Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 966 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Chelliephone , Serzdjy , Alexrut , Eldarjwg , Austinwals , Helios Sunrider , maximllon

10 members
956 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > Middle Era Diagon Alley > Quality Quidditch Supplies

Quality Quidditch Supplies Nobody knows brooms or Quidditch quite like QQS. This is the premier destination for all your Quidditch and Flying needs!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2016, 08:48 PM

Default QQS Gobs of Displays

Image Credit: Charely Potter

Following the displays of brooms and the like up at the front of Quality Quidditch Supplies, towards the back you see another section of displays, not of brooms, but of the Gobstones & Quodpot sort, along with little knick-knacks and toys perfect for all ages. The side walls of the shop are neatly stacked with posters and frames, gobstones, and matching merchandise for support. Feel free to stroll along and find what you need to aid you in your game play. Lastly, the back wall displays books and other reading materials, all to do with Gobstones and Quodpot of course.

All items are displayed with a price tagged on them. Be sure to handle with care, if you break something you must pay for it. When you are done here, go on ahead to the counter to pay for your new goods. Otherwise if you need any assistance at all please feel free to ask the shopkeeper, Brad. He will be more than glad to help you.

Ooc: Please do not RP for the shopkeeper. The Diagon Alley Rules apply at all times. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the Diagon Alley Questions thread.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

There was nothing that Skylar had wanted more in terms of school supplies than her very own broom. Sure they had family brooms back at home that she goofed around with her family and friends on, but it wasn't the same and her parents well knew it having both played at Hogwarts themselves. And though there was no word on Sky having the same opportunity she wanted to be prepared. She wanted to practice on her own. She wanted to maybe get drafted professionally. She just wanted to fly. And now that she was turning twelve, her mother had FINALLY given the okay to buy her her most desired gift as a birthday present.

"Es... I don't know which one to get! It's gotta be well made and durable though!" Sky complained to her older cousin, wide eyed over the different models and makes available. She only had five galleons as her birthday allowance, but she had saved an extra galleon from last year so she should be good to get one of the slightly pricier ones if she wanted. It had to be good.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
PhoenixRising is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default for Shay! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Gobstones.

Who even played such a thing? It was absoloutely nothing compared to Quidditch. Roarke smirked as he thought of the rush he would feel when on a broomstick and the adrenaline rushing through him as he dodged opponents and bludgers. He doubted that Gobstone players ever felt that mush of a rush.

What a bore, he thought as he continued to browse without much of an interest. It only caused him to feel more distaste for the sport. Did it even deserve to be called a sport?

Not at all.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP & DMT
Antipodean Opaleye

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Grimm Stark
Transportation
Default Snidget <3
Sassenach l theJoff l RoughDough l Aslan l Snidget l My Lord Kate l Dark-Side l BEETSSS l smol George

SPOILER!!: Brah
Gobstones.

Who even played such a thing? It was absoloutely nothing compared to Quidditch. Roarke smirked as he thought of the rush he would feel when on a broomstick and the adrenaline rushing through him as he dodged opponents and bludgers. He doubted that Gobstone players ever felt that mush of a rush.

What a bore, he thought as he continued to browse without much of an interest. It only caused him to feel more distaste for the sport. Did it even deserve to be called a sport?

Not at all.

To say that Lyrik was confused as hell by this shop was an understatement.

Her mother had thought that it would be a brilliant idea to just dump her here in Daagoon Alley or whatever, not even stopping to consider that Lyrik would be not only lost as hell, but also that she could only speak a decent amount of English (which was still accommodated by her weird 'Boertjie-accent').

Huffing in dismay as she wandered around the shop, Lyrik stopped briefly at each shelf, squinting down at the goop-filled balls, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "What kind of stupid sports do these English play?" she muttered to herself in Afrikaans, picking up one of the little balls for closer inspection.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Now, Cassius came to the QQS ALLLLLL the time, being a professional and all. Most times, he didn't even buy anything. He had errands to run in the Alley? Well he ALWAYS stopped here to just look around and enjoy the atmosphere. When Quidditch was your life...well, he couldn't get enough of it, just as many of the players felt.

It was a day off of practice, though, and his right hand was really bothering him today. He figured he'd come look for anything topical potion he could rub on it or SOMETHING? Ever since he's sprained it...eh, about a year ago? it just wasn't the same.

But the gobstones section had piqued his interest. Weird. He had never noticed this part of the store before, and he didn't know if it was new or not, but he also wasn't the most observant person in the world, so...it didn't matter. Gobstones always looked like a snooze fest to the Falcons chaser. But he knew many players, and they took their sport JUST as seriously as he took his...so...here he was. Trying to see what their hype was about???

