sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1658 users online including...
fvm , AlbertFug , PhoenixRising

3 members
1655 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 49: May - August 2018

Term 49: May - August 2018 Term Forty-Nine: A Hoard of Trouble (Sept 2095 - June 2096)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2017, 05:22 PM

Default The Reading Lounge

Not far from Kalen's office and the Observatory is a blue door.

Should one open the door they would find a small cozy room filled with comfortable looking chairs. Bookshelves like the wall, and you'll be able to find many Astronomy, Physics and Science books up here. Kalen has personally picked them out and put them up here specifically for any Astronomy minded students.

Should reading not be your thing, one of the walls and part of the ceiling have been enchanted to look like they are glass, so you can see out onto the grounds as well as observe the night sky if you so wish.

This room is usually left unlocked, but Kalen will be checking in every now and then.

Happy reading!
Old 05-06-2018, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Even though Skylar was no longer taking Astronomy lessons for the sake of focusing her energy on subjects that would be more useful towards her future, the seventh year found herself in the tower often enough. For one, Kalen Kennedy was a distant cousin to the boyfriend, which meant he'd be less likely to rat on her for the random snogging sessions. But she wasn't here to snog today, rather here for her other favorite reason on enjoying the Astronomy Tower. That was to say, the small cozy reading lounge.

Okay, so she COULD have just found books in the library, which would have been twenty million times more convenient, but the Astronomy tower provided a much less crowded environment and the seventh year was determined to get some serious focusing time in. Two years ago, she'd already reviewed the entire OWL curriculum twice by September, including making out study schedules for herself and her dormmates. Now, with NEWT year here, she felt vastly under-prepared, having not reviewed any of the curricula. And definitely not have made the proper study schedule. So yes, she was behind, majorly.

Which meant all the focusing was needed, as the slytherin captain took to one of the comfortable seats and figured she'd start with making out a study schedule first.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 05-09-2018, 04:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & DMT
Mooncalf

x2
★ wannabe historian ★ Baekry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Even though Skylar was no longer taking Astronomy lessons for the sake of focusing her energy on subjects that would be more useful towards her future, the seventh year found herself in the tower often enough. For one, Kalen Kennedy was a distant cousin to the boyfriend, which meant he'd be less likely to rat on her for the random snogging sessions. But she wasn't here to snog today, rather here for her other favorite reason on enjoying the Astronomy Tower. That was to say, the small cozy reading lounge.

Okay, so she COULD have just found books in the library, which would have been twenty million times more convenient, but the Astronomy tower provided a much less crowded environment and the seventh year was determined to get some serious focusing time in. Two years ago, she'd already reviewed the entire OWL curriculum twice by September, including making out study schedules for herself and her dormmates. Now, with NEWT year here, she felt vastly under-prepared, having not reviewed any of the curricula. And definitely not have made the proper study schedule. So yes, she was behind, majorly.

Which meant all the focusing was needed, as the slytherin captain took to one of the comfortable seats and figured she'd start with making out a study schedule first.
Notepad in hand, Steph headed up to the Astronomy tower after having a snack, or lunch. Either way, Steph was eating before climbing the stairs that were one day going to give her some pretty muscular legs. Skipping about two steps at a time, the Hufflepuff made it up in no time. Adjusting her light sweater, she made her way into the reading lounge and looked down at her notes. Steph had written down all the books she wanted to borrow, or write things down from before she arrived. But knowing herself, the redhead was going to be here for a while anyway.

Grabbing the top two books from her list, Stephanie sat down somewhere, not realizing there was another person inside. Taking a good look at the girl, she realized it was the Slytherin quidditch captain. Personally, didn't really expect to find her here of all places. Not when tryouts were coming up soon.

Trust me, you don't want it with the female Scarface;
Old 05-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default Open
1 of 4 Amigos Don't underestimate me!

Reese had been told about the Reading room in the astronomy tower and decided he'd go and check it out. It wasn't often lately, that he was on his own, but right now he was..

In he strolled and a tiny audible gasp left his lips as he took in the sight of the bookshelf.. He was pulled in close to it like a tractor beam sucked him into it. His blue eyes were wide as they scanned over the titles that were either stamped or printed on their spines.. After a while of perusing, Reese chose a book and turned to make his way over to a chair situated under the glass ceiling.. Natural light was always best to read by..
Old 05-26-2018, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Default Joining but not claiming. Open to anyone else that wants.
Fluttery Pegasi

Reese had mentioned something about a reading room he heard about in the Astronomy tower. Astronomy, of course that's where it'd be. And also explain why Quinn hadn't discovered it. Astronomy was Reese's thing, not hers. She generally only headed to the Astronomy tower for class and didn't stick around to explore.

After finding it annoyingly hard to focus on her book in the Ravenclaw tower for absolutely no reason she could figure out, Quinn decided to take Reese up on the offer to join him after all.

