Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 818 users online including...
Veronawrj , Natashaqja , bstrtshify , Veronaton , Andreasyqp , Alexrut , Austinwals , mskvplged , Ronaldsnut

10 members
808 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > Middle Era Diagon Alley > Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Sugarplum's Sweet Shop Wizarding children love Wizarding candy, but Sugarplum's has something for everyone. Don't be shy, come and try!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 02:13 AM

Default Sugarplum's Gumball Machines

Graphic by Anna Banana

There are four gumball machines near the exit to the sweet shop. They have been charmed to accept wizarding money instead of muggle money. If you have any knuts in your pocket that you are just dying to get rid of, why not buy a few gumballs with them? All you have to do is place the two knuts inside the little slot, turn the knob, and watch as the gumball travels down the maze and to the little compartment at the bottom where you may receive your gumball. Enjoy!

Remember 2 knuts = 1 gumball!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Vincenzo "Vickers" Vanderbilt

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Ysadore Corveena Roa
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Ability is nothing without Opportunity | | Creativity is Intelligence having FUN

Salander saunters into the sweets shop and pauses by the gumball machine, having spotted the contraption from the hustle and bustle outside. "Finally something familiar in this country, what with their bloody sausages and their spotted...." he's not gonna say it. He dug into his pockets and pulled out a handful of various coins "Knut... knut..." he murmured as he tried to figure out which coins he needed to insert into the slot.

Yeah thats what crazy is, when its broken you say theres nothing to fix++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++And you pray that everything will be okay, while you're making all the same mistakes
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrew James Preston
Seventh Year

x7
Melly Bean | aussiegirl | a Supernatural freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
Salander saunters into the sweets shop and pauses by the gumball machine, having spotted the contraption from the hustle and bustle outside. "Finally something familiar in this country, what with their bloody sausages and their spotted...." he's not gonna say it. He dug into his pockets and pulled out a handful of various coins "Knut... knut..." he murmured as he tried to figure out which coins he needed to insert into the slot.

Mia just couldn't decide what she wanted, there were too many sweets on offer and she didn't have that much money. So she was in kind of a dilemma. She had to make sure that she didn't waste her money on buying something that she might not like.

Still wandering around the shelves, she come upon the gumball machines and a boy who looked about her age. Peeking over his shoulder to see what he was doing, Mia spoke very quietly. "They're the little bronze ones."

The girl might not have much money but she certainly knew what it looked like.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:

x12 x12
Ability is nothing without Opportunity | | Creativity is Intelligence having FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Mia just couldn't decide what she wanted, there were too many sweets on offer and she didn't have that much money. So she was in kind of a dilemma. She had to make sure that she didn't waste her money on buying something that she might not like.

Still wandering around the shelves, she come upon the gumball machines and a boy who looked about her age. Peeking over his shoulder to see what he was doing, Mia spoke very quietly. "They're the little bronze ones."

The girl might not have much money but she certainly knew what it looked like.
He turned with a bit of a start as his eyes grew wide, his defenses leaping up at what he thought was a phantom voice. It took him a split second to realize that a girl was standing behind him. A very pretty girl.

"Thanks." he grinned as he fished out the bronze coins and slid them into the machine. Turning the dial, he spied the girl from the corner of his eye as the gumball twisted its way out of the dispenser. He picked up the candy and handed it to her. "For you Miss...?" he paused waiting to hear her sweet voice again.

Yeah thats what crazy is, when its broken you say theres nothing to fix++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++And you pray that everything will be okay, while you're making all the same mistakes
Old 08-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrew James Preston
Seventh Year

x7
Melly Bean | aussiegirl | a Supernatural freak

Quote:
He turned with a bit of a start as his eyes grew wide, his defenses leaping up at what he thought was a phantom voice. It took him a split second to realize that a girl was standing behind him. A very pretty girl.

"Thanks." he grinned as he fished out the bronze coins and slid them into the machine. Turning the dial, he spied the girl from the corner of his eye as the gumball twisted its way out of the dispenser. He picked up the candy and handed it to her. "For you Miss...?" he paused waiting to hear her sweet voice again.

"No problems at all." she replied watching as he put the coins into the machine. Mia was internally kicking herself for never having come to Diagon Alley before. The place was just full of good looking guys and they all seemed to be so nice as well.

