sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 4142 users online including...
Alexrut , Holmesian Feline , Williamwar , Ronaldsnut , Austinwals , astrocat , Ver

7 members
4135 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2018, 03:56 AM

Default Break Room

If you're in need of a break, or maybe just in need of stretching your legs to refill your water bottle, you can find all you need in the level one break room. Sitting opposite some of the private offices, just down the corridor from the bathrooms, the Break Room is an area for employees to sit, relax and not have to think about work for once. There are plenty of chairs and tables for several employees to eat, chat and take a break.

There is a full kitchen off to the side where you can heat up food in a microwave or on the stove, a coffee machine and a tea kettle to fill up your energy levels and a fridge to keep your food chilled if need be. All necessary kitchen supplies are in the cupboards and are restocked frequently.

So, take a break for a moment, but don't dally too long! And remember to clean up after yourselves!
Old 08-02-2019, 02:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Default to ALL Minister's Office employees!
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

After sending a memo out to all of the level one employees, informing them of what would be a semi-surprise extended lunch break with food provided, January re-entered the level, followed by a few levitating trays of food to share with the employees.

It was June, it was sunny, and while every day had its challenges especially at Hogwarts, there was always time to remember the positive things in life. Like free food.

January entered the break room and directed the trays of food onto the counter tops in the room. There was a tray of croissant sandwiches, with gluten free and vegan options, of course. There was a fruit tray, a vegetable tray, and of course, a dessert tray with cookies and pastries. Two drink dispensers sat at the end, one with lemonade and one with cold water. It was the perfect indoor picnic.

Once January was satisfied with the set up, she poked her head out of the break room door and called out to everyone on the office floor - "Lunch is served, everyone! Come eat!"

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
Old 08-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

He had been taken aback by the memo on his desk from January, but being a man of spontaneity he had hardly blinked an eye. He had been taking his lunch in his office for the past month or so, unable to pry himself from his work for long. Making arrangements with the shopkeepers of Hogsmeade village had proven to be a bit of a struggle and he had yet to discuss with Trentulla about the expenses required to house the entire study body population and its faculty. Thankfully, the shopkeepers were willing to be accommodating considering the circumstances, but nothing was ever done for free and proper compensation would need to be handled officially once the summer holidays began. In addition, there had been negotiations with the other Departments of Education regarding other...options. Everywhere seemed to have its own set of problems, and he was proud of how his son was handling the influx of poltergeist and other such specters situation at Himitsumahou, but there were some positive options for next year. More matters to discuss with Trentulla when next they spoke. Charles had ever intention of popping over to Hogsmeade this weekend, the added bonus of checking in on his grandchildren as well.

Looking a little worse for wears, sleep had been scarce, but still with his usual jovial smile gracing his features, the Minister stepped into the break room. "Someone is in a good mood," he chuckled warmly as he grabbed himself a plate. "Still no updates on the situation, I assume?"

While it had been nearly a year since the last set of letters, the threats against his Senior Undersecretary were still nestled prominently in the back of his mind.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 11-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2
Default year 2100 tl. OPEN post. Grab me, yes? xD
♣ Heejin here | Did somebody say coffee & cakes? | cat lover ♣

Jonathan would be lying if he skipped his coffee even during his lunch break.That would not be right at all. Utterly strange.

After finishing some of the paper work in his desk, he convinced himself that this would be his reward... Coffee and boy it made him happy. With his favorite coffee mug in his hand, he dashed his way towards the coffee machine and poured himself a nice hot coffee.

Ahhh yes it's aromatic.
Something he really needed.

He blew into the mug- making sure that he won't burn his lip, before carefully taking a sip. It is quite odd for Jonathan to like coffee this much but he does.... and he always will.

He moved himself, walked towards the table and took a seat in one of the comfortable chairs. He placed his coffee mug on the table and stared at the entrance to the break room for awhile. His thoughts circulating mostly on how to manage his work for today and the rest of the week. He's still new but he is trying to make things systematic and a lot easier for him. He's pretty good at making lists and getting them done with a deadline so he'll surely do that.

But for now, coffee first.

He took another sip. Yum.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default I'll bite :D
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
Jonathan would be lying if he skipped his coffee even during his lunch break.That would not be right at all. Utterly strange.

After finishing some of the paper work in his desk, he convinced himself that this would be his reward... Coffee and boy it made him happy. With his favorite coffee mug in his hand, he dashed his way towards the coffee machine and poured himself a nice hot coffee.

Ahhh yes it's aromatic.
Something he really needed.

He blew into the mug- making sure that he won't burn his lip, before carefully taking a sip. It is quite odd for Jonathan to like coffee this much but he does.... and he always will.

He moved himself, walked towards the table and took a seat in one of the comfortable chairs. He placed his coffee mug on the table and stared at the entrance to the break room for awhile. His thoughts circulating mostly on how to manage his work for today and the rest of the week. He's still new but he is trying to make things systematic and a lot easier for him. He's pretty good at making lists and getting them done with a deadline so he'll surely do that.

But for now, coffee first.