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
kayquilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

SPOILER!!: K8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Now, Cassius came to the QQS ALLLLLL the time, being a professional and all. Most times, he didn't even buy anything. He had errands to run in the Alley? Well he ALWAYS stopped here to just look around and enjoy the atmosphere. When Quidditch was your life...well, he couldn't get enough of it, just as many of the players felt.

It was a day off of practice, though, and his right hand was really bothering him today. He figured he'd come look for anything topical potion he could rub on it or SOMETHING? Ever since he's sprained it...eh, about a year ago? it just wasn't the same.

But the gobstones section had piqued his interest. Weird. He had never noticed this part of the store before, and he didn't know if it was new or not, but he also wasn't the most observant person in the world, so...it didn't matter. Gobstones always looked like a snooze fest to the Falcons chaser. But he knew many players, and they took their sport JUST as seriously as he took his...so...here he was. Trying to see what their hype was about???

Brayden having a day off meant Isobel was able to get to Diagon Alley during the day to do some shopping. She'd stopped at Gringotts of course to take out a bit of money. She didn't need a lot of things but it was nice to leisurely stroll down the alley without having to worry about chasing small children.

Quality Quidditch Supplies caught the eye of the former quidditch player, and she found herself stepping into the shop. She had definitely frequented it many times in her past. It had been her favorite stop on her pre-Hogwarts summer shopping trips. She hadn't been there much in the past because it was easiest if she didn't make extra shops with children. Now, however, she was alone and she could take as much time as she pleased to browse. Isobel wandered through the aisles, pausing longest to examine the newest broom models. Perhaps she should look into the children's training brooms. Soon.

Eventually Isobel found herself in the gobstones section. Not her sport of choice but she had played it before. And not too hard for children either. She nodded at the man as she moved past to get a better look at the shelves. If she had paid better attention she might have recognized the quidditch player, but for the moment her focus was elsewhere.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post

Brayden having a day off meant Isobel was able to get to Diagon Alley during the day to do some shopping. She'd stopped at Gringotts of course to take out a bit of money. She didn't need a lot of things but it was nice to leisurely stroll down the alley without having to worry about chasing small children.

Quality Quidditch Supplies caught the eye of the former quidditch player, and she found herself stepping into the shop. She had definitely frequented it many times in her past. It had been her favorite stop on her pre-Hogwarts summer shopping trips. She hadn't been there much in the past because it was easiest if she didn't make extra shops with children. Now, however, she was alone and she could take as much time as she pleased to browse. Isobel wandered through the aisles, pausing longest to examine the newest broom models. Perhaps she should look into the children's training brooms. Soon.

Eventually Isobel found herself in the gobstones section. Not her sport of choice but she had played it before. And not too hard for children either. She nodded at the man as she moved past to get a better look at the shelves. If she had paid better attention she might have recognized the quidditch player, but for the moment her focus was elsewhere.
Cassius was about to head back to the Quidditch sections when...he saw...HER.

IT WAS ISOBEL KING.

FORMER CHASER FOR THE HARPIES.

A breath caught in his throat, and he felt his cheeks turn a brilliantly warm red before he cleared his throat and took a deeeeeeeep breath. "Excuse me--" Cassius suddenly approached her and grinned boyishly, probably betraying his youth. "Are you--are you Isobel King?" he asked in awe. "I watched you play for years---never was a Harpie's fan, but--wow--" he widened his eyes. "I need a picture--" because he himself wasn't a Quidditch player or anything. Pfft.

THIS WAS A COOL MOMENT OKAY?

Almost as cool as when he got to play with OLIVER GREENWOOD. Ugh. "The Harpies haven't been the same without you!" he blurted out suddenly.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

Quote:

Cassius was about to head back to the Quidditch sections when...he saw...HER.

IT WAS ISOBEL KING.

FORMER CHASER FOR THE HARPIES.

A breath caught in his throat, and he felt his cheeks turn a brilliantly warm red before he cleared his throat and took a deeeeeeeep breath. "Excuse me--" Cassius suddenly approached her and grinned boyishly, probably betraying his youth. "Are you--are you Isobel King?" he asked in awe. "I watched you play for years---never was a Harpie's fan, but--wow--" he widened his eyes. "I need a picture--" because he himself wasn't a Quidditch player or anything. Pfft.

THIS WAS A COOL MOMENT OKAY?