And this one was no exception as he handed her a piece of candy. She smiled happily at him and took the candy from him. Mia didn't need to study the candy to know what it was, she had seen these ones before. Belatedly she realised he was talking to her. "Oh. Miss Mia. I mean Miss Gibbins. My first name is Mia." She looked up at him unabashed by her fumbling and smiled, "And what should I call you?"
Old 08-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sapphinelle Celestine Della
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Adrienne Anais Walsh

Sapphinelle confidently walked into the sweets shop, with a skip in her step. She decided to stop by the gumball machines and indulge a bit, she'd work out later.
She looked around at everyone else, trying to catch their eye.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Oh. A gumball machine? Since when was there a gumball machine in Diagon Alley? Lexi did love gum...and sweets...which meant that Sugarplum's was certainly on the top of her priority list. She could worry about books, parchment, and the such later on. She fished in her pocket for a few knuts then carefully went to stand in line behind a brunette girl. This girl was in line, right?

"Excuse me?" she said, glancing the girl's way. "Are you in line for the gumball machine?" Lexi suddenly felt like a four-year-old standing around in a toy store or something. The things she was willing to go through just for a ball of gum...
Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Adrienne Anais Walsh

Sapphinelle turned around to see a kind-hearted looking woman behind her in line.
"Oh, yes, sorry! I'm Muggleborn you see, this is all kind of new to me." She gave a little giggle and a warm smile. "I'm Sapphinelle! I feel a bit stupid buying candy but I might as well, it reminds me of home so much! I came all the way from America." Saphi, you're doing it again, she thought. She ALWAYS talked so much!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Formerly: gothicravenclaw
Ravenclaw

DMC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roselynne Galloway
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Melody Galloway
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Raelynne Crane

august waits in line she see a women and a girl at the gumball machine. She walks over and says "hello" i'm august i'm honor to meet you she said with money in her small bag
Old 08-09-2010, 12:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Adrienne Anais Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicravenclaw View Post
august waits in line she see a women and a girl at the gumball machine. She walks over and says "hello" i'm august i'm honor to meet you she said with money in her small bag
Oh, it was the same girl who had spotted her at the Owl Emporium.
"Hello, I guess we meet again!", she said with a fake smile on her face.
Her style was err.. different..
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roselynne Galloway
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Melody Galloway
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Raelynne Crane

she smiled "yes we have yeah my new skulls boots just got them for my birthday". she thought to herself i hope my gothic colthes want make her judge me i'm a good witch and a good person.she well i'm in ravenclaw house.Would you like to be freinds she bows my mom is bristish my father is form the us. I must get my pale skin and goods look form my mom.My older sister is a first year also.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anais View Post
Sapphinelle turned around to see a kind-hearted looking woman behind her in line.
"Oh, yes, sorry! I'm Muggleborn you see, this is all kind of new to me." She gave a little giggle and a warm smile. "I'm Sapphinelle! I feel a bit stupid buying candy but I might as well, it reminds me of home so much! I came all the way from America." Saphi, you're doing it again, she thought. She ALWAYS talked so much!
Quote:
Muggleborn, hmm. Lexi, being a pureblood, had more experience inside the magical world rather than outside of it, but she'd managed to learn a little about muggles while living in New York City. "A gumball machine is new?" she asked. For some reason, she'd thought muggle had gumball machines, too. Or, at least, the little machine looked pretty non-magical to her.

Maybe the girl had been referring to something else, though. "Stupid buying candy? Never," Lexi said. "I taught on a whole lesson on cupcakes last school year. You're never too old to enjoy a sweet!"

Just then, another little girl walked in, and Lexi turned to greet her, as well. "Hi there. I'm Alexia Carlton...Lexi. You can call me...do you attend Hogwarts?" she suddenly asked. Both girls certainly looked to be of the school age. "If so, you can call me Professor Carlton."
Old 08-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roselynne Galloway
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Melody Galloway
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Raelynne Crane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Muggleborn, hmm. Lexi, being a pureblood, had more experience inside the magical world rather than outside of it, but she'd managed to learn a little about muggles while living in New York City. "A gumball machine is new?" she asked. For some reason, she'd thought muggle had gumball machines, too. Or, at least, the little machine looked pretty non-magical to her.

Maybe the girl had been referring to something else, though. "Stupid buying candy? Never," Lexi said. "I taught on a whole lesson on cupcakes last school year. You're never too old to enjoy a sweet!"

