Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 823 users online including...
natethegreat , PhoenixRising , hermionesclone , DonaldReant , Malcolmpaw , Rolandig

8 members
815 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 49: May - August 2018

Term 49: May - August 2018 Term Forty-Nine: A Hoard of Trouble (Sept 2095 - June 2096)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 04-16-2017, 10:01 PM

Default The Wooden Bridge

Banner credit: Suziella

The Wooden Bridge, also known as the Covered Bridge connects the Courtyard to the rest of the Grounds. This rickety bridge has been damaged and repaired many times over and although it looks like it may fall apart and let the students tumble down into the ravine below it probably won’t. That would be highly unlikely... Still, any unusually loud creaking should be reported to the Groundskeeper. Just in case.

The long and narrow bridge has held its own for many, many years and deserves your respect. On your way between the Grounds and the Castle; why don't you stop and admire the view for a moment.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:24 AM   #26 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Gaston smiled as he listened to Patrick talk about farming. He'd often imagined himself packing up and leaving everything behind for a simpler life on the farm, just him, his wife, daughter, and lots of animals to keep them company - and his mother and father, too, if they could ever pry the latter away from his job! He doubted he'd be much use at farming, though, which was one of the main reasons he hadn't actually done it. "That sounds like a fun way to spend time with family," he said. The mention of Patrick's grandparents reminded him of his own childhood and many Sunday dinners at his grandparents' house... until he accidentally injured that child on the playground and they started treating him differently.

He was so lost in the memory that it took him a moment to register Patrick speaking. "It really is the best time," he said, nodding. "I just wish I could get in more family time than I do." It was hard sometimes not being with his wife and daughter, not to mention his parents so far away. It had been nearly a year since he'd seen them! Gaston immediately brightened at the mention of his daughter. "She'll be a year old in December," he replied, beaming. "Here's her picture, if you'd like to see..." He reached into his jacket pocket for a photograph of a smiling baby girl with blue eyes and unruly dark hair held back by a pink bow.
He smiled, it was a great way to spend a summer. Family was one of the most important thing to his parents. It didn't matter that there were nearly eight years between him and his younger older brothers. He was still included in as much as was acceptable for someone in their teens and a wee toddler. He was just glad that he was able to spend time with them on a regular basis. He was worried that here in the next few years he wouldn't be able to go back as often or keep up with his other friends.

Patrick's fingers grasped the picture to look at his daughter. She was a cute little thing, "looks like an extremely happy baby." He thought about his cousins and his friends younger siblings and remembered how frustrating their baby siblings could be sometimes. "I'm sure she keeps life interesting." Kids were loose cannons in most instances, you never knew what they might do.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

DMAC
Dugbog

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hanako “Hana” Staton
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Yves Clement-Hanley
Accidents & Catastrophes
Cats are too adorable ~ But fudge brownies are life.

Hanako needed some fresh air and take some pictures to send to her mother. She doesn't really know how to navigate the 'owl sending mail' kind of thing but her dad did show her how. Unafortunately, she needs a refresher. Maybe someone can show her how some time.

She found herself walking inside the bridge. The floors creaked with each step she makes but it is pretty sturdy. She took her camera out and tried to take pictures of the scenery.

Everything looked beautiful... the school that is. She is enjoying her stay here at Hogwarts. A smile began to form as she scrolled through her camera, "Mom will like them" she said lowly.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default Rylee!
1 of 4 Amigos Don't underestimate me!

Reese looked at his sister and wondered why she would think he'd want to try and learn this transfiguration spell on his own.. She and Rian had, up until he entered Hogwarts, been his teachers and mentors... Nothing had changed as far as that went..

" Of course I wannna work on it with ya, Ry!.. Why would ya think otherwise?", he asked.. He was starting to worry that she might feel a bit left out of his life lately.. He had been spending far more time with The Girls.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Reese!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Rylee noticed right away that he didn't comment at all on the amount of time it might take to learn the spell, which was good. Everyone was different so there was no saying for sure how long it was take him to learn it. Rather what he seemed more focused on was what she had said after that. "I didn't say that you didn't want to or wouldn't want to," she let out a breath. "What I'm saying is that after I teach it to you if you want to practice it when I'm not around too that's fine...calm down..." She couldn't be there helping him learn the spell night and day though she would if she could. If he wanted to practice early in the morning or at night in his dorm before he went to bed then he could. That's what she had meant.

Gently coaxing her dragon down her arm and onto her hand she lowered her onto the grass once more. Pulling out her wand she aimed it at the small Ironbelly, "Finite!" Only when she saw the red light from her wand and the rock that was once her dragon did she return her wand to it's holster.