Book in hand, Quinn swept her eyes quietly over every detail of the room, before finally looking over at Reese. Without a word, she made her way over to him, sat down next to him and leaned against him comfortably. He always made a good pillow. She opened her book and found it surprisingly easier to focus on now.

Last edited by Callie; 05-26-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default His Quinnie!

Reese had become so engrossed in the book he had selected. It's subject matter was on the stars and planetary alignments..It was really intriguing.. How the planets could effect the simplest things that you wouldn't ever think of.. Fascinating stuff indeed!

And then there was his other half leant up against him.. Right where Quinnlin belonged.. It was the best feeling in the world to know he'd found a kindred spirit.. No need for messy words.. Silence was bliss.. Bliss was with Quinn.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Default Her Reese ❤❤
Fluttery Pegasi

She felt him move slightly behind her as she leaned back against him, and looked up with a smile. She didn't need to say anything, and neither did he. Reese was just as content with the silence as she was.

Quinn turned back to reading her book while Reese read his. She was curious what grabbed his attention so strongly, but she'd ask later.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports

After a good long while of absolute silence.. Well, with the exception of the collective sounds of their respirations, anyway.. Reese looked over at Quinn and asked, " Glad ya decided to join me.. "

He was smiling a little as his eyes met hers.. " Wanna snack?.. I've got a cupcake for ya from Cassie.. She made more, but I left 'em in my dorm for later.. ", he added as he marked his page and set his book down.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

"Shhhhh." Quinn held up a finger to simultaneously signal for silence and for Reese to wait just a moment. When she finished the page she was on, she slipped her bookmark into the book and sat up a little with a smile. "I was finding it a little hard to focus on reading alone in the Ravenclaw tower."

She eyed the cupcake for a moment before taking it gingerly from him. "I would, thank you." The mention of Cassie got no real reaction either way. There were the occasional moment it almost seemed like Reese might have a bit of a crush on her, and other moments where it didn't seem that way. She honestly wasn't sure what to make of Cassie, other than she made delicious treats and Quinn trusted Reese enough not to be jealous. Not much anyway. "You'll thank her for me, won't you?"

As she ate the cupcake, offering Reese a bite or two if he wished, Quinn nodded to the book he'd set down. "What are you reading today?"
Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default His Quinnie!

Reese had quieted at her gesture.. Waited patiently for her to slide a bookmark to keep her page.. Her response brought a proud grin to his lips that he didn't even bother to hide any longer.. " It's far easier to read up here.. Isn't it? ", he asked..

He nodded as she asked him to thank Cassie later and he would.. He didn't have a crush per say on the seventh year fellow Hufflepuff.. He just loved that she went out of her way to make him and Rylee as well as their friends the yummiest baked goods he'd ever tasted.

The first year looked down at the book in his hand as Quinn asked what he'd been reading.. " Oh.. Umm.. Heliophysics: Active Stars Their Astrospheres And Impacts On Planetary Environments.. ", he replied as he held up the colourful covered book for her to see. " Fascinatin' stuff in here.. ", he added.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Default Reese ❤❤
Fluttery Pegasi

"More to do with the company than the place, I think." She'd never really had someone to simply read with before, and it was rather nice to have the company she was finding. Especially when said company was Reese.

Quinn finished her cupcake as she listened to Reese talk about his book. In truth, it didn't sound all that fascinating to her. Stars and planets were interesting to look at, but she didn't see how they applied to magic or her life. Honestly, what was the point of it? Still, she liked that it fascinated him, and in the future when she was an author working on her novels, she could always ask him if she needed to know about all that star-stuff for a book. Quinn smiled at Reese.

"Mine's a new book. I copied it over summer, but am now just getting around to it. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar children. It's interesting. There's not really magic in it, but all the characters are gifted with a single magical ability they call 'peculiarities.'"
Old 05-28-2018, 12:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default His Quinnie!

Stars and the planets and the constellations and really anything that existed in outer space had an affect on earthy happenings as simple as the tides and how they flowed.. Which everyone would know follows the Earth's position in correlation to the moon... Or How different star or planetary alignments allowed for different potion or spell work, such as the potion made to become an Animagus.. It needed ingredients that needed to be gathered at certain times or under a certain moon.. AND The largest of stars, Solaris, was needed for photosynthesis.. And responsible, basically, for the survival of every living thing on earth!

" Is that so?.., he asked with a little grin. " I like havin' ya around too, Schmebby."

" Never heard of it.. Maybe once yur finished with it I could copy it into my Fiction Book?", Reesey asked.. It did sound like an interesting read after all.. As it turned out, the books she had copied into it for him were by far his favorites.. Mainly, because he saw himself in those characters.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Default Reese ❤❤
Fluttery Pegasi

Quinn smiled at Reese, her cheeks flushing just slightly. "Good."

