sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1195 users online including...
Antoniopjh , Antoniomyv , Kimothy

4 members
1191 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 52: May - August 2019

Term 52: May - August 2019 Term Fifty-Two: It Comes (Sept 2098 - June 2099)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2019, 01:28 AM

Default Professor Cornish's Airstream

There’s a glint in the trees between the Creatures hut and the Black Lake, and if you get close enough, you can see a large caravan shaped like a plump silver bullet. It glitters where sunlight reflects dappling patterns against the side of the vehicle. This is clearly where Cornish lives – a chair and table under the awning, laundry flapping from the line stretching between two trees, and his shaggy dog Brenda asleep under the steps.

Students are welcome to stop to play with the dog, but even better, Cornish has created some wading pools in the lake shallows behind his caravan, and they’re welcome to examine the wildlife, dip their feet in the water, or go for a careful swim. Take advantage while the weather is warm enough.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Chloe had wandered somehow down the grounds. She was enjoying the warm sun and let her thoughts take over while her feet kept walking. It didn't seem like she had started in this direction, but here she was and now she was staring at the new professor's office space... or was it living space? Did the professors sleep at the castle all the time? She assumed they probably didn't with families of their own, but she had never ever put any thought in whether they did or not until now.

Looking around it Chloe saw the dog and smiled, "Hi there cutie", not going to close since the dog clearly didn't know her. She wanted to make friends with it but knew that she had to go slow with animals.

Seeing the wading pools took her attention from the dog for a moment and she headed over. Had this always been here or was it new? No, she knew it had to be new. She had been to the other professor's hut before and never saw this. Bending down she looked in and started to observe the life swimming around.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

"That's Brenda," Cornish emerged from his caravan with a hand over his eyes to bloke out the sun. In the other hand was a jar of dog treats. Homemade, by his mother, who spoiled the only 'grand child' she had right now. "She won't bite. In fact, if you give her a treat, she'll roll on her back and give up all sense of her own pride."

He shook the jar of treats at the girl, in case she wanted to try. "What do you see in the water?"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 05-07-2019, 03:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Chloe wasn't expecting anyone to come around while she was there even though she should have realized the professor probably had something to let him know when students were outside his door. Looking up to see him coming closer she smiled, "Oh I wasn't sure and I was always taught to let them come to you so they can sense you aren't going to harm them or anything. Dogs are smart like that, I wish people had that sense in them, to know good and bad like they do." Honestly it would be a great thing to have sometimes she thought.

Moving back to her feet she took out one of the treats, "Hi Brenda, I'm Chloe wants to be my friend?" She leaned down with the treat so the dog could take it. Smiling as the pup ate the treat her eyes went back to the water. "Well I don't know really, I was just starting to look at it when you came out. I thought I saw something down there though. It's a cool little set up you have here."
Old 05-08-2019, 01:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

"The lake is cool without me having anything to do with it. Hundreds of kinds of creatures, thousands of individual little souls, all living in perfect harmony. With us, I suppose, although we're not very good at the harmony thing." He dropped to his haunches beside the water and stared into the shallow water. There was a waterbug skittering across the surface like a tiny Olympic ice skater those Muggles had, and then it disappeared into the mouth of a plimpy.

Just like that.

He glanced back as Brenda rolled over for Chloe to scratch her belly. "Have some self respect, girl. You're embarrassing yourself."

Old 05-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3
Default So rusty :whaa:
Frangelina || twitter addict || Music of the Sun || The Fresh Princess of Bellaire

Belle was here for the creatures.

Only and solely here to discuss creatures and nothing else.

Merlin's honour.

The very handsome professor who kinda, sorta maybe looked like her dad had nothing to do with her stopping by his office...house...thing...
What was this contraption anyways?

Belle squinted as the gleam from the professor's house thing reflected in her eyes.

Her brown eyes lit up as she noticed the shaggy dog near the steps.

"Doggie!"

