Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 862 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Rjazanskijyuj , Austinwals , EddiePab , APers6

8 members
854 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 47: September - December 2017

Term 47: September - December 2017 Term Forty-Seven: Drama on the Rise (Sept 2093 - June 2094)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2016, 01:34 AM

Default Balcony

The balcony located on the fourth floor is one of the few balconies in the castle. In an opening along the corridor, on the opposite side of the castle from the library, is where you can find this particular balcony. If you ever need a break from doing that lengthy Arithmancy homework or need a place to relax with a friend, this balcony is a great place to get a few minutes of fresh air before getting back to work again.

You will notice that you are approaching the balcony when you can feel a slight change in temperature. During the autumn and spring seasons, the breezes that come through this opening are inviting. The winter months, however, bring forth a chill, even with the nearby torches being lit. No matter the temperature, the fourth-floor balcony always provides some of the most breathtaking sights of the grounds below and mountains beyond as well as a clear view of the Whomping Willow in all of her glory. Keep note that it does get a little wet here when it rains, so make sure you conjure an umbrella.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Default For anyone!
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Kalen was on his way back down to the library from the Astronomy tower, he had found a schedule that seemed to work pretty well for him, Library during the day, Astronomy tower at night. With some mix ins on the weekends of course, and so far he seemed to be doing okay.

Though he seemed to be constantly forgetting things in his office that he needed in the library and vice versa! Today he had forgotten his favorite tea cup in his office, not to mention Mr.Tumnus, his cat had decided to follow him back down to the library.

After grabbing his cup, and depositing his cat back in the office, the green eyed man decided to make a quick stop to get some fresh air. He stepped out onto the balcony and smiled as he looked out over the view.. a small smirk on his face as he remembered times he had spent into his very spot when he had been at school.

He put his hand on the railing and took in a deep breath of fresh air. Ahhh, that helped calm the mildly frazzled New Professors nerves..

A bit at least.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Kalen was on his way back down to the library from the Astronomy tower, he had found a schedule that seemed to work pretty well for him, Library during the day, Astronomy tower at night. With some mix ins on the weekends of course, and so far he seemed to be doing okay.

Though he seemed to be constantly forgetting things in his office that he needed in the library and vice versa! Today he had forgotten his favorite tea cup in his office, not to mention Mr.Tumnus, his cat had decided to follow him back down to the library.

After grabbing his cup, and depositing his cat back in the office, the green eyed man decided to make a quick stop to get some fresh air. He stepped out onto the balcony and smiled as he looked out over the view.. a small smirk on his face as he remembered times he had spent into his very spot when he had been at school.

He put his hand on the railing and took in a deep breath of fresh air. Ahhh, that helped calm the mildly frazzled New Professors nerves..

A bit at least.
She'd grown weary of the library. It'd been a good enough morning until a rowdy group of Second Years barged in insisting they find out some issue or another. On any other day, Jessa Cambridge was a good listener and usually keen to know what others discussed about the castle--but not this second. Not when she was here, chapters away from concluding a particularly riveting tale of a girl and her dragon.

Hard to pull yourself into the story when all you can hear are immature giggles from the table down the room.

With a heavy sigh, the Ravenclaw had collected her things and headed for the balcony. It was only after depositing herself on the floor that she realized she was not alone.

"Oh, Mr. Kennedy....er....I mean, Professor Kennedy." Just in case the man had grown to be particularly finicky about titles. You never knew who you'd offend until you found yourself down in the dungeons--which had been a goal of the previous year. Nothing beat authentic experience, not even a well simulated one courtesy of her very caring Head of House.

Slowly, the girl ambled to her feet, recollecting her things and going through a list of other quiet places she could try. "I didn't know you were out here, sorry to intrude."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
She'd grown weary of the library. It'd been a good enough morning until a rowdy group of Second Years barged in insisting they find out some issue or another. On any other day, Jessa Cambridge was a good listener and usually keen to know what others discussed about the castle--but not this second. Not when she was here, chapters away from concluding a particularly riveting tale of a girl and her dragon.

Hard to pull yourself into the story when all you can hear are immature giggles from the table down the room.

With a heavy sigh, the Ravenclaw had collected her things and headed for the balcony. It was only after depositing herself on the floor that she realized she was not alone.

"Oh, Mr. Kennedy....er....I mean, Professor Kennedy." Just in case the man had grown to be particularly finicky about titles. You never knew who you'd offend until you found yourself down in the dungeons--which had been a goal of the previous year. Nothing beat authentic experience, not even a well simulated one courtesy of her very caring Head of House.

