sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1141 users online including...
Kevinmit , KeithZinue , ramsspeelay , Anthonydyday

5 members
1136 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2016, 10:25 PM

Default The Kitchen & Office Area

Image Credit: Ameh

With the arrival of a Chef as the proprietor of Floreans, the area of the shop that is off-limits to the general public has been vastly expanded and changed. The office still inhabits the upstairs loft, though shopkeeper Isley Tydings will rarely be found up there. The patented Florean's Forever Frozen Freezers line the wall beneath the loft, packed with ice cream kept at the right balance of temperature to prevent freezer burn and/or melting. The center area of the kitchen is now taken up by a very large, stainless steel table, under which can be found any baking or mixing or slicing implement one might need. It is here that the shopkeeper and assistant spend their time when not at the storefront, and the tabletop can often be found covered in flour or littered with items that are ready to be baked. Pressed up against another wall is a large, wide convection oven, often found with tasty pie and cake inside of it just baking away.

This area is, as mentioned, off-limits to the general public. Anyone found in the kitchen who has not been invited by the shopkeeper will find themselves unceremoniously ejected from the shop and banned; the area, of course, comes equipped with several security charms that will alert the staff to any unauthorised persons.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMGS & DERP
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Joyce
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Autumn Carey
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Caroline Norton
Environmental Protection
Bewitching Bowtruckle | a roamin’ numeral | Newt's salamander eyes ❤ | Ko Ko Bop

Cleaning, done. Restocking, done. The toppings machine had a small issue that afternoon and he had made sure to repair it.

That meant they could close up for the day!

Everett made his way to the kitchen with a small smile. He loved summertime, because they had more customers and most of those customers were children. He might appear cold, but he actually loved kids. They were cute and innocent and sweet, quite unlike some of the rude adults he saw around.

The man began packing up his things, ready to go home... unless Isley had more work for him?
Old 04-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Isley pushed open the door to the back room as Everett was packing up his things. It had been a very busy but productive day. She was really glad to have him around to help out, especially when the toppings machine glitched out on them.

She smiled, and plopped down in the chair at her desk. She was exhausted but happy. Summer was always the busiest time of year in Diagon Alley, and this year was no Exception.

"Thank you for saving the day Everett! I don't know what I would have done if that toppings machine had broken on your day off." She said with a chuckle. She was really glad to have an assistant that was so handy. He really helped her out so much!

"Any plans for tonight with Raea?" She always liked hearing him talk about his girlfriend. It made her wish she had someone in her life that cared for her like that.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMGS & DERP
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Joyce
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Autumn Carey
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Caroline Norton
Environmental Protection
Bewitching Bowtruckle | a roamin’ numeral | Newt's salamander eyes ❤ | Ko Ko Bop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
Isley pushed open the door to the back room as Everett was packing up his things. It had been a very busy but productive day. She was really glad to have him around to help out, especially when the toppings machine glitched out on them.

She smiled, and plopped down in the chair at her desk. She was exhausted but happy. Summer was always the busiest time of year in Diagon Alley, and this year was no Exception.

"Thank you for saving the day Everett! I don't know what I would have done if that toppings machine had broken on your day off." She said with a chuckle. She was really glad to have an assistant that was so handy. He really helped her out so much!

"Any plans for tonight with Raea?" She always liked hearing him talk about his girlfriend. It made her wish she had someone in her life that cared for her like that.
Everett looked up as his boss entered the room and sat down at her desk. He gave her a small smile as she thanked him. "No problem, Isley." He said. "Toppings really are important, yeah?" That was one thing he learned during his year at Florean Fortescue's. The right toppings on an ice cream could make it ten times better, but the wrong ones could ruin it completely.

"No, but we are planning to go to the beach this weekend. What about you? Are you doing anything tonight?" He really did love Raea and cared for her dearly. Of course, he cared for Isley too and hoped she found true love soon.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Granger View Post
Everett looked up as his boss entered the room and sat down at her desk. He gave her a small smile as she thanked him. "No problem, Isley." He said. "Toppings really are important, yeah?" That was one thing he learned during his year at Florean Fortescue's. The right toppings on an ice cream could make it ten times better, but the wrong ones could ruin it completely.

"No, but we are planning to go to the beach this weekend. What about you? Are you doing anything tonight?" He really did love Raea and cared for her dearly. Of course, he cared for Isley too and hoped she found true love soon.
Isley leaned back in her chair, resting her feet on the desk, crossing them at her ankles. She gave him an answering smile. "Toppings are very important! Especially when a machine starts spraying them everywhere." She said with a giggle. It really was a funny site to see those kids running around like maniacs trying to catch all the toppings. Oh, what a day! There was always something new an exciting to look for. Not one day was ever the same when the Hogwarts students were around.

