sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1090 users online including...

1 members
1089 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 46: May - August 2017

Term 46: May - August 2017 Term Forty-Six: Guests from Ilvermorny (Sept 2092 - June 2093)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 04-18-2017, 11:27 PM

Default Professor Tristan Wayland's Hut

Not too far from the barn, a uniquely shaped hut is just at the edge of the Forbidden Forrest. This is not only Professor Wayland's living quarters, but it is also his office. Outside you will notice tons of wood logs and a fire pit. On the porch there are two lawn chairs. After you knock on the door you may sit and wait there until the professor is ready to see you.

When you enter the hut, you will immediately notice that the downstairs area is the Professor's office. On the walls there are many pictures of Professor Wayland with interesting creatures and different people, including his family members, friends, and mentors from school and previous occupations. There are also diagrams depicting different creatures, pointing out body parts and what they do, as well as information about what they may eat.

There isn't really room for a huge desk, but there is a roll top desk in the back right corner of the room and two comfortable chairs sit next to it. On the left side of the room is a cozy fireplace with a small black leather couch. There is also a 4 foot perch for Professor Wayland's Phoenix, Ash, to sit on; though, sometimes you might find the beautiful bird flying around outside of the Hut or perched on the roof. There are many shelves of different books. Most of the books are about creatures. The rest are a mixture of fiction, Sci-fi, graphic novels, and there might be a romance novel...or two.

Please, knock on the door first! Professor Wayland will be with you as soon as possible!

OOC: There is no waiting area thread, so please just RP your character knocking on the door and wait for Professor Wayland to answer. Also, please don't RP for Ash. You may RP that you SEE him flying around or on the roof, etc., but Ash is a Phoenix and only comes to his master unless, someone shows great loyalty to Professor Wayland.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
That sounded simple enough. Jessa nodded at his words. Sign in and out when she went to the stables. It made sense. How else would he know she had been there to visit? It wasn't asking for much and the young girl was honestly happier to have come to an agreement...though she couldn't have been too relieved. It was the green question, the easiest she'd come here to discuss. Only time would tell about the others.

"Right! Yes! To see if the larger size and the increased feedings would spur it's body into naturally continuing the pattern. Kinda like.....jump starting it and seeing if it'll keep at it." But the results were inconclusive. She hadn't had nearly enough time with Einstein before he was released back into the Greenhouse. She wondered how the little guy was doing now. She'd have to try finding him again to say hello. There was no mistaking the way her face lit up at the mention of fwoopers. Ever since she'd first seen one that day in Diagon Alley three years ago, they had become one of the girl's ultimate fascinations. "I'd like to have one of those one day." How amazing would...that...be....

er......

.....Creature loving Professor say what now?

Jessa blinked a few times, trying to process what the Professor's proposition was really saying. He'd like to know all her experiments? He wanted to choose which she continued? Huh. For several reasons the girl could only stare at the outstretched hand, not offering her own as she'd just done on the matter of points. The hesitation was almost palpable as Jessa tried to find the right words. "I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea Professor." She finally admitted. "I don't think I mind you supervising the creature related experiments but I don't suspect you'd be keen on most of the others. They span a wide variety of aspects of life." So no, she couldn't agree to him seeing and supervising them all. He would thank her if he understood.
Tristan nodded listening to her. It was very intriguing that was for sure. He was definitely amazed at how this young Ravenclaw's mind worked. Rubbing his chin he commented, "Very interesting." He may let her continue that experiment...though he wasn't sure about the engorging part. He smiled at how excited she was at just hearing the word Fwooper. They were really interesting creatures, that was for sure. "Well, maybe one day you will have one." He said with a wink.

Whoops. He wasn't as specific as he should have been. "No, no! I mean just the ones involving animals. Sorry, for not being more specific there." Though he was curious to see her other experiments. "Though it might be a good idea to have some supervision on the others...," Just a thought for her to mull over. He just wanted to make sure she was being safe and didn't get hurt.

------------------- Different Timeline -------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erindipity View Post
Her familiar wasn't able to come to Hogwarts unless THIS GUY was deemed trustworthy. By her. And truth be told, Dora certainly hoped that the man won her trust because she really missed Cherry something awful. It was the worst feeling in the world to have to leave her tarantula every time she came back to school. She figured if ANYONE would understand it would be Professor McHotty.

And well... like she had already thought about this matter... if she deemed him trustworthy she would ask permission to house her baby in the barn at school. Only if she could provide all of the things she needed from home. Mhm.

Pulling her scarf a bit tighter around her neck and squinting up at the roof she paused to admire the Professor's bird. Such a beautiful and majestic thing it was. Ugh. She wished to one day gain the trust and respect of such an amazing creature. But for now... she had some work to do.

Stepping up to the door the Gryffindor knocked a few times and then stood back, smiling up. Maybe she would get lucky and he would sing for her!
Tristan had just taken the first sip of his tea with a knock came at the door. Sighing a little, he stood up, mug in hand and headed towards the door, seeing young Dora just outside. He pushed the door open, and with a smile, "Hello, Dora!" He walked out side of his hut, letting the door shut behind him.

He moved over towards the lawn chairs on the porch and put his hand out, indicating she have a seat. He whistled a little tune and Ash came swooping down to rest on the perch just a few feet away from them. "How may I help you?" He asked with a grin.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.

Last edited by Suziella; 05-23-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:44 AM   #27 (permalink)

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziella View Post

------------------- Different Timeline -------------------

Tristan had just taken the first sip of his tea with a knock came at the door. Sighing a little, he stood up, mug in hand and headed towards the door, seeing young Dora just outside. He pushed the door open, and with a smile, "Hello, Dora!" He walked out side of his hut, letting the door shut behind him.

He moved over towards the lawn chairs on the porch and put his hand out, indicating she have a seat. He whistled a little tune and Ash came swooping down to rest on the perch just a few feet away from them. "How may I help you?" He asked with a grin.
Okay first of all this man needed to stop with that knee buckling smile of his. It was rather distracting. But at least he was friendly, right? "Good day, Professor Wayland!" she said with a shy kind of smile as she directed her attention to the beautiful bird that swooped down and landed on a nearby perch. Man oh man! Ash was a fantastic specimen of a creature. Truly.