Slowly, the girl ambled to her feet, recollecting her things and going through a list of other quiet places she could try. "I didn't know you were out here, sorry to intrude."
Kalen was pulled from his thoughts as he heard a voice and he turned around, his green eyes searching for the source of the voice. A small smile appeared on his lips as he spotted Miss Cambridge sitting on the floor. The smile grew even wider as she stumbled over which title to call him.

He leaned against the balcony and crossed his ankles, hands in his pockets as he started to speak. "Mr.Kennedy is fine Miss Cambridge, I'll answer to either. " He said as he watched her stand up and slowly collect your things.

"It's perfectly fine, honestly. I don't mind some company. " Kalen said with a grin as he looked at her. "Unless of course you need some quiet? " He asked her curiously. He could certainly understand that.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Kalen was pulled from his thoughts as he heard a voice and he turned around, his green eyes searching for the source of the voice. A small smile appeared on his lips as he spotted Miss Cambridge sitting on the floor. The smile grew even wider as she stumbled over which title to call him.

He leaned against the balcony and crossed his ankles, hands in his pockets as he started to speak. "Mr.Kennedy is fine Miss Cambridge, I'll answer to either. " He said as he watched her stand up and slowly collect your things.

"It's perfectly fine, honestly. I don't mind some company. " Kalen said with a grin as he looked at her. "Unless of course you need some quiet? " He asked her curiously. He could certainly understand that.
"Oh. In that case I think I'll try them both out. Get a feel for which flows better--if you don't mind." He said either worked but at the same time, she would need to pick one for the sake of her own sanity. There were already enough things running through her mind at any given moment without the added worry of what to refer to the man when she entered the Astronomy Tower or the Library. She'd heard Fourth Year would be complicated but this wasn't what she thought they meant.

The Ravenclaw hugged the books to her chest, ready to make an exit but his words gave her pause. Not interrupting some super profound moment of adulthood that he might have been sharing then. Good. Very good.

Jessa returned to the archway leading to the balcony, leaning against its frame, her legs crossed at her ankles like his own. She would stay, but she would stay here. By now, remaining by the exit had become second nature to her, she simply would not let herself be confined in such a relatively small space.

"I actually thought about coming to see you this year, you know." She said by way of continuing the conversation he had invited her to start. "I can't seem to find the right books that I need. I don't reckon they're in the accessible part of the library at this point." Which was the real tragedy here.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy

Quote:
"Oh. In that case I think I'll try them both out. Get a feel for which flows better--if you don't mind." He said either worked but at the same time, she would need to pick one for the sake of her own sanity. There were already enough things running through her mind at any given moment without the added worry of what to refer to the man when she entered the Astronomy Tower or the Library. She'd heard Fourth Year would be complicated but this wasn't what she thought they meant.

The Ravenclaw hugged the books to her chest, ready to make an exit but his words gave her pause. Not interrupting some super profound moment of adulthood that he might have been sharing then. Good. Very good.

Jessa returned to the archway leading to the balcony, leaning against its frame, her legs crossed at her ankles like his own. She would stay, but she would stay here. By now, remaining by the exit had become second nature to her, she simply would not let herself be confined in such a relatively small space.

"I actually thought about coming to see you this year, you know." She said by way of continuing the conversation he had invited her to start. "I can't seem to find the right books that I need. I don't reckon they're in the accessible part of the library at this point." Which was the real tragedy here.
Kalen held back a smile as Jessa spoke and he nodded, "I don't mind at all Miss Cambridge, whatever works for you." He said with a small nod, he had run into a few students wondering exactly what to call him. While he himself preferred Professor, because quite honestly he was excited to have that title, he wanted the kids to call him what they were more comfortable with.

Even if he was a Professor now.

Anyways!

Kalen got himself more comfortable on the balcony bannister as she stayed near the archway, he was a bit curious as to why she has stationed herself near the door but he didn't question it. He had enough Ravenclaw nieces and nephews to know not to wonder about their ways.

One dark eyebrow arched as she started to speak, curious about which of his roles in the school she had wanted to come see him about. "Did you now? Curious about the Stars? Or wanting a book?" He asked, and then nodded as she clarified.

Ahh books, of course.

"What sort of books are you looking for then?" He asked her curiously.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default For anyone!
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

"Wow!"

This was absolutely breath-taking....

