sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1102 users online including...

1 members
1101 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Toppings Bar

Equally as important as the ice cream flavour one chooses is the toppings that one puts upon it. A good topping or two can make or break a personal sundae, so once you've picked your flavour, the toppings bar is the next logical stop on the road to ice cream nirvana! The setup is rather impressive and can seem intimidating at first, but don't fret. This magical machine is easy enough to operate, given a moment and some patience.

A series of medium-sized glass tubes containing any topping one could dream of (and some nobody would dare to) hover precariously over a long, shiny tray that is inset into the countertop. At any given time this tray can be found with any myriad of missed toppings mixed together inside of it; the more adventurous customers sometimes choose to pick up the small scooper that can be found at its edge and scoop their toppings from those that did not land on someone else's ice cream.

If you'd prefer to make your own choices, however, merely say your decided-upon topping or toppings to the machine, and it will release a small amount of it into the corkscrew spun glass chutes. Watch carefully and make sure to position your ice cream in the right place, because all of the chutes merge together into one to drop your tasting ice cream additives onto your bowl or cone.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #51 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
She noticed the slight color to his cheeks, but decided not to draw attention and try to fluster him any further. She smiled at him instead and gave a slight chuckle.

Three siblings for him? Another big family! "Oh my! That's also a lot! Are any of your siblings school age as well?" She definitely envied his position as the oldest child. Kimmie always felt that as the youngest of four girls she was just kind of... There. A lot of the time she felt like the forgotten youngest child, even though Lucas was after her as well. Lucas at least got to be the first boy which gave him a special place in the family. Not that she needed to bore anyone with her middle child complex.

He'd met a lot of nice people? Well, that was most definitely encouraging. "That's good! It makes it easier if you've gotten a chance to know some nice familiar faces." And he even already had an idea on what house! "I hope that's the one you get then!" Her? "I am pretty excited. My oldest two sisters graduated from Hogwarts and it's where my parents met. It'll be nice to see their old stomping grounds." She wasn't sure on what house she'd end up though. Maybe Hufflepuff, as that's where Dad, Regina and Naia had all been placed.
He was grateful that she didn’t tease him about his blush. Ahem- right she had asked a question. Focus on that. Ignore the warmth growing from your cheeks. Yep. He shook his head. “Unfortunately not Wizarding school ready just yet. Evan will be ready next year if he gets his letter. Fingers crossed, ” he said and literally crossed his fingers just in case he had just jinxed it. “I haven’t been able to share much about school with them. My siblings just think I go to boarding school. Mum and Dad were quite shocked when I got my letter. They’re muggles.” Hence, why he could never talk about his schooling at family gatherings. His parents had developed a fantastical backstory for him indeed- he had been eleven when he had tested for an extraordinary boarding school that offered a full paying scholarship to tote. They even had gotten him a tailored uniform from that school to just take school photos. His parents were very committed to the charade. He supposed that they were just doing that to protect him. “Are you the youngest child?” Hopefully no intimidating older brothers who would hear about his “flirting” and demand payment for his behavior. Yep. Hopefully not. He crossed his fingers again.

Her parents had met at Hogwarts. Wow. That’s so cool. He’d have to tell his parents that for sure when he returned home for dinner today. “So they were school sweethearts. That’s nice,” he said with a smile. It was very different from how his own parents. They didn’t meet in school – they knew each other from school and didn’t get along during their schooling years. This was driven by a series of misunderstandings caused by two of their friends who were playing matchmaker. Then they ended up working for the same company and became good friends. His smile grew when she mentioned Hufflepuff. “Fantastic! Maybe we’ll be house mates. That’d be terrific!
Old 04-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #52 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
He was grateful that she didn’t tease him about his blush. Ahem- right she had asked a question. Focus on that. Ignore the warmth growing from your cheeks. Yep. He shook his head. “Unfortunately not Wizarding school ready just yet. Evan will be ready next year if he gets his letter. Fingers crossed, ” he said and literally crossed his fingers just in case he had just jinxed it. “I haven’t been able to share much about school with them. My siblings just think I go to boarding school. Mum and Dad were quite shocked when I got my letter. They’re muggles.” Hence, why he could never talk about his schooling at family gatherings. His parents had developed a fantastical backstory for him indeed- he had been eleven when he had tested for an extraordinary boarding school that offered a full paying scholarship to tote. They even had gotten him a tailored uniform from that school to just take school photos. His parents were very committed to the charade. He supposed that they were just doing that to protect him. “Are you the youngest child?” Hopefully no intimidating older brothers who would hear about his “flirting” and demand payment for his behavior. Yep. Hopefully not. He crossed his fingers again.

