sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1067 users online including...

1 members
1066 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2016, 03:46 PM

Default Employee Break Room

The break room has recently been transformed into both a more practical and a more enjoyable space. Located down the main corridor, right between the conference room and the training room, and across the hall from the bathrooms, in here you'll find a good sized kitchen with anything you might need, including a large refrigerator and pantry, stocked with only the basics -you're expected to bring your own food and label it accordingly. There is a hot beverages station in the kitchen area, with excellent coffee (don't tell the other departments or they'll be here bugging us all the time), as well as tea and hot chocolate. The table seats eight, and there are comfortable and stylish couches gathered into a focus area for those who simply want to relax and perhaps enjoy some off-duty conversation.

But that isn't all, no, your department head has kindly provided employees with a pool table, a table tennis table, and a foosball table, all of which you may use providing you aren't actually supposed to be working.

The back corner of the break room has a smaller room, though that still is rather spacious. This room is a locker and changing room. All employees are entitled to claim a locker here, and when magical accidents occur on the job sometimes employees may need to change their clothes, so there are changing rooms for employee use too. And if you need to use those to change into fancy outfits after work, you're more than welcome to do so.

Employees who spend too much time in here however, without keeping up with their work, are liable to face disciplinary action. You are welcome to socialize with employees of other departments in here if you wish, but they MUST be accompanied by an A&C employee.
Quote:
OOC:
If YOU want to make use of this thread for RPing you are more than welcome to! A&C employees do not need to ask permission to RP here and are encouraged to socialize with one another. Your friends from other departments are welcome to take their breaks here too, only they should be accompanied by an A&C employee or otherwise have permission to be here.

However, please note that your charrie might get in trouble if they're seen hanging out in here all the time and not doing any actual work

As usual all Site Rules apply at all times.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Lyssa! ^_^
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Another cup of coffee was exactly what she needed before she and the rest of the team headed out to the site of another catastrophe. Humming to herself, Megan bustled about brewing a fresh pot. The aroma in the break room that was obviously caused by it made her mouth water. Really... coffee was life.

While waiting, she did a mental check of all her supplies. Megan was meticulous when it came to her supplies that were needed when they went into the field. As far as she had recalled, every item that had been used up at the previous scene had been replaced. Still... it wouldn't hurt for her to triple check.

Yes, she was that dedicated to her work.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 08-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Sea Serpent

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emeric Grant
Mysteries
Mommy of 3 <3 <3 <3

SPOILER!!: Megan <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Another cup of coffee was exactly what she needed before she and the rest of the team headed out to the site of another catastrophe. Humming to herself, Megan bustled about brewing a fresh pot. The aroma in the break room that was obviously caused by it made her mouth water. Really... coffee was life.

While waiting, she did a mental check of all her supplies. Megan was meticulous when it came to her supplies that were needed when they went into the field. As far as she had recalled, every item that had been used up at the previous scene had been replaced. Still... it wouldn't hurt for her to triple check.

Yes, she was that dedicated to her work.

Emeric felt a little out of his element ... who was he kidding ALOT out of it. First he was in a different department completely, the unspeakables didn't normal travel around the ministry, he was sure to stick out like a sore thumb, and second he was bringing a sandwich to a girl whom he was pretty sure he disliked. Emeric blushed at the thought a little, okay maybe she was alright, after all he was the one who dumped her in he fountain.

So carrying his white take out baggie with two sandwiches within and a cup of coffee he marched straight into the break room. He hoped she would be there and he wouldn't have to send for her. Merlin's beard that would be embarrassing. And that's when he noticed her. Megan was right there... whew... less searching on his part.

"Umm... Megan" Smooth Emeric ... real smooth. "I ... ahhh.... brought you that sandwich." He indicated showing her the bag of goodies.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Emeriiiic! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy-Boo View Post

Emeric felt a little out of his element ... who was he kidding ALOT out of it. First he was in a different department completely, the unspeakables didn't normal travel around the ministry, he was sure to stick out like a sore thumb, and second he was bringing a sandwich to a girl whom he was pretty sure he disliked. Emeric blushed at the thought a little, okay maybe she was alright, after all he was the one who dumped her in he fountain.