The first year Claw rushed to the dog and began scratching him behind the ear,not once considering the fact that not all dogs were friendly. This one seemed friendly enough though.

...Throw me to the wolves and I'll return leading the pack...
Old 05-09-2019, 01:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvy_Wavvy View Post
Belle was here for the creatures.

Only and solely here to discuss creatures and nothing else.

Merlin's honour.

The very handsome professor who kinda, sorta maybe looked like her dad had nothing to do with her stopping by his office...house...thing...
What was this contraption anyways?

Belle squinted as the gleam from the professor's house thing reflected in her eyes.

Her brown eyes lit up as she noticed the shaggy dog near the steps.

"Doggie!"

The first year Claw rushed to the dog and began scratching him behind the ear,not once considering the fact that not all dogs were friendly. This one seemed friendly enough though.
Brenda was a good old girl, totally mellow and completely willing to be loved on by anyone who would give her that attention. Cornish didn't worry about Brenda, since the old girl was definitely spoiled by attention and content in almost any setting. Like this, now, with a student coming over to visit the dog. Not the professor. The dog.

Brenda loved the attention, but Cornish wasn't thrilled about the whole 'doggie' thing. Brenda wasn't a baby. She had no self respect, but Cornish sure did. "Her name's Brenda. Did you come by to go in the lake? I have some kayaks." And canoes and diving equipment and fishing nets and probably a wave board somewhere.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3
Frangelina || twitter addict || Music of the Sun || The Fresh Princess of Bellaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Brenda was a good old girl, totally mellow and completely willing to be loved on by anyone who would give her that attention. Cornish didn't worry about Brenda, since the old girl was definitely spoiled by attention and content in almost any setting. Like this, now, with a student coming over to visit the dog. Not the professor. The dog.

Brenda loved the attention, but Cornish wasn't thrilled about the whole 'doggie' thing. Brenda wasn't a baby. She had no self respect, but Cornish sure did. "Her name's Brenda. Did you come by to go in the lake? I have some kayaks." And canoes and diving equipment and fishing nets and probably a wave board somewhere.
Belle was completely preoccupied with the cute dog. She really did seem to like being scratched and rubbed which thrilled the eleven year old even more. She was making the dog happy. What more could you want to do with your life really?

She looked up suddenly when a voice caught her attention.

His voice was as melodious and soothing as waves crashing against the shore and even more dreamy when it wasn't floating across the Great Hall and tainted by the other voices of her peers.

She stood up quickly and straightened her clothes.

"Professor!"

Belle looked back at the dog and tilted her head a little. The shaggy pooch didn't much look like a Brenda. " I've never met a dog with that name..."

Actually, the first year did not come by to go to the lake but Kayaking didn't sound a bad idea.

"Will you come with me?" she looked at him with big brown hopeful eyes.." And can Brenda come?" Hopefully the squid wouldn't think she was snack.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
"The lake is cool without me having anything to do with it. Hundreds of kinds of creatures, thousands of individual little souls, all living in perfect harmony. With us, I suppose, although we're not very good at the harmony thing." He dropped to his haunches beside the water and stared into the shallow water. There was a waterbug skittering across the surface like a tiny Olympic ice skater those Muggles had, and then it disappeared into the mouth of a plimpy.

Just like that.

He glanced back as Brenda rolled over for Chloe to scratch her belly. "Have some self respect, girl. You're embarrassing yourself."
Chloe couldn't help but laugh when the professor spoke to his dog. "Oh she is just being a cutie there is nothing wrong with her wanting belly rubs, is there Brenda." Chloe was already in love with the dog and she could sit and pat her forever if she wanted.

Her attention was to the water though and her thoughts to what the professor had said, "I think some humans want to live in harmony, but it's hard for the ones that do try to convince the others that feel it is their birthright to do what they want because they are humans that is the hard part. I feel that we should want to live in harmony with all creatures, but I know that is difficult."

