Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 719 users online including...
Alexrut , Austinwals , Kimothy , Nymphadoraliz , LavillStaky , Stevendalo , EddiePab , Ronaldsnut , love-for-HP

9 members
710 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 49: May - August 2018

Term 49: May - August 2018 Term Forty-Nine: A Hoard of Trouble (Sept 2095 - June 2096)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2017, 09:46 PM

Default The Great Lake

Banner credit: Suziella

Located just south of the castle is a large body of water known as the Great Lake or the Black Lake. This is where the first years encounter the school for the first time when the Groundskeeper takes them there by boat. After seven years they will leave the castle, their individual house and their home behind as they sail back across the Great Lake to embark on new adventures.

If you decide to dip your toes in the water, be careful of the many magical creatures inhibiting the lake that might mistake a little student’s toe for a tasty treat. For in the Great Lake lives everything from merpeople to grindylows. Bartholomew Henry, the Giant Squid, however is not interested in nibbling on toes, but would much rather have someone tickle his tentacles while he soaks up some sun.

Why don’t you follow his lead and do the same? Do some homework in the sun heated grass, take that well deserved nap before Ancient Runes or catch up on that reading. Enjoy your time at the Great Lake!
Old 05-05-2018, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default open pooooooooooost :3
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Derf could not wait to get out of the castle. It wasn’t for reasons of not being glad to be back at Hogwarts or having a particular affliction to stone walls, but the Hufflepuff enjoyed the grounds more than anything else here and was why he was SO keen when his free period finally came up. Enchanted suitcase a la Newt Scamander still in hand, the fifth year bolted from the Charms classroom, down the moving staircases - even taking some steps two and three at a time, out the main doors, through the courtyard, and didn’t slow down until he had reached the Black Lake.

And speaking of Charms...he still had a Bubblehead Charm that he needed to perfect. Mostly for Natalie reasons and a certain promise he was still intending to keep somehow, but also he was a required sort of spell that he probably should have in his arsenal come OWLs the end of term. And while his fwooper wand core was certainly having its share of influences on the Hufflepuff’s spellwork, and other things, he WAS becoming better. Though he his wandwork was also becoming a bit more unstable too. It truly was a paradox.

But for now, Derf kept his wand pocketed and instead slipped off his shoes and socks and outermost robes, resting them in a haphazard pile beside his suitcase. Once his snitch socks were stuffed into his shoes, the fifth year rolled up his trouser legs above his knees to allow himself to wade out into the shallow waters. He supposed, you know, he could just cast Impervius on his clothes...but the last time he had attempted that his clothes had quite literally melted TO his skin and, well, it was a very painful and messy trip to St. Mungo’s. Sleeves up next, Derf bent over and began searching the water for smooth rocks. He had a hankering for some rock skipping and was keen to see if he could beat his old record of 15 skips. Maybe he could even wake Bartholomew Henry up with his disturbing of the water...that would be ACE!

Even better would be the merpeople, but he figured the giant squid was a safer bet. He also had a proposition for the squid he had been meaning to inquire about.

Once he had a collection of smooth stones in his pocket - the one not occupied by Scamander, of course - Derf pulled his arm back and crouched slightly, the lake’s waters gently lapping at his legs and dousing his trousers around the thigh despite the rolling effort made. Then, on the count of three, he let his first rock go and watched as it went whizzing across the surface of the water. “One...two...three…four” he began counting aloud, until he got to eight and his rock sunk below the surface. At least he had a few lengthy skips in the mix, so he wasn't too terribly disappointed with his performance. “Drats,” he sighed, ruffling his hair as he prepared rock number two.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 05-06-2018, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Chloe missed her puppy, and hanging with the creatures in the barn wasn't sufficiently satisfying to overcome that hole in her heart. She sort of felt like blowing the tops off dandelions with her wand, but that was way too mean-spirited. Instead, she gathered dandelions and other flowers that some people considered weeds into a fat bouquet.

Derf was in the lake. Not by the lake. IN the lake. Chloe flopped onto a mossy patch and began to weave her flowers into a chain. She was just gonna lay here and lifeguard him, in case he wandered too far. She was a very good swimmer. "There's a shelf three feet to your right. Don't wander too far. Most people just do that from the shore, y'know? Is it easier out there?"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 05-06-2018, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Selecting a second rock, Derf was right in the middle of taking careful aim and oblivious to Chloe's approach. For someone who had a lot of anxiety attacks and nightmares over the events of his first year at Hogwarts...one would think his sense of self preservation and awareness of his surroundings were more acute. But, alas, here he was.