Following to a nearby lawn chair the girl perched on the edge of the seat and smiled some more as she met his eyes. "Well sir, I was wondering what your thoughts were on non traditional pets here at Hogwarts. I mean, I know the rules are that they have to be housed in the creatures barn or whatever... but I have had some concerns where my own pet is concerned. I miss her terribly and seeing as she is my familiar I would really love it if she could be here..." Meaning if she decided she could trust the man maybe she would let her beloved Cherry come to Hogwarts while she was here.

IF she decided the man was going to look out for her Cherry that is.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:11 AM   #28 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Tristan nodded listening to her. It was very intriguing that was for sure. He was definitely amazed at how this young Ravenclaw's mind worked. Rubbing his chin he commented, "Very interesting." He may let her continue that experiment...though he wasn't sure about the engorging part. He smiled at how excited she was at just hearing the word Fwooper. They were really interesting creatures, that was for sure. "Well, maybe one day you will have one." He said with a wink.

Whoops. He wasn't as specific as he should have been. "No, no! I mean just the ones involving animals. Sorry, for not being more specific there." Though he was curious to see her other experiments. "Though it might be a good idea to have some supervision on the others...," Just a thought for her to mull over. He just wanted to make sure she was being safe and didn't get hurt.
Seeeee? Even the Professor could admit it was an interesting study, even if he didn't want her continuing. She nodded her agreement, perhaps even more disappointed she would never really know the answer. That was the worst of it for her...knowing that she wouldn't know. Not knowing didn't bother her, not in the beginning. It was when she had to STAY not knowing that it started to wear on her. A wide grin spread across her face at his wink. "I trust I will." She replied. "Derf said he'd work on getting me one, but even if he doesn't I think I could convince my Dad."

And oh, he just meant the creature ones. Oh. Oh. Okay. The girl visibly relaxed into her seat once more, relieved she wouldn't have to go through that fresh hell of embarrassment. "That can be arranged...yeah." Of course now she'd have to review her studies beforehand, release the subjects she was sure he wouldn't approve of and all that. A small task really but so very pricey.

She shook her head slowly but politely. "No thank you, Professor. I'm not sure my subjects would consent to Professor supervision and the additional observation may skew the results--scratch that, they will skew the results." And she couldn't have that. "Humans are funny little things, teenagers more so. I'd rather keep the environment as authentic as possible." He could understand that, yeah?

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Okay first of all this man needed to stop with that knee buckling smile of his. It was rather distracting. But at least he was friendly, right? "Good day, Professor Wayland!" she said with a shy kind of smile as she directed her attention to the beautiful bird that swooped down and landed on a nearby perch. Man oh man! Ash was a fantastic specimen of a creature. Truly.

Following to a nearby lawn chair the girl perched on the edge of the seat and smiled some more as she met his eyes. "Well sir, I was wondering what your thoughts were on non traditional pets here at Hogwarts. I mean, I know the rules are that they have to be housed in the creatures barn or whatever... but I have had some concerns where my own pet is concerned. I miss her terribly and seeing as she is my familiar I would really love it if she could be here..." Meaning if she decided she could trust the man maybe she would let her beloved Cherry come to Hogwarts while she was here.

IF she decided the man was going to look out for her Cherry that is.
Tristan listened to the young woman's predicament about her pet/familiar. He honestly hadn't thought about a student having a Familiar. Though he didn't see a problem with it. Ash leaned down from the short perch he was on and nipped at Tristan's hand. Tristan began gently rubbing the beautiful birds neck feathers, and Ash began to coo softly.

"I don't mind at all. All you really need is permission from myself and the Headmistress. I am usually pretty lenient as long as you ask first, and the Headmistress has agreed with me so far, so I don't think it would be a problem." He paused in thought, "Of course I would take extra care and precautions to make sure no other students bothered your familiar without you present. I know how close of a bond that can be and I wouldn't want anything to harm you familiar." It could be a great hardship if anything happened to the girls familiar.

He paused in thought, wondering what kind of creature her familiar could be. "So...what kind of animal is your familiar?" He asked, exceedingly curious, all the while still rubbing Ash's neck feathers.

Quote:
Seeeee? Even the Professor could admit it was an interesting study, even if he didn't want her continuing. She nodded her agreement, perhaps even more disappointed she would never really know the answer. That was the worst of it for her...knowing that she wouldn't know. Not knowing didn't bother her, not in the beginning. It was when she had to STAY not knowing that it started to wear on her. A wide grin spread across her face at his wink. "I trust I will." She replied. "Derf said he'd work on getting me one, but even if he doesn't I think I could convince my Dad."

And oh, he just meant the creature ones. Oh. Oh. Okay. The girl visibly relaxed into her seat once more, relieved she wouldn't have to go through that fresh hell of embarrassment. "That can be arranged...yeah." Of course now she'd have to review her studies beforehand, release the subjects she was sure he wouldn't approve of and all that. A small task really but so very pricey.

She shook her head slowly but politely. "No thank you, Professor. I'm not sure my subjects would consent to Professor supervision and the additional observation may skew the results--scratch that, they will skew the results." And she couldn't have that. "Humans are funny little things, teenagers more so. I'd rather keep the environment as authentic as possible." He could understand that, yeah?
Tristan smiled at her excitement in possibly owning a Fwooper in the future. They were magnificent creatures, and so incredibly interesting. "Well, you never know, I may be able to pull some strings, when the time comes." He wanted to say 'not until she was older' but obviously that was a given. She needed to learn more about creatures and how to work with them more first. Fwoopers were wonderful, but also dangerous if not handled correctly.

"Good. I look forward to seeing all that you have done." He had a sneaking suspicion he wouldn't see all of her animal experiments. But as long as she released whatever he probably wouldn't approve of...it was fine.

Ok....he really didn't want to know. He hoped it was anthropological experiments and not anything that would alter people permanently. "I don't need to know...nor do I want to. So just....keep it to yourself." He said with a small chuckle.

