FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1019 users online including...
Kimothy , Austinwals , Stevendalo , KeithStymn , Alexrut , JoyceZoors , StephenrarL , oh its Erik ok , Ronaldsnut

10 members
1009 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 48: January - April 2018

Term 48: January - April 2018 Term Forty-Eight: Flight of the Hawk (Sept 2094 - June 2095)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2016, 01:34 AM

Default Three Broomsticks

The Three Broomsticks is the most well-known pub in the small village, which is why it is often rather crowded with students and adults alike. The outside of the building is a good preview of what the inside may look like with the same steep roof as the surrounding buildings with a sign featuring the legendary three boomsticks, all fixed around a lantern to light the patrons' way. It certainly looks better kept than the Hog's Head down the street.

Once you enter the pub, the warmth of the large stone fireplace great you as you place hats and coats by the door. Directly in front of you there are tables and booths lining the majority of the small hall with oil lamps placed on each one. On winter days it is usually hard to find a place beside the large fire grate; however, if you're early enough, you can bet your galleons that you'll be nice and toasty by the fire. To the left is the bar where the bartender waits to take your order.

Text Cut: Menu & Prices
Beverages: one free refill
* Butterbeer - 5 sickles
* Firewhiskey (must be of age) – 10 sickles
* Pumpkin Juice - 3 knuts
* Hot Cocoa – 5 knuts
Entrees
* Shepherd’s Pie – 2 galleons
* Fish and Chips - 2 galleons, 3 sickles
* Chicken Noodle Soup – 1 galleon, 3 knuts
* Turkey Sandwich (cold or grilled) - 1 galleon
With cheese - 1 galleon, 2 sickles
* Cheese Sandwich (cold or grilled) - 1 galleon
* Ham Sandwich (cold or grilled) - 1 galleon
With cheese - 1 galleon, 2 sickles
* Tomato Soup - 16 sickles
* Macaroni and Cheese – 1 galleon, 3 sickles
Sides
* Mixed vegetables – 5 sickles
* Salad - 16 sickles
* Glazed carrots – 8 sickles
* Mashed potatoes with assorted condiments (serves 2-4) – 2 galleons
* Garlic bread
Slice -- 4 sickles
Loaf (serves 4-6) 1 galleon
* Sliced Seasonal Fruit
One Serving – 7 sickles
Group Serving (serves 3-5) 2 galleons
Desserts
* Strawberry Shortcake – 9 sickles per slice
* Cookies (2)
Chocolate Chip - 9 sickles
Raisin – 6 sickles
Sugar – 8 sickles
* Brownies
One Brownie – 9 sickles
Two Brownies – 1 galleon
* Assorted Fruit (with chocolate for dipping) (serves two) – 1 galleon
Old 01-13-2018, 05:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Default For Em
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Daisy entered The Three Broomsticks dressed as the Evil Queen. This was her favourite place to have something to eat and drink. However, she didn't like that she would eat alone. How she wished someone would join her. Much to her delight, Daisy found a table near the fire and sat down.

Last edited by Ginevra; 01-13-2018 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Changed outfit
Old 01-13-2018, 05:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy entered The Three Broomsticks, placing her hat and jacket by the door. This was her favourite place to have something to eat and drink. However, she didn't like that she would eat alone. How she wished someone would join her. Much to her delight, Daisy found a table near the fire and sat down.
All that candy she ate was starting to twist her stomach in knots. Emmalyn knew she better get some real food into her or she was going to be sick. With luck, she looked up and found herself standing just outside of The Three Broomsticks. That was the perfect spot to get her tummy back on track and fuel up for the trick or treating that was to come.

Hauling her overfilled bag of candy through the door, Emmalyn immediately spotted her friend Daisy. "Hi Daisy!" she greeted, letting the door to the Three Broomsticks close softly behind her. She was even more excited when she saw that Daisy had snagged a table near the fire. "Do you mind if I join you?" She asked as she sat her bag down and started taking off her costume gloves. Yes, it was Halloween, but she did fell a bit silly running around Hogsmeade dressed as the Queen of Hearts. She wasn't even sure if anyone read that book anymore.