So it came as a bit of a jolt to his senses when she spoke, mid throw, and his concentration was completely thrown off. Which meant his rock landed with a dull THUNK directly into the water. But, since it wasn't all that far away from him, he could easily wade out and retrieve it. No sense in even pretending that his trousers we staying dry.

"Huh?" he grunted as he half pivoted around. "Chloe! Hey!" Shelf? What? "Oh...um...I like being in the water while I do this." He liked being in the water period but that wasn't really up for discussion right now. "You know it's on my Hogwarts bucket list to explore the lake some day, yeah? Just need to perfect my Bubblehead Charm first." Her tone seemed like she was fretting an a lot...for someone just knee deep in water. "Not like grindylows are gonna swim this close to shore and snatch my legs out from under me and drag me into the depths," he added as he fished into his pocket for another rock.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 05-07-2018, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & DMT
Mooncalf

x2
Default Jesse/Beth
★ wannabe historian ★ Baekry

One of the first things Steph did the day after the feast, was head to the lake. This was pretty much almost everyone's favorite spot. Steph mostly liked it for the fresh air and the fact she's been trying to catching something in the water for some time. Maybe she'll go looking for some plants while the weather was still warm and there weren't many students out. But for right now, Steph was sprawled out near a tree by the lake. Fresh air always made her happy.

Trust me, you don't want it with the female Scarface;
Old 05-07-2018, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Oops. She hadn't meant to mess up Derf's throw by distracting him. Chloe waved at him with a lazy smile, trying not to feel bad since he obviously wasn't too upset. There were a handful of smooth rocks nearby, and she started rolling them into a pile for him.

"I'm not worried about grindylows. Just about deep spots. But if you don't mind, then I don't mind." Chloe levitated her pile of rocks to the shoreline for him. He wanted to explore the lake someday? That sounded like quite an adventure... if he'd let her come along. Maybe he had someone else he'd invited on that adventure. "I know that Charm. I mean, I know of it, and I think we could learn it very easily. What do you suppose you'll find down there?"

Old 05-07-2018, 02:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default mention of Stephanie toooooo :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Oops. She hadn't meant to mess up Derf's throw by distracting him. Chloe waved at him with a lazy smile, trying not to feel bad since he obviously wasn't too upset. There were a handful of smooth rocks nearby, and she started rolling them into a pile for him.

"I'm not worried about grindylows. Just about deep spots. But if you don't mind, then I don't mind." Chloe levitated her pile of rocks to the shoreline for him. He wanted to explore the lake someday? That sounded like quite an adventure... if he'd let her come along. Maybe he had someone else he'd invited on that adventure. "I know that Charm. I mean, I know of it, and I think we could learn it very easily. What do you suppose you'll find down there?"
"Because...I'll get wet?" he chuckled, looking down at his trousers which, well, little he could do about that now. Glancing back over at her, Derf's smile turned into a grin as she levitated some rocks to him and he eagerly plucked them out of the air to shove into his pocket. "You could join me, you know. Water feels pretty nice." Not like the water in Australia but still nice.

And really, all she had to do was ask and she could go on an exploration adventure with him.

"Yeah? I've been reading up loads on the theory...got the wand movement down solid too, just haven't really been able to get the incantation and movement to collaborate," he chuckled, ruffling his hair a bit. "Grindylows," he grinned, because obviously. "Merpeople and their civilization...and I reckon my Mermish is good enough now that I could have a proper conversation with them, parts of Hogwart's HISTORY...I mean, you know, the whole Triwizard task took place IN our lake so going to THAT EXACT spot would be exciting." Partly why he was always so keen on entering the Chamber of Secrets, history. Not to mention all the chambers leading up to where the Philosopher's Stone had once been kept. "Bartholomew Henry in his natural habitat...there is loads to find down there, you know? I mean...like...think about this. When it comes to the oceans and lakes and stuff...we sorta know more about the cosmos than we do about what's right here in front of us, yeah? I mean like..humanity has sent like...20 something people to the MOON but STILL only three people have descended to the deepest part of the ocean."