Her parents had met at Hogwarts. Wow. That’s so cool. He’d have to tell his parents that for sure when he returned home for dinner today. “So they were school sweethearts. That’s nice,” he said with a smile. It was very different from how his own parents. They didn’t meet in school – they knew each other from school and didn’t get along during their schooling years. This was driven by a series of misunderstandings caused by two of their friends who were playing matchmaker. Then they ended up working for the same company and became good friends. His smile grew when she mentioned Hufflepuff. “Fantastic! Maybe we’ll be house mates. That’d be terrific!
Kimmie nearly face palmed when he began talking about his family, realizing her mistake in assuming all his family was magical like hers. "Is it hard not really being able to talk about school with the rest of your family?" Kim saw how he literally crossed his fingers for his brother to receive a letter from school, so she raised her own and did the same in solidarity. "well, I'll be hoping for you all as well!" Was she the youngest? "Almost. My three sisters are older than me but my brother is the baby of the family." Which she did love to tease him regarding.

She smiled softly at his remark regarding her parents school sweetheart status and nodded. "Yeah. They were really good friends and then started dating like their seventh year. They did break up for awhile after graduation but they found each other again." Hence her now being here. Her smile grew larger as he mentioned potentially being housemates and K nodded, "That would be really nice! Hopefully so!"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 04-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #53 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Kimmie nearly face palmed when he began talking about his family, realizing her mistake in assuming all his family was magical like hers. "Is it hard not really being able to talk about school with the rest of your family?" Kim saw how he literally crossed his fingers for his brother to receive a letter from school, so she raised her own and did the same in solidarity. "well, I'll be hoping for you all as well!" Was she the youngest? "Almost. My three sisters are older than me but my brother is the baby of the family." Which she did love to tease him regarding.

She smiled softly at his remark regarding her parents school sweetheart status and nodded. "Yeah. They were really good friends and then started dating like their seventh year. They did break up for awhile after graduation but they found each other again." Hence her now being here. Her smile grew larger as he mentioned potentially being housemates and K nodded, "That would be really nice! Hopefully so!"
Noah paused, thinking through his answer to his question. Was it difficult? It was true that it had been at first but he had grown accustomed to it. “It was difficult at first especially talking with Evan. He’s the closest in age to me yet still we have an age gap of five years- fortunately my two little sisters were too young to understand or ask questions when I started going to school.” He took a spoonful of ice cream. Ooh boba was a good call. “I think it will be tough now starting at a new school and not being able to talk about it…” Noah shrugged his shoulders. It was something that he had grown accustomed too – he supposed.

He offered Kimmie another small smile when she also crossed her fingers. That was really sweet. Ah – so she was the youngest daughter but the middle child. “So that makes you both the youngest daughter and the middle child… I see…” he said, chuckling when she mentioned that her brother was the baby of the family. “Is he thoroughly spoiled? My youngest sister is 100% spoiled.” She was always able to get whatever she wanted and she knew it. She also knew that she was adorable and played that up. She would just bat her eyelids at their parents and get away with an extra serving of ice cream at dinner. She would be dangerous when she became older.

