sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4253 users online including...
Stevendalo , Ronaldsnut , Alexrut , Austinwals , KeithSef

6 members
4247 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Morgan P. Nickles Era

Morgan P. Nickles Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Morgan P. Nickles [IC January 2094 - December 2096; OOC October 2017 - October 2018]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2015, 03:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default Level 6 Break Room
A Poop * k8 *

[break room]

When you aren't busy filing away records or helping invent new features for brooms, come on into the break room where you will find the coffee machines and some great food. This is a perfect place to take your lunch or get a quick snack in between long assignments. The room has a few tables and chairs, a sink, microwave, and refrigerator so you can keep your food stored and ready to eat. There are also some snacks provided on the countertops: Muffin baskets, candy bars, doughnuts, fruit, and cookies are a common stock in this room.

Feel free to come on in and socialize!

Last edited by kayquilz; 06-07-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Lupin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mercy Peckham
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Tempest Chandler
Law Enforcement

SPOILER!!: SKATELYN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Lynley was sticking with the two hours story.

"Of course I'll show you. I'm very smart, you know--" she smirked. This man was...two years older than her, no? She almost felt like...she had to BRAG about brilliant she was. Though, she almost always felt like bragging, because she was just...that brilliant, yes? "If I ever get done with my paperwork, I certainly will."

She began to stride for the door of the work area to the corridor so that she could show him the break room.

Starbucks.

She crinkled her nose. "I don't do chain coffee shops." She was just too good for that. "Not to mention the fact of the extreme amount of expenses that must have cost you..." she shrugged. His preference, though.

Lynley actually snorted. "Ah...yes...well I floo in. So. There's that. We actually have to change the toilets soon....they need to be...rebooted and whatnot, updated. Those are...pretty old." And GUESS which lovely department was in CHARGE OF THAT, EH?

"Of course, i don't imagine you get to being a department head by being not smart." She didn't need to impress anything, her job should already be doing that, right? "Good, you better be." He certainly wanted to see that.

"I was never a fan of it, my ex-girlfriend got me hooked on it. Normally i'm fine with chains or little places." He shrugged cause coffee was coffee. Right.. Cofee time, he needed that junk. "Flooing, i'll have to try that." He joked.

"Sooooo we get to put new toilets for people to step in." There was a little laugh after his statement. "Sounds like a fun project."

Like an AMERICAN.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroyers View Post

"Of course, i don't imagine you get to being a department head by being not smart." She didn't need to impress anything, her job should already be doing that, right? "Good, you better be." He certainly wanted to see that.

"I was never a fan of it, my ex-girlfriend got me hooked on it. Normally i'm fine with chains or little places." He shrugged cause coffee was coffee. Right.. Cofee time, he needed that junk. "Flooing, i'll have to try that." He joked.

"Sooooo we get to put new toilets for people to step in." There was a little laugh after his statement. "Sounds like a fun project."

So was Mr. Cooper a flatterer? Hmm.

The break room was empty. It was also cold, and Lynley wished she had a sweater, but she wouldn't SHOW how cold she was. Hmph. She began to fill the coffee pot with water and the grounds, pressing the button that would magically make coffee for them. SO much easier than old coffee makers, Merlin.

She leaned against the counter and crossed her arms over her chest. "I just don't like chain cafes. I'll do anything else..." she shrugged and glanced at the coffee pot to check progress.

TOILETS! Lynley nodded. "I am...waiting for the shipment, currently." She said. "Should be...any day now, and the lovely people from Level Three will be helping us! It will be great. Those toilets are...very outdated and...well, some of them don't even WORK."

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 10-24-2015, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Lupin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mercy Peckham
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Tempest Chandler
Law Enforcement

SPOILER!!: SKATELYN
Quote:

So was Mr. Cooper a flatterer? Hmm.