And it was while he was looking over his shoulder speaking to Chloe that he also noticed Stephanie sitting nearby, and offered her a friendly and eager wave.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
One of the first things Steph did the day after the feast, was head to the lake. This was pretty much almost everyone's favorite spot. Steph mostly liked it for the fresh air and the fact she's been trying to catching something in the water for some time. Maybe she'll go looking for some plants while the weather was still warm and there weren't many students out. But for right now, Steph was sprawled out near a tree by the lake. Fresh air always made her happy.
There was one truth Beth already knew about the lake. It was prettier from above the water level. Really, the murky color of the water made the little window they had magic’d into the commons. It was nice.

Taking a deep breath the first year walked along the water’s edge until she spotted another person…an older girl, obviously she was older she didn’t look like a confused and startled first year and that, that was utterly intriguing to Beth. ”hi, do you like it out here?” she asked suddenly, as she walked closer to the girl a small smile playing at her lips.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Learning against a rock by the tree, Ewan was at there, his favourite grey rucksack laying open next to him. In his hands, his most precious belonging. His Koa Ukulele . With his eyes closed, he was plucking away, his fingers playing his favourite song automatically. He'd played it so many times that his fingers had it memorised. After several seconds, he started to sing along, his voice, filling the air with the sad echoes of pain.

"Hold me close and hold me fast,
The magic spell you cast,
This is la vie en rose"

People were always surprised when Ewan started to sing, mainly because he could actually sing quite well. It mattered not to him, the only person who's opinion mattered wasn't able to hear him anymore.

He always seemed to get lost in thought whenever he played this song. With everything so peaceful, he felt slightly bad for ruining it but he had to sneak off somewhere alone. He'd had such an amazing first lesson but.. he missed home. He wished he could just visit home, just for 5 minutes to talk to his family.

Last edited by aRogueOne; 05-08-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Learning against a rock by the tree, Ewan was at there, his favourite grey rucksack laying open next to him. In his hands, his most precious belonging. His Koa Ukulele . With his eyes closed, he was plucking away, his fingers playing his favourite song automatically. He'd played it so many times that his fingers had it memorised. After several seconds, he started to sing along, his voice, filling the air with the sad echoes of pain.

"Hold me close and hold me fast,
The magic spell you cast,
This is la vie en rose"

People were always surprised when Ewan started to sing, mainly because he could actually sing quite well. It mattered not to him, the only person who's opinion mattered wasn't able to hear him anymore.

He always seemed to get lost in thought whenever he played this song. With everything so peaceful, he felt slightly bad for ruining it but he had to sneak off somewhere alone. He'd had such an amazing first lesson but.. he missed home. He wished he could just visit home, just for 5 minutes to talk to his family.
Wondering around outside down by the lake sounded like the perfect way to end a long day of being inside learning. She had thought about getting her broom and going off to do a few laps or even going for a run. But she was trying to relax, and that was NOT relaxing. That was things that she did to stay in shape for Quidditch and do when she was thinking about things or overthinking things. Which at the moment she wasn’t. It was actually a weird thing to do not be thinking about stuff.

Though there wasn’t too much stuff to think about at the moment.

As she was walking, she heard someone singing. She looked around and found that the voice belonged to and much to her surprise it was the first year she had met at the feast and seen at tryouts Ewan. She stopped and listen to him. It kind of made her miss when she used to play the guitar. She had been missing that part of her life for years but just hadn’t had any care to get back to it until recently but it was probably just thinking about it. She sat down next to the first year and continued to listen to him. She was pretty impressed, and that was saying something.

You are Bread!
Old 05-09-2018, 12:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

"Because...I'll get wet?" he chuckled, looking down at his trousers which, well, little he could do about that now. Glancing back over at her, Derf's smile turned into a grin as she levitated some rocks to him and he eagerly plucked them out of the air to shove into his pocket. "You could join me, you know. Water feels pretty nice." Not like the water in Australia but still nice.

And really, all she had to do was ask and she could go on an exploration adventure with him.

