Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 737 users online including...
Igorivi , Alexrut , hermionesclone , Chelliephone , Austinwals , Zoe , WonderingWizard , Leoncjc , Stevendalo , DonaldReant

16 members
721 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 49: May - August 2018

Term 49: May - August 2018 Term Forty-Nine: A Hoard of Trouble (Sept 2095 - June 2096)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 04-16-2017, 09:01 PM

Default The Courtyard

Banner credit: MunchyBubbles

The Courtyard is where the students spend their time between lessons if they’re not in their Common Room or the Great Hall. Its architecture reveals the Courtyard to be one of the oldest parts of the castle. It connects the castle with the Grounds and also leads to the Wooden Bridge.

In the middle of the Courtyard stands an antique ceramic fountain, perfect for admiring your own reflection or making wishes at. Be aware that once your coin has been tossed into the water, you may never get it back as it will continue to sink. Be careful not to fall in as an attempt of retrieving it, the staff does not usually fancy a swim in the fountain to fetch little students.

In between classes, the Courtyard is usually filled with students enjoying some sun before heading back into the castle again. Whether you choose to occupy one of the many stone benches or enjoy a picnic in the warm lush grass, the Courtyard is the perfect place to relax with your friends from all houses.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:11 AM   #76 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

The was one thing inherently clear about this moment, even though even now she isn’t aware of it. That Daehyun was not her boytoy. He was a friend. So pankcake was a male, that worked. She could call him Pan for short, that is if she wanted to give the pygmypuff a short name. ”does anyone want one – Daniel made them…he’s pretty good at the food-thing he made me pancakes once” yep, and that was how the Puff’s name had come about.

Still, the blonde almost felt like she had been talking too much was already swiping her finger across the top of one of the cupcakes. Then slowly unintentionally slowly as she was busy trying to pay attention to everything and everyone - still, she didn’t hear Quinn’s comment about the Pygmypuffs…she was too focused on the fact that Daehyun had grabbed Pancake and was…holding him out toward her? Was…was he regretting this?

She wasn’t, Pancake was a Pygmypufff. It was just what they did. ”Its…its okay, weird but okay” Beth grinned as she stood there….then, she heard the joke. ”nooo, don’t feed him to Tobias, they’re cute adorable fluffballs of filth…like chinchillas but not” she didn’t want Pancake to be snake-food. ”you don’t have to,” Beth grinned over to him ”if all goes well my mum won’t care next year – y’know, as long as I don’t smack people with sticks…” it was then that she realized her mother wouldn’t sign for her to play Quidditch – that was a lawsuit waiting to happen.

”and by next year we’ll all have our own inside jokes” Beth grinned, because really those made the best gifts.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 06-23-2018, 04:36 AM   #77 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Headmistress
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

It was a beautiful February afternoon. The smell of spring was starting to fight its way through the winter slumber and the sun shone bright in the sky. Wanting to take full advantage of the unseasonably cheery day, Emmalyn packed her bag and headed out to the courtyard to study. Walking the grounds and daydreaming would have been her first choice, but reading in the sun was a close second.

After finding the perfect bench, one that faced just the right angle to keep the sun out of her eyes, but still allowed the warm rays to fall upon her vitamin d lacking body, she took a seat and pulled out her planner. The trouble with struggling in several classes was trying to choose which one received attention first. Transfiguration was a struggle, as was potions. However, the only class she had managed to set another student's clothes on fire in was charms. That could never happen again...at least not on accident. She let out a small giggle and shook her head at the thought. No, she would never set another students clothes on fire on purpose either.

Finally deciding upon her plan of study, she pulled out her book of spells, and began reading. She was so engrossed in her reading that she was completely oblivious to her surroundings.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:05 AM   #78 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
It was a beautiful February afternoon. The smell of spring was starting to fight its way through the winter slumber and the sun shone bright in the sky. Wanting to take full advantage of the unseasonably cheery day, Emmalyn packed her bag and headed out to the courtyard to study. Walking the grounds and daydreaming would have been her first choice, but reading in the sun was a close second.