You are Bread!
Old 05-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default Rylee!

Of course he wouldn't comment on the amount of time it took her to get the spell to work properly... He had trouble with certain spells and just like her he's managed to work them out and practice, practice, practice! Sometimes he'd have to give it up and try working on something else for a while.. But he'd always come back to it.. And eventually, he'd get it.. He and Rylee were very much alike, yet so very different from one another.

" No.. I know.. I was just sayin'.. ", he replied.. His tone was warmer and he held his voice low. " I know ya been feelin' sorta left out of stuff lately.. But I promise.. I'll be sure to ask you along with us more.. Okay?", Reese added as he watched her end the spell and replace her wand into it's holster.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Reese!

Did he really go and say what she thought he had? Rylee lifted an eyebrow in question giving him a calculating look. One that basically said 'What are you even talking about'. When had she ever gave the impression that she felt left out of stuff. If he wanted to hangout with his friends he could, she had her own friends to hang around with too. She didn't need any special treatment or him feeling guilty or anything like that... no. That's not how she did things. If they wanted her around because they liked her or wanted to get to her then okay, sure... but not because he felt bad for leaving her like he had been.

A full minute or more like several had passed before she took notice that she hadn't replied to him. "Yeah, okay." It wasn't what she was thinking in her head but if was what he wanted sure, she would see how long it took him to do this.

"Is there anything else you want to know about Dragonifors or anything else you might want to give a try?" Yup, Rylee Prichard was switching the topic back onto charm casting.

You are Bread!
Old 05-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default Rylee!

Reese hadn't stuttered and he looked right back at her after he had said what he said.. He wasn't blind to how she had been reacting to the fact he had friends that tended to soak up nearly all of his free time at this point and one of which happened to be, who he considered to be the prettiest, most intelligent girl in his year.. And he was in full on crush mode when it came to her too.. So much so, he was certain everyone knew how he felt about that certain someone..

He simply grunted in response.. Like, he wasn't going to be able to feel the edge on her delayed response.. He knew he'd hit a nerve.. Oops!..

" Ya know I'm gonna need ya to give me the history and latin breakdown of the incantation... That way I can focus on the visualization part in more detail.. Is it only done with a stone?.. Or can I use the spell on anything small?", Reesey asked.. He was as thorough as could be when Transfiguration spells were concerned.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Reese!

Rylee refused to even comment on. Flat out refused. If he brought it up again she might very well hex him. She was done with it all, just so completely done. Time and time again they had spoken about it and he wouldn't let it go.

She didn't care if he felt the edge on her response. In fact she hoped he did. Maybe there would be a time when he would feel the same way he was making her feel. When the shoe was on the other foot he wouldn't like it either.

Rylee nodded. "I can get that for you later." Clearly the history of incantations and the like wasn't something she just carried around with her in her back pocket. When it came to proper research and knowing what she was doing she generally was well prepared. The information he was asking for was no doubt up in her dorm room already neatly written down on some parchment and stored away. "You can use other small objects. I normally use a stone since those are easy to find when I'm outside."

You are Bread!
Old 05-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default Rylee!

Reese nodded as she told him she'd get her notes for him later.. " Thanks, Ry.. I really appreciate yur help.. ", he said with a smile.. Really. He did love that she was always willing to share her knowledge with him.. She could've told him to look it all up himself... But, she hadn't..

" So basically, It's non-specific as to what the starting object is?... Do ya think we could try it on a boulder?... ", he asked .. The excitement in his eyes as the wheels in Reese Prichard's brain began to turn.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Reese!

Shoving her hands into the pockets of her jeans, she bounced lightly on the toes of her sneakers. "It's no problem. I tend to keep notes for myself for most things anyhow." If the topic interested her enough to do so that was. She knew she could have made him look the information up himself and maybe others probably would have but she had it all already... not only would it save time just giving it to him but then they could review it together if he wanted to.

"I guess so. From my understanding it simply says 'small objects' are to be used." Rylee looked at the ginger haired boy standing in front of her with that excited gleam in his eyes and she could already see where his thoughts were going. "Where is this headed? What are you suggesting?" she asked with a laugh no doubt curious as to what he was thinking. Thought was she hadn't tried using a boulder she normally went with a small stone and then used Engorgio to enlarge the dragon a bit.

Rylee knew the dragons were much smaller and less powerful than true dragons not to mention they were controlled by whoever was casting the spell but she wasn't sure what Reese was getting at. Though how cool would it be to ride a dragon around the grounds?!