"Yeah? I've been reading up loads on the theory...got the wand movement down solid too, just haven't really been able to get the incantation and movement to collaborate," he chuckled, ruffling his hair a bit. "Grindylows," he grinned, because obviously. "Merpeople and their civilization...and I reckon my Mermish is good enough now that I could have a proper conversation with them, parts of Hogwart's HISTORY...I mean, you know, the whole Triwizard task took place IN our lake so going to THAT EXACT spot would be exciting." Partly why he was always so keen on entering the Chamber of Secrets, history. Not to mention all the chambers leading up to where the Philosopher's Stone had once been kept. "Bartholomew Henry in his natural habitat...there is loads to find down there, you know? I mean...like...think about this. When it comes to the oceans and lakes and stuff...we sorta know more about the cosmos than we do about what's right here in front of us, yeah? I mean like..humanity has sent like...20 something people to the MOON but STILL only three people have descended to the deepest part of the ocean."

And it was while he was looking over his shoulder speaking to Chloe that he also noticed Stephanie sitting nearby, and offered her a friendly and eager wave.
"Because you'll lose your footing and drown." Chloe rolled her eyes, mostly playfully but somewhat exasperated. All boys were like this. They didn't know how to keep themselves safe... except Simon, who didn't know how to put himself into danger. Erm... have fun. Same difference. "I'd like for you not to drown, Derf. You know that I would prefer not to lose you."

He knew that. He also had to know that she wasn't going into the water. Chloe could splash around with the best of them, and she didn't mind getting wet or dirty, but she was warm and comfortable and getting just a little bit tired. A nap might happen. "Derfy. You're kind of a history nerd. I mean, how will we have time to do all those things when we have to study for OWLs?" She forced herself to sit up so she wouldn't fall asleep. "Those places are also dangerous. Aren't you scared?" When had he become brave brave Derfy?

Old 05-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Because you'll lose your footing and drown." Chloe rolled her eyes, mostly playfully but somewhat exasperated. All boys were like this. They didn't know how to keep themselves safe... except Simon, who didn't know how to put himself into danger. Erm... have fun. Same difference. "I'd like for you not to drown, Derf. You know that I would prefer not to lose you."

He knew that. He also had to know that she wasn't going into the water. Chloe could splash around with the best of them, and she didn't mind getting wet or dirty, but she was warm and comfortable and getting just a little bit tired. A nap might happen. "Derfy. You're kind of a history nerd. I mean, how will we have time to do all those things when we have to study for OWLs?" She forced herself to sit up so she wouldn't fall asleep. "Those places are also dangerous. Aren't you scared?" When had he become brave brave Derfy?
Derf laughed, loudly for a moment, because he was sure his friend was pulling his leg like a grindylow. Only when he gave her a proper look and saw that she was, indeed, being serious...he stopped. And just sorta looked at her all confused for a moment. "Uh...Chloe. You do know that I am an ace swimmer, yeah? And like ... dad takes me snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef and stuff..." Had she always thought he was so, er, fragile? "You won't lose me to the Black Lake, I promise. Well, unless I get down there and decide that living among the grindylows and merpeople is more for me."

Well-timed or ill-timed humor? Probably the latter.

Derfy. She was the only one who called him that, did she know? The only other nickname he had earned from anyone was Bel with a simple D. Fitting for the quidditch pitch.

"I like reading," he laughed, ruffling his hair a bit sheepishly before giving another stone a proper toss and counted the skips...this time it sinking at 12. So close. "And, you know, loads have happened at this castle. The remnants still here and all. I'm going to work on getting that giant wizard's chess board in the underground chambers up and running again. Been reading up loads on magical theory and everything." Turning back around a little to look at her, another stone being lightly tosses up and down in his hand, he smiled at the Ravenclaw. "My bucket list doesn't have to be done all this year, Chloe. Been chippin' away and adding to it since first year." Though her question..sorta caught him off guard. "I am...I mean..the things we've seen and experienced here...monsters, portals, manipulated professors and Dark magic...there is loads to be scared about, you know? But, I guess, everything sorta made me want to avoid thinking about what if."

An ironic statement considering his personal life. Maybe this was him over compensating?

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 05-09-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post

Wondering around outside down by the lake sounded like the perfect way to end a long day of being inside learning. She had thought about getting her broom and going off to do a few laps or even going for a run. But she was trying to relax, and that was NOT relaxing. That was things that she did to stay in shape for Quidditch and do when she was thinking about things or overthinking things. Which at the moment she wasn’t. It was actually a weird thing to do not be thinking about stuff.

Though there wasn’t too much stuff to think about at the moment.

