FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1043 users online including...
Kimothy , Natashafwn , Stevendalo , Eldarhqd , KeithStymn , Natashaefp , Alexrut

8 members
1035 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 46: May - August 2017

Term 46: May - August 2017 Term Forty-Six: Guests from Ilvermorny (Sept 2092 - June 2093)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2015, 09:00 PM

Default Office of Professor Hirsch

If offices were meant to show the essence of someone's personality than boy oh boy, did this room show what Roderik Hirsch was like. Everything was sleek, from the orange tables to the seats and even to the teal coloured desks. There was a certain gleam to everything, as if it had been well polished in advance.

Upon entering the room, the first thing you see is the desk sitting towards the middle of the room. Sitting upon the desk are a number of things: pieces of parchment, quills, ink, your everyday mundane wizarding equipment. What wasn't mundane was the picture of the Hirscch family gathered together at their most recent holiday, where everyone had been forced to wear ugly jumpers. (Thanks Ma)

The one thing the office seems to be in abundance of are chest of drawers. They seem to be everywhere from along a side of a wall to behind the desk and underneath the desk itself. There are also a few Defence books stacked up along the shelves on the left side of the room. Ask nicely, and you might get to borrow some. Might.

Hirsch himself can usually be found sitting behind the desk with his feet propped up onto the desk and shuffling through some piece of parchment or another.

Please make sure you've posted in the Seating Area first and have been told that you can enter, either by Hirsch or by me.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Cool, he could enter in now. When summoned Kirk popped straight off the seat and stepped inside, taking a moment to check out the scenery in here. Sure, this wasn't his first time in here, but he liked to spot for any new things. The family portrait though did cause him to stare at it for a bit before looking at his Head of House and Defense teacher.

Anyways, "Hello Professor.. nice decor." Oh wait, didn't compliments usually signal the superiors that you wanted a favor? Perhaps Kirk spent too many career shadows with his mum to pick up on this. "Unc- I mean.. Mr. McLeod asked me to give this to you. Said it was important." Setting the wrapped up parcel down for him on his desk before sitting down. He had no clue what was in it nor did he personally care.. Okay, maybe he did. But he wouldn't be surprised if he waited later to open it.

"So erm Professor, I was wondering about some advice for this year, on what to expect and everything." Fourth years had something to look forward to in the year, right?

Last edited by Charely Potter; 05-07-2017 at 04:51 PM. Reason: late night posts = forgotten words xD
Old 05-07-2017, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post

Luckily for the next visitor, Hirsch happened to be in his office as well. In fact, he was almost glad to be having another visitor.

As per tradition, his mum had written to him wishing him luck over the upcoming school year as well as sending him drawings from his niece. It wasn't that that made him cringe, however. It was the question at the end. His mum might have good intentions at heart but constantly asking him when he was planning on getting married and if he wanted her to look for any "nice German women" wasn't exactly helpful.

Really.

It was because of this that the Ravenclaw Head of House gladly put away the letter and the drawing the moment the person on the other side of his door knocked. "Come in!" he called, sitting up straight and trying to maintain a neutral expression on his face.

OOC: ANGIEEEEE You can post in the office thread now yay!
The mural ended up being a source of distraction that he hadn't expected, one that allowed his mind to wander elsewhere. Pending homework, upcoming classes, flashes of the now gone summer, the smell of sunscreen, trips to the new maze the librarian had set up at the library--

Levi blinked, drawn out of his thoughts by Professor Hirsch's voice from the other side of the door. The Gryffindor boy straightened, fixed his tie, and took a moment to sigh. He hesitated only for another second before letting himself in.

"Professor Hirsch," said Levi, as way of greeting, eyes already surveying the room which, if he was honest, felt and looked a like like the man did. He was a little unclear on what that might mean, exactly, but he supposed it was a good thing nevertheless. "I mean, hello." Was that a picture of Hirsch and his family? It was always interesting to see proof that professors did have lives outside of Hogwarts. Which shouldn't have been surprising at all, and yet. Levi looked at the man. "I was wondering if you might have a minute or two you can spare for me? Not literally, of course." He smiled, a touch bashfully. "It might take a little more than that, but you know what I mean." Surely. Ravenclaw head of the house and whatnot.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
[COLOR="#704343"]

Having entered the office mere minutes ago, Hirsch was just making himself some coffee. Just like most people needed food, the man needed coffee to get him through the day and through the paperwork that he had waiting for him. Not to mention, this particular brew was a Turkish one that had been given to him by Ethan Dixon, one of his Ravenclaws.

The knocking came just as he'd managed to set his mug down on the coaster on his desk. The Defence Professor made work of making sure he was seated before calling out, "Come in!" His elbows were propped on the desk and his chin was resting on his hands. And, more importantly, all thoughts about paperwork were being driven out of his mind.

Not that he was complaining.

OOC: SHANNERAMAAAAA You're welcome to post in the office thread now!
Swinging open the door, Rooney stepped on through wiggling his fingers and a stupid grin plastered on his face. Hello, hello, hello. As he closed the door behind him, Roo sniffed the air and raised an eyebrow. "What's that you're brewing, Sir? It smells good." He couldn't put his finger on it specifically, but it was strangely familiar to him. Or maybe he just thought it was, because every scent was familiar to him right now. Maybe his imagination was just in overdrive. It wouldn't surprise him, honestly. His brain did a whole lot of stuff in overdrive.

Dropping into a seat on the opposite side of the desk to Hirsch, Rooney got comfortable. "Life updates, Sir? Anything fun I should know about you?"

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Old 05-08-2017, 03:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Devin James Horton
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Deanna Joyce Horton
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Wright
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Elizabeth Wright
x1
Teapot Occamy| gryphons&giraffes&goats,OH MY | chaser of the truth | flutiful❧

Come in? Oh Merlin. She was actually going to have to do this. Although she knew that it was important to have this conversation, Isa was nervous and reluctant to speak to the professor. Isa could feel her heart pounding as she opened the door. It wasn't like her to be nervous about talking to people, this was probably going to be a difficult conversation. "Um, hi Professor Hirsch." Breathe. Remembering to breathe was good. Isa awkwardly stood in the doorway, not sure what to say next. Did Professor Hirsch know why she was here? Most likely not, although he might have guesses as to why she wanted to speak to him. "Do you mind if I, uh, talk to you about something?" Was that a stupid thing to say? Obviously she wanted to talk to him because she was here in his office. She had issues with some aspects of Hirsch's class, and she wanted to work out some way to improve that.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Text Cut: Kirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
Cool, he could enter in now. When summoned Kirk popped straight off the seat and stepped inside, taking a moment to check out the scenery in here. Sure, this wasn't his first time in here, but he liked to spot for any new things. The family portrait though did cause him to stare at it for a bit before looking at his Head of House and Defense teacher.

Anyways, "Hello Professor.. nice decor." Oh wait, didn't compliments usually signal the superiors that you wanted a favor? Perhaps Kirk spent too many career shadows with his mum to pick up on this. "Unc- I mean.. Mr. McLeod asked me to give this to you. Said it was important." Setting the wrapped up parcel down for him on his desk before sitting down. He had no clue what was in it nor did he personally care.. Okay, maybe he did. But he wouldn't be surprised if he waited later to open it.

"So erm Professor, I was wondering about some advice for this year, on what to expect and everything." Fourth years had something to look forward to in the year, right?

And it turned out that what was waiting for him was better. That is, unless the boy had some sort of bad news for him.

Hirsch's face lit up immediately and he tried to, casually, slide the book he'd been reading over towards one side. Yeah, that could wait. It was always interesting to see what people made of his room. Some seemed to like it, or fake-like it, while others didn't have any ounce of subtlety in announcing how much they disliked his room.

Dante Barrington and his sass were missed.

But right now, he smiled over at the young Ravenclaw, growing curious about the package he seemed to be holding, which....... was for him? From Justin? "Thank you for the compliment, Kirk. How is your uncle, by the way? Has he cried about missing the school," And Hirsch. "yet?" While he spoke, he busied himself with ripping open the package, not caring about being delicate with the wrappings. It wasn't as though there was something delicate in there, was-

There was a moment of silence before he suddenly shook his head and burst out laughing.

Why?

Hersheys. Merlin! Even though he was millions of miles away, it seemed as though a Justin still knew how to make jokes at him. But, then again, it could've been worse. He could've sent Hershey's kisses.

"Your uncle and his sense of humour," he finally said, shaking his head and turning the box around so that Kirk could take a bar if he wanted to. What is it that he wanted to talk about? Something about...... fourth year! Bingo. "Well, most professors will start to warn you about preparing for the OWLs and making sure that you're ready for them. What I can tell you is that this would be a good year to study up on everything you've learnt from first to third year. Practice basic spells, re-learn basic theories..... all of that. That way, next year, you can concentrate on the fourth and fifth year notes and only look back on the previous notes to refresh your mind when it gets to crunch time." Made sense?

"This isn't the most stressful year, I'd say," That was still to come. "So don't stress yourself out too much but don't be too relaxed either." Smile. "But you might get slightly annoyed and worried about the OWLs because of how much professors like to mention them this year." Rhat was his warning. "And..... start thinking about what you want to do once you graduate from Hogwarts. Fifth year is when you'll get careers advice with me so start to have a think when you can." Had he stressed the boy out, yet?

Text Cut: Levi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oesed View Post
The mural ended up being a source of distraction that he hadn't expected, one that allowed his mind to wander elsewhere. Pending homework, upcoming classes, flashes of the now gone summer, the smell of sunscreen, trips to the new maze the librarian had set up at the library--

Levi blinked, drawn out of his thoughts by Professor Hirsch's voice from the other side of the door. The Gryffindor boy straightened, fixed his tie, and took a moment to sigh. He hesitated only for another second before letting himself in.

"Professor Hirsch," said Levi, as way of greeting, eyes already surveying the room which, if he was honest, felt and looked a like like the man did. He was a little unclear on what that might mean, exactly, but he supposed it was a good thing nevertheless. "I mean, hello." Was that a picture of Hirsch and his family? It was always interesting to see proof that professors did have lives outside of Hogwarts. Which shouldn't have been surprising at all, and yet. Levi looked at the man. "I was wondering if you might have a minute or two you can spare for me? Not literally, of course." He smiled, a touch bashfully. "It might take a little more than that, but you know what I mean." Surely. Ravenclaw head of the house and whatnot.

Hirsch half-thought that the person on the other side of the door wasn't planning on coming inside. Or that they had a sudden change of heart and decided to leave before he could answer. Not that he would be upset but it would be annoying to expect a visitor and not get one because-

Ah! There he was.

The man readjusted his glasses and smiled over at the Gryffindor. "Mr Kenning! Hello, hello," Surprising? It really was. His green eyes followed the boy's movements before they landed on the picture sitting by his desk. The same picture that Levi himself seemed to be paying a lot of attention to. Hmm. Maybe he should get that changed to something a little less embarrassing.

Anyways.

Was the sixth year nervous? Because that was the impression Hirsch was getting from him right now. Nervousness. The smile on his face curled up into a slightly amused one, matched with a furrowed eyebrow look to go with it. "I know exactly what you mean," he said, giving the boy a nod of his head, "Is there something bothering you? Or something I can help with?"