Olivia had stumbled upon the balcony just at the right time it seemed as the afternoon light was streaming and the breeze was inviting. From the balcony, she could see the sprawling Hogwarts grounds filled with fellow classmates walking around, the mountains in the distance, and even the Whomping Willow. Her blue eyes focused on the great tree. She hadn't been near there since the IMPS Competition. The one where Etta and a few Illvermorny competitors had almost... almost had an unfortunate run in with the temperamental willow.

She dismissed that thought from her mind and decided to take the view in instead, letting herself relax.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Kalen held back a smile as Jessa spoke and he nodded, "I don't mind at all Miss Cambridge, whatever works for you." He said with a small nod, he had run into a few students wondering exactly what to call him. While he himself preferred Professor, because quite honestly he was excited to have that title, he wanted the kids to call him what they were more comfortable with.

Even if he was a Professor now.

Anyways!

Kalen got himself more comfortable on the balcony bannister as she stayed near the archway, he was a bit curious as to why she has stationed herself near the door but he didn't question it. He had enough Ravenclaw nieces and nephews to know not to wonder about their ways.

One dark eyebrow arched as she started to speak, curious about which of his roles in the school she had wanted to come see him about. "Did you now? Curious about the Stars? Or wanting a book?" He asked, and then nodded as she clarified.

Ahh books, of course.

"What sort of books are you looking for then?" He asked her curiously.
B"I admit I'm not particularly curious about the stars."[/b] Not meant to belittle his subject but rather a response to his earlier question. Astronomy was lovely. Learning about space and all it held was a fascination in itself, but the Ravenclaw had had very little to spark her interest in all her time here. The classes had been, for lack of a better term, pretty lackluster. They didn't stir her into action the way her other experiments and points of reading did. Consequently, she spent very little time outside of her lesson actually contemplating celestial entities.

"I'm looking for books to help with my collection of undead subjects--well, still dead for now I suppose, but soon to be undead." Much like her first sentence, this too was said casually, as if she'd been discussing the weather or the meal she hopped to find at the dinner table later on in the evening.

For now, this was what held her fascination and most of her time. The experiment was still admitted in its earlier stages and half the reason was the absence of key knowledge that she needed.

"I'm looking into....um....rejuvenation might be the word. See, half of them decayed terribly before I found them and I'd hate to have them breaking at the joints when I really begin the tests. Jaecar and I considered potions but they need a working system to get it around. Valko suggested I don't need blood per say...but....I'd just like some information on how to get up to that." So not a book on sunshine, unicorns and daisies.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default Whit! and anyone else <3
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

There was nothing so appreciative in life as fresh air on a Sunday afternoon in September. She'd been in the library working on another lengthy assignment when she needed a break and fortunately for her there was a balcony close by to stand and take in the beautiful grounds.

Leaning against the railing, the fifth year found herself inhaling and exhaling at the fresh air.

Did she mention breathtaking? Beautiful? Relaxing?

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
There was nothing so appreciative in life as fresh air on a Sunday afternoon in September. She'd been in the library working on another lengthy assignment when she needed a break and fortunately for her there was a balcony close by to stand and take in the beautiful grounds.

Leaning against the railing, the fifth year found herself inhaling and exhaling at the fresh air.

Did she mention breathtaking? Beautiful? Relaxing?
Wanting to pick up some books for general reading, Rosalyn had headed to the library. Now that she had gotten what she had came for, she was ready to head back down to the first floor and her office.

Or not...

Her thoughts wandered over to the balcony on the other side of the castle from the library. It would be nice to look out on the grounds and get some fresh air, and her pile of books was not all that big. Plus she was getting a bit more exercise in this way and that was ALWAYS a plus. "Hello, Miss Diggory." Looked like she wasn't the only one who had decided to come here. "How are you doing?" She certainly looked well. Was she feeling confident for her OWLs?
Old 09-09-2017, 11:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post

Wanting to pick up some books for general reading, Rosalyn had headed to the library. Now that she had gotten what she had came for, she was ready to head back down to the first floor and her office.

Or not...

Her thoughts wandered over to the balcony on the other side of the castle from the library. It would be nice to look out on the grounds and get some fresh air, and her pile of books was not all that big. Plus she was getting a bit more exercise in this way and that was ALWAYS a plus. "Hello, Miss Diggory." Looked like she wasn't the only one who had decided to come here. "How are you doing?" She certainly looked well. Was she feeling confident for her OWLs?
It was easy to lose track of time out here with the fresh air, Skylar decided. Which was a dangerous problem when one had as much studies and homework as she had, given her class load. Another dangerous distraction? Kissing.