As she was walking, she heard someone singing. She looked around and found that the voice belonged to and much to her surprise it was the first year she had met at the feast and seen at tryouts Ewan. She stopped and listen to him. It kind of made her miss when she used to play the guitar. She had been missing that part of her life for years but just hadn’t had any care to get back to it until recently but it was probably just thinking about it. She sat down next to the first year and continued to listen to him. She was pretty impressed, and that was saying something.
He could have been sitting there for hours, with his eyes closed, he continued to play, his singing slowly turning into humming. Finally, he’d finished. Opening his eyes for the first time in what seemed forever, he stretched. As he stretched, one of his hands brushed something... was it hair?

*Jumps, eyes wide in surprise*

"What the...."

He had been long gone, in a world of memories and sorrow. Or happiness. Both. Turning now, he saw a girl. He wasn’t even aware that someone had joined him!! Aha, he’d met her at the feast and at the Quidditch try-outs! For a moment, he did not answer, could not answer, He’d thought he was alone. Sliding away from her slightly, he opened his mouth to speak. “Uh...How much did you hear?” he asked, his cheeks now rose tinted.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Other Characters
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bartholomew Henry
Default Open post.
I like shiny things.

Bartholomew was never the type of Squid to lurk. The squid preferred to be right out in the open. Hence old Bart was swimming in to shore. "Greetings, children!'' Be amazed as four of the eight tentacles rose out of the water in the form of waves. "Don't be shy! Come say hi.'' Bartholomew always enjoyed a good and engaging chat with any human.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default US. Because he was TRYING to get your attention :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Squid View Post
Bartholomew was never the type of Squid to lurk. The squid preferred to be right out in the open. Hence old Bart was swimming in to shore. "Greetings, children!'' Be amazed as four of the eight tentacles rose out of the water in the form of waves. "Don't be shy! Come say hi.'' Bartholomew always enjoyed a good and engaging chat with any human.
Grinning at Chloe, Derf turned back towards the lake and readied himself for tossing another smooth stone over it's glassy surface. He needed to accomplish ONE of his goals today, either beating his record or drawing one of it's dweller's attention, and had drawn his arm back and released his stone - which caused him to take an extra step or two because he had put some real UMPTH into it this time and was now waist deep in the water - when ....

"BARTHOLOMEW!" he chirped, his stone ironicall skipping somewhere around 20 times but the Hufflepuff failed to notice. For obvious reasons. "Chloe! Look!" He shouted over his shoulder to his friend. "How have you been? Do you remember me?! What's the neatest thing you've seen in the lake recently?!"

HE WAS SO EXCITED!

Old 05-10-2018, 02:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default Derf and Mr. Henry

He was making that little wrinkle between his eyebrows, which meant that Chloe was doing something to make him unhappy. And since she was not allowed to shy away from making him unhappy, because it made her more unhappy... Chloe shrugged and smiled ruefully. No harm intended. "My dad says that sometimes saying 'don't forget to dress warmly' or 'take an umbrella' really means 'I love you.' I don't think you can't take care of yourself. I just want you to be careful because I love you." No big deal.

She didn't have a bucket list, not like Derf did, but he made her want to dream up a bunch of adventures to have. It was one thing to be invited along on his adventures, but it was better to have her own goals and dreams. "I think I'll make a list, and someday we can compare our lists and see what overlaps. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't invite me along when you need an adventure buddy." Because there were a LOT of people at Hogwarts, and sometimes the cheerful Ravenclaw felt like like a ray of sunshine and more like a shadow on a cloudy day. Not really there at all.

And then the Giant Squid appeared. Chloe was drawn to the shore, not just by Derf's excitement, but because this was her own FIRST SIGHTING. She waved cheerfully, a bit starstruck by the actual Mr. Henry. In the flesh, so to speak. "Hello, sir." Just... that was it.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMGS & DMT
Mooncalf

x2
★ wannabe historian ★ Baekry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post
There was one truth Beth already knew about the lake. It was prettier from above the water level. Really, the murky color of the water made the little window they had magic’d into the commons. It was nice.

Taking a deep breath the first year walked along the water’s edge until she spotted another person…an older girl, obviously she was older she didn’t look like a confused and startled first year and that, that was utterly intriguing to Beth. ”hi, do you like it out here?” she asked suddenly, as she walked closer to the girl a small smile playing at her lips.
Steph made a mental note to go bother Derf later one when he wasn't too busy. Maybe he'd share some creature information Steph knew nothing about but liked hearing the boy talk about. It was too bad Derf didn't really like plants anymore, but there were reasons. Anyway, the redhead soaked up some sun, but not too much, while relaxing. In her mind, she began considering what extra activities she should take this year. Maybe yoga or something. Still she gave thought to the idea of creating her own club.