Almost as cool as when he got to play with OLIVER GREENWOOD. Ugh. "The Harpies haven't been the same without you!" he blurted out suddenly.
Isobel was about to head out and continue with her required shopping when she heard a voice. A slight turn of her head told her it was the man she had passed in her aisle. Or...how old was he? He did look a bit familiar but she could not place him. Where could she have seen him? Maybe she'd just seen him around Diagon Alley? She felt like she should know him from somewhere but since she couldn't remember why she shrugged it off for now and just smiled at him.

Oh, he knew who he was. Isobel beamed at him. It wasn't unusual for her to run into quidditch fans - because honestly who wasn't a quidditch fan - but she still felt such great joy every time. Honestly she had never gotten used to people making a big deal out of her. She would let him off for that remark about not being a Harpies fan because of his enthusiasm about everything else.

"Yes I am," she said with a smile. "Thanks so much." A picture? She glanced down momentarily at what she was wearing. Alright, she would allow a picture if he wanted one. But she was quickly distracted by his next statement. Not the same without her? She chuckled "I'm flattered but would have to disagree. They found a great replacement and have been playing just as well without me. I do try to keep up with -" Abruptly, Isobel finally placed where she'd seen him before. "Hang on. Do you play for the Falcons?"
Old 01-02-2017, 03:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Isobel was about to head out and continue with her required shopping when she heard a voice. A slight turn of her head told her it was the man she had passed in her aisle. Or...how old was he? He did look a bit familiar but she could not place him. Where could she have seen him? Maybe she'd just seen him around Diagon Alley? She felt like she should know him from somewhere but since she couldn't remember why she shrugged it off for now and just smiled at him.

Oh, he knew who he was. Isobel beamed at him. It wasn't unusual for her to run into quidditch fans - because honestly who wasn't a quidditch fan - but she still felt such great joy every time. Honestly she had never gotten used to people making a big deal out of her. She would let him off for that remark about not being a Harpies fan because of his enthusiasm about everything else.

"Yes I am," she said with a smile. "Thanks so much." A picture? She glanced down momentarily at what she was wearing. Alright, she would allow a picture if he wanted one. But she was quickly distracted by his next statement. Not the same without her? She chuckled "I'm flattered but would have to disagree. They found a great replacement and have been playing just as well without me. I do try to keep up with -" Abruptly, Isobel finally placed where she'd seen him before. "Hang on. Do you play for the Falcons?"
Cassius was in HEAVEN. OR SOME EQUIVALENT. "I--I loved you though! I was so sad--but they reported you left the team to..you know, do the parent thing, right?" because IF THEY HAD LET ISOBEL KING GO CASSIUS WOULD GO ON A RAMPAGE. Cassius started to get out his phone, but of course it wouldn't work in Diagon. So he got out the old school camera he had to take pictures...because those you could develop to move and whatnot.

"Okay. Selfie style!" he smiled and stood next to her, holding the camera out and smiling all big at it. "CHEEEEEEEESE!"

CLICK

And a blinding flash later, picture was taken! Cassius took the little film out and started shaking it so it could dry. And if he looked awful, they'd have to take another one, yes yes.

"Yeah........but you were good...and ugh--"

WAIT.

WAAAAAAAAIT.

SHE KNEW HIM?!

"I DO pLAY FOR THE FALCONS!" he yelled. Excitedly. "Chaser! Like yoU!"

Old 01-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

Quote:

Cassius was in HEAVEN. OR SOME EQUIVALENT. "I--I loved you though! I was so sad--but they reported you left the team to..you know, do the parent thing, right?" because IF THEY HAD LET ISOBEL KING GO CASSIUS WOULD GO ON A RAMPAGE. Cassius started to get out his phone, but of course it wouldn't work in Diagon. So he got out the old school camera he had to take pictures...because those you could develop to move and whatnot.

"Okay. Selfie style!" he smiled and stood next to her, holding the camera out and smiling all big at it. "CHEEEEEEEESE!"

CLICK

And a blinding flash later, picture was taken! Cassius took the little film out and started shaking it so it could dry. And if he looked awful, they'd have to take another one, yes yes.

"Yeah........but you were good...and ugh--"

WAIT.

WAAAAAAAAIT.

SHE KNEW HIM?!

"I DO pLAY FOR THE FALCONS!" he yelled. Excitedly. "Chaser! Like yoU!"
Isobel was nodding. Yes, the parent thing. She absentmindedly brought her hand up to rest on her stomach for a moment. "I had two little ones and wanted to do the stay at home mom thing. I do miss it but I still think it was a good decision."