Text Cut: Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
Swinging open the door, Rooney stepped on through wiggling his fingers and a stupid grin plastered on his face. Hello, hello, hello. As he closed the door behind him, Roo sniffed the air and raised an eyebrow. "What's that you're brewing, Sir? It smells good." He couldn't put his finger on it specifically, but it was strangely familiar to him. Or maybe he just thought it was, because every scent was familiar to him right now. Maybe his imagination was just in overdrive. It wouldn't surprise him, honestly. His brain did a whole lot of stuff in overdrive.

Dropping into a seat on the opposite side of the desk to Hirsch, Rooney got comfortable. "Life updates, Sir? Anything fun I should know about you?"

Three words: Rooney Bronwyn's dramatics.

Hirsch found himself letting out a chuckle as the Head Boy - his Head Boy, mind you - announced his presence. "You were made for the stage." If he was completely honest with himself, it was much better to see Rooney in this mood rather than what he had been like because of certain events the previous year. The dramatics were a good sign.

What was he brewing? "Turkish coffee," he said, holding up the mug he'd set down on his table moments before, "Do you want some?" Was it okay to offer caffeine to seventeen year olds?

Life updates? Fun? "I'm full of fun, Rooney, I thought you knew this." Joking. He was joking. His mind immediately raced back to the summer he'd just had and found that there were certain.... events he couldn't mention. Even if Rooney was considered an adult. Maybe, one day, when the boy wasn't his student, he might get a full story from Hirsch but not today. "I went to Wales with Healer Reed where.... well, they have some good beach and party areas over there, if you're looking forward to celebrating." But, of course, Rooney wasn't graduating anytime soon. Not yet. Hirsch was in denial about this, okay?

"What about you? How's the new leadership suiting you?" Cue a glowing look from the man.

Text Cut: Isa
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Come in? Oh Merlin. She was actually going to have to do this. Although she knew that it was important to have this conversation, Isa was nervous and reluctant to speak to the professor. Isa could feel her heart pounding as she opened the door. It wasn't like her to be nervous about talking to people, this was probably going to be a difficult conversation. "Um, hi Professor Hirsch." Breathe. Remembering to breathe was good. Isa awkwardly stood in the doorway, not sure what to say next. Did Professor Hirsch know why she was here? Most likely not, although he might have guesses as to why she wanted to speak to him. "Do you mind if I, uh, talk to you about something?" Was that a stupid thing to say? Obviously she wanted to talk to him because she was here in his office. She had issues with some aspects of Hirsch's class, and she wanted to work out some way to improve that.

Here was another nervous student, it seemed.

Hirsch tried to keep a neutral expression on his face as the girl started talking but he couldn't help but feel slightly worried. Surely, surely, he wasn't that scary? He taught about tackling dark arts and he was big on boxing and his tattoos weren't exactly friendly to younger kids but they weren't that bad, right?

No. Apparently she needed to talk to him which, well, took him by surprise. "Not at all. Please, take a seat," he said, smiling slightly and gesturing to the seat opposite his desk, "What did you want to talk about?"
Old 05-12-2017, 04:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

Quote:

Hirsch half-thought that the person on the other side of the door wasn't planning on coming inside. Or that they had a sudden change of heart and decided to leave before he could answer. Not that he would be upset but it would be annoying to expect a visitor and not get one because-

Ah! There he was.

The man readjusted his glasses and smiled over at the Gryffindor. "Mr Kenning! Hello, hello," Surprising? It really was. His green eyes followed the boy's movements before they landed on the picture sitting by his desk. The same picture that Levi himself seemed to be paying a lot of attention to. Hmm. Maybe he should get that changed to something a little less embarrassing.

Anyways.

Was the sixth year nervous? Because that was the impression Hirsch was getting from him right now. Nervousness. The smile on his face curled up into a slightly amused one, matched with a furrowed eyebrow look to go with it. "I know exactly what you mean," he said, giving the boy a nod of his head, "Is there something bothering you? Or something I can help with?"
The glasses gave an additional air of distinction to the professor that Levi hadn't been expecting. He felt that this discovery ought to have helped, somewhat, alleviate his nerves; but mostly, it made his stomach behave in a way that was not necessarily strange in the presence of certain individuals.

If he could have rolled his eyes at himself without alerting Hirsch, he would have.

Levi smiled, tentatively, instead. The one thing he had on his side was that the Ravenclaw head of the house appeared to be surprised by his visit, something he intended to use to his advantage. Or, at least, he'd certainly try to. "Please, just Levi. Mr. Kenning is my dad and sometimes my grandfather." He invited himself to sit down because standing up was beginning to make him anxious; the last thing he needed was another stress rash. He'd had enough of those the month before his OWLs to last him a lifetime. "I'm interested in the healing program, and healer Reed, well--" The boy tugged his red and gold tie, loosening it just a little bit, "he stressed the importance of a good defense background and he advised I come to you." Well, Levi had mentioned perhaps paying a visit last term, but Reed had certainly agreed. So, totally the same thing.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Three words: Rooney Bronwyn's dramatics.

Hirsch found himself letting out a chuckle as the Head Boy - his Head Boy, mind you - announced his presence. "You were made for the stage." If he was completely honest with himself, it was much better to see Rooney in this mood rather than what he had been like because of certain events the previous year. The dramatics were a good sign.

What was he brewing? "Turkish coffee," he said, holding up the mug he'd set down on his table moments before, "Do you want some?" Was it okay to offer caffeine to seventeen year olds?

Life updates? Fun? "I'm full of fun, Rooney, I thought you knew this." Joking. He was joking. His mind immediately raced back to the summer he'd just had and found that there were certain.... events he couldn't mention. Even if Rooney was considered an adult. Maybe, one day, when the boy wasn't his student, he might get a full story from Hirsch but not today. "I went to Wales with Healer Reed where.... well, they have some good beach and party areas over there, if you're looking forward to celebrating." But, of course, Rooney wasn't graduating anytime soon. Not yet. Hirsch was in denial about this, okay?

"What about you? How's the new leadership suiting you?" Cue a glowing look from the man.
Made for the stage... Rooney smiled, giving his Head of House a small insight into just how good it was to hear that sort of positivity in regards to his choice of life. "I was made for a lot of things, Professor Hirsch. The stage being one of them." There were lots of other things that he felt he was made for - his position as Head Boy being another of them. He gave a look towards the mug when it was gestured and nodded. "Sure, I'll have some." He hadn't ever heard of Turkish coffee before, but he doubted that Hirsch would drink anything that was absolutely disgusting. Besides, the man had a thing for good coffee, didn't he? Rumour had it.

"Sir, I know more about you than you think I do." Research reasons, of course. Plus, Rooney overanalysed all the things that Hirsch had ever said in his presence and perhaps why he had ever done anything that he had before. The most recent of all this was why he wasn't married yet, or a father. Roo's conclusions were that he was just married to the job and parented his students more than enough to have his own yet. Clearly, his favourite was this one right here, but that was another story. "I'm sure the beach side of things could be considered when Olivia and I holiday after our wedding." Had that been a subtle hint as to how his own summer had went? Perhaps Hirsch wouldn't pick up on that.

With another nod and smile, Rooney answered. "It's suiting me perfectly, Sir. I think it's just the natural progression from being Prefect for the past few years. I've wanted it since I was really young, you know." Of course he knew. Everyone knew.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

SPOILER!!: Professor HoH ^_^
Quote:

And it turned out that what was waiting for him was better. That is, unless the boy had some sort of bad news for him.

Hirsch's face lit up immediately and he tried to, casually, slide the book he'd been reading over towards one side. Yeah, that could wait. It was always interesting to see what people made of his room. Some seemed to like it, or fake-like it, while others didn't have any ounce of subtlety in announcing how much they disliked his room.

Dante Barrington and his sass were missed.

But right now, he smiled over at the young Ravenclaw, growing curious about the package he seemed to be holding, which....... was for him? From Justin? "Thank you for the compliment, Kirk. How is your uncle, by the way? Has he cried about missing the school," And Hirsch. "yet?" While he spoke, he busied himself with ripping open the package, not caring about being delicate with the wrappings. It wasn't as though there was something delicate in there, was-

There was a moment of silence before he suddenly shook his head and burst out laughing.

Why?

Hersheys. Merlin! Even though he was millions of miles away, it seemed as though a Justin still knew how to make jokes at him. But, then again, it could've been worse. He could've sent Hershey's kisses.

"Your uncle and his sense of humour," he finally said, shaking his head and turning the box around so that Kirk could take a bar if he wanted to. What is it that he wanted to talk about? Something about...... fourth year! Bingo. "Well, most professors will start to warn you about preparing for the OWLs and making sure that you're ready for them. What I can tell you is that this would be a good year to study up on everything you've learnt from first to third year. Practice basic spells, re-learn basic theories..... all of that. That way, next year, you can concentrate on the fourth and fifth year notes and only look back on the previous notes to refresh your mind when it gets to crunch time." Made sense?

"This isn't the most stressful year, I'd say," That was still to come. "So don't stress yourself out too much but don't be too relaxed either." Smile. "But you might get slightly annoyed and worried about the OWLs because of how much professors like to mention them this year." Rhat was his warning. "And..... start thinking about what you want to do once you graduate from Hogwarts. Fifth year is when you'll get careers advice with me so start to have a think when you can." Had he stressed the boy out, yet?

How was his Uncle Justin? "He's alright," Kirk answered, not really sure what to think as he watched the Professor open up something his Uncle got. Was he expected to record his reaction with a quill and ink ready at hand? Or was he meant to get something in return to deliver back? "He mentioned something about you making it to the next party." It was ironic that his Professor and Head of House was a student to his Uncle, the best friend of his father. So what was in the parcel.... chocolates. Hershey's Kisses in a box.

Hershey's... kisses.. Now Kirk wasn't immune to smiling, he just happen to be gifted at remaining a straight face at all times. This moment however threatened to break it as his eyes widened. Not just at the apparent pun but at the laughter that ensued from the inside joke. So the Professor loved chocolate and was offering some to him. "..thanks." Reaching out to take some chocolate. It looked like he would have to write back a letter after all.

The advice though. It didn't seem too surprising to Kirk about the extra attention he would need to give his studies now. Don't stress, but don't relax? His parents had the same opposing views on how he should spend his year. Maybe that was the secret deal the adults had with each other, confuse the young one so they could make up their own mind? Kirk tried not to get too lost in these thoughts as he stared blankly at Professor Hirsch. "I see.." So basically, just do what he needed to do but don't slack off on what's coming next. He was nearly 15 years old, only two years away from being of age but hadn't give much thought. "Professor.. did you always know growing up that you wanted to be a professor?" And if not, how long did it take him to know? The questions were forming in his head already.. but Kirk didn't want too many answers right away. Instead he bit into another chocolate after asking.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
x5
Default Heading in!
Let your light shine || Be the sun || You're important. Always.

Noelle heard a come in from inside the office when she was outside.
Professor Hirsch was in office.

Noelle opened the door and gave a little peek in and waved before pulling her whole body into the classroom and closing the door behind her. "Hey Professor Hirsch" She told the man brightly as she headed towards the professor. "Do you have a few moments you can spare? I just have a few questions." She said with a wiggle of her parchment paper. The paper she had just scribbled her thoughts on.

