sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1374 users online including...
PhoenixRising , astrocat , uralldmex , FlixexNit , Stevendalo , Evaxic , Svetlufy , Michailcgn

9 members
1365 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era

Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-09-2019, 11:57 PM

Default Office of the Department Head, Eliora Dodderidge

On the wall to the right of the door is a purple box labelled ‘Compliments!’ where Eliora Dodderidge hopes you will leave nice messages about your colleagues that she can share with them in department meetings. Of course, should you use this box for anything other than this, there will be consequences.

Once you’ve knocked and been invited inside of the Department Head’s Office, take a seat on one of the grey seats on the peasants opposite side of the desk or on the window seat available. Keep your hands to yourself or risk losing your fingers. The desk is tidy and organised, much like the rest of the office. Things are in their proper place and there is little clutter besides the coffee cups that are usual for anywhere Eliora is. There are probably ten more in there than you can see and count. If you were to comment on it, though, there would probably be a hot cup of coffee poured over your head.

The shelves on the back wall are minimalistic, just a few vases, ornaments and framed photos of her children Briar and Levi. The drawers at the bottom of the unit contain the important documents one should have in an office, the employee files and Eliora’s favourite issues of gossip magazines. Some days, Eliora will have one of her two children with her in the office as they are homeschooled and annoying. You'll notice that behind the window seat is, naturally, a window. Eliora dislikes feeling cooped up and has charmed the wall to feature a window that changes between her favourite landscape and season of the hour. It will almost never be the same. She's as fickle with her landscapes as she is her men.

Take a cup of coffee from the coffee machine in the office (courtesy of a close friend) as you come in, plus one for Ms. Dodderidge. Common courtesy.

OOC:
Anyone is welcome to have their character stop by and knock on the door, assuming they have come through the reception area if they are from outside of the department. If your character does have any compliments that they would like to submit, feel free to PM me them. The wackier, the better.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

James refrained from reacting to the man’s words, even though they were ENTIRELY ridiculous. Even more ridiculous? The way the Minister suggested ‘diamonds’. James didn’t have enough MONEY for diamonds! All of his coins were spent on a DATE. A date which was evidently no longer happening as they were evidently ?? breaking ?? up??

………….. James hated every part of this. Was Charles’ presence TRULY necessary here? Didn’t the man see that he was simply making matters WORSE?! Talking about smitten this and range of emotions that. If James wasn’t a grown man, he would have thrown an entire fit over it. This was ridiculous. He did not need the Minister for Magic to fix his relationship!!!! He could do it on his own! … Maybe.

Or maybe not because this was not going all that well for him at the moment.

Speaking of things that were not going well for him: eye contact. ”Just friends?” he repeated. He did not want to be soft, dammit, but he was. He was very soft. ”…. Is that all this is to you?” With his own eyes, he pleaded for Eliora to look at him. He needed to know. Needed. To. Know. ”That’s dragon dung, E. You know that.”

Which also meant that the question Charles had posed was entirely ignored. Was Charles still here? Because James had forgotten. There were far more important concerns.

You are Lemon!
Old 12-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #27 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

This...was going to take a while.

Perhaps Charles should send out for refreshments. A nice warm cup of tea, perhaps hot chocolate, went quite well with deep heart to heart conversations and balanced out those salty tears of sorrow and regret.

Now, Charles was no marriage counselor...but he was a father of four with five grandchildren and he could identify a skinny love when he saw it and these two had their picture beside the term in the dictionary.

E. That was positively ADORABLE and Charles felt a very real urge to pinch the man's cheeks for displaying the softie that the Minister knew was in there all along. "There. you hear that, Eliora? James here would very much like to take you out on a proper date and see where things go from there," he beamed while gesturing between the two of them. Presumptuous? Of course. But someone had to help these two out since clearly there were miscommunication and misunderstandings abound - not to mention a sense of secrecy that was very palatable in the air between the two of them. "I'll even babysit for you, Eliora. Let Grandpa Charles take the kids for an evening. We can plan it so that it's also on a night I have my grandchildren over so they have more playmates."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 12-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

There was puke brewing in her stomach. She could feel it. The guilty churn, the burn, the clammy hands... Could they hear how hard her heart was beating? Either of them? Anyone? The whole ministry? Was.. was she having a heart attack? Was she not going to survive this conversation? That's what it felt like. Too much coffee in her life? It had finally been the end of her. Goodbye cruel unloved life. Goodbye kids. Goodbye coffee.