So carrying his white take out baggie with two sandwiches within and a cup of coffee he marched straight into the break room. He hoped she would be there and he wouldn't have to send for her. Merlin's beard that would be embarrassing. And that's when he noticed her. Megan was right there... whew... less searching on his part.

"Umm... Megan" Smooth Emeric ... real smooth. "I ... ahhh.... brought you that sandwich." He indicated showing her the bag of goodies.

Still waiting on the coffee but that was quite fine with Megan. While thinking of her field supplies, her eyes had absently trailed to her left hand where her engagement ring sat on one of the fingers. She grinned to herself and wiggled her fingers. It had been a few months since Yuna had proposed and she still couldn't believe that it had finally happened.

Her thoughts about memories for that wonderful day were interrupted when she turned towards the voice that had called her name. "YOU!'' Megan glared at Emeric. "Thank Merlin there's no fountain to push me into.'' Completely ignoring the fact that he had brought her a sandwich she was. Yes.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Sea Serpent

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emeric Grant
Mysteries
Mommy of 3 <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Still waiting on the coffee but that was quite fine with Megan. While thinking of her field supplies, her eyes had absently trailed to her left hand where her engagement ring sat on one of the fingers. She grinned to herself and wiggled her fingers. It had been a few months since Yuna had proposed and she still couldn't believe that it had finally happened.

Her thoughts about memories for that wonderful day were interrupted when she turned towards the voice that had called her name. "YOU!'' Megan glared at Emeric. "Thank Merlin there's no fountain to push me into.'' Completely ignoring the fact that he had brought her a sandwich she was. Yes.
Emeric blushed even more so than he had already. "How many times are you going to make me apologize for that." He asked rolling his eyes then. Geez, he brought the girl a sandwich as a peace offering and she had her claws up already. "There was no real permanent damage done." He added noticing that she was clearly no longer wet or at St. Mungo's with more serious injuries.

"After all, maybe I'll just eat both of these myself." He added pulling a turkey on wheat out of the bag. He wasn't sure which one she would like so he got ham and turkey, but after her sassy attitude he was just going to eat whatever the heck he wanted to. "It really is a wonder your co-workers can tolerate you after all." He added looking around to see if there were any co workers even in here to possibly back him up.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Emeric! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy-Boo View Post
Emeric blushed even more so than he had already. "How many times are you going to make me apologize for that." He asked rolling his eyes then. Geez, he brought the girl a sandwich as a peace offering and she had her claws up already. "There was no real permanent damage done." He added noticing that she was clearly no longer wet or at St. Mungo's with more serious injuries.

"After all, maybe I'll just eat both of these myself." He added pulling a turkey on wheat out of the bag. He wasn't sure which one she would like so he got ham and turkey, but after her sassy attitude he was just going to eat whatever the heck he wanted to. "It really is a wonder your co-workers can tolerate you after all." He added looking around to see if there were any co workers even in here to possibly back him up.

He liked to blush, didn't he?

"I didn't ask for an apology,'' the woman replied haughtily but then softened the glare she was giving him. Just a smidge but that was progress, right? What Emeric did say was true. There was no permanent damage and he had apologised lots of times. She chose not to tell him that though.

Ignoring the aroma of the coffee wafting around the room, Megan eyed the sandwich. It looked so delicious! Damn it! Why did food have to be one of her weaknesses? She pulled her sassiness back on. "Hang on. Do you think that you could bribe me into talking properly to you with food?'' But her tone had softened. That last comment earned him a loud snort. "Please. I'm perfectly friendly to them.'' It was only him she was rude to.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

The room you all take your breaks in is virtually untouched. Nothing is off. The game tables are as they've always been, the coffee maker even has a fresh brew.