Moving closer to the water she looked in.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
Belle was completely preoccupied with the cute dog. She really did seem to like being scratched and rubbed which thrilled the eleven year old even more. She was making the dog happy. What more could you want to do with your life really?

She looked up suddenly when a voice caught her attention.

His voice was as melodious and soothing as waves crashing against the shore and even more dreamy when it wasn't floating across the Great Hall and tainted by the other voices of her peers.

She stood up quickly and straightened her clothes.

"Professor!"

Belle looked back at the dog and tilted her head a little. The shaggy pooch didn't much look like a Brenda. " I've never met a dog with that name..."

Actually, the first year did not come by to go to the lake but Kayaking didn't sound a bad idea.

"Will you come with me?" she looked at him with big brown hopeful eyes.." And can Brenda come?" Hopefully the squid wouldn't think she was snack.
"Brenda is the only one of her kind. You've never met a Brenda before." He stepped over to give the dog a rough scrub behind the ears before heading back to pull laundry off the line. When it got colder, he'd have to actually wash and dry his clothes in the castle, take meals there too, but for now, he could enjoy as little time indoors as possible.

"Brenda doesn't swim. She can do it, but she prefers to bark at the water from the shore. She's better in a canoe. But why don't we drag some kayaks over to the lake shore and see if anyone else wants to join us?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Chloe couldn't help but laugh when the professor spoke to his dog. "Oh she is just being a cutie there is nothing wrong with her wanting belly rubs, is there Brenda." Chloe was already in love with the dog and she could sit and pat her forever if she wanted.

Her attention was to the water though and her thoughts to what the professor had said, "I think some humans want to live in harmony, but it's hard for the ones that do try to convince the others that feel it is their birthright to do what they want because they are humans that is the hard part. I feel that we should want to live in harmony with all creatures, but I know that is difficult."

Moving closer to the water she looked in.
"It is difficult, but it shouldn't be. If everyone took responsibility for themselves, it would be perfectly easy," Cornish stirred up the water with a stick he'd plucked off the shore, creating a muddy haze that hid all the interesting life from their eyes. The bugs and plants and fish and crabs and everything, gone in a blink. Chucking the stick aside, Cornish watched the water closely as the dirt started to settle again.

It went from muddy and nearly opaque to clear again pretty quickly, the mud settling back to the lake floor and allowing the sun to dapple through the trees above and leave interesting patterns on the muddy bottoms. "Ah, there we are," Cornish reached into the settling muck and plucked out a plimpy who was only willing to enter the shallow water because it was stirred up. "They're shy," he added as an aside, turning the creature over in his hands, long legs flopping everywhere as it struggled to escape.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3

Quote:
"Brenda is the only one of her kind. You've never met a Brenda before." He stepped over to give the dog a rough scrub behind the ears before heading back to pull laundry off the line. When it got colder, he'd have to actually wash and dry his clothes in the castle, take meals there too, but for now, he could enjoy as little time indoors as possible.

"Brenda doesn't swim. She can do it, but she prefers to bark at the water from the shore. She's better in a canoe. But why don't we drag some kayaks over to the lake shore and see if anyone else wants to join us?"
Belle's head tilted to the other side.

"The only one of her kind because of what kind of dog she is..or because she's the only dog named Brenda?" The first year was hoping it was the first option. Maybe Brenda was a flying dog..or maybe she could breathe fire.

She watched him as he pulled his laundry off the line manually. The only person she'd seen do any kind of manual labour without magic was her dad and he was muggle born so that was completely understandable.

"That's a shame. Swimming is one of my favourite things to do." Naturally, she did live on a beach.

The little RavenClaw groaned inaudibly. She had to shaaare the professor's time with other people? Ugh ugh ugh.

"Fine." She said quietly.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

"Sadly, just the only good girl named Brenda, although I think she's one of a kind. She's just a good old fashioned mutt, but she's special." At least, that was Cornish's opinion.

He gestured toward the back of the hut, where there were kayaks stacked in an untidy pile. "I'll levitate them toward the lake shore, but you go ahead and grab one for yourself first."

