Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 726 users online including...
hermionesclone , Ronaldsnut , Michailzeo , Michailgiu , KylieOvage , Stevendalo , Michailasq

9 members
717 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Marauder's Map

Marauder's Map Mischief managed! Here you can step back and participate in a number of OOC discussions and games regarding the SSRPGs.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2014, 08:41 AM

Default Warm Fuzzies Thread

So lately there's been a few warm fuzzies floating around on twitter and I figured why not make a thread here where we can say nice things about how other people write their characters? Its nice to be able to focus on the things we admire, while also hopefully providing a bit of inspiration for others here and there. So if you have any shout outs for how a charrie is RPd, or their back story, or the way they talk, or anything at all about them that you think is just fabulous, why not say so here so that people can see what they're doing right, and we can make everyone feel happy and smiley?

Rules:
-Warm fuzzies should be about OTHER people's characters... not your own.
-Try to give some warm fuzzies to a variety of characters. If you see someone already mentioned that you want to give warm fuzzies to, come back and post again after its been a few posts.
-You can include non-school charries if you like, and graduated charries, as long as they're part of the SS timeline.
-absolutely no negativity. We're not here to say what people are doing WRONG, we're here to give props to the things we appreciate.
- Have fun!

-----

I will start:

I absolutely love feeheeheeny's Sophie Brown. She has changed SO much in the short time she's been at Hogwarts and I really appreciate seeing character growth and development. She's not perfect and that is what makes her so great.

I adore Emzily's Theodore Kinsley. He is SO brilliantly flawed and I can never get enough of stalking him. He's interesting and funny and so real and he's developed a lot over the past seven terms.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Special Services to the School

DoM
Ramora

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Mitterbill
Mysteries
x9 x3
C.R.E.A.M | Haitian Sensation | Shark Patronus | Your Huckleberry | T's ClayBaby

Right.

So.

Pardon me as I prepare to spam this thread and double post from hell. *thinks way too much about other people's charries some might say is obsessed*

*just edits instead*

Sophie Newell (Anna Banana) feels authentically written as a little girl. As does Angel Valentine (Harry174), but for different reasons. I love the way the Angel's writer gives her these strokes of femininity without making her adult. She's got a very gentle nature and yet she is fierce in her flirting. Somehow the writer nailed it without ever having been a little girl himself. Props for that cray amount of empathy. Sophie Newell too, is authentic to her age. If you get the chance to stalk this character, lookout for her bigger than life dreams and ambitions to conquer a nundu...on her own! She also likes to tease her brother, has a sense of humour that feels like it comes from a 13 year old girl and can be a totally arrogant snot when she wants to. She might be my fave of Anna Banana's characters for the way she is written.

Last edited by SlytherinSistah; 07-25-2014 at 09:06 AM.
SlytherinSistah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Special Services to the School

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6
¼ of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pls

Beverly Wayne (Deezerz). I'm in love with that character! She's shy, but she tries to overcome that. I love reading her thought process and little gestures.

And if I mention thought process, Zander Adair (ArianaBlack) must also be mentioned. He has been made fun of because he isn't a true Gryffindor, he's hopelessly in love with Bentley and he is Kevin Hirase's best friend. Everything you want in a well-developed character.

And lastly in only this post, Adi Rehman (FearlessLeader19). One of the cutest, sweetest Hufflepuffs I've ever seen He's always positive and fills my heart with hope.
-----
Thanks for this thread, Tegz!
StarShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DIMC
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Montgomery S. Wilder
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Odette Boone-Wilder
Bre Bear | Asherine | Whisper | Kemmy | Raeney | Madyra | Bumble Bee

Before I say anything about any of the users I'll be mention today I would like to say that this is a really amazing idea. That being said I'll got and spam you all with the charrie's I like. Thank you for the thread Tegz.

I've pretty much fallen in love Emms character Simon Holden because he to adorable not love. The way Simon is RP'd is so perfect and true to his age. Thirteen/fourteen year old boys are suppose to have that sense of awkwardness around girls or at least thirteen year old boys had that awkwardness when I was thirteen and that was some time ago. But any who Simon is dead on for his age group.

The next character that I have chosen is Zander Adair played by ArianaBlack. Zander is in that same age group as Simon and he's just like Simon awkward and slightly afraid of girls but my character Emmylou somehow got Zander to not be afraid of her. Zander just has that adorableness about him that Simon has as well. I just loved Zander too!