Isley smiled and listened. A beach weekend sounded fantastic right about now. Maybe once summer was over She would close the shop up for a week and go on a little vacation. "That sounds lovely. I think after summer is over and all the kids are back in school we should close up for a week and have a good break." She tensed a little at that question. She rarely had plans, mostly because of how busy the shop kept her, and also because...well, she didn't really have anyone. She really needed to get some friends. "Nah, I think I am just going to go home and relax, have a bubble bath, and watch some muggle tv." She said with a chuckle. Being muggle born had it's perks sometimes.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMGS & DERP
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Joyce
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Autumn Carey
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Caroline Norton
Environmental Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post
Isley leaned back in her chair, resting her feet on the desk, crossing them at her ankles. She gave him an answering smile. "Toppings are very important! Especially when a machine starts spraying them everywhere." She said with a giggle. It really was a funny site to see those kids running around like maniacs trying to catch all the toppings. Oh, what a day! There was always something new an exciting to look for. Not one day was ever the same when the Hogwarts students were around.

Isley smiled and listened. A beach weekend sounded fantastic right about now. Maybe once summer was over She would close the shop up for a week and go on a little vacation. "That sounds lovely. I think after summer is over and all the kids are back in school we should close up for a week and have a good break." She tensed a little at that question. She rarely had plans, mostly because of how busy the shop kept her, and also because...well, she didn't really have anyone. She really needed to get some friends. "Nah, I think I am just going to go home and relax, have a bubble bath, and watch some muggle tv." She said with a chuckle. Being muggle born had it's perks sometimes.
Everett put his bag down on a spare chair and laughed at what Isley said. "On the one hand I was concerned and on the other it was amusing to watch." He added. If he were a Hogwarts student, he would have escaped from his comfort zone for once and joined in the crazy toppings hunt. After all, machines in Florean Fortescue's seldom went wrong and sprayed toppings everywhere.

He listened and nodded. "A break! That would be nice. You have been working really hard these few months." She deserved a good holiday! He would be sad to see the small kids go off to school, but was also looking forward to relaxing a little. There was nothing wrong with relaxing at home and watching Muggle television shows either - it was one of his favorite pastimes, especially if he wanted some alone time. "That sounds quite relaxing." He told her with a smile.

Picking up his bag again, Everett began making his way towards the door. "Well, I'll be off then. Have a good evening, Isley!" He said.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Granger View Post
Everett put his bag down on a spare chair and laughed at what Isley said. "On the one hand I was concerned and on the other it was amusing to watch." He added. If he were a Hogwarts student, he would have escaped from his comfort zone for once and joined in the crazy toppings hunt. After all, machines in Florean Fortescue's seldom went wrong and sprayed toppings everywhere.

He listened and nodded. "A break! That would be nice. You have been working really hard these few months." She deserved a good holiday! He would be sad to see the small kids go off to school, but was also looking forward to relaxing a little. There was nothing wrong with relaxing at home and watching Muggle television shows either - it was one of his favorite pastimes, especially if he wanted some alone time. "That sounds quite relaxing." He told her with a smile.

Picking up his bag again, Everett began making his way towards the door. "Well, I'll be off then. Have a good evening, Isley!" He said.
Isley chuckled. It was definitely a sight to see all those kids scrambling to get the toppings before they hit the floor. "Agreed! At least we had a little entertainment today!" She said with a grin. Hopefully the machine was fixed for a good while. They didn't want to have to call an actual repair person. Everett was very skilled in fixing things, so she was sure that wouldn't be necessary.

"As have you, my friend. I really appreciate all the work you do around here. You are a great help!" She was sure she could manage to give him a little bonus for the week they would be closed. He deserved it just for today alone! "It always is!" she said with a smile. Though her plans didn't involve anyone else, she never minded being alone, especially since she was around people all day.

"You too Everett! Tell Raea Hello for me!" She said with a wave and a smile. Isley then removed her feet from her desk, and looked over the days receipts. With a flick of her wrist they appeared in the log book. Magic was so handy sometimes.

She then stood up, stretching, and rubbed her sore neck. Yep, a bubble bath is just what she needed. Isley grabbed her purse, and headed for the door.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Almost immediately after seeing the notice, Esme had made her way over to Florean's. It was a great thing that she didn't have very far to go, because she was actually worried that someone else had beat her to it! Probably she was being silly, but the fact of the matter was that she REALLY wanted an internship here. Not only did she love ice cream, but she would get MONEY. Real and actual money that she would be making to help support her and Olly on top of what he was already making. That, and she could learn a bit about owning a business and providing a service. Because really ice cream and horse therapy WERE both services even if they weren't exactly the same.