He took another sip. Yum.
Fletcher was already in the breakroom, making himself drink a cup of the interesting coffee they had here at the Ministry. It was no French press, and he'd been kind of hoping the Minister's office had a better breakroom than the other floors, but he also hadn't visited those other floors yet.

Hmm, maybe he could do that today. Maybe he could make someone ELSE do that today, since he was a Very Busy and Important Person here at the Ministry now.... speaking of, there was one of his er, THE employees. Fletcher was pretty sure he knew what this guy did? But he'd better check, you know, because that's what the junior undersecretary did.

"Hey," he plonked himself down beside the other guy, smoothing out his tie and taking a big sip of the coffee. Other Guy must have really needed the coffee though, because he didn't even SEE Fletcher when he came in and filled up his cup. Fletcher had been standing right there beside the microwave! But he understood, coffee was important to wake ya up.

Fletcher took another sip and eyed the guy. "So, got any big plans for today?" He totally, definitely, had memorized all the personnel files, and knew who this guy was. He was just testing him, that's all.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 11-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Fletcher was already in the breakroom, making himself drink a cup of the interesting coffee they had here at the Ministry. It was no French press, and he'd been kind of hoping the Minister's office had a better breakroom than the other floors, but he also hadn't visited those other floors yet.

Hmm, maybe he could do that today. Maybe he could make someone ELSE do that today, since he was a Very Busy and Important Person here at the Ministry now.... speaking of, there was one of his er, THE employees. Fletcher was pretty sure he knew what this guy did? But he'd better check, you know, because that's what the junior undersecretary did.

"Hey," he plonked himself down beside the other guy, smoothing out his tie and taking a big sip of the coffee. Other Guy must have really needed the coffee though, because he didn't even SEE Fletcher when he came in and filled up his cup. Fletcher had been standing right there beside the microwave! But he understood, coffee was important to wake ya up.

Fletcher took another sip and eyed the guy. "So, got any big plans for today?" He totally, definitely, had memorized all the personnel files, and knew who this guy was. He was just testing him, that's all.

Jonathan took a big gulp on the next one. He almost forgot that his other hand was holding a plastic, inside it was a warm bagel that he bought earlier. Taking it out of its plastic, he made a big bite out of it. Coffee and bagel are his favorite combo however it is not something he should be eating during lunch time but with the amount of work from earlier, the hunger passed him. Was that odd? Perhaps.

He was so focused on his own thoughts that his body softly jerked when he heard someone sat beside him. Jonathan's eyes blinked a few times and was surprised because he didn't see anyone come in. Was this first person here before him? His head turned and looked at the man sitting beside him. A smile plastered on his lips, obviously he knew this person. Jonathan whilst new to this workplace did his research. "Hello, Sir Fletcher" he said after taking his hand off his mug to offer a hand shake. "It's nice to see you. I'm Jonathan Kim" he added. And yeah, he is new here but he won't add that bit.

So, got any big plans for today?

Well, there is work but maybe if he replied just that that would be rather vague. For now, there's not much that he is doing. He has a ton of paper work to look at and all but that's pretty much it... Tomorrow he'll be having meetings and other stuff as well. "I'm looking through all the paper work that they placed on my desk. I've finished more than half and i'm planning to finish all of it by the end of the day." he said. This was better for him because he will be having more paper work tomorrow. "How are you, sir?" small conversation.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Jonathan took a big gulp on the next one. He almost forgot that his other hand was holding a plastic, inside it was a warm bagel that he bought earlier. Taking it out of its plastic, he made a big bite out of it. Coffee and bagel are his favorite combo however it is not something he should be eating during lunch time but with the amount of work from earlier, the hunger passed him. Was that odd? Perhaps.

He was so focused on his own thoughts that his body softly jerked when he heard someone sat beside him. Jonathan's eyes blinked a few times and was surprised because he didn't see anyone come in. Was this first person here before him? His head turned and looked at the man sitting beside him. A smile plastered on his lips, obviously he knew this person. Jonathan whilst new to this workplace did his research. "Hello, Sir Fletcher" he said after taking his hand off his mug to offer a hand shake. "It's nice to see you. I'm Jonathan Kim" he added. And yeah, he is new here but he won't add that bit.

So, got any big plans for today?

Well, there is work but maybe if he replied just that that would be rather vague. For now, there's not much that he is doing. He has a ton of paper work to look at and all but that's pretty much it... Tomorrow he'll be having meetings and other stuff as well. "I'm looking through all the paper work that they placed on my desk. I've finished more than half and i'm planning to finish all of it by the end of the day." he said. This was better for him because he will be having more paper work tomorrow. "How are you, sir?" small conversation.
Dangit, the guy already knew who he was. Fletcher winced a bit at the full pronunciation of his name, Mister and all that, but waved it away like he was swatting an invisible fly. "Just Fletcher's fine, Jonathan," he replied smoothly, pretending like he knew Jonathan's name all along. He shook his hand, and as he did, something clicked for Fletcher. "You're the Ministry Ombudsman!" That's right! He got the job Fletcher had originally been interested in!