Last edited by Birchwoodmom; 01-13-2018 at 05:57 AM. Reason: costume link
Old 01-13-2018, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
All that candy she ate was starting to twist her stomach in knots. Emmalyn knew she better get some real food into her or she was going to be sick. With luck, she looked up and found herself standing just outside of The Three Broomsticks. That was the perfect spot to get her tummy back on track and fuel up for the trick or treating that was to come.

Hauling her overfilled bag of candy through the door, Emmalyn immediately spotted her friend Daisy. "Hi Daisy!" she greeted, letting the door to the Three Broomsticks close softly behind her. She was even more excited when she saw that Daisy had snagged a table near the fire. "Do you mind if I join you?" She asked as she sat her bag down and started taking off her costume gloves. Yes, it was Halloween, but she did fell a bit silly running around Hogsmeade dressed as the Queen of Hearts. She wasn't even sure if anyone read that book anymore.
Daisy beamed as she saw Em walk through the door, carrying a large bag of Honeydukes sweets. "Hey there. Of course, you can join me. Wow! I love your costume. How much candy did you buy?"

Daisy then paused. "How about I buy us something to eat and drink? Anything you want."
Old 01-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Daisy beamed as she saw Em walk through the door, carrying a large bag of Honeydukes sweets. "Hey there. Of course, you can join me. Wow! I love your costume. How much candy did you buy?"

Daisy then paused. "How about I buy us something to eat and drink? Anything you want."
"Great!" She said as she flopped her candy loaded body into the chair. The warmth from the fire was soothing and there were amazing smells coming from the kitchen. "Thanks, your costume is great too." She lifted her bag and sat it on the table. "Well, I think I went a bit crazy. I bought a pound of dark chocolate fudge, a pound of maple fudge, and 15 dark chocolate truffles."

She blushed a bit thinking about just how much candy that was. "Plus, I think I sampled my weight in free samples while I was there." Emmalyn rubbed her belly. "I would absolutely love something. I sort of spent all of my money on candy." Picking up the menu, she glanced at all of the comfort food options. "Hmm, a grilled cheese and a pumpkin juice sounds like it would hit the spot." She sat down her menu and put her candy bag back on the floor, on the opposite side of her from the fire. "What sounds good to you? Oh, and you are welcome to have any of my candy. I'll need the help finishing it all."
Old 01-13-2018, 07:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
"Great!" She said as she flopped her candy loaded body into the chair. The warmth from the fire was soothing and there were amazing smells coming from the kitchen. "Thanks, your costume is great too." She lifted her bag and sat it on the table. "Well, I think I went a bit crazy. I bought a pound of dark chocolate fudge, a pound of maple fudge, and 15 dark chocolate truffles."

She blushed a bit thinking about just how much candy that was. "Plus, I think I sampled my weight in free samples while I was there." Emmalyn rubbed her belly. "I would absolutely love something. I sort of spent all of my money on candy." Picking up the menu, she glanced at all of the comfort food options. "Hmm, a grilled cheese and a pumpkin juice sounds like it would hit the spot." She sat down her menu and put her candy bag back on the floor, on the opposite side of her from the fire. "What sounds good to you? Oh, and you are welcome to have any of my candy. I'll need the help finishing it all."
"Thank you very much," Daisy replied as she adjusted her costume. She looked at the bag of candy that Em had just placed on the table. "Honeydukes candies are very tempting."

As Em looked through the menu, Daisy did the same and decided on what she wanted. "I'm going to have a butterbeer, fish and chips and a brownie. Would you like a brownie to go with your meal?"
Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
"Thank you very much," Daisy replied as she adjusted her costume. She looked at the bag of candy that Em had just placed on the table. "Honeydukes candies are very tempting."

As Em looked through the menu, Daisy did the same and decided on what she wanted. "I'm going to have a butterbeer, fish and chips and a brownie. Would you like a brownie to go with your meal?"
Emmalyn thought a moment about the brownie offer. Sure, it sounded wonderful, but she was beginning to wonder if it would be a good idea to add even more chocolate to her already candy filled stomach. "Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll pass on the brownie. I've had a lot of sweets so far today and I still want to go trick-or-treating."

