sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1197 users online including...
Svetlxfx , Svetlxoy , spiral_star , Vikiesl

4 members
1193 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 46: May - August 2017

Term 46: May - August 2017 Term Forty-Six: Guests from Ilvermorny (Sept 2092 - June 2093)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2016, 04:21 AM

Default Office of Professor Rosalyn Newton

Banner made by MuggleDinosaur

The first thing you notice upon walking inside Professor Newton's office is that the entire back wall is filled with bookcases. These books cover a wide range of topics from history to art and anything in between as she has many interests. Any student is welcome to read from them so long as they take proper care of them. There are also a few muggle paintings scattered around the room. A plate of cookies is always kept on her desk in case any of her visitors get hungry and there is a tea service as well. A couple comfy chairs are situated in front of the desk for students to sit on while they visit.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Tristan hadn't hung out with Rose much, and he knew she was going through a lot right now. So he decided to pay her a visit.

Though sitting at her desk, in her chair, with his feet up on her desk, unannounced,
would probably really make her mad...or make her laugh the only way he could. He felt bad about not visiting her as much as he promised. But with the amount of animals Hogwarts had he really didn't have that much time.

Though, today was going smoothly for him and he actually had a little free time. So here he is! Hopefully Rose would be here soon, otherwise she might find him asleep at her desk instead of smirking at her.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Sometimes it seemed as if she had never ending piles of marking. Maybe that was partly her fault because she slacked off a bit at times. Yes, that was definitely her fault. No matter, because Rosalyn had decided to take a bit of a break from being in her office and had a nice snack in the kitchens. The house elves were always lovely and eating their food and chatting with them was one of the things that made her happy.

Sadly it was time for her to get back to work.

Opening her office door, she was surprised to see someone had come in before her. Someone who so happened to be one of her bestest friends. "Looks like you've made yourself at home," she said with a smile not missing a beat. "Would you like a snack while you sit at my desk?" She might be sounding as if she was bothered, but really Rose was more amused than anything else. Tristan would get that. Really she was just happy to be spending time with him because it felt as if it had been ages.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Tristan grinned at her comment and complete lack of surprise at seeing him sitting at her desk like this. He patted his flat stomach with a grin, "Ah, no thank you. I just had a very hearty meal in my Hut." Because he couldn't sit in The Great Hall anymore thanks to a certain second year Gryffindor who drove him nuts.

He quickly pulled his feet off of Rose's desk, "Would you like your chair back? I figured you wouldn't mind me sitting her until you got back." He tried to conceal a grin. He know how particular Rose could be about her stuff.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Eyebrow raise.

"So you're still avoiding the Great Hall. That would explain why I haven't seen you there during any of the meal times." And here she had thought that he was just eating at different times from her. Really the whole issue was rather funny in her opinion. Students were absolutely wonderful even if they could be loud and outspoken among other things; yep, she loved them all.

With a sigh of relief she watched him take his feet off of her desk. Who knew where those things had been? Clearly they were dirty and had any number of things from the barnyard on them. Not that she didn't like creatures - because she DID - but she didn't want traces of them in her office. Her sanctuary. "Thank you for the kindness, Tristan, but yes. I really would like my chair back." Amused head shake.

She was not going to let the dirt or the fact that he was in her chair get to her. Nope.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Tristan shrugged. "Well, having a student be explicitly rude and very nosy kinda ruins the calm of the Great Hall for you." Don't get him wrong, he loves his students, but that girl really bothered him. She was really luck he hadn't taken points from her that day. He was rather close to doing so and decided to leave the situation instead. Hopefully, she got the clue and would leave him alone. But he kinda doubted it.

He nodded with a smirk, and moved from her chair, cleaning the bits of dirt off of her desk with a flick of his wand. "As you wish, my darling Rose." He bowed with a chuckle, and moved to the chair across from her desk. He wanted to ask her so many things. But he wasn't completely sure how to start.

"So....how are things?" Very smooth, Tristan. Smooth.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Huh. Rosalyn supposed that Tristan was right about that. It was hard for her to say since there hadn't exactly been an abundance of students being rude to her; in her experience of teaching at Hogwarts there had only been one or two who could be said to fit that bill. "I suppose. But I am sure that they feel bad about it." Or maybe not. Still, she wanted to give the students the benefit of the doubt, which is something that she always tried to do as much as possible.

It was a relief to see him clean off her desk just because he was one to work with creatures, and she sighed happily as she sunk into her chair. Rosalyn snorted as he bowed to her, amused by the display and the fact that he had called her 'darling Rose'. "Things are pretty well. How are they with you?" As she spoke, she reached into her drawer and pulled out a bar of Honeydukes chocolate. Since Tristan had eaten recently, she didn't need to feel bad about not offering any.