But who was he kidding... Junior Undersecretary was totally better.

"Oh, paperwork." Boring boring boring. Fletcher took a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng sip of his coffee, wincing again at the end of it. He had to go find a better cuppa somewhere, and Jonathan would be the perfect ally for this task. "Listen, Jonathan. You're the ombudsman. I'm the junior undersecretary. We're both new here." Could he BE more obvious? "What do you say we forget the paperwork for the afternoon, and instead start by visiting the other levels? I don't know about you, but I haven't seen all the floors yet and I know that we," the ombudsman and the undersecretary and everyone else on level one, "are supposed to be friendly with the other departments." ESPECIALLY the ombudsman, right? He had BUD in his title. He was supposed to be buds with the other departments!

Was Jonathan catching his drift? "I'm sure we could visit a few floors today, introduce ourselves, you know. Be our charming selves." Ayyyyy Jonathan, whaddaya say?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 11-06-2019, 07:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2

Quote:
Dangit, the guy already knew who he was. Fletcher winced a bit at the full pronunciation of his name, Mister and all that, but waved it away like he was swatting an invisible fly. "Just Fletcher's fine, Jonathan," he replied smoothly, pretending like he knew Jonathan's name all along. He shook his hand, and as he did, something clicked for Fletcher. "You're the Ministry Ombudsman!" That's right! He got the job Fletcher had originally been interested in!

But who was he kidding... Junior Undersecretary was totally better.

"Oh, paperwork." Boring boring boring. Fletcher took a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng sip of his coffee, wincing again at the end of it. He had to go find a better cuppa somewhere, and Jonathan would be the perfect ally for this task. "Listen, Jonathan. You're the ombudsman. I'm the junior undersecretary. We're both new here." Could he BE more obvious? "What do you say we forget the paperwork for the afternoon, and instead start by visiting the other levels? I don't know about you, but I haven't seen all the floors yet and I know that we," the ombudsman and the undersecretary and everyone else on level one, "are supposed to be friendly with the other departments." ESPECIALLY the ombudsman, right? He had BUD in his title. He was supposed to be buds with the other departments!

Was Jonathan catching his drift? "I'm sure we could visit a few floors today, introduce ourselves, you know. Be our charming selves." Ayyyyy Jonathan, whaddaya say?

This was great, Jonathan wanted to meet his other co-workers and what better way to meet them than this? A cup of coffee and some of his awkwardness-- sort of. "It does have a nice ring to it..." he stopped himself and bit his tongue before saying the word 'sir' "... Fletcher" he chuckled. Seems like he needs to get used to calling him that without the mister/sir. Jonathan raised his coffee mug and smiled at the man "Yes. I'm the new Ministry Ombudsman." he is just thankful to be given this job, "And you are the Junior Undersecretary. I mean, wow. That's really great. How is it so far?" Is it a tough job or that he gets times 2 of the paper work than Jonathan?

Jonathan sort of snorted with Fletcher said 'paperwork', maaaaaan it does feel like it's boring task. Jonathan is used to paperwork, his last job also had a ton of it as well. Fun, isn't it? He took another sip of his coffee and looked at Fletcher when he spoke up.

He only heard him say What do you say we forget the paperwork for the afternoon and his mind automatically said yes. Whatever it is... YES. It'd be nice to go stroll around the levels and check out their offices. That's waaaaaay better actually. A smirk plastered on his face and gave him a nod "I like this idea." he used to work in Level 4 but that was yeaaarsss ago. "Yeah I'm up to going around and be friendly with the other departments"

Tapping his hand lightly on the table and nods his head in agreement to Fletcher's plan "so where do we begin?" it's a big place.

Old 11-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
This was great, Jonathan wanted to meet his other co-workers and what better way to meet them than this? A cup of coffee and some of his awkwardness-- sort of. "It does have a nice ring to it..." he stopped himself and bit his tongue before saying the word 'sir' "... Fletcher" he chuckled. Seems like he needs to get used to calling him that without the mister/sir. Jonathan raised his coffee mug and smiled at the man "Yes. I'm the new Ministry Ombudsman." he is just thankful to be given this job, "And you are the Junior Undersecretary. I mean, wow. That's really great. How is it so far?" Is it a tough job or that he gets times 2 of the paper work than Jonathan?

Jonathan sort of snorted with Fletcher said 'paperwork', maaaaaan it does feel like it's boring task. Jonathan is used to paperwork, his last job also had a ton of it as well. Fun, isn't it? He took another sip of his coffee and looked at Fletcher when he spoke up.

He only heard him say What do you say we forget the paperwork for the afternoon and his mind automatically said yes. Whatever it is... YES. It'd be nice to go stroll around the levels and check out their offices. That's waaaaaay better actually. A smirk plastered on his face and gave him a nod "I like this idea." he used to work in Level 4 but that was yeaaarsss ago. "Yeah I'm up to going around and be friendly with the other departments"

Tapping his hand lightly on the table and nods his head in agreement to Fletcher's plan "so where do we begin?" it's a big place.