Now he was really...concerned about this red card. But he asked anyway..."Now, what is on the red card?" He was slightly nervous...but he didn't let it show.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Tristan smiled at her excitement in possibly owning a Fwooper in the future. They were magnificent creatures, and so incredibly interesting. "Well, you never know, I may be able to pull some strings, when the time comes." He wanted to say 'not until she was older' but obviously that was a given. She needed to learn more about creatures and how to work with them more first. Fwoopers were wonderful, but also dangerous if not handled correctly.

"Good. I look forward to seeing all that you have done." He had a sneaking suspicion he wouldn't see all of her animal experiments. But as long as she released whatever he probably wouldn't approve of...it was fine.

Ok....he really didn't want to know. He hoped it was anthropological experiments and not anything that would alter people permanently. "I don't need to know...nor do I want to. So just....keep it to yourself." He said with a small chuckle.

Now he was really...concerned about this red card. But he asked anyway..."Now, what is on the red card?" He was slightly nervous...but he didn't let it show.
"Really???" Jessa was practically at the edge of her seat when he said that, looking up at him with wide blue eyes filled with awe. He would be the perfect person to get her a fwooper, afterall he worked with creatures professionally and...come to think about it....probably had a couple connections in the magizoology world as well.

She nodded when he said he was looking forward to seeing her experiments, belatedly thinking she would simply take Mairwen up on her offer to hide a few things down in the Slytherin dorm. So releasing wouldn't have to be the only option. She'd have to think on it a bit more. "I think you'll like them, Professor. I confess they aren't all groundbreaking or particularly interesting but I think all my experiments are regardless." Others typically did not.

Jessa grinned at him, amused he'd come to his senses before she had to go into further detail of why it wasn't a good idea to have him in on those.

"Actually...." His request for the red card brought her back to the thought she'd had earlier when he mentioned possibly getting her a fwooper. "I've got a bonus question before I get to that one." Because she wasn't so sure the man would remain so chipper when she asked it. "How familiar are you with crossbreeding?"

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Quote:
"Really???" Jessa was practically at the edge of her seat when he said that, looking up at him with wide blue eyes filled with awe. He would be the perfect person to get her a fwooper, afterall he worked with creatures professionally and...come to think about it....probably had a couple connections in the magizoology world as well.

She nodded when he said he was looking forward to seeing her experiments, belatedly thinking she would simply take Mairwen up on her offer to hide a few things down in the Slytherin dorm. So releasing wouldn't have to be the only option. She'd have to think on it a bit more. "I think you'll like them, Professor. I confess they aren't all groundbreaking or particularly interesting but I think all my experiments are regardless." Others typically did not.

Jessa grinned at him, amused he'd come to his senses before she had to go into further detail of why it wasn't a good idea to have him in on those.

"Actually...." His request for the red card brought her back to the thought she'd had earlier when he mentioned possibly getting her a fwooper. "I've got a bonus question before I get to that one." Because she wasn't so sure the man would remain so chipper when she asked it. "How familiar are you with crossbreeding?"
Tristan gave her a big smile. He had a lot of connections and it was very easy for him to get a hold of animals for people that were wanting pets and wanting to properly care for them. "As long as your continue to do things the right way, I may be able to pull some strings make it a graduation present." He gave her a small smile. He knew that was still four terms away for the young third year, but it was something she could look forward to and have a purpose for.

"I am sure they are interesting and will be beneficial to anyone who deems them important." Just hearing her explain her experiment on the lizards was intriguing for him, though he still wished she had thought to talk to him first before going ahead with it. Safety reasons.

Crossbreeding? Oh, boy. "I am very familiar with crossbreeding. I actually had to do it for my degree, so we could see the positive and mostly negative outcomes," he paused for a moment, rubbing his chin, the worry crease between his eyebrows deepening, "Why?" He wasn't sure he was going to like this. But he wanted to hear her out and didn't want to discourage her from asking any questions she may have. But he did feel the subject was far too advanced for her age.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #32 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Tristan gave her a big smile. He had a lot of connections and it was very easy for him to get a hold of animals for people that were wanting pets and wanting to properly care for them. "As long as your continue to do things the right way, I may be able to pull some strings make it a graduation present." He gave her a small smile. He knew that was still four terms away for the young third year, but it was something she could look forward to and have a purpose for.

"I am sure they are interesting and will be beneficial to anyone who deems them important." Just hearing her explain her experiment on the lizards was intriguing for him, though he still wished she had thought to talk to him first before going ahead with it. Safety reasons.

Crossbreeding? Oh, boy. "I am very familiar with crossbreeding. I actually had to do it for my degree, so we could see the positive and mostly negative outcomes," he paused for a moment, rubbing his chin, the worry crease between his eyebrows deepening, "Why?" He wasn't sure he was going to like this. But he wanted to hear her out and didn't want to discourage her from asking any questions she may have. But he did feel the subject was far too advanced for her age.
Aaaaannnd just like that, the smile she wore began to recede. Not by too much of a noticeable degree but her eyes had certainly dimmed at the suggestion the fwooper wouldn't be for another four years. It was like listening to Rooney tell her her dragon plans may have to wait til she was rounding up her studies in University. Sometimes age seemed to be her biggest obstacle when trying to go places and have people take her seriously. "And if I do things even better than the right way? Would you be amenable to letting me have one in my Sixth or Seventh Year? That way, you could monitor me with it, show me everything I need to know and make sure I'm ready to be let out into the world with a fwooper of my own." The practicality of it was what had her giving the suggestion. Could you imagine leaving Hogwarts with a fwooper you'd never taken care of and had no real experience with? And hardly a creature expert just a stroll away from the castle to help? Yikes.

That was always the snag wasn't it? Things being beneficial to those who deemed them important. Her friends didn't consider most--if any of her experiments important. Half the time they ended up asking why she was interested to begin with. Those were truly isolating moments. "Thanks. I think it'll become more appreciated with a change of audience." Even Mairwen who enjoyed helping her with stuff probably didn't think them particularly important, just interesting to conduct.

