sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1203 users online including...
MadAlice , Stevendalo , Lentovskijiii , GabrielDub , Zoe , Ronaldbar , Jasoncit , Svetlgql

10 members
1193 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > Middle Era Diagon Alley

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-03-2017, 01:56 AM

Default The Playground

If it's troubling how close this playground is to the stairs into Knockturn Alley, let the charmed boundaries put your mind at ease. This tiny oasis can be found in a grassy lot that seems as if it has always been there. Did there used to be a shop here, or was it a fountain, or... hmm?

In addition to a self-propelled swing set and monkey bars with real (not real) monkeys, there's a fantastic miniature Hogwarts for climbing and sliding and general silliness. Behind the castle, there's a miniature carousal - unicorns and dragons and kelpies and other magical creatures chase each other in a neverending circle. This is the perfect place for tired parents and caregivers to settle with rambunctious kids who are too young for school. And if they wander too far, the charm will alert their caregiver of their wandering.

From here you can go back to the North end of the Street and visit some of the shops there, including Scribbulus Ever-Changing Inks which is right next door, you can take care of your money business at Gringotts, or keep walking past this corner and see what else the middle of the street has to offer.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #76 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default Stella is a cutie <3
A Poop * k8 *

Riiiiight. Beth WAS a snake with him. Whoops. He gave a wave to those on the ground with a flourish of his hand. "I'm not as cool as Chase thinks. But I AM the captain of the very prestigious dance club here at Hogwarts." He winked. He had been left the position by none other than Baylen Brown...the REAL coolest person ever. When Chase announced they were playing tag, the redhead DARTED in the opposite direction, swiftly moving towards a slide so he could wiggle down. Funnily enough, he was a bit too big for the slide so he didn't do MUCH sliding.

Literally, just...wiggling down like an oversized child.

Ahem.

Were both the girls it? Or just Beth? And he thought he vaguely remembered Chase mentioning Beth to him last term when he had that "I like three whole girls" dilemma. Something that Lucas still couldn't get over...because he was sixteen and had never even kissed a girl before. Or dated. Or anything of that sort. "So...uh...Ella, what house do you hope to be in???" he called out to ask her as he sweeeeerved and avoided both of the girls at all costs.

Also, did she know that Ella wasn't much of a nickname for the name Stella? It was the same amount of syllables! It took the same amount of effort to say!!!! He decided not to say anything lest she think it rude. But it was totally on his mind.
kayquilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:15 PM   #77 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
Default <3 you guys are all adorable :)
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

The ever dramatic Beth just w a t c h e d everyone’s faces for a good moment. She didn’t, of course, know that Chase thought he was a quiet heartthrob…he wasn’t because really – he was anything but quiet. Chase Spenley was as dramatic – even more dramatic than she was…and it wouldn’t have been a surprise to her if Beth had gotten a most likely to be a drama queen superlative in well – anything…because she was one.

w o w that’s a decent smirk there Spenley, did you get smirking lessons from the king of the smirk?” of course she was meaning Kowalski – he had after all been the master of the smirk. It was a title he would always deserve. ”of course I have to share it – it’s one of my best works…much better than calling Daniel Dusty” of course Chase would know his house mate yeah? Beth’s grin simply expanded at the comment about the nicknames – it was sweet really, he was just oh so fun to mess with.

Really, it was going to be a past time of hers one of these days. Her ears yearned to know what he was saying when he was busy whispering to Ella – maybe it was that rumor e v e r y o ne seemed to be talking about – the one of her crush on Yoon. She still didn’t believe it. ”Hufflepuff’s are rather nice – I’ve got a good mate that’s a second year with me – Octopus…well, her names Octavia but she’s the sweetest….oh and Reese is great too” she admitted with a grin, Reese really had always been one of those people she liked to pester it was just fun. ”some Gryffindors are okay – Salty’s one of them” Beth just smirked as she said that, after all that was likely the best compliment he would get from her today.

Truth be told Beth would have laughed if the school broke – but it likely wouldn’t…even the little model was probably just as strong as the real school. Strong and dangerous. ”yeah she did – she taught maths, really not my subject” she admitted with a groan. ”no matter where you go we’ll all support you…right?” she beamed because well, even if she had the personality and tendencies of a gnat at times Beth Greyvson did care about people…even when she didn’t say it.

When Chase mentioned rather loudly that she was the one he thought had a crush on him she just groaned…”yeah and I threw that line RIGHT back to you on the train, because well…y’know” he did rather like pestering her and that had given her the idea. A part of her wanted to bite that pointing finger…but she wasn’t going to do that just yet – who knew where that finger had been.