A character/person that I've never gotten to RP with yet is Ethan Mordaunt played by Mordred but I have seen him around a lot and he has some friends that are similar to my character. I will admit that I may have stalked him a few times and sometimes during lessons. It hard to dislike a sweet character. I really love Ethan's friendship with Simon. Could that friendship get any more cuter?

I just feel like a broken record by saying how cute or how they fit there age group that their characters in but from experience it's sometimes hard to go around playing a eleven to fourteen year old when you haven't been that age in some time.

i got a heart like a truck, it's been drug through the mud, runs on dreams
& gasoline & that ole highway holds the key, it's got a lead foot down when it's leaving

lord knows it's taken a hell of a beating, a little bit of love is all that it's needing
MuggleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

I am going to choose Elodie, played by Shan. She is such a well written character. She has flaws but she isn't full of flaws, and she is so complex that Shan sometimes doesn't even know where her head is at xD She amuses me both on Twitter and on SS and I enjoy reading Shan's posts. I like seeing characters like that in action, the not as nice ones, but it's also nice to see the not as nicey characters BE nice and develop and whatnot. While I've been away from SS for a bit, I started stalking the school for a few months now and I just have to say I enjoy Elodie xD

And I suppose I can mention two, hmph, so I'll also mention someone else's posts I've seen that I've liked, and it would be Agatha, from Juuu! She so SO different from Ju's last character, Sophie, that I just..ugh, I love when RPers do that. Agatha is still kind of little, and it comes through in the writing, but she doesn't act OVERLY immature, which I also like.

Great writing, peoples! Keep it up! <3 and everyone has such good charries lately!

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
kayquilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

I'm going to give props to Airey Flamsteed, played by sweetpinkpixie! He gives a hundred percent to making sure the lessons and the homework are FUN. He doesn't take his job SO seriously that he allows HIMSELF to have fun at his own job. I would like to think my charrie notices this and realizes she is being taught by someone who truly loves his job or at least acts like he does. The students are being taught, but at the same time, school doesn't feel like an overly strict place that a Hogwarts-aged student would try to avoid. The lessons are unique and fun, and his homework feels like RP homework instead of real life homework. I got to write a fun story in my first assignment and draw a superhero in the second one.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Two shout-outs for now:

Hayden Malone, played by littledhampir. She's well written. She's naive as a first year, but yet not. And just plain adorable.

Also. Medea Romanos, played by Roselyn. I've always loved Medea and yes Rose has had a chance to really develop her, but she's really an awesome character to stalk in everything she does.

And we'll be back with more specific references when we see them ......

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Porlock

Ministry RPG Name:
Lara Black
Minister's Office
x1
Queen of Typos | The OTHER OTHER Roro | WICKED is Good

I like this thread, I do. ^^ and I have my fair share of favorite charries but I'm going to go with one for now.

I really love Ascanius RPed by fanficfanatict. I think he is very well-RPed. His thoughts and attitude amuse me so much. And I think he is being RP-ed in a nice way despite him not being so. Like he's just the way he is and it appears without offending or hurting other people's charries. I am a big fan of him. And he's gorgeous. hehe

And though I may not look like much -----------------------------I'm yours
the fastest seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

I have so many people that I adore to read up on.

It's awesome to see what everyone gets up to but if I had to choose someone it would be Cutty Mordaunt played by SlytherinSistah. I love Cutty and his sick little mind too. He's just such a unique character and I love that about him. I've never encountered a character like Cutty before and I thoroughly enjoy stalking reading about his interactions. He reacts differently with every character and he's written so subtly and wittily that I just adore the character so much. I can't wait to continue watching Cutty over the next few terms- he's a blast to interact with.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

I have to say it, but Zhara (Touz's Charrie) is one that just makes me laugh way to much. She did when I still had Minerva and they had that fight in the library and she is one I am always looking to stalk.

Another one that I am just adoring and I think she does a wonderful job Rping him, is Simone (Emms) He is just so adorable I want to pinch his cheeks.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Christopher "CL" Lee
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jose Mora
Magical Creatures
x9
|G&T=<3|Snuggles her ALI!| <3's Saz |Master Lurker|

ohh This is so adorable!!!

I really love how hermionesclone plays her character Grayson, I find that the wording and everything is very age appropriate and it makes you love the character even more! totally loves it!