Broke up but then found each other again. Hence, Kimmie’s existence. Yes. He watched as her smile grew larger out of excitement of having a potential housemate. YAY! Noah was starting to feel really excited about this new school. “Fantastic. Even if we don’t end up in the same house, I think we should still hang out.” He could see himself being friends with Kimmie for sure. “By the way, boba was the right choice.” Nod. Nod. He took another spoonful of his ice cream.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:32 PM   #54 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
Noah paused, thinking through his answer to his question. Was it difficult? It was true that it had been at first but he had grown accustomed to it. “It was difficult at first especially talking with Evan. He’s the closest in age to me yet still we have an age gap of five years- fortunately my two little sisters were too young to understand or ask questions when I started going to school.” He took a spoonful of ice cream. Ooh boba was a good call. “I think it will be tough now starting at a new school and not being able to talk about it…” Noah shrugged his shoulders. It was something that he had grown accustomed too – he supposed.

He offered Kimmie another small smile when she also crossed her fingers. That was really sweet. Ah – so she was the youngest daughter but the middle child. “So that makes you both the youngest daughter and the middle child… I see…” he said, chuckling when she mentioned that her brother was the baby of the family. “Is he thoroughly spoiled? My youngest sister is 100% spoiled.” She was always able to get whatever she wanted and she knew it. She also knew that she was adorable and played that up. She would just bat her eyelids at their parents and get away with an extra serving of ice cream at dinner. She would be dangerous when she became older.

Broke up but then found each other again. Hence, Kimmie’s existence. Yes. He watched as her smile grew larger out of excitement of having a potential housemate. YAY! Noah was starting to feel really excited about this new school. “Fantastic. Even if we don’t end up in the same house, I think we should still hang out.” He could see himself being friends with Kimmie for sure. “By the way, boba was the right choice.” Nod. Nod. He took another spoonful of his ice cream.
Kim looked down at the ice cream in her hand, realizing she'd gotten so focused on talking she had momentarily forgotten to actually eat any of it. She took a couple of bites while listening to him. "5 years is quite the gap. It's nice that you are still close even with it." At least, she assumed they were close since he mentioned it being difficult to not get to talk to his brother. But maybe that was also just because he was the only one who asked questions. Either way, it was a weird concept to her. Kimmie didn't feel especially close to any of her siblings, though if she had to claim one it'd probably be Lucas. "How young are your younger sisters?"

Her nose wrinkled slightly when he mentioned she was the middle child, but also kind of the youngest and she gave a slight nod. "Yep, that's me." Not that it really mattered, but sometimes being the youngest out of her sister's who all seemed to have something special while she just ... didn't felt kind of rough. "I mean I would definitely call Lucas spoiled." But in reality, he probably wasn't as her parents were pretty fair. But still, as an older sister, she'd claim him terrible in any way she could anyways.

He wanted to hang out even if separate houses? Kimmie beamed and nodded her head, "Absolutely! It'd be nice to have a friend at the school regardless of which houses we end up placed in!" And she did genuinely mean that. She laughed at his remark regarding the ice cream and took another bite of her own in agreement. "Well, I'm glad your ice cream was not ruined!"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 04-21-2020, 03:47 PM   #55 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Kim looked down at the ice cream in her hand, realizing she'd gotten so focused on talking she had momentarily forgotten to actually eat any of it. She took a couple of bites while listening to him. "5 years is quite the gap. It's nice that you are still close even with it." At least, she assumed they were close since he mentioned it being difficult to not get to talk to his brother. But maybe that was also just because he was the only one who asked questions. Either way, it was a weird concept to her. Kimmie didn't feel especially close to any of her siblings, though if she had to claim one it'd probably be Lucas. "How young are your younger sisters?"

Her nose wrinkled slightly when he mentioned she was the middle child, but also kind of the youngest and she gave a slight nod. "Yep, that's me." Not that it really mattered, but sometimes being the youngest out of her sister's who all seemed to have something special while she just ... didn't felt kind of rough. "I mean I would definitely call Lucas spoiled." But in reality, he probably wasn't as her parents were pretty fair. But still, as an older sister, she'd claim him terrible in any way she could anyways.

