sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1379 users online including...
PhoenixRising , FlixexNit , Stevendalo , uralldmex , Evaxic , Svetlufy , Michailcgn , Svetlpuj , astrocat

11 members
1368 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 53: September - December 2019

Term 53: September - December 2019 Term Fifty-Three: When In France (Sept 2099 - June 2100)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 08-04-2019, 03:04 AM

Default Library

No matter your subject of interest, there's likely a section of this vast, dome shaped room to suit your needs. The shelves climb high to the very ceilings, packed and organized in such a way that if you know what you're looking for, you'll have no trouble locating it on your own. If, even after careful checking, you can't find what you're looking for, stop by the front desk where either librarian will be happy to assist you.

Comfy couches are strewn about, as are proper working tables, each with its own lantern should you find yourself reading well into the night. This isn't an invitation to be out past curfew, but one to get in some reading before bed should you be so inclined. There are two levels within this room, with a balcony stretching along the outer walls. Charmed ladders can take you wear you need to go, you need only utter the name of the book and if it's still on the shelf (in that section of the library) it will take you there.

Like the solarium, there are side windows covering on side of the wall that allow the warm sun's rays to seep in. Beneath the windows, cushioned seats with a brilliant view of the grounds just beyond them. On nights of the full moon, the library takes on a mystical glow that can not entirely be explained. Once you've finished with a book, be sure to put it back where you got it. If you can't remember, then hand it over to the librarian. Do not disrupt the system already in place.

This thread is staffed. If you wish to speak with the Librarian, Daemon would be happy to RP with you.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
There was something about a completely silent library that caused one to startle when there was a noise or a voice all of a sudden. Especially when one was lost in their own thoughts and in silent awe of the place. So you best believe that she absolutely did startle.

Rylee yelped softly in surprise while also spinning around to see who had spoken to her. Both actions caused her to look somewhat like a broken spinning top that more wobbled to and fro rather than actually spin. A fellow lioness like herself. A light smile tugged at her lips upon seeing a familiar face and then there was a quiet laugh. No one that meant her any harm was here, least not right this very moment.

"I'm sure we could. Is there something specific you're wanting to look for?" Like how she was hopeful in finding a few new Herbology or Charms books.
Oops. She hadn't meant to startle. At all.

But fortunately, Rylee seemed to recover nicely from this initial reaction, something she supposed was a combination of athletic reflexes and familiarity. "Hey, sorry. Um, literally anything? What shouldn't we be looking for?" Like, she wasn't picky.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 10-13-2019, 02:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
He got used to Gernie staring at him like he was some kind of extraterrestrial entity. He kind of liked it sometimes (because duh, he was special) but other times it just made her look weird and annoying. Today, he had bigger things on his mind to point out that she was annoying.

He took a seat across from her, his HEAVY bag plopped on the table between them. "You need to help me look for stuff in books." Serious nod. He was taking the books out of his bag as he explained further before she ditched him and went to stare at another magical entity. "Ya know how my hair changes? And sometimes my eyes?" One of the books he got out had a symbol on the cover that kept changing forms. "Well, I think that if we look deeper into those books, we can find ways I can change more things about me." GET IT? He's a superhero. "And maybe you." He lied. Just to entice her into doing this in case she decided this was not exciting enough to her.
Oh boy, stuff with books. Bernie LIKED books and all, but didn't Ilya KNOW that she was a GRYFFINDOR? "I thought YOU RAVENCLAWS were supposed to be the book lovers." She looked at the books anyway, very interested in the one with a changing cover. "Hmm, OKAY," she agreed, sorta: "But I don't need to change anything. I'm perfect already." She flipped her frizzy hair with her hand and grinned at Ilya.

"So we'll work on you." What was it called that made him change his hair? Bernie flipped to the back of the book to see if it had an index or a glossary... "Is anyone in your family like this?" Ya know, a special elf?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 10-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Oh boy, stuff with books. Bernie LIKED books and all, but didn't Ilya KNOW that she was a GRYFFINDOR? "I thought YOU RAVENCLAWS were supposed to be the book lovers." She looked at the books anyway, very interested in the one with a changing cover. "Hmm, OKAY," she agreed, sorta: "But I don't need to change anything. I'm perfect already." She flipped her frizzy hair with her hand and grinned at Ilya.