Noelle moved to take a seat in the seat she'd be in the last few years, back to back. This year, she filled the seat. She could remember when she came in her second term. She had been a lot smaller... due to several reasons. She'd been broken. She winced when you had tried touching her. Her voice had been quiet and broken.

Now, because of the help of Hirsch and others. She was sitting in his chair confidently. her old self restored plus more. She crossed her legs and faced him. "I wanted to talk about YATi program, Uni, Auror training." Just for starters. If they had enough time, she wanted to go over a few more things.

Farah Dubey Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Old 05-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Hiiiirsch
Quote:
[COLOR="#704343"]

A permanent seat in his office was probably a good idea for one Jessa Cambridge. But then again, how jealous would people get?

As it were, the man had been out for his daily jog and was only just heading back to his office. There weren't any appointments arranged and he hadn't asked anyone to come and see him so he didn't expect there to be anyone waiting for him the minute he got back.

Wrong? He was. But was he surprised to see exactly who was there? Not at all.

In fact, after he'd gotten over his initial surprise at seeing someone there in the first place, Hirsch found himself smiling amusingly to himself as he headed across the Seating Area and towards the Ravenclaw. "Didn't expect to see you here so soon, Jessa." Taking his wand out, he flicked it towards the direction of his locked door. There was a resounding click and the door swung open to reveal the very familiar teal coloured office.

Surely, she didn't need an invitation to come in?

OOC: DANIIIIIII! Sorry to keep you waiting so long! You're free to post in the office thread now ^^

Seeing her Head of House in his current state was all the explanation she needed. Now it made perfect sense him not answering within seconds of her knocks. He was trained for emergencies and didn't strike her as the type to sit around not knowing whether the next knock would be serious or not.

Jessa turned to him with a grin, glad he hadn't JUST left his office which would have resulted in quite the long wait for the young girl--and on a day she hadn't brought a book with her to while away the time. It would only have ended so well and no more.

She stepped by him to enter the office, choosing the seat she always did and making herself comfortable.

"I actually came with a request today, Professor." As opposed to a question, because in this case you couldn't really get the right answers with only questions. This was one of those things you'd have to experience, y'know?

"I'd like to be given detention." Comfy comfy chair.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
Default I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long! Thank you for being patient <3
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Quote:
The glasses gave an additional air of distinction to the professor that Levi hadn't been expecting. He felt that this discovery ought to have helped, somewhat, alleviate his nerves; but mostly, it made his stomach behave in a way that was not necessarily strange in the presence of certain individuals.

If he could have rolled his eyes at himself without alerting Hirsch, he would have.

Levi smiled, tentatively, instead. The one thing he had on his side was that the Ravenclaw head of the house appeared to be surprised by his visit, something he intended to use to his advantage. Or, at least, he'd certainly try to. "Please, just Levi. Mr. Kenning is my dad and sometimes my grandfather." He invited himself to sit down because standing up was beginning to make him anxious; the last thing he needed was another stress rash. He'd had enough of those the month before his OWLs to last him a lifetime. "I'm interested in the healing program, and healer Reed, well--" The boy tugged his red and gold tie, loosening it just a little bit, "he stressed the importance of a good defense background and he advised I come to you." Well, Levi had mentioned perhaps paying a visit last term, but Reed had certainly agreed. So, totally the same thing.

Hirsch couldn't help but smile at the Gryffindor's response. True, it was probably nerve-wracking to come and see a Professor but he doubted that he was anyone to be scared of. "Levi, it is. I'll keep that in mind if I ever happen to meet your father." Which, on second thought, he hoped he didn't. Parent-teacher meetings were never fun.

Oh? The smile on his face widened at the mention of both the Healing programme and a good defence background. "Firstly, I'm sure Healer Reed is impressed and excited to see you so interested in the Healing programme." He would've been. "And it's true: Healers need to be good with their wandwork and need to be able to defend not only the patient but themselves should they find themselves in that kind of situation. Frankly, I'm not worried about you, especially with Defence. You have a good head on your shoulders so I don't doubt that you'd do well later on in life." All he had to do was keep working hard.

Easier said than done?

Pause. "Is there anything with defence that you happen to be struggling with? Anything that I can help you with?"

Quote:
Made for the stage... Rooney smiled, giving his Head of House a small insight into just how good it was to hear that sort of positivity in regards to his choice of life. "I was made for a lot of things, Professor Hirsch. The stage being one of them." There were lots of other things that he felt he was made for - his position as Head Boy being another of them. He gave a look towards the mug when it was gestured and nodded. "Sure, I'll have some." He hadn't ever heard of Turkish coffee before, but he doubted that Hirsch would drink anything that was absolutely disgusting. Besides, the man had a thing for good coffee, didn't he? Rumour had it.

"Sir, I know more about you than you think I do." Research reasons, of course. Plus, Rooney overanalysed all the things that Hirsch had ever said in his presence and perhaps why he had ever done anything that he had before. The most recent of all this was why he wasn't married yet, or a father. Roo's conclusions were that he was just married to the job and parented his students more than enough to have his own yet. Clearly, his favourite was this one right here, but that was another story. "I'm sure the beach side of things could be considered when Olivia and I holiday after our wedding." Had that been a subtle hint as to how his own summer had went? Perhaps Hirsch wouldn't pick up on that.

With another nod and smile, Rooney answered. "It's suiting me perfectly, Sir. I think it's just the natural progression from being Prefect for the past few years. I've wanted it since I was really young, you know." Of course he knew. Everyone knew.

Rooney Bronwyn was good at a lot of things and having the right answer was one of them. "Touchè," he said, giving the boy a nod of his head. It was a very good point he'd just made, after all. Taking out his wand, he gave the kettle a wave followed by a tap: one to conjure water in there and the other to get it to start boiling. Another wave was directed at a nearby mug that was reserved for visitors, which zoomed and came to a stop right in front of Rooney himself. "Sugar? Milk?"

He knew more about him than he thought he did? While this would've made him feel slightly scared, he found that he wasn't entirely surprised by this statement. "Should I be scared, Rooney?" Though, yes, Rooney was right. He was married to his job and he did parent his students more than enough to have his own. Though, that was something he would never outwardly admit.

And then he said it.

And Hirsch blinked.

The word 'wedding' rung in the air and, had he been taking a sip of his coffee, he would've spat it out right then and there. "You're getting married?! When did this happen?" This was very new. And, as weird as it would be to see one of his students getting married before himself, he expected an invite to this wedding. Just saying.

He did know. Hadn't he mentioned his mum being a Prefect just last term? "Your mum must be very happy with this news." He had told her, right? "I can't imagine anyone better suited for the role. You've done brilliantly as a Prefect so I have no doubt that you'll do the same as Head Boy."

Quote:
How was his Uncle Justin? "He's alright," Kirk answered, not really sure what to think as he watched the Professor open up something his Uncle got. Was he expected to record his reaction with a quill and ink ready at hand? Or was he meant to get something in return to deliver back? "He mentioned something about you making it to the next party." It was ironic that his Professor and Head of House was a student to his Uncle, the best friend of his father. So what was in the parcel.... chocolates. Hershey's Kisses in a box.

Hershey's... kisses.. Now Kirk wasn't immune to smiling, he just happen to be gifted at remaining a straight face at all times. This moment however threatened to break it as his eyes widened. Not just at the apparent pun but at the laughter that ensued from the inside joke. So the Professor loved chocolate and was offering some to him. "..thanks." Reaching out to take some chocolate. It looked like he would have to write back a letter after all.

The advice though. It didn't seem too surprising to Kirk about the extra attention he would need to give his studies now. Don't stress, but don't relax? His parents had the same opposing views on how he should spend his year. Maybe that was the secret deal the adults had with each other, confuse the young one so they could make up their own mind? Kirk tried not to get too lost in these thoughts as he stared blankly at Professor Hirsch. "I see.." So basically, just do what he needed to do but don't slack off on what's coming next. He was nearly 15 years old, only two years away from being of age but hadn't give much thought. "Professor.. did you always know growing up that you wanted to be a professor?" And if not, how long did it take him to know? The questions were forming in his head already.. but Kirk didn't want too many answers right away. Instead he bit into another chocolate after asking.

The next party? Hirsch couldn't help but let out a small snort at that comment. "Tell him that I'll be there. And that I'll get my revenge on him as well." Though, considering, maybe this was something he should tell the man himself? Kirk was no owl, after all, and he, Hirsch, did need to contact the man. Because as weird as it was to work alongside one of his former Professors, it was even weirder not to see said Professor wandering these halls.

That blank look from Kirk hadn't gone unnoticed. It was hard to tell whether that blank look meant that the boy was confused or was simply processing the information that had been thrown at him. Teenagers themselves were confusing but that wasn't something he was about to go into. "It's... confusing, yes, but it's better to be prepared than not. Just don't stress yourself out about it." That was what fifth year was for.

The next question was slightly more difficult. There was a slight pause in which the man thought back to his past, especially his boxing club and Durmstrang days. "I used to be part of a youth combat club back in Germany where I learn how to box and do some basic combat and, as I progressed in the club, I was able to teach the younger kids. I guess, looking back, I always liked teaching. It's the idea of passing on knowledge, you know? I was always better at defensive magic as well," And it often got out of hand but that wasn't something he was going to mention. "so, when it came to thinking about my career, I decided to do Defence at university and a teaching degree on the side." And that was his life story.

Text Cut: Noelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCoeur View Post
Noelle heard a come in from inside the office when she was outside.
Professor Hirsch was in office.

Noelle opened the door and gave a little peek in and waved before pulling her whole body into the classroom and closing the door behind her. "Hey Professor Hirsch" She told the man brightly as she headed towards the professor. "Do you have a few moments you can spare? I just have a few questions." She said with a wiggle of her parchment paper. The paper she had just scribbled her thoughts on.

Noelle moved to take a seat in the seat she'd be in the last few years, back to back. This year, she filled the seat. She could remember when she came in her second term. She had been a lot smaller... due to several reasons. She'd been broken. She winced when you had tried touching her. Her voice had been quiet and broken.

Now, because of the help of Hirsch and others. She was sitting in his chair confidently. her old self restored plus more. She crossed her legs and faced him. "I wanted to talk about YATi program, Uni, Auror training." Just for starters. If they had enough time, she wanted to go over a few more things.

Taking up a quill, Hirsch was in the process of scribbling in a few notes when the door opened and he found himself looking up. Noticing who it was, his face immediately lit up and he forgot all about whatever it was he was going to make a note of.

Did he care? No.

"Noelle! It's good to see you again. Yes, of course," he said, placing his quill down. He started piling up the sheets of parchment on one side of his desk, not caring about whether they were in order or not. Surely, whatever it is that was going to be discussed was more important right now.

And he was very curious about that sheet of parchment she had in her hand.

When that was done, he sat himself down and found himself smiling even wider when she started speaking. Sure, it was always exciting to see your students progress, with Noelle going through one of the biggest progressions he knew of, but the mere mention of something to do with Defence had him excited. "I knew it! I had a few suspicions that this might be the path you'd want to take," Her defensive magic was, after all, exceptional. "Just to clarify: you do want to go into Auror training, right?"