That's right. Thanks Jonathan, though Fletcher had once been called 'Sir Fletcher' all year by a great kid, Treyen Lockhart, and wouldn't mind being reminded of it. But no no, he was here to be the cool, friendly undersecretary, so 'Just Fletcher' it was!

Oh, huh? He had a question? "It's uh......" Boring? "Great, just great, really." Just like what Jonathan had said, essentially. "I do a lot of reading, filing files, approving them, passing things up or down the chain." So far, it was simple, but he had a feeling Ms. Bones was starting him off slow. So naturally, he was going to take advantage of that down time to do something else.

"Awesome!" He agreed! That was easy! Fletcher's moving tattoo took a celebratory lap around his hand and then disappeared back down his sleeve, revealing his quiet excitement at this new task. He was ready to abandon the rest of his coffee in his cup and head off now, but he didn't want to rush Jonathan out of his lunch break. Unlike Fletcher, who was snacking all the time always, it was possible the Ombudsman only had time for a break here and there.

He grinned a bit at Jonathan. "I dunno, do you have a favorite floor, or any friends who work here? We could start with them?" Fletcher really wanted to see the Department of Mysteries, and really did NOT want to see the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. But he'd let Jonathan decide.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2

Quote:
That's right. Thanks Jonathan, though Fletcher had once been called 'Sir Fletcher' all year by a great kid, Treyen Lockhart, and wouldn't mind being reminded of it. But no no, he was here to be the cool, friendly undersecretary, so 'Just Fletcher' it was!

Oh, huh? He had a question? "It's uh......" Boring? "Great, just great, really." Just like what Jonathan had said, essentially. "I do a lot of reading, filing files, approving them, passing things up or down the chain." So far, it was simple, but he had a feeling Ms. Bones was starting him off slow. So naturally, he was going to take advantage of that down time to do something else.

"Awesome!" He agreed! That was easy! Fletcher's moving tattoo took a celebratory lap around his hand and then disappeared back down his sleeve, revealing his quiet excitement at this new task. He was ready to abandon the rest of his coffee in his cup and head off now, but he didn't want to rush Jonathan out of his lunch break. Unlike Fletcher, who was snacking all the time always, it was possible the Ombudsman only had time for a break here and there.

He grinned a bit at Jonathan. "I dunno, do you have a favorite floor, or any friends who work here? We could start with them?" Fletcher really wanted to see the Department of Mysteries, and really did NOT want to see the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. But he'd let Jonathan decide.

He needs to time to really, really get used to not calling everyone with a 'Miss' or 'Sir'. He was used to that sort of thing especially when he started working-- addressing people that way at least, but he understands that not everyone will like it and for that, he will try his very best. Back at Hogwarts or even during his uni days, he just addressed everyone with their last names... Huh, work must have been a lot different for him.

Boring?
Jonathan let out a loud chuckle. Not that it meant anything, he just found the description quite hilarious. Aren't office or ministry work boring in a way? He used to work as a Dragonologist so having to work with papers and meetings and all that is taking some time for him to adjust as well. "Ahhh you must be the type that loves field work?" could be. Some people are like that. "And also, same" he added. Yes, both of their jobs didn't really require them to do that much except for desk work. "But i guess it's because we are new so they tend to give us like a learning curve of some sort" maybe. The longer it gets, the more work will be given to them.

Jonathan gulped all the coffee he had left in his mug before carefully placing it the table, he eyed Fletcher's now moving tattoo. "That's cool" he said and looked back at him with a smile. Nope, he doesn't have any tattoo.

WELLLLLL.....

Truth be told, Jonathan wants to visit the Mysteries level. Too bad that place is too secretive and he's not too sure if they're even allowed to visit it without notice or something. So that's a pass for now. Hmmm... "What about Level 4? I used to work there but for a really short time. I don't think people are going to remember me" he replied, still thinking of another level so that they both have options to pick "Or Level 2? I kind of want Department of Mysteries but are we even allowed?" he grinned.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default lol the 'boring' was a thought, not actually said aloud! but that's okay!

Quote:
He needs to time to really, really get used to not calling everyone with a 'Miss' or 'Sir'. He was used to that sort of thing especially when he started working-- addressing people that way at least, but he understands that not everyone will like it and for that, he will try his very best. Back at Hogwarts or even during his uni days, he just addressed everyone with their last names... Huh, work must have been a lot different for him.

Boring?
Jonathan let out a loud chuckle. Not that it meant anything, he just found the description quite hilarious. Aren't office or ministry work boring in a way? He used to work as a Dragonologist so having to work with papers and meetings and all that is taking some time for him to adjust as well. "Ahhh you must be the type that loves field work?" could be. Some people are like that. "And also, same" he added. Yes, both of their jobs didn't really require them to do that much except for desk work. "But i guess it's because we are new so they tend to give us like a learning curve of some sort" maybe. The longer it gets, the more work will be given to them.

Jonathan gulped all the coffee he had left in his mug before carefully placing it the table, he eyed Fletcher's now moving tattoo. "That's cool" he said and looked back at him with a smile. Nope, he doesn't have any tattoo.