"So we'll work on you." What was it called that made him change his hair? Bernie flipped to the back of the book to see if it had an index or a glossary... "Is anyone in your family like this?" Ya know, a special elf?
Ilya looked at Bernie with an unimpressed look. She was being sassy. "I would go to my Ravenclaws but I saw you first." Lucky her, eheheh. Her frizzy hair was actually cute, he thought, but it needed a little styling with hair mousse and it'll get cutER. "Right, Ms. Gernect." Geddit? Gernie the perfect. He grinned, very pleased with his joke. "One day you can tame that hair of yours, and you'll get even more perfect."

He was NOT an elf, thank you very much. Ilya pulled the other book towards him, and flipped it open to where his bookmark (a cute spider shaped one) was. "No. No one we know, anyway. Maybe my dad. I don't know him though." he answered lightly, eyes lazily moving from page to page. He had 0 Ravenclaw tolerance of books by the by.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:18 AM   #29 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Ilya looked at Bernie with an unimpressed look. She was being sassy. "I would go to my Ravenclaws but I saw you first." Lucky her, eheheh. Her frizzy hair was actually cute, he thought, but it needed a little styling with hair mousse and it'll get cutER. "Right, Ms. Gernect." Geddit? Gernie the perfect. He grinned, very pleased with his joke. "One day you can tame that hair of yours, and you'll get even more perfect."

He was NOT an elf, thank you very much. Ilya pulled the other book towards him, and flipped it open to where his bookmark (a cute spider shaped one) was. "No. No one we know, anyway. Maybe my dad. I don't know him though." he answered lightly, eyes lazily moving from page to page. He had 0 Ravenclaw tolerance of books by the by.
Okay, FINE FINE, "I know you just want to have an excuse to hang out with me," Bernie continued her sassy streak with a proud sniff. Hehe. Gernect. Gernie the Prefect. "Wowwwww," the Gryffindor murmured under her breath, still grinning though. She liked Ilya; he was fun like Claudine, and totally not afraid of a little trouble. Wait, huh? Her hair? "I can't be tamed," she disagreed, shaking her messiness some. They could try, but they would probably fail. Unless there was a potion for hair sleekness...? Huh, she hadn't even thought of that...

Back to the books. "GASP! A SPIDER!" Bernie pointed out hurriedly, waiting to see if Ilya would laugh or not. She was not a great actress yet. "Oh... hmm," he'd just revealed some very personal information, interesting. "Have you asked the Transfiguration teacher yet? He might know. Remember how we changed our eyebrows in class? That's like what your hair can do all by itself. Or the Charms teacher would know?" Bernie had heard he was nice. "Does your hair like, change to a certain color when you're feeling mad or sad?"

If so, Ilya was TOTALLY a mood ring. SEE, Muggles knew stuff TOO.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 10-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #30 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Oops. She hadn't meant to startle. At all.

But fortunately, Rylee seemed to recover nicely from this initial reaction, something she supposed was a combination of athletic reflexes and familiarity. "Hey, sorry. Um, literally anything? What shouldn't we be looking for?" Like, she wasn't picky.
The smile on Rylee's face just than was instantaneous. "See, now that is exactly the type of answer I love to hear when I'm in a library." The willingness to just search for any and all types of books made her heart soar to great heights.

"My goal was hopefully to find some books on both Charms and Herbology that haven't already read or own. Possibly some Transfiguration and Runes books as well. However I LOOOOOOOVE reading in general so anything that catches our attention would be a wonderful find." Rylee flashed Carsyn a warm smile. With her attention being drawn right back to the shelves off books there was only one thing left for them to do.

"Let's see what we can find." Not wanting to waste anymore time she moved towards the first set of shelves in front of her and began browsing through them carefully. "Do you have a favorite type of book you like to read?"