The break room was empty. It was also cold, and Lynley wished she had a sweater, but she wouldn't SHOW how cold she was. Hmph. She began to fill the coffee pot with water and the grounds, pressing the button that would magically make coffee for them. SO much easier than old coffee makers, Merlin.

She leaned against the counter and crossed her arms over her chest. "I just don't like chain cafes. I'll do anything else..." she shrugged and glanced at the coffee pot to check progress.

TOILETS! Lynley nodded. "I am...waiting for the shipment, currently." She said. "Should be...any day now, and the lovely people from Level Three will be helping us! It will be great. Those toilets are...very outdated and...well, some of them don't even WORK."

Grant raised an eyebrow. "Why don't you like the chains?" He knew some people didn't like them but was there ever really a reason why? He supposed maybe just to support the locals instead? But whatever. These people weren't locals to him yet.

Ohhhh the fun they would have with the toilets..... lots and lots of fun. "Which one is level three?" Hehe first day and all. You know.

Like an AMERICAN.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:

Grant raised an eyebrow. "Why don't you like the chains?" He knew some people didn't like them but was there ever really a reason why? He supposed maybe just to support the locals instead? But whatever. These people weren't locals to him yet.

Ohhhh the fun they would have with the toilets..... lots and lots of fun. "Which one is level three?" Hehe first day and all. You know.
Lynley waited for the coffee to brew. The wonderful smell of it had begun to waft around them, though, and she closed her eyes for just a second to take it in. Ahhh.

But anyways.

"I find the chains are not as...careful when they make coffee. Or anything. it's all very...it all tastes very fake and...not rich...not carefully put together with craftsmanship or...whatever." She waved her hand a bit and scoffed.

And then she scoffed again.

"Really, Mr. Cooper, you should study the place you work BEFORE the first day. Merlin. I do not employ bozos, and I would not like to SEEM like I do, either." She fussed just a bit at him as she heard the DING of the coffee maker and pulled out the pot. "Do you take cream and sugar?" she asked, her voice back to its polite, conversational tone. "I should just send you on a mission to FIND level 3. Hmph."

Old 10-29-2015, 11:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Felix Lupin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mercy Peckham
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Tempest Chandler
Law Enforcement

Quote:

Lynley waited for the coffee to brew. The wonderful smell of it had begun to waft around them, though, and she closed her eyes for just a second to take it in. Ahhh.

But anyways.

"I find the chains are not as...careful when they make coffee. Or anything. it's all very...it all tastes very fake and...not rich...not carefully put together with craftsmanship or...whatever." She waved her hand a bit and scoffed.

And then she scoffed again.

"Really, Mr. Cooper, you should study the place you work BEFORE the first day. Merlin. I do not employ bozos, and I would not like to SEEM like I do, either." She fussed just a bit at him as she heard the DING of the coffee maker and pulled out the pot. "Do you take cream and sugar?" she asked, her voice back to its polite, conversational tone. "I should just send you on a mission to FIND level 3. Hmph."
Grant loved the smell, it was warm and rich and he could feel his head pounding due to the lack of caffeine in his system. "Guess i get that.. But i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't like the small places, they don't always have better coffee.. or make it." He shrugged, the chains really took over where he used to live.

a Bozo? What year was it? Was he ever called a Bozo before? Had anyone since the 1950's? "So i'm expected to know the floorplan just so i can do my job?" What part of being the Portkey Master General involved knowing every floor. "Oh, Yeah? You gonna have my Rubix cube solved when i get back?" He liked her until Lynley mentioned him being a bozo.

But whatever, he grabbed a mug. "Cream, please." He was also back to his politeness. Hmm.

Like an AMERICAN.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Grant loved the smell, it was warm and rich and he could feel his head pounding due to the lack of caffeine in his system. "Guess i get that.. But i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't like the small places, they don't always have better coffee.. or make it." He shrugged, the chains really took over where he used to live.

a Bozo? What year was it? Was he ever called a Bozo before? Had anyone since the 1950's? "So i'm expected to know the floorplan just so i can do my job?" What part of being the Portkey Master General involved knowing every floor. "Oh, Yeah? You gonna have my Rubix cube solved when i get back?" He liked her until Lynley mentioned him being a bozo.