But fortunately for her, kissing wasn't happening at the moment since Brent was MIA with his NEWT studies about time! and there was another distraction of a voice greeting her to break her thoughts and allow her to not lose herself in the scenery for TOO long. Professor Newton .... or well, as she learned initially from the Headmistress, Mrs Marchand apparently. Something that even though she should have expected, the fifth year found herself annoyed about, even though it'd been a month. "Oh hello, I'm doing okay..." She bit her lip. "Actually, no, i'm not. I'm kind of hurt, to be honest, you got married and didn't tell me. Or rather that Mister Marchand didn't." Because to be frank, while she liked her well enough, she liked him more. Yes maybe it wouldn't have been fair to include her without other students, but since when was life fair?

Old 09-10-2017, 02:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

MO
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emilia Kim
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Helena Leventis
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

x1
●kpop lingua amateur● Spanglish,YO●

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
"Wow!"

This was absolutely breath-taking....

Olivia had stumbled upon the balcony just at the right time it seemed as the afternoon light was streaming and the breeze was inviting. From the balcony, she could see the sprawling Hogwarts grounds filled with fellow classmates walking around, the mountains in the distance, and even the Whomping Willow. Her blue eyes focused on the great tree. She hadn't been near there since the IMPS Competition. The one where Etta and a few Illvermorny competitors had almost... almost had an unfortunate run in with the temperamental willow.

She dismissed that thought from her mind and decided to take the view in instead, letting herself relax.
Luci went on the search for a new relax spot, since most were being taken by new or younger students. Not that it bothered her, but she wanted some nice breeze to let her think through her this start of term and the list of things to do before next week. So, she landed at the balcony.

Is peace defined as this?

The sun, the wind, the view. Just...there, at view, making her want to go, but not really because of her foot stuck in a tight sock. Just before she sat down, she saw Vi. Beaming, she waved at her and stood up in a flash of a moment, "OLIVIA!" And there she went, waddling towards her.

so close you can almost taste it
Old 09-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy

Quote:
B"I admit I'm not particularly curious about the stars."[/b] Not meant to belittle his subject but rather a response to his earlier question. Astronomy was lovely. Learning about space and all it held was a fascination in itself, but the Ravenclaw had had very little to spark her interest in all her time here. The classes had been, for lack of a better term, pretty lackluster. They didn't stir her into action the way her other experiments and points of reading did. Consequently, she spent very little time outside of her lesson actually contemplating celestial entities.

"I'm looking for books to help with my collection of undead subjects--well, still dead for now I suppose, but soon to be undead." Much like her first sentence, this too was said casually, as if she'd been discussing the weather or the meal she hopped to find at the dinner table later on in the evening.

For now, this was what held her fascination and most of her time. The experiment was still admitted in its earlier stages and half the reason was the absence of key knowledge that she needed.

"I'm looking into....um....rejuvenation might be the word. See, half of them decayed terribly before I found them and I'd hate to have them breaking at the joints when I really begin the tests. Jaecar and I considered potions but they need a working system to get it around. Valko suggested I don't need blood per say...but....I'd just like some information on how to get up to that." So not a book on sunshine, unicorns and daisies.
Kalen just shrugged a bit as Jess's said that she wasn't overly fond of the stars. He didn't expect everyone to like the subject, especially for curious Ravenclaws. "Fair enough." He said with a nod. The heavens were interesting to him and he hoped he could make them interesting for other people, through his lessons, but he understood if he couldn't. Not every subject was for everyone he knew that well enough. He himself was awful at History of Magic, so there you were.

However as she spoke again, his green eyes went wide and he actually came up off the edge of the balcony a bit. "Undead subjects?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow and looked at her hard. That wasn't something that was usually taught here at Hogwarts. "Wait, collection of undead subjects? "

He held up his hand.

"Let me stop you right there Miss Cambridge, are you meaning to tell me that you have a collection of dead subjects that you want to reanimate? " The Librarian was blinking at her.

"Please tell me you have a Professor's permission to do such things? Or are under a Professors guidance with something like this? " He asked her, his green eyes very serious.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Kalen just shrugged a bit as Jess's said that she wasn't overly fond of the stars. He didn't expect everyone to like the subject, especially for curious Ravenclaws. "Fair enough." He said with a nod. The heavens were interesting to him and he hoped he could make them interesting for other people, through his lessons, but he understood if he couldn't. Not every subject was for everyone he knew that well enough. He himself was awful at History of Magic, so there you were.