Yes, that was the responsible thing to do. Pass up a brownie in favor of eating an entire bag of Halloween candy after returning to Hogwarts. At least if she got sick there, she would have her nice comfy bed to crawl into and sleep it off. "Do you want to go trick-or-treating later? I heard that some of the professors were dressing up." She giggled a little at the thought of mean old professor Noble dressed up as something silly.

Her attention was pulled back to the table after hearing even more students enter the Three Broomsticks. "So, how are classes going for you? I'm really enjoying Care of Magical Creatures, but I don't think I'm very good at it yet." She didn't even want to think about Potions class. It was one of those classes that she simply tried to survive.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Open!

Yes! The Three Broomsticks had been calling her name. Kye had been craaaving Butterbeer. Kye Poison Ivy chose an unoccupied table, and looked over the menu. Maybe some food, but mostly Butterbeer!
Old 01-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Maybe things would have been different if she was back home in America, but this year Felicity wasn't really in the Halloween spirit. Last year she'd hadn't felt it, either, but she'd at least put some effort into really cool make up. Now, however, as she wandered down into Hogsmeade with her boyfriend, her beanie hat with the cat (heh) on it would have to suffice in the way of costume.

She felt a little out of place amongst the rest of the students all dressed up, but she shook that away - after all, she was supposed to be trying a new thing about feeling good about herself, and she had when she'd gotten dressed that morning. Heading into the Three Broomsticks, she led the way to a table in the back.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 01-14-2018, 12:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

DIMC & DMGS
Diricawl

Diagon Alley Employee:
Maia Denton
Daily Prophet Reporter
x5 x2
Yay, Hamlet! • Cathopper • Disney Fanatic • I was normal once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Maybe things would have been different if she was back home in America, but this year Felicity wasn't really in the Halloween spirit. Last year she'd hadn't felt it, either, but she'd at least put some effort into really cool make up. Now, however, as she wandered down into Hogsmeade with her boyfriend, her beanie hat with the cat (heh) on it would have to suffice in the way of costume.

She felt a little out of place amongst the rest of the students all dressed up, but she shook that away - after all, she was supposed to be trying a new thing about feeling good about herself, and she had when she'd gotten dressed that morning. Heading into the Three Broomsticks, she led the way to a table in the back.
Flynn had planned on dressing up for Halloween this year, but as soon as the spooky day arrived, he just wasn't feeling it. He had a feeling that his girl would not be dressing up either, which was good because they could bypass the whole "couple costumes" discussion, so he went very basic and VERY lazy. He had written on a plain white shirt with a black marker: too lazy to buy a Halloween costume.

And that was his costume.... nothing.

He followed Felicity into the Three Broomsticks and towards the back where he seated himself at the last booth, not the table. He wanted to sit somewhere comfy. "Do you know what you want to eat?" He reached for the menu, knowing her would buy something cheap for himself so he could afford to give her a good lunch before going back to the castle.

_______________________________You may hate me, but it ain't no lie: bye bye bye.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Default For Jess....and anyone else.
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

A short pirate walked into the Three Broomsticks, grateful they were allowing the younger students to visit Hogsmeade for the day. What better way spend the day of Halloween than dressing up and exploring the village. Not that this was the first time Septimus had been here...no he'd been here plenty of times with his mum and dad and other family members. It helped that his father's family lived in Scotland and his mum used to teach at Hogwarts. Made it all familiar territory.

But this was by himself and so the eleven year old was going to enjoy it. After strolling down High street, he wandered into the pub for a break indoors and wondering about seeing any familiar faces as he looked for a free seat. He was still getting used to being a student here. And being surrounded by fellow students. And all that jazz about being away from home.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
Emmalyn thought a moment about the brownie offer. Sure, it sounded wonderful, but she was beginning to wonder if it would be a good idea to add even more chocolate to her already candy filled stomach. "Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll pass on the brownie. I've had a lot of sweets so far today and I still want to go trick-or-treating."

