sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1150 users online including...
Antoniodmz , Antonioqum , Stevendalo

3 members
1147 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default North Side of the Street

Diagon Alley runs along a crooked, narrow street. Along the North Side, of course, are the shopfronts. Large glass windows display hot items, special objects, advertise for sales, and encourage people to come in. The path is incredibly tight and overhangs of buildings on either side threaten to touch the building across from it. People walk packed together, as they try to maneuver around groups of people, vending carts, and holes in the cobble road. Be careful of doors opening so that you don’t walk into them by accident.

Outside the Leaky Cauldron entrance is a large, outlandish fountain which threatens to take up the walk. Once one gets around the fountain, the path tightens and the surge of people begins. Bump, jostle, and nudge people as you move around – it's okay, really. Balconies and overhangs create a bright array of color as one meanders down the street. The noise level is cluttered – yelling comes from the hawkers, from the food vendors, from people calling to one and other. Much like a festival, the atmosphere is nearly tangible; electric and festive. Don’t forget to close your eyes and breathe in. Popcorn, kebabs, soup, bread; so many food smells fill the air with a pungent scent.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #126 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
Default <33
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

At first, Minjae had not heard Noah calling out to him. It was a busy street after all but when he held Daniel's hand again, he stepped forward to go to the candy store, his little brother would love that place, he did notice him. Coming to a halt, Minjae beamed as he saw his friend and waved as he and a younger looking boy approached.

"Hey Noah, oh nothing much" he said "Just baby-sitting this brat" He let out a painful yelp as the brat in question suddenly squeezed his hand tightly. "So you're starting your Hogwarts journey eh?" he asked as he looked down at the first year. "You hope to get in Gryffindor like your brother?" If he started his first year now, that would mean that Evan would be in his third year when Daniel became a first year. Perhaps they could become friends, he knew his little brother did not have many friends yet.

After squeezing Minjae's hand tightly for calling him a brat, Daniel let go of the hand and put them in his pants pockets. He looked unimpressed as he looked from Noah to Evan before he looked away with a "Tsk". Could they leave yet? He wanted to explore Diagon Alley not talk to these people. "Can we leave now? i don't have time for this" he said as he glared at the two, especially Evan. He was not jealous that he got to go to Hogwarts before him at all.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:50 AM   #127 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Noah smiled at Evan as he mentioned how glad he was to accompany him and his enthusiasm towards the bookstore. "Are you ready to go to Hogwarts?" he asked with a smile.

"Mhmm... That's Minjae. The mate who will beat me at any muggle video game," he said with a smirk. It was truth. Minjae was probably a natural at video games whereas Noah had only recently started playing.

Noah brightened at the site of Minjae. It was so SWISH to see him again. He really enjoyed the Hufflepuff's company for sure. He often found himself wishing he was a Hufflepuff just to spend some more time with his fellow mate. He raised an eyebrow when Minjae mentioned babysitting the brat a.k.a his little brother. Noah turned to gaze at his brother, ready to reassure him that he wasn't a brat and was delightful and all.

His smile falter when he heard the 'Tsk'. Whaaaat? "Um.. hey Daniel... Nice to meet you too," he said to the rather unimpressed boy, feeling... well... a little jipped by the boy's cool reaction. Now he understood what Minjae meant by when he spoke of his brother. "So are we going to have a showdown?" Videogame show down.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:30 AM   #128 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Was he ready for Hogwarts? Could a fish swim? Sure, there were plenty of things he could still learn BUT now that he and Sol had started their friendship bucket list he was just excited to get to the school and start exploring. And ticking things off the list. "Yeah, I think I am. I got most of my books already and I'm really excited to start."

"If he can beat you so easily is it really any fun for you guys to play? Wouldn't going outside and playing tag be more fun?" Then they were on equal playing fields! Well, maybe. Noah was fairly fast, although the other guy, Minjae, could still end up faster.

Evan's brow nearly rose when he heard the other guy call his younger brother a brat and he turned his attention to the other kid, before noticing his posture and hearing the noise. He... did not seem very friendly. But maybe he was also just having a very bad day? Evan wasn't normally a judgy type, so he mentally shrugged it off before looking back to the elder brother and offering a smile. "I am!" And then the question about house and his smile faltered the tiniest bit. "Well... it would be nice but... I've done a lot of reading and I don't think I possess Gryffindor traits. And I imagine even if I asked the hat, I would still need to be at least somewhat of a fit." Right? Or did that really not matter? "I'm betting I'll end up in either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff." Not that he really had a preference between the two. He did hope one of his new friends would be the same house though!