What is off, however is the small room just beyond this one that contains employee lockers and changing rooms. Despite the protective charms that have been put in place to secure your possessions, it would appear someone has applied a great amount of physical force.

Whoever had been in here was in an obvious hurry but they didn't leave before planting a seemingly harmless statue in the form of a monkey with symbols in each hand.

The symbols clank at an eerie pace, punctuating the otherwise quiet atmosphere in a chilling manner that sends shivers up your spine. The eyes glow a deep shade of red but the colour comes and fades with each clank of the symbol. What could it be? Why was it here?
Old 11-01-2017, 12:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
The room you all take your breaks in is virtually untouched. Nothing is off. The game tables are as they've always been, the coffee maker even has a fresh brew.

What is off, however is the small room just beyond this one that contains employee lockers and changing rooms. Despite the protective charms that have been put in place to secure your possessions, it would appear someone has applied a great amount of physical force.

Whoever had been in here was in an obvious hurry but they didn't leave before planting a seemingly harmless statue in the form of a monkey with symbols in each hand.

The symbols clank at an eerie pace, punctuating the otherwise quiet atmosphere in a chilling manner that sends shivers up your spine. The eyes glow a deep shade of red but the colour comes and fades with each clank of the symbol. What could it be? Why was it here?

Megan was grumbling inaudibly about being to work late. It had been her own fault but of course she blamed the girlfriend as well. "Could have woken me up but no. Yuna says I look like an angel sleeping. Stupid electric alarm clock. Who told it to crank out in the middle of the night? Now if I had a regular old alarm clo-'' The blond stopped short having just fallen into a rather shocked silence.

What in the world?

The blond recovered long enough to utter some well chosen words that should not be repeated. The monkey with it's attention catching symbols and red glowing eyes did not scare her. Though the clanking certainly was haunting. She whipped out her wand. "Who's there? You'd better give yourself up rather than make me find you anyway.''

Was there anyone even there?

And she had better keep her eye on that monkey.Megan didn't trust it one bit.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

He'd only just gotten back into the Department after a morning out with a team of obliviators and there was already something off.

What was that noise and where was it coming from? Had one of his Spell Researchers come up with a new bell or whistling charm? Something cursed and loose? Had they gotten a new alarm system? Whatever it was, it wasn't staying, Merlin, not without a silencing charm on the door to the room. He didn't wanna have to KEEP hearing it.

Maddox moved about, following the sound until he came to the break room. That's when he heard the bone chilling clanking of symbols that sounded...oddly familiar. Catching the scent of his employee, the man moved forward into the room, entering the smaller one beyond the doo--

HiiiiiisssssSSSssSSssss

Quicker than he even had control of, the man had shrunk into the form of a black cat and had found himself right back at the door, hairs raised, canines bared, tail raised high. What was THAT doing here???????

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Cat Man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
He'd only just gotten back into the Department after a morning out with a team of obliviators and there was already something off.

What was that noise and where was it coming from? Had one of his Spell Researchers come up with a new bell or whistling charm? Something cursed and loose? Had they gotten a new alarm system? Whatever it was, it wasn't staying, Merlin, not without a silencing charm on the door to the room. He didn't wanna have to KEEP hearing it.

Maddox moved about, following the sound until he came to the break room. That's when he heard the bone chilling clanking of symbols that sounded...oddly familiar. Catching the scent of his employee, the man moved forward into the room, entering the smaller one beyond the doo--

HiiiiiisssssSSSssSSssss

Quicker than he even had control of, the man had shrunk into the form of a black cat and had found himself right back at the door, hairs raised, canines bared, tail raised high. What was THAT doing here???????

No one was there. Megan cast a few Revealing spells but they showed nothing. The sudden appearance of the familiar cat scared the daylights out of her. So much so that the blond literally jumped about a foot in the air. "Boss man!'' she shrieked in a loud whisper. "Don't do things like that!'' By 'things' she mean sneaking up on her.

