sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1181 users online including...
Kevinmit , KeithZinue , ramsspeelay , Anthonydyday

5 members
1176 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2018, 04:02 AM

Default Office of Senior Undersecretary January Bones

As you walk into the Senior Undersecretary's office, you'll find a very neat and tidy workplace. Most of the decor is white and gray with a few pops of Spring colors here and there. The bookshelves are filled with books of all genres with a few occasional sculptures, vases and other figurines. The room smells of fresh linens and flowers and rests at comfortable 68 degrees Fahrenheit.

The desk of the Senior Undersecretary is very clean and organized. Files are in their right place, pens and other accessories are put away unless they are in use. On the corner of her desk is a family photo of January, her husband, Ludovicus Bones and their daughter of almost eight, Louise.

There are small gray couches with puffy throw pillows along the windows to sit on in less formal settings. In front of her desk, there are two padded wooden chairs for guests to sit at. A tea set sits to the side of her desk. Behind the desk and to the side lies a large and very organized file cabinet.

If the door is closed, just knock and wait for an answer. Otherwise, let yourself in to meet with January!
Old 02-26-2018, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Minister For Magic
Puffskein

It was the first day BACK AT IT and before aaaaaaany employees arrived, Morgan thought he would fill January on the liiiiiittle not so little secret that he did not enjoy having his OWN office, so he would be sharing hers.

He had shared Delphine's! SO he didn't see the problem here!

"HONEY, I'M HOME!" he yelled as he burst into January's office.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Yes, it was the first day back at it. Or for her, the first day of her new job, her new, BIG promotion as the Senior Undersecretary. It was still feeling unreal and very much like a strange, distant dream, but January was very excited. She had already set up her office during the last part of the holiday break and it was starting to feel like home. Like her OWN little perfect office.

Jumping a little at the booming sound of the Minister's voice, January carefully set down the vase she was repositioning for the fourth time. She turned around to see the Minister enter her office and she put on a somewhat genuine smile. "Mr. Nickles, good morning." She wasn't sure about "home", considering this was work, but... at least he was happy?

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
Old 02-26-2018, 01:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Minister For Magic
Puffskein

"Do you know what that's from?" he asked. "It's from a muggle show - do you know it?" Because it was just one of the best muggle shows ever created. I LOVE LUCY. "And you look like her, Lucy! How FITTING!" he beamed so wide that all his teeth were showing. They were puuuurrrrdddddy white and shiny! "Also PLEASE call me Morgan...we're two peas in a pod now, dearie!"

He sit on January's desk and crossed his arms. Getting comfortable. Cozy. Wiggling his buttocks on her beautiful and SHINY DESK. "So, are you ready to be office buddies?!"
Old 02-26-2018, 02:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan P. Nickels View Post
"Do you know what that's from?" he asked. "It's from a muggle show - do you know it?" Because it was just one of the best muggle shows ever created. I LOVE LUCY. "And you look like her, Lucy! How FITTING!" he beamed so wide that all his teeth were showing. They were puuuurrrrdddddy white and shiny! "Also PLEASE call me Morgan...we're two peas in a pod now, dearie!"

He sit on January's desk and crossed his arms. Getting comfortable. Cozy. Wiggling his buttocks on her beautiful and SHINY DESK. "So, are you ready to be office buddies?!"
No... No, she did not understand the reference. Honestly, she didn't know it was a reference from anything, much less a muggle show. She offered him a polite laugh. "No, I haven't ever seen that." But apparently she looked like Lucy? She hoped that was a good thing.

"Yes, Morgan, of course..." It was strange being on a first name basis with the Minster of Magic. Firstly because she was used to being a lowly little Creatures employee and now she was up and front in the Minister's office. And apparently they were friends. Two peas in a pod? Interesting.

..... January paused and turned to look at him. Office buddies? "Buddies?" she repeated skeptically. "Well, we're just around the corner from each other." His office was just... right down the hall, right? She supposed they could be "buddies"...

Old 02-26-2018, 04:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Minister For Magic
Puffskein

Oh, she was a real hoot, wasn't she?

"I'll bring you the entirety of season one tomorrow! You can watch it at your leisure and return it whenever you wish!" He practically sang the sentence to her. Morgan flopped backward into a starfish position on her desk and got comfortable again. "Where are the pictures of you and your HUBBY?" he wailed. "The walls should be LINED WITH THEM!"