Text Cut: Jessa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Seeing her Head of House in his current state was all the explanation she needed. Now it made perfect sense him not answering within seconds of her knocks. He was trained for emergencies and didn't strike her as the type to sit around not knowing whether the next knock would be serious or not.

Jessa turned to him with a grin, glad he hadn't JUST left his office which would have resulted in quite the long wait for the young girl--and on a day she hadn't brought a book with her to while away the time. It would only have ended so well and no more.

She stepped by him to enter the office, choosing the seat she always did and making herself comfortable.

"I actually came with a request today, Professor." As opposed to a question, because in this case you couldn't really get the right answers with only questions. This was one of those things you'd have to experience, y'know?

"I'd like to be given detention." Comfy comfy chair.

If it was up to Hirsch, he would've liked to have not been sweaty and in jogging attire during this meeting. It didn't say that he was someone you should get advice from, you know? And while he wasn't exactly the sharpest dressed person in the building, he did like to make sure his students knew that he wasn't a lazy layabout.

Heading into his office, the man moved to sit down on his chair, smiling at the way Jessa had already made herself comfortable in the chair she often sat on. Again, she didn't need an invitation. It was all way too familiar.

That statement, however, was not.

He usually expected some kind of question from an inquisitive Ravenclaw like her, one that he hoped he'd have an answer to, but a request? He furrowed his eyebrows at her, wondering exactly what kind of request she was going to ask from her Head of Hou-

.......... Ah.

Yeah.... no. "You want detention? But... why?! Detention is so boring and not a fun place to be in." It was time for Jessa to answer a few questions because he was still very much confused.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

Quote:
Rooney Bronwyn was good at a lot of things and having the right answer was one of them. "Touchè," he said, giving the boy a nod of his head. It was a very good point he'd just made, after all. Taking out his wand, he gave the kettle a wave followed by a tap: one to conjure water in there and the other to get it to start boiling. Another wave was directed at a nearby mug that was reserved for visitors, which zoomed and came to a stop right in front of Rooney himself. "Sugar? Milk?"

He knew more about him than he thought he did? While this would've made him feel slightly scared, he found that he wasn't entirely surprised by this statement. "Should I be scared, Rooney?" Though, yes, Rooney was right. He was married to his job and he did parent his students more than enough to have his own. Though, that was something he would never outwardly admit.

And then he said it.

And Hirsch blinked.

The word 'wedding' rung in the air and, had he been taking a sip of his coffee, he would've spat it out right then and there. "You're getting married?! When did this happen?" This was very new. And, as weird as it would be to see one of his students getting married before himself, he expected an invite to this wedding. Just saying.

He did know. Hadn't he mentioned his mum being a Prefect just last term? "Your mum must be very happy with this news." He had told her, right? "I can't imagine anyone better suited for the role. You've done brilliantly as a Prefect so I have no doubt that you'll do the same as Head Boy."
"One sugar, Sir. Dash of milk." Rooney wasn't generally particular with his tea order, hence why he never minded if it came out different to how he made it himself. Tea was tea, right? His mother was one person that he didn't trust with the kettle, let alone being able to put sugar and milk into a mug with other things without something going wrong. Tamzin Bronwyn had a knack for making EVERYTHING in the kitchen go wrong and luckily none of her children had inherited that talent. Even Brinlee could operate kitchen things and she had her own bunch of issues.

With a shrug, Roo smiled. "You can be scared if you want, Sir. But it won't help either of us." Which was true, because his Head of House being scared of him was completely the opposite of the relationship that they needed to have...the relationship that they did have. Because Rooney had nothing but trust for the man before him. He had nothing but adoration for the man that he came to see more than once a week just to keep himself grounded. It wasn't a secret, but Rooney loved Professor Hirsch like family.

Family that looked incredibly confused at the mention of a wedding. "When Olivia graduates, Sir." He wasn't going to mention the reactions of her parents, because he didn't need that sort of judgement all over again. "I expect your plus one will be Healer Reed..?" Or had he completely read that summer holiday together wrong? "Or would you both prefer individual invitations? It might be serious by then, I'm thinking. First holidays usually mean seriousness, right? Or are adult relationships not like that?" Rooney had technically been on holiday with Olivia much before they had began dating. Hmm..

"Mum is more excited than anyone. I'm surprised she hasn't wrote to you about it yet."

Old 05-31-2017, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Hiiirsch
Quote:

If it was up to Hirsch, he would've liked to have not been sweaty and in jogging attire during this meeting. It didn't say that he was someone you should get advice from, you know? And while he wasn't exactly the sharpest dressed person in the building, he did like to make sure his students knew that he wasn't a lazy layabout.

Heading into his office, the man moved to sit down on his chair, smiling at the way Jessa had already made herself comfortable in the chair she often sat on. Again, she didn't need an invitation. It was all way too familiar.

That statement, however, was not.

He usually expected some kind of question from an inquisitive Ravenclaw like her, one that he hoped he'd have an answer to, but a request? He furrowed his eyebrows at her, wondering exactly what kind of request she was going to ask from her Head of Hou-

.......... Ah.

Yeah.... no. "You want detention? But... why?! Detention is so boring and not a fun place to be in." It was time for Jessa to answer a few questions because he was still very much confused.

Truth be told, Professor Hirsch could be sat across from her in nothing more than a colourful clown wig and his underwear and Jessa would still think he was the PERFECT person to receive advice from. Granted, she wouldn't be able to concentrate for even a lick of a second but that wasn't the point. It was going on three years, there wasn't anyone in the entire castle (in the young girl's estimation) that knew more, cared more and did more than her Head of House. He was her go to, no doubt about that.

But anyway. The request.

She'd been expecting the questions, knowing herself that the request was an odd one. The average student didn't get up and asked to be placed in detention, y'know?

"Yes, I would." She confirmed, right before heading into her explanation. "See, Prefects and Professors are always threatening detention if we don't shape up and if we stay out after curfew or if we get caught doing something out of line." Jessa was typically well behaved, and rarely got such threats but it didn't make her any less curious. "And usually, students just fall in line. Rooney made a joke about ensuring I get detention for a week for every minute I was out after curfew and for the smallest second, I was scared but then I thought....I've never had detention, how do I know I should be scared? What makes it scary? What happens down there? Are the rumours true? Sam says it's different depending on the Professor so I reckon it must be different depending on the student which means I can't really just ask someone what it's like. I'll need one for myself."

It all made sense in her head. "And there's no one I trust more to give me a detention than you." A sentence that wasn't necessarily meant to be emotional or even sentimental but factual. Small, cramped or closed spaced freaked her out and by proxy so did the people in them with her. She'd gotten very used to being locked in rooms with her Head of House. Note she no longer stood at the door adamantly refusing to come inside when she came for meetings. Didn't happen with the other Professors, just him.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 06-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:

The next party? Hirsch couldn't help but let out a small snort at that comment. "Tell him that I'll be there. And that I'll get my revenge on him as well." Though, considering, maybe this was something he should tell the man himself? Kirk was no owl, after all, and he, Hirsch, did need to contact the man. Because as weird as it was to work alongside one of his former Professors, it was even weirder not to see said Professor wandering these halls.

That blank look from Kirk hadn't gone unnoticed. It was hard to tell whether that blank look meant that the boy was confused or was simply processing the information that had been thrown at him. Teenagers themselves were confusing but that wasn't something he was about to go into. "It's... confusing, yes, but it's better to be prepared than not. Just don't stress yourself out about it." That was what fifth year was for.

The next question was slightly more difficult. There was a slight pause in which the man thought back to his past, especially his boxing club and Durmstrang days. "I used to be part of a youth combat club back in Germany where I learn how to box and do some basic combat and, as I progressed in the club, I was able to teach the younger kids. I guess, looking back, I always liked teaching. It's the idea of passing on knowledge, you know? I was always better at defensive magic as well," And it often got out of hand but that wasn't something he was going to mention. "so, when it came to thinking about my career, I decided to do Defence at university and a teaching degree on the side." And that was his life story.

Tell him and.. did he say revenge? Kirk considered for a moment. Help his Uncle.. help his Professor. Help the man his father trusted to watch over him.. Or help the man that the other man who his father trusted over trusted. Well, there did seem to be more to gain with one over the other. "Sure.. do you want some help with that, sir?" With the revenge, not just sending the message, of course.. But perhaps this was something not meant for a student to get involved? Adults were weird to Kirk, but as long as it gave him an excuse to be weird too without judgement, he was down for it. It actually got him thinking, "So, I had heard from Uncle Justin that you followed him to the school here. Is there any truth to that?" From little he heard, Hogwarts was safer but that wasn't saying much to him considering what he had to have been through.

Kirk however didn't come to just talk about his Uncle, as he merely wanted to get to know his Head of House more. Four years under his reigns and in classes and they were still pretty formal. His previously neutral face, relaxed fully by now. "I guess thinking about it, I do like playing with some creatures and keeping a track of the stars with when they align.. But nothing else seems to stick out at the moment.." Which did mean he could relax at the moment as subjects came through his way.. somewhat.

Confusing was one thing, but indecisive was another. It seemed like his Head of House didn't know either on his career far in advance, but there were signs already present. Hmm.. If it were anyone else, this would totally be the time to call an end to this meeting and simply go about his schooling business for the entirety of his year. But this was Kirk, he just got a bit more information on him. "You were in a combat team?" Not that it was surprising, with the whole Dueling Club and all. But that club had been around for ages, it seemed more like a requirement than a choice to run it. Plus, he never heard much about physical activities outside of Gobstones and Quidditch. "You must have won a lot of fights to be able to help teach others back then." And if so.. Bam. Looks like he found himself a role model. To think though that he could've been teaching combat outside of wand use at another school. Fascinating..

Old 06-04-2017, 03:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
x5

Quote:

Taking up a quill, Hirsch was in the process of scribbling in a few notes when the door opened and he found himself looking up. Noticing who it was, his face immediately lit up and he forgot all about whatever it was he was going to make a note of.

Did he care? No.

"Noelle! It's good to see you again. Yes, of course," he said, placing his quill down. He started piling up the sheets of parchment on one side of his desk, not caring about whether they were in order or not. Surely, whatever it is that was going to be discussed was more important right now.

And he was very curious about that sheet of parchment she had in her hand.

When that was done, he sat himself down and found himself smiling even wider when she started speaking. Sure, it was always exciting to see your students progress, with Noelle going through one of the biggest progressions he knew of, but the mere mention of something to do with Defence had him excited. "I knew it! I had a few suspicions that this might be the path you'd want to take," Her defensive magic was, after all, exceptional. "Just to clarify: you do want to go into Auror training, right?"

Watching Hirsch's face was one of the best things about talking to him. He literally said everything with that face of his. Noelle grinned watching it. "Yessss! Of course I do!" Because seriously Hirsch.. after all these years of talking about it, why would she suddenly NOT want to?

"I want to see what my next steps are. Training wise." She said, putting the parchment on his desk and pulling out a self-inking quill. She was ready to take notes, Professor.