AND WHAT LUCK, HE DID THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC IN UNIVERSITY!!! Oh wow! Jessa completely missed the growing apprehension coming from the Professor, more interested in the new possibilities. "Because I'd like to make a dragon." She explained. "But not....a big one like the rest. I'm looking more for a hybrid, something smaller...something people won't insist is too dangerous for me to have around." It was still waaaayyyy up in the pipeline of experiments for her but it didn't mean she thought about it any less. "See, my friend and I had plans to visit this dragon reserve my sister's cousin works at and we thought for a minute how nice it'd be to have our own baby dragons, but then she said "they're too dangerous, no one would ever let us"--which she isn't wrong about, but then it got me thinking.....what if...they weren't too big and dangerous?" Jessa thought she would explain her line of thinking before he immediately shot her down because yes, she HAD heard the way he emphasized the 'negatives'.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Aaaaannnd just like that, the smile she wore began to recede. Not by too much of a noticeable degree but her eyes had certainly dimmed at the suggestion the fwooper wouldn't be for another four years. It was like listening to Rooney tell her her dragon plans may have to wait til she was rounding up her studies in University. Sometimes age seemed to be her biggest obstacle when trying to go places and have people take her seriously. "And if I do things even better than the right way? Would you be amenable to letting me have one in my Sixth or Seventh Year? That way, you could monitor me with it, show me everything I need to know and make sure I'm ready to be let out into the world with a fwooper of my own." The practicality of it was what had her giving the suggestion. Could you imagine leaving Hogwarts with a fwooper you'd never taken care of and had no real experience with? And hardly a creature expert just a stroll away from the castle to help? Yikes.

That was always the snag wasn't it? Things being beneficial to those who deemed them important. Her friends didn't consider most--if any of her experiments important. Half the time they ended up asking why she was interested to begin with. Those were truly isolating moments. "Thanks. I think it'll become more appreciated with a change of audience." Even Mairwen who enjoyed helping her with stuff probably didn't think them particularly important, just interesting to conduct.

AND WHAT LUCK, HE DID THIS PARTICULAR TOPIC IN UNIVERSITY!!! Oh wow! Jessa completely missed the growing apprehension coming from the Professor, more interested in the new possibilities. "Because I'd like to make a dragon." She explained. "But not....a big one like the rest. I'm looking more for a hybrid, something smaller...something people won't insist is too dangerous for me to have around." It was still waaaayyyy up in the pipeline of experiments for her but it didn't mean she thought about it any less. "See, my friend and I had plans to visit this dragon reserve my sister's cousin works at and we thought for a minute how nice it'd be to have our own baby dragons, but then she said "they're too dangerous, no one would ever let us"--which she isn't wrong about, but then it got me thinking.....what if...they weren't too big and dangerous?" Jessa thought she would explain her line of thinking before he immediately shot her down because yes, she HAD heard the way he emphasized the 'negatives'.
That....was actually a very good idea. It would be better for her to gain experience with the creature before she took it home. He hadn't thought of that. "I think that can be arranged." He said with a smile. "As long as you make sure your experimenting is properly done and the creature experiments are supervised by myself, I don't see why that would be a problem at all." He nodded, leaning back in his chair.

"You're welcome, and yes. They will definitely be more appreciated with a different audience. But you never know...your experiments could lead to all sorts of break throughs!" He paused with a smile, "Never give up. Just make sure you do it safely." He had lost too many colleagues to experiments gone bad and he didn't her to get hurt, or worse.

He wanted to hear her out...but the more she talked the more apprehensive he became. There had been so many experiments and crossbreeding done on dragons, yet their genetics always won out. They were still dangerous at any size. Still breathed fired. "Now, down get me wrong, I love that you are so interested in doing that kind of work...but it has been done and tried so many, many times with Dragons. Their DNA is very powerful and they still end up being extremely dangerous no matter what the size." He paused, "I personally don't think there is any possible way to make them less dangerous. I don't say that to crush your dreams, but I want to be honest with you so you understand that going that route...it's just impossible and very, very dangerous. Many witches and wizards have tried and failed and ended up severely burned...or dead." That was also one experiment he lost a school mate on.

Obviously, this had something to do with her red card question, which made him even more curious as to what it was.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:51 AM   #34 (permalink)

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Tristan listened to the young woman's predicament about her pet/familiar. He honestly hadn't thought about a student having a Familiar. Though he didn't see a problem with it. Ash leaned down from the short perch he was on and nipped at Tristan's hand. Tristan began gently rubbing the beautiful birds neck feathers, and Ash began to coo softly.

"I don't mind at all. All you really need is permission from myself and the Headmistress. I am usually pretty lenient as long as you ask first, and the Headmistress has agreed with me so far, so I don't think it would be a problem." He paused in thought, "Of course I would take extra care and precautions to make sure no other students bothered your familiar without you present. I know how close of a bond that can be and I wouldn't want anything to harm you familiar." It could be a great hardship if anything happened to the girls familiar.

He paused in thought, wondering what kind of creature her familiar could be. "So...what kind of animal is your familiar?" He asked, exceedingly curious, all the while still rubbing Ash's neck feathers.
Well some people had a very specific view on what a familiar was. Dora didn't necessarily adhere to those standards. She knew that Cherry wasn't ever going to be big enough to like pass messages for her, but when she told the spider to go find Dominic or Sephira she would totally listen. The creature was far more intelligent than most run of the mill spiders she had seen. Aside from Matilda.

"Could you ask her... if you approve of her coming here? I don't... she scares me a bit." Not that she would openly admit that to most people. And if the professor told anyone she would wholly deny it. And then make it her life's mission to embarrass him.

Not that she thought it would come to that.

"There are two people that have my permission to be around her without me present. In the event that she isn't molting. And she only does that once a year and typically over the summer months." Oh and she had not told him what Cherry was yet. "She's a Mexican red legged tarantula, sir. So you can see why I worry that some people would be afraid of her. Which is ridiculous. She's very gentle and lovely. She likes to hang out in my hair a good bit, too."