Hearing the younger boy talk again, Evan turned his attention to him and blinked at the expression on his face. Was that... was he glaring? Had he done something??? "Where were you wanting to explore too?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 08-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #129 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

While his big brother kept on talking to his friend and his younger brother, Daniel grew more and more impatient. He began tapping his foot on the ground and looked everywhere except the two. He was on the verge of just walking away and explore Diagon Alley on his own when Evan spoke to him.

Taking his hands out of his pockets, he held them behind his head and raised an eyebrow. "I was SUPPOSED to get a tour of Diagon Alley as it is my first time here but HE" he motioned to Minjae "has to stop and talk" he said as he send a glare at his brother as well. It annoyed him even further when he was completely ignored by him.

Choosing to ignore Daniel's little rant, Minjae kept smiling as he listened to Evan speak. He definitely sounded excited about studying at Hogwarts and the Hufflepuff suspected that Noah had never told him in detail what kind of things happened at Hogwarts almost every year. Then again, maybe Noah had told him and it only fueled his desire to go. He knew that Daniel was like that even if he did not show it.

"I'm in Hufflepuff myself" he said when Evan mentioned he'd probably be in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

Oh? a showdown? Minjae grinned at Noah but then laughed when Evan mentioned playing tag instead. "I think we are a bit too old to be playing tag , right?" he asked as he looked at Noah. "But he is right that it is no fun if i keep beating you in games" he sighed. "What is something we are both good in?" that should be far more interesting to compete with.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:15 AM   #130 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

"Have you started to read them?" he asked, casting a smile at his younger brother. He fully expected that Evan had already started to digest all the information from his textbooks and about Hogwarts in general.

Noah's smile dropped when Evan pointed out the fact that playing games with Minjae shouldn't have been fun especially if he always lost to Minjae. Well.. he didn't always lose.... maybe... okay. So Noah was not a mastermind at gaming... "Ah.." he began to speak before shutting his mouth. Evan was right and Noah wasn't going to dispute that right now. "I suppose so," he lamely said before listening to Minjae and Evan speak about Hogwarts. A warm smile graced his lips as he mentioned that he thought he was more of a Hufflepuff or a Ravenclaw. Yes.. Noah had thought he would end up in Hufflepuff but the Sorting Hat had other ideas but for Evan... He could see his brother in every house but Gryffindor.

Noah paused, turning his attention to Evan when he had asked Daniel a question. Hearing Daniel's answer about having a tour, Noah suggested, "We could walk and talk as a group, if you want?" He didn't know how the boy would receive it... but maybe that'd be okay? If they could explore then he could chill with Minjae and catch up on things. He chuckled at the mention of tag and then Minjae suggesting a different showdown. "How about laser tag?" he said with a smirk. Noah LOVED laser tag. It involved running, jumping, rolling (well not really but if you were an avid laser tagger or paint baller, you needed to push the rules a little) around the arena.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:20 AM   #131 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

At Noah's question, Evan couldn't stop himself from smiling sheepishly and nodding at his older brother. "I have. Solana had already let me borrow Hogwarts: A History so I'd already finished that one but... I started reading the Care of Magical Creatures text and Divinition." The latter which seemed a weird concept to him, but he was still interested in learning! Had tried to crack open a Potions book too but.. honestly it wasn't making much sense to him. Probably should look more into Herbology first so understood the plants and their properties.

He looked back to Minjae's brother. Who he still did not know the name of but could not find an easy way to segue into that question, so just decided to leave it. Could probably find out the information from Noah later if it was necessary. "Oh..." But wasn't it a good thing to have friends to greet? "Well, what stores were you hoping to go and look at?" Because he was trying to make polite conversation. "Any specific interest?"

He turned his attention back to the elder, Minjae, and was able to offer more of an easy smile. This brother seemed nice, and Evan perked up even more when he mentioned he was in Hufflepuff. "Oh! What's the Common room like? Do you like being a Hufflepuff?" It'd be nice to see a familiar face if he ended up in Hufflepuff, even if they didn't talk it'd be like a small connection to Noah still. "And what about the Hufflepuff Head of House? Do you like them?" Because that was important too, y'know.