You are Bread!
Old 05-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
He smiled, it was a great way to spend a summer. Family was one of the most important thing to his parents. It didn't matter that there were nearly eight years between him and his younger older brothers. He was still included in as much as was acceptable for someone in their teens and a wee toddler. He was just glad that he was able to spend time with them on a regular basis. He was worried that here in the next few years he wouldn't be able to go back as often or keep up with his other friends.

Patrick's fingers grasped the picture to look at his daughter. She was a cute little thing, "looks like an extremely happy baby." He thought about his cousins and his friends younger siblings and remembered how frustrating their baby siblings could be sometimes. "I'm sure she keeps life interesting." Kids were loose cannons in most instances, you never knew what they might do.
Gaston returned Patrick's smile, and his smile turned into a beam at the mention of his daughter. "She is," he said, nodding. "She's hardly ever cries, mostly when she's hungry or when I have to say goodbye to her." His expression darkened at the thought of Desiree wailing nearly every night after he left her. He chuckled a little to mask the sadness. "She doesn't like sharing me with the students of Hogwarts!" It was too bad for her, though; he wasn't planning on leaving his job any time soon. He knew she'd learn to share him in time.

Patrick's next words got a genuine laugh from him. Well, that was one word for it! "That's a bit of an understatement," he said. "She's a little ball of energy - always into everything! She has a knack for finding things she's not supposed to have... scares me to death sometimes!" His voice trailed off as he realized how much he'd been talking. Merlin, that must've been boring to listen to! "Sorry," he said with a sheepish smile. "Must be the fatherly pride talking." He nervously ran a hand through his hair as he searched for a way to change the subject. "So how has the term gone for you so far?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 06-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection

Quote:
Gaston returned Patrick's smile, and his smile turned into a beam at the mention of his daughter. "She is," he said, nodding. "She's hardly ever cries, mostly when she's hungry or when I have to say goodbye to her." His expression darkened at the thought of Desiree wailing nearly every night after he left her. He chuckled a little to mask the sadness. "She doesn't like sharing me with the students of Hogwarts!" It was too bad for her, though; he wasn't planning on leaving his job any time soon. He knew she'd learn to share him in time.

Patrick's next words got a genuine laugh from him. Well, that was one word for it! "That's a bit of an understatement," he said. "She's a little ball of energy - always into everything! She has a knack for finding things she's not supposed to have... scares me to death sometimes!" His voice trailed off as he realized how much he'd been talking. Merlin, that must've been boring to listen to! "Sorry," he said with a sheepish smile. "Must be the fatherly pride talking." He nervously ran a hand through his hair as he searched for a way to change the subject. "So how has the term gone for you so far?"
With a small laugh, “No worries, I’m sure my parents talk about me a lot too. They usually just wait until I’m around to make it awkward.” he heard the question about the term and had to stop. How was the term actually going? He wasn’t in an OWL or NEWT year, but he absolutely felt like he was behind on everything or just barely making it. But you don’t tell a teacher that. Especially one that you enjoy their class.

“It’s going I guess. I feel like there’s way more now as a third year than there was my first year and I was learning so much the. Although it may just be because its more advanced stuff too.”
He was a tiny bit overwhelmed with what he had to get done for the year but he figured he could do anything and he was happy to actually be a part of the quidditch team again this year.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #38 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Sooo sorry for the delay! RL happened >_<
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
With a small laugh, “No worries, I’m sure my parents talk about me a lot too. They usually just wait until I’m around to make it awkward.” he heard the question about the term and had to stop. How was the term actually going? He wasn’t in an OWL or NEWT year, but he absolutely felt like he was behind on everything or just barely making it. But you don’t tell a teacher that. Especially one that you enjoy their class.

“It’s going I guess. I feel like there’s way more now as a third year than there was my first year and I was learning so much the. Although it may just be because its more advanced stuff too.”
He was a tiny bit overwhelmed with what he had to get done for the year but he figured he could do anything and he was happy to actually be a part of the quidditch team again this year.
Gaston chuckled a little along with Patrick, but what he said made him laugh out loud. "I think all parents are like that," he said with a smile. He knew he would when Desiree got older. He was probably going to be the most embarrassing dad ever! "My mother still brags about me to anyone who'll listen. You should've heard her when I got hired here!" He couldn't help but smile a little at the memory of his mother inviting people over just to tell them her son was a professor. "It doesn't get any less awkward with time!"