Also, taking a quick look around, she noticed she was in deed interrupting him from something. She saw the stacked papers around. "I won't take too much of your time up, I promise. Then you can get back to your work." She said offering him a big smile.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11

Quote:
"One sugar, Sir. Dash of milk." Rooney wasn't generally particular with his tea order, hence why he never minded if it came out different to how he made it himself. Tea was tea, right? His mother was one person that he didn't trust with the kettle, let alone being able to put sugar and milk into a mug with other things without something going wrong. Tamzin Bronwyn had a knack for making EVERYTHING in the kitchen go wrong and luckily none of her children had inherited that talent. Even Brinlee could operate kitchen things and she had her own bunch of issues.

With a shrug, Roo smiled. "You can be scared if you want, Sir. But it won't help either of us." Which was true, because his Head of House being scared of him was completely the opposite of the relationship that they needed to have...the relationship that they did have. Because Rooney had nothing but trust for the man before him. He had nothing but adoration for the man that he came to see more than once a week just to keep himself grounded. It wasn't a secret, but Rooney loved Professor Hirsch like family.

Family that looked incredibly confused at the mention of a wedding. "When Olivia graduates, Sir." He wasn't going to mention the reactions of her parents, because he didn't need that sort of judgement all over again. "I expect your plus one will be Healer Reed..?" Or had he completely read that summer holiday together wrong? "Or would you both prefer individual invitations? It might be serious by then, I'm thinking. First holidays usually mean seriousness, right? Or are adult relationships not like that?" Rooney had technically been on holiday with Olivia much before they had began dating. Hmm..

"Mum is more excited than anyone. I'm surprised she hasn't wrote to you about it yet."

Making Rooney's drink using only magic felt like orchestrating a choir, but not nearly as complex or with as many flourishes. The dash of milk went in first, guided by Hirsch to only drop a dash of it in. Control was everything. And since he'd never made a drink for the Head Boy before, this had to be perfect. When the milk jug - kept cool for good reason - was done, one sugar cube followed and landed into the mug with the softest of PLONK!s. And last of all? A teaspoon stirring the contents together.

And will you look at that? "Your order is ready."

It won't help either of them? Hirsch couldn't help but smile at that. "Always full of wise words." Which made him fit very well into his house. "But you're right, of course. So, I won't be scared of you knowing whatever secrets you happen to know about me." Besides, the boy was smart enough to know which secrets to keep a secret.

He had to admit, he was happy to know that Rooney was going to wait for Olivia to graduate before getting married. It wasn't in his place to judge but if this was to happen while the girl was still studying, that would place too much stress on her. On both of them, in fact. "Wise choice. I'm glad you've thought about this as well."

................ What?

No, really, what?!

Hirsch, who'd been taking a sip of his cup of coffee, choked. "What? Healer Reed as my plus one?" What?! "Healer Reed and I are just good friends. Really good friends, in fact. What made you think we were dating?" This wasn't a common thought amongst the student body, was it?

River was going to be told about this.

"I expect to get an excited owl from her soon, then." Maybe there would be mentions of the wedding in there as well.

Quote:
Truth be told, Professor Hirsch could be sat across from her in nothing more than a colourful clown wig and his underwear and Jessa would still think he was the PERFECT person to receive advice from. Granted, she wouldn't be able to concentrate for even a lick of a second but that wasn't the point. It was going on three years, there wasn't anyone in the entire castle (in the young girl's estimation) that knew more, cared more and did more than her Head of House. He was her go to, no doubt about that.

But anyway. The request.

She'd been expecting the questions, knowing herself that the request was an odd one. The average student didn't get up and asked to be placed in detention, y'know?

"Yes, I would." She confirmed, right before heading into her explanation. "See, Prefects and Professors are always threatening detention if we don't shape up and if we stay out after curfew or if we get caught doing something out of line." Jessa was typically well behaved, and rarely got such threats but it didn't make her any less curious. "And usually, students just fall in line. Rooney made a joke about ensuring I get detention for a week for every minute I was out after curfew and for the smallest second, I was scared but then I thought....I've never had detention, how do I know I should be scared? What makes it scary? What happens down there? Are the rumours true? Sam says it's different depending on the Professor so I reckon it must be different depending on the student which means I can't really just ask someone what it's like. I'll need one for myself."

It all made sense in her head. "And there's no one I trust more to give me a detention than you." A sentence that wasn't necessarily meant to be emotional or even sentimental but factual. Small, cramped or closed spaced freaked her out and by proxy so did the people in them with her. She'd gotten very used to being locked in rooms with her Head of House. Note she no longer stood at the door adamantly refusing to come inside when she came for meetings. Didn't happen with the other Professors, just him.

No, the average student didn't ask for detentions but when has Jessa Cambridge ever been average?

As the girl started to explain her line of thought, Hirsch sat there, elbow propped up on the table and his chin on his hands. His first thought? Whether this was a warning the girl had noticed during her time at the school or whether this was being brought up because someone had warned her to behave. He couldn't imagine her doing anything to cause a lot of trouble, unless she happened to blow up a cauldron in Potions.

If he was going to be honest with himself, that thought would made him laugh. Poor Ciara.

He did, however, raise an eyebrow at the mention of being outside after curfew. Surely, that's not something she should be mentioning to her Head of House? Hm?

"First of all, I hope you're not out after curfew for too long." Or was this just being said hypothetically? "Detentions are usually set with the idea of teaching the student a lesson. If you did something you shouldn't, the professor would assign a detention that's based around what it is that you did so that you learn not to do said thing again. So yes, Miss Tyler is right. It depends on what you did and the Professor who's given you the detention. Some might give a boring detention, some might give a scary one. It depends."

Pause. "This is a common lesson in the real world as well. When you were growing up, did your parents ever tell you not to do something or they'll take something away from you? Or, it's the idea of not wanting to go to Azkaban and deal with the Dementors that makes most people abide by the Ministry's laws." Operant Conditioning, anyone? "The same principle applies here."

And then she had to go and say that sentence.

And Hirsch, as cool and collected as he usually was, couldn't help but feel his heart lift at those words. It was nice to know that your students trusted you and didn't just look at you as the person who gives them too much homework. He vaguely remembered the first time she'd come to his office and the way she would usually stand at the door, refusing to come inside properly.

But the request. The request was still hanging in the air and Hirsch wasn't sure how he felt about it. "Would it provide you with conclusive evidence?" Speaking her language here, shouldn't she get a proper detention to get precise results? "I can show you the detentions and tell you some stories, if you like, but I'm not giving you a proper detention." Personally, he didn't feel like he could do that.

Quote:
Tell him and.. did he say revenge? Kirk considered for a moment. Help his Uncle.. help his Professor. Help the man his father trusted to watch over him.. Or help the man that the other man who his father trusted over trusted. Well, there did seem to be more to gain with one over the other. "Sure.. do you want some help with that, sir?" With the revenge, not just sending the message, of course.. But perhaps this was something not meant for a student to get involved? Adults were weird to Kirk, but as long as it gave him an excuse to be weird too without judgement, he was down for it. It actually got him thinking, "So, I had heard from Uncle Justin that you followed him to the school here. Is there any truth to that?" From little he heard, Hogwarts was safer but that wasn't saying much to him considering what he had to have been through.

Kirk however didn't come to just talk about his Uncle, as he merely wanted to get to know his Head of House more. Four years under his reigns and in classes and they were still pretty formal. His previously neutral face, relaxed fully by now. "I guess thinking about it, I do like playing with some creatures and keeping a track of the stars with when they align.. But nothing else seems to stick out at the moment.." Which did mean he could relax at the moment as subjects came through his way.. somewhat.

Confusing was one thing, but indecisive was another. It seemed like his Head of House didn't know either on his career far in advance, but there were signs already present. Hmm.. If it were anyone else, this would totally be the time to call an end to this meeting and simply go about his schooling business for the entirety of his year. But this was Kirk, he just got a bit more information on him. "You were in a combat team?" Not that it was surprising, with the whole Dueling Club and all. But that club had been around for ages, it seemed more like a requirement than a choice to run it. Plus, he never heard much about physical activities outside of Gobstones and Quidditch. "You must have won a lot of fights to be able to help teach others back then." And if so.. Bam. Looks like he found himself a role model. To think though that he could've been teaching combat outside of wand use at another school. Fascinating..

Hirsch couldn't help but raise his eyebrows at that question. Help? He wanted to help?! "Against your own uncle?" That was a brave move, Kirk. "Sure. You could be my spy in this mission." Did he have a plan? No. Did he know what he was talking about? Absolutely not. But right at this very minute, it was nice to go along with it. And it would be nice to see Justin's reaction to this. Justin, who was currently feeding his own lies to his nephew. The man let out a chuckle and shook his head because yes, this sounded very much like something the man would say. "He likes to think that I'm following in his footsteps. I've never told him this but he was a bit of a mentor to me back at Durmstrang." Pause. "But don't tell him I said that."

Creatures... and Astronomy? "That's an interesting mix of subjects. The only thing I can think of is working with centaurs," Which included creatures and stars. "but I don't think that's what you're going for?" Two very different subjects, those were. "Okay, do this: close your eyes and try to picture yourself older. Five or ten years in the future, in fact. You're working in your ideal job and you're happy with your career choice, too." Which was important, by the way. "What do you see yourself doing?"

Hirsch smiled slightly and nodded at the question. "I was. And I have some medals to prove it... as well as some scars." Each one had their own story behind it and most were cleverly covered up by his tattoos. A small, slightly sheepish grin spread across his face and he nodded slowly. "Won some, lost some, but learnt from every one. It's why I always preach constant vigilance."

Quote:
Watching Hirsch's face was one of the best things about talking to him. He literally said everything with that face of his. Noelle grinned watching it. "Yessss! Of course I do!" Because seriously Hirsch.. after all these years of talking about it, why would she suddenly NOT want to?

"I want to see what my next steps are. Training wise." She said, putting the parchment on his desk and pulling out a self-inking quill. She was ready to take notes, Professor.

Also, taking a quick look around, she noticed she was in deed interrupting him from something. She saw the stacked papers around. "I won't take too much of your time up, I promise. Then you can get back to your work." She said offering him a big smile.

Hirsch's face did say everything but was it really surprising with the news she had decided to come to him about? The smile stayed there at her confirmation and he said, "Good to know." If she had come to tell him that she was going to go along another path, he wouldn't been very shocked and a little upset.

Next steps? His eyes found the professor and the quill she was using. So that was what this was for? "I'd say we need to get your non-verbal defensive and offensive magic up. Make sure you're comfortable enough to cast them even in the most pressurising of situations. And get you practising more advanced kinds of magic, like conjoining charms, for example." Bending the curriculum? He was. But if it was for a good cause, that wasn't any concern of his. "Maybe even throw you in a few challenge-situations where you're almost in a real-life situation where you have to put your defensive skills to good use." Whether she'd have the time, however, was another story. "You'll be in a duel against an Auror or a YATI this year so your task during that is to take good note of what it is that they do. Everyone has their own unique style to duelling but you could easily pick up on anything special, any tactics they use that could help you as well."

Get back to his work? Hirsch followed her gaze and found himself looking at the stack of papers that he had haphazardly placed on the side of his desk. Ah. Ah. He paused for a moment before looking back at the sixth year and shaking his head. "This is much more important. The papers can wait."
Old 06-13-2017, 02:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
x5

Quote:
Hirsch's face did say everything but was it really surprising with the news she had decided to come to him about? The smile stayed there at her confirmation and he said, "Good to know." If she had come to tell him that she was going to go along another path, he wouldn't been very shocked and a little upset.