He went back to silence as the elder two interacted, glancing between them and the younger brother, before nodding at Noah's suggestion to walk together thinking it a good idea. He usually thought Noah had good ideas though, in fact he had actually thought he might have been in Ravenclaw too. He listened to them discuss games, before perking up slightly at the mention of laser tag. He didn't want to be that person but... "If you do laser tag can," he was going to say I but glanced over at the other younger brother too. He couldn't possibly not like LASER tag right? "we go too?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 12-14-2020, 06:56 PM   #132 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Default open
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

It was a busy street, but Ashley had gone unnoticed. While she did stand out, she looked so unobtrusive that the eye would pass by her after lingering for only a moment. So she chose this spot to lean against a wall and read. Not a book, obviously(She used to like to read, but then she went to Hogwarts and no longer had much of a desire to learn). She read a letter. From a muggle.

Dear Ashley,

It was so nice to see you this summer. If was great to hang out and get some surfing in, even if you had to leave so soon. Even if it was cold and dangerous. That's the best kind of fun. Anyways...

Blah blah. You know the rest. Usual friendship stuff.

You know what Ashley needed? More friends. If she couldn't see her muggle friends, then she would find SOMEONE because she refused to go to Hogwarts without people who would make it tolerable. Not even friends. At least enemies who wouldn't let her die.

She needed a distraction. Otherwise, she was going to stand here forever and do nothing and think about everything.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:14 AM   #133 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
It was a busy street, but Ashley had gone unnoticed. While she did stand out, she looked so unobtrusive that the eye would pass by her after lingering for only a moment. So she chose this spot to lean against a wall and read. Not a book, obviously(She used to like to read, but then she went to Hogwarts and no longer had much of a desire to learn). She read a letter. From a muggle.

Dear Ashley,

It was so nice to see you this summer. If was great to hang out and get some surfing in, even if you had to leave so soon. Even if it was cold and dangerous. That's the best kind of fun. Anyways...

Blah blah. You know the rest. Usual friendship stuff.

You know what Ashley needed? More friends. If she couldn't see her muggle friends, then she would find SOMEONE because she refused to go to Hogwarts without people who would make it tolerable. Not even friends. At least enemies who wouldn't let her die.

She needed a distraction. Otherwise, she was going to stand here forever and do nothing and think about everything.
If the girl was looking for friends, Miyu Kim was probably not the best choice, but she also wasn't the worst.

The incoming fourth year Slytherin was busy people watching and sketching in her journal, quiet as a mouse and unobtrusive. The girl caught her attention not only because she looked familiar (possible from Hogwarts???) but also because she looked sad in a way that Miyu could relate to. She watched her read the letter, watched her stand there, looking lost in a few different ways. She drew her general outline, her ink drying immediately on the type of paper in her journal. That was good since Miyu wouldn't have enjoyed smudging on this kind of sketch.

When she was done, she stood up, ripped out the page in her journal, and approached her. "I drew you."

And that was all she decided to say.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 12-21-2020, 01:35 AM   #134 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

If the girl was looking for friends, Miyu Kim was probably not the best choice, but she also wasn't the worst.

The incoming fourth year Slytherin was busy people watching and sketching in her journal, quiet as a mouse and unobtrusive. The girl caught her attention not only because she looked familiar (possible from Hogwarts???) but also because she looked sad in a way that Miyu could relate to. She watched her read the letter, watched her stand there, looking lost in a few different ways. She drew her general outline, her ink drying immediately on the type of paper in her journal. That was good since Miyu wouldn't have enjoyed smudging on this kind of sketch.

When she was done, she stood up, ripped out the page in her journal, and approached her. "I drew you."

And that was all she decided to say.
Ashley was kinda doing a brooding moment thing when a person started talking to her. Her eyes and mind quickly switched back into reality as she stuffed her letter into her pocket. Nobody needed to see that. the way Ashley would have it, everyone would know about her best friend but none of them would meet him. She had seen too much of the wizarding world to let it anywhere near her muggle friends. Anyway, someone was talking to her. She looked at them and smiled, her head tilting. Was the smile genuine? Probably. "Cool. Drawing is cool." You could tell from the drawing on her right arm, a familiar one for her, of a kid lying on a surfboard in the ocean with another kid in the front. On her other arm, the same scene was a nightmare, but that was beside the point. She kinda wanted to see the girl's drawing but it was rude to ask, probably. They didn't even know each other. Well, that was something she could change. "I'm Ashley." Maybe this girl could be a friend. Or an enemy who wouldn't try to kill her, which was similar, sorta.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #135 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ashley was kinda doing a brooding moment thing when a person started talking to her. Her eyes and mind quickly switched back into reality as she stuffed her letter into her pocket. Nobody needed to see that. the way Ashley would have it, everyone would know about her best friend but none of them would meet him. She had seen too much of the wizarding world to let it anywhere near her muggle friends. Anyway, someone was talking to her. She looked at them and smiled, her head tilting. Was the smile genuine? Probably. "Cool. Drawing is cool." You could tell from the drawing on her right arm, a familiar one for her, of a kid lying on a surfboard in the ocean with another kid in the front. On her other arm, the same scene was a nightmare, but that was beside the point. She kinda wanted to see the girl's drawing but it was rude to ask, probably. They didn't even know each other. Well, that was something she could change. "I'm Ashley." Maybe this girl could be a friend. Or an enemy who wouldn't try to kill her, which was similar, sorta.
Miyu nodded in agreement that yes, drawing was cool. She unfolded it and passed it to her. "Ashley. I'm Miyu. I think I've seen you around Hogwarts...I think. I've been wrong before, though." She shrugged coolly and glanced around them. It was pretty busy, but not in this part of the alley surprisingly enough.