You are Bread!
Old 10-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6

Quote:
Okay, FINE FINE, "I know you just want to have an excuse to hang out with me," Bernie continued her sassy streak with a proud sniff. Hehe. Gernect. Gernie the Prefect. "Wowwwww," the Gryffindor murmured under her breath, still grinning though. She liked Ilya; he was fun like Claudine, and totally not afraid of a little trouble. Wait, huh? Her hair? "I can't be tamed," she disagreed, shaking her messiness some. They could try, but they would probably fail. Unless there was a potion for hair sleekness...? Huh, she hadn't even thought of that...

Back to the books. "GASP! A SPIDER!" Bernie pointed out hurriedly, waiting to see if Ilya would laugh or not. She was not a great actress yet. "Oh... hmm," he'd just revealed some very personal information, interesting. "Have you asked the Transfiguration teacher yet? He might know. Remember how we changed our eyebrows in class? That's like what your hair can do all by itself. Or the Charms teacher would know?" Bernie had heard he was nice. "Does your hair like, change to a certain color when you're feeling mad or sad?"

If so, Ilya was TOTALLY a mood ring. SEE, Muggles knew stuff TOO.
Okay, yeah, Ilya had to grin at that sassy remark. Gosh, it was hard to not be amused by Bernie. "Yeah, yeah, let's say that's true." As long as she believed him and helped? Mkay, thanks. Her hair was a tale on its own. Ilya's eyes took it all in --it was A LOT of it-- and nodded. "I'm sure we can find a spell or a potion for it." If she wanted. If not, then maybe they could work on her fashion sense at least and make her hair go with what she wore? Mhmm. Ilya was willing to dwell on this once he managed to figure out what his abilities were.

He could not figure out if she was scared of the spider??? He did not laugh. "Y-yeah...? It's my bookmark." Once his hand touched it, the spider went limp and turned into a small toy. Although, Bernie totally did not seem the kind of girl who got scared of anything. He liked that about her, let's be honest. "Um. I did not talk to the charms professor, I went to the transfiguration professor though. Did you see his office?" He lowered his voice in a gossiping manner. "I would not agree to sit in that space, it's like a bucket cupboard over there." Poor, Mr. Barlow.

Aaaaaaanyway. Back to business. "I don't really know when it changes. I haven't been keeping track." Light bulb moment! "Maybe we should keep track." His hair flashed to silver then back to normal blond.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:55 AM   #32 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
Okay, yeah, Ilya had to grin at that sassy remark. Gosh, it was hard to not be amused by Bernie. "Yeah, yeah, let's say that's true." As long as she believed him and helped? Mkay, thanks. Her hair was a tale on its own. Ilya's eyes took it all in --it was A LOT of it-- and nodded. "I'm sure we can find a spell or a potion for it." If she wanted. If not, then maybe they could work on her fashion sense at least and make her hair go with what she wore? Mhmm. Ilya was willing to dwell on this once he managed to figure out what his abilities were.

He could not figure out if she was scared of the spider??? He did not laugh. "Y-yeah...? It's my bookmark." Once his hand touched it, the spider went limp and turned into a small toy. Although, Bernie totally did not seem the kind of girl who got scared of anything. He liked that about her, let's be honest. "Um. I did not talk to the charms professor, I went to the transfiguration professor though. Did you see his office?" He lowered his voice in a gossiping manner. "I would not agree to sit in that space, it's like a bucket cupboard over there." Poor, Mr. Barlow.

Aaaaaaanyway. Back to business. "I don't really know when it changes. I haven't been keeping track." Light bulb moment! "Maybe we should keep track." His hair flashed to silver then back to normal blond.
"A POTION, yes," Bernie readily agreed. She was totally ready to be a test subject, ever since she had learned the spell to un-do and end other spells. They were the handiest countercharms ever!

Never mind, he didn't even laugh. "Gosh," Bernie dramatically put a hand over her chest, still deadpanning it anyway. "It gave me such a fright when it moved." She was faking that reaction, but her speech was not 100% fake. She did still startle sometimes at all the wizarding things they had here. Bernadette leaned in as Ilya began discussing the Transfiguration professor's office. Aww, poor Barlow. How did he fit in a bucket cupboard? Bernie could only picture the man with his mermaid-length red hair, trying to stuff it all into a tiny closet while he sat on an overturned bucket with his knees to his chest.