Oh they were taking a picture now. The selfie thing. Isobel smiled and tried not to blink when it flashed. If her eyes were closed she would insist on taking a new picture. So she was also awaiting to see how the picture would turn out.

"Chaser, right. A great position if I do say so myself." She grinned. "I knew you looked familiar. I've seen you play a few times." She didn't get to a lot of quidditch games with two small children, but she tried to make it whenever possible, especially to Harpies games. "How long have you been on the team?"
Old 01-07-2017, 04:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Isobel was nodding. Yes, the parent thing. She absentmindedly brought her hand up to rest on her stomach for a moment. "I had two little ones and wanted to do the stay at home mom thing. I do miss it but I still think it was a good decision."

Oh they were taking a picture now. The selfie thing. Isobel smiled and tried not to blink when it flashed. If her eyes were closed she would insist on taking a new picture. So she was also awaiting to see how the picture would turn out.

"Chaser, right. A great position if I do say so myself." She grinned. "I knew you looked familiar. I've seen you play a few times." She didn't get to a lot of quidditch games with two small children, but she tried to make it whenever possible, especially to Harpies games. "How long have you been on the team?"
Cassius nodded. "I'm sure once I have kids one day---very far from now, I assure you," he chuckled. Yeah no. Especially with his...very much lack of a romantic interesting. Not that he didn't have one....she just...lol, didn't know he liked her. He was working on it, okay?

The picture dried...and Cassius stared at it. And laughed. "YOUR EYES ARE CLOSED!" he said and he showed it to her. "We can take another one, yeah?" too funny. TOOOOO funny.

How long HAD he been on? "Um..." hmm. "I think three years soon?" wow. "Maybe two...Merlin," he laughed. "It feels like forever, though," he said as he ruffled his hair. "How long did you play for? Was it...hard to leave your team?" He felt like that'd be the hardest thing...to do. Ever. Leave your team.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Default Jess.
Wowza!

This had meant to be a quick visit only, or rather, a place to kill some time at while Nathaniel finished work and took Arlo for the weekend. She'd meant to go in and head straight for the back room to get some refreshments; but somewhere along the way, she'd stopped to flip idly through the latest issue of The Snitch and Arlo had run off to the Gobstones section.

Willow had only halfway considered giving the boy a moment to reconsider his actions before she went briskly after him. By the time she joined him Arlo was down on all fours, trying to find only Merlin knew what under a shelf.

She placed one hand on her hip. "Arlo, this is unseemly." But she did not sound upset. Though there was, to be clear, a note of disappointment in her voice that went unnoticed by her son. "We've talked about this before." Somehow, he'd acquired what looked like a chocolate stain on the back of his Fitchburg Finches shirt. It was a brand new one, too. Willow's lips pursed. "When we leave the house, you do not leave my side unless I tell you otherwise. Must I repeat myself every time we go out?"
Old 03-15-2017, 01:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oesed View Post
This had meant to be a quick visit only, or rather, a place to kill some time at while Nathaniel finished work and took Arlo for the weekend. She'd meant to go in and head straight for the back room to get some refreshments; but somewhere along the way, she'd stopped to flip idly through the latest issue of The Snitch and Arlo had run off to the Gobstones section.

Willow had only halfway considered giving the boy a moment to reconsider his actions before she went briskly after him. By the time she joined him Arlo was down on all fours, trying to find only Merlin knew what under a shelf.

She placed one hand on her hip. "Arlo, this is unseemly." But she did not sound upset. Though there was, to be clear, a note of disappointment in her voice that went unnoticed by her son. "We've talked about this before." Somehow, he'd acquired what looked like a chocolate stain on the back of his Fitchburg Finches shirt. It was a brand new one, too. Willow's lips pursed. "When we leave the house, you do not leave my side unless I tell you otherwise. Must I repeat myself every time we go out?"
Even though Dominic worked from home, independently, with three children, it was difficult to find time for just some leisure shopping. But at least a couple times a year, Dia liked to have a 'girls day' with just her and her daughters, while he got Ethan for the day. And what better place to take Ethan than to a place where he'd be going for supplies in just a few years. Not to mention he was in need of a belated anniversary gift for Dia and it'd been awhile since they updated their brooms, so why not?

Perusing the different broomsticks on display, Ethan remained by his side, looking at the brooms with lust. "I wantttt" Ethan said, despite knowing full well his father wouldn't allow it for a few more years. He only had a toy one, but it wasn't that exciting.