WELLLLLL.....

Truth be told, Jonathan wants to visit the Mysteries level. Too bad that place is too secretive and he's not too sure if they're even allowed to visit it without notice or something. So that's a pass for now. Hmmm... "What about Level 4? I used to work there but for a really short time. I don't think people are going to remember me" he replied, still thinking of another level so that they both have options to pick "Or Level 2? I kind of want Department of Mysteries but are we even allowed?" he grinned.
Field work..... hmm, somewhat. Maybe Fletcher was just a little bit allergic to work in general, unless it was the kind where he got to travel and wine and dine on someone else's dime. He still did that, to an extent, but had definitely stepped back from his business some.

"Sure, I just like not being chained to a desk in one location...." Which, if he had his way today, he wouldn't be! Because they would be going around and making friends on other floors and all that. Good, Jonathan could relate. Fletcher knew they would get along! "Yes, sure, that's probably true."

He smiled and absentmindedly rubbed his hand where his tattoo had just been. "Thanks." No time to talk about that right now, they had to get a move on! Fletcher stood up abruptly and waited to see if Jonathan would follow. "I'm no Legilimens, but it sounds like we should go...... to the opposite end of the Ministry, and work our way up!" Right? Right! "To the Department of Mysteries it is!" Jonathan had decided this, see? "They need an ombudsman of course. I'll introduce you."

As if he knew anyone on that floor. OH WELL, no time like the present to make memories!

Old 11-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2
Default Oh myyyy. My eyes have betrayed me. so sorry T^T.

Quote:

Field work..... hmm, somewhat. Maybe Fletcher was just a little bit allergic to work in general, unless it was the kind where he got to travel and wine and dine on someone else's dime. He still did that, to an extent, but had definitely stepped back from his business some.

"Sure, I just like not being chained to a desk in one location...." Which, if he had his way today, he wouldn't be! Because they would be going around and making friends on other floors and all that. Good, Jonathan could relate. Fletcher knew they would get along! "Yes, sure, that's probably true."

He smiled and absentmindedly rubbed his hand where his tattoo had just been. "Thanks." No time to talk about that right now, they had to get a move on! Fletcher stood up abruptly and waited to see if Jonathan would follow. "I'm no Legilimens, but it sounds like we should go...... to the opposite end of the Ministry, and work our way up!" Right? Right! "To the Department of Mysteries it is!" Jonathan had decided this, see? "They need an ombudsman of course. I'll introduce you."

As if he knew anyone on that floor. OH WELL, no time like the present to make memories!

He has worked with dragons for a long time now and finally getting a job in the ministry is a big change for him. He's used to a desk and all but he is all for meetings and whatnot. He enjoys meeting other people and getting to know them. "let's just make things fun, yes?" not all desk jobs are dull.

Jonathan is definitely pumped up with this plan and he is more hyped because Fletcher is there for all of these. Yes, Jonathan is a bit of the shy type but with that solely depends on the person he is with. Pretty sure Fletcher is going to wheel his shyness out with a blink of an eye. Thank Merlin for that.

And oooooohhhhh.... They will be starting in the Department of Mysteries. Jonathan is curious to see what their office looks like. He stood up right after Fletcher stood as well. He walked towards the sink area and left his coffee mug next to it, he will be cleaning that later. "let's go" he said making sure to tidy his tie up.

Old 04-30-2020, 10:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Free to snag!

She was back and it felt weird. Having a mini holiday and going back to Scotland had been well overdue and seeing all of her university friends had been even more overdue. But that was a lifetime away and she was back at work now.

Well, sort of. She was technically sitting in the break room, doing her best not to think about the piles of application forms that sat on her desk that needed to be completed. Those would just have to wait until she finished her rather large cup of coffee though.

Quietly, the curly blonde took a small sip, her mind miles away on the cold Scottish coat.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
She was back and it felt weird. Having a mini holiday and going back to Scotland had been well overdue and seeing all of her university friends had been even more overdue. But that was a lifetime away and she was back at work now.

Well, sort of. She was technically sitting in the break room, doing her best not to think about the piles of application forms that sat on her desk that needed to be completed. Those would just have to wait until she finished her rather large cup of coffee though.

Quietly, the curly blonde took a small sip, her mind miles away on the cold Scottish coat.
There was something about different break rooms that caught Topanga's attention. She had decided a few weeks ago to visit them all, find which one was the best, which might have the best someone else's lunches and that would be the one she stuck around in. Today she was headed into the minister's office break room.

Togana had put this one last for a reason. This one seemed a bit more intimidating, but she still had to see it. Was it the best of all because the Minister came in? She assumed it was, so now she had decided she was the best of the best too and needed in it.

Walking straight in like she should be there she found a chair and sat down. Opening a small package that she had brought just in case someone was already in and snacked on the goodies inside. 'Hello, mind if I join you today?"
Old 05-03-2020, 09:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
There was something about different break rooms that caught Topanga's attention. She had decided a few weeks ago to visit them all, find which one was the best, which might have the best someone else's lunches and that would be the one she stuck around in. Today she was headed into the minister's office break room.