She tucked some of her jet-black hair behind her ears. Miyu had always had shorter hair, but recently she thought it made her look like a child. So she was growing it out, and she found that she quite liked it. There was more she could do with it even if she wasn't one to fool with her hair too much. Perhaps it had something to do with Grayson, too....but she would hardly voice that aloud.

"I'm a Slytherin. Going to be a fourth year. How about you?"

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 12-21-2020, 05:27 PM   #136 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Miyu nodded in agreement that yes, drawing was cool. She unfolded it and passed it to her. "Ashley. I'm Miyu. I think I've seen you around Hogwarts...I think. I've been wrong before, though." She shrugged coolly and glanced around them. It was pretty busy, but not in this part of the alley surprisingly enough.

She tucked some of her jet-black hair behind her ears. Miyu had always had shorter hair, but recently she thought it made her look like a child. So she was growing it out, and she found that she quite liked it. There was more she could do with it even if she wasn't one to fool with her hair too much. Perhaps it had something to do with Grayson, too....but she would hardly voice that aloud.

"I'm a Slytherin. Going to be a fourth year. How about you?"
Ashley blinked in surprise as the girl passed her a drawing of herself, just like that. She just held it in her hand, unsure if the girl was showing or giving it to her. She ran her other hand through her hair, messing it up slightly. Didn't matter. She looked just fine anyway. "You probably have heard of me, or seen me then, since I go to Hogwarts too. If you heard about any possessions or fires or anything, that... was me. A lot of people don't know that though." There was probably a cover up. When you burn a forest down and yell at the headmaster a bunch of times, schools don't really like to talk about that. "I'm, uh, a ravenclaw. Second year. I guess this year I'll be more prepared for the wizarding world." Hopefully. If the girl was paying attention, Ashley's smile got just a little smaller.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #137 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default For Kath's white haired beauty
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

It was Christmas time soon, meaning Rory had off for this month so he left the freezing weather in Denmark to the 1-2 degrees less freezing weather in the UK. He was halfway through his university journey, and even though it had been chaos in his hometown, it was a calm journey in Copenhagen. Aside from some parties, he found himself unwillingly participating in. Dating in university was even harder than in school.

Aside from the rising Neo-Alliance, Rory enjoyed the calm living at his parents' house where his bedroom that used to be shared with Kodee, was now all his. It was both a bliss and a little sad. His siblings have mostly moved out and were now living with their significant others. He was happy for them, but it continued to pose as a pressure on him to quickly catch up to them and to fit in more during family gatherings.

Those thoughts were roaming in his head as he carried his Christmas-y red bags and walked down the street towards the clothes shop. He was doing his Christmas shopping, and Kodee's girlfriend had recently been added to his list. He moved the bags from one hand to another to relieve the blood, losing the smallest bag to the ground in a small puddle of rainwater. His curse was not PG13+ at all as he bent down to pick it up. Coincidentally, it was the one for Kodee.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:02 PM   #138 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default she says to get OUT of here calling her that B word
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
It was Christmas time soon, meaning Rory had off for this month so he left the freezing weather in Denmark to the 1-2 degrees less freezing weather in the UK. He was halfway through his university journey, and even though it had been chaos in his hometown, it was a calm journey in Copenhagen. Aside from some parties, he found himself unwillingly participating in. Dating in university was even harder than in school.