Just then, another little girl walked in, and Lexi turned to greet her, as well. "Hi there. I'm Alexia Carlton...Lexi. You can call me...do you attend Hogwarts?" she suddenly asked. Both girls certainly looked to be of the school age. "If so, you can call me Professor Carlton."
Nice to meet you professer i'm honored to meet you .yes i'm going to howarts it will be my first year
Old 08-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Adrienne Anais Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

"Very nice to meet you Professor!"
, she said with a nod and a smile.

"By the way, we have gumball machines like this all over the muggle world! It's just the currency I'm not familiar with, heh. I do attend Hogwarts! First year Hufflepuff! So excited!"

She opened her money bag and examined it, looking hard for 'knuts'.

Quote:
she smiled "yes we have yeah my new skulls boots just got them for my birthday". she thought to herself i hope my gothic colthes want make her judge me i'm a good witch and a good person.she well i'm in ravenclaw house.Would you like to be freinds she bows my mom is bristish my father is form the us. I must get my pale skin and goods look form my mom.My older sister is a first year also.
"Oh, err.. cool!", she said excitedly, trying not to judge.
"I'm a hufflepuff, and sure! My parents are both muggles, very surprised to see there was another witch in the family! My grandmother was one, bless her heart." She looked off into the distance getting misty-eyed, thinking of her dear grandmother.

Last edited by Anna Banana; 08-09-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Anais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roselynne Galloway
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Melody Galloway
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Raelynne Crane

my prantes are both wizards but my mom is different kind i have a sister name addison and half sister named missy and borther name blade. how go like the wizarding world i was born in this would but not in normal way she laughed its her inside joke of being a vampire half witch can i tell you something she wispered
Old 08-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Adrienne Anais Walsh

Quote:
my prantes are both wizards but my mom is different kind i have a sister name addison and half sister named missy and borther name blade. how go like the wizarding world i was born in this would but not in normal way she laughed its her inside joke of being a vampire half witch can i tell you something she wispered
"Haha cool! I have a muggle brother. He's pretty cool." She beamed with delight.

Then her face expression changed in an instant. "A secret? Sure, you can tell me.", she said with a smug expression of confidence on her face.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roselynne Galloway
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Melody Galloway
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Raelynne Crane

my mother is vampire so it makes me half wizard half vampire she whispers then gos please don't tell
Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Adrienne Anais Walsh

Quote:
my mother is vampire so it makes me half wizard half vampire she whispers then gos please don't tell
"Oh, that's quite all right! A..vampire?", she said with a squeamish look. She HATED blood.
Well, now she knew where her appearance came from...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #19 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Nekoda had spotted a machine from the corner of her eye while she'd been speaking to Eiri, and she just HAD to excuse herself to go examine it.

Oh sweet merlin. GUM! Nekoda flailed slightly, diving into her person to find a few knuts in order to buy some. Mmm, she loved gum. Loved, loved, LOVED it. Because it was yummy and she could make cool bubbles with it. Mwahaha!

Oooh, and it was especially fun to flick into people's hair.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Formerly: baybee-clo...
Slytherin
Bugbear

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Delilah J. Mosely
First Year
x1
| lottie+hollie ♦ | muma!caley | zara+shan;; too awesome ★ | the OC;; much love ♥ |

So she'd just been a stocked up on a ton of sweets she'd never tried before and she'd forgot to get any gumballs because she had tried those and they were awesome. So she walked over to the gumball machines and stood infront of them. She popped two knuts into the little small gap and turned it. Damn, it wouldn't turn and she was clearly turning it the right way because only people that had never used a gumball machine wouldn't turn it the right way. She stopped trying to turn it, and stared at the machine in frustration. She'd wait for someone to come help her.
ChloeeCloverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:

x12 x12
Default *kicks self for being an RP bum*. sorry :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
"No problems at all." she replied watching as he put the coins into the machine. Mia was internally kicking herself for never having come to Diagon Alley before. The place was just full of good looking guys and they all seemed to be so nice as well.

And this one was no exception as he handed her a piece of candy. She smiled happily at him and took the candy from him. Mia didn't need to study the candy to know what it was, she had seen these ones before. Belatedly she realised he was talking to her. "Oh. Miss Mia. I mean Miss Gibbins. My first name is Mia." She looked up at him unabashed by her fumbling and smiled, "And what should I call you?"
"Mia Gibbins" he said, repeating it slowly, making sure he'd never forget the name that goes with such an exquisite face. Alright this is good! he thought as he turned his back on the gumball machine, completely forgetting what he came there for. "Well, its a pleasure to meet you Mia. The name's Str... uh--Salander. Yeah. Just call me Salander." he responded, flashing the most charming grin he could muster and held out his hand.