Said boss man was definitely startled by the appearance of the unusual monkey too. "Do you know what this thing is?'' she demanded. "And don't say it's a monkey. I can clearly see that.'' Cautiously, she moved towards the... thing for a closer look.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

hdbfjsdbfusgflusgfur

Why as she trying to get CLOSER????

Forgetting for the moment his own reluctance at getting too close, the cat skidded to a halt before her, in an attempt to prevent any further movement on her part before stretching back into the shape of a man and taking SEVERAL STEPS BACK. A hand latched around hers as he did, trying to take her with him because touching it was just about the last thing anyone wanted to do.

"No no no no, leave it be." He took a moment to collect himself. All that excitement and adrenaline was enough to wear on anyone who was regrettably and permanently part feline.

"What is THAT, doing here??" He was aware he hadn't answered her question as yet but Merlin's soggy beard someone get it OUT before it started doing what it was known for doing. That's...that..." No really...what WAS it doing here? Who'd been in here? Surely none of his Curse Reversal Specialist would be so careless as it leave it here. "One of several dark relics thought lost after a team of Egyptian Researchers went digging where they were certainly not meant to." Which...no fault on them, it had been a particularly enticing expedition. Even he may have taken the chance. "Not something to be so carelessly thrown around. Did you see who left it here?" Because clearly someone would be needing a talking to and maybe further action.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Maddox!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
hdbfjsdbfusgflusgfur

Why as she trying to get CLOSER????

Forgetting for the moment his own reluctance at getting too close, the cat skidded to a halt before her, in an attempt to prevent any further movement on her part before stretching back into the shape of a man and taking SEVERAL STEPS BACK. A hand latched around hers as he did, trying to take her with him because touching it was just about the last thing anyone wanted to do.

"No no no no, leave it be." He took a moment to collect himself. All that excitement and adrenaline was enough to wear on anyone who was regrettably and permanently part feline.

"What is THAT, doing here??" He was aware he hadn't answered her question as yet but Merlin's soggy beard someone get it OUT before it started doing what it was known for doing. That's...that..." No really...what WAS it doing here? Who'd been in here? Surely none of his Curse Reversal Specialist would be so careless as it leave it here. "One of several dark relics thought lost after a team of Egyptian Researchers went digging where they were certainly not meant to." Which...no fault on them, it had been a particularly enticing expedition. Even he may have taken the chance. "Not something to be so carelessly thrown around. Did you see who left it here?" Because clearly someone would be needing a talking to and maybe further action.

Megan wasn't stupid. She wasn't going to touch the thing. She worked with too much dark magic to not be suspicious. She allowed herself to be pulled away, however, though somewhat reluctantly. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT THING??? She wanted to figure it out right then.

"I don't know,'' Megan replied, not even focusing on her boss. "It was just there when I came in and I didn't see anyone.'' Dark relic... that certainly sparked the blond's interest even more. "We just can't leave this here. What you got in mind, boss man?'' Of course she had her own ideas but since Maddox was here...

Old 09-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
Default Hey JUUUU *sings*
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

FI-NA-LLY.

A freaking BREAK.

Man, it was hard to get some stuff done around here sometimes. And to make it worse, the time always seemed to tick even slower when he wanted one of these breaks, which was always. He felt as if he'd been worked to the core with half the stuff he had to do.

Not to mention that looking this good was hard freaking work.

Maybe that's why he, Grayson Whitlock, looked so happy as he walked into the Break Room for his break. Happier than he did most of the time when he was working. He headed over to the kitchen area and grabbed himself a cup of coffee which, by the way, really was good. Well done on getting something right, Quiggles.

Lo and behold, was this room EMPTY?! Even better. Coffee in hand, he went and sat down on his favourite sofa and took this opportunity to relax as much as possible. This meant that he slouched back in his seat, his feet went up on the coffee table, and-

BUUUUUUUURP!

Well it was nice to get that out of his system.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default Akfnjfkds YAAS!
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
FI-NA-LLY.

A freaking BREAK.