He wanted to hang out even if separate houses? Kimmie beamed and nodded her head, "Absolutely! It'd be nice to have a friend at the school regardless of which houses we end up placed in!" And she did genuinely mean that. She laughed at his remark regarding the ice cream and took another bite of her own in agreement. "Well, I'm glad your ice cream was not ruined!"
"Yeah, we’re pretty close on some days. Other days not so much,” he chuckled. “Y’know siblings..” They had their moments like every sibling did or so Noah reckoned. Y’know he wasn’t actually sure if they were similar to most siblings. They bickered a lot but they always would be friends at the end of their day. Their parents had insisted on such behavior. “Seven and five. Absolutely tiny and adorable and get away with everything.” His little sister was the worst. She could just bat her eyelids and get anything the world demanded. “

He watched as her nose wrinkled slightly and thought it was cute the way it did that. What. Noah… Ahem. He took several spoonful’s of delicious ice cream. Nom. Nom. Nom. Ice cream was medicine for the soul. He chuckled when she confirmed his suspicions that Lucas was spoiled. “They always are. And they are always cute and can get away with anything. The worst is when they know how to play it to their advantage.” He shook his head, imagining being the youngest – what mischief could he have caused? Hmm…

Noah smiled and gave her a quick thumbs up. YEAH! Friends in other houses were cool too. If his Ilvermorny friends could see him now, they say that he was being a hardcore Pukwudgie. Def embracing their house’s values. Sweet. Hogwarts was getting better and better by the minute. Mhmm.. that’s for sure. “I know… A little bit of a gamble but I think you are definitely an ice cream connoisseur. Any other combinations that you’d recommend?”

Old 04-21-2020, 11:53 PM   #56 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
"Yeah, we’re pretty close on some days. Other days not so much,” he chuckled. “Y’know siblings..” They had their moments like every sibling did or so Noah reckoned. Y’know he wasn’t actually sure if they were similar to most siblings. They bickered a lot but they always would be friends at the end of their day. Their parents had insisted on such behavior. “Seven and five. Absolutely tiny and adorable and get away with everything.” His little sister was the worst. She could just bat her eyelids and get anything the world demanded. “

He watched as her nose wrinkled slightly and thought it was cute the way it did that. What. Noah… Ahem. He took several spoonful’s of delicious ice cream. Nom. Nom. Nom. Ice cream was medicine for the soul. He chuckled when she confirmed his suspicions that Lucas was spoiled. “They always are. And they are always cute and can get away with anything. The worst is when they know how to play it to their advantage.” He shook his head, imagining being the youngest – what mischief could he have caused? Hmm…

Noah smiled and gave her a quick thumbs up. YEAH! Friends in other houses were cool too. If his Ilvermorny friends could see him now, they say that he was being a hardcore Pukwudgie. Def embracing their house’s values. Sweet. Hogwarts was getting better and better by the minute. Mhmm.. that’s for sure. “I know… A little bit of a gamble but I think you are definitely an ice cream connoisseur. Any other combinations that you’d recommend?”

Kimmie nodded in understanding at his words, internally entirely agreeing. [B"I get that."[/B] Mostly anyways. Except maybe the close part. Awwww, his younger sisters were just so little! "Oh my gosh, that's fun ages though!" And the window of time where it wasn't obnoxious to be spoiled. "What are your little sisters names?"

She watched him shove a couple of additional spoonfuls of ice cream into his mouth, taking the slight pause to also take another bite of her own. She smiled slightly at the sweet treat, enjoying the refreshing flavor before focusing on the conversation again. Unconsciously her face scrunched a little as he referred to younger siblings as spoiled and cute. "Yours definitely sound cute, but that's not how I would describe Lucas." Annoying was more like it.