Next steps? His eyes found the professor and the quill she was using. So that was what this was for? "I'd say we need to get your non-verbal defensive and offensive magic up. Make sure you're comfortable enough to cast them even in the most pressurising of situations. And get you practising more advanced kinds of magic, like conjoining charms, for example." Bending the curriculum? He was. But if it was for a good cause, that wasn't any concern of his. "Maybe even throw you in a few challenge-situations where you're almost in a real-life situation where you have to put your defensive skills to good use." Whether she'd have the time, however, was another story. "You'll be in a duel against an Auror or a YATI this year so your task during that is to take good note of what it is that they do. Everyone has their own unique style to duelling but you could easily pick up on anything special, any tactics they use that could help you as well."

Get back to his work? Hirsch followed her gaze and found himself looking at the stack of papers that he had haphazardly placed on the side of his desk. Ah. Ah. He paused for a moment before looking back at the sixth year and shaking his head. "This is much more important. The papers can wait."[/COLOR]
Noelle's quill started scribbling while Professor Hirsch was speaking. Her head was down as she looked at her parchment, taking notes on everything that she could. Could you tell she was excited but dedicated?? Because she totally was.

But her eyes glanced up in shock when he said that she would be dueling an auror or a YATi this term. What?? She blinked. "Like... a real duel?? Against an auror???" Merlin's beard... was an EXPERIENCE. But also... a frightening one. "And real life situations?" The hair on her skin rose a bit... she hoped he wasn't about to put her back in a situation that she'd been in when she was 12. Or.... wait. That might be a good thing. Something she needed to finally overcome and give closure to that point in her life. To fully over come that. But still... the thought was scary.

Noelle shook her head from her thoughts and got back down to business. "When will we be able to start these? I do have more time available this term. Time that Im hoping to use for my training." She'd dropped a couple of classes that she'd spoken to him about, about not needing. "And when will this auror/YATi duel be?" Her lip twitched in the slightest at even thinking about her being good enough to duel against A YATi or an auror. Merlin better be with her.

She looked at him closely. "I'll be in the training room any chance I get." Not that she wasn't already. "Is there anyone else I can talk to about helping me train if you're not available?" An seventh year?

When Hirsch looked at his papers and then back at her and said this was more important, Noelle's heart swelled. She smiled brightly at him. "Thank you professor. For everything. Without you... I wonder where my life would be now if you hadn't helped me get my confidence back." She meant it genuinely. Merlin, this professor.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:59 AM   #19 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Hirsch :3
Quote:

No, the average student didn't ask for detentions but when has Jessa Cambridge ever been average?

As the girl started to explain her line of thought, Hirsch sat there, elbow propped up on the table and his chin on his hands. His first thought? Whether this was a warning the girl had noticed during her time at the school or whether this was being brought up because someone had warned her to behave. He couldn't imagine her doing anything to cause a lot of trouble, unless she happened to blow up a cauldron in Potions.

If he was going to be honest with himself, that thought would made him laugh. Poor Ciara.

He did, however, raise an eyebrow at the mention of being outside after curfew. Surely, that's not something she should be mentioning to her Head of House? Hm?

"First of all, I hope you're not out after curfew for too long." Or was this just being said hypothetically? "Detentions are usually set with the idea of teaching the student a lesson. If you did something you shouldn't, the professor would assign a detention that's based around what it is that you did so that you learn not to do said thing again. So yes, Miss Tyler is right. It depends on what you did and the Professor who's given you the detention. Some might give a boring detention, some might give a scary one. It depends."

Pause. "This is a common lesson in the real world as well. When you were growing up, did your parents ever tell you not to do something or they'll take something away from you? Or, it's the idea of not wanting to go to Azkaban and deal with the Dementors that makes most people abide by the Ministry's laws." Operant Conditioning, anyone? "The same principle applies here."

And then she had to go and say that sentence.

And Hirsch, as cool and collected as he usually was, couldn't help but feel his heart lift at those words. It was nice to know that your students trusted you and didn't just look at you as the person who gives them too much homework. He vaguely remembered the first time she'd come to his office and the way she would usually stand at the door, refusing to come inside properly.

But the request. The request was still hanging in the air and Hirsch wasn't sure how he felt about it. "Would it provide you with conclusive evidence?" Speaking her language here, shouldn't she get a proper detention to get precise results? "I can show you the detentions and tell you some stories, if you like, but I'm not giving you a proper detention." Personally, he didn't feel like he could do that.

"Oh, I'm seldom out after curfew, Professor." She reassured. "Usually I just stay down in the Common Room so whatever I'm doing doesn't disturb the sleep of my dormmates." Because then they'd make the biggest fuss and come complaining to him and he'd have to do the unbias thing by asking that she take her experiments elsewhere or conduct them during reasonable hours. In the end, she was saving everyone the trouble. See? Well behaved this one.

Suffice to say the more he explained was the more convinced she was that this would be something she would need to see for herself.

"It's kinda like kissing then!" She offered, drawing parallels where she could. Typically doing so helped her grasp concepts more easily. "Very different depending on both the person and who they're kissing but in this case, depending on who's in detention and who gave 'em it...which.....could mean an infinite amount of possibilities."

Tons of combinations she may have needed to try. Huh. She'd need to draft up some assessment sheets. "I think I'd like yours, because you're neither boring nor scary. I wonder what lesson I should try to learn--I could mess with the dummies in the training arena if it'll help change your mind. I dunno. I'm new at this." Trouble wasn't exactly something Jessa went looking for, but she would admit that each discovery had its own set of risks and she was usually prepared to accept them. Thing was, growing up, her father had never really told her not to do something, her restrictions came with her step-father and her mother's insistence she stop her accidental magic, or else. In those cases there was very little she could do about it. Additionally, she felt she may like to see a dementor--but of course she saw where Hirsch was going with this.

Jessa nodded with a grin. "Yes, very conclusive!" Except....stories. "But what if I don't react in the same way to the story as the person had during their detention? 'Cause we're probably very different. I might find it interesting or terrifying while they didn't." Pause. "What about....simulating detention then? Just pretend? Or I could go get one then you can supervise instead of whoever handed it out to me." Because again, she wasn't going down to the dungeons with just anyone. No chance in hell.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Default Merging TLs here as discussed? :3
Wowza!

Quote:

Hirsch couldn't help but smile at the Gryffindor's response. True, it was probably nerve-wracking to come and see a Professor but he doubted that he was anyone to be scared of. "Levi, it is. I'll keep that in mind if I ever happen to meet your father." Which, on second thought, he hoped he didn't. Parent-teacher meetings were never fun.

Oh? The smile on his face widened at the mention of both the Healing programme and a good defence background. "Firstly, I'm sure Healer Reed is impressed and excited to see you so interested in the Healing programme." He would've been. "And it's true: Healers need to be good with their wandwork and need to be able to defend not only the patient but themselves should they find themselves in that kind of situation. Frankly, I'm not worried about you, especially with Defence. You have a good head on your shoulders so I don't doubt that you'd do well later on in life." All he had to do was keep working hard.

Easier said than done?

Pause. "Is there anything with defence that you happen to be struggling with? Anything that I can help you with?"
"My dad's cool," he said, which wasn't necessarily true because Etienne Kenning was objectively uncool with his endless dad jokes, but for Hirsch related purposes Levi supposed 'cool' sufficed. There was no need to elaborate on his dad's levels of uncoolness, really. He grinned, a little. "It's my mum the one you'd have to worry about, honestly."

Rina was all of Althea's temper and Declan's presence and Levi's...well, he supposed he had her eyes and admittedly good looks. And... need to never acquaintance herself with failure...? He was struggling here, a little, but pretended not to notice.

But more of Hirsch's compliments and less of his inability to find a common ground with his mother whom he loved dearly, please. "That's--very kind of you to say, sir." He did not want to sound particularly surprised, but well; some of that surprise did make it in the end to his tone. Not one to particularly stand out in the dueling aspect of things--which was the popular thing to do, if he was not mistaken--Levi hadn't actually considered he'd ever left any kind of lasting impression on Professor Hirsch. Certainly not enough for the Ravenclaw head to be so open with his praise.

If he was being honest with himself, and for once he did not want to be, he was actually sort of blushing, a little. His ears were pink, at least. Not the first time he did it around Hirsch, but still; an unfortunate development, really. He fidgeted, a little bit. "Healer Reed is pleased, yes. I think, anyway. I've been spending some time with him in the hospital wing." It was a big deal to him though Levi tried to sound casual about it. "I did well enough in the first challenge, I think." Not enough to beat the Kyle Baker bloke, surely, but good enough. Even if getting the same amount of points as Brent, who was younger, stung a little bit. "But I also think it has a lot to do with me thinking that I was about to die." This came out bluntly. It wasn't that he didn't trust professors to keep him safe but also a monster had been loose the previous term. "My problem is that--the theory is all very well and good but the practice is another matter entirely. Not every situation is a life or death one, of course--but as you said, defense is key if I intend to make it to the healing program." He paused. "Or into any other field. I suppose I should not put all of my eggs in one single basket."
Old 06-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

DoM & DERP
Slytherin Slytherin
Knarl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Armand Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Damien Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Armand Erikson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Slade Erikson
Mysteries
Slytherin by heart

Kyle made his way into the office and looked around. It seemed rather busy in here. He wondered what all the drawers held. Magical items of some sort? Surely stuff that helped with defense. After all, that's what this professor was all about, wasn't it? He laid eyes on the picture of the professor's family and smiled a little. But, he wasn't here about that. He looked at Professor Hirsch and took a deep breath. Talking to adults was hard. But he would manage this one. Really he would. "I uh... I was talking to the Librarian about wandless magic. He lent me a few books to read, which I did. So, I think I understand the theory. I saw that casting each spell without a wand is much different than casting it with. But I'm also curious about raw magic. You know, not necessarily a spell. Technically, as younger kids we wind up showing our magical ability before we ever get our first wand. One of my friends, Jace, can kinda manipulate earth. Not much, just hold a ball of it in the air using magic. His dad made his kids practice it. Anyway, the Librarian told me that you and the Charms professor were the ones to talk to about wandless magic."

Old 06-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11

Quote:
Noelle's quill started scribbling while Professor Hirsch was speaking. Her head was down as she looked at her parchment, taking notes on everything that she could. Could you tell she was excited but dedicated?? Because she totally was.

But her eyes glanced up in shock when he said that she would be dueling an auror or a YATi this term. What?? She blinked. "Like... a real duel?? Against an auror???" Merlin's beard... was an EXPERIENCE. But also... a frightening one. "And real life situations?" The hair on her skin rose a bit... she hoped he wasn't about to put her back in a situation that she'd been in when she was 12. Or.... wait. That might be a good thing. Something she needed to finally overcome and give closure to that point in her life. To fully over come that. But still... the thought was scary.

Noelle shook her head from her thoughts and got back down to business. "When will we be able to start these? I do have more time available this term. Time that Im hoping to use for my training." She'd dropped a couple of classes that she'd spoken to him about, about not needing. "And when will this auror/YATi duel be?" Her lip twitched in the slightest at even thinking about her being good enough to duel against A YATi or an auror. Merlin better be with her.