However as she spoke again, his green eyes went wide and he actually came up off the edge of the balcony a bit. "Undead subjects?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow and looked at her hard. That wasn't something that was usually taught here at Hogwarts. "Wait, collection of undead subjects? "

He held up his hand.

"Let me stop you right there Miss Cambridge, are you meaning to tell me that you have a collection of dead subjects that you want to reanimate? " The Librarian was blinking at her.

"Please tell me you have a Professor's permission to do such things? Or are under a Professors guidance with something like this? " He asked her, his green eyes very serious.
There it was; the look of shock and horror she expected. The fact it was accompanied by several other questions, a request that she stop and a demand to know whether she had permission were equally unsurprising. It was the typical response when a Professor found out about the sorts of things she got up to when she wasn't burdened with lessons or homework.

Jessa waited for him to get it all out, not moving an inch and not flinching by a degree. Typically, she would fidget with hopes to change the subject but this time, she had a royal trump card.

A wide, enthusiastic grin spread across the young girl's face. "I sure do, Mr. Kennedy!" She chirped, feeling absolutely and ridiculously relieved. "Professor Hirsch has been helping me with it--he actually suggested a particular branch of the experiment that we'll be looking into. Right now I've got all sorts. Dead cats, rats, birds--thought about keeping the lizard but tossed it in the end."

The more she spoke was the more excited she got. "I suspect it'll be epic when we finally, fully get it rolling. It's only in the initial stages now. They're all nicely preserved and waiting."

SHE. COULDN'T. WAIT! "We're gonna compare them to animated dolls as part of the study too."

Old 09-11-2017, 04:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
Luci went on the search for a new relax spot, since most were being taken by new or younger students. Not that it bothered her, but she wanted some nice breeze to let her think through her this start of term and the list of things to do before next week. So, she landed at the balcony.

Is peace defined as this?

The sun, the wind, the view. Just...there, at view, making her want to go, but not really because of her foot stuck in a tight sock. Just before she sat down, she saw Vi. Beaming, she waved at her and stood up in a flash of a moment, "OLIVIA!" And there she went, waddling towards her.
OLIVIA!

Someone was calling her. LUCI? she thought and then turned her gaze in the direction of the voice. A huge smile lit up her face. "LUCI!" she cried and stood up to hug her good friend. Merlin, sure they nearly saw each other almost every day at Hogwarts in classes and all but it was really nice to see her just out and about the castle. It had been a while since they last spoke of things....

"How are you?" she asked, hugging her friend tightly. "Isn't this place beautiful?" Absolutely date worthy material location right here.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
It was easy to lose track of time out here with the fresh air, Skylar decided. Which was a dangerous problem when one had as much studies and homework as she had, given her class load. Another dangerous distraction? Kissing.

But fortunately for her, kissing wasn't happening at the moment since Brent was MIA with his NEWT studies about time! and there was another distraction of a voice greeting her to break her thoughts and allow her to not lose herself in the scenery for TOO long. Professor Newton .... or well, as she learned initially from the Headmistress, Mrs Marchand apparently. Something that even though she should have expected, the fifth year found herself annoyed about, even though it'd been a month. "Oh hello, I'm doing okay..." She bit her lip. "Actually, no, i'm not. I'm kind of hurt, to be honest, you got married and didn't tell me. Or rather that Mister Marchand didn't." Because to be frank, while she liked her well enough, she liked him more. Yes maybe it wouldn't have been fair to include her without other students, but since when was life fair?
Oh.

To say that Rosalyn was surprised by Skylar's revelation was an understatement; in all honesty she had never expected any students to have been hurt by this. That had been far from her and Gaston's intention. Especially since it seemed that the girl was particularly fond of him. "I'm sorry to have hurt you. We never meant to do that. Me and the other Professor Marchand thought that you would have known." If there had been a way for them to have invited all the students they would have, but that would have been a lot more people than she had wanted; a small wedding had been her wish after the huge one that she was supposed to have had with her first fiancé.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:

Oh.