As soon as she opened her eyes, someone spoke to her. A soft voice, really. Rolling and looking at the person, Steph smiled and nodded a bit. "For the most part. It's no beach, but when the weather is nice, it's very relaxing out here," Which Steph loved. She lived underground while at school so they didn't get much of a view of anything down there.

Trust me, you don't want it with the female Scarface;
Old 05-11-2018, 01:54 AM   #18 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default Chloe & BH

Smiling a bit, he thought he got what Chloe was getting at, even if some - read A LOT - of her words made his insides all squirmy because YES big deal. Words he didn't exactly throw out often, you know? Outside of his family and stuff that is. And his creatures. They got told he loved them every day. "I'll be careful, Chloe. You can remind me to roll my trousers up or something instead of drowning though," he said with a bit of a wink.

Grinning and lobbing a rock back and forth between his hands, he pivoted around to look at the Ravenclaw and her daisy chain making. "You want me to write up and make you a formal invitation...or you reckon this verbal one will do?" He wiggled one of the rocks in the air and then was struck with an idea. "Actually. Scratch that. I take that back. THIS rock....is your invitation. But you gotta come and get it." Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle. "Pluuuuuuus...you'll be getting closer to Bartholomew Henry too."

Old 05-12-2018, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olivia Hurst
First Year
Default Lemonie and Leecey
Vine|| Erin Heyman <3 || Tagalog Forum || RonMione forever || ENGR <333

It was a pleasant morning. Olivia was a in good mood. She already picked up 5 candy wrappers along the pathways. A clean Hogwarts is a happy place to play.

She wandered around the grounds finally plopping herself into a spot with the full view of the lake. “No more trashes up here,” she almost sighed. Her work here is done. “Only the water.” Smelling the air and breathing the bright sun, she exhaled deeply. Pulling out her backpack, she took out the outdoor picnic blanket and positioned it over the grounds.

Olivia crossed her legs and laid out the food she packed. A picnic sounds nice, yeah?
Old 05-12-2018, 01:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Smiling a bit, he thought he got what Chloe was getting at, even if some - read A LOT - of her words made his insides all squirmy because YES big deal. Words he didn't exactly throw out often, you know? Outside of his family and stuff that is. And his creatures. They got told he loved them every day. "I'll be careful, Chloe. You can remind me to roll my trousers up or something instead of drowning though," he said with a bit of a wink.

Grinning and lobbing a rock back and forth between his hands, he pivoted around to look at the Ravenclaw and her daisy chain making. "You want me to write up and make you a formal invitation...or you reckon this verbal one will do?" He wiggled one of the rocks in the air and then was struck with an idea. "Actually. Scratch that. I take that back. THIS rock....is your invitation. But you gotta come and get it." Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle. "Pluuuuuuus...you'll be getting closer to Bartholomew Henry too."
"I didn't ask for a formal invitation." Chloe stuck out her tongue at Derf, feeling annoyed at his teasing and then feeling bad for feeling annoyed and then feeling bad for feeling bad and not confessing to him. Siiiiiiiigh. Feelings were terrible, weren't they? "I just said I'd be willing to come along. I dont' want to bother you." He had a lot more friends than she did, after all.

But the current invitation did attract her attention, and Chloe shed her shoes and waded into the water in Derf's direction. She wasn't afraid that Mr. Henry would grab her up or hurt her, although it would be amazing to high five a tentacle up close. "Gimme that invitation. I'm going to bop your nose with it."

Old 05-12-2018, 11:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Other Characters
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bartholomew Henry
Default Derfael and Chloe.
I like shiny things.

If it didn't happen to be young Derfael. Bartholomew's eyes seemed to shine bright as they fell on the Hufflepuff. "Of course I do, Derfael. It's a pleasure to see you again. I must point out that you're an excellent stone tosser.'' Tentacles splashed in the water. "What haven't I seen? Grindylows galore! The Merfolk acquiring a few more as pets, Moaning Myrtle floating around.''