Kimmie laughed at his words, calling her an ice cream connoisseur before she gave a little mock bow. "Well thank you. I'll have to remember that in case the school thing doesn't work out for me." She could sell ice cream for all of her life. That would be absolutely okay. Other flavors? Hmmm. "I afraid I'm not usually very adventurous. I like gummies, or chocolate frogs or if I'm feeling risky Bertie Botts." She definitely shouldn't quit her education for ice cream just yet.

Old 04-22-2020, 03:55 AM   #57 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Maya and Lisa. Maya is ten and Lisa is seven.” He offered her a smile. Sure, they were ABSOLUTELY a handful but he adored them. “Maybe you’ll get to meet them?” he offered with another kind smile.

He scrunched his nose briefly before laughing. “How would you describe him, my lady?” he asked. Noah was thoroughly intrigued by how she would respond. Let’s see. Speaking of siblings gave a good sense of who you were or so he believed. “Lucas is a nightmare? How old is he?

More spoonfuls of ice cream were to be had. “Risky Betie Botts…. What do you mean by that?
Old 04-22-2020, 11:46 PM   #58 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
Maya and Lisa. Maya is ten and Lisa is seven.” He offered her a smile. Sure, they were ABSOLUTELY a handful but he adored them. “Maybe you’ll get to meet them?” he offered with another kind smile.

He scrunched his nose briefly before laughing. “How would you describe him, my lady?” he asked. Noah was thoroughly intrigued by how she would respond. Let’s see. Speaking of siblings gave a good sense of who you were or so he believed. “Lucas is a nightmare? How old is he?

More spoonfuls of ice cream were to be had. “Risky Betie Botts…. What do you mean by that?
Awhh, what sweet names too. She grinned as he said maybe she'd meet them eventually, and Kim gave a small nod of her head. "I'd like that. They sound adorable!" Little kids were fun. And Kimmie loved the brutal honesty most young children possessed, it was probably why she liked kids.

How would she describe her little brother? She titled her head a little to the side and looked up towards the ceiling as she thought. "Annoying, for one. A little conceited. Naive." Not near as bad as some of her other siblings or herself but still. "He's probably still the sibling I prefer the most though. Although, don't tell him that." She chuckled a little at his observation. "Lucas is 12." Or almost 12... She couldn't actually remember at this moment.

She was probably the worst sister.

She chuckled what he asked what she meant about the Bertie Botts. "They don't filter out the good tasting ones from the bad. Putting Bertie Botts on top of ice cream is like playing ice cream roulette." Like will this bite be buttered popcorn or boogers?

Old 04-23-2020, 02:19 AM   #59 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Awhh, what sweet names too. She grinned as he said maybe she'd meet them eventually, and Kim gave a small nod of her head. "I'd like that. They sound adorable!" Little kids were fun. And Kimmie loved the brutal honesty most young children possessed, it was probably why she liked kids.

How would she describe her little brother? She titled her head a little to the side and looked up towards the ceiling as she thought. "Annoying, for one. A little conceited. Naive." Not near as bad as some of her other siblings or herself but still. "He's probably still the sibling I prefer the most though. Although, don't tell him that." She chuckled a little at his observation. "Lucas is 12." Or almost 12... She couldn't actually remember at this moment.

She was probably the worst sister.

She chuckled what he asked what she meant about the Bertie Botts. "They don't filter out the good tasting ones from the bad. Putting Bertie Botts on top of ice cream is like playing ice cream roulette." Like will this bite be buttered popcorn or boogers?
He blushed, on behalf of his sisters. Noah could see it now. They would have fallen in LOVE with Kimmie right here and there. AND they would have demanded that she started dating him. “I suppose so. Lovable rascals,” he admitted affectionately.

He smirked when she admitted that her little brother was annoying. “Aren’t they all?” he quickly added before raising his eyebrows when Kimmie confessed that he was the sibling that she preferred the most. “Understandable. Drives you up the wall but also lovable.” He understood completely. He blinked. “Twelve? Maybe we should introduce him and Evan- Evan’s almost his age… they could be friends for better or for worse.