Man, it was hard to get some stuff done around here sometimes. And to make it worse, the time always seemed to tick even slower when he wanted one of these breaks, which was always. He felt as if he'd been worked to the core with half the stuff he had to do.

Not to mention that looking this good was hard freaking work.

Maybe that's why he, Grayson Whitlock, looked so happy as he walked into the Break Room for his break. Happier than he did most of the time when he was working. He headed over to the kitchen area and grabbed himself a cup of coffee which, by the way, really was good. Well done on getting something right, Quiggles.

Lo and behold, was this room EMPTY?! Even better. Coffee in hand, he went and sat down on his favourite sofa and took this opportunity to relax as much as possible. This meant that he slouched back in his seat, his feet went up on the coffee table, and-

BUUUUUUUURP!

Well it was nice to get that out of his system.
Younger Derek would never ever take breaks from work, really. But older Derek had gotten over all of that workaholism lies and was happy to take a few minutes in the break room, drinking some coffee and waiting for time to pass without focusing heavily on whatever it was his job for the day.

That was why he didn't look as terribly awkward as he entered he break room and saw that there was someone else in there already, looking rather comfortable with his feet on the coffee table and all. Not that type of behaviour Derek would praise, but then again, Derek didn't really PRAISE anyone. Just like younger Derek, older Derek hardly even spoke to anyone, even if he knew them. Even if they worked in the same space pretty much all of the time.

He did, however, glance at his co-worker before going to make himself a cup of coffee. Grayson... The kid who was always messing up his lab and moving things and putting them in wrong places and LEAVING them there. Urgh. Derek knew he did it on purpose, which didn't help his view of his colleague at all.

Unamused, he was.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!
Old 09-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Grayson sat there, lounging as if it was anyone's business, and started drinking his coffee. He had limited time in here, didn't he? Might as well make full use of it just in case Quiggles came back and started questioning him. Or worse, if Meriwether saw him being-

OH FREAKING-

Grayson choked. Of all the people to walk into this break room and see him, it had to be this freaking weirdo. Quiggles he could handle but Meriwether was his own brand of weird and no amount of sweet talk would get him out of whatever crap this guy threw at him. Not to mention that he'd already see him, meaning that he couldn't just suddenly disappear and pretend that none of this was happening. And he knew, deep down, that he'd probably have to make some very awkward conversation with him.

Someone was testing him and he wasn't down for it.

Trying not to groan or roll his eyes or, you know, claim an injury and run out of there or whatever, Grayson sat up and tried to look as presentable as possible. And not like the guy who moved everything around just to mess with Meriwether for the lols. "'Sup, Meriwether. Funny seeing you here," Wasn't he married to the job? "Come, sit, let's have a chat." He even patted the seat next to him.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default Dani~ (Name!twin :3)

The best time to be in the breakroom was when there was absolutely no one else there? Why? Easy, he could sprraaaawwwlllll while he waited for his coffee to brew. Paws extended, tail swinging leisurely, yellow eyes closed and no judgement. The couch by the coffee machine wasn’t the comfiest but it was doing the job for the man, currently black cat.

Didn’t take very long for him to drift off into a nap, one that was so much more comfortable in this position than as a man inappropriately sprawled along the furniture.

He didn’t know why Airey pitched a fit when he’d turned into a cheetah, the feline life was marvellous and sooooooo cozy.

Someone wake him up when the coffee was done?

Nah. Never mind. Don’t wake him. This nap was heaven.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
Default Name twin <3 <3
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Bambi was having an absolutely splendid day. Ari was an angel this morning, Layla a saint when she helped her with breakfast, it was sunny outside despite it being London and her desk was so wonderfully organised she could cry from happiness. Of course, that little mess up earlier with the wizarding graveyard in Cumbria was a little... not fun, but it was all dealt with promptly and Bambi had apparated back into the ministry very ready for her second herbal tea of the day.

Humming a generic pop song under her breath, the blonde entered the break room and started going about her tea process when she noticed two things: 1. there was a coffee brewing, but no apparent person to which it belonged, and 2. there was... a cat. Just lying there.