After finding the perfect bench, one that faced just the right angle to keep the sun out of her eyes, but still allowed the warm rays to fall upon her vitamin d lacking body, she took a seat and pulled out her planner. The trouble with struggling in several classes was trying to choose which one received attention first. Transfiguration was a struggle, as was potions. However, the only class she had managed to set another student's clothes on fire in was charms. That could never happen again...at least not on accident. She let out a small giggle and shook her head at the thought. No, she would never set another students clothes on fire on purpose either.

Finally deciding upon her plan of study, she pulled out her book of spells, and began reading. She was so engrossed in her reading that she was completely oblivious to her surroundings.
Even with the morning jogs with Roderik, Regina still wasn't totally used to Scottish winters. They were still cold to the bone, and the headmistress honestly would rather stay indoors, close to a lit fireplace. But, alas, here she was making her way out to the courtyard only to venture off further into the grounds. There better have been good reason for her to be summoned all the way out there...

But her trek was put on pause when she caught sight of the young Hufflepuff. Regina couldn't help put blink. Yes, the sun was out (a sign of spring, which she was looking forward to longingly after the cold winter) ... but it was still February. It wasn't exactly warm out. The air still had a bite, at least in her opinion.

"Good afternoon, Miss Walsh," the woman finally stated. "An odd place to be studying in this weather, don't you think? I do hope you've casted a heating charm on yourself, even with the sun shining."

Old 07-11-2018, 03:07 AM   #79 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

SPOILER!!: Headmistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Even with the morning jogs with Roderik, Regina still wasn't totally used to Scottish winters. They were still cold to the bone, and the headmistress honestly would rather stay indoors, close to a lit fireplace. But, alas, here she was making her way out to the courtyard only to venture off further into the grounds. There better have been good reason for her to be summoned all the way out there...

But her trek was put on pause when she caught sight of the young Hufflepuff. Regina couldn't help put blink. Yes, the sun was out (a sign of spring, which she was looking forward to longingly after the cold winter) ... but it was still February. It wasn't exactly warm out. The air still had a bite, at least in her opinion.

"Good afternoon, Miss Walsh," the woman finally stated. "An odd place to be studying in this weather, don't you think? I do hope you've casted a heating charm on yourself, even with the sun shining."

Fully engrossed in her reading, she didn't hear the Headmistress approach and was startled by the sound of her voice. So startled that she dropped her book on the ground with a loud thunk. Her head whipped up to see the familiar face. "Oh! Hello, Headmistress, you surprised me." She reached down and picked up her charms textbook and placed it on her lap. "I rather like the cold weather. Helps me stay focused." She replied, tapping on the cover of her charms book. Plus, it really wasn't that cold and the sun more than made up for any chill in the air.

"A heating charm? Well, I, um, no. No heating charm. I haven't exactly figured that one out yet." Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. It seemed she couldn't escape her faults, even out in the courtyard.

Hoping to change the subject, she placed her book in her bag and rose to her feet. She didn't want to seem rude by continuing to sit. "So, what brings you out on this fine day?" She wondered what the Headmistress did when she wasn't Headmistressing. It seemed odd to her that she might be doing something that wasn't required by Hogwarts.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:15 AM   #80 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Fully engrossed in her reading, she didn't hear the Headmistress approach and was startled by the sound of her voice. So startled that she dropped her book on the ground with a loud thunk. Her head whipped up to see the familiar face. "Oh! Hello, Headmistress, you surprised me." She reached down and picked up her charms textbook and placed it on her lap. "I rather like the cold weather. Helps me stay focused." She replied, tapping on the cover of her charms book. Plus, it really wasn't that cold and the sun more than made up for any chill in the air.

"A heating charm? Well, I, um, no. No heating charm. I haven't exactly figured that one out yet." Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. It seemed she couldn't escape her faults, even out in the courtyard.

Hoping to change the subject, she placed her book in her bag and rose to her feet. She didn't want to seem rude by continuing to sit. "So, what brings you out on this fine day?" She wondered what the Headmistress did when she wasn't Headmistressing. It seemed odd to her that she might be doing something that wasn't required by Hogwarts.
"I didn't mean to startle you," she quickly responded, watching as the Hufflepuff picked up her book from the ground. She then caught the title of the book in the girl's hands -- "or disturb you from your studying. My apologies."