She looked at him closely. "I'll be in the training room any chance I get." Not that she wasn't already. "Is there anyone else I can talk to about helping me train if you're not available?" An seventh year?

When Hirsch looked at his papers and then back at her and said this was more important, Noelle's heart swelled. She smiled brightly at him. "Thank you professor. For everything. Without you... I wonder where my life would be now if you hadn't helped me get my confidence back." She meant it genuinely. Merlin, this professor.

The amount of sheer dedication that Noelle presented was something that always made the man smile. It was nice to see that she was so focused on her goal that she wasn't about to deter from it. It was one of the many reasons why he knew that she wasn't about to fail in her mission; that he was going to be asking her to come to this very school to teach younger students how to duel like an Auror.

So, when she asked about duelling against an Auror this year, he simply nodded along calmly. "Of course! You're one of my top choices, I have to say." So he was interested to see how she fared under those circumstan- ........... oh. Uh. Was that the wrong thing to say? "Nothing life-threatening, mind you." He knew about her past, after all. "But sometimes, I find that it's easy to perform spells in a safe, classroom setting but not so much when you're under pressure. It's why most of my activities are so action-based. As if you're going to war with the dummies. Because if you're used to performing a spell under pressure, especially a difficult or life-saving one, you'll have no problem performing it when you need it the most." Was this cruel? He hoped not. "But if you're not comfortable with it, you can back out of the task whenever you want." Pause. "And I'll be there to overlook it all."

When will they be able to start? That simple question brought a smile to his face. "As soon as you can and as often as you can." Though, not everyday, okay? She was going to get tired of seeing his face, soon enough. "The Auror/YATI duel will take place towards the beginning of March. Which gives you plenty of time to prepare, if you want to."

Though he would've liked to be the one helping her, he understood why she might be inclined to go to someone else, especially if he wasn't available and she really wanted to learn. He paused, his mind trying to rack every older student he could think of. "Rula Botros and Rooney Bronwyn are both exceptional duellers. Maybe see if you can have some extra duels with Charlotte Kettleburn or Henry Whittebrook. They're likely to give you a challenge as well."

And then she had to go and say such nice words.

And Hirsch? Hirsch visibly beamed. "That's really nice of you to say, Noelle. Really. I'm very proud of the progress you've made since I started here. More proud than I can say, in fact." So really, she was to thank for this.

Quote:
"Oh, I'm seldom out after curfew, Professor." She reassured. "Usually I just stay down in the Common Room so whatever I'm doing doesn't disturb the sleep of my dormmates." Because then they'd make the biggest fuss and come complaining to him and he'd have to do the unbias thing by asking that she take her experiments elsewhere or conduct them during reasonable hours. In the end, she was saving everyone the trouble. See? Well behaved this one.

Suffice to say the more he explained was the more convinced she was that this would be something she would need to see for herself.

"It's kinda like kissing then!" She offered, drawing parallels where she could. Typically doing so helped her grasp concepts more easily. "Very different depending on both the person and who they're kissing but in this case, depending on who's in detention and who gave 'em it...which.....could mean an infinite amount of possibilities."

Tons of combinations she may have needed to try. Huh. She'd need to draft up some assessment sheets. "I think I'd like yours, because you're neither boring nor scary. I wonder what lesson I should try to learn--I could mess with the dummies in the training arena if it'll help change your mind. I dunno. I'm new at this." Trouble wasn't exactly something Jessa went looking for, but she would admit that each discovery had its own set of risks and she was usually prepared to accept them. Thing was, growing up, her father had never really told her not to do something, her restrictions came with her step-father and her mother's insistence she stop her accidental magic, or else. In those cases there was very little she could do about it. Additionally, she felt she may like to see a dementor--but of course she saw where Hirsch was going with this.

Jessa nodded with a grin. "Yes, very conclusive!" Except....stories. "But what if I don't react in the same way to the story as the person had during their detention? 'Cause we're probably very different. I might find it interesting or terrifying while they didn't." Pause. "What about....simulating detention then? Just pretend? Or I could go get one then you can supervise instead of whoever handed it out to me." Because again, she wasn't going down to the dungeons with just anyone. No chance in hell.

It was nice to hear that she wasn't out after curfew for too long. Because really, he didn't want to have to give her a detention in the first place, least of all for something like this. "It's nice of you to stay down in the common room for your experiments. Is the noise-protected part of the room helping? Can you still concentrate in there?"

WHAT?!

Was she talking about...... KISSING?!

Hirsch.... stared. Sure, he had absolutely no right to delve into the students' private lives and whatever she did was her own business but.... she was plainly talking to him about kissing and the... experimental side of it? Needless to say, Hirsch was confused. And a little taken aback that Jessa was talking about kissing at such a young age. He had absolutely no right to say anything, especially since he wasn't her father or parent figure or any of that, but he couldn't help but feel slightly.... protective.

There was also the matter of not needing to know what his students got up to in their spare time but the protectiveness was taking over right now.

"I...... guess......." he said slowly, shooting her a funny look, "Different people will give you different.... experiences and as a result, you might find that you like kissing some people more than others." Why was he talking about this? "But there's plenty of time to experiment with that." Just saying. "And how severe the damage is. The more severe the damage, the more severe the detention."

And she still wanted a detention from him. Even though the man would be very useless at giving a detention to a student he liked teaching. "Well, thank you, Jessa, but messing with the dummies isn't necessary." Mostly because they were just objects. She'd have to do something drastic which, well, he wasn't going to tell her to do. "You sure this still counts as a detention? A staged detention?"

He had to admit: she had a point about not reacting the same way as the person in any of the stories he was likely to tell her. "I guess," he said slowly, nodding at her, "I'd hate for you to get yourself into trouble like that but it would give the most accurate results....." Was it obvious that he was fighting with himself over this?

Quote:
"My dad's cool," he said, which wasn't necessarily true because Etienne Kenning was objectively uncool with his endless dad jokes, but for Hirsch related purposes Levi supposed 'cool' sufficed. There was no need to elaborate on his dad's levels of uncoolness, really. He grinned, a little. "It's my mum the one you'd have to worry about, honestly."

Rina was all of Althea's temper and Declan's presence and Levi's...well, he supposed he had her eyes and admittedly good looks. And... need to never acquaintance herself with failure...? He was struggling here, a little, but pretended not to notice.

But more of Hirsch's compliments and less of his inability to find a common ground with his mother whom he loved dearly, please. "That's--very kind of you to say, sir." He did not want to sound particularly surprised, but well; some of that surprise did make it in the end to his tone. Not one to particularly stand out in the dueling aspect of things--which was the popular thing to do, if he was not mistaken--Levi hadn't actually considered he'd ever left any kind of lasting impression on Professor Hirsch. Certainly not enough for the Ravenclaw head to be so open with his praise.

If he was being honest with himself, and for once he did not want to be, he was actually sort of blushing, a little. His ears were pink, at least. Not the first time he did it around Hirsch, but still; an unfortunate development, really. He fidgeted, a little bit. "Healer Reed is pleased, yes. I think, anyway. I've been spending some time with him in the hospital wing." It was a big deal to him though Levi tried to sound casual about it. "I did well enough in the first challenge, I think." Not enough to beat the Kyle Baker bloke, surely, but good enough. Even if getting the same amount of points as Brent, who was younger, stung a little bit. "But I also think it has a lot to do with me thinking that I was about to die." This came out bluntly. It wasn't that he didn't trust professors to keep him safe but also a monster had been loose the previous term. "My problem is that--the theory is all very well and good but the practice is another matter entirely. Not every situation is a life or death one, of course--but as you said, defense is key if I intend to make it to the healing program." He paused. "Or into any other field. I suppose I should not put all of my eggs in one single basket."

It was his mum he had to worry about? This.... did worry Hirsch a little. If he happened to have a parent-teacher conference with another parent, and one that he had to worry about, the man was going to start planning his early retirement. "Well, thanks for the warning." Really.

Did the Gryffindor sound.... surprised? He didn't know why; Levi always gave intriguing answers to his questions and always tried the spells he was taught. There was no doubt that he understood the theoretical side of his subject and posed interesting statements to challenge him. It was one of the reasons why he had achieved a Black Belt Dueller recognition the previous year. "It's very true. You're welcome." Smile.

While the sixth year talked, the Ravenclaw Head of House made a mental note to talk to River about this. Just because, as the talk continued, Hirsch found himself growing more and more curious about the bit of work experience he was getting. "Are you enjoying your experience in the Hospital Wing?" Again, curiousness. Before he could dwell on that, however, Levi was starting to talk about the first challenge and the Defence Professor found himself displaying a wide, dimpled smile at him. "You did amazingly! Simply excellent. I didn't know you could produce a non-corporeal patronus." He was intrigued to know how that felt.

.......... Ah.

This........ this was starting to make sense. And it explained why Levi was so exceptional with his level of thinking. "So you struggle with practising your spells? Especially if you know that you're not about to die? Does pressure bring out your spellwork that you didn't know you could do?" This was reminding him of a previous student, actually. "You're right: not every situation is a life or death one but I guess it's better to know that you can produce a spell if you need to, instead of freaking out and not casting a spell properly when you need it the most." It probably explained some of his activities. "There's nothing wrong with putting all your eggs in one basket, as long as you don't give up on the goal for that one basket. Backup helps but it sounds as though you're determined to go into the Healer programme."

Text Cut: Kyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellanna View Post
Kyle made his way into the office and looked around. It seemed rather busy in here. He wondered what all the drawers held. Magical items of some sort? Surely stuff that helped with defense. After all, that's what this professor was all about, wasn't it? He laid eyes on the picture of the professor's family and smiled a little. But, he wasn't here about that. He looked at Professor Hirsch and took a deep breath. Talking to adults was hard. But he would manage this one. Really he would. "I uh... I was talking to the Librarian about wandless magic. He lent me a few books to read, which I did. So, I think I understand the theory. I saw that casting each spell without a wand is much different than casting it with. But I'm also curious about raw magic. You know, not necessarily a spell. Technically, as younger kids we wind up showing our magical ability before we ever get our first wand. One of my friends, Jace, can kinda manipulate earth. Not much, just hold a ball of it in the air using magic. His dad made his kids practice it. Anyway, the Librarian told me that you and the Charms professor were the ones to talk to about wandless magic."

Hirsch had never thought he'd expect this young Slytherin to be wandering into his office and yet, here he was. There wasn't anything wrong with it, of course not, but it worried the man slightly, simply because he didn't know what it was he should expect from this little visit. Was the boy in trouble? Did he have questions? Was he having love troubles?

If it was the last one, he really wasn't getting paid enough to deal with that.

Regardless, the Defence Professor moved towards his desk and sat down on his seat while gesturing to the seat opposite his. "Take a seat, make yourself comfortable." Don't stand there for the duration of this conversation, no matter how short he intended it to be. And while he did, the man started clearing away some of the notes into a drawer and let the board zoom away into a corner again. Not that he cared about Mr Erikson seeing the plans, too much, but lessons should be a surprise, shouldn't they?

............... Wandless magic?

