sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1103 users online including...

1 members
1102 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 03:25 AM

Default Game Lounge

The Game Room is a great place to take a break with your coworkers or meet up with your friends from other departments during some downtime. The familiar billiards table and pinball machine are there in the spacious room, with several comfortable chairs scattered throughout.

A mini gobstones areana has been set up in one corner for recreational play. A small table at one side of the room holds a wizard's chess set if you have the time or just want to practice your strategy.

OOC - The Game Room thread is open to all Ministry employees, both G&S and other departments. Feel free to start a roleplay here with your friends.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

His workout had been mediocre at best. The stress of working for the Ministry was building and he needed to burn off some steam before his evening meeting. The game lounge seemed to be the perfect place to do so. He eyed the billiard table, but that wasn't want called to him. The pinball machine in the corner was it.

He strode over, pulled the knob, and started tap tap tapping the buttons, letting the dinging sounds of the machine drown out any worries in his mind.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
His workout had been mediocre at best. The stress of working for the Ministry was building and he needed to burn off some steam before his evening meeting. The game lounge seemed to be the perfect place to do so. He eyed the billiard table, but that wasn't want called to him. The pinball machine in the corner was it.

He strode over, pulled the knob, and started tap tap tapping the buttons, letting the dinging sounds of the machine drown out any worries in his mind.

Natalie entered the games lounge after a pretty exhausting workout. She looked around and spotted West playing some pinball, so she walked over to him and placed one hand on her hip and the other on the edge of the pinball machine. "Hello, West."

Last edited by Ginevra; 05-23-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Natalie entered the games lounge after a pretty exhausting workout. She looked around and spotted West playing some pinball, so she walked over to him and placed one hand on her hip and the other on the edge of the pinball machine. "Hello, West."
He was completely in the zone playing with the nifty pinball machine. The lights, the sounds, the score rolling every so quickly higher, all had his full attention. Suddenly, there was a hand on the machine and the greeting of a woman's voice.

"Oh, hi there, Natalie." His fingers pounded the little side buttons, attempting to outsmart the ball. "How was the workout?" His eyes ever left the machine, but he gave her a little smile as he finished his play. "This is such an entertaining game. Have you played before?" He gave two last thumps on the buttons before the ball finally made it past the mark.

With his game finished, he turned to Natalie to give her his undivided attention. "Sorry about that. I was trying to beat my high score." He patted the machine in a sort of thanks for play.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
He was completely in the zone playing with the nifty pinball machine. The lights, the sounds, the score rolling every so quickly higher, all had his full attention. Suddenly, there was a hand on the machine and the greeting of a woman's voice.

"Oh, hi there, Natalie." His fingers pounded the little side buttons, attempting to outsmart the ball. "How was the workout?" His eyes ever left the machine, but he gave her a little smile as he finished his play. "This is such an entertaining game. Have you played before?" He gave two last thumps on the buttons before the ball finally made it past the mark.

With his game finished, he turned to Natalie to give her his undivided attention. "Sorry about that. I was trying to beat my high score." He patted the machine in a sort of thanks for play.

"The workout was good,"
Natalie answered. "I haven't played pinball before. I have played pool before. I think it is referred to as 'billiards' here. Do you want to play a game with me?"
Old 05-26-2018, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:

"The workout was good,"
Natalie answered. "I haven't played pinball before. I have played pool before. I think it is referred to as 'billiards' here. Do you want to play a game with me?"
He stepped away from the pinball machine as Natalie spoke, shaking out his cramped button fingers. "I'm glad your workout went well." Unlike his that was cut short after sipping off the treadmill. "Pinball is fun, but more of a solo game." There had been a pinball game at the old pizza parlor near his first flat. He spent many after work hours playing and eating too much pizza.

"I'd love to play a game. I haven't played in years though, so you might have to remind me of the rules." Pool had never been his game. His build wasn't designed for gentle taps of the ball and he more often than not sent the cue ball flying over the side of the table.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
He stepped away from the pinball machine as Natalie spoke, shaking out his cramped button fingers. "I'm glad your workout went well." Unlike his that was cut short after sipping off the treadmill. "Pinball is fun, but more of a solo game." There had been a pinball game at the old pizza parlor near his first flat. He spent many after work hours playing and eating too much pizza.

"I'd love to play a game. I haven't played in years though, so you might have to remind me of the rules." Pool had never been his game. His build wasn't designed for gentle taps of the ball and he more often than not sent the cue ball flying over the side of the table.

Once Natalie had briefly explained the rules of pool to West, she grabbed a couple of cues and passed one to West. "Here you go. I'll go set up," she said as she set the pool table.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:

Once Natalie had briefly explained the rules of pool to West, she grabbed a couple of cues and passed one to West. "Here you go. I'll go set up," she said as she set the pool table.

He reached out and grabbed the pool cue and stood to the side of the table while Natalie racked the balls. "You can start." He leaned against the back of the sofa behind him and waited for his turn. "So, anything interesting going on in your department?" He wondered if they had received any unusual packages like they had in games and sports. It had been some mess they had to clean up after...whatever that had been.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:

He reached out and grabbed the pool cue and stood to the side of the table while Natalie racked the balls. "You can start." He leaned against the back of the sofa behind him and waited for his turn. "So, anything interesting going on in your department?" He wondered if they had received any unusual packages like they had in games and sports. It had been some mess they had to clean up after...whatever that had been.
Natalie rubbed some pool chalk on the tip of her pool cue as she thought about her first move. She carefully hit the white pool ball which in turn hit the other balls that were stacked in the middle. The number one and two pool balls landed in the pockets of the table. She smiled to herself as she turned to West. "At the moment, we are organising an Uber UK Apparator service for those in the magical world who need transport because they can't apparate, use Floo Powder or fly for whatever reason. We're looking for applicants."
Old 05-30-2018, 05:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Natalie rubbed some pool chalk on the tip of her pool cue as she thought about her first move. She carefully hit the white pool ball which in turn hit the other balls that were stacked in the middle. The number one and two pool balls landed in the pockets of the table. She smiled to herself as she turned to West. "At the moment, we are organising an Uber UK Apparator service for those in the magical world who need transport because they can't apparate, use Floo Powder or fly for whatever reason. We're looking for applicants."
He watched her set up and strike the ball. Her moves seemed skilled and the balls followed their command, rolling here and there, some landing in pockets. "Nice shot" he shifted his weight from his left foot to his right. "Ah, Uber Apparators. That's a great idea" he nodded, wishing he would have come up with such a plan. "I have a friend that would be great for a job like that. I should have him check into applying." James was an expert apparator and could use the money. He had retired from professional quidditch after an injury and had been looking for something to do with his time.

"Well, it seems you have a bit more excitement than Games and Sports. We have been working on budget changes and ticket pricing." He shook his head and frowned. "It's not exactly what I thought I would be doing when I took the job, but it is necessary." He really hand't thought about all of the paperwork and regulations changes he would be working on. He had hoped for more player interaction, but what they were doing would be for the benefit of both the players and the fans.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
He watched her set up and strike the ball. Her moves seemed skilled and the balls followed their command, rolling here and there, some landing in pockets. "Nice shot" he shifted his weight from his left foot to his right. "Ah, Uber Apparators. That's a great idea" he nodded, wishing he would have come up with such a plan. "I have a friend that would be great for a job like that. I should have him check into applying." James was an expert apparator and could use the money. He had retired from professional quidditch after an injury and had been looking for something to do with his time.

"Well, it seems you have a bit more excitement than Games and Sports. We have been working on budget changes and ticket pricing." He shook his head and frowned. "It's not exactly what I thought I would be doing when I took the job, but it is necessary." He really hand't thought about all of the paperwork and regulations changes he would be working on. He had hoped for more player interaction, but what they were doing would be for the benefit of both the players and the fans.

"Thanks," Natalie replied as West complemented her on her shot. "By all means, ask your friend if he wishes to apply." Natalie stood back and let West focus on his turn at the pool table.

When West mentioned his work, Natalie felt sorry for him because she had some idea of what he was experiencing. "Unfortunately, paperwork is necessary at times. I worked in the Department of Mysteries last year but I found it not my sort of thing. One too many dangers. To be filing one moment and then nearly being sucked into a black hole the next was not ideal."
Old 05-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:

"Thanks," Natalie replied as West complemented her on her shot. "By all means, ask your friend if he wishes to apply." Natalie stood back and let West focus on his turn at the pool table.

When West mentioned his work, Natalie felt sorry for him because she had some idea of what he was experiencing. "Unfortunately, paperwork is necessary at times. I worked in the Department of Mysteries last year but I found it not my sort of thing. One too many dangers. To be filing one moment and then nearly being sucked into a black hole the next was not ideal."
West approached the pool table with cue in hand. He lined up what he hoped would be a successful shot and hit the cue ball. He watched as a few unintended balls whirled around the table before coming to rest. "Well, that wasn't the best shot. Your turn."

"I guess I'm not as much of a desk job type of guy as I hoped I would be. Maybe I'll chat with my department head to see if there are any field assignments that need taken care of." That would be a nice change of pace and hopefully pull him out of his paperwork funk.

"The department of Mysteries sounds exciting. Although, being sucked into a black hole would be a bit extreme."
Old 05-31-2018, 07:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
West approached the pool table with cue in hand. He lined up what he hoped would be a successful shot and hit the cue ball. He watched as a few unintended balls whirled around the table before coming to rest. "Well, that wasn't the best shot. Your turn."

"I guess I'm not as much of a desk job type of guy as I hoped I would be. Maybe I'll chat with my department head to see if there are any field assignments that need taken care of." That would be a nice change of pace and hopefully pull him out of his paperwork funk.

"The department of Mysteries sounds exciting. Although, being sucked into a black hole would be a bit extreme."
Natalie listened to West talk about his plan to talk to his department head as she lined up her next go. She managed to get one ball in the top right corner pocket. When she had finished with her turn, she turned to face her playing partner. "Sounds like a good plan. I wish you all the best with that."
Old 06-04-2018, 04:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Natalie listened to West talk about his plan to talk to his department head as she lined up her next go. She managed to get one ball in the top right corner pocket. When she had finished with her turn, she turned to face her playing partner. "Sounds like a good plan. I wish you all the best with that."
"Thanks" he replied as he stepped up to the table for his turn. Pool was a strange sport. He preferred games where both players played at the same time. He had never been a fan of simply waiting and pool was proving to be such a game.

With his pool cue chalked, he set up his next play, landing one ball in the left middle pocket. "At least I got one in that time." He stepped back to let Natalie have another go.

"So, you have mentioned two different departments you have worked for. How long have you been at the Ministry?"
Old 06-04-2018, 04:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
"Thanks" he replied as he stepped up to the table for his turn. Pool was a strange sport. He preferred games where both players played at the same time. He had never been a fan of simply waiting and pool was proving to be such a game.

With his pool cue chalked, he set up his next play, landing one ball in the left middle pocket. "At least I got one in that time." He stepped back to let Natalie have another go.

"So, you have mentioned two different departments you have worked for. How long have you been at the Ministry?"

Natalie chalked her pool cue and pondered her next shot as she answered West's question. "This is my second year at the Ministry," she said as her shot missed but it didn't faze her.