Actually, it was quite a funny image. "Schmoe's office is like that too," she helpfully informed her friend. "It's almost like they did not want to allow Hogwarts here, so they didn't bother to make room for the extra professors and stuff." And Schmoe at least had a LOT of papers and STUFF. At least the kids had beds and proper quarters, even if they were a little cramped.

BACK to his hair, yep. "Ooh, that's an idea!" Bernie abandoned her attempt to look at the book already and instead focused on finding a bit of parchment, writing on top of it:

Quote:
Ilya's Hair
l
"I can keep a tally of all the times your hair changes, see?" She showed him the parchment with one tick on it so far. "Is your hair normally blond?" She was pretty sure it was, but it didn't hurt to check.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #33 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6

Quote:
"A POTION, yes," Bernie readily agreed. She was totally ready to be a test subject, ever since she had learned the spell to un-do and end other spells. They were the handiest countercharms ever!

Never mind, he didn't even laugh. "Gosh," Bernie dramatically put a hand over her chest, still deadpanning it anyway. "It gave me such a fright when it moved." She was faking that reaction, but her speech was not 100% fake. She did still startle sometimes at all the wizarding things they had here. Bernadette leaned in as Ilya began discussing the Transfiguration professor's office. Aww, poor Barlow. How did he fit in a bucket cupboard? Bernie could only picture the man with his mermaid-length red hair, trying to stuff it all into a tiny closet while he sat on an overturned bucket with his knees to his chest.

Actually, it was quite a funny image. "Schmoe's office is like that too," she helpfully informed her friend. "It's almost like they did not want to allow Hogwarts here, so they didn't bother to make room for the extra professors and stuff." And Schmoe at least had a LOT of papers and STUFF. At least the kids had beds and proper quarters, even if they were a little cramped.

BACK to his hair, yep. "Ooh, that's an idea!" Bernie abandoned her attempt to look at the book already and instead focused on finding a bit of parchment, writing on top of it:

"I can keep a tally of all the times your hair changes, see?" She showed him the parchment with one tick on it so far. "Is your hair normally blond?" She was pretty sure it was, but it didn't hurt to check.
Okay. She was excited about the potion thing. "We can look for one after we're done with me." He nodded reassuringly. He was a good potion person, he found it much easier than the charms things where he had to be so0o0o0o focused! That was such a drag, one split second of distraction and you're growing fish scales on your skin. What a nightmare.

Was she... being serious? He was lost. He blinked at her 'scared' act. "Alright. Don't do that. It's weird." Not the first weird thing about her. Actually, if she started acting like a normal witch, he'd freak out at this point. The great thing was she was a great gossiping friend, bringing in new scope like that. "Oh really? Interesting. Do you think all professors have dingy old makeshift offices like that?" He paused. "I bet the headmaster's office all fancy and clean." His eyes started changing colors to a darker shade as he smirked. "Wanna bet?" Ya know? Break into his office and check and see who was right?

Her idea of a tally sheet was nice. "I'd feel stalked though." He complained weakly. "But yeah, okay. And then we can give it to professor Barlow to check." Maybe? Was this useful? Would he have a chance to learn how to do it on purpose?? "Uhm. Yeah. Dark blond. "
Old 10-20-2019, 07:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
Okay. She was excited about the potion thing. "We can look for one after we're done with me." He nodded reassuringly. He was a good potion person, he found it much easier than the charms things where he had to be so0o0o0o focused! That was such a drag, one split second of distraction and you're growing fish scales on your skin. What a nightmare.

Was she... being serious? He was lost. He blinked at her 'scared' act. "Alright. Don't do that. It's weird." Not the first weird thing about her. Actually, if she started acting like a normal witch, he'd freak out at this point. The great thing was she was a great gossiping friend, bringing in new scope like that. "Oh really? Interesting. Do you think all professors have dingy old makeshift offices like that?" He paused. "I bet the headmaster's office all fancy and clean." His eyes started changing colors to a darker shade as he smirked. "Wanna bet?" Ya know? Break into his office and check and see who was right?