Ignoring his son, Dominic turned toward an ALL TOO FAMILIAR dark haired woman by the magazine rack. He knew that pose; he would recognize the stance from a mile away. "Willow? Willow Kovac?" The one who never responded to his letter from probably like 15 years ago? Had it really been so long and before he could help himself, "Who's kid did you kidnap?" Because CLEARLY the girl woman was incapable of having children of her own; at least in his mind.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:08 AM   #14 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

Arlo seemed to have grown deaf, which wasn't necessarily out of the norm for the boy. It was the sort of habit he'd developed from very early on, doubtlessly his way of expressing disinterest, annoyance, or both. Willow had only half-halfheartedly tried to teach him more socially acceptable ways of dealing with unpleasant situations, but she was not a hypocrite; it wasn't like she was a stranger when it came to ignoring people.

Speaking of which--

Willow did consider imitating her son--or rather, she considered showing who exactly her son had chosen to imitate--but she had to admit there was something vaguely familiar about the voice. Which was not strange because this was London and though she wasn't the public figure she'd been a decade ago, Quidditch fans did have exceedingly good memories. But she was intrigued, and so she halfway turned around, one of her eyebrows already quirking up.

Her first instinct was to inquiry and just who are you? But--years long gone slowly began to come back to her, and as Willow tilted her head to one side in curiosity, the stranger before her momentarily regressed a decade or two and she thought, Ah. Then she felt Arlo's sticky hand on her own, effectively slipping her back into place. "Oh, I picked him up somewhere down in Knockturn Alley. Or maybe he picked me up." Her smile was small, and a little private. But friendly enough. "Hard to resist, honestly, when we so curiously have the same eyes." Her gaze fell on the boy with Dominic, clearly coveting the broomsticks. "Let me guess--you found yours somewhere near Zonko's? Or perhaps Honeydukes?"
Old 03-18-2017, 02:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oesed View Post

Arlo seemed to have grown deaf, which wasn't necessarily out of the norm for the boy. It was the sort of habit he'd developed from very early on, doubtlessly his way of expressing disinterest, annoyance, or both. Willow had only half-halfheartedly tried to teach him more socially acceptable ways of dealing with unpleasant situations, but she was not a hypocrite; it wasn't like she was a stranger when it came to ignoring people.

Speaking of which--

Willow did consider imitating her son--or rather, she considered showing who exactly her son had chosen to imitate--but she had to admit there was something vaguely familiar about the voice. Which was not strange because this was London and though she wasn't the public figure she'd been a decade ago, Quidditch fans did have exceedingly good memories. But she was intrigued, and so she halfway turned around, one of her eyebrows already quirking up.

Her first instinct was to inquiry and just who are you? But--years long gone slowly began to come back to her, and as Willow tilted her head to one side in curiosity, the stranger before her momentarily regressed a decade or two and she thought, Ah. Then she felt Arlo's sticky hand on her own, effectively slipping her back into place. "Oh, I picked him up somewhere down in Knockturn Alley. Or maybe he picked me up." Her smile was small, and a little private. But friendly enough. "Hard to resist, honestly, when we so curiously have the same eyes." Her gaze fell on the boy with Dominic, clearly coveting the broomsticks. "Let me guess--you found yours somewhere near Zonko's? Or perhaps Honeydukes?"

For a moment, Dominic had wondered if perhaps the former Ravenclaw had gone mute or deaf, for it seemed to take awhile for her to respond. She was likely deadpan over seeing him too, and he could feel Ethan's hand feeling for his own, as if in inquiry as to who the brunette was. He'd spoken of her before to his fiancé, but not in years, before they had children.

The sense of humor though, as she mentioned picking him up in Knockturn Alley, he noticed the uncanny resemblance to her and the eyes -- the eyes -- the thing he had found most appealing of the woman decades ago and quite hard to resist. "Ah, I don't blame you, then for taking him in. Especially around Knockturn Alley, Merlin only knew what could have happened to him otherwise." He glanced down at his mini person when she mentioned him finding his near Zonkos or Honeydukes. "Sugarplums, actually. Near the lemondrop section, he came with two sisters. Hard to resist when he so curiously had the same affection towards sweets." Yes, he might have used her choice of verbiage back at her and that was his way of saying he was not merely the father to one child. The child with him, also having the same thick head of brown hair.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Mj <3
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

UGH. It was SO not fair that Clay couldn't buy a broom. Or play Quidditch. His mum had an irrational fear of Clay falling off a broom and breaking his neck, so he wasn't allowed to join youth camps until he was at least a teenager.

SOOOO he just had to settle for staring LONGINGLY at all the beautiful brooms and supples in the shop. SIGH. The little red headed badger let out a loud sigh of longing as he looked at the latest Firebolt model.