*goes away to think of some more*

Last edited by Grrr..Meow; 07-28-2014 at 03:07 AM.
Grrr..Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Fan Club Officer

MO & DMT
Jobberknoll

Second Year
x10
Admiratrice des Maraudeurs | C-Rizzle | THE Best Snuggler

Tegz, this is such a lovely idea! I really really like it ^_____^ and I completely agree with all the people who have already be mentioned! Go you guys!

Firstly, I think that Isidora Miroslava played by grangerfan8 is just such an interesting character. I've said over and over that I would love to meet Dora, or that if I could become friends with a charrie it would be her. I never could quote figure out the entirety of this character because Pat is very good with keeping up the mystery. Plus, Dora's sarcasm? Priceless.

The other person right now I'd like to give props to is Nigel Barrington played by the wonderful Meizzner. Nigel never fails to make me laugh. He has undeniably awesome hair and wonderful humor, and of course a pretty face.

The funny thing is I don't recall ever actually playing with either Pat or Erik XD I just admired from afar.

I'll definitely be coming back with more!
Casey O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

This thread is such a lovely idea, oh my gosh!

One of my all time favourite SS characters is Oliver Greenwood played by Katie (noodles)! I never got the chance to play with him properly (mostly because I was too shy to ask because I SUCKED at roleplaying back then compared to Katie XD) but he was my FAVE charrie to stalk because I thought he was so cool and absolutely hilarious! I usually had SUCH a giggle whenever he was around and I think he is the perfect example of a friend that everyone should have. So yeah, I secretly love all of Katie's charries because she is super incredible at portraying diff characters, and her writing technique is something I would love to be on par with one day, and now I am announcing it to the woooooooorld!

Though I'm sure I made Lottie tell Katie something like this over the phone once. Hehe.

_______mirrors start to whisper, shadows start to sing
Emzily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Can we just appreciate lemon for a moment? Anyone who stalks her as much as I do knows how amazing her characters are. They're flawed and funny and just...eep. I love them.

My newest obsession is Dima as he's adorable, incredibly endearing, and realistically played. He doesn't have it all figured out and he makes mistakes which any normal first year would. Plus my own twelve year old would like to add that he has INCREDIBLE taste in friends.

Thanks for being such an awesome RPer, Lemonade. You really are one of the best, mhm.

Stalk you later, yo.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

OHMYGOSH best thread ever *is going to be sitting in here for a long time* *doesn't even set up a tent goest straight for the big guns and sets up a HOUSE instead* *with extra rooms if anyone wants to join*

So although there are many RPers/Charries that I would love to praise, I'll keep this relatively short because I have five minutes before my mom comes upstairs and personally sees to my death. Also, I'm going to try to mention the ones that haven't been brought up too much yet as I'm short on time BUT I'LL BE BACK *pinky swears*

Kevin (DuckyLinJi): Kevin is a standout for me because of the way he thinks through things. He jumps to conclusions, has his flaws, is obnoxious, but when it comes down to it he's a pretty nice friend to have. I love the way that he's grown so much in just this year alone. I get first hand experience seeing this too because of the friendship that has grown between him and my kid (starting in the Gryffindor boy's dorms). I can't wait to see how he changes and develops even further because HE'S ONLY A SECOND YEAR and already such a fabulous charrie *snaps for Lindz please*

Kyroh(Kaos.Doodles): Is also a big one for me because HE'S SO ADORABLE how can you not love him!? I love how true he is to his age and how he interacts with such a wide range of people! I always find it difficult to get a firstie involved so much, but it has been done people. This is the proof. But really, Kyroh is just so perfect in the way that he doesn't change his personality to adapt to certain situations, but instead stays true to himself always. Even if that involves not drinking a potion because it has some dragon contents in it, YET he still finds ways to participate (like manually lifting rocks).

Lex (DaniDiNardo): I am in love with Lex and if Zander wasn't already hopelessly infatuated with Bentley, he probably would be too. First off, Lex is such a bold, dramatic character. She truly wears the title of Gryffindor through and through. FURTHERMORE, even though she is so loud and fun, she is also a good Prefect when it comes down to it. She does look out for all her cubs. I also love how she isn't afraid to speak what's on her mind, even if it means getting in trouble. AND the way that Dani writes- it gives me chills. Her writing is beautiful and when I read it I can tell that it has Lex's voice dripped all over it.