But whatever, he grabbed a mug. "Cream, please." He was also back to his politeness. Hmm.
Maybe she had been a bit too harsh, but no matter. Lynley didn't linger on past moments for very long. It was over and done. "Well...I think it's important to know where the other levels are because we often work with other levels. We work with Games a good deal...because brooms." Obviously. "And Accidents, too...unfortunately we have to work with MLE sometimes, and..." she just sighed.

"You don't think they make better coffee?" she asked curiously as she poured the coffee into her mug and then into another mug for Grant. She added exactly four packets of sugar to her coffee and a tiiiiiiiny bit of cream. "How much do you want?" she asked. Apparently, she was doing it all for him. Being polite and whatnot.

"Coffee debates...so serious....coffee is such serious business...people worked up over their coffee...or TEA...MERLIN...the tea. I am only a tea drinker at home when I want to curl up and read a good book...otherwise...no tea for me."

Old 03-15-2016, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Yawning slightly, Gabby entered the break room. Despite being a morning person she was still feeling a little tired. The night before she hadn't gotten a great sleep but that didn't keep her from looking fabulous. Obviously. Impeccable style and beauty didn't take a day off no matter what. She was had been blessed with the ability to look great no matter what... even after a limited amount of sleep.

Heading over to a coffee machine she set about getting herself something hot to drink that would give her the extra energy that she needed. While she was at it she should probably get something to eat as a snack. But what...?
Old 03-16-2016, 05:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Yawning slightly, Gabby entered the break room. Despite being a morning person she was still feeling a little tired. The night before she hadn't gotten a great sleep but that didn't keep her from looking fabulous. Obviously. Impeccable style and beauty didn't take a day off no matter what. She was had been blessed with the ability to look great no matter what... even after a limited amount of sleep.

Heading over to a coffee machine she set about getting herself something hot to drink that would give her the extra energy that she needed. While she was at it she should probably get something to eat as a snack. But what...?
What a day, what a day.

Lynley had had SUCH a busy day, it was a wonder she wasn't half asleep right now as she came to grab some sugar for her office's coffee machine.

But look! It was...none other than...Gabby!

"If it isn't miss SOMEONE OWES ME DETAILS Abbiati...." Lynley smirked, leaning on the counter in break room leisurely. She was too tired to care about looking professional right now. Her hair was even a bit messier than usual (but still quite neat, mind you).

She had an empty mug in her hand, but if she was going to chat with Gabby...might as well make her coffee in here. So she started that process...and while the hot liquid drip DRIPPPPED into her cup, she continued to smirk in her friend and employee's direction. "How have you been, then? Hmm?"

Old 03-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:

What a day, what a day.

Lynley had had SUCH a busy day, it was a wonder she wasn't half asleep right now as she came to grab some sugar for her office's coffee machine.

But look! It was...none other than...Gabby!

"If it isn't miss SOMEONE OWES ME DETAILS Abbiati...." Lynley smirked, leaning on the counter in break room leisurely. She was too tired to care about looking professional right now. Her hair was even a bit messier than usual (but still quite neat, mind you).

She had an empty mug in her hand, but if she was going to chat with Gabby...might as well make her coffee in here. So she started that process...and while the hot liquid drip DRIPPPPED into her cup, she continued to smirk in her friend and employee's direction. "How have you been, then? Hmm?"
Well, hello boss lady.

Amused, Gabby raised her brow as Lynley started on her about giving details. "Details about what?" she asked innocently despite the fact that she had a feeling she knew what this was about. Just because she was far from innocent didn't mean that she couldn't have fun - in fact it made her want to toy with her friend even more. Hehe. Smiling, she continued to make her coffee as if she didn't have a care in the world.

Which she didn't because life was wonderful right now.