It was just NOT FAIR.

Yet they were totally willing to let him go back to school that had recently been attacked by a child kidnapping monster. He wasn't complaining of course, and it was one of the few times he was SUPER glad his sister went there as well, since she was in the common room with him, and he'd just felt safer with her there.

It was hypocrisy. TOTAL HYPOCRISY!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:28 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
UGH. It was SO not fair that Clay couldn't buy a broom. Or play Quidditch. His mum had an irrational fear of Clay falling off a broom and breaking his neck, so he wasn't allowed to join youth camps until he was at least a teenager.

SOOOO he just had to settle for staring LONGINGLY at all the beautiful brooms and supples in the shop. SIGH. The little red headed badger let out a loud sigh of longing as he looked at the latest Firebolt model.

It was just NOT FAIR.

Yet they were totally willing to let him go back to school that had recently been attacked by a child kidnapping monster. He wasn't complaining of course, and it was one of the few times he was SUPER glad his sister went there as well, since she was in the common room with him, and he'd just felt safer with her there.

It was hypocrisy. TOTAL HYPOCRISY!
Andi was officially lost.

Somehow she had lost track of her magic person escort as she was meant to be buying the rest of her supplies today, but was it really her fault? This place was like a fantasy, so many new things to look at and experience, and she was rather awe-struck. Who knew this whole world existed just blocks from her London flat?

And the streets were so crowded, anyone could get separated from their group. Last she knew, the lady was telling her they'd go into... some store next. She couldn't remember the name. And when she looked up again when she had her attention diverted for the 37th time today, the lady was lost in the crowd.

Andi started to panic a little, trying to remind herself that she was out on the streets of London on her own all the time and that she would be fine. But she knew her neighborhood. She didn't know this. This was SO different.

Looking around, the eleven year old decided to go into the first shop she saw. Her escort said supplies, and the store sign said supplies. But what was quidditch? She looked around as she walked in, noting all the brooms and boxes full of marbles. How weird. But she also saw a boy about her age, and he was on his own too. Did he know his way around here well enough? She took a shuddering breath as she tried to settle her anxious insides and just stood off to the side as she watched him.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line

Last edited by emjay; 04-13-2017 at 03:51 AM.
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12
Default Lyssa and Sarah! <3
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Gobstones and Quidditch were sports that Rachel really adored. She played Gobstones whenever she could and was a apart of the Ravenclaw team at Hogwarts. She had made up her mind to get a few books to help her improve her skills for her upcoming fifth year. There had been no Gobstones last term and she hoped that it would make a return this year.

As it was, her skills were a tad rusty and she knew that reading about some tactics could help. However, there was nothing better than actually playing. The brown haired girl paused before the books, matching brown eyes moving along to take a look at the titles.

"Which one should I try first?" she murmured to herself.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Andi was officially lost.

Somehow she had lost track of her magic person escort as she was meant to be buying the rest of her supplies today, but was it really her fault? This place was like a fantasy, so many new things to look at and experience, and she was rather awe-struck. Who knew this whole world existed just blocks from her London flat?

And the streets were so crowded, anyone could get separated from their group. Last she knew, the lady was telling her they'd go into... some store next. She couldn't remember the name. And when she looked up again when she had her attention diverted for the 37th time today, the lady was lost in the crowd.

Andi started to panic a little, trying to remind herself that she was out on the streets of London on her own all the time and that she would be fine. But she knew her neighborhood. She didn't know this. This was SO different.

Looking around, the eleven year old decided to go into the first shop she saw. Her escort said supplies, and the store sign said supplies. But what was quidditch? She looked around as she walked in, noting all the brooms and boxes full of marbles. How weird. But she also saw a boy about her age, and he was on his own too. Did he know his way around here well enough? She took a shuddering breath as she tried to settle her anxious insides and just stood off to the side as she watched him.
Clay was starting to get dangerously close to the glass now, so much so that he was causing it to FOG up with his breath. Ok, he had to snap out of it. Staring at this broom wasn't going to change the fact that he could NOT have it. Ugh. He'd just continue to dream - and continue to bother his parents, asking if he could have it for Christmas again. They'd once again tell him how silly it was to play Quidditch and how he wasn't old enough to play such a dangerous game, and he'd get all upset and throw a fit just like last year and get grounded...

Thoughts spiraling, Clay suddenly realized that he felt eyes on him. Oh no, had Scarlett seen him?! EMBARRASSING. And she'd probably tell their dad that he was pining after the Firebolt again. She was SO ANNOYING like that. Preparing to fight his sister, he turned a bit defensively only to notice that...it was a different girl. One he was definitely NOT related to. Hmm.