Wait what did Chase think? ”it was – and because I ended up showing up places near him…like on the train – I think he forgot I told him I was going to Hogwarts…if I told him that, I don’t remember I might have just mentioned salt a lot?” she shrugged and then grinned for a moment glanced over to Chase and Lucas. ”we have to find a fun nickname for Ella, y’know one that just sparkles with personality” because Ella had personality. That much Beth was sure of.

It was then, as she was considering nicknames that the tagging happened – wait…what? She was IT? No fair Salty. ”oh its oooooon” she called out as she dashed forward away from the swings and closer to Chase and Lucas in turn.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 08-24-2018, 12:57 AM   #78 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Stella looked between Chase and Beth, she could tell they were good friends or whatever and liked giving each other a hard time. She looked over at Chase. "Another nickname for someone?" she asked tilting her head curiously. Stella didn't havr much nicknames for people, but her brothers were buttheads pure buttheads, they were protective of her but they mainly buttheads. They were very protective when she was around boys, besides dating was far from her mind she was only eleven!

" Hey I got objections on Hufflepuffs my mum was one, and the sweetest and most loyal person I ever met!" she said smiling at the mention of her mum. " I swear my older brother isn't one, he's a butthead and annoying." she said rolling her eyes. " Well I'm a lion then it'll be alot better!" she said smiling at her.

Stella groaned. Ugh... math she hated that subject, one of her worse sibject. " I'm horrible at it, my older brother is a quiz at it when he's not a butthead. she said giggling. Stella smiled. " You got that right always." she said happily.

Stella looked over at Lucas. " I'm hoping for Gryffindor really, I always wanted to be a lion like my dad, but Hufflepuff wouldn't be bad either but all houses are great. " she said simply. "My dad always told me no matter what house I'm sorted in he'll be proud of me, and we all got a bit of all the houses in us." she said with a smile.

Stella nodded. She never really had a nickname before, that would be cool and fun. Her name did mean Star which was bit weird seeing how her name was Starson but her mum was s Astronomy nerd. "My name means Star but I'm not sure if anyone knows that or cares. " she said shrugging. Yeah...she was teased alot at her old muggle school for her name cause she was called Star Starson, but hey it was kind of cool as well.

Giggling she ran the opposite way of Beth trying to see if she could trap Lucas, but he was bigger then her so he could get away easier. Well... she could always tackle him, but a little pixie like her compared to his giant self might not be such a good idea.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #79 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
A very bright toothy baby smile broke across the little ginger haired boys face when Quinn turned around. Saros. That was him! Lifting his little hand that wasn't clasping an arm of his stuffie he wiggled his fingers at Quinn and the little girl who was with her. Giggling he tried reaching out to grab some of the glitter that was falling towards the ground.

"It's alright, he's not alone," Rylee smiled warmly seeing the brief moment of worry on her friends face. She might only be thirteen but she would never take her eyes off of her nephew while watching him. Babies got into everything! All she had to do was blink and Saros would be gone with how quickly he was starting to toddle around now.

"Tinker Bell for sure," Rylee giggled softly amusement clear in her shining blue eyes. Lexi had been right. That potion was AWESOME! "It's going alright." She had very little free time lately having chosen to work on several different over the summer. Not to mention babysitting Saros and some of the other kids near her home. "How's your summer?"
It put Quinn at ease hearing Rylee's voice as much as the words said. She'd seen Saros in action, how fast he could move, so the idea of him slipping away before anyone could stop it, wasn't that much of a stretch. Quinn was glad that wasn't the case.

"I have Ellie to thank for this," she said, laughing and gesturing to the glitter she was constantly shedding. Ellie was giggling loudly and trying to catch the glitter in her hands to throw it back up in the air again. Sadly the glitter was vanishing too fast for her to throw it, but she was a determined little 1 year old.

"It's good. I'm really good. Busy, with family, and learning Norwegian." Although half of that was her doing, finding every way to occupy any free moment so she wouldn't thinking about Reese too much. So far, it was a success.

Ellie fussed, grabbing at the air, this time not for glitter, but for Quinn, who scooped the girl up in her arms. Ellie immediately grabbed up handfuls of glitter and tossed them back in the air, now that they weren't vanishing as fast. "Oh, I see how it is. You just want me for my glitter!" Quinn teased, and attacked Ellie with tickles. Ellie's laugh was one of the greatest sounds in the world in Quinn's eyes.

