sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1145 users online including...
Ryanov , turiskArtib , Stevendalo

5 members
1140 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 48: January - April 2018

Term 48: January - April 2018 Term Forty-Eight: Flight of the Hawk (Sept 2094 - June 2095)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2017, 10:01 PM

Default The Wooden Bridge

Banner credit: Suziella

The Wooden Bridge, also known as the Covered Bridge connects the Courtyard to the rest of the Grounds. This rickety bridge has been damaged and repaired many times over and although it looks like it may fall apart and let the students tumble down into the ravine below it probably won’t. That would be highly unlikely... Still, any unusually loud creaking should be reported to the Groundskeeper. Just in case.

The long and narrow bridge has held its own for many, many years and deserves your respect. On your way between the Grounds and the Castle; why don't you stop and admire the view for a moment.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
Default Anyone? Anyone.
SUMMER FOREVER

Seventh year.

Etta still couldn’t believe it was her final term. She wasn’t going to be back the next year.. wow. The idea did take some getting used to. Also, it was her NEWTs year so it was back to some serious studying after a very enjoyable summer. Eh. Speaking of, she needed to head to the library later.

A soft sigh escaped through her lips as she walked, casually observing her surroundings. There was no around during this time of day so it was rather quiet except for the bridge making its usual creak-y sounds.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Seventh year.

Etta still couldn’t believe it was her final term. She wasn’t going to be back the next year.. wow. The idea did take some getting used to. Also, it was her NEWTs year so it was back to some serious studying after a very enjoyable summer. Eh. Speaking of, she needed to head to the library later.

A soft sigh escaped through her lips as she walked, casually observing her surroundings. There was no around during this time of day so it was rather quiet except for the bridge making its usual creak-y sounds.

It'd been a good morning for riding and with only a few warm days left before the chill of autumn set in, Jessa fully intended to make use of the time. Wouldn't be too much longer after that the real cold set in and Dexter would have to settle for walking the stables most of the time so best get him to stretch his wings now--and my were they growing strong!!!! The 5th Year could remember when the Aethonan was only a foal and could scarcely flap his wings let alone keep himself in the air. Now he was flying laps around the school if she let him....and if Professor Wayland wasn't around to remind her he wasn't allowed to leave the barn area.

Which reminded her, she needed to have a talk with that man. Dexter was a growing boy, and he was growing rather restless with the same old routines.

Approaching the bridge to head back to the castle, Jessa spotted Etta just ahead. Right now, the older girl looked a little distracted...lost in thought maybe and for a second, the Ravenclaw considered turning around so as not to bother her--but then what if she saw her suddenly turn around and thought she was snubbing her for some Circe forsaken reason? No no, she'd just have to keep walking and hope she wasn't interrupting anything.

"Hey Etta. Considering everything down in the ravine?" She had, and had almost gotten Nat to come find out with her...but that ultimately didn't work out. Ahem.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default *ahem*
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Noon on Saturday, Skylar made her way to the wooden bridge with her Firebolt X-treme. Though she'd spoken to Hattie the day before who apparently hadn't seen her flyers and expressed interest in the broom, the sixth year had already posted the flyers and figured it was only fair to give others a chance to maybe see if her older broom would be a good fit for them. And who knows, if it was popular enough, maybe she'd get more than the three galleons she was asking? Highest bidder and all.

She was going to miss this broom, but with her NEW and PROFESSIONAL TOP-OF-THE-LINE broom, she honestly had no need for a second one, so may as well let another student have it and enjoy it.

Approaching a nice spot on the bridge which might be good for potential firebolt owners to take it for a test fly, she noted the presence of Jessa and Etta and eyed the girls curiously. Were they here her broom auction or just coincidence? "Hey girls, you here to bid on my broom?" They had seen her flyer, right? Or had it been taken down before anyone saw it...

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 01-06-2018, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Noon on Saturday, Skylar made her way to the wooden bridge with her Firebolt X-treme. Though she'd spoken to Hattie the day before who apparently hadn't seen her flyers and expressed interest in the broom, the sixth year had already posted the flyers and figured it was only fair to give others a chance to maybe see if her older broom would be a good fit for them. And who knows, if it was popular enough, maybe she'd get more than the three galleons she was asking? Highest bidder and all.

She was going to miss this broom, but with her NEW and PROFESSIONAL TOP-OF-THE-LINE broom, she honestly had no need for a second one, so may as well let another student have it and enjoy it.