She was watching him. Weird. He knew he probably looked a little goofy but...it still wasn't polite to stare! Clay blinked and then blushed.

"Um...hi?"

What else did you SAY to someone you just caught staring at you??

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 04-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

Clay was starting to get dangerously close to the glass now, so much so that he was causing it to FOG up with his breath. Ok, he had to snap out of it. Staring at this broom wasn't going to change the fact that he could NOT have it. Ugh. He'd just continue to dream - and continue to bother his parents, asking if he could have it for Christmas again. They'd once again tell him how silly it was to play Quidditch and how he wasn't old enough to play such a dangerous game, and he'd get all upset and throw a fit just like last year and get grounded...

Thoughts spiraling, Clay suddenly realized that he felt eyes on him. Oh no, had Scarlett seen him?! EMBARRASSING. And she'd probably tell their dad that he was pining after the Firebolt again. She was SO ANNOYING like that. Preparing to fight his sister, he turned a bit defensively only to notice that...it was a different girl. One he was definitely NOT related to. Hmm.

She was watching him. Weird. He knew he probably looked a little goofy but...it still wasn't polite to stare! Clay blinked and then blushed.

"Um...hi?"

What else did you SAY to someone you just caught staring at you??
Andi continued watching the boy for at least several reasons. The first and probably most important reason was that she was curious. Was he a magic person like she presumably was too? She would expect so, since he was here and this place was for so-called magic people - witches and wizards. And really, that made her all the more curious about him, like would he suddenly do something that made him an obvious wizard? She tried to watch him inconspicuously to find out more.

Also, you know what else was weird? That the boy was obviously VERY interested in a BROOM. Like... what was that great about cleaning supplies? Who stared at them so longingly? This place was full of them though, so apparently someone liked them. But she was pretty sure she was in the wrong store.

And even though Andi tried not to be too obvious with her staring, she apparently didn't do a very good job because the boy caught her looking! She gaped at him a moment, not sure what to say. Maybe.. hi, back? But she was at a loss for words for a moment before blurting out the first thing that came to mind. "I'm lost!"

_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 04-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1

Quote:
Andi continued watching the boy for at least several reasons. The first and probably most important reason was that she was curious. Was he a magic person like she presumably was too? She would expect so, since he was here and this place was for so-called magic people - witches and wizards. And really, that made her all the more curious about him, like would he suddenly do something that made him an obvious wizard? She tried to watch him inconspicuously to find out more.

Also, you know what else was weird? That the boy was obviously VERY interested in a BROOM. Like... what was that great about cleaning supplies? Who stared at them so longingly? This place was full of them though, so apparently someone liked them. But she was pretty sure she was in the wrong store.

And even though Andi tried not to be too obvious with her staring, she apparently didn't do a very good job because the boy caught her looking! She gaped at him a moment, not sure what to say. Maybe.. hi, back? But she was at a loss for words for a moment before blurting out the first thing that came to mind. "I'm lost!"
Clay wasn't expecting that. He'd been expecting her to say something like...why are you staring at a Firebolt you big weirdo? but NOT to say that was she was lost. Hmm. Probably some poor first year. Clay was NO LONGER a little first year, which meant he was practically an adult, and therefore SUPER helpful for young, lost souls like this one. He immediately jumped in to action, pushing a piece of red hair out of his face.

"Oh, well - you're in the Quidditch shop. Quality Quidditch Supplies, to be exact," he told her with a smile. He wondered if she needed help finding something...he could totally escort her somewhere, and it would take his mind off of not being able to get his dream broom...

Old 04-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

Clay wasn't expecting that. He'd been expecting her to say something like...why are you staring at a Firebolt you big weirdo? but NOT to say that was she was lost. Hmm. Probably some poor first year. Clay was NO LONGER a little first year, which meant he was practically an adult, and therefore SUPER helpful for young, lost souls like this one. He immediately jumped in to action, pushing a piece of red hair out of his face.

"Oh, well - you're in the Quidditch shop. Quality Quidditch Supplies, to be exact," he told her with a smile. He wondered if she needed help finding something...he could totally escort her somewhere, and it would take his mind off of not being able to get his dream broom...
Oh, real smooth, Andi. Good way to acclimate and be independent. But the truth was, she was lost and probably needed someone's help, even if she did tell herself she'd be able to find her way eventually. And honestly, she was kind of panicking internally about being lost in this strange place. Maybe it was a good thing that she just blurted that out.