Heading where the notice told her to go, she looked around curiously before knocking on the kitchen door. It was after hours, and hopefully the shopkeeper was still there.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Isley had just finished writing out all the end of the day paperwork when a knock came at the kitchen door. Was someone answering her Intern Ad already? That was quick! She had just put out all the signs that morning. She looked up and saw the top of a blonde head just barely showing through the window of the door. She smiled, and called out, "Door's open! Come on back."

Isley quickly closed the folder of paperwork, and stood up, straightening her Florean's t-shirt and her white and blue polka-dotted apron. Why was she still wearing that? Oh, well. At least she didn't have ice cream or cake batter splattered all over her.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Hearing a voice from inside the room, Esme gave an internal sigh of relief. So the shopkeeper wasn't on her way out. She had been a bit worried about that!

Opening the door, she looked around, but her eyes settled on the woman who had asked her to come in. Of course Esme had seen her many times before since she was the one who sold her ice cream unless her assistant was the one on duty. But of course she probably wouldn't be recognised because there were so many customers.

She made her way over. "Hello. I'm Esme and I saw that you were looking for an intern here." Duh, Esme. Duh.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Isley smiled at the familiar young girl. She knew this girl had been in the shop a few times. She was very pretty and if Isley was correct...freshly graduated. Just the type she was looking for. "Hello, Esme! What a lovely name!" She said with a smile, "I am Isley Tydings, and I am the Shopkeeper here at Florean's. It's nice to meet you!" She put out her hand for the girl to shake.

With a flick of her want, a chair unfolded next to her desk. "Would you like to have a seat and so we can have a little chat? Get to know each other better." See if she was the right fit. She didn't want to say that out loud. Didn't want to make the girl nervous.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Oh, wow. This lady was nice. That was something that Esme was happy to discover. She liked mostly everyone, but it was just easier when people were pleasant. It would especially work out better for her if she DID happen to get this internship. Fingers crossed!

"Thanks! I like your name too and I am also happy to meet you." Being formal wasn't the easiest thing in the world for her, but hopefully she was doing okay with it. Really everything that she said WAS true and that helped. Esme did not like being dishonest, and hated lying and there was no way that she would lie to Isley. For one thing she was kind, for another thing it was wrong in general. Added to that, it wouldn't be a good thing to start off an internship based on. "Sounds good to me," she said pleasantly before taking a seat.

This was when Isley would see if she was right for the internship or not. Esme was expecting this, so she wasn't particularly nervous; it wasn't easy to make her anxious.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Isley smiled. She definitely had a unique name as well. "You are so welcome and thank you very much!" As they young woman made to sit, Isley did as well. She pulled her office chair around so she would be directly in front of the girl. This would be interesting. She hadn't had to do this since she hired Everett.

Alright, where to get started. "Okay...are you a student at Hogwarts or have you already graduated? And if so what are your plans for education?" She just wanted to get an idea of how much time Esme would have to spend here. She had many questions for the young woman, but this was one of the more important ones.

Was Esme as nervous as Isley was?

Old 08-22-2017, 04:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Isley made Esme grin. The shopkeeper was just that nice. That, and it was naturally easy to make her smile; it was easy for someone who was naturally happy. And thank Merlin her nerves were not off the charts right now because the interview was officially starting. The first questions were already being asked, and they were ones that were expected. There was more to follow, and she would be ready for them when they happened. This girl was all confidence.

"I just graduated from Hogwarts at the end of the term. I am planning to attend the London campus of Wizarding University and study to become a magical horse therapist. I want to own my own business." If Isley needed more explanation of that, Esme was more than willing to comply.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

"Oh, that sounds very interesting! I actually went to a Muggle Culinary school, I am muggle-born, so it was easy to play the part." Isley said with a wink. "Plus, there isn't a Culinary school in the Wizarding world and I had always known it was what I wanted to do. But you better believe I use magic! But I can cook the muggle way as well." She said with a grin. Oh, goodness she was getting off track.

Next question, "Outside of the getting to eat delectable food aspect of working here, what attracted you to become an intern here at Florean's?" This was a hard question, but she really was curious. Ice cream and pies and cakes were extremely fun to make, at least for her. For some people she worried it would be to boring or a major time suck for them.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

"It really is! Like horse therapy but with unicorns and winged horses." This was obviously for wizarding people only, and she'd set things up in a wizarding community when the time came. No way that she'd ever have her business in London! But enough of that, because Isley was talking a bit about herself. "I love food, so cooking is one of my interests." Even though she wasn't a master chef or anything, she fancied herself to be quite good at it. Well, Olly certainly wasn't complaining about her food. "Nothing wrong with doing things the muggle way," she added with a laugh. Before coming of age, all of her cooking at home had been done without magic. Obviously.