To say that Rosalyn was surprised by Skylar's revelation was an understatement; in all honesty she had never expected any students to have been hurt by this. That had been far from her and Gaston's intention. Especially since it seemed that the girl was particularly fond of him. "I'm sorry to have hurt you. We never meant to do that. Me and the other Professor Marchand thought that you would have known." If there had been a way for them to have invited all the students they would have, but that would have been a lot more people than she had wanted; a small wedding had been her wish after the huge one that she was supposed to have had with her first fiancé.
What Skylar failed to understand was that when people got married, they had weddings of various sizes for various reasons. That compromises had to be made. Perhaps one day, many MANY moons into the future, because Merlin knew she was NOT thinking about that anytime soon, she would understand the planning that went into a wedding. Even if a tiny bit of her was excited about that prospect, because planning.

"I ... forgot, I guess?" she bit her lip at the apology, and nodded. Gosh, fifteen was a hard year; why did she always seem to be sentimental ALL THE TIME. Hormones, that's probably why. But what the hormones also gave her was great ideas, or so she thought, at least.

"Professor? Do you think... would you want to maybe have a party for the students to officially celebrate? We can do it in the room of requirement? Maybe get the house elves involved in the food prep? Have some music and dancing?" A second reception, of sorts. "Maybe even on Halloween. We can make it a costume party?"

Old 09-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy

Quote:
There it was; the look of shock and horror she expected. The fact it was accompanied by several other questions, a request that she stop and a demand to know whether she had permission were equally unsurprising. It was the typical response when a Professor found out about the sorts of things she got up to when she wasn't burdened with lessons or homework.

Jessa waited for him to get it all out, not moving an inch and not flinching by a degree. Typically, she would fidget with hopes to change the subject but this time, she had a royal trump card.

A wide, enthusiastic grin spread across the young girl's face. "I sure do, Mr. Kennedy!" She chirped, feeling absolutely and ridiculously relieved. "Professor Hirsch has been helping me with it--he actually suggested a particular branch of the experiment that we'll be looking into. Right now I've got all sorts. Dead cats, rats, birds--thought about keeping the lizard but tossed it in the end."

The more she spoke was the more excited she got. "I suspect it'll be epic when we finally, fully get it rolling. It's only in the initial stages now. They're all nicely preserved and waiting."

SHE. COULDN'T. WAIT! "We're gonna compare them to animated dolls as part of the study too."
O_o

Kalen wondered if this was what it felt like to have a mental breakdown. The more Jessa Cambridge spoke, the more his mind seemed to shut down, and for a few moments all he could do was just stand there and stare at the fourth year Ravenclaw.

His relaxed position on the balcony bannister was gone, he was now standing up straight, arms folded and looked down at the girl with a rather serious expression. Was she even thinking about what she sounded like right now? Even if Professor Hirsch was helping her..

Merlin.. his head hurt right now.

"Well I hope you don't mind, but I will be checking with Professor Hirsch just to make sure." He said as he rubbed his forehead, he was far too old to deal with burgeoning dark wizards. Why couldn't everyone just focus on school work? Maybe he needed to give them more homework?

Perhaps two scrolls of parchment on solar eclipses instead of one? That should keep them busy, yeah?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #19 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
What Skylar failed to understand was that when people got married, they had weddings of various sizes for various reasons. That compromises had to be made. Perhaps one day, many MANY moons into the future, because Merlin knew she was NOT thinking about that anytime soon, she would understand the planning that went into a wedding. Even if a tiny bit of her was excited about that prospect, because planning.

"I ... forgot, I guess?" she bit her lip at the apology, and nodded. Gosh, fifteen was a hard year; why did she always seem to be sentimental ALL THE TIME. Hormones, that's probably why. But what the hormones also gave her was great ideas, or so she thought, at least.

"Professor? Do you think... would you want to maybe have a party for the students to officially celebrate? We can do it in the room of requirement? Maybe get the house elves involved in the food prep? Have some music and dancing?" A second reception, of sorts. "Maybe even on Halloween. We can make it a costume party?"
Forgetting was something all to natural, and Rosalyn did know that Skylar would be writing her OWLs this term; that in itself was a good enough reason to let things slip her mind. On top of that there were probably other factors that she was not aware of. "I understand that." Hopefully she wouldn't continue to be hurt now because that was something that she never liked seeing, especially not when she had some part to play in it.

A party?

That thought had never entered Rosalyn's head, but she could definitely see how it could be a lot of fun. "That sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I can't really host it and I doubt that the other Professor Marchand could either. What with teaching three classes among other things." The upcoming play was a BIG contributing factor. She bit her lip. "Of course if you and anyone else wanted to hold one that would be amazing, but with busy schedules it's okay if it's a problem to do that." Really she didn't want to do ANYTHING that would interfere with their learning and getting things done. The idea was great only if it didn't cause any stress or problems.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:05 AM   #20 (permalink)

MO
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emilia Kim
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Helena Leventis
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

x1
●kpop lingua amateur● Spanglish,YO●

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
OLIVIA!