What in the world? Bambi poked her head out of the door, into the corridor. "Did someone bring their cat into work today?" Honestly, people should have more control over their pets. Leaving it to nap in the break room is unsanitary! The hair could get in their food! What if someone had potions they kept here? Cat hair could mess them up severely!

... Plus, it would be terrible PR for the department should it get out that someone had a potion accident within the department of Accidents and Catastrophes. Goodness.

_____________I could still change the end
Old 12-06-2018, 12:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

If a cat could groan then he would've groaned....loudly. As it stood, the cat!man rolled over on the couch with a lazy stretch and a yawn that revealed pointy little canines. What was the fuss about? What had he missed? Was the ministry on fire? Merlin, it was too early, he didn't want to have to deal with that--nevermind it wasn't that early anymore.

Maddox took a moment to reorient himself.

Ah, Flemming Ackerly. Not only was his student now working for him but married too. It was like they'd collectively decided to make him feel old. So far, it was working.

With another lazy stretch, the man contorted back into form before slouching against the arm of the couch. "No one brought their cat. I'd know if they did. Rubbing up against everything to mark territory, knocking things over for the attention, taking the comfiest spots on the desks, no, no one's brought a cat in today."

He knew she meant him, of course he did. "Coffee?"

Old 12-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #19 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2

Nothing? Really? No one was going to 'fess up to bringing a cat in? .. Surely the cat couldn't have come from a different floor, that's absurd right? Bambi had enough time to sigh and turn back to frown at the cat before the cat CHANGED, AND- "PROFESSOR!"

Oh, wait, no. OOPS. Old habits.

"I... um. Sorry, Mr. Quigley, Maddox..... sir," help help this was awkward and Bambi did not deal with awkward well, she needed control over the situation, fast.

Side note: she dearly hoped he did not remember any homework she handed in. That Bambi was bad news, very lazy, very uninterested in opening books and referencing terms correctly, she's a much better version of herself now than she was at 17. She certainly did not get this job based on her Hogwarts scores or attitude, that's for sure.

"I drink tea, usually. It's a much healthier option," she said, indicating her reusable cup that reads "WELLNESS" in an in-your-face type of way, highlighted with baby hues of pink, blue and green. There, control regained. This is a comfortable spot for her. "I'm sorry for mistaking you for a pet sir," she added as an afterthought, freckles sticking out from under the red skin of her face. Also, sorry for calling him professor, but she was far too embarrassed by that to remark on it.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

An amused smirk played on his lips at the little professor slip up. It was understandable...and funny.

In the same vein, he did remember her as a student, her assignments, her class responses. It wasn't necessarily the smart ones that you remembered, but the ones that gave......interesting responses.

Lazily his eyes drifted to her tea cup. Wellness. Healthier than coffee, right. "Fair." To each their own on the health path. Him? He was going to die one day whether he wanted to or not. Freaked him out when he was younger but the longer he lived was the less the concept bothered him. "But what happens if you walk outside and one of those strange muggle car things crashes into you? What good's tea health then?"

He knew when that figurative Grim Reaper came knocking he'd have a warm mug of coffee and his comfiest cat basket close by.

"I wouldn't worry too much about the pet comment. My middle kid spent a solid year refusing to interact with me unless I was a cat." Dark times. Even he began thinking he was really a cat.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:20 AM   #21 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2

Goodness, Bambi could not remember the last time she'd been this embarrassed. She was an adult, with a wife and a child and a steady job and a savings account at Gringotts that had actual galleons in it and.. and.. a HOUSE. Her old Hogwarts professor and a little slip up of her own should not get her this flustered.

What were they talking about again?

Oh, right. "That's not a logical question, we don't know for sure what will happen at any point in our lives," she counted, all the while thinking that this reminded her of her old university professors, back in Athens. "Provided nothing out of the ordinary happens to us - a freak potions accident, a muggle car, a splinching incident - being healthy guarantees you'll feel better, stronger, day in and day out!" And it helps with mental health, digestion, clear skin and so many more vital things!!