The next question was harder, but still wasn't difficult for Esme. Not really, since she knew full well EXACTLY why she wanted to intern here; not like she'd have gone in for an interview unprepared. "Beyond the fact that I love ice cream, I thought it would be an educational experience to work for someone who owns their own business like I want to do. Plus I like to work, to do something to keep me busy. I also am not living at home anymore, so I need to make money." There was no way that she'd not contribute to that now. She wasn't going to wait until after graduation and having her business set up.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

"That is a very neat idea! I really like it and it would be very beneficial to many people!" This girl was very impressive already. Isley probably wouldn't have to ask to many more questions to know that Esme was a great fit. Isley listened and smiled; she loved when people enjoyed cooking. It was her life, after all. "Good, good. As it should be! Sometimes the muggle way is the best way!" She said with a wink. Of course, her food turned out wonderful either way, but when she did it the muggle way, for some reason it tastes so much better.

Isley listened to the girls answer. She was just a very driven and determined young woman, and she liked that in a person. it reminded her of herself at that age. Isley had always known what she wanted out of life and she made it happen. Esme seemed to be the same way. Her mind was suddenly made up. "You know what Esme, I don't need to ask you anymore questions." She paused, and smiled. "Welcome to Florean's." She stuck her hand out for the young woman to shake and for her to accept the job offer.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Nod. Esme could thank Ollie for that amazing idea, because he had been the one to give it to her way back when she was in Fourth Year. Now she was finally taking the first steps to get there. "I like helping people in any way I can. I also do a lot of volunteering, though not at the moment." Especially not if she got the internship because then she'd have no time to spend with her boyfriend, friends, or family; there was no way that she would EVER want that. "I agree. I'm a half blood and so I know quite a but about muggles. I definitely prefer cooking their way." It just seemed more authentic to her.

Oh wow, she had gotten the position. Esme was very happy and pleased that she was seen as a great fit. "Thank you so much! I assure you that I will do the best job that I possibly can!" SHE WAS SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Isley listened to the young woman talking about wanting to help people. It was wonderful to see in this time that there were young people out there wanting to help others. "That is wonderful Esme! It's nice to see that kind of drive in a young person." Oh she was half blood! That was wonderful! She was glad to hear that her parents made sure she knew her heritage. "That's great! I do as well. Maybe I can teach you a few tricks." She said with a grin and a wink.

Isley was so happy! Esme was truly a perfect fit. She was sure Everett would like her as well! "You are so welcome! I am sure you will do wonderful! Can you start tomorrow or do you need a day or two?" She was flexible! "What size shirt do you wear so I can get you a Florean's t-shirt." She said with a smile.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Drive definitely WAS a good thing to see in a person, and Esme was proud of herself for everything that she strove to do AND accomplished. Of course she also tried her best not to get burnt out, and so far had avoided it. Hopefully that wasn't going to change any time soon... or at all. That would be great as well. "I would definitely be up for that. I think my boyfriend would be up for me learning as well." She laughed thinking about all the new techniques that she could try in the kitchen. Maybe she could even pass some of them along to Olly.

She was officially interning at an ice cream place and now would have some income coming in! Esme could not be any happier. "I am sure of that as well. I can definitely start tomorrow." In her mind the sooner the better. "I am a small. Short and everything." Another laugh. She was tiny!
Old 09-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Isley chuckled. Of course the young woman had a boyfriend! Did everyone have a significant other besides herself? She was pretty sure they did. Though unbeknownst to her she would be running into an old friend soon. "I am sure he would love it. I can teach you all sorts of things." She said with a wink and a grin.

"Tomorrow it is then!" Isley said with a huge grin. She turned to her desk, and grabbed a packet of papers. "I will need you to fill these personnel files out and bring it back tomorrow, please." She said with a smile, she quickly stood, "Now lets get you a couple shirts and I will give you a quick tour." This was going to be great! Isley just knew that Esme would be a wonderful asset.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:08 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

"Wow, thanks! I really appreciate that." And Esme was sure that Olly would as well when she got to try out everything she learned in the kitchen. Anyway, they were discussing things about the internship now. "That's perfect. I can definitely have these filled out for then." Nodding, she took the packet of papers from Isley and put them in her purse; there was NO way that she would let anything happen to them because that would make her look irresponsible - something that was FAR from the truth.

Standing up when Isley did, Esme smoothed out her dress. "Sounds good to me." This time tomorrow she would be working at this place!! It was so amazing. Beaming, she let Isley take her on a tour.