Yes, that was the responsible thing to do. Pass up a brownie in favor of eating an entire bag of Halloween candy after returning to Hogwarts. At least if she got sick there, she would have her nice comfy bed to crawl into and sleep it off. "Do you want to go trick-or-treating later? I heard that some of the professors were dressing up." She giggled a little at the thought of mean old professor Noble dressed up as something silly.

Her attention was pulled back to the table after hearing even more students enter the Three Broomsticks. "So, how are classes going for you? I'm really enjoying Care of Magical Creatures, but I don't think I'm very good at it yet." She didn't even want to think about Potions class. It was one of those classes that she simply tried to survive.
Daisy thought for a moment. "I think I'll pass on the brownie as well since it's Halloween," she said as she got up and ordered their meal.

A few moments later their meals were on the table. "I'd love to go trick-or-treating with you. Classes are going pretty good. I love Care of Magical Creatures and Divination. I'm surprised at how well I'm doing in Potions."
Old 01-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakeh Cat View Post
Flynn had planned on dressing up for Halloween this year, but as soon as the spooky day arrived, he just wasn't feeling it. He had a feeling that his girl would not be dressing up either, which was good because they could bypass the whole "couple costumes" discussion, so he went very basic and VERY lazy. He had written on a plain white shirt with a black marker: too lazy to buy a Halloween costume.

And that was his costume.... nothing.

He followed Felicity into the Three Broomsticks and towards the back where he seated himself at the last booth, not the table. He wanted to sit somewhere comfy. "Do you know what you want to eat?" He reached for the menu, knowing her would buy something cheap for himself so he could afford to give her a good lunch before going back to the castle.
The fact that Flynn might have wanted to do a couples costume had never even crossed Felicity's mind. Yeah, she'd thought he might dress up, but the fact that he might want to dress up with her was not a thought. So it was probably a good thing that Flynn hadn't brought it up.

She had gotten more than a few giggles out of his t-shirt, though. It was decidedly Flynn. Slipping into the booth next to him, she shrugged a little and peered at the moment. "Just some soup, or something like that." She wasn't picky, nor was she particularly hungry, and something told her that he wasn't going to let her pay for her own meal. Which annoyed Felicity a little bit, as she would have happily paid for both of them without hesitation.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 01-15-2018, 05:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Daisy thought for a moment. "I think I'll pass on the brownie as well since it's Halloween," she said as she got up and ordered their meal.

A few moments later their meals were on the table. "I'd love to go trick-or-treating with you. Classes are going pretty good. I love Care of Magical Creatures and Divination. I'm surprised at how well I'm doing in Potions."
Emmalyn watched Daisy walk over to place their order. The warmth from the fire was heavenly and the room was filled with happy chatter and comforting smells. She liked the feeling she had right at that moment. She was slowly starting to feel like her new magical life could be what had been missing all along. It wasn't that she had been unhappy at home during her muggle days, she just had always felt like some part of her was missing.

She allowed herself to daydream for the short time Daisy was away, letting the soothing feelings of belonging fill her soul. Upon her return, Emmalyn's focus was redirected towards the present. "I'm glad classes are going well for you. It would be amazing if Hufflepuff won the house cup this year. I guess we all better be at our best to keep in the running."

"Are you planning on going home for the upcoming Christmas holiday?" She was starting to wonder how many students would be staying at Hogwarts for break, like she would be. She imagined the castle would feel quite empty with most of the students and staff away.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:

She allowed herself to daydream for the short time Daisy was away, letting the soothing feelings of belonging fill her soul. Upon her return, Emmalyn's focus was redirected towards the present. "I'm glad classes are going well for you. It would be amazing if Hufflepuff won the house cup this year. I guess we all better be at our best to keep in the running."

"Are you planning on going home for the upcoming Christmas holiday?" She was starting to wonder how many students would be staying at Hogwarts for break, like she would be. She imagined the castle would feel quite empty with most of the students and staff away.
"I hope Hufflepuff wins the house cup. You seem to be doing well in classes. You pay attention in class and don't disrupt. Well done." Daisy said with a grin.