He was thinking about his own office decorations. "I think my pictures can go on this side of the desk - " he rolled onto his stomach and touched the side of the desk his upper half was taking up. "Around the corner?!" he laaaaaaughed, heartily, and wiped the sweat from his brow. "No, no! Delphine and I shared an office! I don't want an office alone! I'd be too LONELY!"
Old 02-26-2018, 04:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Oh, Merlin. You know what, she wasn't going to argue. She would take the "season one" of this Lucy show and she would... or would not watch it. But she wouldn't argue with him because there was no point.

... Was her desk comfortable? January stood off to the side, eyeing him skeptically as he... lay on her desk, asking for pictures of her family. "Well, sir, you are sitting on one," she said, gesturing to a frame that was wedged between his rear and her desk.

But then... what happened next confused her. Because suddenly he began talking about this space like it was their space. January stood there... somewhat frozen. Delphine and he shared an office? Everyday? Merlin, HOW? Shocked and in denial, January let out a strange laugh. "No, sir, you have your own office." He was joking right?

Old 04-15-2018, 05:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Zander Adair loved his job even on those days when sleep was scarce as a result of staying up late to complete an assignment for one of his two classes. Especially on those days when Sophie wasn't around and he was able to make lesson plans without distractions. Perhaps he loved his job the most when he was actually there in the nursery, around the children getting to do what he loved doing the most.

All of this to say that typically he made sure he was present in the nursery at all times. The only real chance he got to take a break or talk to someone outside of his little corner of the ministry happened to be very early in the morning before his shift technically began.

With that in mind, it was very early when he found himself behind January's door. But hopefully not too early, as he was hoping to speak to her before the day really got started. He knocked on the door and waited.

You are Lemon!
Old 04-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Zander Adair loved his job even on those days when sleep was scarce as a result of staying up late to complete an assignment for one of his two classes. Especially on those days when Sophie wasn't around and he was able to make lesson plans without distractions. Perhaps he loved his job the most when he was actually there in the nursery, around the children getting to do what he loved doing the most.

All of this to say that typically he made sure he was present in the nursery at all times. The only real chance he got to take a break or talk to someone outside of his little corner of the ministry happened to be very early in the morning before his shift technically began.

With that in mind, it was very early when he found himself behind January's door. But hopefully not too early, as he was hoping to speak to her before the day really got started. He knocked on the door and waited.

She was LATE.

Well, technically she wasn't late at all, in fact, she was still quite early, but January was late on her own standards. She liked being early everyday for multiple reasons, but that morning had been a little troublesome. Her daughter had a full blown meltdown because she wanted to wear polka dots, but the blue polka dots were too small due to a recent growth spurt and the pink polka dots were "wrong" for some reason. She settled on her heart patterned dress, but then she didn't want mummy to go to work, so she stayed behind a few minutes to hold her until she cried herself to sleep... and then left her husband to deal with the tantrum that would inevitably follow it.

Nevertheless, she was finally arriving to her office when she saw someone there knocking at it. And to her pleasant surprise, it was Zander Adair, the charming young man who just began at the nursery that she totally loved and adored and wanted to adopt.

"Ah, Mr. Adair. Good morning to you." She greeted him with a smile, slightly out of breath from taking the stairs (trying to stay fit in her old age of forty something). "I hope you haven't waited long," she said, unlocking her door with a wave of her wand. "Would you like to come in?"

Old 04-18-2018, 01:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post

She was LATE.

Well, technically she wasn't late at all, in fact, she was still quite early, but January was late on her own standards. She liked being early everyday for multiple reasons, but that morning had been a little troublesome. Her daughter had a full blown meltdown because she wanted to wear polka dots, but the blue polka dots were too small due to a recent growth spurt and the pink polka dots were "wrong" for some reason. She settled on her heart patterned dress, but then she didn't want mummy to go to work, so she stayed behind a few minutes to hold her until she cried herself to sleep... and then left her husband to deal with the tantrum that would inevitably follow it.

Nevertheless, she was finally arriving to her office when she saw someone there knocking at it. And to her pleasant surprise, it was Zander Adair, the charming young man who just began at the nursery that she totally loved and adored and wanted to adopt.