Aside from the rising Neo-Alliance, Rory enjoyed the calm living at his parents' house where his bedroom that used to be shared with Kodee, was now all his. It was both a bliss and a little sad. His siblings have mostly moved out and were now living with their significant others. He was happy for them, but it continued to pose as a pressure on him to quickly catch up to them and to fit in more during family gatherings.

Those thoughts were roaming in his head as he carried his Christmas-y red bags and walked down the street towards the clothes shop. He was doing his Christmas shopping, and Kodee's girlfriend had recently been added to his list. He moved the bags from one hand to another to relieve the blood, losing the smallest bag to the ground in a small puddle of rainwater. His curse was not PG13+ at all as he bent down to pick it up. Coincidentally, it was the one for Kodee.
The time of year was cold for one Valerie Gray. Nothing more, nothing less. Simply embellished cold and she often wrote her own narrative that all these decorations and fat jolly men in red suits with hats were simply that, celebrations of winter rather than about a holiday she did not participate in. Hardly ever one to be in the holiday spirit, she felt even more gloomy this year. There was a general heaviness in the air that was not resulting exclusively from the dread she felt about the indie film she was starring in (she had Jerry to both thank and hate for that) being released in the coming months. There was something else in the air that left a bitter taste on her tongue.

Her business in Diagon Alley had nothing to do with holiday shopping and everything to do with her own indulgences. Tucked against her side was hefty bag from Slug and Jiggers Apothecary, several essentials necessary for her private stock, and another smaller bag of scraps and broken oddments from Cranville Quincey's Magical Junk Shop for her to tinker with and potentially utilize at her stint with a metal charmer tomorrow. Not her favorite among her array of odd jobs but galleons were galleons no matter where you spent them.

She was swiftly moving towards the stairs down to Knockturn Alley, her heavy black combat boots gliding with each stride, her pale violet eyes feel upon the unfortunate form of a man who was picking up a bag from a puddle. Not usually one to speak to others while she was out, and especially not while on an errand, she found herself addressing him nonetheless. "Wait too long administering a Hot Air Charm and the contents will be ruined."

The bag. Whatever was inside the bag. She had performed her civic duty for the day and could now proceed to complete her shopping.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 02-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #139 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

The time of year was cold for one Valerie Gray. Nothing more, nothing less. Simply embellished cold and she often wrote her own narrative that all these decorations and fat jolly men in red suits with hats were simply that, celebrations of winter rather than about a holiday she did not participate in. Hardly ever one to be in the holiday spirit, she felt even more gloomy this year. There was a general heaviness in the air that was not resulting exclusively from the dread she felt about the indie film she was starring in (she had Jerry to both thank and hate for that) being released in the coming months. There was something else in the air that left a bitter taste on her tongue.

Her business in Diagon Alley had nothing to do with holiday shopping and everything to do with her own indulgences. Tucked against her side was hefty bag from Slug and Jiggers Apothecary, several essentials necessary for her private stock, and another smaller bag of scraps and broken oddments from Cranville Quincey's Magical Junk Shop for her to tinker with and potentially utilize at her stint with a metal charmer tomorrow. Not her favourite among her array of odd jobs but galleons were galleons no matter where you spent them.

She was swiftly moving towards the stairs down to Knockturn Alley, her heavy black combat boots gliding with each stride, her pale violet eyes feel upon the unfortunate form of a man who was picking up a bag from a puddle. Not usually one to speak to others while she was out, and especially not while on an errand, she found herself addressing him nonetheless. "Wait too long administering a Hot Air Charm and the contents will be ruined."

The bag. Whatever was inside the bag. She had performed her civic duty for the day and could now proceed to complete her shopping.
Rory's ears picked up the 'advice', the voice not registering in his head so he assumed it was a random old woman indeed providing a young man with verbal assistance. It probably was true, but when his eyes caught sight of the passerby, it wasn't an auntie or a motherly woman (she didn't LOOK like it anyway), instead, it was a sight of absolute beauty. His bottom lip separated from his upper lip as he gazed after her, she seemed to be in a hurry. Not even stopping by to see whether or not he was capable of performing the spell (true, it was a simple one) which was disappointing. He didn't want her to leave so quickly, he wasn't done with looking at her needing assistance.

Was it him being a stalker or was it the artist in him that pushed him to shoulder the bags (except the one that's puddle-watered) and follow the woman. He liked to think it was the artist in him, the colours were drawing him not just on paintings, in streets, on walls, but also from people. Rory was working on incorporating expression of colours to charms, this was an obsession of his since he was in school, and his study was concentrating on that part. And this woman was just... so convenient (no discrimination intended).