His expression changed as he listened to Patrick's answer to the question.
Was he overwhelmed by his studies? The boy knew he could always come to him (or any of the other professors) if he ever needed help with anything, didn't he? "I think it's that way for everybody," he said. "Every year brings a new set of challenges." He remembered all too well his own school days feeling overwhelmed by the demands, both intellectual and emotional, of a new term. Come to think of it, he still felt that way at the start of a new term; it was just a different set of demands now. "But whatever happens, you have plenty of people here to help you."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 06-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection

Quote:
Gaston chuckled a little along with Patrick, but what he said made him laugh out loud. "I think all parents are like that," he said with a smile. He knew he would when Desiree got older. He was probably going to be the most embarrassing dad ever! "My mother still brags about me to anyone who'll listen. You should've heard her when I got hired here!" He couldn't help but smile a little at the memory of his mother inviting people over just to tell them her son was a professor. "It doesn't get any less awkward with time!"

His expression changed as he listened to Patrick's answer to the question.
Was he overwhelmed by his studies? The boy knew he could always come to him (or any of the other professors) if he ever needed help with anything, didn't he? "I think it's that way for everybody," he said. "Every year brings a new set of challenges." He remembered all too well his own school days feeling overwhelmed by the demands, both intellectual and emotional, of a new term. Come to think of it, he still felt that way at the start of a new term; it was just a different set of demands now. "But whatever happens, you have plenty of people here to help you."
With a shrug Patrick grinned. His mama would always likely try and embarrass him, but since he was closer to his mama than his other three siblings he figured that he got way less embarrassment. "I guess that is true. My older brothers still turn a nice shade of pink, and they don't even live at home anymore!" he exclaimed with a chuckle. He figured one day his twin brothers would let her know just how embarrassed they were about her dotting on them.

He listened intently about the new challenges. He did. His friends were great to help him out, his house mates were amazing when it came to ensuring that he passed a subject. He was really glad that he had gotten to know Skylar his first year because he was constantly asking her questions. "That's really true. My friends have been so helpful in this whole journey, and really made Hogwarts feel like home." he really did feel as if he were going to be able to enjoy his next four years. "Are there ever normal year's here though? Seems like something strange is always going on." his brow furrowed with his question.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Default Astronomy Long-Term Assignment #3 - (BEFORE the Inferi)
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

It was just after nightfall, and Maddie found herself walking back out onto the grounds for another Astronomy observation. This would be observation number three, and she still had yet to see any signs of the Northern Lights. Nevertheless, she had her bag full of supplies, just in case she happened to see them and needed to take some notes. She wandered around on the grounds, until she happened to see the wooden bridge in the distance and decided to head there.

Once she got there, she laid out the blanket she'd brought along and sat down on it. She spread out her materials, which included several pieces of parchment and a quill, and then she laid down to look up at the night sky. Seconds turned into minutes as she waited. She sighed. Was this going to be just another useless night out?

Just as she thought that, she started to see a bright green light streak across the sky. "That's it!" she called out, speaking to nobody in particular. She fumbled for her parchment and quill as she kept glancing up in case she missed it. Her gaze moved between the Northern Lights and her parchment as she took her notes.

Quote:
Observations
By: Maddie Kemp
Day: Wednesday, just after nightfall

I decided to do my third observation on the wooden bridge. Seeing as I'd already had two failed observations, I kind of didn't have my hopes up this time. I guess I should have had a little more faith in the night skies, though, because sure enough, this was the night I saw the Northern Lights! I was so excited! I've always been a fan of them, and they certainly didn't disappoint! As I was lying on my blanket looking up at the sky, I saw a streak of green flash across the darkness. They were so bright and beautiful! I watched them for about five solid minutes! They looked like bright green, colorful clouds! I'm so happy I got to have this experience!
Old 07-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
Walking Dead
Puffskein

Under the cover of night, the Inferi inched ever closer to their goal. Several of the creatures made it to the wooden bridge; they paused but a moment, their cloudy lifeless eyes staring down the dark and narrow path ahead. The tall Inferi in the battered Viking helmet led the charge across the bridge with the others tromped along close behind.

The exposed bones of an Inferius’s fingers grabbed one of the pillars holding the roof over the bridge and yanked it down, crushing it into wood chips. Some of its fellows joined in tearing down more pillars as they continued their journey across the bridge. Others ripped up the railing, sending pieces falling into the ravine below. They reached the other side just in time to hear an ominous rumble. Unable to support itself any longer, the roof caved in with a deafening THUD!

All that remained was a huge pile of debris blocking the path. There would be no escape for the humans that way!