Approaching a nice spot on the bridge which might be good for potential firebolt owners to take it for a test fly, she noted the presence of Jessa and Etta and eyed the girls curiously. Were they here her broom auction or just coincidence? "Hey girls, you here to bid on my broom?" They had seen her flyer, right? Or had it been taken down before anyone saw it...
Scarlett was not really paying attention to her surroundings as she walked along the bridge to the grounds. She was more focused on the coffee she had in her hand. MMMMM. Coffee. It was perfect. Why did she ever think she could get away with just drinking tea? Who was she kidding? Who was ANYONE kidding? Coffee was the real elixir of life.

She passed a group of some younger girls, not paying them much mind, until she heard that Diggory girl pipe up that she was selling her broom. She wasn't sure what exactly made her stop and turn to face the younger girl - she wasn't really in the market to buy a broom. Or at least...she hadn't been...until that very second.

She had never played Quidditch in her life. But they WERE going to be forming teams again. And she had vowed to make her last year at Hogwarts count. So maybe this was...some sort of blessing in disguise?

She paused and then approached her. "Why are you selling it?" she asked her. Weren't the Diggory's like, SUPER great Quidditch players back in the day? Or something? It seemed like everyone's parents were great something or anothers before their kid's got to school...

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 01-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

Scarlett was not really paying attention to her surroundings as she walked along the bridge to the grounds. She was more focused on the coffee she had in her hand. MMMMM. Coffee. It was perfect. Why did she ever think she could get away with just drinking tea? Who was she kidding? Who was ANYONE kidding? Coffee was the real elixir of life.

She passed a group of some younger girls, not paying them much mind, until she heard that Diggory girl pipe up that she was selling her broom. She wasn't sure what exactly made her stop and turn to face the younger girl - she wasn't really in the market to buy a broom. Or at least...she hadn't been...until that very second.

She had never played Quidditch in her life. But they WERE going to be forming teams again. And she had vowed to make her last year at Hogwarts count. So maybe this was...some sort of blessing in disguise?

She paused and then approached her. "Why are you selling it?" she asked her. Weren't the Diggory's like, SUPER great Quidditch players back in the day? Or something? It seemed like everyone's parents were great something or anothers before their kid's got to school...
Ah of course there would be questions about selling her broom. Because it was a perfectly good broom and so from a certain perspective it made ZERO sense to sell it. But on the flip side, why keep a broom when you had two of them? What was she meant to do with two?

Recognizing the girl who asked the inevitable as the Divination WIZ, and older Hufflepuff, whom she hadn't pegged for a flyer but then again, this was the first term quidditch was back in a decade so who was she to judge.

"Oh hey, Scarlett," she greeted, "Because I got a newer model for my birthday and captaincy present over the summer and don't really need two." Really, it was a perfectly logical explanation. Although she kind of felt guilty now about selling it after Hattie's revelations to her, but how was she supposed to predict that the Paton girl would have wanted to play quidditch after years of saying she couldn't.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Old 01-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default For anyone..
1 of 4 Amigos Don't underestimate me!

Miranda made her way out onto the wooden bridge,
letting the cool breeze blow through her blonde locks as she looked out at nothing in particular.. She had thought that this term would be harder without her best friend with her.. She had seriously underestimated the degree of just how difficult it would be..

Everything was changing in the lives of those she was closest to and everyone was moving on.. Life was moving on and for the first time she was realizing just how easy it was to be left by the wayside as time traveled on. She felt the sting of disappointment in herself for not having safeguarded her heart a bit more.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Ah of course there would be questions about selling her broom. Because it was a perfectly good broom and so from a certain perspective it made ZERO sense to sell it. But on the flip side, why keep a broom when you had two of them? What was she meant to do with two?

Recognizing the girl who asked the inevitable as the Divination WIZ, and older Hufflepuff, whom she hadn't pegged for a flyer but then again, this was the first term quidditch was back in a decade so who was she to judge.

"Oh hey, Scarlett," she greeted, "Because I got a newer model for my birthday and captaincy present over the summer and don't really need two." Really, it was a perfectly logical explanation. Although she kind of felt guilty now about selling it after Hattie's revelations to her, but how was she supposed to predict that the Paton girl would have wanted to play quidditch after years of saying she couldn't.
Captain? Oh. Yeah. Look at that. Scarlett's eyes finally found the badge on the younger girl's robes. She was hardly concerned with the badges in other houses, though. She paused and tapped her chin as she thought before nodding her head.