While following her, he truly applied the necessary charms to the bag to dry it, and clean the scarves inside the bag. Thank Merlin, it wasn't his Christmas cards' bag.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:10 PM   #140 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default Rory...no XD no no no no no

It truly, truly, was a blessing sometimes that she had never shown a interest in becoming a legilimens. If she had had even the slightest inking as to what he were thinking it would have been a one way trip into the state of being a cockroach. Perhaps a ferret or a songbird if she were feeling generous. Which, at the moment, was more likely but it did not take much to cause the switch to flip.

Being followed and gawked at was easily among those perpetrators of cause and effect.

She had made it no more than ten strides before catching his shadow overlaying her own, causing her to stop and pivot suddenly to face him.

"...what are you doing?" And more importantly why? Did he require assistance wiping that embarrassing gleam in his eyes? She would gladly do so for him.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
Old 02-13-2021, 08:51 AM   #141 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default we're sorry this is just how we feel

Quote:
It truly, truly, was a blessing sometimes that she had never shown a interest in becoming a legilimens. If she had had even the slightest inking as to what he were thinking it would have been a one way trip into the state of being a cockroach. Perhaps a ferret or a songbird if she were feeling generous. Which, at the moment, was more likely but it did not take much to cause the switch to flip.

Being followed and gawked at was easily among those perpetrators of cause and effect.

She had made it no more than ten strides before catching his shadow overlaying her own, causing her to stop and pivot suddenly to face him.

"...what are you doing?" And more importantly why? Did he require assistance wiping that embarrassing gleam in his eyes? She would gladly do so for him.
Rory wasn't an expert stalker/follower/spy which explained why he managed to follow the woman for a few seconds before he was caught. Yet, he stopped in his tracks, surprised.

"Uh," he started trying to find the best answer that would not creep her out. "Sorry, I just... I just wanted... I never said thank you. For the--" he lifted his bag, a small smile forming on his face. "For the tip." The advice, gosh, why did he say tip? That was a stupid word, GAH. "The advice." He added quickly. Oh Merlin, this was a mess.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:49 AM   #142 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default if she turns him into a cockroach I promise she won't smush him XD

No, he was not. It was yet to be determined whether that worked in his favor or against. Though the odds were quickly staking against him and it had little to do with his words and all to do with the manner in which he was seeming to salivate over her with his eyes.

Listening as the words stumbled out of his mouth, Valerie took a moment to pause and push away her usual dismissive tendencies. She had been informed by her manager (had she ever mentioned how much she loathed having one of those?) that she needed to work on having a less prickly public persona for the sake of the success of the film and all those attached to it. Sometimes she hated having sentiment in her heart, it was easier when she lead the solitary life and cared not of external opinions and their butterfly effects.

"...you are welcome," she replied curtly, stoically, obviously finding little flattering in the moment. "...for the illustration of common sense."

She had tried...somewhat.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:16 AM   #143 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default okay thank u, my innocent boy xDD

Quote:
No, he was not. It was yet to be determined whether that worked in his favor or against. Though the odds were quickly staking against him and it had little to do with his words and all to do with the manner in which he was seeming to salivate over her with his eyes.

Listening as the words stumbled out of his mouth, Valerie took a moment to pause and push away her usual dismissive tendencies. She had been informed by her manager (had she ever mentioned how much she loathed having one of those?) that she needed to work on having a less prickly public persona for the sake of the success of the film and all those attached to it. Sometimes she hated having sentiment in her heart, it was easier when she lead the solitary life and cared not of external opinions and their butterfly effects.

"...you are welcome," she replied curtly, stoically, obviously finding little flattering in the moment. "...for the illustration of common sense."

She had tried...somewhat.
Those thoughts that were going in her head would've been so interesting to hear. He would've liked to hear her say and justify them. While she posed for him. If she wanted to. Gah, she looked so inspiring, she should work in entertainment. Rory was so clearly taken by her it didn't need a legilimens to figure it out, maybe you'd need one to figure why.

Rory smiled a little easier at first, but she quickly took that comfort away from him. Was that a dig at him?? It was. He lived with Kodee for far too long to not recognize a subtle dig like this. It had just been so long since he was on this side of the dig. Also, he was definitely not comparing the woman to Kodee, ew, no. His train of thoughts went woohoo sometimes when he didn't speak (which was often). He needed to have a proper conversation for his thoughts to be organized and not... as chaotic and senseless as they were right then.