Her idea of a tally sheet was nice. "I'd feel stalked though." He complained weakly. "But yeah, okay. And then we can give it to professor Barlow to check." Maybe? Was this useful? Would he have a chance to learn how to do it on purpose?? "Uhm. Yeah. Dark blond. "
Alright, Bernie agreed to that with a nod. Ilya seemed like one of ThOsE pEopLE who needed the spotlight more than she did, and she was willing to let him have it. Poor lad probably had no siblings at home, so he probably wasn't used to sharing attention.

AnYwHo......... the spider thing was not even funny? She stuck her tongue out at him instead of responding. The weird one here was HER, and his HAIR changed color like every minute? Pfffffffft. She'd ignore this for now in favour of some hot goss. "I bet they do," she nodded seriously, "But I dunno, maybe he gets special HOUSE ELF treatment, so his office is clean, but probably still small?" She was trying to think back on that time when she had to guide the poor, lost old Headmaster back to his suite. She hadn't actually seen into his office then, so, maybe Ilya was RIGHT.

Oh wait, he actually wanted to see? Her eyes lit up but didn't change color, because only ILYA had that power. "Bet," Bernie agreed. "I'm game if you are." Bet he wouldn't actually go through with it, though. He was not as brave as her.

Look at how he was not even into her idea. "Your eyes have changed too," she pointed out, making another row for that tally. "Yes, this would be good to take to Barlow." Brilliant. "I think you should also try changing it on purpose," Bernie suggested, looking up from her parchment. "Like, right now. Think about something that makes you MAD, real mad, and we can write down the effects of your emotions on your hair color?" Or eye color? Did that make sense? She was SURE he could control this special power of his.

Quote:
Ilya's Hair
I

Ilya's Eyes
I

Old 10-21-2019, 06:30 AM   #35 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6

Quote:

Alright, Bernie agreed to that with a nod. Ilya seemed like one of ThOsE pEopLE who needed the spotlight more than she did, and she was willing to let him have it. Poor lad probably had no siblings at home, so he probably wasn't used to sharing attention.

AnYwHo......... the spider thing was not even funny? She stuck her tongue out at him instead of responding. The weird one here was HER, and his HAIR changed color like every minute? Pfffffffft. She'd ignore this for now in favour of some hot goss. "I bet they do," she nodded seriously, "But I dunno, maybe he gets special HOUSE ELF treatment, so his office is clean, but probably still small?" She was trying to think back on that time when she had to guide the poor, lost old Headmaster back to his suite. She hadn't actually seen into his office then, so, maybe Ilya was RIGHT.

Oh wait, he actually wanted to see? Her eyes lit up but didn't change color, because only ILYA had that power. "Bet," Bernie agreed. "I'm game if you are." Bet he wouldn't actually go through with it, though. He was not as brave as her.

Look at how he was not even into her idea. "Your eyes have changed too," she pointed out, making another row for that tally. "Yes, this would be good to take to Barlow." Brilliant. "I think you should also try changing it on purpose," Bernie suggested, looking up from her parchment. "Like, right now. Think about something that makes you MAD, real mad, and we can write down the effects of your emotions on your hair color?" Or eye color? Did that make sense? She was SURE he could control this special power of his.

Uhhhh excuse him, he did not have any siblings or people his age in his family so he WAS the center of the universe for the Belrose family. He did not know he was, though, this was the natural thing to do/be.

"Totally." He agreed about the special house-elf treatment part, and continued to nod, his elbows pushing against the table's edge as he leaned in closer. Were they just betting and playing a lil daring game? Ohhhhhhhohoho, he may not be brave rash but he was SO easily intrigued so... "Oh I'm game. What's the loser got to do?" His smirk was not unkind but definitely cocky. He would love to make Bernie burst into a ballad in the middle of class, for example, or start dancing in the middle of the headmaster's speech. Oh, this was going to be fun when she lost!