This was her chocolate.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

Kitty put away the TIME magazine she'd been reading when Professor Newton came by. "Hey Professor," she replied cheerfully. "I didn't mind waiting. It was a nice magazine."

She followed her into the office and moved to sit in one of the comfortable looking chairs. First she'd wait for an invitation.

"I was just passing by and decided to visit," she said truthfully, since she didn't really have anything in particular she wanted to talk about. "Hope I'm not in the way of anything."
Old 07-11-2017, 04:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
Default Separate timeline from Tristan. ^_^

It was nice to know that Kitty didn't mind waiting. Hopefully the girl hadn't been here for TOO long, and really she probably hadn't... Rosalyn hadn't exactly been in the staff room for very long. "Well, I am glad to hear that you had something to keep you entertained while waiting," she said as she closed the door behind Kitty and then took a seat at her desk.

Oh, it was a social visit! How lovely!

Rosalyn smiled. "Of course not. I do enjoy casual visits. Would you like a snack? Something to drink?" There were lots of different things up to offer her students since everyone had different tastes.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post
Huh. Rosalyn supposed that Tristan was right about that. It was hard for her to say since there hadn't exactly been an abundance of students being rude to her; in her experience of teaching at Hogwarts there had only been one or two who could be said to fit that bill. "I suppose. But I am sure that they feel bad about it." Or maybe not. Still, she wanted to give the students the benefit of the doubt, which is something that she always tried to do as much as possible.

It was a relief to see him clean off her desk just because he was one to work with creatures, and she sighed happily as she sunk into her chair. Rosalyn snorted as he bowed to her, amused by the display and the fact that he had called her 'darling Rose'. "Things are pretty well. How are they with you?" As she spoke, she reached into her drawer and pulled out a bar of Honeydukes chocolate. Since Tristan had eaten recently, she didn't need to feel bad about not offering any.

This was her chocolate.
Tristan snorted. That kid did not feel bad. She was deliberately doing it on purpose. He really should have taken points from her. "I highly doubt it, and don't get me wrong, I love our students here, but she just was bafflingly rude for a second year. But, as I said before, I should have probably taken points from her. I was just so surprised at the rudeness, I just left the situation in a very stylish fashion." He said with a smirk. Ash made everything stylish.

Watching as Rose pulled the chocolate out of her desk, he had a feeling she wasn't being quiet honest about how she was doing. "I'm doing great. Busy as ever with all the creature keeping," he said with a smile, "but otherwise I am good." He paused to watch her open the chocolate. "Rose," he leaned in closer to her, "are you sure you're ok?" She was talking to one of the people that knew her best in this world, even if they hadn't seen each other in a long time before ending up working together here at Hogwarts.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Some people might think that Rosalyn was too soft when it came to students, but that was something that she was completely fine with. She would rather be nice and loving towards them than a mean and miserable grouch. Err, not to say that Tristan was one or anything. "Yes, that certainly WAS rude of Zoryn, but maybe she was having a bad day." It was surprising to think that anyone could be so mean without being grouchy. "You do everything in a stylish fashion." Despite the fact that she laughed when she said that, it was rather true.

"Not surprised by that. You know I am kind of regretting not doing that infant creature thing, but I just didn't think I'd have time for that on top of everything else I need to do." Breaking off a bit of chocolate, she sighed. How was it that he always knew when she wasn't being completely honest? Maybe Rosalyn was more transparent than she imagined herself to be. Or maybe her best friends just knew her too well. Because they ALL knew when she wasn't being completely truthful. "It's just stuff going on with Gaston and we don't really talk very much anymore..." But she wasn't going to bother Tristan with all her problems. Nope. Intstead she was going to eat this chocolate.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Tristan raised his eyebrow and gave her an incredulous look. "Zoryn was pretending to be a journalist, and asking pretty rude questions that were really none of her business. She was even happy asking me the questions thinking it was okay to ask those things. So I doubt it was because she was having a bad day." He paused and grinned at her last comment. "I do, don't I?" He said with a chuckle.

"That's okay. I know how busy we Professors are. I was amazed that Camilla and Gaston even had time to do it." Maybe he shouldn't have brought him up, but he knew something was going on. Thank goodness she had finally decided to actually tell him what was wrong with her. He knew it had something to do with him. He pulled his chair closer to the table, and grabbed her hand. "Rosie what's going on? You know you can tell me. Why aren't you talking, I thought you two were in love and engaged?" Seriously, what was going on. He hated to see her this way. The sadness clung to her like a static filled sock.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

...That was true.