And I have to run before I'm eaten alive, but I'll come back and write some more when my mom isn't threatening me.

You are Lemon!

Last edited by ArianaBlack; 07-27-2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: I escaped my mom for a minute to come edit bc dumb mistakes ok bye
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lyric Bayliss-Black
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn Romalotti
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
x12 x12
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

Oh, this is cute.

I'm going to say any character play by Touz (Mad Eye Touz) ever...because Aspen Odessa will always be one of my absolutely favorites on the site. Not to mention the countless others that she puts her brilliant mind behind. She knows how to make the lulzy happen...and I always giggle when reading her posts. All of them. This is why I can't really choose ONE of her characters and must shower love upon all of dems.

AND...

Gosh, there are a bunch, actually.....

OH! I love me some Lotus Wisteria (Lockhartian)....That little Snake in Puffer's clothing. Ugh. Lottie is an amazing friend and Karla plays her so well. Both of my school charries love them some Lotus, too. So, it works out and doesn't hurt my brain too much.

I'll post again...because this will get too long if I go on and on like I want to...

Livin' in ruins of a palace, within our dreams...____________
We're on each other's team._____
Govoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dalia Turay
Fourth Year
Zing

H'OKAY, SO. This might be a long one.

Yes, he's not at Hogwarts anymore, but I STILL ADORE Deezers KENNEDY ESCALANTE.I just feel like I've watched him grow up and his character development has been super realistic and I always just want to scoop him up and snuggle him so tight because that kid there is so awesome and I LOVE HIM. He's so cool and all his little quirks are just... UGH I LOVE HIM. Remember poor little nervous fourteen year old Escalante who had no confidence? HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT HE TURNED IN TO? <3 <3 <3

NEXT UP: KAaaaaaAAAaAAaAaaaaaAAAAAAAatieeeee (noodles) I just... ugh. You know those RPers who just get it so right pretty much every time? She's one of them. I mean... if you've ever RPed with her you'll know how funny it can be to look into her character's heads. I just love ALL of them. Amber? Cute as heck and just hilarious. Oliver? Charismatic and cracks me up every time. Józsua? Well, we all know how my head feels about THAT boy. He's awesome. UGH I JUST CAN'T LIST ALL THE AWESOME IT'S NOT POSSIBLE.

AAAAAAAAND THE NEXT ITEM ON THE LIST... So there's this kid, right? His name's West Odessa or something and he's pretty cool. Maybe you've heard of him. Rped by that... uh... I think she's called Tegz? LOOK I JUST LOVE WEST, OKAY? He's SUCH a loyal and wonderful friend, and his flaws just make him such a complex and incredible character. AND TEGAN YOU ARE A QUEEEEEEEN.

The next person I want to talk about belongs to an RPer who hasn't really been around much but I just adore her, and that is Nixy! Iris Beaumont was such an influence on my own characters and I feel like she was just such a fantastic charrie! She was immature and silly as well as being responsible on occasion and I just LOVE that kind of RPing.

Finally, but only because I feel like I should stop at five so THERE ARE SO MANY MORE! But Felixir's TOBIAS TEMPUS <3 is just the SWEETEST and I love him and his energy and his complexity and ugh he's just... <3 I just wanna eat him up! Felix you are such a good RPer and Toby is so cool and ugh <33333

YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST SO FANTASTIC.
JustAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
William McLuen
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Erin Dixon
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x5
Talikins|Huffledor|Purple|Ted Velvet| |Lochnessie|Redhead|Bladger|⅓ Ferocious Trio

This thread is beautiful, TRULY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
This thread is such a lovely idea, oh my gosh!

One of my all time favourite SS characters is Oliver Greenwood played by Katie (noodles)! I never got the chance to play with him properly (mostly because I was too shy to ask because I SUCKED at roleplaying back then compared to Katie XD) but he was my FAVE charrie to stalk because I thought he was so cool and absolutely hilarious! I usually had SUCH a giggle whenever he was around and I think he is the perfect example of a friend that everyone should have. So yeah, I secretly love all of Katie's charries because she is super incredible at portraying diff characters, and her writing technique is something I would love to be on par with one day, and now I am announcing it to the woooooooorld!