"Yeah, that makes sense. I'm gonna try out and was planning on borrowing my brother's broom - don't get me started on why he's being a chicken and not trying out himself," she grumbled, waving her hand because that was a long story and she didn't want to get into it.

"Um, how much do you want for it?" she asked. It made sense to buy her own broom. Even if she didn't end up making the team, it WAS nicer than Clay's and she could give it to him. He at least did summer camps, so it wasn't like the thing would go to waste.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 01-07-2018, 11:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:

Captain? Oh. Yeah. Look at that. Scarlett's eyes finally found the badge on the younger girl's robes. She was hardly concerned with the badges in other houses, though. She paused and tapped her chin as she thought before nodding her head.

"Yeah, that makes sense. I'm gonna try out and was planning on borrowing my brother's broom - don't get me started on why he's being a chicken and not trying out himself," she grumbled, waving her hand because that was a long story and she didn't want to get into it.

"Um, how much do you want for it?" she asked. It made sense to buy her own broom. Even if she didn't end up making the team, it WAS nicer than Clay's and she could give it to him. He at least did summer camps, so it wasn't like the thing would go to waste.
Noticing the older girl take in the badge on her robes, Skylar wasn't about to say anything because captaincy was new this year. So it might take some getting to used to in terms of seeing four captains around the castle again.

Skylar shrugged; honestly, she didn't get it but some people had their reasons, considering they had no issues playing over the summer. "He's probably got a good reason for not wanting to tryout." Maybe he wanted to focus on school and not be overwhelmed or well, actually she didn't really know Scarlett's brother too well, so who was she to judge.

"Uh... I was thinking like three galleons maybe? But ..." she bit her lip. "... i think Hattie might want it too?" And like, if Scarlett had a broom to use that wasn't the school broom, then maybe she should just sell lend it to Hattie. No offense.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

DoM & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Narcissa Hensley
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emma Ferguson
Law Enforcement
Mysteries

x6 x4
Default You guys XD
Vanessa the Snot Girl l Rachels Rule | rock,tumble,&roll ❆ adorable coffee bean

Hattie was really hoping that Sky would just give her the broom. She was her best friend, and so it made sense. But the hufflepuff also got why Sky wanted to tell it and she had put flyers out of it. But that didn't mean that she couldn't win the auction. She did have some money. She'd sold a few paintings over the summer. Though she had been wanting to try and save the money, she was sure spending a little on a broom wasn't bad. If she got on the team anyway. If not, then eh. She'd see what happened. But for now, she was heading down to the wooden bridge. She just hoped that she wasn't too late. She wanted to see what competition she had for the broom

And it seemed that she came down just in time to hear Sky talking about her. Scarlett clearly wanted it too? Was she a little jealous too? Yes. But fair was fair. She just hoped she would not be willing to pay as much as Hattie was. "I do indeed want it" The blonde mused with a smile. And she had no broom. So it made sense. No chance of her helping the team win games if she was on a school broom. Although that meant she had to make the team, but that was a totally different discussion. "Oh. And Hello" Since it was nice and polite to greet people.

But we want to say. Before we drop the curtain. Nothing is for sure. Nothing is for certain
Old 01-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
It'd been a good morning for riding and with only a few warm days left before the chill of autumn set in, Jessa fully intended to make use of the time. Wouldn't be too much longer after that the real cold set in and Dexter would have to settle for walking the stables most of the time so best get him to stretch his wings now--and my were they growing strong!!!! The 5th Year could remember when the Aethonan was only a foal and could scarcely flap his wings let alone keep himself in the air. Now he was flying laps around the school if she let him....and if Professor Wayland wasn't around to remind her he wasn't allowed to leave the barn area.

Which reminded her, she needed to have a talk with that man. Dexter was a growing boy, and he was growing rather restless with the same old routines.

Approaching the bridge to head back to the castle, Jessa spotted Etta just ahead. Right now, the older girl looked a little distracted...lost in thought maybe and for a second, the Ravenclaw considered turning around so as not to bother her--but then what if she saw her suddenly turn around and thought she was snubbing her for some Circe forsaken reason? No no, she'd just have to keep walking and hope she wasn't interrupting anything.

"Hey Etta. Considering everything down in the ravine?" She had, and had almost gotten Nat to come find out with her...but that ultimately didn't work out. Ahem.
Etta almost jumped at the sound of Jessa’s voice. Woah, okay. Heart still racing, she turned slightly to smile at the younger girl before giving a small shrug of the shoulders. “Not really.” She paused momentarily, wondering why Jessa mentioned the ravine specifically but decided to not ask.. for now, at least. Moving on.