Rosalyn knew that Zoryn could be a handful and then some, but she still had a fondness for the girl. She definitely had spunk. Ökay, okay. You're right. But you know me, I always have a soft spot when it comes to students." Rosalyn loved them all and knew that even if some could be rather rude they were still good people. Teenagers and preteens could be quite the handful; she herself could be more trouble than it was worth during her Hogwarts days. "You've been stylish since before you met me." And they have known each other for a long time.

Thankfully he wasn't bothered that she hadn't taken part in the infant creatures assignment. Okay, she had known that he wouldn't be, but still had felt a bit guilty. Rosalyn was being silly and she knew it. "I was amazed too, but I think it's a good way to keep Gaston distracted." Cami... Well, Cami always seemed able to make times for things. It was amazing really. "We are, it's just that his dad doesn't really like me and he doesn't approve." Now he and Gaston weren't talking. "It's just best if we focus on the students during term." Of course that's what they always did. While at Hogwarts teaching ALWAYS came first. That was the way that it should be, and she was happy to do it.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Tristan smiled. She did have a soft spot for her students, and children in general. It was one of the things that made her so special to him. "That you do, and sometimes it backfires on you, but the students really like you, I think." He said with a wink and a grin. He chuckled at her next statement. That was pretty true, "I don't know. I think you helped make me a little more stylish." He ran a hand through his golden locks, grinning at her.

Tristan nodded in agreement. "Yes, having something to do is usually a very good distraction." But what did he need a distraction from? Soon enough it was revealed. How could anyone disapprove of Rosalyn Newton, the most lovable creature on this planet? He made sure to not repeat what his mind was thinking. "That is crazy, and shouldn't sway him so easily." He was about to continue with an 'If I were him' statement but refrained. He didn't know Gaston all that well and didn't know the situation so he couldn't say that. "Is it though? You don't talk...at all. I never see you two together. It has to be maddening." He knew he couldn't handle it...

Old 07-29-2017, 03:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

What Tristan said made Rosalyn smiled. She really did want the students to like her. "I hope so. I think that they do since I try to be nice to them." Okay, it wasn't really trying since everything she did was in her nature, but she hoped that he would understand what she had meant by that. She laughed. "You mean with my amazing advice to you and all that?" It had definitely helped him out in the long run, hadn't it?

Siiiiigh. It felt nice to talk to someone about this, but that didn't make it easy. Rosalyn still struggled with sharing her feelings at times though she WAS getting better. Sort of. "He doesn't have the greatest relationship with his father, and this just made it worse. Well, apparently I am using him." At least as far as Raoul was concerned. That had hurt, but she was more concerned with Gaston's feelings than her own; he always felt things so deeply. That was just his nature. "Honestly we haven't seen each other properly since Valentine's Day," she admitted.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Tristan smiled. He loved how much she loved their students. She was such a wonderful Professor. "I am sure they do. They would be crazy not to like you." He said with a grin and wink. With her next comment though, he was chuckling. She had given him a lot of advice in the past...good and bad, but mostly good. "Exactly that. Where would I be without you?" He said fluttering his eyelashes and grinning.

Anger flashed in Tristan's eyes. How dare his father think or say that about her. It was absolutely untrue. Rose was the most wonderful person he had ever known. "What a complete and utter jerk! How dare he think that about you! He obviously hasn't tried to get to know you at all." He had a few other choice words but it would be better if he didn't say them. When he heard that she hadn't really seen Gaston since Valentine's Day his eyes popped open in surprise. "Well, that is unfortunate. I am sure Gaston is very confused and hurt about all of this. But it won't be good for your relationship to keep going on like this." He hated how sad his best friend was. She didn't deserve to be treated this way, but couldn't blame Gaston. He didn't deserve this either.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Oh gosh. Tristan was way too kind. Then again he was her best friend. This was the kind of thing that best friends did for each other... when they weren't giving each other a hard time. Rosalyn snorted at the wink. "Well, obviously. I am pretty flawless." Joking! She was only joking. Vanity wasn't something that she took a part of usually. "Exactly. And don't you forget it either." Big grin.

It was obvious that he was angry; Rosalyn had expected this to happen which was part of why she had been hesitant to tell him. "No, he hasn't but then I think he feels that I am just like the other girls." Which she wasn't AT ALL. "He is, and he's the very emotional type, so he feels everything so much." Sigh. It just wasn't nice for her to see him this way. She hated it. "Thanks for listening..." She gave him a hug. Surely he wouldn't mind, and really she needed it right now.