Now, Regina couldn't tell what was the cause of the flushed cheeks. Was it the fact that Emmalyn hadn't quite worked out the mechanics of the heating charm? Or perhaps the air was a little colder than she was letting on?

"May I suggest Bluebell Flames?" the headmistress said, remembering that being a spell they learned in one of their lessons. It was fairly simple, and didn't involve anyone getting burned.

The subject was quickly changed, however, which the woman took as a cue. "One of the professors requested that I meet them out in the grounds," she said, her gaze shifting to the wooden bridge that she eventually would need to cross. "Not exactly sure why yet, but duty calls."

Old 07-13-2018, 04:36 PM   #81 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:

"I didn't mean to startle you," she quickly responded, watching as the Hufflepuff picked up her book from the ground. She then caught the title of the book in the girl's hands -- "or disturb you from your studying. My apologies."

Now, Regina couldn't tell what was the cause of the flushed cheeks. Was it the fact that Emmalyn hadn't quite worked out the mechanics of the heating charm? Or perhaps the air was a little colder than she was letting on?

"May I suggest Bluebell Flames?" the headmistress said, remembering that being a spell they learned in one of their lessons. It was fairly simple, and didn't involve anyone getting burned.

The subject was quickly changed, however, which the woman took as a cue. "One of the professors requested that I meet them out in the grounds," she said, her gaze shifting to the wooden bridge that she eventually would need to cross. "Not exactly sure why yet, but duty calls."
Blue bell flames? Did she know what had happened in Charms class? Maybe Professor Marchand had told her she set Derf's shoe on fire and this was her way of trying to get her to say something about it. Either way, she was going to ignore the suggestion and move along.

Her eyes followed the Headmistress's gaze towards the wooden bridge, wondering which professor would be calling her outside in a sort of private place. Maybe it was a date. It could be rather romantic out there. "Oh, well, that sounds interesting. It's a nice sunny day for a meet up." She grinned only slightly hoping for more information, but fairly certain that wasn't going to happen. There was no reason for the Headmistress to tell her anything about her personal or professional business.

"Well, I don't want to keep you from your work." She had a hard time of reading people and wondered if Professor Hawthorne was simply trying to politely exit. Plus, she still had a lot of studying to do before exams.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:19 AM   #82 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Quote:
Blue bell flames? Did she know what had happened in Charms class? Maybe Professor Marchand had told her she set Derf's shoe on fire and this was her way of trying to get her to say something about it. Either way, she was going to ignore the suggestion and move along.

Her eyes followed the Headmistress's gaze towards the wooden bridge, wondering which professor would be calling her outside in a sort of private place. Maybe it was a date. It could be rather romantic out there. "Oh, well, that sounds interesting. It's a nice sunny day for a meet up." She grinned only slightly hoping for more information, but fairly certain that wasn't going to happen. There was no reason for the Headmistress to tell her anything about her personal or professional business.

"Well, I don't want to keep you from your work." She had a hard time of reading people and wondered if Professor Hawthorne was simply trying to politely exit. Plus, she still had a lot of studying to do before exams.
Did she know about what happened in Charms class? No, actually. The headmistress knew the content they were studying, but that was all she was aware of. Had she known about the events that had transpired, she probably wouldn't have thought too much of it. Accidents were bound to happen in Charms.

She didn't linger on the suggestion of using Bluebell Flames. Emmalyn didn't seem very interested in that and stuck with her statement of the current state of the weather helping her keep focused. Mind you, she had broken the girl's focus by interrupting her studies.

"I don't think it'll be much of a meet up," Regina responded truthfully, even though she herself really didn't know what to expect. "Something probably got out of the barn and ran off, or maybe something is going on in the forest. The message said my presence was urgent."

With that said, the headmistress did have to leave. Not that she necessarily wanted to, but because she needed to. "I'll leave you to your studies now, Miss Walsh. Don't stay out too long though, alright? I'd had for you to catch a cold."