Ice cream roulette sounds fun? Tell me senpai, how do we play?” He then wiggled his eyebrows at her.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:58 PM   #60 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
He blushed, on behalf of his sisters. Noah could see it now. They would have fallen in LOVE with Kimmie right here and there. AND they would have demanded that she started dating him. “I suppose so. Lovable rascals,” he admitted affectionately.

He smirked when she admitted that her little brother was annoying. “Aren’t they all?” he quickly added before raising his eyebrows when Kimmie confessed that he was the sibling that she preferred the most. “Understandable. Drives you up the wall but also lovable.” He understood completely. He blinked. “Twelve? Maybe we should introduce him and Evan- Evan’s almost his age… they could be friends for better or for worse.

Ice cream roulette sounds fun? Tell me senpai, how do we play?” He then wiggled his eyebrows at her.
Kimmie smiled at the clear affection in his voice. If she had to take a guess, she'd assume from the way that Noah spoke about his family he was a really good big brother. "I bet they adore you." And probably missed him when he was gone during the school year. That was always the hardest part of boarding school, missing family, even if you'd never admit it out loud.

Aren't they all? She laughed, nodding her head. "Most definitely. It's probably a requirement for being a sibling." Not even just the youngest, just a sibling in general. Hearing him suggest their brother's could meet, K titled her head slightly as if thinking about it. "I don't guarantee my brother is any fun, but that could be interesting to see." And would also give them another excuse to hang out in the future, so she was certainly game for that. Heh.

She giggled at his clear interest in Ice Cream Roulette, nodding towards the selection of Bertie Botts. "Easy, add Bertie Bott's every flavor beans and make it just enough that you can easily get one bean with each bite. And voila! You have no idea if you're next spoonful is delicious or disgusting." She used to make Lucy try to play it all the time with her. Which only was the easiest because of how competitive her older sister can be. "I'll have to challenge you next time we get ice cream."

Old 04-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #61 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Davie! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Yeah, Davie, his old nickname. Davie grinned a bit more and hugged Rachel back, gently, just with a few pat-pats. He wasn't really a hugger, but it was nice to be greeted by a beautiful old friend.

"Ah, you know, this and that," he replied vaguely, stirring his ice cream some more. "Went to uni, did all that." Not a huge surprise there for this nerdy Ravenclaw, though he was still looking for the right path these few years after graduation. "What about you?" What had she been up to? Was she--- er, was that a ring on her finger? She was MARRIED? Merlin, he was getting old.

Truth be told, Rachel didn’t even know if Davie was the hugger type. She hadn’t been but around the time of graduation from Hogwarts, she had picked up the habit slowly thanks to Kyle who had been her boyfriend at the time. Rachel grinned, picking up where she had left off with her ice cream. “You’ve been busy I see, expanding your knowledge.’’ As much as the young woman could remember, Davie had literally been the definition of a Ravenclaw. She had no doubt that he still was.

“Well, not much aside from all the Herbology exploration with my parents. And I got married!’’ Rachel beamed and excitedly showed him the ring on her finger. But then she remembered that they had crushes on each other back at Hogwarts and she suddenly regretted her overload of enthusiasm. Rachel had really liked him back then. “Any girlfriend?’’ she asked awkwardly.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 04-24-2020, 04:24 PM   #62 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Truth be told, Rachel didn’t even know if Davie was the hugger type. She hadn’t been but around the time of graduation from Hogwarts, she had picked up the habit slowly thanks to Kyle who had been her boyfriend at the time. Rachel grinned, picking up where she had left off with her ice cream. “You’ve been busy I see, expanding your knowledge.’’ As much as the young woman could remember, Davie had literally been the definition of a Ravenclaw. She had no doubt that he still was.