"Ah, Mr. Adair. Good morning to you." She greeted him with a smile, slightly out of breath from taking the stairs (trying to stay fit in her old age of forty something). "I hope you haven't waited long," she said, unlocking her door with a wave of her wand. "Would you like to come in?"
Zander didn't mind waiting. Well, typically he did, but seeing as there wasn't much else going this morning he didn't mind at all. Though he was slightly worried that he had come by at the wrong time. He honestly should've figured that January was busy with what could be one of a million different things. She was the undersecretary to THE Minister of Magic (a very strange bloke btw). She wasn't just any regular department head, she was essentially THE department head. It made him nervous.

He was actually just about to turn right back around and head over to the atrium when he heard her voice calling from behind. "'Morning," he smiled feeling much more at ease. He didn't really have much of a relationship with his previous boss, but January Bones was incredibly welcoming. It helped a lot. "Uh, not at all," he shook his head. He had been here for a bit, but in her defense... It was his own fault. "That'd be awesome... If you have time? I understand if you need to get settled and stuff, didn't mean to catch you before you even got a chance to clock in," he admitted rather sheepishly.

He liked his job a lot, had he mentioned that part?

Didn't need to lose it on account of being overly enthusiastic. Now that would be embarrassing.

You are Lemon!
Old 04-18-2018, 04:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
Zander didn't mind waiting. Well, typically he did, but seeing as there wasn't much else going this morning he didn't mind at all. Though he was slightly worried that he had come by at the wrong time. He honestly should've figured that January was busy with what could be one of a million different things. She was the undersecretary to THE Minister of Magic (a very strange bloke btw). She wasn't just any regular department head, she was essentially THE department head. It made him nervous.

He was actually just about to turn right back around and head over to the atrium when he heard her voice calling from behind. "'Morning," he smiled feeling much more at ease. He didn't really have much of a relationship with his previous boss, but January Bones was incredibly welcoming. It helped a lot. "Uh, not at all," he shook his head. He had been here for a bit, but in her defense... It was his own fault. "That'd be awesome... If you have time? I understand if you need to get settled and stuff, didn't mean to catch you before you even got a chance to clock in," he admitted rather sheepishly.

He liked his job a lot, had he mentioned that part?

Didn't need to lose it on account of being overly enthusiastic. Now that would be embarrassing.

You know, it was interesting how similar their thoughts were. Being the department head also made HER nervous. Odd.

January was typically a welcoming person, and in this case she was even more so due to the fact that he was such a charming young man. Who loved children! Perfect. January ushered the boy young man into her office. "Oh. of course, I have time. Come on in, I'll start some tea." Because she always made tea once she got to her office and she was eager to share it with someone other than the Minister.

Entering her office, January took off her coat and wandlessly sent it drifting over to her chair where it then lay gracefully over the back. Then she went to a little cupboard where her tea set sat and began putting it together.

"I do hope you're enjoying your new position," she said curiously, glancing back to look at him, making sure he was making himself comfortable. She hoped he wasn't here with a complaint of any sort. But, of course, if he was she would take it seriously and do whatever she could to help.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post

You know, it was interesting how similar their thoughts were. Being the department head also made HER nervous. Odd.

January was typically a welcoming person, and in this case she was even more so due to the fact that he was such a charming young man. Who loved children! Perfect. January ushered the boy young man into her office. "Oh. of course, I have time. Come on in, I'll start some tea." Because she always made tea once she got to her office and she was eager to share it with someone other than the Minister.

Entering her office, January took off her coat and wandlessly sent it drifting over to her chair where it then lay gracefully over the back. Then she went to a little cupboard where her tea set sat and began putting it together.

"I do hope you're enjoying your new position," she said curiously, glancing back to look at him, making sure he was making himself comfortable. She hoped he wasn't here with a complaint of any sort. But, of course, if he was she would take it seriously and do whatever she could to help.
"Thanks so much," Zander smiled, walking inside as he was ushered in. The blonde wasn't really sure if he was meant to sit just yet or whether he was supposed to wait to sit or if he was supposed to stand the whole time or-- Y'know, all your average adult worries. So instead, he opted to stand rather awkwardly, watching as January made her way around the office to set her stuff down and start the tea.

"Yeah, no, I love it. It's great. Awesome," he nodded. He LOVED his job. Had he ever mentioned that? "Definitely the right fit," hopefully there weren't any complaints about him... Sometimes with parents you never know, but he did do his very best to make good impressions on all of them. Plus, he really took the job seriously so that surely helped, right?

"I was actually wondering if I could run an idea by you?"