Togana had put this one last for a reason. This one seemed a bit more intimidating, but she still had to see it. Was it the best of all because the Minister came in? She assumed it was, so now she had decided she was the best of the best too and needed in it.

Walking straight in like she should be there she found a chair and sat down. Opening a small package that she had brought just in case someone was already in and snacked on the goodies inside. 'Hello, mind if I join you today?"
Delyth tuned, her eyes from her coffee by another ministry member she was guessing, because she did not know the woman from Eve. But still, she was nothing if not kind, so greeting her with a smile and a nod, she simply replied ”Of course. Sit. Sit.”.

If she was being honest, despite working at the ministry for well over a year now, she still didn’t feel as though she fitted in having not really made any friends. Sure, she’d been out with some friends but she didn’t really count that. So when opportunities came around like this when she could talk and meet new people, she all but jumped at the opportunity.

Taking a sip of her coffee, the young blonde’s hand moved up to her curly hair, as it usually did when she was slightly nervous. ”So, I’m guessing you don’t work on this level?”
Old 05-04-2020, 11:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Delyth tuned, her eyes from her coffee by another ministry member she was guessing, because she did not know the woman from Eve. But still, she was nothing if not kind, so greeting her with a smile and a nod, she simply replied ”Of course. Sit. Sit.”.

If she was being honest, despite working at the ministry for well over a year now, she still didn’t feel as though she fitted in having not really made any friends. Sure, she’d been out with some friends but she didn’t really count that. So when opportunities came around like this when she could talk and meet new people, she all but jumped at the opportunity.

Taking a sip of her coffee, the young blonde’s hand moved up to her curly hair, as it usually did when she was slightly nervous. ”So, I’m guessing you don’t work on this level?”

Man... she knew quick that Topanga wasn't from the department, so she couldn't be new, but did Topanga try to say she was or come clean? She just watched the woman for a few minutes sizing her up.

What to do, what to do.....

"Nah, but we can keep that between us. I work in transportation, but find that break room can be stuffy at times, so I wanted to check out all the other ones. Find the cooooolest one to have lunch in. What do you think, did I find the winner?" She gave the woman a winning smile open it would keep her from kicking her out.

"I'm Topanga."
Old 05-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Man... she knew quick that Topanga wasn't from the department, so she couldn't be new, but did Topanga try to say she was or come clean? She just watched the woman for a few minutes sizing her up.

What to do, what to do.....

"Nah, but we can keep that between us. I work in transportation, but find that break room can be stuffy at times, so I wanted to check out all the other ones. Find the cooooolest one to have lunch in. What do you think, did I find the winner?" She gave the woman a winning smile open it would keep her from kicking her out.

"I'm Topanga."
Delyth just stared at the woman for a moment, a small smile spreading across her lips. ”Honestly, I had no idea you weren’t aloud to eat in the break rooms on different levels. I just assumed you could eat at any of them” she replied now, taking another sip of her coffee before she continued ”I’ve only really had lunch in here so I guess this is the winner to me”, a little embarrassed now.

Maybe she should go and check the other ones out? After all, there was sure to be nicer break rooms than this, although the minister did technically share this break room so shouldn’t theirs be better than the rest. She didn’t know.

”I’m Delyth”
Old 05-08-2020, 11:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Delyth just stared at the woman for a moment, a small smile spreading across her lips. ”Honestly, I had no idea you weren’t aloud to eat in the break rooms on different levels. I just assumed you could eat at any of them” she replied now, taking another sip of her coffee before she continued ”I’ve only really had lunch in here so I guess this is the winner to me”, a little embarrassed now.

Maybe she should go and check the other ones out? After all, there was sure to be nicer break rooms than this, although the minister did technically share this break room so shouldn’t theirs be better than the rest. She didn’t know.

”I’m Delyth”
Topanga threw her head back and laughed like the woman just said the funnest thing. She wasn't sure why it would be so funny, but it felt like the right think to do, 'Oh Merlin, I don't know if you are or not. I've been all super sneaky doing it just in case. I've only been caught I don't know a few times and they didn't seem to mind, so maybe you can just go sit where you want, but with these damn owls you got to be careful poo doesn't end up in your food or anything. I have found staying away from the more active areas is the best."

So don't go eating in a lobby or anything, she did try that on occasion too. "What do you think about the lifts now working, so weird, right?" She thought this was a magical place, you know with all of them being magical, but it seemed like they were living in the song the day the magic died or something.

"Well Delyth you just got a new lunch buddy!"
Old 05-09-2020, 01:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Topanga threw her head back and laughed like the woman just said the funnest thing. She wasn't sure why it would be so funny, but it felt like the right think to do, 'Oh Merlin, I don't know if you are or not. I've been all super sneaky doing it just in case. I've only been caught I don't know a few times and they didn't seem to mind, so maybe you can just go sit where you want, but with these damn owls you got to be careful poo doesn't end up in your food or anything. I have found staying away from the more active areas is the best."