Though I'm sure I made Lottie tell Katie something like this over the phone once. Hehe.
THIS ONE HUNDRED PERCENT! YES! *luffs Katie and her charries*

--------

I must say Issy's (SlytherinSistah) Cutty is UTTER brilliance. He truly makes my life and I love him to bits. Issy is an amazing RPer with him and she's highly creative with the Cutty RPs that I've seen. Truly, just WOW. Like I wish I could be as creative as that when it comes to characters and RPs.

Another boy I LOVE even though he's not so much on s.s anymore is Ali's (Bazinga) Bart. I think he is truly something and I love how he is the typical boy at his age. He's definitely a character that can have me in a fit of giggles because he's so brilliant. Ali you are truly genius in how you RP him. MHHM!

Lastly, for now, and I know it's already been posted but I cant resist. GRAYSON. Omg. I am TRULY amazed in a VERY good way at how Kitakins (hermionesclone) is able to play such a BRILLIANT Slytherin character when she's so so sweet! I think that's true RPer skill and I truly admire how she can create such amazing characters!
Talikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMLE
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annaliese Toussaint
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitriy Toussaint
Law Enforcement

x12 x12
Dani's Citrus Duck Spawn | Mama Giraffe | Lemon PATch | Pushed the Red Button

The fact that no one has called out Cassirin's characters here yet is the most surprising thing to me, because what's not to love? The greatest thing about Ern's brain children is that she has 53,258 of them and STILL manages to give each one a unique personality. Talent, that is.

That being said, since I can't gush about ALL her characters, I'll focus my efforts on the wonderfulness that is Marcus Branxton. He's so complex and funny and realistic, and I absolutely ADORE how he has the strangest slew of friends (though that's partially brought on by Ern's willingness to play with anyone and everyone). And I have to credit the fiesty Vivi Branxton and renowned Tatertot, because THEIR fan clubs are still growing as well.

Not to mention oldie Copernicus Kettleburn. Just... all her charries. She should get a badge or something.

__________________________________..____this is why we can't have nice things, darling.
lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Lex (DaniDiNardo): I am in love with Lex and if Zander wasn't already hopelessly infatuated with Bentley, he probably would be too. First off, Lex is such a bold, dramatic character. She truly wears the title of Gryffindor through and through. FURTHERMORE, even though she is so loud and fun, she is also a good Prefect when it comes down to it. She does look out for all her cubs. I also love how she isn't afraid to speak what's on her mind, even if it means getting in trouble. AND the way that Dani writes- it gives me chills. Her writing is beautiful and when I read it I can tell that it has Lex's voice dripped all over it.

Oh yeah! THIS! You stole my thunder about Alexa but I'll happily rave about one of DaniDiNardo's OTHER charries. Hehe.

Besides Lex, whom my Headmistress actually kind of sort of weirdly has a .... friend?ly?ship? with, I also enjoy stalking Gavin, her Ministry character, and all her other randoms around Diagon Alley. Gavin was one of those grumbly, oh this will be fun NOT charries to stalk from the beginning of his time in the MoM, and she hasn't lost that side of him even as he has grown and changed over time.

There aren't a lot of RPers who deliberately make funny posts, or at least write with a sense of humour, but Dani is one of them. She's top notch, dudes, and always up for an RP WITH ANYONE. I admire that so much. I thoroughly enjoy stalking her from afar and although I wonder how she has time for all the RPs she does, I'm glad she is a very involved member.

Dani (and her charries!) is just one of our many good ones.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
BanaBatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Hi, I'm back. And this time I would like to mention a few others before I scurry off again.

Cosgrach F. Culloden (Starshine): I love Culloden so much. He's everything you'd want in a Potions Professor. He's got that tough exterior and expects so much of his students. But then, he also has the deep and vulnerable side to him as well. Much like the Aparecium uncovered, this Professor has a heart of gold if you get to know him, which many students have. ALSO, the sheer brilliance of Deniz's writing here. Merlin. She manages to keep things short and sweet, yet also adds so much detail within only a few words. I'm quite a wordy person myself, so the fact that she is able to say everything so concisely, while also portraying her charrie perfectly- well it's so impressive.

Okay my last one for today I swear. I just love gushing about how amazing all these charries are.

Bay (Grrr..Meow): Let me tell you this charrie is SUCH a trooper. He has been in the hospital wing for the majority of term now, but still he had such an impact on the others around him. He's such an amazing 'older brother' type for the lions and is always willing to lend a helping hand. Bay just makes me so happy when I see him around.