“I just needed some fresh air.” She absently ran her fingers through her hair, curiously side-eyeing Jessa. “What are you ———“ BLINK. Was there a party here that she didn’t know about? The seventh year gave Skylar a look and shook her head.

“No.” Etta was happy with her own broom, thanks very much. “What about you, Jessa?”
Old 01-11-2018, 01:28 AM   #12 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default mentions of Skylar, Scarlett and Hattie
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Etta almost jumped at the sound of Jessa’s voice. Woah, okay. Heart still racing, she turned slightly to smile at the younger girl before giving a small shrug of the shoulders. “Not really.” She paused momentarily, wondering why Jessa mentioned the ravine specifically but decided to not ask.. for now, at least. Moving on.

“I just needed some fresh air.” She absently ran her fingers through her hair, curiously side-eyeing Jessa. “What are you ———“ BLINK. Was there a party here that she didn’t know about? The seventh year gave Skylar a look and shook her head.

“No.” Etta was happy with her own broom, thanks very much. “What about you, Jessa?”
"Yeah, I get that." The whole need for fresh air and all. Jessa didn't step outside as often as the average Hogwartian--save when she had to take care of Aethonan--not when Ravenclaw tower gave you access to the roof and thus the outside. Still, in those exceptional cases where the outside was a must, it was hella relaxing. [b]"Might as well make use of the good weather before the winter chill sets in. [b]"Winter wasn't that far from autumn. They were all drifting towards borrowed time.

From the corner of her eyes, she watched Skylar approach, openly confused by the mention of a broom. Her broom? It was for sale? Much like Etta she would have to refuse. "Nah, I've already got a broom and anyway, I'm not entirely sure I'll even make the team or be any good. No point wasting money on a second broom in that case."

Against the odds, Quidditch managed to become one of the most stressful things of the new term for her and it had entirely everything to do with her inability to stop overthinking every aspect of it. A part of her was still convinced she shouldn't have bothered trying out.

"If they both want it." She said, nodding to Hattie as she approached too. "You could have a proper auction for it. That's how you'll get the best deal." Not by suddenly remembering your friend also wanted it and becoming a little hesitant about another offer on the table. "Did you try out for Quidditch Etta?" All this talk of brooms had her suddenly curious where the Head Girl was concerned.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Hattie and Sky *too lazy to quote LOL*

Scarlett blushed a bit, not realizing that she had actually barged into the middle of a transaction. She'd just overheard her saying she was selling her broom, and had walked in. "Sorry, you should definitely take it, Hattie," she told her the girl with a smile. "I mean, it's Skylar's choice ultimately but...I probably won't even make the team," she chuckled awkwardly.

Scarlett did NOT get awkward very much but, here she was. She knew she had vowed to take more risks this year, but don't be STUPID about it, Reynolds!

"Congrats on the badge, by the way," she added to Skylar with a smile. "I'm excited to see what everyone does with their teams this year," she said, making small talk now.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default mentions of Jessa/Etta ... but leaving post too? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
Hattie was really hoping that Sky would just give her the broom. She was her best friend, and so it made sense. But the hufflepuff also got why Sky wanted to tell it and she had put flyers out of it. But that didn't mean that she couldn't win the auction. She did have some money. She'd sold a few paintings over the summer. Though she had been wanting to try and save the money, she was sure spending a little on a broom wasn't bad. If she got on the team anyway. If not, then eh. She'd see what happened. But for now, she was heading down to the wooden bridge. She just hoped that she wasn't too late. She wanted to see what competition she had for the broom

And it seemed that she came down just in time to hear Sky talking about her. Scarlett clearly wanted it too? Was she a little jealous too? Yes. But fair was fair. She just hoped she would not be willing to pay as much as Hattie was. "I do indeed want it" The blonde mused with a smile. And she had no broom. So it made sense. No chance of her helping the team win games if she was on a school broom. Although that meant she had to make the team, but that was a totally different discussion. "Oh. And Hello" Since it was nice and polite to greet people.
Quote:
Scarlett blushed a bit, not realizing that she had actually barged into the middle of a transaction. She'd just overheard her saying she was selling her broom, and had walked in. "Sorry, you should definitely take it, Hattie," she told her the girl with a smile. "I mean, it's Skylar's choice ultimately but...I probably won't even make the team," she chuckled awkwardly.