"I realize it might be a spontaneous reaction for someone who's used to dropping possessions in puddles," he did not plan on sassing the woman he was trying to have pose for him. Nope, not at all. Yet, it came out naturally, with a smile. "I'm quite coordinated in my movements, though. So... like I said, thanks for the help." He was being cheeky at this point, his wide relaxed smile must clue her in on his cheekiness.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:18 AM   #144 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default Rory...I s2g omg RIP XD though small glimmer of hope for you, sir

It had indeed been one and if asked she would have had absolutely no qualms with confirming the suspicion. What she had not anticipated, however, was for him to serve her a piping how plate of backtalk. And it wasn't just the back talk, it was the ease and composure with which he had delivered it - it was a rare and insufferable quality to find in another person. The last of this sort, though she was fairly certain he hardly was aware of it when he did perform it, was David. It implied a certain intellect and she loathed to like that. She hated cheek. The British was notorious for it and she could only tolerate is from an elite few.

This individual was still very much digging himself a hole that she would not mind burying him in.

Pale grey-violet eyes staring daggers at him, she attempted to let the moment pass so she could feel flatfooted in her combat boots instead of on her heels.

"Terrible shame that my flatmate has yet to make the same connection for the betterment of his day to day fiascos." Deflecting and denying without a hint of defensiveness. Jerry was always a good scapegoat for her frustrations and discomforts, especially with his hermit homeless aesthetic. Not to mention Jerry was indignant about listening to any of her advice.

Again, no 'you're welcome' came. On principle.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:20 PM   #145 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default we've given up staying alive after this xD

Quote:
It had indeed been one and if asked she would have had absolutely no qualms with confirming the suspicion. What she had not anticipated, however, was for him to serve her a piping how plate of backtalk. And it wasn't just the back talk, it was the ease and composure with which he had delivered it - it was a rare and insufferable quality to find in another person. The last of this sort, though she was fairly certain he hardly was aware of it when he did perform it, was David. It implied a certain intellect and she loathed to like that. She hated cheek. The British was notorious for it and she could only tolerate is from an elite few.

This individual was still very much digging himself a hole that she would not mind burying him in.

Pale grey-violet eyes staring daggers at him, she attempted to let the moment pass so she could feel flatfooted in her combat boots instead of on her heels.

"Terrible shame that my flatmate has yet to make the same connection for the betterment of his day to day fiascos." Deflecting and denying without a hint of defensiveness. Jerry was always a good scapegoat for her frustrations and discomforts, especially with his hermit homeless aesthetic. Not to mention Jerry was indignant about listening to any of her advice.

Again, no 'you're welcome' came. On principle.
The contrast in their train of thoughts was hilarious because all Rory could think about was how to keep this woman here, interested in talking to him. She was exquisite. Her face, which did not smile or let down its guard yet, looked fierce. The words from her mouth were... odd. Well, not odd, but not at all ordinary or what one would expect from a stranger. Rory noticed how he did not get a 'you're welcome' reply meaning she did not care about his excuse for following her. It was lame, fine, he admitted but was it really not that obvious that he was interested in her?

Her flatmate? Was she... bringing in a third person into the conversation to evade admitting she was, actually, a little clumsy? Should that say something about who she really was? Probably yes, but Rory was not going to delve into that.

"Would you..." he started, almost as if he hadn't heard what she just said. His smile grew a little wider, reaching his brown eyes. ".. would you like to go have some coffee?" Together. It was a normal question normal people asked.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #146 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default i am so glad this is not 16-year-old Valerie omg XD

She was not clumsy in the least and if he required a demonstration she could perhaps offer him one. If she were in the mood. Which most likely meant that there would be no demonstration unless her pride were on the line with stakes that mattered. The only time her agility had faltered had been during the final task of the IMPS where they had been thrust into the African jungles against seemingly genetically modified runespoors. Which made her now miss Levi a fraction and Kyle a considerable amount.

But...all in the hypothetical, considering she had no idea that he was still under the false assumption that she was clumsy. A true fool he was. A true fool.

Her face deadpanned and she nearly gawked at him, because this entitlement on full display here was shocking, but managed once again to reign it in. Save for her eyes which narrowed a little once again as she continued to scrutinize him. Why could he not simply scamper off like most? "No," replies flatly. "I do not drink coffee." A lie, but also at the moment she did not wish to partake in sipping coffee of any variety with anyone.