Someone was calling her. LUCI? she thought and then turned her gaze in the direction of the voice. A huge smile lit up her face. "LUCI!" she cried and stood up to hug her good friend. Merlin, sure they nearly saw each other almost every day at Hogwarts in classes and all but it was really nice to see her just out and about the castle. It had been a while since they last spoke of things....

"How are you?" she asked, hugging her friend tightly. "Isn't this place beautiful?" Absolutely date worthy material location right here.
Luce hugged her as tight, feeling relieved of seeing someone familiar around, rather than just in classes. "I'm alright." (Dropping ankle thing now) "Just hopping around, doing everything I can
..like always." Sigh, she really had to stop doing that. "How about you?" She was interested in her friend's life too.

"Breathtaking. Perfection" The definition of great inspiration for her.

so close you can almost taste it
Old 09-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
Luce hugged her as tight, feeling relieved of seeing someone familiar around, rather than just in classes. "I'm alright." (Dropping ankle thing now) "Just hopping around, doing everything I can
..like always." Sigh, she really had to stop doing that. "How about you?" She was interested in her friend's life too.

"Breathtaking. Perfection" The definition of great inspiration for her.
Ah, it was so good to see Luci again. Olivia beamed, thinking that the Ravenclaw always gave the best of hugs. But then she frowned ever so slightly when she heard Lu say that she was hopping around. Hopping around? Vi raised both eyebrows. Had Lu hurt herself? "Hopping around? Did you hurt yourself?" she asked, concerned.

Vi glanced back to the view, nodding at Luci's statement. It was perfection. The perfect place for a date. "I'm good. Busy with homework and extracurriculars but its really much the same for me. Nothing out of the ordinary," she laughed, relishing in the fact that she hadn't been apart of any type of drama or witness to drama.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:

Forgetting was something all to natural, and Rosalyn did know that Skylar would be writing her OWLs this term; that in itself was a good enough reason to let things slip her mind. On top of that there were probably other factors that she was not aware of. "I understand that." Hopefully she wouldn't continue to be hurt now because that was something that she never liked seeing, especially not when she had some part to play in it.

A party?

That thought had never entered Rosalyn's head, but she could definitely see how it could be a lot of fun. "That sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately I can't really host it and I doubt that the other Professor Marchand could either. What with teaching three classes among other things." The upcoming play was a BIG contributing factor. She bit her lip. "Of course if you and anyone else wanted to hold one that would be amazing, but with busy schedules it's okay if it's a problem to do that." Really she didn't want to do ANYTHING that would interfere with their learning and getting things done. The idea was great only if it didn't cause any stress or problems.
Okay, so her History Professor? WAY TOO understanding on her! Of course that was probably why she was the teacher, not Skylar, because she was so patient and empathetic and ...

... She even liked her idea and at least it seemed to Skylar, that she thought the idea was great and was genuine about it? "Hmm, don't worry," She grinned. "I have an idea and I'll take care of everything. Just do me a favor? Don't tell ... the other Professor Marchand just yet? I want it to be a surprise. Consider it my gift to you two." See, look, she could be understanding too. Of course she had ZERO idea how she was going to fit planning a Halloween slash Marchand celebration party on top of her already cram packed schedule, but she was DETERMINED to do it. And when Skylar got determined to do something, well, she'd stop at nothing. Even if it meant sacrificing a little sleep.

Leaning over, she hugged the female Professor Marchand. "Thank you for letting me, and I'm sorry, I really am happy for you." If only because of the man she married, well, one thing Skylar was sure of in her sea of uncertainties these days was that Gaston was a good man.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
O_o

Kalen wondered if this was what it felt like to have a mental breakdown. The more Jessa Cambridge spoke, the more his mind seemed to shut down, and for a few moments all he could do was just stand there and stare at the fourth year Ravenclaw.

His relaxed position on the balcony bannister was gone, he was now standing up straight, arms folded and looked down at the girl with a rather serious expression. Was she even thinking about what she sounded like right now? Even if Professor Hirsch was helping her..

Merlin.. his head hurt right now.

"Well I hope you don't mind, but I will be checking with Professor Hirsch just to make sure." He said as he rubbed his forehead, he was far too old to deal with burgeoning dark wizards. Why couldn't everyone just focus on school work? Maybe he needed to give them more homework?