[/gushing]

You are Lemon!
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fern Quimbley
Third Year

Tegz! I love this idea so much because for me, admiring and learning from the way other RPers depict their charries is a huge reason for why I joined SS. I sometimes think of RPing here as a very in-depth lesson on writing and developing characters. Everyone is so talented, and I feel incredibly lucky to read what they write and even take part in it.

----

ZDARSKY (Tex)'s Cyrus Andrus (Thanks Jess telling me his last name!! <33): From the very start, Cyrus has been my golden standard for writing characters with accents. Cy was from Australia, and the way ZDARSKY wrote his dialogue felt so incredibly real for me. It wasn't just the way they showed Cy's accent phonetically, but also how they included Australian slang in Cy's speech as well. It felt like ZDARSKY put a lot of research into making Cy feel authentic. Besides the speech, Cy was an absolutely hilarious character. I'm not sure if I actually read this, but I am 99% positive that when Professor Lupa turned into a werewolf, Cy went Tarzaning across the Great Hall.

Leeness's Varius Tipps: Varius was another of those hilarious characters, but like ZDARSKY's Cy, what I admired about Leeness's depiction of Varius had to do with more than just that aspect. What I remember most distinctly about Varius was that after the werewolf debacle, Professor Lupa returned to Hogwarts, and Varius was distributing anti-werewolf posters. I admired how Leeness made Varius physically try to change the situation. (I also admired this in Helios Sunrider's Helios Sunrider and Mrs. Weasley's Abby Wright, when they tried to confront the student murderers and ended up dying in the process*).

Touz's Neptune Bott: I remember when Touz unveiled Neptune after Plymouth graduated, and she was handing out Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans and telling everyone how her family ran the company. My mind was blown. I loved how Touz had picked this very familiar part of the HP series, and then thought to herself (I imagine), "There was a real person who came up with these jelly beans, and his last name was Bott." It had never entered my mind that the Bertie Bott's was there in Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans because of the jelly beans' creator. And then to come to the conclusion that there must be living members of the Bott's family, and maybe one of them could be a student that went to Hogwarts! Blew my mind! I love how Touz took cannon information from JKR's work, and then applied it to the SS RP.

XanaSnapes's Valon Kazimirez: Kazi. I loved him because he had such stage presence (or RP post presence) and because he just seemed so ancient and wise and imposing (but then also had this soft side). But most of all, I loved how in her posts for him, Xana was always using wizarding idioms/slang. This made Kazimirez really feel like a longtime member of the wizarding world, who was so a part of it that it even showed up in his speech. (And on the topic of ancient and wise charries, I want to mention Magical Soul's Abraham Botros: Magical Soul does such a great job creating a character who feels like behind their actions and words is a lifetime of experience. Also, sometimes I like to imagine Botros and Kazimirez knowing each other. I think that they would have respected each other as experts in their fields of knowledge and maybe even have been friends. I have no idea if they are around the same age, but I hope they are and that they went to Hogwarts together... That would make a GREAT FF.)

StarShine's Forrest Charleton: What I love most about Forrest is how impressionable he is, and how easily and subtly Deniz conveys this in her posts. I feel like only if you follow his interactions closely, can you catch where or why he starts to take on certain behaviors. Exhibit A: his "cool boy" saunter in the library, after becoming friends with Cutty.

Davvy Wavvy's Sophia Bellaire: In every post she writes for Bellaire, Davinda constantly creates this serious, no-funny-stuff tone that, I feel, perfectly conveys what it must be like to be in Professor Bellaire's presence. In her depiction of Bellaire's actions and her choice of words for Bellaire's speech, Davinda really successfully conveys to me, her reader, that Professor Bellaire is the type of woman who instills respect and fear into her students. It honestly took me a while to realize who was RPing Bellaire, because her writing as Bellaire is so different from her writing as Rhea from when I first joined SS, just as their two personalities are so different (and her un was purple)!

BanaBatGirl's Anastasia Truebridge: I have always loved this character SO much. Everything about her - how she treated her plants with more care than her students, calls out people who are wearing even remotely the same thing as her, started the Pink Ladies group. EVERYTHING. And Wesley was so, so scared of her, and when I realized that Fern would at least love the headmistress for her fashion sense, I was ecstatic.