James' eyes were burning into her forehead and she knew it was him because he was the only person that could make her feel uncomfortable when he continued to look at her. And she felt uncomfortable. Why was this happening in her office? In her safe space? UGH UGH UGH. Eliora looked up finally, sparing James just a miniscule of a second of eye contact before grabbing for a nearby coffee and downing the entire mug.

SHE WAS STRONG.

SHE WAS INDEPENDENT.

SHE COULD TELL A MAN HOW SHE FELT WITHOUT CRYING.

"I love you, James. Okay? Well -- I don't love you love you. Not like I want you to get on your knee right now because I don't think your limbs would let you get back up again, but I have a lot of feelings and you're not just my friend and I don't want to just be friends so if that's all you want then you should leave right now and I'll just go speed dating for the rest of my lonely existence." Yikes. Coffee really made her words spew out, didn't it? "I don't want to sneak you in and out of my house and pretend that my kids have no idea what's happening. Because they do. And I want to find your socks in my tumble dryer without their pair and I want to yell at you for leaving the seat up without it being a secret." And she also wanted the ground to swallow her up.

Which was why when her offered his babysitting services, Eliora sank into her chair and pulled her blonde hair over her face. "I don't think your grandchildren want to spend time with a 19 year old, Charles. But.. thank you."

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Old 12-20-2019, 04:58 AM   #29 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

There was no need for hot chocolate and furthermore, if Charles Hollingberry so much as even grazed a finger along James’ cheek, the former Department Head would surely detonate. Why was the Minister ??? still ??? talking??? Could the man not take a hint?? He was not needed in here, dammit! James Draper was trying VERY hard not to pay any attention to him, and yet there was a very particular vein threatening to pop out of James' forehead. That and the twitchy lip was back in action.

It was funny what was taking place within this office. Charles Hollingberry, Minister for Magic, addressing James Draper and Eliora Dodderidge. Eliora Dodderidge who was avoiding eye contact with both men and James Draper who had his entire body turned away from the Minister as if not seeing the man meant that the man was not there in the first place. And yet no one seemed to be enjoying themselves more than Charles. In fact, James was the opposite of enjoying himself.

...... James never begged and yet here he was, silently pleading that Eliora looked up at him. Until she did. Even if only for a moment. That second is all he needed, however, because that second said many things.

And then, not even a minute later, so did she.

James stood almost dumbfounded. If he wasn’t so aware of his own physical presence in the room, he might’ve let his jaw drop (but he didn’t). Instead, he stood there very much composed, though a small smile did start to play at his lips. Like a pepperup potion, E’s words did their magic almost immediately. His busted ego repaired itself as she spoke. His swagger returned (hallelujah)!

“You love me, huh?” He was going for a smirk, but in reality he was still very much wearing an eager, primary-school smile. Remember when he was mad? Because he wasn’t anymore. He was in love.

You are Lemon!
Old 12-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #30 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5
Default she wasn't going to wait xo
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Through the hair Eliora had pulled over her face, she could see that smile plastering itself across James' face and it stupidly warmed her from the inside out. He was so stupid. She was so stupid. This was all so stupid. There was no way that it was happening, either. Right? Her heart was still pounding as she let go of her hair and looked properly at him and only him because she had very much so forgotten that her boss was in the room and that he was probably going to start talking any second now and ruin the moment, but she wasn't going to let him ruin it. Because the only person capable of ruining this was probably going to be her.

Or James, honestly.

But probably her.