Scarlett did NOT get awkward very much but, here she was. She knew she had vowed to take more risks this year, but don't be STUPID about it, Reynolds!

"Congrats on the badge, by the way," she added to Skylar with a smile. "I'm excited to see what everyone does with their teams this year," she said, making small talk now.
Oh, okay, so it was just coincidence that Etta and Jessa were out here. Polite nod at the two girls and she did take Jessa's words into consideration about the auction. Which was her initial intention with selling her broom. But then Hattie had asked her about it. And she was all kinda of conflicted, because did she just give it to Hattie? Or sell it? She wanted to make some money, of course, but then again, it wasn't as if she needed the money.

"You never know, Scarlett." She grinned at the older the girl. "But maybe, let's wait and see what happens with the teams ... and I'll let you both know after tryouts." She would just hold onto this for now. Say her goodbyes to what a good broom the firebolt has been for her.

"Oh and thank you. I'm nervous, but it'll be good. I hope." Really, how could it NOT be good? Quidditch was back for the first time in a decade? So really no matter what happened... they were playing Quidditch. At Hogwarts. Which was amazing in itself.

"Anyway, we'll be in touch, now that I know you're both interested... three galleons, right?"

Old 01-31-2018, 11:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Kye loved these parts of the day... Where she had a break from classes, and a little bit of time before dinner to do... well, whatever she wanted. She was almost caught up with her homework, and felt she deserved a little 'Kye time' to relaaaaaax. She'd stress enough next year to make up for it. She dropped off most of her things in her dorm, taking just a few things in case she felt like reading, writing, or drawing. She decided to get some fresh air, and headed outside.

The year was going... fairly well, in Kye's opinion. She felt like she had done and surpassed what she had told herself she would so far. Although it was definitely exhausting playing extrovert, she was actually having quite a good time! Normally, she would do this whole reflection thing at her spot by the lake, but there was a little too much of a crowd for her right now. Instead she went to her second favorite spot on the grounds: the bridge. Absolutely beautiful view, and it put her in quite a good mood!

Tilting her head, Kye really took in the landscape and decided she wanted to draw it. She was a fair artist, but she knew she wouldn't be able to do this scene justice. Anyone who had been here had to understand that, but she got out some parchment and a Muggle pencil. She liked to use it to scale everything before making the more permanent marks, and she loved that you could use the other side to erase errors without magic. Ah, the Muggles had a few tricks up their sleeves... They were trying anyway. She had to hand them that. She got herself in a position so she could lay the parchment down on the rail and started to lightly draw the outlines.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Kyeee! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post

Kye loved these parts of the day... Where she had a break from classes, and a little bit of time before dinner to do... well, whatever she wanted. She was almost caught up with her homework, and felt she deserved a little 'Kye time' to relaaaaaax. She'd stress enough next year to make up for it. She dropped off most of her things in her dorm, taking just a few things in case she felt like reading, writing, or drawing. She decided to get some fresh air, and headed outside.

The year was going... fairly well, in Kye's opinion. She felt like she had done and surpassed what she had told herself she would so far. Although it was definitely exhausting playing extrovert, she was actually having quite a good time! Normally, she would do this whole reflection thing at her spot by the lake, but there was a little too much of a crowd for her right now. Instead she went to her second favorite spot on the grounds: the bridge. Absolutely beautiful view, and it put her in quite a good mood!

Tilting her head, Kye really took in the landscape and decided she wanted to draw it. She was a fair artist, but she knew she wouldn't be able to do this scene justice. Anyone who had been here had to understand that, but she got out some parchment and a Muggle pencil. She liked to use it to scale everything before making the more permanent marks, and she loved that you could use the other side to erase errors without magic. Ah, the Muggles had a few tricks up their sleeves... They were trying anyway. She had to hand them that. She got herself in a position so she could lay the parchment down on the rail and started to lightly draw the outlines.

Quite a beautiful day outside it was. Kay had nothing in particular to do at that time since she had completed her classes for the day. She had earlier dropped by at the Sewing Room to check on things. Students were working on their term long project and it seemed to be going well for most of them, even of there happened to be shirts or skirts with crooked stitched seams.

The Muggle Studies professor came to the rickety old bridge. Despite it looking as though it might fall apart soon, it had not. As she paused, wondering which part of the Grounds she would visit today, her blue eyes fell upon Valkyrie. Was she sketching something? The way the pencil was moving made it obvious she was not writing a letter.

"Hello, Ms Atwater! Keeping yourself busy?''