He was, of course, hesitant to come here in the first place and make some new proposals. But the daycare had SO much potential and Zander wanted to help it grow, y'know? He hadn't been working long and seniority was obviously a thing here buuuuuuuut he had some REALLY cool ideas. Mhm.

You are Lemon!
Old 05-02-2018, 12:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
"Thanks so much," Zander smiled, walking inside as he was ushered in. The blonde wasn't really sure if he was meant to sit just yet or whether he was supposed to wait to sit or if he was supposed to stand the whole time or-- Y'know, all your average adult worries. So instead, he opted to stand rather awkwardly, watching as January made her way around the office to set her stuff down and start the tea.

"Yeah, no, I love it. It's great. Awesome," he nodded. He LOVED his job. Had he ever mentioned that? "Definitely the right fit," hopefully there weren't any complaints about him... Sometimes with parents you never know, but he did do his very best to make good impressions on all of them. Plus, he really took the job seriously so that surely helped, right?

"I was actually wondering if I could run an idea by you?"

He was, of course, hesitant to come here in the first place and make some new proposals. But the daycare had SO much potential and Zander wanted to help it grow, y'know? He hadn't been working long and seniority was obviously a thing here buuuuuuuut he had some REALLY cool ideas. Mhm.

As she got set up, January used magic to get the tea ready so she could free her hands and focus on her guest. She was pleased that he seemed to love his job. They sure needed someone like him and he seemed quite perfect for the job. "Oh, good," she responded.

Returning to her desk, January placed her purse on the floor and then looked up at the boy man when he asked if he could run an idea by her. She was only mildly surprised, but she was even more curious and eager. He seemed bright, he did. So she was curious. "Of course, please do. And please, sit down." She hoped he wasn't standing because he was uncomfortable...

Old 07-24-2018, 12:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7
Snake disguised as Raven Browncoat

Life is a strange thing. This thought had accompanied Eleanor Crowley all the way to work, except for the brief interlude when she’d been required to step into a toilet and risk an emotional collapse at the thought of ruining her Jimmy Choos. It was that or voluntarily pass through a sooty fireplace every morning, and she was still undecided which would be worse. Convenient travel, indeed!

Still, she’d arrived! Only three months ago, she would never have imagined applying at the Ministry for a position; but then, only three months ago she would never have imagined her husband leaving her through any way other than death, which had seemed quite imminent. Yet here she was, divorced and working for the Ministry!

And the Minister’s Office, no less!

Somewhat relieved that she wasn’t expected to take another uncivilized method to travel to her new office – dumping a bucket of oil over one’s head, perhaps? – she stepped out of the elevator and strode down the hall to her new boss’s office, where she gifted the door with two brisk knocks.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Usually a holiday meant relaxation, extra sleep and more time with the family, but not this time around. Even though the Ministry had faced a serious timing setback and a lot of employees got some extra time off, January had been busy... and stressed.

It felt good to have everyone back at work again, though, and she was excited to meet her two new recruits. She could seriously use some help around Level One.

Hearing a knock at her door, January called out and waved her wand to open it. "Come on in!" she shouted pleasantly from her desk. It was covered in papers and files, but they were all stacked and filed nicely. There was a lot going on, but at least it was organized.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

Eleanor had barely begun people-watching, and already it was time to meet her new boss! She gave her locks a final primp—discretely, of course—and entered the office.

And gaped.

“Oh my word would you look at this decorating? Stunning!” And so saying, she immediately began wandering about the room, inspecting the book titles and remarking over each and every figurine. “Well of course you’d look at it; you look at it every day! Oh, this colour just pulls the whole corner together! And a tea set!”

Finally arriving at The Desk of January Bones, she thrust out her hand for proper introductions, “Eleanor Crowley. Am I really going to be working for you? This will be marvelous!”
Old 07-28-2018, 03:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

January nearly jumped, startled at the enthusiasm that came into her office - about the decor, nonetheless. She stared at the woman almost blankly for just half a second, pleasantly surprised at the way she decided to introduce herself. With comments about the decor. Usually when people came into her office, they had some bad news or complaint to file.

A humble smile quickly spread and lit up the redhead's face. "Why, thank you," she said as the woman looked around. "I want it to feel like home as much as possible..." It made her miss it less during the day. Of course, there was no way to make her miss her husband and little girl less.

January let out a light laugh and shook the woman's hand. "Well, you'll be working in my department, so in a way, yes." She retracted her hand and gestured to the padded leather seats in front of her desk. "Please, have a seat. Would you like some tea?"