Old 07-16-2018, 04:31 AM   #83 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Did she know about what happened in Charms class? No, actually. The headmistress knew the content they were studying, but that was all she was aware of. Had she known about the events that had transpired, she probably wouldn't have thought too much of it. Accidents were bound to happen in Charms.

She didn't linger on the suggestion of using Bluebell Flames. Emmalyn didn't seem very interested in that and stuck with her statement of the current state of the weather helping her keep focused. Mind you, she had broken the girl's focus by interrupting her studies.

"I don't think it'll be much of a meet up," Regina responded truthfully, even though she herself really didn't know what to expect. "Something probably got out of the barn and ran off, or maybe something is going on in the forest. The message said my presence was urgent."

With that said, the headmistress did have to leave. Not that she necessarily wanted to, but because she needed to. "I'll leave you to your studies now, Miss Walsh. Don't stay out too long though, alright? I'd had for you to catch a cold."
She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, starting to feel the cold air seep through her outerwear and down to her bones. She shivered a bit and rubbed her hands together for extra warmth. Maybe the Headmistress was right, it was a bit too cold to be studying outside for more than a little while.

Her interest in what was pulling Professor Hawthorne away was fading at the talk of things as mundane as a creature roaming from the barn. "Oh, well then I better not keep you." She nodded her head in agreement over not staying out too long. "I won't be out much longer. I think my fingers are protesting the cold a bit more than I let on." She placed her hands in her pockets. "Thanks for saying hi and I hope your meetup is uneventful."

She sat back down and gathered her things. A trip back to the Hufflepuff common room to sit by the fire was in order. If she was lucky, there would be a tray of cookies and hot chocolate sitting out when she arrived.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:34 AM   #84 (permalink)

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Default Astronomy Long-Term Assignment #2
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

The courtyard was a little bit of a busy place to do an observation, but Maddie figured other students would know what she was up to. Besides, other students probably had done their own observations here at some point, too. It was a Tuesday night, and Maddie was on night two of trying to complete the Astronomy assignment she'd waited almost all school year to get started on. Nevertheless, she was here now, and that's all that mattered.

Once again, the third year had her charmed bag of supplies, including her trusty blanket and her notes, as she chose a spot in the courtyard. She spread the blanket out in the open and got herself comfortable on it. Last night, she'd had no luck in her search for the Northern Lights. Not even one simple sign of a streak of color. Apparently, particles weren't colliding in the sky when she was out and about last night.

She hoped tonight would be different. She really hoped to see her favorite color, PINK, stretching across the night sky. It'd be SO COOL! She'd only ever seen the lights in pictures. Oh, and implementing that spell they'd learned in class. That didn't really count, though. So with thoughts of seeing her first Aurora Borealis in the sky, Maddie lied down on her blanket and looked up. The stars were really visible tonight, but they weren't what she was here to see. She tried to stay a little longer tonight, maybe ten extra minutes, but the Northern Lights didn't seem to be out tonight either. She sighed and picked up her quill and parchment.

Quote:
Observations
By: Maddie Kemp
Day: Tuesday, just at nightfall

I decided to do my second observation in the courtyard. I also brought along the same blanket to lie on, just for comfort reasons, of course. Although the stars weren't the reason I was out tonight, I noted that they were very visible in the night sky. I thought for sure I could clearly see the Northern Lights, but no. Tonight was another unlucky one.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:19 PM   #85 (permalink)
Walking Dead
Puffskein

The Inferi moved onwards.... onwards... and into the Courtyard. They moved forwards with surprising speed and agility for beings of the dead. The moonlight didn't illuminate as much but that didn't matter. Their cloudy eyes could see all...

A few scaly hands gripped onto the nearby pillar and tore it down. There was a deafening CRASH! as the pillar broke into a million pieces on the floor. A moment.... a single moment of silence followed this scene as the Inferi surveyed the remains on the floor....

.... and then there was chaos.

One by one, the corpses moved. Pillars, stone benches... every bit of the architecture was getting destroyed. They were fully intent on demolishing as much as possible and no one was going to get in their way.

Nothing was going to remain untouched, not even the fountain in the middle...