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 02-03-2018, 01:42 AM   #17 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Augurey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amatheia Barrington
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Barrington
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux

x2 x7
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Listen sometimes you just got to look down from the Bridge and hock a loogie and see how long it takes to hit the ravine or ground or until you cant see it anymore. It did not take long before Théo was leaning over the bridge doing just that. He was suppose to be on his way to the library to bother his cousin to study since well he could not afford to fail anymore or his mum might pull him out of class.

Which was a major no now that Quidditch was back and he was one of the starting chasers.

Nothing coujld interfere with Quidditch, NOTHING.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:15 AM   #18 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Christianna Rivers
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadine Rivers
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Bellefleur
♡ A heart full of Love l ☾ A night bright as Day l

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh its Erik ok View Post
Listen sometimes you just got to look down from the Bridge and hock a loogie and see how long it takes to hit the ravine or ground or until you cant see it anymore. It did not take long before Théo was leaning over the bridge doing just that. He was suppose to be on his way to the library to bother his cousin to study since well he could not afford to fail anymore or his mum might pull him out of class.

Which was a major no now that Quidditch was back and he was one of the starting chasers.

Nothing coujld interfere with Quidditch, NOTHING.
Maybe she took a wrong turn at one of the corridors, she did NOT know, but somehow Vivian ended up outside of the castle thus leaving her the curiosity to explore new surroundings! Which was really fascinating because she was quickly starting to find new ways around this school!

Upon her findings Vivian came to a wooden bridge she hadn't gotten the chance to see yet and where it lead definitely left the little lioness feeling the need to explore more! Which would probably explain why she was now running as soon as she stepped onto the bridge, determination in her eyes as she proceeded!

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
Old 02-03-2018, 03:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Augurey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amatheia Barrington
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Barrington
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:

x2 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeea View Post
Maybe she took a wrong turn at one of the corridors, she did NOT know, but somehow Vivian ended up outside of the castle thus leaving her the curiosity to explore new surroundings! Which was really fascinating because she was quickly starting to find new ways around this school!

Upon her findings Vivian came to a wooden bridge she hadn't gotten the chance to see yet and where it lead definitely left the little lioness feeling the need to explore more! Which would probably explain why she was now running as soon as she stepped onto the bridge, determination in her eyes as she proceeded!
Would you look at that it actually worked? Théo was more shocked at that then the fact he lost sight of it. Oh well. He debated trying again but thought better of it when he says something not really unusual but not something you see on the bridge since it was old. Someone running.

Interesting.

Also, where is she going?
Old 02-03-2018, 04:04 AM   #20 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Christianna Rivers
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadine Rivers
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Bellefleur
Default 11 year olds and their imagination -__-

Quote:
Would you look at that it actually worked? Théo was more shocked at that then the fact he lost sight of it. Oh well. He debated trying again but thought better of it when he says something not really unusual but not something you see on the bridge since it was old. Someone running.

Interesting.

Also, where is she going?
Vivian had only the end of the bridge in her sights. It was as if she had honed into her tunnel vision. Nothing could sway the brunette's determination, NOTHING! Although she did have to note that this bridge was longer than she was expecting it to be. She had no idea how far she was getting, but that wasn't stopping her! Her eagerness to reach the end was only growing more the longer it took her to reach the end.

Somehow the first year's tunnel vision had expanded wider when her light brown eyes took notice...of an older boy looking at something. But what? Was it her? Was it something behind her?

...Was she being chased?!

Her heart rate rising from the possible chance something was behind her. Maybe it was the creatures that she'd heard about that were snatching young children! Had they run rampant at Hogwarts now? Were they trying to snatch her as well?! All of this sudden newfound panic overwhelmed her and her determination had never felt so vital until now!

But alas, it would be her own feet to betray her as she the end of the bridge and the boy were no longer in her sights. The planks of the bridge were now the only thing she could see as she was tripping over her feet and falling to the floor. Her body rolling for what seemed like forever until she eventually stopped. This was it, she was going to be snatched and taken away!

NOT IF SHE HAD ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!!!

Still lying on her back, she reached into her coat pocket and drew her wand, her eyes shut pointing in the direction she came from before shouting in her high pitched voice,

"I'M READY FOR YOU! DO YOUR WORST!"

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally

Last edited by SweetPeea; 02-03-2018 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Professor Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Quite a beautiful day outside it was. Kay had nothing in particular to do at that time since she had completed her classes for the day. She had earlier dropped by at the Sewing Room to check on things. Students were working on their term long project and it seemed to be going well for most of them, even of there happened to be shirts or skirts with crooked stitched seams.