"I'm going to be staying at Hogwarts for Christmas holidays," Daisy replied.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Default Open!
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Kalen entered the Three Broomsticks and smiled as he headed over to the bar to order. He looked around and nodded at the few students who were inside, he wasn’t quite used to his hair falling in his face, but it went well with his costume.

Though to be fair if he wanted to get fully into the roll he would be in a wheelchair, but he had decided against that. So instead he had lengthened his hair, not shaved and found some awesome brown clothes and tadah! He was Professor X from those X men movies..

He leaned on the counter trying to decide what to get. He was tempted to get a firewhiskey but should probably not due to all the kids wandering around. So he decided to get a butter beer and some Shepard’s pie..
Old 01-16-2018, 08:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
Kalen entered the Three Broomsticks and smiled as he headed over to the bar to order. He looked around and nodded at the few students who were inside, he wasn’t quite used to his hair falling in his face, but it went well with his costume.

Though to be fair if he wanted to get fully into the roll he would be in a wheelchair, but he had decided against that. So instead he had lengthened his hair, not shaved and found some awesome brown clothes and tadah! He was Professor X from those X men movies..

He leaned on the counter trying to decide what to get. He was tempted to get a firewhiskey but should probably not due to all the kids wandering around. So he decided to get a butter beer and some Shepard’s pie..
Leia had someone gotten separated from Han but she was sure that she'd find him again. Perhaps he had found Jabba and had met an unfortunate ending in which it required her to save the day. Perhaps indeed. As Vi entered the Three Broomsticks for a break from the brisk cold, she spotted her Astronomy Professor and Librarian at the counter. He looked in deep thought he did. And..... He was dressed as.... Professor X, was it? Olivia chuckled. How appropriate. Though she wondered why he was here alone. Was Professor Kennedy always by himself? Her heart dropped at the very thought. Perhaps she and Etta could assist him in finding a girlfriend. Heh. Were any of the people on the staff single? She didn't know. Vi would have to... investigate and perhaps instigate. Heh.

"A couple hundred credits for your thoughts, Professor X?" she asked with a coy smile.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default For Kimothy/Vivian & anybody else who wants to play!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Fiyero stalked into The Three Broomsticks, barely paying attention to the people already there. He hurriedly ordered a butterbeer and a turkey sandwich and made a beeline for a table in the back where nobody would bother him. His eyes scanned the room, taking in all the costumes, and he scoffed. This was so dumb...

If this Halloween thing had happened last year, he would've been out there in costume, collecting candy with everyone else, but he wasn't feeling very Halloween-y. There was no point in dressing up and trick-or-treating. With his cousin gone, he had enough candy in his dorm to feed an army, and he wanted to stay as far away from his Head of House as humanly possible. If their paths crossed, he was liable to jab him with that ridiculous lightsaber he was waving around. Serve him right for not making him quidditch captain!

He sighed, pulling a battered old copy of Quidditch Through the Ages out of his pocket. Maybe reading while he ate would take his mind off things...

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 01-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Default Mentioning some people!
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Fiyero stalked into The Three Broomsticks, barely paying attention to the people already there. He hurriedly ordered a butterbeer and a turkey sandwich and made a beeline for a table in the back where nobody would bother him. His eyes scanned the room, taking in all the costumes, and he scoffed. This was so dumb...

If this Halloween thing had happened last year, he would've been out there in costume, collecting candy with everyone else, but he wasn't feeling very Halloween-y. There was no point in dressing up and trick-or-treating. With his cousin gone, he had enough candy in his dorm to feed an army, and he wanted to stay as far away from his Head of House as humanly possible. If their paths crossed, he was liable to jab him with that ridiculous lightsaber he was waving around. Serve him right for not making him quidditch captain!

He sighed, pulling a battered old copy of Quidditch Through the Ages out of his pocket. Maybe reading while he ate would take his mind off things...
Nobody could ever go wrong with a trip to the Three Broomsticks every Hogsmeade weekend. Vivian made it a tradition to always come here for a nice mug of butterbeer, or maybe just a cosy seat by the fireplace. It was starting to get cold, of course, as Christmas drew closer. The moment she entered, the prefect went for the counter and ordered her usual frothy beverage. She contemplated on a slice of cake, but decided against it. Ordering later would mean she could still have more time to sit near the fireplace and warm herself up. The place just had a really nice ambience for a chilly day.