And as for the book she was reading. "Of course. But you don't have to wait for me to finish. Whenever you're ready for it." That was how the infinity books worked. You just copied an existing copy of a book into the infinity book, and it was there for you when you wanted, without effecting the original.

Although, she'd never tried copying from one infinity book to another, and wasn't entirely sure it'd work. Honestly, they'd never know until they tried.

She eyed his book again, still curious about what made it so fascinating to him. "Maybe later you can try showing me why astronomy is so fascinating to you?"
Old 05-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default His Quinnie!

Reese couldn't help at all the smiles seeing her blush brought to his face.. He loved when she smiled.. Her eyes lit up and her dimples would show themselves.. Reese had decided the first time that he saw her smiling genuinely, that he do what it took to see that smile again as often as he could.

" I don't mind havin' to wait for ya to finish it, Quinn. ", he replied with a smile. " Yeah!.. Just let me know when yur ready and I can try and explain as best I can.. ", Reese added excitedly.

He was about as happy as he could be right now. He liked that she showed some interest in his interests.. Just as he would always wanna know and learn things about her.. What made her tick..
Old 05-31-2018, 11:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Default Reese ❤
Fluttery Pegasi

Quinn rolled her eyes, still smiling and picked up her book. Honestly, there was no reason at all for them to wait with copying the book over to his, if it even worked. On principle, it should as the enchantment was designed merely to copy the markings of the pages, but you never know with magic sometimes.

"Lovely," she said, smiling again at his excitement. "Perhaps this weekend?" That should give them plenty of free time for him to share his passion of the stars with her without having to break for classes, or homework if they managed their time right.

She held up her hand expectantly. "Now, hand me your book please."
Old 06-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default His Quinnie!

" Yeah.. Alright. That'll work.. I'll get to keep ya to myself.", Reese agreed with a grin, to the plans of telling her and explaining all the things that drew him into the study of the stars and planets and how they could effect or even control magical and mundane things..

Then out came her little hand waiting expectantly for him to hand her his book that was residing in his bag at the moment. " Okay.. Hold on.. It's in my bag, Babe..", he said as he leaned over and rummaged in his bag until he felt the familiar binding in his hand. Out he pulled it and into her awaiting hand he set it..
Old 06-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Default Reese ❤
Fluttery Pegasi

Quinn took the book, smiling. "I don't even know if it's possible to copy from one infinity book to another, so here goes," she said. She tapped her wand to her own book. "Effingo librum."

She frowned. If it was working, it should have looked similar to drawing a memory out of someone's head; a wispy, fluid like tendril that'd follow her wand until she tapped the other book. They would be linked for a moment, as a copy of the original book flowed into the infinity book.

But there wasn't any tendril, or anything at all really. Quinn cleared her throat and tapped her book. "Effingo Librum!" Still nothing. No effect.

She handed the book back and shook her head. "I'll see if I can find and original copy of it, and you can copy it later."
Old 06-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default His Quinnie! (sorry for the delay)

Reese watched as Quinn tried to copy a portion of her book into his.. Several times in fact and to no avail whatsoever. " Well, ya'll have to write down the name of it for me so I copy the right one.. ", he said as he took his infinity book back from her and continued reading..
Old 07-06-2018, 03:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Default Astronomy Long Term Assignment - Observation One
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Before starting the assignment of studying the Aurora Borealis, Felicity had made sure that she'd done a significant amount of reading about it. It had confused her a little that the name had come from two different languages, Roman and Greek, but although she'd noted it down, she'd quickly just come to appreciate that it was, in its own way, a rather beautiful title. Maybe that was just because the phenomena itself was beautiful that its associated name was, but she didn't think about that too much.

Another thing she'd come across was that, to view the Lights in Scotland, your chances of catching them were greater in the early hours of the morning. So that was why, after a restless night of little to no sleep, Felicity was up before the sun and climbing the stairs to the Astronomy Tower. She decided to head to the Reading Lounge, because, she figured, that way she could read if she had no luck with her sighting.

Curling up on a seat near the window, Felicity trained her eyes skywards, bringing her smaller, portable telescope up to her eye. To no avail, she scanned the skies, noting nothing of interest, and after a while closed it and decided to return her thoughts to her book.

She read steadily for a while, until light caught the corner of her eye. At that moment, she excitedly trained her eyes back onto the sky, grabbing her quill to create some notes.

Only to realise that the colours she was seeing were shades of orange and yellow, none of the greens and purples that were a significant part of the Aurora.

She was watching the sunrise.

The sunrise.

Feeling a little stupid, she finished her notes off before returning to her book.

SPOILER!!: The Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis
Derived from Aurora, the Roman Goddess of Dawn, and Boreas, Greek for 'north wind'.

Caused by charged particles entering the upper atmosphere of the Earth, along magnetic field lines, with energy provided by solar winds.

Visibility in Scotland: primarily in autumn and winter, during the early hours of the morning. (NOT to be confused with the sunrise).

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