"I've been great though I didn't get much sleep last night. What about you?" Someone sure wasn't looking at their best right now and Gabby wondered if Lynley had also gotten a bad sleep last night. The coffee would do them both good. And of course she knew that the question had been a way to further dig for information. She just wasn't going to bite...yet.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Well, hello boss lady.

Amused, Gabby raised her brow as Lynley started on her about giving details. "Details about what?" she asked innocently despite the fact that she had a feeling she knew what this was about. Just because she was far from innocent didn't mean that she couldn't have fun - in fact it made her want to toy with her friend even more. Hehe. Smiling, she continued to make her coffee as if she didn't have a care in the world.

Which she didn't because life was wonderful right now.

"I've been great though I didn't get much sleep last night. What about you?" Someone sure wasn't looking at their best right now and Gabby wondered if Lynley had also gotten a bad sleep last night. The coffee would do them both good. And of course she knew that the question had been a way to further dig for information. She just wasn't going to bite...yet.
KJFHGEUIFG! Lynley sputtered at Gabby. "DETAILS ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE, FOR MERLIN'S SAKE!" she said loudly, and then with wide eyes she glanced at the door. THANKFULLY no one was standing there--she flicked her wand, and the door shut with a snap!

"SO spill, Gabby," she hissed impatiently. "I thought you were MARRIED--and not to someone who WORKED HERE." Lynley was normally not so...blunt about personal life things, but this was different. This was GABBY. They were actual FRIENDS in real life.

Her coffee finished brewing, and she quickly added the correct amount of sugar and creamer she liked. And then...quirked an eyebrow upward at Gabby's words. A smirk played across her features. "OH HO HO! You didn't sleep much...PFFFT. WELL THEN." Pffft! If they weren't, you know, at work, they could speak more...candidly.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:

KJFHGEUIFG! Lynley sputtered at Gabby. "DETAILS ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE, FOR MERLIN'S SAKE!" she said loudly, and then with wide eyes she glanced at the door. THANKFULLY no one was standing there--she flicked her wand, and the door shut with a snap!

"SO spill, Gabby," she hissed impatiently. "I thought you were MARRIED--and not to someone who WORKED HERE." Lynley was normally not so...blunt about personal life things, but this was different. This was GABBY. They were actual FRIENDS in real life.

Her coffee finished brewing, and she quickly added the correct amount of sugar and creamer she liked. And then...quirked an eyebrow upward at Gabby's words. A smirk played across her features. "OH HO HO! You didn't sleep much...PFFFT. WELL THEN." Pffft! If they weren't, you know, at work, they could speak more...candidly.
O_O

Someone sure wanted those details. "You really ARE a total Slytherin," Gabby said with an amused chuckle as Lynley shut the door. They both were determined women who worked hard for what they wanted - part of why they had become friends. "What kind of details do you want?" She hadn't really talked about Archer to anyone besides her sister. It was important that they spent time together and that didn't require blabbing about it to everyone and everyone.

"He isn't my husband," she agreed. They were only dating and obviously they hadn't taken the plunge. Lynley didn't know about what had happened with Marco yet and had clearly worked out some things on her own. It was rather impressive though Gabby supposed that she would have mentioned if her husband worked at the Ministry. Maybe it wasn't so clever after all but she would still give Lynley credit for it.

Adding cream and sugar to her coffee, she shook her head in amusement. She knew exactly what her boss was talking about. "WELL THEN YOURSELF because you also look tired." Just saying.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
O_O

Someone sure wanted those details. "You really ARE a total Slytherin," Gabby said with an amused chuckle as Lynley shut the door. They both were determined women who worked hard for what they wanted - part of why they had become friends. "What kind of details do you want?" She hadn't really talked about Archer to anyone besides her sister. It was important that they spent time together and that didn't require blabbing about it to everyone and everyone.