Old 05-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3

"Good old fashion mutts are nice. My friend Avery from wiz-prep had a cute mutt named Daisy. I wish I had a cute mutt." She sighed with an air of dramatics and ruffled the pooch's fur again before following the professor.

She paused feet away from where the Kayaks were stopped and tapped her little chin. She wanted to choose the best one.

"Which one is your favourite?"

Old 05-13-2019, 12:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

"They're all the same, honestly. Kept up and cleaned all at the same time, about the same age. You can pick one by color or because you have a gut feeling, but none of them are going to sink on you." In fact, Cornish reached out and tapped a dark green one. "I like this one, I guess."

Or maybe she was one of those people who needed her kayak to match her eyes or the shirt she'd chosen today because it mattered how the moment looked to other people? He didn't know, but the dark green one was perfectly acceptable.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3

Belle listened until she heard what she was waiting for. Everyone always said they didn't have a favourite something but usually they did. His favourite was the dark green one so that was the one that she took.

She was still small, so even though the kayak wasn't heavy she struggled a bit to maneuver her properly so she could pull it with her.

"Everyone has a favourite. I'm everyone's favourite." Of course the first year very much meant that and it never came from a place of narcissism. She was always the baby of her house and the only girl for her parents so naturally she was the princess.

"Besides this will make me invisible if the squid is looking up. My kayak will blend in with the water."

Belle Bellaire-Moore dropping straight facts.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

It was difficult in some ways having such a high turnover rate for teachers at Hogwarts. With it being his fifth year, Gunnar was starting to feel the pressure of needing advice for his educational and professional future, even though he was still only fifteen, and he was at a bit of a loss on who to talk to.

There were so many new professors this year, two of them being ones that crossed his mind to talk to - namely his new head of house and the new CoMC professor. He also had the vague notion of talking to Sutton as Herbology very much pertained to his prospective interests, but it still struck him as odd that their old Divination professor was now teaching Herbology and he was having a hard time getting past that. Eh, maybe he'd just talk to all three and get their different perspectives.

But today he was going to speak to Cornish first, for no other reason than he was already outside and walking past....whatever this muggle contraption was that was apparently the man's office or living space or whatever. Looking around curiously a bit, he raised a tentative fist and knocked on the door.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default Splitting timelinessss

Quote:
Belle listened until she heard what she was waiting for. Everyone always said they didn't have a favourite something but usually they did. His favourite was the dark green one so that was the one that she took.

She was still small, so even though the kayak wasn't heavy she struggled a bit to maneuver her properly so she could pull it with her.

"Everyone has a favourite. I'm everyone's favourite." Of course the first year very much meant that and it never came from a place of narcissism. She was always the baby of her house and the only girl for her parents so naturally she was the princess.

"Besides this will make me invisible if the squid is looking up. My kayak will blend in with the water."

Belle Bellaire-Moore dropping straight facts.
"I think the squid will still be able to see you, but I think he's pretty friendly," Cornish grabbed a gray and white wooden kayak and hefted it against his shoulder before picking up the other end of Belle's green kayak. "You gonna fuss about getting those shoes wet? Because chances are really good that you'll get them wet or dirty or both."

He wasn't going to comment on the favorite. She wasn't his favorite, since he'd just met her, but he had enough sense to know that she wouldn't handle that bit of news very well. "Brenda's my favorite. Ready to get on the water?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
It was difficult in some ways having such a high turnover rate for teachers at Hogwarts. With it being his fifth year, Gunnar was starting to feel the pressure of needing advice for his educational and professional future, even though he was still only fifteen, and he was at a bit of a loss on who to talk to.

There were so many new professors this year, two of them being ones that crossed his mind to talk to - namely his new head of house and the new CoMC professor. He also had the vague notion of talking to Sutton as Herbology very much pertained to his prospective interests, but it still struck him as odd that their old Divination professor was now teaching Herbology and he was having a hard time getting past that. Eh, maybe he'd just talk to all three and get their different perspectives.