"So what have you been up to?" She asked Rylee.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #80 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Quinn!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Rylee tried hard not to laugh and tell Quinn she already knew what happened to cause her to be covered in glitter for the next twenty-four hours. "Oh? Well I'd say Ellie has very good taste in fashion. I personally love all the glitter." There it was now, a hint of a smirk tugging at her lips. Everyone knew of her love of shiny things and glitter.

"That's great. Is Norwegian hard to learn?" While she may be able to speak a few languages Norwegian wasn't one of them. "You're going to owl me often, right? Tell me all about your new school?" Quinn had to. Now that they were friends once more and really getting along it she was sad that Quinn wouldn't be returning to Hogwarts.

Rylee laughed watching Ellie. "See I'm not the only one that likes glitter." Saros as well had managed to sit himself down at Quinn's feet and was making grabby hands at the falling glitter only to stare at his hands in amazement when the glitter would disappear.

"Same things I'm always doing. Working on my flower crowns, practicing violin, kinda training for Quidditch more lately, dancing and babysitting when I'm not helping Rian with her perfumes."

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:30 PM   #81 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Default Rylee
Fluttery Pegasi

"Yes," Quinn laughed, which caused Ellie to giggle as well. "My two favorite nifflers. You and Ellie." Both of them were way to drawn to sparkly and shiny things, but it was a trait of both of them that Quinn enjoyed. Even if she wouldn't say so out loud just yet.

Quinn hesitated, thinking how best to answer the question. "It's not easy. Especially without really having someone to practice speaking it with." Originally it would have been Reese she practiced with. "But, Beth's Great-Grandmother said she'd help me practice so, it should be easier going forward. And of course I'm going to owl you. All the time. Every week."

She grinned listening to Rylee's busy summer. Honestly, Quinn hadn't expected anything less. "You'll send me some flower crowns occasionally right? And how is your violin playing going?" Last time Quinn really heard Rylee play, she'd only just started really.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:23 AM   #82 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default *is super late -apologies!!*
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

"The best dance club," nodded Chase as he backed up his fearless Captain. Now he had two that were great friends- Lucas AND Anna. That was fantastic. "Do you guys like dancing?"

Chase smiled at her response. "It's a great house though all of them are pretty great. I've got friends in all four houses." It was pretty great. All of the houses had their pros and cons but Gryffindor was still the best in his opinion.

"I've been practicing my smirk," grinned Chase as he folded his arms, glancing down at the young Snake. At the mention of Kowlaski, Chase's smile died and was replaced with a complacent frown. His facial expression soon changed once more when GG mentioned Daniel, his housemate. He had suspicions regarding GG's intentions with Daniel. And he watched as the two girls mingled. Her comment about him being 'alright' earned an eyebrow raise from him.

Chase chuckled at Beth's happy comeback about throwing that fateful line right back at him. She had accused HIM of having a crush on her. As if. He rolled his eyes when she mentioned it, feeling kind of secretly awkward about it. Yeah.. Erm... He hadn't expected her to say that to him. "Yeah, it sort of kind of happened. I just rolled with it." He was pretty much very easy going.

Catching up to Lucas, Chase gave his mate a fist bump to his shoulder. "So when are dance rehearsals?" Chase was ready to try some moves.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:47 AM   #83 (permalink)
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Beth grinned over to Stella once more – seriously this girl was a firecracker. ”not really a nickname…but sort of – my old Prefect and quazi-lifecoach just was a brilliant smirker. It’s a shame he’s left us for the great beyond” merlin it sounded like he had died, ”he graduated.” she added to clarify before shrugging her shoulders.

Clearly if Stella was lion she was going to be a brilliant one. ”well, I’ll have to avoid your brother then…if he’s still here that is” Beth nodded because who wanted to deal with dunderheads? ”I was set on slytherin but I mean, I write messages on the lake-window to the fish sometimes” she admitted the quirk with a little shrug of her shoulder.

”oooooh – can I give you an astronomical nickname then? Its kind of my thing…nicknames, I give them to special people and you – so far seem special and little a little firecracker.” there, that might have been it. Firecracker – because she was one so far. Chase got a look at the dance club comment yes yes yes! I love dancing…one of my d r e a m s is to be a performer…like music and dancing and everything!” she was practically bouncing and had almost forgotten the tagging earlier. Almost.

That eyeroll of his got an eyeroll right back. ”right – seeeee that’s how I felt when you did the same thing…” still she was nearly there – nearly. ”can I join?” she asked her grey eyes wide with excitement. LET ME JOIN PLEASE? ”if…if anything I could possibly try and get my cousin’s husband to help with music! He owns and runs Invictus records – I could possibly get you live music to perform to.” she was beyond excited.

MUSIC AND DANCING?

