Joshua grasped turnips like apparation tests and other schools from the quick flow of words. "It’d surely be cool Jackson to learn to apparate in that way, but it would be complicated to organize since the ministry of magic needs to be involved as well as foreign schools." Joshua highly doubted that headmaster Scrimegour would be interested in such an endeavour since he had forbidden many activities this term.

Mulling on Jackson’s pet choices Joshua couldn’t help but ask "Why would you want a cat or a bowtruckle? Why not a rat or a toad or an owl if we just talk about the school’s allowed list of pets?" Everyone adored different pets he fully understood that but a bowtruckle or a cat had no resemblance at all. Pulling down a book that looked promising about african creatures Joshua almost dropped it to the floor in surprise at Jackson’s sudden exclamation. Looking at the book the boy was holding he tried to keep a neutral tone. "Does the book have an entry on fwoopers? If i don't missrecall totally then Mr Scamander owned a fwooper too."