Hirsch, who'd been in the middle of stacking some pieces of parchment, stopped to look at the young boy. He was what? Eleven? Twelve? And he was thinking about wandless magic? This was very curious indeed. "See, when it comes to magic, there are four main areas of focus you need to make a spell work: wand movement, incantation, intent and control. Raw magic lacks most of these, especially control. Think back to when you were a kid: could you control your first instances of magic?" He knew that he couldn't. "So doing raw magic in the same sense that kids do would be very difficult, practically impossible even, because you need those elements to make it work. And if you don't have one of those elements, incantation for example, you need to up one of the other elements, especially intent. That, in itself, makes it much harder than casting a normal spell." Did that make sense?

"Wandless magic is possible but it's extremely difficult." Most people couldn't do it. "You need to use your arms as your wand. Have you ever tried casting a spell and you can feel the spell resonating inside of you? That's what you should feel with wandless magic as well but you need to try and drive that energy to your fingertips and then out. It takes a lot of practice and a lot of intent or determination. But it's been know to be possible." If he needed a bright side.

Pause.

"Are you looking to learn wandless magic?"

Last edited by hermionesclone; 06-23-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: My internet went funky and I missed your post, Zellanna, sorry D=
Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

DoM & DERP
Slytherin Slytherin
Knarl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Armand Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Damien Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Armand Erikson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Slade Erikson
Mysteries
Default No problem!
Slytherin by heart

SPOILER!!: Hirsch

Hirsch had never thought he'd expect this young Slytherin to be wandering into his office and yet, here he was. There wasn't anything wrong with it, of course not, but it worried the man slightly, simply because he didn't know what it was he should expect from this little visit. Was the boy in trouble? Did he have questions? Was he having love troubles?

If it was the last one, he really wasn't getting paid enough to deal with that.

Regardless, the Defence Professor moved towards his desk and sat down on his seat while gesturing to the seat opposite his. "Take a seat, make yourself comfortable." Don't stand there for the duration of this conversation, no matter how short he intended it to be. And while he did, the man started clearing away some of the notes into a drawer and let the board zoom away into a corner again. Not that he cared about Mr Erikson seeing the plans, too much, but lessons should be a surprise, shouldn't they?

............... Wandless magic?

Hirsch, who'd been in the middle of stacking some pieces of parchment, stopped to look at the young boy. He was what? Eleven? Twelve? And he was thinking about wandless magic? This was very curious indeed. "See, when it comes to magic, there are four main areas of focus you need to make a spell work: wand movement, incantation, intent and control. Raw magic lacks most of these, especially control. Think back to when you were a kid: could you control your first instances of magic?" He knew that he couldn't. "So doing raw magic in the same sense that kids do would be very difficult, practically impossible even, because you need those elements to make it work. And if you don't have one of those elements, incantation for example, you need to up one of the other elements, especially intent. That, in itself, makes it much harder than casting a normal spell." Did that make sense?

"Wandless magic is possible but it's extremely difficult." Most people couldn't do it. "You need to use your arms as your wand. Have you ever tried casting a spell and you can feel the spell resonating inside of you? That's what you should feel with wandless magic as well but you need to try and drive that energy to your fingertips and then out. It takes a lot of practice and a lot of intent or determination. But it's been know to be possible." If he needed a bright side.

Pause.

"Are you looking to learn wandless magic?"

Movement, incantation, intent, and control. And he needed to push magic out through his fingertips as he felt it inside of him. With a lot of intent. "So, with wandless magic, you have to make up for the wand with intent and determination, huh?" That sounded about right. "So, like when I was trying to call my broom into my hand during flying lesson, and I felt my magic, and reached out to it with it. That sort of thing?" It was the only thing he could compare it to.

He considered the Professor's question. Did he actually want to learn wandless magic, or just learn about it? To be honest, it was fascinating. But to actually learn to do it... "I think I would like to learn wandless magic. After all, what happens if I get stripped of my wand somehow, like during a battle or a duel? One expelleramus and if I don't stop it, I could otherwise be left defenseless." And to be honest, it would just be kinda cool to do wandless magic.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
x5

SPOILER!!: Hirsch
Quote:

The amount of sheer dedication that Noelle presented was something that always made the man smile. It was nice to see that she was so focused on her goal that she wasn't about to deter from it. It was one of the many reasons why he knew that she wasn't about to fail in her mission; that he was going to be asking her to come to this very school to teach younger students how to duel like an Auror.

So, when she asked about duelling against an Auror this year, he simply nodded along calmly. "Of course! You're one of my top choices, I have to say." So he was interested to see how she fared under those circumstan- ........... oh. Uh. Was that the wrong thing to say? "Nothing life-threatening, mind you." He knew about her past, after all. "But sometimes, I find that it's easy to perform spells in a safe, classroom setting but not so much when you're under pressure. It's why most of my activities are so action-based. As if you're going to war with the dummies. Because if you're used to performing a spell under pressure, especially a difficult or life-saving one, you'll have no problem performing it when you need it the most." Was this cruel? He hoped not. "But if you're not comfortable with it, you can back out of the task whenever you want." Pause. "And I'll be there to overlook it all."

When will they be able to start? That simple question brought a smile to his face. "As soon as you can and as often as you can." Though, not everyday, okay? She was going to get tired of seeing his face, soon enough. "The Auror/YATI duel will take place towards the beginning of March. Which gives you plenty of time to prepare, if you want to."

Though he would've liked to be the one helping her, he understood why she might be inclined to go to someone else, especially if he wasn't available and she really wanted to learn. He paused, his mind trying to rack every older student he could think of. "Rula Botros and Rooney Bronwyn are both exceptional duellers. Maybe see if you can have some extra duels with Charlotte Kettleburn or Henry Whittebrook. They're likely to give you a challenge as well."

And then she had to go and say such nice words.

And Hirsch? Hirsch visibly beamed. "That's really nice of you to say, Noelle. Really. I'm very proud of the progress you've made since I started here. More proud than I can say, in fact." So really, she was to thank for this.

It wasn't until recently that Noelle had realized a few things about herself. Thanks to a little disagreement with Ava, her eyes had been open to things. One, that she was afraid of being lost in the void, so to speak. She didn't want to be forgotten like she thought she had been back in the dungeon days. And two, she hid behind her training. Sometimes it was easier to hex something than it was to actually talk to someone and overcome it.

So it was hard to find a balance. She wanted to continuously train like she had been. In some way, shape, or form. Whether that be studying, tutoring, training, etc. In fact, it took up majority of her time. So speaking with Hirsch, she knew that she needed to find the balance. A whole balance.

Not to mention she was ecstatic and pleased that Hirsch said she was one of his top picks. Merlin. Up there with Rooney, Henry, Rula, and Char? She'd seen them all duel because for the last two years prior to this one, she'd been a prospector due to crunch in time. She smiled widely when Hirsch said that though. How could you not when Hirsch was telling you something like that? "I'm excited." Noelle blurted out, with a little wiggle in her seat. "Of course nervous too." VERY nervous... but... somehow, Hirsch believing in her gave her that little extra confidence. "I think its a great idea. I got to admit. Hexing those dummies can only be so exciting." She said, offering a grin.

The Yati/Auror training would happen in March. Noelle nodded and bit her lip. She'd need to work on her schedule to make sure she was whole. "Okay. So... like tomorrow before classes then?" Yes Hirsch... she was an eager beaver. Mornings used to be hard to wake up to. Not so much anymore.

"Well, I figure your time is only so limited. There's only so much Professor Hirsch to go around." She said with a teasing grin. "So I'll ask Char, Rooney, Henry, or Rula... or maybe a combination, for them to help me out." It was true... Rooney kind of intimidated her a bit, but he was a great guy with firm beliefs. Char was one of her friends. Rula... she'd probably go ask first because she wanted to interact with her more. And Henry would definitely be a good opponent.

Hirsch's beam was a sight to see. Where was a camera when you needed it?? "I am too." She said about her own progress. She'd improved a lot... but there were definitely things she needed to work on...
"Hey professor Hirsch??" Noelle asked, moving to play with the corner of her parchment paper. "Question. How do you become more confident? Like... I know confidence is a big thing for me when performing spells. When I'm comfortable, I can perform better magic. But when I'm intimidated... or out of my element, and I'm not in competition..." Because competitions made her competitive... which made her cut off all emotions and focus on the task at hand. "My magic is less. And then I get frustrated because I KNOW I can do better. There are people that intimidate me a lot. I'm trying to find a way... in life too... to not let it change me when I'm not confident enough." Did that make sense?

Old 06-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #25 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Over-protective HoH :3
Quote:

It was nice to hear that she wasn't out after curfew for too long. Because really, he didn't want to have to give her a detention in the first place, least of all for something like this. "It's nice of you to stay down in the common room for your experiments. Is the noise-protected part of the room helping? Can you still concentrate in there?"

WHAT?!

Was she talking about...... KISSING?!

Hirsch.... stared. Sure, he had absolutely no right to delve into the students' private lives and whatever she did was her own business but.... she was plainly talking to him about kissing and the... experimental side of it? Needless to say, Hirsch was confused. And a little taken aback that Jessa was talking about kissing at such a young age. He had absolutely no right to say anything, especially since he wasn't her father or parent figure or any of that, but he couldn't help but feel slightly.... protective.

There was also the matter of not needing to know what his students got up to in their spare time but the protectiveness was taking over right now.

"I...... guess......." he said slowly, shooting her a funny look, "Different people will give you different.... experiences and as a result, you might find that you like kissing some people more than others." Why was he talking about this? "But there's plenty of time to experiment with that." Just saying. "And how severe the damage is. The more severe the damage, the more severe the detention."

And she still wanted a detention from him. Even though the man would be very useless at giving a detention to a student he liked teaching. "Well, thank you, Jessa, but messing with the dummies isn't necessary." Mostly because they were just objects. She'd have to do something drastic which, well, he wasn't going to tell her to do. "You sure this still counts as a detention? A staged detention?"

He had to admit: she had a point about not reacting the same way as the person in any of the stories he was likely to tell her. "I guess," he said slowly, nodding at her, "I'd hate for you to get yourself into trouble like that but it would give the most accurate results....." Was it obvious that he was fighting with himself over this?

"Oh yes, it works brilliantly!" Jessa enthused. "I don't hear a thing outside of my space when I'm there. It's amazing." Granted, the Ravenclaw Common Room didn't get wildly loud and rambunctious but sometimes the chatter and discussions got to her when she was trying to get something figured out. It was the distraction of them really. Loads of interesting topics that tended to take her away from her own.

The change in the Professor's expression flew completely over her head. Not for the life of her could she figure what may have gotten him like that so she would proceed with the conversation as normal.

You're right, plenty of time and plenty of willing test subjects." But she was more interested in what he had to say about the punishment correlating with the severity of the damage. That....was an interesting bit of information she would save for later.

Jessa nodded at his question. "Mhm, walking through the dungeons, getting a first hand of what I'd be expected to do. Thing is, I know enough of what I'm scared of that if it was simulated I'd know for sure if I'd be able to tolerate it or not. Kinda like how I know I'm not gonna be walking into any small, closed spaces any time soon." Comparatively speaking, how much bigger were the dungeons? Was that gonna be a potential problem? All questions she needed to be down there to see.

Also, was he agreeing she go find someone to give her detention He probably was. "Who do you recommend?"...To give her detention.....Hirsch would still have to supervise. Couldn't stress this part enough.