Perhaps two scrolls of parchment on solar eclipses instead of one? That should keep them busy, yeah?
"I don't mind at all, Mr. Kennedy. He and I have spoken at great lengths about this experiment, in fact, he suggested half of it--the half I'm especially looking forward to seeing." His serious expression and his obvious unease did nothing to rattle the young Ravenclaw. For once, this was a sanctioned study. It wasn't like with Professor Wayland, who'd walked in on her and her experiment in the boy bathroom last term. This one was LEGIT.

It was amazing what such a fact could do for one's confidence.

"Right, so I'm looking for a book that might be able to help me with this. I don't mind them looking like the undead they are but I'd also like the option of patching them up good as new."

He'd been in the library for a bit. Surely he'd know where she could find such a book. Left up to her, she'd be searching for months--as was already the case. As it stood, Jessa was eager to get the experiment moving forward. She didn't wanna waste any more time wandering around the library without any real direction.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:53 PM   #24 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy

Quote:
"I don't mind at all, Mr. Kennedy. He and I have spoken at great lengths about this experiment, in fact, he suggested half of it--the half I'm especially looking forward to seeing." His serious expression and his obvious unease did nothing to rattle the young Ravenclaw. For once, this was a sanctioned study. It wasn't like with Professor Wayland, who'd walked in on her and her experiment in the boy bathroom last term. This one was LEGIT.

It was amazing what such a fact could do for one's confidence.

"Right, so I'm looking for a book that might be able to help me with this. I don't mind them looking like the undead they are but I'd also like the option of patching them up good as new."

He'd been in the library for a bit. Surely he'd know where she could find such a book. Left up to her, she'd be searching for months--as was already the case. As it stood, Jessa was eager to get the experiment moving forward. She didn't wanna waste any more time wandering around the library without any real direction.
Despite the confidence on Miss Cambridges face, Kalen wasn't fully convinced about any of this. Would Professor Hirsch really help the young Ravenclaw out with Necromancy? This was serious magic, one that seemed not only to complicated for the witch, but a little too dark.

Though he supposed it was the will behind the magic that made it fully dark or light, but that was a thought for another time.

"Very well, I shall talk to him then. " He said as he leaned back on the bannister again, he wasn't fully relaxed but at least he had a bit of a grip on things now.

He folded his arms in thought, and tilted his head a bit as he thought about the books he had in the restricted section.

"So a book that will help you with Necromancy? Or a book on making the undead look less undead? " He needed specifics, because as horrifying as it was, he had a few books in there that might actually help. "Or just a general one? " He asked as he rubbed the side of his head.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #25 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
Okay, so her History Professor? WAY TOO understanding on her! Of course that was probably why she was the teacher, not Skylar, because she was so patient and empathetic and ...

... She even liked her idea and at least it seemed to Skylar, that she thought the idea was great and was genuine about it? "Hmm, don't worry," She grinned. "I have an idea and I'll take care of everything. Just do me a favor? Don't tell ... the other Professor Marchand just yet? I want it to be a surprise. Consider it my gift to you two." See, look, she could be understanding too. Of course she had ZERO idea how she was going to fit planning a Halloween slash Marchand celebration party on top of her already cram packed schedule, but she was DETERMINED to do it. And when Skylar got determined to do something, well, she'd stop at nothing. Even if it meant sacrificing a little sleep.

Leaning over, she hugged the female Professor Marchand. "Thank you for letting me, and I'm sorry, I really am happy for you." If only because of the man she married, well, one thing Skylar was sure of in her sea of uncertainties these days was that Gaston was a good man.
Skylar wasn't saying no to the prospect of doing the party and that was a good thing because she had the feeling that she was rather keen on the idea; especially for her husband's sake. "Thank you so much. That really means a lot to me and will to him as well. I certainly won't say anything about it." That was her promise and she was going to keep it. "This won't mess with your schedule, will it? And you have OWLs..." Those would certainly come first, and Skylar was a very hard worker so everything should be okay, but she really didn't want to cause any problems with this. All she needed to know was that everything would be handled okay and there would be no bad effects on her school work - or sleep.

The hug was slightly surprising, though Rosalyn didn't show that; she definitely appreciated the gesture and had no problem with hugging. "Thank you," she said as she returned the gesture. "I really appreciate that." And it made her happy to know how much she liked Gaston especially seeing as he sometimes felt that he wasn't very much liked at Hogwarts.