"Hello to you, Miss! I recall seeing you on the Lake's shores before but I doubt we have had the pleasure of officially meeting. I am Bartholomew Henry.'' Bartholomew held out a tentacle. Hand/ tentacle shakes were always a must when meeting someone for the first time.

Old Bart watched the two's interactions. "Are you dating each other?'' His eyes were now filled with curiosity.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12

He had only been teasing, so her tone implying that she had taken his words the wrong way made his brow do that wrinkling thing that SHE did not like. But it did not stay for too long because Chloe was being so silly again. "Bother? You're never a bother to me, Chloe," he laughed. Well, save for that one confusing conversation...though that wasn't so much a bother as it was confusion.

But at least she was accepting his FORMAL invitation and joining him in the shallow waters. "Haha, try if you can," he grinned. He was a bit taller than her now and, well, he wasn't above diving into the water to avoid being bopped. Just to make a show of it all and get her to laugh.

Wiggling the stone towards his friend, and lazily trying to keep it out of her reach for just a bit longer, Derf turned his attention back to Bartholomew Henry and hung on the cephalopod as he spoke. "Thanks," he blushed. Praise from a squid, you know, how often did THAT happen. "Reckon my beater arms help that." He even paused to give them a flex, which gave Chloe ample time to snatch that stone she had come over to get.

And, well, Derf wasn't sure if THAT was the most interesting of news...though acquiring grindylows for pets was something he was keen on so that appealed to the fifth year. "Seems like just another day in the Lake then," he laughed, trying to mask his disappointment at the answer. Hard to be all THAT disappointed with the giant squid right THERE, you know?

But before he could ask a follow up question - or 20 - Bartholomew Henry was asking THAT of all things.

"Uh....Chloe is dating one of my dormmates," he replied sheepishly, ruffling his hair. A fact that still...bothered him for some reason and he really did not like that it did. "But we're really really good friends. Best friends. Her and I."

Old 05-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
He could have been sitting there for hours, with his eyes closed, he continued to play, his singing slowly turning into humming. Finally, he’d finished. Opening his eyes for the first time in what seemed forever, he stretched. As he stretched, one of his hands brushed something... was it hair?

*Jumps, eyes wide in surprise*

"What the...."

He had been long gone, in a world of memories and sorrow. Or happiness. Both. Turning now, he saw a girl. He wasn’t even aware that someone had joined him!! Aha, he’d met her at the feast and at the Quidditch try-outs! For a moment, he did not answer, could not answer, He’d thought he was alone. Sliding away from her slightly, he opened his mouth to speak. “Uh...How much did you hear?” he asked, his cheeks now rose tinted.
Juni’s self socialization experiment was working out wonderfully… and that was to mean wonderfully terrible. Maybe should try to hang out with people her own age or something. She thought that maybe she was starting to scare some of the first years.

Though she jumped herself when she felt something in her hair. ”Oh… Not much. Not that much actually but it was enough to know that for his age he was pretty good.

You are Bread!
Old 05-13-2018, 08:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Still blushing slightly now, he sat up, facing her slightly.
"Well I hope you enjoyed! you're lucky you caught me", cheeks slightly less red now. "I uh... I don't really play for many people and I never sing".

"Can you play? Or sing?" he asked, curiosity getting the better of him now. He'd always wanted someone else to play with but somehow, even here, Ukulele players were in short supply. "I mean, if you're as good at this as you are at quidditch, you'll be a natural"., remembering now how great she was at the quidditch tryouts.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

A proper introduction to the Giant Squid, including a handshake? Chloe took hold of the proffered tentacle and gave it a tentative shake, followed by a spontaneous bear hug. How often did a girl get to say that she hugged a Giant Squid right on his sucker? Said sucker seemed to attach a bit to her face, which Chloe decided was as close to a kiss from Mr. Henry as she was likely to get (or wanted to get, to be honest).

"It is very much my pleasure to meet you, Mr. Henry. I'm Chloe Maxine Kettleburn, Ravenclaw. And Derf is definitely my best best friend, and I hope you know that boys and girls can be friends without being kissy faced about it. I'm sure the same can be said for boy squids and girl squids. Do you have a partner, or is this a single occupancy lake?" Because that sounded so lonely to her, and she'd come visit him every day.

And since Derf was plenty distracted, and Chloe took advantage of his inattention by grabbing the rock out of his hand and tapping as close to his nose as she could. "Bother bother bother."