So don't go eating in a lobby or anything, she did try that on occasion too. "What do you think about the lifts now working, so weird, right?" She thought this was a magical place, you know with all of them being magical, but it seemed like they were living in the song the day the magic died or something.

"Well Delyth you just got a new lunch buddy!"
Part of her was confused for a moment. Was Topanga making fun of her because she didn’t exactly say anything that was THAT funny. In the end though, she just decided to smile and laugh a little herself, finally deciding that she didn’t really seem the type to do that. ”I mean, I’ve most likely been here less time than you so please don’t take my word for it. I honestly don’t have a clue” she continued now, slightly worried that she might get her co-worker in trouble or give her the wrong information. ”But I guess if no one else has really given you a row for doing it before, it must be okay?” more of a question than a statement.

As for the lifts not working, she knew all too well what that was like. ”Oh it’s just so annoying. Between the owls and the lifts, it made my job so much harder. You know, one time, I ended up trying to go up a few floors in one and it just ended up taking me to the same floor over and over again”. It hadn’t been the end of the world because they were out in no time but still, it was annoying to say the least.

Laughing, she just smiled and replied ”Well, that sounds great to me! Maybe I can actually get some good food around here then”.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Part of her was confused for a moment. Was Topanga making fun of her because she didn’t exactly say anything that was THAT funny. In the end though, she just decided to smile and laugh a little herself, finally deciding that she didn’t really seem the type to do that. ”I mean, I’ve most likely been here less time than you so please don’t take my word for it. I honestly don’t have a clue” she continued now, slightly worried that she might get her co-worker in trouble or give her the wrong information. ”But I guess if no one else has really given you a row for doing it before, it must be okay?” more of a question than a statement.

As for the lifts not working, she knew all too well what that was like. ”Oh it’s just so annoying. Between the owls and the lifts, it made my job so much harder. You know, one time, I ended up trying to go up a few floors in one and it just ended up taking me to the same floor over and over again”. It hadn’t been the end of the world because they were out in no time but still, it was annoying to say the least.

Laughing, she just smiled and replied ”Well, that sounds great to me! Maybe I can actually get some good food around here then”.
"When did you start?" She hadn't been here long, but maybe she actually was there longer, Topanga really didn't know and she didn't pay much attention to time and years of service type of thing so she had to really think about her own hire date to figure out if she had been there longer than two years, but she thought it had only been two, but who knew she might have been there four at this point. It all just felt the same to her. "No and if someone does have an issue I figured they'd say something." Now if she was caught finding their food good, that might be what made them tell her to leave, but so far so good.

Now as she thought about it she wondered if she'd happen to enjoy the taste testing techniques of Topanga. She thought about opening her mouth and suggesting they look in the fridge to see what was available, but decided she needed to feel the woman out some more first.

"It did that to you? Oh wow I'd been so mad I think I'd hex the darn thing." She probably would have only went to the same floor twice before getting off it or maybe not, it would be a good reason not to work. Just ride on the lift to the same floor over and over and ask so confused when they came asking questions. Sorry I'm late, the lift just wouldn't let me come in. What a missed opportunity that was. "If one more owl poops in my hair I'm making owl stew with it." She was over cleaning her hair all the time.

'You want good food, you need to either look to see what someone else brought and take that or head out of here and go to one of the cafe's. I enjoy the cafe on the corner the most."
Old 05-10-2020, 11:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
"When did you start?" She hadn't been here long, but maybe she actually was there longer, Topanga really didn't know and she didn't pay much attention to time and years of service type of thing so she had to really think about her own hire date to figure out if she had been there longer than two years, but she thought it had only been two, but who knew she might have been there four at this point. It all just felt the same to her. "No and if someone does have an issue I figured they'd say something." Now if she was caught finding their food good, that might be what made them tell her to leave, but so far so good.

Now as she thought about it she wondered if she'd happen to enjoy the taste testing techniques of Topanga. She thought about opening her mouth and suggesting they look in the fridge to see what was available, but decided she needed to feel the woman out some more first.

"It did that to you? Oh wow I'd been so mad I think I'd hex the darn thing." She probably would have only went to the same floor twice before getting off it or maybe not, it would be a good reason not to work. Just ride on the lift to the same floor over and over and ask so confused when they came asking questions. Sorry I'm late, the lift just wouldn't let me come in. What a missed opportunity that was. "If one more owl poops in my hair I'm making owl stew with it." She was over cleaning her hair all the time.

'You want good food, you need to either look to see what someone else brought and take that or head out of here and go to one of the cafe's. I enjoy the cafe on the corner the most."
When did she start? A life time ago! ”Oh, it must be well over a year ago now” smiling now as she looked back, remembering everything she went through to actually get the job at the ministry. It all seemed like such a long time ago but in reality, it wasn’t. Strange how life works that way. ”Well I do not so feel free to come and find me whenever you want a lunch partner because it sure beat eating alone as she did basically every other day here on the minister’s floor.