With her order on one hand, Vivian scanned the area for a table to sit. She frowned a little when she noticed that her usual place was taken by another group of students, so it meant she had to settle for another seat away from warmth. Not exactly a nice idea, but it didn't seem like she had a choice. She wasn't one to scare people away--that was Flynn's kind of thing. Speaking of, her co-prefect was there with her dorm mate, and the couple received a smile and a wink from Vivian. She didn't want to third wheel, so she let them be. Poison Ivy Kye got a grin from the prefect as well, and she almost decided she should sit with her until she saw a familiar face in the sea of students.

Not thinking twice, Vivian slipped into a seat opposite Fiyero. She figured she should at least try to catch up with him as she always was with her girls in the dormitory. Perhaps Kye would forgive her. "Not in the celebratory mood, are we?" The blond said with a smile. "What's up, Zorro? You look really down." And no, she didn't need to ask permission to take the seat. She was no doubt gonna sit here, thank you very much.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...
Old 01-17-2018, 05:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
"I hope Hufflepuff wins the house cup. You seem to be doing well in classes. You pay attention in class and don't disrupt. Well done." Daisy said with a grin.

"I'm going to be staying at Hogwarts for Christmas holidays," Daisy replied.
When Daisy said she was staying at Hogwarts during the holidays, Emmalyn instantly felt relieved. "Oh, I'm so glad you will be here too!" Her smile stretched across her face and her eyes sparkled with delight. "We will have to do something fun during the holiday. Maybe we can go down to the kitchens and find a way to make Christmas cookies." Yes, that would be a fun thing to do. Plus, they could make extra and take them to the others that stayed.

"I'm starting to get hungry again. I hope the food comes soon." The candy was starting to digest and she now had room for real food. Her stomach was starting to grumble and the wonderful smells around her were making her mouth water.

"Shall we go trick-or-treating after we eat?" Emmalyn wasn't sure where the best places were. She hoped that Daisy would know since she was older and had probably trick-or-treated at Hogsmeade before.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Leia had someone gotten separated from Han but she was sure that she'd find him again. Perhaps he had found Jabba and had met an unfortunate ending in which it required her to save the day. Perhaps indeed. As Vi entered the Three Broomsticks for a break from the brisk cold, she spotted her Astronomy Professor and Librarian at the counter. He looked in deep thought he did. And..... He was dressed as.... Professor X, was it? Olivia chuckled. How appropriate. Though she wondered why he was here alone. Was Professor Kennedy always by himself? Her heart dropped at the very thought. Perhaps she and Etta could assist him in finding a girlfriend. Heh. Were any of the people on the staff single? She didn't know. Vi would have to... investigate and perhaps instigate. Heh.

"A couple hundred credits for your thoughts, Professor X?" she asked with a coy smile.
Kalen was pulled from his thoughts by a familiar voice and he smiled as he looked up and saw Miss Holden there, dressed as Leia! How lovely.

“I’m afraid even that won’t cover the cost of my thoughts Leia, how about yours?” He asked with a grin as he nodded at her. It was always fun to see how the students dressed for Halloween and he of course loved to see muggle costumes. One year he had been Mr.Tumnus from The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, He has almost considered that again for this year, but that costume was cold. Not to mention the hooves were a bit hard to walk in.

“Excellent costume Miss Holden, Leia is a classic one. And congratulations on being made Prefect, I have wanted to say something but I’m afraid time gets away from me.” He said with a smile as he tried to push his hair out of his face.

He wasn’t used to having this much hair and it felt weird..
Old 01-19-2018, 05:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Default ooc: The food is already here btw

"Making Christmas cookies sounds great. I hope we won't be in the house-elves' way." Daisy said.