But today he was going to speak to Cornish first, for no other reason than he was already outside and walking past....whatever this muggle contraption was that was apparently the man's office or living space or whatever. Looking around curiously a bit, he raised a tentative fist and knocked on the door.
Cornish fully expected visitors in his office, miserable as it might be, but it was a pleasant surprise when they started showing up at his house. Caravan. Whatever. He pulled open the door with a pop, a sound that always reminded him that he lived in a giant tin can. Like breaking the seal on a tin of beans, only the bean was him.

"Yeah?" Cornish peered at the kid in the morning light, blurry after the darkness inside the caravan. "Uhhh. McCarthy, right? You lost?"

Old 05-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3

Quote:
"I think the squid will still be able to see you, but I think he's pretty friendly," Cornish grabbed a gray and white wooden kayak and hefted it against his shoulder before picking up the other end of Belle's green kayak. "You gonna fuss about getting those shoes wet? Because chances are really good that you'll get them wet or dirty or both."

He wasn't going to comment on the favorite. She wasn't his favorite, since he'd just met her, but he had enough sense to know that she wouldn't handle that bit of news very well. "Brenda's my favorite. Ready to get on the water?"
"Really? I thought for sure that the green would disguise the kayak pretty well. That's a shame." That hypothesis was a bust. She flashed the professor a smile when he helped her with her kayak and chipped out a bright "thanks" to him.

Belle shook her head.

"No I don't mind. I have more shoes."

Okay she expected him to say that but Brenda was a puppy. "Yeah but Brenda is a dog. It's not the same as having a favourite person....ready!"

Old 05-17-2019, 01:34 AM   #19 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
"Really? I thought for sure that the green would disguise the kayak pretty well. That's a shame." That hypothesis was a bust. She flashed the professor a smile when he helped her with her kayak and chipped out a bright "thanks" to him.

Belle shook her head.

"No I don't mind. I have more shoes."

Okay she expected him to say that but Brenda was a puppy. "Yeah but Brenda is a dog. It's not the same as having a favourite person....ready!"
"It's a perfect disguise, but Old Barty isn't your average... anything. He can see feel your vibrations in the water and sense you. So your disguise doesn't matter because he doesn't need his eyes. But the mermaids..." They could sense her too, but he wanted her to have the win, since he had a feeling she'd change the color of her kayak constantly if given a chance.

"She's my favorite everything. Now. Get in and I'll push you off. That'll save your shoes one minute longer."

Old 05-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3

Belle listen as the professor explained why the kayak wouldn't work. She needed to keep in mind that Hogwarts wasn't an average place. It wasn't even an average magic place.

"Let me guess. They can basically see through the kayak right? Or can they read minds?" She had a feeling it was both, but really it was just her imagination getting away from her.

The first year wouldn't argue with Cornish, she had met Belle, and as brief as it was, it's obvious she was a very good girl. She scrambled into the kayak and clung to both sides.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Cornish fully expected visitors in his office, miserable as it might be, but it was a pleasant surprise when they started showing up at his house. Caravan. Whatever. He pulled open the door with a pop, a sound that always reminded him that he lived in a giant tin can. Like breaking the seal on a tin of beans, only the bean was him.

"Yeah?" Cornish peered at the kid in the morning light, blurry after the darkness inside the caravan. "Uhhh. McCarthy, right? You lost?"
If this wasn't Cornish's office, Gunnar was completely unaware because, even though the groundskeeper hut was still on the grounds, so was this...thing. And he assumed that the hut would have been lived in, but in all honesty, he didn't give either much thought. And so, here he was, pleased to see the man on the other side of the door as it opened.

"Yes... I mean, no," he started, feeling almost as confused as Cornish looked. "Yes, I am McCarthy, but no, I'm not lost. I was looking for you, actually. And I found you, so I suppose I'm right where I'm supposed to be."