"And like... I will feed her and care for her all the time. You wouldn't have to do anything for her." Just in case he didn't care for spiders like most people, ya know.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:45 AM   #35 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Well some people had a very specific view on what a familiar was. Dora didn't necessarily adhere to those standards. She knew that Cherry wasn't ever going to be big enough to like pass messages for her, but when she told the spider to go find Dominic or Sephira she would totally listen. The creature was far more intelligent than most run of the mill spiders she had seen. Aside from Matilda.

"Could you ask her... if you approve of her coming here? I don't... she scares me a bit." Not that she would openly admit that to most people. And if the professor told anyone she would wholly deny it. And then make it her life's mission to embarrass him.

Not that she thought it would come to that.

"There are two people that have my permission to be around her without me present. In the event that she isn't molting. And she only does that once a year and typically over the summer months." Oh and she had not told him what Cherry was yet. "She's a Mexican red legged tarantula, sir. So you can see why I worry that some people would be afraid of her. Which is ridiculous. She's very gentle and lovely. She likes to hang out in my hair a good bit, too."

"And like... I will feed her and care for her all the time. You wouldn't have to do anything for her." Just in case he didn't care for spiders like most people, ya know.
Tristan gave the young woman a small smile at that question. He understood how intimidating their Headmistress could be, or any Headmaster/mistress of any school period. "Of course. I am sure she wont have a problem with it. Generally, if I have already approved it she is good with it, so. No worries there." Her secret was safe with him. Honestly, he was a little scared of Regina himself.

Tristan nodded listening to her, "Well, then just let me know the names and I will make sure they are on the list of people who are allowed to handle her." That was easily done. He always made sure that if there were others allowed to handle the creature, they were on the list. Oh, very interesting familiar. He grinned, "Well, that is a very interesting familiar. Spiders can be very gentle creatures if you are gentle with them. I can't wait to meet her!" He smiled more. He always thought tarantulas were really cool.

"Whatever you feel comfortable with, but I don't mind helping you out. I have worked with many types of spiders, from the Acromantula to the Patu Digua. So no worries there." He grinned and gave the girl a wink. Ash coo'ed a slightly solemn song, and Tristan absentmindedly rubbed the feathers on his neck. Ash wasn't a fan of spiders.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #36 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Wayland
Quote:
That....was actually a very good idea. It would be better for her to gain experience with the creature before she took it home. He hadn't thought of that. "I think that can be arranged." He said with a smile. "As long as you make sure your experimenting is properly done and the creature experiments are supervised by myself, I don't see why that would be a problem at all." He nodded, leaning back in his chair.

"You're welcome, and yes. They will definitely be more appreciated with a different audience. But you never know...your experiments could lead to all sorts of break throughs!" He paused with a smile, "Never give up. Just make sure you do it safely." He had lost too many colleagues to experiments gone bad and he didn't her to get hurt, or worse.

He wanted to hear her out...but the more she talked the more apprehensive he became. There had been so many experiments and crossbreeding done on dragons, yet their genetics always won out. They were still dangerous at any size. Still breathed fired. "Now, down get me wrong, I love that you are so interested in doing that kind of work...but it has been done and tried so many, many times with Dragons. Their DNA is very powerful and they still end up being extremely dangerous no matter what the size." He paused, "I personally don't think there is any possible way to make them less dangerous. I don't say that to crush your dreams, but I want to be honest with you so you understand that going that route...it's just impossible and very, very dangerous. Many witches and wizards have tried and failed and ended up severely burned...or dead." That was also one experiment he lost a school mate on.

Obviously, this had something to do with her red card question, which made him even more curious as to what it was.

"All my experiments are done properly." Not said to interrupt him but rather to assure him. "I try to leave very little room for error when I can, even if it means prepping for the experiment weeks or months in advance." You couldn't rush these things, least of all the experiments that involved people. Had to be very careful with those. "I don't think it'll be a problem." He could supervise her creature studies, the ones she didn't think to be more questionable. It wasn't an issue.

A smile graced the young girl's face at his words of encouragement. "Thanks." She replied. "I do what I can--but even you have to admit that sometimes discoveries involve risk. We can't always remain in a safe zone if we want to make any of the real discoveries out there." Which she fully intended to do one day...just...she didn't know what sort of discovery yet--but it'd happen for sure!

Jessa nodded along as he explained his standpoint on one of her more fond experiments. In the end, he didn't think it was possible at all. Shame that. "I'm not discouraged." She assured him. "The voyagers who roamed the world centuries ago were told it was impossible to find new land because the earth was flat and they would simply fall off it once they got there. Centuries before that, people thought there was no cure for dragon pox and a lot of criminals think it's impossible they'll ever get caught." If you went with what the world said, near everything was impossible. "Things are only impossible until they get done. Reckon you can keep saying it is until the day I present you with one though." The Professor was well within his right to until then.

"But dragons aside, my red card was...well....there's no easy way to say this and I can't make it any nicer but I was wondering whether you'd allow me to feed your phoenix some aging potion to watch him burn--y'know, since you said he already had a burning day some time back and likely won't be due for another one for Merlin knows how long."

Old 06-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Tristan gave the young woman a small smile at that question. He understood how intimidating their Headmistress could be, or any Headmaster/mistress of any school period. "Of course. I am sure she wont have a problem with it. Generally, if I have already approved it she is good with it, so. No worries there." Her secret was safe with him. Honestly, he was a little scared of Regina himself.

Tristan nodded listening to her, "Well, then just let me know the names and I will make sure they are on the list of people who are allowed to handle her." That was easily done. He always made sure that if there were others allowed to handle the creature, they were on the list. Oh, very interesting familiar. He grinned, "Well, that is a very interesting familiar. Spiders can be very gentle creatures if you are gentle with them. I can't wait to meet her!" He smiled more. He always thought tarantulas were really cool.

"Whatever you feel comfortable with, but I don't mind helping you out. I have worked with many types of spiders, from the Acromantula to the Patu Digua. So no worries there." He grinned and gave the girl a wink. Ash coo'ed a slightly solemn song, and Tristan absentmindedly rubbed the feathers on his neck. Ash wasn't a fan of spiders.
Dora had issues with the Headmistress right now... aside from her overall scariness... she was morally opposed to some of the things that had happened during the IMPS and wasn't in any place to go speak to the woman just yet. She was afraid of what her Gryffindor mouth might possibly say. And well, she didn't make it a habit of disrespecting her elders. Dora gave a nod and smile at the man, though. Thankful that he would take care of that aspect of it.