She mimicked his smile, twisting slightly in her chair. "Only if you say it back. Say it back first. Otherwise I'm taking your memories and kicking you out of this building myself." And then suddenly she felt nervous all over again. He just needed to say it back and things were okay, but what if he didn't? What if he was about to laugh at her for having these stupid feelings?

"Please say it back?"

Old 12-26-2019, 09:11 PM   #31 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

There was a time and place for everything and right now Charles was conscious enough to know that it was NOT the time nor the place for him to say a damn thing. Though he did wish that he had a handful of yogurt covered raisins or perhaps some popcorn with him - it was like one of his favorite Lifetime movies was playing out right before his eyes. He knew these facial expressions the two wore and he was QUITE pleased with himself that his timing had been impeccable. Imagine if he had NOT just-so-happened to be stopping by to speak with Eliora! Why, these two would have parted on terrible terms instead of unfurl like a spring time blossom.

So, go on now James, my boy. Tell her that you love her too - especially in light of her threat because he would really rather not place sanctions on one of his department heads.

Quiet but with a TWINKLE in his eyes that was almost blinding, he observed. And would come back to this nonsense about Eliora's daughter being 19 because WHEN had that happened and why had he thought her much younger? Embarrassing, truly. He needed to return the birthday gift he had purchased.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 01-03-2020, 12:10 AM   #32 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

As far as he was concerned, there were only two people in this office. He certainly hadn’t forgotten that Charles was still around, but it didn’t seem to matter anymore because the Minister was temporarily irrelevant. It was nice to see Eliora smile. He loved her smile. Would never admit as much, but he did. His own smile growing as she gave him an ultimatum.

He needed a moment or two to marinate in this moment. It was a good one.

So he took that moment or two, though his smile never faltered. James Draper did not want to say those four words, not here. He didn’t like looking soft. He didn’t want to give Charles the satisfaction. He didn’t want to admit weakness. Unfortunately, however, Eliora’s ’please’ just about destroyed any chance of not looking like an utter fool. And as such, James took a few steps towards her chair.

Still smiling (uncharacteristically and like a fool, probably), he traced her jawline with his thumb. His voice was lowered, but his words were difficult to miss.

”I love you too.”

You are Lemon!
Old 01-05-2020, 08:59 PM   #33 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

You know what Eliora did not love about James Draper? His ability to take his time in giving her what she wanted. It was an agonising wait.. one two three four or five seconds. Any of them was too long. She hoped it would be worth the wait, but oh how she wanted to hex him while she was waiting. It was embarrassing to sit here pleading for someone to love her back. All she wanted was just once for someone to feel the same about her as how she did them. Unless it was hate. Then she didn't care.

BUT SHE CARED RIGHT NOW.

And she had this strange urge to excuse herself to the bathroom so she could just run away from it all and get out of here as quickly as possible and pack up her whole house and move continents so no one would find her. Because rejection was not something she was going to STAY HERE AND TAKE AND CRY OVER. She would relocate and cry there.

Luckily-- like, really luckily, her heart was all a-flutter when James came closer and even more so as she leaned gently into his hand. Say it, say it, say it. JUST SAY IT BACK, JAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there it was.

And wow wow wow was it worth it.

Eliora was not one of those people that encouraged PDA, but she also wasn't one of those people that dated in public or wanted people to know what was happening in her life. BUT WHO CARED WHEN JAMES DRAPER LOVED HER BACK AND THIS WAS OBVIOUSLY THE START OF THEIR OFFICIAL RELATIONSHIP?! Leaping up, she latched herself to him with both arms and legs around him and her head nestled between his shoulder and neck. Right where it belonged. So no one saw her breathe a sigh of relief. And no one saw her wipe her tears away onto his clothes. "So... you want to see my wedding mood board now?"

Old 05-03-2020, 04:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

Eliora had swiftly exited her house that morning as soon as her morning routine had been completed in full. The children were terrifying (but fed and off to school and university) and the boyfriend had gotten a kiss on the cheek and wished a good day at work. Her levels of patience and social connectivity were in different realms to those required in settling young adult woes, teenage angst and breakfast in public with a handsome man. Once toast had been consumed, after school and university activities confirmed on the family calendar, she had escaped to work and to her office. It was the safest place for now and she had a meeting scheduled with a couple of colleagues for later that day where a plan of action could be figured out.