He rolled his eyes... at his eyes. This was weird, did she think this was weird, too? Although hold on a minute this was the first good idea she's had today. "Yeah. I bet it'll be fun if I do it on purpose." Mad? That was an interesting emotion to pick, but he was going to refrain from dwelling on Bernie's choice and work more on the actual quest here. "Uhm. I don't really get mad much... I mean, when auntie Marie takes my stuff without my permission, I don't appreciate it. And when she ruins my and grandma's plans to have it her way." He was not mad, but he felt kinda upset just remembering the number of times he missed going to the park because aunt Marie had a party or felt sick. Ugh. His hair and eyes did not change colors though, both went back to normal blonde and blue eyes.

"Happy is an easier emotion." He noted, thinking of the happy memory he keeps when he felt down. Of him and his mom at her work, in the theater, and she was teaching him how to balance on his feet in the ballerina shoes. His eyes and hair both changed to silver making him probably looking like the kind of elves that did not clean Hogwarts.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #36 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Fell asleep typing this last night lol

Quote:
Uhhhh excuse him, he did not have any siblings or people his age in his family so he WAS the center of the universe for the Belrose family. He did not know he was, though, this was the natural thing to do/be.

"Totally." He agreed about the special house-elf treatment part, and continued to nod, his elbows pushing against the table's edge as he leaned in closer. Were they just betting and playing a lil daring game? Ohhhhhhhohoho, he may not be brave rash but he was SO easily intrigued so... "Oh I'm game. What's the loser got to do?" His smirk was not unkind but definitely cocky. He would love to make Bernie burst into a ballad in the middle of class, for example, or start dancing in the middle of the headmaster's speech. Oh, this was going to be fun when she lost!

He rolled his eyes... at his eyes. This was weird, did she think this was weird, too? Although hold on a minute this was the first good idea she's had today. "Yeah. I bet it'll be fun if I do it on purpose." Mad? That was an interesting emotion to pick, but he was going to refrain from dwelling on Bernie's choice and work more on the actual quest here. "Uhm. I don't really get mad much... I mean, when auntie Marie takes my stuff without my permission, I don't appreciate it. And when she ruins my and grandma's plans to have it her way." He was not mad, but he felt kinda upset just remembering the number of times he missed going to the park because aunt Marie had a party or felt sick. Ugh. His hair and eyes did not change colors though, both went back to normal blonde and blue eyes.

"Happy is an easier emotion." He noted, thinking of the happy memory he keeps when he felt down. Of him and his mom at her work, in the theater, and she was teaching him how to balance on his feet in the ballerina shoes. His eyes and hair both changed to silver making him probably looking like the kind of elves that did not clean Hogwarts.
Hmm, good question. "I dunno cuz I'm not a loser," Bernie smirked, putting the pressure back on him. He could decide the punishment for himself because she would NEVER back down from a dare.

Bernie listened while Ilya listed off the things that made him mad, just waiting for him to say something that would make his eyes and hair change again, but nothing happened yet. Hmm. "Okay, think of a happy thought then," she said and she poised her quill to take notes. This time he did not disappoint, his hair and eyes going all silvery.

"Ilya, you're an elf!!!!" Bernie cheered, forgetting for a moment that they were in the library, as she was very excited to see how elf-like he could be. She KNEW this was possible!!! Elves DID exist here!!

Old 10-24-2019, 07:35 AM   #37 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6

Quote:
Hmm, good question. "I dunno cuz I'm not a loser," Bernie smirked, putting the pressure back on him. He could decide the punishment for himself because she would NEVER back down from a dare.

Bernie listened while Ilya listed off the things that made him mad, just waiting for him to say something that would make his eyes and hair change again, but nothing happened yet. Hmm. "Okay, think of a happy thought then," she said and she poised her quill to take notes. This time he did not disappoint, his hair and eyes going all silvery.

"Ilya, you're an elf!!!!" Bernie cheered, forgetting for a moment that they were in the library, as she was very excited to see how elf-like he could be. She KNEW this was possible!!! Elves DID exist here!!
What?? Ilya gave her an unimpressed look. "Okay, you know what, you'd be a lot more fun if you didn't ooze sass." She totally did! Anyway. He was left to choose the bet's conditions. No worries, no worries he could do that. "The loser would have to burst out in a song in the middle of class, in front of anyone, at the top of their voice." He decided, sitting up straight in his chair.