Old 03-08-2021, 02:28 PM   #147 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default 10 years l8er

Quote:
She was not clumsy in the least and if he required a demonstration she could perhaps offer him one. If she were in the mood. Which most likely meant that there would be no demonstration unless her pride were on the line with stakes that mattered. The only time her agility had faltered had been during the final task of the IMPS where they had been thrust into the African jungles against seemingly genetically modified runespoors. Which made her now miss Levi a fraction and Kyle a considerable amount.

But...all in the hypothetical, considering she had no idea that he was still under the false assumption that she was clumsy. A true fool he was. A true fool.

Her face deadpanned and she nearly gawked at him, because this entitlement on full display here was shocking, but managed once again to reign it in. Save for her eyes which narrowed a little once again as she continued to scrutinize him. Why could he not simply scamper off like most? "No," replies flatly. "I do not drink coffee." A lie, but also at the moment she did not wish to partake in sipping coffee of any variety with anyone.
Rory had no interest in her agility yet and coordination skills, he was only interested in the teasing conversation they were having right now which happened to be triggered by them. Not to mention he would not enjoy knowing how ickle he was when Valerie was conducting adventurous and awesome tasks.

It was amazing how perspectives changed from one person to another. While she thought he was acting out of entitlement, he thought he was being direct and courageous - no, he was just putting himself out there for a chance to get to know her more perhaps. Then ask her if it was alright to use her as a muse for his art. He needed inspiration. The answer was not too rude for a Ravenclaw, so Rory barely nodded slightly. "Tea, then? Cocoa? Cappuccino? Oh, sorry, if you have an urgent appointment, I can wait until you're done." He did stalk interrupt her brisk walking just a moment ago. It was a high chance she was running late on something--or someone. Although... wasn't this the way to Knockturn Alley? He wasn't too knowledgeable about the mapping of the area, but the idea of an urgent appointment in KA wasn't too appealing. Especially not to Kodee Chosen's brother if you know what we mean.

Rory had moved closer to her naturally now that they were having a full-on conversation (yes, this counted as one).
Old 03-09-2021, 01:08 PM   #148 (permalink)

Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default *not 10 years later*

It was always unfortunate, for her, when the other party was naïve and oblivious to her intentions. Though typically few stayed around as long as he was and that was because of this lack of understanding her blunt nuances. Further confirmation that he was, indeed, a fool.

"You are persistent," she noted dryly, which was Valerie speak for 'you are irritating' but she was still making some attempts to reign in her dismissiveness. Especially since her only friends were Jerry (roommate and deadbeat waiting for his big break director), Kyle (long term Ilvermorny friend and a sophisticated scholar), and David (fellow plant and potions enthusiast and Ministry dog). She liked her small circle and insisted that she did not require more connections, but with two of the three showing uncanny ability to get under her skin entirely too easily...she could no longer deny a certain necessity. "No urgent me--- .... what do you think you are doing?" The question came as he moved closer, sufficiently in the 3 foot radius that was her personal bubble unless you were one of the three people previously thought of.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:15 AM   #149 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6

Quote:
It was always unfortunate, for her, when the other party was naïve and oblivious to her intentions. Though typically few stayed around as long as he was and that was because of this lack of understanding her blunt nuances. Further confirmation that he was, indeed, a fool.

"You are persistent," she noted dryly, which was Valerie speak for 'you are irritating' but she was still making some attempts to reign in her dismissiveness. Especially since her only friends were Jerry (roommate and deadbeat waiting for his big break director), Kyle (long term Ilvermorny friend and a sophisticated scholar), and David (fellow plant and potions enthusiast and Ministry dog). She liked her small circle and insisted that she did not require more connections, but with two of the three showing uncanny ability to get under her skin entirely too easily...she could no longer deny a certain necessity. "No urgent me--- .... what do you think you are doing?" The question came as he moved closer, sufficiently in the 3 foot radius that was her personal bubble unless you were one of the three people previously thought of.
UHM. He was not naive, excuse you Val. Maybe a fool, but never naive! But then again, he was unaware of any of those thoughts or conclusions.

Yes. Rory's mouth quirked in a small smile under his ginger beard. He was persistent when he wanted something, but because he was forever compared to Kodee (who was SO annoyingly persistent), he rarely heard the word pinned on him. He was much gentler in his persistence. His small smile didn't falter entirely, but he did freeze in his spot. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just thought it would be easier if we have a conversation standing closer together rather than... having a conversation with the entire street..." Granted, very few passers-by were around but.. it was logical. He didn't see how one would object to that? Unless she was objecting to the entire conversation.

"We can meet after your meeting if you can't miss it." Rory tried taking the conversation back to his main point.