She hadn't been expecting the comment and she let out a giggle. "Your child must be rather stubborn," she laughed, and poured the hot water into her cup, the smell of natural greens filling the break room. Ahh. "I don't know what I would do if Ariadne started ignoring me."

Old 12-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

"Hopping hippogriffs, Ackerly, I can't remember you being this literal. Whereeeee's your sense of wonder? Your imagination? That special part of every human being equipped to think of the most outlandish of worst case scenarios then roll with them without question?"

Was that a Gryffindor thing? Naaaah, everyone had it. Some just had it buried further down than others. He'd help her find hers if needed. Wasnn't that hard. Why did people think he liked staying in bed so much? Come up with enough scenarios and suddenly leaving the covers was near a death sentence. You never knew what could happen. It was best to just sleep through it all.

Speaking of sleep, another yawn escaped the man seconds before his hand lifted to scratch at his chin. The man's nose crinkled involuntarily as her tea filled his nostrils. Scent as sensitive as his, he could smell it ALL, even the minute things and he personally wasn't a fan.

Her comment on who he assumed was her own child (MERLIN HE WAS GETTING OLD) caught his attention. "That's easy, ignore back. They hate it. It'd work better if she had siblings but I bet you could still pull it off."

Old 01-05-2019, 09:27 PM   #23 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
Default can't believe it took me a YEAR to reply

Bambi didn't quite know how to respond to that. My sense of wonder about the worst case got destroyed when the worst case happened and I struggled to get through it for years? Sounded like a mood killer if you ask her, and she wasn't interested in dredging up her past, especially not in front of her boss. Good heavens, that would be the worst idea. "I'm sorry sir, guess I must have lost that at some point," is what she decided on in the air, blowing on her tea to cool it down enough to drink. Burnt tongues are even worst than spilling dark secrets to one's boss.

She noticed Maddox's yawn, and the slight crinkle of his nose, and immediately wondered if he was sensitive to smells. Surely he must be? Spending a considerable amount of time as a cat? From what she could remember of her studies, humans did certainly borrow some of their animagus form's characteristics. Her face was apologetic as he spoke again. And then it immediately changed to one of longing, then a firm poker face.

Ariadne was a blessing, and Bambi certainly counted her blessings. She wasn't sure Layla would... agree to more blessings. And that was that. "I suppose it must be different in every household then sir. If we both ignored her, she'd likely pick herself up and run along to the neighbours," Bambi smiled, though it did not quite reach her eyes. Sensitive subject there, Mr. Maddox Quigley. Sensitive subject.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #24 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default THAT'S OKAY *loves* <3

"Pity." He decided, finally summoning the jar of coffee and pouring himself some. "Not to worry, work in the ministry long enough and it'll come right back around." He'd been hopeful when he first arrived but in this place, something always seemed to go wrong. Sometimes, it didn't make sense for it to go wrong the way it did and he found himself wondering HOW?

By now, he didn't have to wonder and when he did, half the time it paled in comparison to what actually happened--outside the ministry as much as within.

That was the thing about the magical world. There were so many more possibilities that you could literally think up the wildest scenario and someone would tell you it'd already happened. If he was a gambling man, he'd take bets, but alas his wife would never let him.

Maddox listened, intrigued for the moment at her declaration households were different. They were, that was for sure, but what he found curious was why a parent would let a child just walk over to the neighbour's and live there. Last he checked, regardless of the household, the parent was in charge. Children shouldn't have been allowed to make such important decisions at such young ages because they were seldom logical and didn't know what was good for them. He may have asked, and in fact he had a couple things he could say but there was something about the way she said it...the way the smile didn't quite touch her eyes that made him decide to drop it altogether. "It wasn't so bad being a cat all that time. Comfier than half the time I'm a man, I'll tell you that." But that was more a result of the complications that came with his botched animagus training. Not that he'd go sharing that.

"Made a million friends here, yet?"