The idea of trick-or-treating sounded quite fun. She hadn't done that activity in quite some time. "I'd love to go trick-or-treating. In reality, it would be my first time doing so at Hogsmeade." Daisy told Em as she took a sip of Butterbeer.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:29 AM   #23 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
"Making Christmas cookies sounds great. I hope we won't be in the house-elves' way." Daisy said.

The idea of trick-or-treating sounded quite fun. She hadn't done that activity in quite some time. "I'd love to go trick-or-treating. In reality, it would be my first time doing so at Hogsmeade." Daisy told Em as she took a sip of Butterbeer.
Emmalyn thought for a bit about how it would work with the House Elves. She forgot all about it being their space. "Maybe we can ask and let them know we will clean up really well after?" She figured that was the best place to start. Worst case, maybe the house elves could make the cookies and let them decorate them in the Great Hall. That would be fun as well.

"Oh, well, I bet we can follow some of the other students to find the best spots." She said in response to Daisy. She started on her meal, which she had been so distracted just moments before that she hadn't even noticed it in front of her. The warm comfort foods hit the spot. It was almost as good as her mothers cooking...almost.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Her repeating the word didn't really help him understand it.

Bel's next words did, however. "Ooh." That made sense. "Sure. We can take turns." That was what she was suggesting, yes? He smiled and opened the door for her once they'd reached the pub. "This is it." Welcome.
Bel stepped inside the pub when Cam held the door for her and looked around with interest, immediately spotting the fire.

"Oh I hope we can find a seat over there." It was so COLD out, though Bel was appreciative of the instant warmth of the pub itself. Close to the fire as possible was definitely a good thing! She dug her wallet out of her pocket and sort of waved it at him, grinning. Her shout, like she had said.

"What do you want to get? I can go order and you can snag us a table?"

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Old 01-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default So sorry for the late reply!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Nobody could ever go wrong with a trip to the Three Broomsticks every Hogsmeade weekend. Vivian made it a tradition to always come here for a nice mug of butterbeer, or maybe just a cosy seat by the fireplace. It was starting to get cold, of course, as Christmas drew closer. The moment she entered, the prefect went for the counter and ordered her usual frothy beverage. She contemplated on a slice of cake, but decided against it. Ordering later would mean she could still have more time to sit near the fireplace and warm herself up. The place just had a really nice ambience for a chilly day.

With her order on one hand, Vivian scanned the area for a table to sit. She frowned a little when she noticed that her usual place was taken by another group of students, so it meant she had to settle for another seat away from warmth. Not exactly a nice idea, but it didn't seem like she had a choice. She wasn't one to scare people away--that was Flynn's kind of thing. Speaking of, her co-prefect was there with her dorm mate, and the couple received a smile and a wink from Vivian. She didn't want to third wheel, so she let them be. Poison Ivy Kye got a grin from the prefect as well, and she almost decided she should sit with her until she saw a familiar face in the sea of students.

Not thinking twice, Vivian slipped into a seat opposite Fiyero. She figured she should at least try to catch up with him as she always was with her girls in the dormitory. Perhaps Kye would forgive her. "Not in the celebratory mood, are we?" The blond said with a smile. "What's up, Zorro? You look really down." And no, she didn't need to ask permission to take the seat. She was no doubt gonna sit here, thank you very much.
Fiyero absentmindedly flipped through the pages of his book, but not even quidditch was cheering him up. What good was reading about quidditch when he had no way to show off his skills? He closed the book and looked around the room. He supposed it was just a matter of time before somebody asked him who he was dressed as. But what could he say? He thought for a minute; then he realized his outfit looked a lot like a Poe Dameron costume. Great, he'd jumped onto Marchand's Star Wars costume bandwagon without even trying! Just what he needed...

He was so lost in thought that he didn't notice Vivian sitting in the seat opposite him until she spoke. If anybody else had approached him right now, he probably would've told them to beat it, but she was one of his best friends. "Hey, Viv," he replied, trying for a smile but failing miserably. Was his bad mood really that obvious? He shrugged. "It's nothing, I guess. I just... thought I'd be on the Gryffindor quidditch team." And if he'd been in any other house at Hogwarts, he probably would've!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...