Old 07-28-2018, 06:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

“That personal touch,” Eleanor agreed, lowering herself into one of the seats with a well-practiced dignity. “Tea would be wonderful. You’ve no idea what a relief it is to find some tranquility after all that commuter traffic out there. Well, no, you most likely do. Oh, and this must be your family!”

She leaned forward to admire the Bones family photo, “How lovely!”
Old 07-30-2018, 09:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Yes, the personal touch. It made her feel more at home.

January went and brought her tea set over to her desk and poured Eleanor a cup of tea, the cream and sugar nearby if she wanted to add some. As for the commute... "You'll get used to it soon enough." She was going to add more, but the nice lady was soon "aww"ing over her family photos.

January sat down with her tea and smiled fondly at the photo. "Yes, that's my husband and my daughter, Louise." Weren't they a beautiful family? She was a humble woman, but she boasted about that.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

Eleanor took her tea straight, as she always did; nothing like cream and sugar to ruin the taste of a great leaf, or mask the taste of an undeserving, terrible one. This one, of course, was excellent. She hadn't thought for a moment that it wouldn't be. Not with this level of decor!

"Oh, you must be so proud. And look at that! Your daughter's image is actually smiling!" She reached out and booped the image on the nose, before sharing with January a commiserating roll of the eyes, "My grandson never smiles for photographs. My mantle is festooned with scowls."

She sighed theatrically, and took another sip of her tea.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Oh yes, she was quite proud of her little family. It had taken a while to get there, but the journey was worth it. "Well, you know it took a hundred shots to get that smile, right?" Of course kids never wanted to smile for photographs. As soon as the cameras came out, the smiles went away.

January took a sip of her tea before diving into work chat. "I'm glad you came to see me. I hope to get started right away, so if you have any questions about your position you can ask them now." Being thrown into a job could be quite overwhelming. It wasn't that long ago that she was promoted to the Senior Undersecretary position and she had been quite busy every since.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:43 AM   #22 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

"Really? Everyone looks so natural!" Usually, when a child finally smiled for a photo parents looked absolutely ragged. It made Eleanor admire her boss's composure all the more.

Eleanor set down her empty teacup, "As a matter of fact, I do have a few questions. What might my daily schedule look like? I mean, how much propaganda and official advertisements might there be?"
Old 08-14-2018, 04:52 AM   #23 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Ah, yes, the questions. An explanation of the job description. Depending on how the Minister composed himself this year... she could have an easy job or a hard one. She hoped the woman liked to be kept busy.

"Well," January began, clasping her hands on her desk, "Sometimes... the Daily Prophet and we... are not friends. I need you to change that. We're not perfect and sometimes mistakes are made. You will be the one to set rumors straight and inform the Daily Prophet correctly. Aside from that, any events or projects we have, you'll be the first to know and I'll have you work on flyers and things for that."

She watched the woman, waiting for any further questions.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

MO
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elias Inkwell
First Year
x7

"Hmm." It was an appreciative hmm. A hmm that said yes, she had indeed read the odd Daily Prophet article that seemed a tad biased against the Ministry. But then, as January had said herself, the Ministry wasn't perfect. Still, the thought of being the one to immerse herself in the rumour mill of politics and set the record straight was a rather delightful one indeed. Gossip, she was quite good at. Flyers and things, she could handle.

"Well, I'm quite sure I'll have more questions in the near future, but for now none are coming to mind. Do you have any questions for me?"
Old 08-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinder View Post
"Hmm." It was an appreciative hmm. A hmm that said yes, she had indeed read the odd Daily Prophet article that seemed a tad biased against the Ministry. But then, as January had said herself, the Ministry wasn't perfect. Still, the thought of being the one to immerse herself in the rumour mill of politics and set the record straight was a rather delightful one indeed. Gossip, she was quite good at. Flyers and things, she could handle.

"Well, I'm quite sure I'll have more questions in the near future, but for now none are coming to mind. Do you have any questions for me?"
Of course, questions for a new job always came as one began working, so January expected to be answering questions for her and her other newcomer as the day went on.

Questions for her? "Oh, let's see... Well, no, but I must say I'd be pleased to have you join me for tea again." She gave the woman a smile. She was quite lovely and January enjoyed her company, so hopefully she wouldn't be a stranger.

"My door is almost always open," she added. She tried her best to be a friendly sort of boss.