"He isn't my husband," she agreed. They were only dating and obviously they hadn't taken the plunge. Lynley didn't know about what had happened with Marco yet and had clearly worked out some things on her own. It was rather impressive though Gabby supposed that she would have mentioned if her husband worked at the Ministry. Maybe it wasn't so clever after all but she would still give Lynley credit for it.

Adding cream and sugar to her coffee, she shook her head in amusement. She knew exactly what her boss was talking about. "WELL THEN YOURSELF because you also look tired." Just saying.
Well of course Lynley was a total Slytherin! DUH, she wanted to tell Gabby, but she didn't. "Tell me about this guy...who is not your husband..." she raised an eyebrow. No judgments here, Gabby, just curiosity is all. "Where did you two meet? How long have you...been dating him, assuming you ARE dating--and if you aren't dating, what's the bloody holdup?" They weren't getting any younger, you know.

Heh. Lynley just rolled her eyes. "I was up late because I was watching my niece for my brother. I watch her a lot...she's...eight now? Nine?" She shrugged. "And I didn't feel right falling asleep while she was in my care. So. 2AM is when my brother and his wife decided to come back." Lynley hated her sister-in-law. She was pretty sure she had told Gabby this at some point over the years...but she really didn't like the woman at all. "My brother's having another kid," she said with a sigh, sipping her coffee. "Told me like..a few weeks ago."

And Lynley...was single, older than her brother, with no intentions of ever having children.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

It seemed that Lynley wanted to know more or less about everything and Gabby supposed that she was totally okay with it. They were friends so she felt more comfortable about it than she would have with anyone else. It wasn't as if she was ASHAMED to talk about it... more that she didn't feel that it was something she wanted to share all of the details. She had no problem telling her boss about it because of their relationship. "Well, we met at the bar in the Leaky Cauldron and hit it off right away. We ARE dating and have been for quite a few months now." They spent a lot of time travelling and she couldn't remember ever being this happy.

Oh. Well, that wasn't so much fun. Gabby made a face at the thought of little kids. The only ones she would try to like were Archer's family and she hadn't met them yet. In general she just wasn't crazy about children because they seemed loud and dirty. "You are such a good aunt." She shook her head at the thought of staying up until 2AM looking after someone; it would have made her LIVID. Plus she knew that Lynley hated her sister-in-law. "Oh, that's nice I suppose."

Lynley knew that she wasn't keen about kids, right? Gabby was sure that she had told her that at some point...
Old 03-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Lynley sipped her coffee. Of course she got a quick version of the story--they were work, so, Lynley didn't blame her. "I see. Well. As long as you're happy now...granted, I didn't think you were unhappy before..." heh. "He seemed nice enough that night at orientation. And attractive." Very attractive. Gabby obviously had good taste.

"Well...I love my nieces." Soon to be three nieces, hopefully, assuming her brother didn't have a boy. "I suppose it is, but...my mum..." she sighed. "Doesn't quite understand that I don't want children. Even though I am..nearing thirty-five." Like, mother, come on.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Of course Lynley was happy for her. Not only was she a good friend, but she knew that Gabby deserved it. Maybe one day her boss would find someone like Archer but for the moment she was perfectly fine living the single life. It wasn't her place to get involved in said matters though she would make it her concern if the day ever came - and ask for details. "I'm definitely happier now. I left my husband." So yeah. Only one week of cheating. Even though she wasn't a saint she wasn't THAT bad. She wanted Archer. "He's wonderful. We travel a lot. AND he's eight years older than me." Made him even MORE attractive and he was already yummy.

"I don't have any nieces, but I think I'd be a good aunt." For no other reason than she was good at everything and it it was hard for her to picture anyone disliking her. Gabby wouldn't have even cared if they did dislike her; said people weren't worth her time. "Pfft, I think it's perfectly normal not to want kids. I have no plans." She was with Lynley on this one.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Of course Lynley was happy for her. Not only was she a good friend, but she knew that Gabby deserved it. Maybe one day her boss would find someone like Archer but for the moment she was perfectly fine living the single life. It wasn't her place to get involved in said matters though she would make it her concern if the day ever came - and ask for details. "I'm definitely happier now. I left my husband." So yeah. Only one week of cheating. Even though she wasn't a saint she wasn't THAT bad. She wanted Archer. "He's wonderful. We travel a lot. AND he's eight years older than me." Made him even MORE attractive and he was already yummy.