Okay wow. Ilya's hair and eyes flashed to dark brown when she shrieked then back to normal. "Shhhhhh!!!" Was she crazy? Did she want them to get detention or get kicked out of here? OR draw attention to their secret project?? Ugh. "I am not an elf!" He countered in an urgent whisper, leaning in towards her again. "Why do you say that?" He was confused??? She did not even see his ears and nose change. What would she say he was if she did? Oh dear.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:03 PM   #38 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
What?? Ilya gave her an unimpressed look. "Okay, you know what, you'd be a lot more fun if you didn't ooze sass." She totally did! Anyway. He was left to choose the bet's conditions. No worries, no worries he could do that. "The loser would have to burst out in a song in the middle of class, in front of anyone, at the top of their voice." He decided, sitting up straight in his chair.

Okay wow. Ilya's hair and eyes flashed to dark brown when she shrieked then back to normal. "Shhhhhh!!!" Was she crazy? Did she want them to get detention or get kicked out of here? OR draw attention to their secret project?? Ugh. "I am not an elf!" He countered in an urgent whisper, leaning in towards her again. "Why do you say that?" He was confused??? She did not even see his ears and nose change. What would she say he was if she did? Oh dear.
"HA," Bernie squawked at that. That was all. She couldn't help being sassy; Ilya brought out the worst in her! Of course, OF COURSE, he WOULD pick a song routine. Bernadette sighed dramatically and rolled her eyes, but she did agree to the bet, and she couldn't change her mind now. "Fine. But the winner gets to choose WHEN the loser's breakout song happens." Like, the winner could make the loser sing and interrupt Care of Magical Creatures, so the French professor would dock points from the loser. Heh. It was a brilliant addendum, if she did say so herself.

LOOK, his eyes changed AGAIN! Bernie marked that one down for him, adding an underline here and there, wiggling in her seat excitedly, and grinning even though she'd been shushed. She was friends with an elf, an elf, an ELF! Ehehehe. "You need a mirror," the first year declared. Of course she didn't have one in her bag, but he might've. "Your hair and eyes went SILVER, like an elf," or so she pictured, "and then when I cheered, you were ALARMED, and your eyes went DARK BROWN." See? She showed him her paper of tally marks.

Quote:
Record of Ilya's Appearance Changes
In the Library, from 3:00 PM to ?

Ilya's Hair
II

Ilya's Eyes
III

Colours
Silver = happy?
Brown = upset?

Old 10-25-2019, 07:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6

Quote:

"HA," Bernie squawked at that. That was all. She couldn't help being sassy; Ilya brought out the worst in her! Of course, OF COURSE, he WOULD pick a song routine. Bernadette sighed dramatically and rolled her eyes, but she did agree to the bet, and she couldn't change her mind now. "Fine. But the winner gets to choose WHEN the loser's breakout song happens." Like, the winner could make the loser sing and interrupt Care of Magical Creatures, so the French professor would dock points from the loser. Heh. It was a brilliant addendum, if she did say so herself.

LOOK, his eyes changed AGAIN! Bernie marked that one down for him, adding an underline here and there, wiggling in her seat excitedly, and grinning even though she'd been shushed. She was friends with an elf, an elf, an ELF! Ehehehe. "You need a mirror," the first-year declared. Of course she didn't have one in her bag, but he might've. "Your hair and eyes went SILVER, like an elf," or so she pictured, "and then when I cheered, you were ALARMED, and your eyes went DARK BROWN." See? She showed him her paper of tally marks.

He didn't know why she was so pleased with herself over that, but at least she agreed to the bet. "Sounds fair. The winner will decide, but also the winner should honor the betting scheme and not drag on when the loser sings because that's just disgraceful." He liked making up rules for things. He barely had anyone he bossed around and forced game rules on.

He had a mirror, yes, but he didn't carry a compact mirror. Although maybe he should...