His eyes flicked at the line starting to form behind them. He took Mia to the side to let the others get their turn at the gumball machine. "So Mia, what brings you around here? Shopping for something?... or someone...?"

Quote:
Sapphinelle confidently walked into the sweets shop, with a skip in her step. She decided to stop by the gumball machines and indulge a bit, she'd work out later.
She looked around at everyone else, trying to catch their eye.
Quote:
Salander's ears perked up on hearing the word "America". Ah a fellow patriot. he thought as he gently segued his way into the young girls' conversation "You're American? Where from? I'm a California bum myself" he said breaking into an easy smile.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeeCloverr View Post
So she'd just been a stocked up on a ton of sweets she'd never tried before and she'd forgot to get any gumballs because she had tried those and they were awesome. So she walked over to the gumball machines and stood infront of them. She popped two knuts into the little small gap and turned it. Damn, it wouldn't turn and she was clearly turning it the right way because only people that had never used a gumball machine wouldn't turn it the right way. She stopped trying to turn it, and stared at the machine in frustration. She'd wait for someone to come help her.
There was a sweet shop in Diagon Alley and Jake hadn't visited it.

That was some kind of crime.

Out of nowhere came a boy running at full speed towards the nearest source of sweets he could get to. Yup. Right there. THERE.

Jake now stood at 5'8" and today was sporting cut-off jean shorts (jorts, if you will) and a long-sleeved checkered flannel-like shirt. He wore black and white converse shoes with socks that made it seemed like he wasn't wearing them... mussed up hair, too.

And he was gonna drown his sorrows in sugar. YES HE WAS.

"Huhh-hurryyyyyy," the boy urged, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

You are Chocolate!
Felixir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Formerly: baybee-clo...
Slytherin
Bugbear

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Delilah J. Mosely
First Year
x1
| lottie+hollie ♦ | muma!caley | zara+shan;; too awesome ★ | the OC;; much love ♥ |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoerawrr View Post
There was a sweet shop in Diagon Alley and Jake hadn't visited it.

That was some kind of crime.

Out of nowhere came a boy running at full speed towards the nearest source of sweets he could get to. Yup. Right there. THERE.

Jake now stood at 5'8" and today was sporting cut-off jean shorts (jorts, if you will) and a long-sleeved checkered flannel-like shirt. He wore black and white converse shoes with socks that made it seemed like he wasn't wearing them... mussed up hair, too.

And he was gonna drown his sorrows in sugar. YES HE WAS.

"Huhh-hurryyyyyy," the boy urged, bouncing on the balls of his feet.
Callie twisted the machine. So Maybe she was turning it the wrong way. She turned it the other way and watched in a amazment as the gumball bounced threw the maze liek a bouncy ball but it wasn't a bouncy ball. The best of both worlds no ? She grabbed it at the bottom and popped it into her mouth. Yuuum before moving out the way and looking at the rather bouncy boy behind her. She heard he'd said something, maybe he was complimenting her prettiness. "What ?"
ChloeeCloverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:

Ministry RPG Name:

x12 x12
Default because this boy just couldnt stand a lady in distress LOL! :P

edit: well she got the candy out. so much for knight in shining tin foil

Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Adrienne Anais Walsh

Quote:
"Mia Gibbins" he said, repeating it slowly, making sure he'd never forget the name that goes with such an exquisite face. Alright this is good! he thought as he turned his back on the gumball machine, completely forgetting what he came there for. "Well, its a pleasure to meet you Mia. The name's Str... uh--Salander. Yeah. Just call me Salander." he responded, flashing the most charming grin he could muster and held out his hand.

His eyes flicked at the line starting to form behind them. He took Mia to the side to let the others get their turn at the gumball machine. "So Mia, what brings you around here? Shopping for something?... or someone...?"

Salander's ears perked up on hearing the word "America". Ah a fellow patriot. he thought as he gently segued his way into the young girls' conversation "You're American? Where from? I'm a California bum myself" he said breaking into an easy smile.
She smiled back at him. "East coast, actually. Virginia, right by the beach!", she said with a confident smile.