"Sam Tyler and Casper Greenwood. Only them. I don't trust anyone else with her," she said quickly. Possibly too quickly. "She is lovely. I don't doubt that she would urticate to protect me, but she has never been put into a position to have to do so. She is truly one of my best friends... and well don't tell the others, but she IS my best friend I reckon. She never gets mad at me or judges me." And that meant a lot to her. "I am sure she will like you... but don't be offended if she won't come to you. And that is very important. If she doesn't come to you willingly, do not pick her up. Not that I have to tell you that, but still."

WAIT A HOT SECOND. HAD PROFESSOR WAYLAND JUST WINKED AT HER?! Dora felt her cheeks flush beet root red. OMG. OMM. Like what even. He couldn't just DO THAT to people. Dora averted her eyes and cleared her throat a few times before continuing. "Um. Well.. Erm... I like to see how she is going to react to people before I allow them to touch her thuings or her for that matter. Surely...you... OKAY THANKS, PROFESSOR! IGOTTAGOSEEYOULATER!" she said quickly and way too loudly as she turned and legitimately ran away from the winking blonde Greek God.

What was WRONG with her.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:19 AM   #38 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Quote:
"All my experiments are done properly." Not said to interrupt him but rather to assure him. "I try to leave very little room for error when I can, even if it means prepping for the experiment weeks or months in advance." You couldn't rush these things, least of all the experiments that involved people. Had to be very careful with those. "I don't think it'll be a problem." He could supervise her creature studies, the ones she didn't think to be more questionable. It wasn't an issue.

A smile graced the young girl's face at his words of encouragement. "Thanks." She replied. "I do what I can--but even you have to admit that sometimes discoveries involve risk. We can't always remain in a safe zone if we want to make any of the real discoveries out there." Which she fully intended to do one day...just...she didn't know what sort of discovery yet--but it'd happen for sure!

Jessa nodded along as he explained his standpoint on one of her more fond experiments. In the end, he didn't think it was possible at all. Shame that. "I'm not discouraged." She assured him. "The voyagers who roamed the world centuries ago were told it was impossible to find new land because the earth was flat and they would simply fall off it once they got there. Centuries before that, people thought there was no cure for dragon pox and a lot of criminals think it's impossible they'll ever get caught." If you went with what the world said, near everything was impossible. "Things are only impossible until they get done. Reckon you can keep saying it is until the day I present you with one though." The Professor was well within his right to until then.

"But dragons aside, my red card was...well....there's no easy way to say this and I can't make it any nicer but I was wondering whether you'd allow me to feed your phoenix some aging potion to watch him burn--y'know, since you said he already had a burning day some time back and likely won't be due for another one for Merlin knows how long."
Tristan nodded. He was glad that she was making sure she was taking the proper steps to ensure that her experiments were done properly. "Perfect. I can't wait to see your creature experiments." He said with a small smile.

"You're welcome." He said with a smile and a nod. Of course he agreed with her next comment, but his hold back was her age. She was 13 after all. "Of course, but taking risks also become more attainable when you have more experience." He didn't want to down right tell her that she shouldn't take risks at her age. He would be hypocrite if he did. But he also didn't experiments like she was when he was at that age.

Though he didn't like the idea of her trying, he couldn't disagree with her. She did make some very valid points. Though he felt it was pointless for her to try when so many people before her had. He also didn't want her to be disappointed, but disappointment came with life. "Well, I hope you do present me with a non-dangerous Dragon, one day." He said with a small grin.

The red card question surprised him, and actually made him slightly angry.
But he maintained his temper. He was actually glad that Ash happened to be out flying at the moment or he would have asked him to fly away. "I am sorry, Jessa, but that is an absolute and definitive no. I appreciate your...curiosity on the burning process, but I will not force Ash to take a potion that will cause him to age. He would lose trust in me and I would lose his loyalty." He paused at the thought. It physically hurt him to think about doing something like that to Ash, "I have worked too hard to gain it and I will not lose it." He paused again, "And don't get any ideas about sneaking it into anything he may eat or drink. There will be severe consequences if you even attempt. The burning process is very enthralling to watch, but I will not force my Phoenix to endure it just so a student can see it." He didn't say this harshly. He wanted her to understand that, though a process can be interesting, forcing things to happen could turn good situations into bad ones. Hopefully, she would understand.

Quote:
Dora had issues with the Headmistress right now... aside from her overall scariness... she was morally opposed to some of the things that had happened during the IMPS and wasn't in any place to go speak to the woman just yet. She was afraid of what her Gryffindor mouth might possibly say. And well, she didn't make it a habit of disrespecting her elders. Dora gave a nod and smile at the man, though. Thankful that he would take care of that aspect of it.

"Sam Tyler and Casper Greenwood. Only them. I don't trust anyone else with her," she said quickly. Possibly too quickly. "She is lovely. I don't doubt that she would urticate to protect me, but she has never been put into a position to have to do so. She is truly one of my best friends... and well don't tell the others, but she IS my best friend I reckon. She never gets mad at me or judges me." And that meant a lot to her. "I am sure she will like you... but don't be offended if she won't come to you. And that is very important. If she doesn't come to you willingly, do not pick her up. Not that I have to tell you that, but still."

WAIT A HOT SECOND. HAD PROFESSOR WAYLAND JUST WINKED AT HER?! Dora felt her cheeks flush beet root red. OMG. OMM. Like what even. He couldn't just DO THAT to people. Dora averted her eyes and cleared her throat a few times before continuing. "Um. Well.. Erm... I like to see how she is going to react to people before I allow them to touch her thuings or her for that matter. Surely...you... OKAY THANKS, PROFESSOR! IGOTTAGOSEEYOULATER!" she said quickly and way too loudly as she turned and legitimately ran away from the winking blonde Greek God.