And now that she had, the eleven year old was going to try to play it as cool as she could and find out as much as she could from this wizard boy.

"Quidditch?" Andi squinted at the boy. She sort of knew that when she looked at the sign right before she walked in, if she had remembered that weird word. But it didn't really mean a whole to her. So, not exactly helpful, kid. "What's a Quidditch?"

And yeah.. she knew she was failing at this whole playing it cool thing right now, admitting that she didn't know what this Quidditch thing was when clearly she should, going by the way the boy said it. But she needed to know things too, so she could play along like she belonged here.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1

Quote:
Oh, real smooth, Andi. Good way to acclimate and be independent. But the truth was, she was lost and probably needed someone's help, even if she did tell herself she'd be able to find her way eventually. And honestly, she was kind of panicking internally about being lost in this strange place. Maybe it was a good thing that she just blurted that out.

And now that she had, the eleven year old was going to try to play it as cool as she could and find out as much as she could from this wizard boy.

"Quidditch?" Andi squinted at the boy. She sort of knew that when she looked at the sign right before she walked in, if she had remembered that weird word. But it didn't really mean a whole to her. So, not exactly helpful, kid. "What's a Quidditch?"

And yeah.. she knew she was failing at this whole playing it cool thing right now, admitting that she didn't know what this Quidditch thing was when clearly she should, going by the way the boy said it. But she needed to know things too, so she could play along like she belonged here.
Clay blinked. Oh wow. This girl had to be a muggleborn. But she was obviously magical, since she was, you know...HERE. At least, he thought she had to be magic to be in Diagon Alley - or could you come here if you weren't? How did kids who WERE muggleborn get their supplies with their parents their first year? He hoped she wasn't a Squib, that would be terrible...

Right. Focus on what is in front of you, Reynolds.

"Quidditch is a game. You fly on brooms and try to throw a ball through a large hoop. Kind of like football!" he said. It was actually more like basketball, but eh. He was probably confusing her enough as it was.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Sea Serpent

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emeric Grant
Mysteries
Mommy of 3 <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Gobstones and Quidditch were sports that Rachel really adored. She played Gobstones whenever she could and was a apart of the Ravenclaw team at Hogwarts. She had made up her mind to get a few books to help her improve her skills for her upcoming fifth year. There had been no Gobstones last term and she hoped that it would make a return this year.

As it was, her skills were a tad rusty and she knew that reading about some tactics could help. However, there was nothing better than actually playing. The brown haired girl paused before the books, matching brown eyes moving along to take a look at the titles.

"Which one should I try first?" she murmured to herself.
Sarah was bored, and tired of trying to find her dad, after she got her wand she didn't know what else to do, she had looked in all the obvious places for him and he hadn't turned up. So she thought she would just look at brooms. She had always loved Quidditch, even had dreams of trying out for the team before..... nope nope nope nope nope nope nope!!!

She was NOT going there. Her mind always took a dark turn and she was trying, she didn't even have a choice, her dad was forcing her to go back to school. Hence the new wand ... but whatever, sometimes her heart still seemed like maybe one day it could be whole again.

Anyway, 'moving on' she told her self. She was marching down an aisle and noticed another girl. OH jeez... conversation ... Sarah tried to put her best smile on ... she could act normal right ... "Excuse me" She said walking past her wondering if this would go anywhere else.
Buggy-Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:00 AM   #25 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

Clay blinked. Oh wow. This girl had to be a muggleborn. But she was obviously magical, since she was, you know...HERE. At least, he thought she had to be magic to be in Diagon Alley - or could you come here if you weren't? How did kids who WERE muggleborn get their supplies with their parents their first year? He hoped she wasn't a Squib, that would be terrible...

Right. Focus on what is in front of you, Reynolds.

"Quidditch is a game. You fly on brooms and try to throw a ball through a large hoop. Kind of like football!" he said. It was actually more like basketball, but eh. He was probably confusing her enough as it was.

Andi took a deep breath and did her best to mask the panic and naive curiosity that were both battling inside of her to come out. She didn't want to admit that she was intimidated or that she didn't know what she was doing here, though she had quite obviously failed that last bit. But she really didn't know how to appear confident and knowledgeable, and still ask questions to find things out.

A game that you fly on brooms? Was he trying to trick her? Andi squinted at him, trying to figure out if he was for real. He could probably tell that she was new here and thought it was really funny to play a mean trick on her. "That doesn't even make sense. People can't fly on brooms." Everyone knew that. She crossed her arms in front of her to take on a more confident appearing posture. "And that doesn't sound anything like football."