The Muggle Studies professor came to the rickety old bridge. Despite it looking as though it might fall apart soon, it had not. As she paused, wondering which part of the Grounds she would visit today, her blue eyes fell upon Valkyrie. Was she sketching something? The way the pencil was moving made it obvious she was not writing a letter.

"Hello, Ms Atwater! Keeping yourself busy?''

There was the slight scent of wood in the air, almost like being on a pier. The memory of beach visits with her cousins flashed through her mind, bringing a smile to her face while she sketched. Hearing fast footsteps, Kye looked up and saw the little Gryffindor, likely in her first or second year, running through. This had nothing to do with her, so she went back to her work. Thinking that that was the end of any commotion was definitely a mistake, and Kye had begun to tune the other students out. This explained why Kye was visibly startled when a voice spoke near her... at her even. Kye looked up from her sketch and was surprised to see the Muggle Studies professor looking at her.

"Oh! Good afternoon, Professor... Uhm, yes actually."
Kye wanted to laugh that she had been caught with a pencil by her Muggle Studies professor of all people. She smiled and showed what she had done so far... The outline of the land, the trees basic outlines on one side. It wasn't nearly done of course, but Kye was a stickler for details. "I'm a fan of Muggle art," she added with a shrug. "I like how the pencils work, and it's a whole different ball game than regular art, isn't it?" Kye smiled up at the professor, getting the feeling that she would understand what she meant. "Professor, do you like using any Muggle items in particular?" Kye asked, quite curious.

Last edited by Dokimoto; 02-04-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Kye! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post

There was the slight scent of wood in the air, almost like being on a pier. The memory of beach visits with her cousins flashed through her mind, bringing a smile to her face while she sketched. Hearing fast footsteps, Kye looked up and saw the little Gryffindor, likely in her first or second year, running through. This had nothing to do with her, so she went back to her work. Thinking that that was the end of any commotion was definitely a mistake, and Kye had begun to tune the other students out. This explained why Kye was visibly startled when a voice spoke near her... at her even. Kye looked up from her sketch and was surprised to see the Muggle Studies professor looking at her.

"Oh! Good afternoon, Professor... Uhm, yes actually."
Kye wanted to laugh that she had been caught with a pencil by her Muggle Studies professor of all people. She smiled and showed what she had done so far... The outline of the land, the trees basic outlines on one side. It wasn't nearly done of course, but Kye was a stickler for details. "I'm a fan of Muggle art," she added with a shrug. "I like how the pencils work, and it's a whole different ball game than regular art, isn't it?" Kye smiled up at the professor, getting the feeling that she would understand what she meant. "Professor, do you like using any Muggle items in particular?" Kye asked, quite curious.

"Good afternoon,'' Kay politely but happily returned the greeting. Ah, so the Slytherin was indeed sketching. She peered at what was done so far and was quite impressed. "Fancy being a professional artist later on in life?'' was her question and at the same time remembering a few of her students who had displayed the same talent during her first year as a Professor at Hogwarts. "Muggle art is beyond fascinating. Picasso happens to be one of my favourite artists.

"I certainly agree. Each equipment used has a certain uniqueness be it pencil, pens, paint and even charcoal. Have you ever sketched using charcoal?'' Best objects to use? Kay paused. She had never considered this question. "Actually, I do now that I've thought of it. Rainbow erasers.'' The woman raised her wand then cast the Summoning charm. Because her office was on the first floor, the eraser should get there in no ti- hello! There it was.

The eraser zoomed into her outstretched hand which she showed to Kye. "This one. They're so eye catching and attractive. Regular old stationery happen to be some that I enjoy but aside from those, laptops are at the top of my list.''

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 02-06-2018, 02:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

"Good afternoon,'' Kay politely but happily returned the greeting. Ah, so the Slytherin was indeed sketching. She peered at what was done so far and was quite impressed. "Fancy being a professional artist later on in life?'' was her question and at the same time remembering a few of her students who had displayed the same talent during her first year as a Professor at Hogwarts. "Muggle art is beyond fascinating. Picasso happens to be one of my favourite artists.

"I certainly agree. Each equipment used has a certain uniqueness be it pencil, pens, paint and even charcoal. Have you ever sketched using charcoal?'' Best objects to use? Kay paused. She had never considered this question. "Actually, I do now that I've thought of it. Rainbow erasers.'' The woman raised her wand then cast the Summoning charm. Because her office was on the first floor, the eraser should get there in no ti- hello! There it was.