What was WRONG with her.
Tristan smiled and listened. "I will make sure that they are on the list to handle her. It's great that you have such a close bond with her. I am glad you have someone to confide in that wont judge you." That was always hard to find, especially in people. "Not to worry. I promise I wont pick her up or touch her if she wont come to me." He grinned. He was happy to see how protective Dora was of her Familiar.

Then suddenly Dora was blushing and running away.

O_______________________o

Had he done something? He hoped he hadn't hurt her feelings. He didn't think anything he had said would make her act this way. He sighed, shaking his head.

"Well Ash, some people just confuse the hell out of me." He said with a chuckle as the majestic bird rubbed his face against Tristant's cheek. He grinned, and stood up, whistling a quick tune. The great bird flew leaped into the air, and landed on Tristan's shoulder. The pair walked inside of the little hut. It was getting close to dinner time for the both of them.

Old 06-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Wayland
Quote:
Tristan nodded. He was glad that she was making sure she was taking the proper steps to ensure that her experiments were done properly. "Perfect. I can't wait to see your creature experiments." He said with a small smile.

"You're welcome." He said with a smile and a nod. Of course he agreed with her next comment, but his hold back was her age. She was 13 after all. "Of course, but taking risks also become more attainable when you have more experience." He didn't want to down right tell her that she shouldn't take risks at her age. He would be hypocrite if he did. But he also didn't experiments like she was when he was at that age.

Though he didn't like the idea of her trying, he couldn't disagree with her. She did make some very valid points. Though he felt it was pointless for her to try when so many people before her had. He also didn't want her to be disappointed, but disappointment came with life. "Well, I hope you do present me with a non-dangerous Dragon, one day." He said with a small grin.

The red card question surprised him, and actually made him slightly angry.
But he maintained his temper. He was actually glad that Ash happened to be out flying at the moment or he would have asked him to fly away. "I am sorry, Jessa, but that is an absolute and definitive no. I appreciate your...curiosity on the burning process, but I will not force Ash to take a potion that will cause him to age. He would lose trust in me and I would lose his loyalty." He paused at the thought. It physically hurt him to think about doing something like that to Ash, "I have worked too hard to gain it and I will not lose it." He paused again, "And don't get any ideas about sneaking it into anything he may eat or drink. There will be severe consequences if you even attempt. The burning process is very enthralling to watch, but I will not force my Phoenix to endure it just so a student can see it." He didn't say this harshly. He wanted her to understand that, though a process can be interesting, forcing things to happen could turn good situations into bad ones. Hopefully, she would understand.

"Not entirely true..." She countered, thinking of at least a few risks that come before experience. "I often find that experience is the death of risk. If you already have some idea of what'll happen and how to counter it, it's no longer a risk, see? Younger students are prone to taking more risks than they're older counterparts who've got a few more years under their belt so until I do, almost every experiment will be a risk for me." And she didn't mind. Being a hands on learner, it was the sort of thing she could definitely get behind.

Risks also kept the experiments interesting, no denying that.

And she would definitely show him a non-dangerous dragon one day. It would take time and research and a whole lot of help from those who've studied them and work with them but she didn't think it was impossible. There weren't many things she considered impossible.

Then they got to talking about Ash and suddenly the Ravenclaw found her brows creasing in nothing shy of horror and confusion. Yes, she understood perfectly what he was saying and naturally would have to accept it without question--because it was his Phoenix and not hers--but that wasn't the part that twisted her features until they resembled that of someone completely stunned and even a little scandalized.

"Do you honestly think I would?" Her voice was faint, only just audible and no more. Jessa had never been a rule breaker, nor had she been a very willful child when it came to the requests of others.....but apparently the Professor had another perception of her? Merlin he must have thought her an absolute monster to think she would go behind his back and feed a phoenix something his master had told her not to. A delinquent. That day in the bathroom must have had him thinking the worst of her--even worse than she thought!

Slowly Jessa slipped off her seat, not sure what to really think anymore. "I'm.....very big on consent when it can be given....if you told me not to....he's your phoenix. I'd have to accept it. I'm not naive enough to think every experiment will work, I know there are roadblocks and I adjust accordingly." Which in this case meant shelfing it until another opportunity somewhere else presented itself. "I'm sorry you think so ill of me, Professor." Her tone took on one that was eerily polite, detached almost. "Thank you for taking the time to listen anyhow. I've...got homework." And should really be going.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:02 AM   #40 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Quote:
"Not entirely true..." She countered, thinking of at least a few risks that come before experience. "I often find that experience is the death of risk. If you already have some idea of what'll happen and how to counter it, it's no longer a risk, see? Younger students are prone to taking more risks than they're older counterparts who've got a few more years under their belt so until I do, almost every experiment will be a risk for me." And she didn't mind. Being a hands on learner, it was the sort of thing she could definitely get behind.

Risks also kept the experiments interesting, no denying that.

And she would definitely show him a non-dangerous dragon one day. It would take time and research and a whole lot of help from those who've studied them and work with them but she didn't think it was impossible. There weren't many things she considered impossible.

Then they got to talking about Ash and suddenly the Ravenclaw found her brows creasing in nothing shy of horror and confusion. Yes, she understood perfectly what he was saying and naturally would have to accept it without question--because it was his Phoenix and not hers--but that wasn't the part that twisted her features until they resembled that of someone completely stunned and even a little scandalized.

"Do you honestly think I would?" Her voice was faint, only just audible and no more. Jessa had never been a rule breaker, nor had she been a very willful child when it came to the requests of others.....but apparently the Professor had another perception of her? Merlin he must have thought her an absolute monster to think she would go behind his back and feed a phoenix something his master had told her not to. A delinquent. That day in the bathroom must have had him thinking the worst of her--even worse than she thought!