*though this may have been a planned part of the school RP plot for that term.

Last edited by imaginarynumb3rs; 07-29-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Adding Mrs. Weasley's Abby Wright plus *'s
imaginarynumb3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

MO
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cairo Gunter
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Athena Riley Carmichael (Nee Smith)
| Avid#JennShipper | Flowers& &Butterflies | LoverOfCupcakes

This thread makes my heart soooooooo happy. I actually might of just read through this whole thread and sobbed cos i looove all the looove and with that i shall point out TWO lovely ladies and their characters.

First, My heart goes out to Govoni and her character Dylan Montmorency who is so so well executed it kills me. I love his quirks and his flaws and i love how he's so difficult and stubborn. If you really get to know him you get to know someone who Kerri has put so much thought and effort into. He's so flawed and imperfect that he's actually perfect in so many ways. He's so sweet and lovable despite his hard shell. If you got to see him played in school you should know just what i mean by his hard shell, if not you should go back and stalk him. I'll even give you links!

Another Character that i fall in love with every time i see him written is Syd's very own Jacob Keller. Not only is he my dream guy but he is possibly the sweetest and most down to earth guy I've ever seen written. i love how he has this natural smooth swag like presence that Syd just delivers like no other and let's be honest we all want a Jacob Keller in our life or at least I know I do. He's flawed and he has so many issues that Syd doesnt make obvious yet you see things show through Jake sometimes that give you a little peak into how his mind works and keeps you always wanting Syd to write more. He can also be stalked for four term which I've linked below!

These two ladies are such superb writers and i love all their characters but these two truly have a huge place in my heart and they deserve medals for having these men in their head space for sure.
JennMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

I love BanaBatGirl's Anastasia Truebridge, WWW, & Wes. And I really love the way that Wes was played out as the MLE Department manager. I would seriously go by and stalk the MLE after I had left it to read his RPs.

imaginarynumb3rs, I agree with you. Touz's Neptune Bott was awesome. She's got an intensity and awesomeness? And she was hilariously awesome to RP with especially in the Beauty-shop re-opening.

I really love Steelsheen's Huxley. Her intensity and ferocity can be so genuinely hilarious at times. If you read her and take everything at face value it can be intense but when you step back and read things with a saracstic tone in your own head you really get how funny Hux can be.

Honestly I love loads of characters and stalk them...though I've been a bit out of touch these past few terms for other reason...but I still scrape up some stalk time whenever I can. And I'll probably edit more people in or post later again!

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 07-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #25 (permalink)

Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Christopher "CL" Lee
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jose Mora
Magical Creatures
x9
|G&T=<3|Snuggles her ALI!| <3's Saz |Master Lurker|

eeepp I has some more!

Squishy aka Lux Carrington, the way Whit play's her character is just so sweet and you just automatically just fall in love with her. The character is caring and wants to do everything to help her friends and family. Whit has great imagination which transfers onto her characters no matter who she's playing which makes for a great RP. She works hard to make the RP interesting.

DinosaursOnASpaceship aka Emmy-lou Duchannes, This character doesn't hold anything back and she will let you know how she's feeling of if you've hurt her feelings. Bre has so much detail in each post you kind of forget that your reading just a normal Post but thinking your reading a detailed story The way Bre is so loyal to all of her RP's and she takes the time to not forget anyone.

Saraie aka Cinna Bayless, this character is just way to cute! and not to mention has great style. Sarah plays this character flawlessly, the right amount of shyness due to the fact that this character was home schooled for the first two years of schooling and the right amount of bravery due to her being a lion, Sarah has won the hearts with her character of many around the school and its just always great to be around her.

Expecto-Penguin aka Kace Lecium, now this character is the perfect best mate, he will bend over backwards for his friends and protect anything or anyone that needs protecting. Steph makes things so fun for Kace and his friends and make sure the harmony among their friends is in balance. The way that Steph makes sure that she keeps her RP's interesting and fun for the reader, just makes you want to keep on reading.

The1HBIC aka Healer Tillstorm, I love how this character is played, she is hard and stern and follows the rules, but she totally cares about her patients and will make sure everyone under her care is well taken care of. Who doesn't love a bad girl lol, but Mary has so much detail in her posts where it can make you feel what the Healer is feeling. I've had nothing but fun RP'ing with her and I encourage many more to stop by and say hello.

okay I think that is all for today