Right. Tag.

She had to tag – instead of really tagging for dance club membership reasons Beth had flung her arms out and thrust herself forward to hug the salty one. ”seriously, I’d consider calling you your actual name if you let me join?” she was beam-smiling at him.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________
Old 08-27-2018, 07:32 PM   #84 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Quinn!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Rylee giggled. "Well I must say that I'm rather proud of being called a niffler." Her attraction to shiny glittery things had always been present even when she was very very tiny. There was just something about the way the light hit something shiny and made the colors dance even more brightly. It was mesmerizing.

Learning a new language wasn't easy. She had tried. Welsh and Irish she had grew up speaking so she had no trouble with that but when she had tried to learn French on her own she hadn't done very well at all. "It's good that she's going to help you when she can." Rylee smiled brightly. "Every week." It was a deal.

Keeping busy was the easiest way to keep one's thoughts in check. As long as she was constantly doing something there was no time to think about her fears. "Of course I will! You need different colors and styles now so you can wear them anytime you like." No one could ever have to many flower crowns. "Good! I've been able to practice a lot more now that I'm at home and really able to sit down and have Silas help me." In other words she was now able to play more than just two or three notes.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:19 PM   #85 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default For Amy and her ickle!
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Dawn had been set free on that playground by her mother who was who-knew-where now. Dawn didn't care, to be honest, and had already made a beeline towards the swings because they looked FUN and she wanted to go as HIGH AS SHE COULD AND BE THE BOSS OF THE WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE from up there.

The 4 year-old ran until she reached one of the free ones. She knew she didn't have to have run, because all the swings were currently empty but she also had a lot of energy within her at the moment, so she felt like running.

As soon as she sat on the swing, she got ready to start swinging herself when the thing started off ON ITS OWN, kind of blowing her mind. "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" The little girl exclaimed, swinging her feet back and forth anyway, although the swing was moving on its own accord.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!
Hey Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:31 AM   #86 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Dawn had been set free on that playground by her mother who was who-knew-where now. Dawn didn't care, to be honest, and had already made a beeline towards the swings because they looked FUN and she wanted to go as HIGH AS SHE COULD AND BE THE BOSS OF THE WHOLE ENTIRE UNIVERSE from up there.

The 4 year-old ran until she reached one of the free ones. She knew she didn't have to have run, because all the swings were currently empty but she also had a lot of energy within her at the moment, so she felt like running.

As soon as she sat on the swing, she got ready to start swinging herself when the thing started off ON ITS OWN, kind of blowing her mind. "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" The little girl exclaimed, swinging her feet back and forth anyway, although the swing was moving on its own accord.
Blake was tuggggging on his mum's hand with full force. Could she not move any faster?

THAT PLAYGROUND WASN'T GOING TO PLAY ITSELF!

Once he was close enough, he dropped his mum's hand and ran full speed to the mini castle and immediately climbed up it. Did she how fast he was?! HE WAS SO SPEEDY!

Once he reached the top, he looked around proudly. He was KING of the CASTLE!

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #87 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Blake was tuggggging on his mum's hand with full force. Could she not move any faster?

THAT PLAYGROUND WASN'T GOING TO PLAY ITSELF!

Once he was close enough, he dropped his mum's hand and ran full speed to the mini castle and immediately climbed up it. Did she how fast he was?! HE WAS SO SPEEDY!

Once he reached the top, he looked around proudly. He was KING of the CASTLE!
"HIGHER!! GO HIGHER!!!" Little Dawn told the swing she was sitting on as the thing was going waaaaay too low for her liking.

She kept swinging her small body back and forth and kicking her legs to try and get it to go both higher and faster, but it w wasn't quite working as she planned.

And there was a boy over there. Up there now. The small brunette looked at him. "HEY, YOU! COME PUSH ME!" She called out to him, still kicking her legs all over the place and failing to swing any higher.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!
Hey Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:09 AM   #88 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
"HIGHER!! GO HIGHER!!!" Little Dawn told the swing she was sitting on as the thing was going waaaaay too low for her liking.

She kept swinging her small body back and forth and kicking her legs to try and get it to go both higher and faster, but it w wasn't quite working as she planned.

And there was a boy over there. Up there now. The small brunette looked at him. "HEY, YOU! COME PUSH ME!" She called out to him, still kicking her legs all over the place and failing to swing any higher.
Blake looked over when some other kid started yelling. Was he "hey you?" He looked around then pointed to himself. "I'm Blake. Not 'you'."

He then frowned. "But I'm playing in the castle." Couldn't she see that?

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
LilFox06 is offline   Reply With Quote