"I don't have any nieces, but I think I'd be a good aunt." For no other reason than she was good at everything and it it was hard for her to picture anyone disliking her. Gabby wouldn't have even cared if they did dislike her; said people weren't worth her time. "Pfft, I think it's perfectly normal not to want kids. I have no plans." She was with Lynley on this one.
So, she DID leave her husband. Ah ha. Lynley merely nodded at Gabby's words. "It must have taken a considerable amount of strength to leave a marriage for someone new...so I admire that." Slytherins. They always found a way to achieve their ends.

But oh...wow. EIGHT YEARS? Lynley raised an eyebrow. "That's a...that's quite an age gap. They do say age is just a number but..." she shrugged. "I personally could never date someone that much older OR younger than me." She didn't really like dating to begin with, though. Time consuming with very little reward, according to Lynley.

Lynley WAS glad to hear Gabby didn't think she was heartless for not wanting kids. "My mother wants me to have some...at this point she doesn't even care if I'm married or not..." she just wanted those grandbabies. "I will admit...I've looked into adopting before. It's very hard for a single mother to adopt, though, without being enormously wealthy." Lynley could afford it, but agencies were picky with who they let adopt alone. She could understand why...it would be terrible to let a child into an awful environment, one where a parent could not take care of the child. "But it's not the right time, really." And it might not ever BE the right time.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Default Just BARGING in!
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Archer had only just seen Gabby that morning, but already he was itching to see her again. And he wanted to try and get a little squeal out of her. He walked from his office, up to the sixth floor where she worked. She wasn't anywhere obvious, so he decided to check the break room. He quietly opened the door and walked up to Gabby, wrapping his arms around her. "Hi gorgeous," he said to her, getting a pleasant whiff of her hair. "Hi Lynley, how are you?" he asked the other woman, who he remembered from orientation.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 04-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Strength was something that Gabby felt she had in spades, but the decision to leave her husband hadn't exactly required it. There was no inner conflict in her head about whether or not she wanted to leave him, it was more a matter of wanting to talk about the matter with her friend before getting the paperwork. It had been dropped in front of Marco out of nowhere but no one could say that she wasn't spontaneous. "You know how it is to be a Slytherin." They were confident and did whatever they needed to in order to get what they wanted.

... "Are you for real? Older guys are sexier." Seriously. It was times like this where it became clear why Lynley was single. She didn't even know that men with lots of experience was a good thing though Archer would have been perfect even if he was younger than her. THE POINT STILL STOOD and Gabby was not going to get mushy with her boss because they were at work. She saved her mushiness for Archer.

Adoption? Really? Gabby's eyes widened slightly but before she could voice her opinion on the matter, someone was putting their arms around her. Letting out a squeal, she was about to tell them to learn the meaning of personal space when she realized that it was Archer. He was more than welcome to come in her personal space whenever he wanted to, she thought as she leaned into him slightly. The temptation to kiss him was real but she was going to resist because her boss was in the room.

"Hey there. It's been a while." Not really. She'd seen him that morning though she'd been eager to see him again.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Lynley did know well to be a Slytherin, yes, Gabby. She nodded and sipped her coffee in silence for a minute. And were they really going to argue about mens' ages? Pffft. "Whatever you say, Gabby. I'm not having this extremely immature argument." Wasn't Gabby younger than her by a good bit? She couldn't remember..."How old are you again?"

Merlin.

The eye roll could not get any bigger when the man of the damn HOUR waltzed in here like he owned her level--which, hello, he did not--LYNLEY'S LEVEL OVER HERE.