The eraser zoomed into her outstretched hand which she showed to Kye. "This one. They're so eye catching and attractive. Regular old stationery happen to be some that I enjoy but aside from those, laptops are at the top of my list.''

Kye was embarrassed to say that she had no familiarization with Muggle artists... she could recognize a few pieces, but not well enough to know the artist's style and all. "Thank you," Kye turned a little red. She had never asked for feedback on her art before, and she knew she wasn't terrible, but getting praise from someone besides Dad was a proud moment. "I don't know about professional, but maybe I'll find a way to incorporate it... Otherwise, it'll make a nice hobby!" Making a mental note to look up Picasso later, Kye nodded to this statement. Hmm charcoal? "No I haven't tried that before... Maybe I can get my parents to send me some..." this last part mostly to herself. She hadn't ever really been to an art shop before. She had gotten the pencils from all the times her cousins would leave them when they were kids. She wouldn't even know where to start in the actual stores!

"Rainbow erasers? ..." Kye repeated, unable to help wonder how they worked. Did they turn the paper different colors as you used it? She had quills that changed color, but... Oh good, Professor Stewart had one to show her! She was almost anxious to see it, baffled as to how it worked. Ah yes, computers were an absolutely genius invention! And even with the fear of sounding completely uncultured, Kye couldn't help but ask, "So... how do the colors on this work?"

Old 02-07-2018, 12:32 AM   #24 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Augurey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amatheia Barrington
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Barrington
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:

x2 x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeea View Post
Vivian had only the end of the bridge in her sights. It was as if she had honed into her tunnel vision. Nothing could sway the brunette's determination, NOTHING! Although she did have to note that this bridge was longer than she was expecting it to be. She had no idea how far she was getting, but that wasn't stopping her! Her eagerness to reach the end was only growing more the longer it took her to reach the end.

Somehow the first year's tunnel vision had expanded wider when her light brown eyes took notice...of an older boy looking at something. But what? Was it her? Was it something behind her?

...Was she being chased?!

Her heart rate rising from the possible chance something was behind her. Maybe it was the creatures that she'd heard about that were snatching young children! Had they run rampant at Hogwarts now? Were they trying to snatch her as well?! All of this sudden newfound panic overwhelmed her and her determination had never felt so vital until now!

But alas, it would be her own feet to betray her as she the end of the bridge and the boy were no longer in her sights. The planks of the bridge were now the only thing she could see as she was tripping over her feet and falling to the floor. Her body rolling for what seemed like forever until she eventually stopped. This was it, she was going to be snatched and taken away!

NOT IF SHE HAD ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!!!

Still lying on her back, she reached into her coat pocket and drew her wand, her eyes shut pointing in the direction she came from before shouting in her high pitched voice,

"I'M READY FOR YOU! DO YOUR WORST!"
What was going on right now? Théo was scratching his head wondering which one of them was crazier him or her. First, she wasn't in a hurry and all of sudden she was and wow. She sure took a fall there. See you next fall. Hehehe. Ok he was being to walk over to her to see if it was something he need to be aware of or take her to the Healer.

*.........*

This was not what Théo had in mind.

Now why was she yelling at him and point her wand at him.

"Put your wand away before you hurt yourself"

Tho he didn't want to do anything and be labeled a bully so this was a weird situation.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Christianna Rivers
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadine Rivers
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Bellefleur

Quote:
What was going on right now? Théo was scratching his head wondering which one of them was crazier him or her. First, she wasn't in a hurry and all of sudden she was and wow. She sure took a fall there. See you next fall. Hehehe. Ok he was being to walk over to her to see if it was something he need to be aware of or take her to the Healer.

*.........*

This was not what Théo had in mind.

Now why was she yelling at him and point her wand at him.

"Put your wand away before you hurt yourself"

Tho he didn't want to do anything and be labeled a bully so this was a weird situation.
Her eyes remained shut for a few more moments until she noticed....that nothing was happening.

The only thing that did happen was she could hear the voice of someone telling her to put her wand away and that was when she slowly opened her eyes to see that she was pointing her wand at the boy who was staring earlier before her tumble and not the supposed creature that was pursuing her. She blinked a few times staring at him before quickly whipping her head around to the direction she had come from.

Uhh.......

Vivian slowly lowered her wand tucking it back away before standing up to her feet. She could feel her face reddening from the embarrassment but she tried to act as if everything that just happened...didn't happen.