She did consider hexing the thing but knowing her it would have locked her in there then and just kept her there until she apologised or something. Ministry things really did seem so temperamental sometimes. Always breaking and being all dramatic and needy. ”Oh, I’m sure they would have deducted the damages out of my wages or something. I don’t need that drama in my life right now” she laughed now because that wasn’t necessarily true. She could do with a little drama, just not maybe the expensive kind that could cost you a job. Maybe more the type of drama that drags you out for a nice meal and a sparkly beverage after a hard days work. Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable.

”Oh the owls delivering memos really are the woooorst! I just don’t understand why we can’t got back to charming paper to fly around. That made so much more sense” and also left less mess.

Take what someone else had? As in steal their lunch food? Oh no. Not at all. Did she not hear the comment about the right drama? Maybe she’d misread this woman after all. ”I think I do need to go out and find somewhere else to eat for lunch honestly. I did say I’d do that but here I am…still sitting here” because she was simply too lazy to leave work. And also, it was just too convenient to eat here. She could go back to work then as soon as she finished and then she could leave work earlier! See, it all made a nice convenient circle.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default Sorry this took so long

Quote:
When did she start? A life time ago! ”Oh, it must be well over a year ago now” smiling now as she looked back, remembering everything she went through to actually get the job at the ministry. It all seemed like such a long time ago but in reality, it wasn’t. Strange how life works that way. ”Well I do not so feel free to come and find me whenever you want a lunch partner because it sure beat eating alone as she did basically every other day here on the minister’s floor.

She did consider hexing the thing but knowing her it would have locked her in there then and just kept her there until she apologised or something. Ministry things really did seem so temperamental sometimes. Always breaking and being all dramatic and needy. ”Oh, I’m sure they would have deducted the damages out of my wages or something. I don’t need that drama in my life right now” she laughed now because that wasn’t necessarily true. She could do with a little drama, just not maybe the expensive kind that could cost you a job. Maybe more the type of drama that drags you out for a nice meal and a sparkly beverage after a hard days work. Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable.

”Oh the owls delivering memos really are the woooorst! I just don’t understand why we can’t got back to charming paper to fly around. That made so much more sense” and also left less mess.

Take what someone else had? As in steal their lunch food? Oh no. Not at all. Did she not hear the comment about the right drama? Maybe she’d misread this woman after all. ”I think I do need to go out and find somewhere else to eat for lunch honestly. I did say I’d do that but here I am…still sitting here” because she was simply too lazy to leave work. And also, it was just too convenient to eat here. She could go back to work then as soon as she finished and then she could leave work earlier! See, it all made a nice convenient circle.

She was actually there longer than someone, that was awesome. Topanga never expected to be at the ministry for as long as she had been there. Honestly she figured she'd make it maybe a year and now it had been a few years already. Wow, that was amazing, and she liked her job. So she was going to have a work friend that wanted to do lunch. NOW she would be one of those coworkers that didn't just go off alone, she would now go find her friend. Yes, that sounded great.

Would they really do that? She worked in the minister's office so if anyone knew that she would, 'Well crud, probably good you didn't hex it then. Don't need you blamed for it not working. They might try to pin the memos on you too. It's crazy really, I think someone is just doing a huge joke on us or something. Like one of those muggle shows where they prank people, it's crazy." Maybe that was what was going on, she looked around, where would the hidden camera be?

Getting up quickly she threw away her snack she had brought in with her, 'Lets go find something better to eat. What to head to the cafe down the street. They have the best coffees too."
Old 05-21-2020, 01:19 AM   #23 (permalink)

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
She was actually there longer than someone, that was awesome. Topanga never expected to be at the ministry for as long as she had been there. Honestly she figured she'd make it maybe a year and now it had been a few years already. Wow, that was amazing, and she liked her job. So she was going to have a work friend that wanted to do lunch. NOW she would be one of those coworkers that didn't just go off alone, she would now go find her friend. Yes, that sounded great.

Would they really do that? She worked in the minister's office so if anyone knew that she would, 'Well crud, probably good you didn't hex it then. Don't need you blamed for it not working. They might try to pin the memos on you too. It's crazy really, I think someone is just doing a huge joke on us or something. Like one of those muggle shows where they prank people, it's crazy." Maybe that was what was going on, she looked around, where would the hidden camera be?

Getting up quickly she threw away her snack she had brought in with her, 'Lets go find something better to eat. What to head to the cafe down the street. They have the best coffees too."
Delyth couldn’t help but smile and feel rather happy with herself at making a new friend. She’d made acquaintances but never really a proper girlfriend to talk to and gab with. This seemed like the start of an actual friendship though and it made a nice change.

The memos and the broken lift? That was all she needed honestly. Well, they could just try but she wasn’t taking the fall for anything. After all, she wasn’t the only one who found the letter and had spend so much of her spare time delivering them! No. There was no way they could blame her. ”Well, it wasn’t me so just let them try”. She may be a small little curly haired blonde but she could look like a lion when she wanted to. You just wait.

”Sure, that sounds like a great idea. I’d love a proper coffee and a cookie” although she’d regret the cookie later when she was alone in her flat. But still, she got up and threw the rest of her average tasting coffee in the bin and followed Topanga.