The most recent addition to that meeting agenda would be a coffee machine that was easier to work in her office, as within a few minutes of arriving today... there had been an accident. The machine had clearly reached the peak of it's capabilities and exploded across the floor of her office.

With a swish of her longline jacket, Eliora left her office in search of caffeine.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Default *pretends I posted here ages ago* :D
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Even though he had been working for the British Ministry of Magic for a number of years now, Dante couldn't remember the last time he had been in the department head's office ... or if he had ever gone inside it to begin with. True to his nature, he mainly kept to his desk or was out in the field taking care of his memory-wiping assignments. It was something he was quite used to, his current position something he had been satisfied with over the last few years. That was until the old Zabini ways kicked in; settling was not an option in a world of opportunity and advancement.

The Frenchman paused for a moment once he was standing a short distance away from the office door. Though he always made it a point to look prim and proper, he was even more intentional about it today. A hand adjusted his tie ever so slightly to make it perfectly straight, and then he made sure there weren't any wrinkles in his suit jacket.

Satisfied, he stepped closer to the door and knocked on it with his left hand three times. After making his presence known, Dante took a few steps back to await an invitation to enter the office.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:22 PM   #36 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Even though he had been working for the British Ministry of Magic for a number of years now, Dante couldn't remember the last time he had been in the department head's office ... or if he had ever gone inside it to begin with. True to his nature, he mainly kept to his desk or was out in the field taking care of his memory-wiping assignments. It was something he was quite used to, his current position something he had been satisfied with over the last few years. That was until the old Zabini ways kicked in; settling was not an option in a world of opportunity and advancement.

The Frenchman paused for a moment once he was standing a short distance away from the office door. Though he always made it a point to look prim and proper, he was even more intentional about it today. A hand adjusted his tie ever so slightly to make it perfectly straight, and then he made sure there weren't any wrinkles in his suit jacket.

Satisfied, he stepped closer to the door and knocked on it with his left hand three times. After making his presence known, Dante took a few steps back to await an invitation to enter the office.
Checking the watch on her wrist, she was confronted with that it wasn't the time for her scheduled meeting. Which meant it was either a problem or a social call. Neither of which she wanted to deal with. And even worse... if it was James. With a wave of her hand, the door opened to reveal her sat at her desk and she managed a smile.

Dante never gave her too much trouble. And he wasn't the type to stop by her office for a social call and he usually handled problems by himself or with another colleague. So, hopefully, she could get this whole thing over and done with quickly. "Come in, Dante. You're lucky I just got myself a coffee. Your empty hands are disappointing."

Old 09-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #37 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

He was quite pleased to see the door swing open, revealing his department head on the other side. The man always did appreciate her not wasting time on the job in addition to her organisation skills. Needless to say, those were traits he found in himself, so he never had any qualms with her. It certainly made the job easier.

A bit of a grin played on his lips at the mention of his empty hands. "My apologies, Eliora," he replied smoothly as he stepped inside the office and closed the door. "Rain check on that." After working with the woman for years, he knew that her not having a coffee in her hand was not a good sign. Luck appeared to be on his side today, thankfully. The Frenchman hoped that his luck would continue and wasn't short-lived.

Dante did make a mental note to buy a coffee for his boss in the near future, though he supposed that really depended on how well the conversation they were about to have went. Welcoming himself to a seat, he got right to the purpose of him knocking on the office door. "Please pardon me for the lack of further formalities today, but I know we've both got our own jobs to get to so I will just get straight to the point. As you know, I have been here with the British Ministry for a handful of years, the latter of which have been as a Senior Obliviator. At this time I am interested in making a transition into a leadership role, if you find it appropriate."

Last edited by Zoe; 09-20-2020 at 04:52 PM.