"Right. Hello....Archer."
She remembered his name. "What level are you from, again?" she asked curiously, raising an eyebrow suspiciously at him.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Archer was pleased he had made Gabby squeal. He let out a little laugh. "I know, I wanted to come and see if you wanted to have lunch together?" he asked. Holding the smoochies for non-work hours. Or, at least, non-boss-witnessed.

Archer tried not to grin at Gabby's boss. Was the inter-department mingling not supported? "Uhh... level four. Do you want to join us for lunch?" HE at least knew it was rude to talk about social plans in front of someone else.

Had he walked into some secret Gabby/Lynley meeting? He cleared his throat lightly. "I'm not interrupting anything, am I? I can... come back..." If they needed more time.

always on the move
Old 04-05-2016, 04:16 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Gabby couldn't help but chuckle. She knew better than to take what Lynley said to heart. She was just being herself and that was something that other people could mistake for rudeness. It was just how she was. "I turned 30 in February." So she was a few years older and closer to Archer's age than she was.

The attitude was a little confusing, but she wasn't taking that to heart either. Again it was just Lynley being Lynley. At least Archer was taking it in stride and being his usual carefree and polite self. Gabby loved that about him. "I would love to go to lunch with you. And Lynley if she wants to come." Sure she would prefer going ALONE with him, but it wasn't as if she wouldn't get him to herself later on... Besides this way the two could get to know each other a little better.

She wanted to say that he wasn't interrupting them and that she didn't want him to leave, but Gabby didn't know how that would go over with her boss. Instead she looked over to Lynley. It was important to remember that they were at work though she didn't think that there was anything wrong with it. Honestly she didn't care one way or the other because she wanted to see Archer.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Pfft no. Lynley would rather eat a fork than attend lunch with the two lovebirds. All that PDA...mushy talk..yeah no. Not happening.

"Nah...by all means, Gabby, enjoy your lunch. I'll be fine...you know...in my office...doing paperwork for that Youth Quidditch Cup even we have coming up..." all the portkeys? Yeah. ALL THE DAMN PORTKEYS in the world for that. She was lucky it wasn't THE WORLD CUP or it'd be WORSE. At least it kept her department busy.

She turned her steely brown eyes onto Archer. "Four? Are you Creatures or Enviro?" Because it made a difference, in her eyes." "Oh..You're older than I thought, Gabby..she smirked.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:58 AM   #24 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9

Archer just wanted to snuggle his head into the crook of Gabby's neck, with a hug, but he would contain himself. For now. And he thought she might be up for an impromptu lunch date, with or without her boss. "Good," he said, with lovey eyes at her. He nodded as Lynley declined. "We can bring something back?" he asked. Coffee or... chocolate? "Oh, the Youth Quidditch Cup, my niece works for Accidents and Catastrophes. I think she got tickets to see that..." unless there had been some other Quidditch game happening. He didn't really follow the sport, but he liked to watch a game or two every now and then.

"Environment," he said. All of the plants, and his lab. "I'm head of the botany team." It was an exciting time for them, all of their projects and work with the plants.

always on the move
Old 04-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

If Lynley didn't want to join them Gabby was completely fine with that. This way she didn't have to keep in check because they would be alone. Smirking, she gave a wink to Archer. He knew what that meant. Yep, this was muuuuuuuch better. Hehe. "Yep, just let us know. And is there anything else you need me to do on top of what I've been doing?" Because she would be willing to do it so long as it involved an area that she would work with. Portkeys weren't exactly her specialty since she worked with the floo network.

"I'm not sure if I'm going to watch the game or not," she said as she continued to lean into Archer. "I don't really follow the sport though I don't think I'd be opposed to going if it was fun." As long as it wasn't too noisy and full of boorish people she would be okay. "Archer is very good with plants." Among other things.

Gabby shook her head in amusement. "I'm still younger than you." Smirk.