Slowly Jessa slipped off her seat, not sure what to really think anymore. "I'm.....very big on consent when it can be given....if you told me not to....he's your phoenix. I'd have to accept it. I'm not naive enough to think every experiment will work, I know there are roadblocks and I adjust accordingly." Which in this case meant shelfing it until another opportunity somewhere else presented itself. "I'm sorry you think so ill of me, Professor." Her tone took on one that was eerily polite, detached almost. "Thank you for taking the time to listen anyhow. I've...got homework." And should really be going.
Tristan could see how she would think that, but he himself, as usual, was quite the opposite. "For most people, yes. I, however, tend to take more risks with more knowledge. But...again. That is just me." He gave her a small grin.

As she spoke...he could see he had hurt her feelings, which wasn't his intention. "Of course not, Jessa....," though it had crossed his mind that she might do that. Oops.

Tristan sighed. He felt horrible for making her feel that way. Though he had to admit first impressions meant a lot to him, and she hadn't made a good one that day in the restroom. "I'm sorry Jessa. I didn't mean to insinuate that you would do something like that. I just know there are a lot of students that would do something like that." And had actually. But that was a story for another day. "Please, forgive me. After talking to you today, I know you are just a very intelligent, and curious girl, and I so appreciate that." He felt horrible for making her feel bad. "Anytime you need to chat or have questions about anything. My door is always open." He said with a small smile. He didn't want her to think he had any ill feelings towards her.

He stood, "Don't forget. Clean the horse stalls for a week and you will get those points back!" He smiled, still feeling guilty for what he had said.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:12 AM   #41 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Lo and behold, Zoryn Amari Spinnet was HERE to bother Professor Wayland make amends.

She even brought him a sandwich. Mr. Kennedy inspired the idea, actually, so all complaints praise should be sent his way.

Approaching the door with a SKIP in her STEP, the Gryffindor picked one of the logs up from around the fire pit and carried it all the way to his door. There were chairs outside, of course, but she wanted to sit RIGHT up in front of the door so that he wouldn't be able to miss her when he answered! And seeing as the man was grumpy without his beauty sleep (a common symptom in those undergoing a midlife crisis), Zoryn knew that he'd probably be taking his sweet time getting the door. So she was actually being VERY considerate.

After knocking a fun little beat on the hut's door (ten knocks on various ends of the door), she sat down on her vertically placed log, elbows resting on her knees and hands cupping her face.

Hopefully Professor W would hurry, the sandwich was probably getting smushed in her robe pocket.

You are Lemon!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:06 AM   #42 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Tristan had been sitting by the fireplace, reading his favorite book, and sipping on his favorite brand of Chai Tea, when he heard a knock at the door. He sighed, it was at a very important part in the story. Luckily he had read this book many times, so he marked his place with a book mark and sat his tea down on the table.

When he saw who was sitting at the door, dread filled him. But...at least he was in a relatively good mood today. He was going to try to be more like Rose...the word TRY being important in that statement.

Tristan walked towards the door, and opened. "Hello, Zoryn. How are you? Come to ask me more completely inappropriate questions?" He said with a small grin.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Tristan had been sitting by the fireplace, reading his favorite book, and sipping on his favorite brand of Chai Tea, when he heard a knock at the door. He sighed, it was at a very important part in the story. Luckily he had read this book many times, so he marked his place with a book mark and sat his tea down on the table.

When he saw who was sitting at the door, dread filled him. But...at least he was in a relatively good mood today. He was going to try to be more like Rose...the word TRY being important in that statement.

Tristan walked towards the door, and opened. "Hello, Zoryn. How are you? Come to ask me more completely inappropriate questions?" He said with a small grin.
Zoryn tried her best not to blink too much. She didn't want Professor W. to think she was sleeping! She had an investigation to run here!!! After what FELT like a lifetime, the door finally opened and Zoryn flashed her Professor a toothy smile. "Hi Sir!" She jumped up from her log and laughed at his joke almost a little mechanically."HA HA HA, that's a good one, Professor," she shook her head.

"Actually, I brought you a sandwich since you dropped yours that one time." She thought it was a good apology gift. Mhm. Despite the fact that she didn't know why she needed to apologize / it was majorly squished at this point. Oops.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out the squished/soggy sandwich and held it out for the man.

It's the thought that counts, right?

You are Lemon!
Old 08-02-2017, 02:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Tristan raised his right eyebrow, gaping at the soggy mess of a sandwich, but only let the look be on his face for a few seconds, before quickly forming a gracious smile. "Ah, well thank you." He took the sandwich from her and set it on the table next to the door. He would definitely be disposing of that later.

"What has brought you to my door, Miss Zoryn?" He asked while crossing his arms, and smiling down at the young Gryffindor. She was literally sitting in the doorway. She had better put that log back before she left. "Would you like to sit in one of the lawn chairs or is this how you would like to converse?" He waved a finger around in a circle indicating their current stance. He would prefer to sit, but whatever she preferred. Plus, he could close the door if he didn't want to talk to her anymore. The thought made him grin.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Tristan raised his right eyebrow, gaping at the soggy mess of a sandwich, but only let the look be on his face for a few seconds, before quickly forming a gracious smile. "Ah, well thank you." He took the sandwich from her and set it on the table next to the door. He would definitely be disposing of that later.

"What has brought you to my door, Miss Zoryn?" He asked while crossing his arms, and smiling down at the young Gryffindor. She was literally sitting in the doorway. She had better put that log back before she left. "Would you like to sit in one of the lawn chairs or is this how you would like to converse?" He waved a finger around in a circle indicating their current stance. He would prefer to sit, but whatever she preferred. Plus, he could close the door if he didn't want to talk to her anymore. The thought made him grin.

"I knew you'd love it," because that's definitely what the look on his face said, Zoryn knew. "You're welcome." Mr. Librarian had given her the idea, he could thank the man later. But right now, Zoryn had an investigation to run.

"I was actually hoping to have a nice chat with you, sir," this was an IMPORTANT matter. The girl popped up from her seat on the log and nodded loads. "Can we go into your office?" She needed to check it out.... Professor Hirsch said that a sign of midlife crisis was extravagant purchases... Maybe she could find some revealing items in his home, y'know?

That...... And it was kinda hard to check his head for gray hairs when he was standing up so tall. Zoryn was kinda hoping that if they went into his office, the man would take a seat. It would really help streamline this investigation.

You are Lemon!