"Elves don't have silver eyes and hair. Elves are small, big ears and kinda ugly." There go his judgemental tendencies. Okay, but he was totally right about everything else. He did not enjoy being called an elf full stop. "Really? That fast, huh?" Everything went to normal by now, his eyes and hair. He looked down at the tally sheet and traced what she wrote in his hand. "Nice." An accidental compliment to her work. "I mean, what a nice phenomenon." Ahem. "I think we've reached a good amount of information for one day." He was eager to find out who wins the bet, ya know.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:44 AM   #40 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:
He didn't know why she was so pleased with herself over that, but at least she agreed to the bet. "Sounds fair. The winner will decide, but also the winner should honor the betting scheme and not drag on when the loser sings because that's just disgraceful." He liked making up rules for things. He barely had anyone he bossed around and forced game rules on.

He had a mirror, yes, but he didn't carry a compact mirror. Although maybe he should...

"Elves don't have silver eyes and hair. Elves are small, big ears and kinda ugly." There go his judgemental tendencies. Okay, but he was totally right about everything else. He did not enjoy being called an elf full stop. "Really? That fast, huh?" Everything went to normal by now, his eyes and hair. He looked down at the tally sheet and traced what she wrote in his hand. "Nice." An accidental compliment to her work. "I mean, what a nice phenomenon." Ahem. "I think we've reached a good amount of information for one day." He was eager to find out who wins the bet, ya know.
Okay, okay, so many rules! "That's fine," Bernie agreed with a stiff nod. No more rules, plz, just... no moar. "Let's shake on it." She held her dainty hand out for him to seal the deal.

Wait, what? "Do you mean house elves?" She had read about those, but hadn't met any yet, so she kinda didn't believe they were real. "What about the other elves, that like, work at the North Pole, and the ones that live in the forest and make shoes, and some that like, help Hobbitts on their journey..." You know, the PRETTY elves. THOSE ones had silver hair! She was sure of it! She wasn't trying to hurt his feelings, honest. She was just convinced that elves were awesome.

But back to Ilya-the-non-elf. "Anyway, yes. You should take this parchment to the Transfiguration teacher. He'll understand it." Totally. She was a great scorekeeper and all that, so she shoved it into his hand. "Yeah yeah, so, back to the bet." Bernadette was totally on the same page as Ilya. "Are we going to go spy on the Headman or what?" Ilya's hair and eyes were important and whatnot, but c'mon. A SPY MISSION?! Way cooler.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6

Quote:
Okay, okay, so many rules! "That's fine," Bernie agreed with a stiff nod. No more rules, plz, just... no moar. "Let's shake on it." She held her dainty hand out for him to seal the deal.

Wait, what? "Do you mean house elves?" She had read about those, but hadn't met any yet, so she kinda didn't believe they were real. "What about the other elves, that like, work at the North Pole, and the ones that live in the forest and make shoes, and some that like, help Hobbitts on their journey..." You know, the PRETTY elves. THOSE ones had silver hair! She was sure of it! She wasn't trying to hurt his feelings, honest. She was just convinced that elves were awesome.

But back to Ilya-the-non-elf. "Anyway, yes. You should take this parchment to the Transfiguration teacher. He'll understand it." Totally. She was a great scorekeeper and all that, so she shoved it into his hand. "Yeah yeah, so, back to the bet." Bernadette was totally on the same page as Ilya. "Are we going to go spy on the Headman or what?" Ilya's hair and eyes were important and whatnot, but c'mon. A SPY MISSION?! Way cooler.
Yep, he should definitely take the tally sheet to Mr. Barlow. Ilya folded the sheet neatly and stuffed it in his pocket. What should they do with the BIG books he brought all the way from the other section? They didn't even USE them. Merlin, he had to pair up with a nerd for this, not with the least nerdy person he knew ever.

He stared at Bernie, a little confused by the descriptions she was providing for elves. Her descriptions were too specific to believe she was making them up. He even questioned HIS knowledge now. "Uhm. I don't know what 'Hobbits' are, and no. As far as I know, what you described is... something other than elves." See? He didn't even say how stupid they all sounded. "We should get you to meet one of the house-elves. I met one earlier this year, she was so lovely and timid." It was cute.

OKAY. "Yeah, let's go." He closed the book with a loud THUD (see how big it was?) and started sliding off the chair to leave with her.