_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 05-26-2019, 01:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
Belle listen as the professor explained why the kayak wouldn't work. She needed to keep in mind that Hogwarts wasn't an average place. It wasn't even an average magic place.

"Let me guess. They can basically see through the kayak right? Or can they read minds?" She had a feeling it was both, but really it was just her imagination getting away from her.

The first year wouldn't argue with Cornish, she had met Belle, and as brief as it was, it's obvious she was a very good girl. She scrambled into the kayak and clung to both sides.
"I guess it's like reading minds. Not see through kayaks," Cornish shrugged. She just needed to take him at his word, since he wasn't sure he could explain in simple terms the minute sensibilities of the merpeople. She'd probably meet some of them during her time at Hogwarts and get to understand them better.

"I'm going to push you out into the water now. It'll wobble a little, but you won't tip over." He pushed the kayak gently out into the water before returning to grab his own.

Quote:
If this wasn't Cornish's office, Gunnar was completely unaware because, even though the groundskeeper hut was still on the grounds, so was this...thing. And he assumed that the hut would have been lived in, but in all honesty, he didn't give either much thought. And so, here he was, pleased to see the man on the other side of the door as it opened.

"Yes... I mean, no," he started, feeling almost as confused as Cornish looked. "Yes, I am McCarthy, but no, I'm not lost. I was looking for you, actually. And I found you, so I suppose I'm right where I'm supposed to be."
Cornish almost laughed at the boy's confusion. He hadn't been confusing on purpose, he supposed, but he didn't regret it. "Well, then, McCarthy. Why don't you have a seat here under the awning and we can have a warm drink? You drink tea? I have tea." It was fairly good tea, even if it was made on a camp stove in his caravan.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:

Cornish almost laughed at the boy's confusion. He hadn't been confusing on purpose, he supposed, but he didn't regret it. "Well, then, McCarthy. Why don't you have a seat here under the awning and we can have a warm drink? You drink tea? I have tea." It was fairly good tea, even if it was made on a camp stove in his caravan.
"Uh yeah, sure," he nodded, glancing toward the chair under the awning. "I like tea. With just a spot of milk please."

"Just wanted to talk to you for a few minutes, if you weren't too busy." Relevant things, he supposed. And he made his way to the chair and sat down.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:44 AM   #24 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8

Quote:
"Uh yeah, sure," he nodded, glancing toward the chair under the awning. "I like tea. With just a spot of milk please."

"Just wanted to talk to you for a few minutes, if you weren't too busy." Relevant things, he supposed. And he made his way to the chair and sat down.
Cornish dropped heavily into one of the chairs, propping a foot on Brenda, her tail wagging madly in appreciation. With a lazy wave of his wand, two jars of fruit juice danced out of the dark interior of the caravan. "Tea is the event, not the beverage, sadly. Or not sadly. Have you tried fresh pineapple juice?"

It was way better than tea. "So hit me with these topics."

Old 06-14-2019, 02:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection

x12 x5

Quote:
Cornish dropped heavily into one of the chairs, propping a foot on Brenda, her tail wagging madly in appreciation. With a lazy wave of his wand, two jars of fruit juice danced out of the dark interior of the caravan. "Tea is the event, not the beverage, sadly. Or not sadly. Have you tried fresh pineapple juice?"

It was way better than tea. "So hit me with these topics."
......but... hadn't he just said he had some tea? Gunnar furrowed his brow a bit, then shrugged as he watched the fruit juice on its journey out towards them. "Yeah, that would be fine. Thank you." The choice of beverage really didn't matter to him all that much anyway. It wasn't why he was here, after all.

Right... "Uh, well, since it's my fifth year and I'm taking OWLs and all that, I've been trying to think more about what direction I want to go in after school," he began. And he figures here was a good place as any to start. "I'd like to combine my interest in Herbology and magizoology, and I was thinking a little about animal nutrition. It might be a field I'd be interested in." And since he was the new creatures guy, perhaps he'd have some guidance or advice.