“Well, not much aside from all the Herbology exploration with my parents. And I got married!’’ Rachel beamed and excitedly showed him the ring on her finger. But then she remembered that they had crushes on each other back at Hogwarts and she suddenly regretted her overload of enthusiasm. Rachel had really liked him back then. “Any girlfriend?’’ she asked awkwardly.
"Ehhhhhh," was Davie's humble answer to that. Sure, he was always interested in expanding his knowledge, and at times he had been busy. These days though? Well, today he had literally wandered up and down Diagon Alley, devouring a sandwich, encountering strange celestial beings, growing a pair of antlers and then losing them, reading the Daily Prophet, and now, eating ice cream.... in other words, he'd spent a successful day doing nothing at all.

He should probably change that, hmm?

"Oh! Congratulations." Davie did intensely stare at the ring on her finger; it was blinding, or maybe that was just his reaction to it. The ring was blinding and shiny and likely very, very expensive; so, Rachel had done well for herself. He blushed a little bit at her question. "No, no girlfriend." Why did he voice have to break on that word? Was he destined to forever be this awkward??????????? He felt an urgent need to change the subject, and change it now.

What had she said about Herbology? "So you've been exploring? Gone anywhere interesting?" Of course he still had a vested interest in Herbology himself, so he was very curious to hear what she had discovered.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 04-28-2020, 03:11 PM   #63 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

"Ehhhhhh," was Davie's humble answer to that. Sure, he was always interested in expanding his knowledge, and at times he had been busy. These days though? Well, today he had literally wandered up and down Diagon Alley, devouring a sandwich, encountering strange celestial beings, growing a pair of antlers and then losing them, reading the Daily Prophet, and now, eating ice cream.... in other words, he'd spent a successful day doing nothing at all.

He should probably change that, hmm?

"Oh! Congratulations." Davie did intensely stare at the ring on her finger; it was blinding, or maybe that was just his reaction to it. The ring was blinding and shiny and likely very, very expensive; so, Rachel had done well for herself. He blushed a little bit at her question. "No, no girlfriend." Why did he voice have to break on that word? Was he destined to forever be this awkward??????????? He felt an urgent need to change the subject, and change it now.

What had she said about Herbology? "So you've been exploring? Gone anywhere interesting?" Of course he still had a vested interest in Herbology himself, so he was very curious to hear what she had discovered.

Okay, so it was possible that things didn’t have to be as awkward as she thought it could be. Rachel beamed. “Thank you! It’s been great being married for a great deal of it. Of course, balancing that with other real life happenings can be challenging at times.’’ Not to mention there were those mini arguments that happened periodically between her and Kyle. The young woman had learned to look at those as events to make her wiser rather than to let them keep her down. She took a moment to pop a piece of peanut butter cup into her mouth. Yes, she did notice that break in your voice, Davie. “You’ll find her when you least expect it.’’ This was the experience talking.

“New Zealand. Our second trip, actually, because my mother is quite sure there’s an underwater plant there with magical properties waiting to be discovered.’’ Rachel shrugged. “She hasn’t shared her hunches as yet but I’ll find out.” She beamed. “But what have you been doing? Inventing something life changing?”

Old 04-28-2020, 03:38 PM   #64 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:

Okay, so it was possible that things didn’t have to be as awkward as she thought it could be. Rachel beamed. “Thank you! It’s been great being married for a great deal of it. Of course, balancing that with other real life happenings can be challenging at times.’’ Not to mention there were those mini arguments that happened periodically between her and Kyle. The young woman had learned to look at those as events to make her wiser rather than to let them keep her down. She took a moment to pop a piece of peanut butter cup into her mouth. Yes, she did notice that break in your voice, Davie. “You’ll find her when you least expect it.’’ This was the experience talking.

“New Zealand. Our second trip, actually, because my mother is quite sure there’s an underwater plant there with magical properties waiting to be discovered.’’ Rachel shrugged. “She hasn’t shared her hunches as yet but I’ll find out.” She beamed. “But what have you been doing? Inventing something life changing?”
Right, marriage, wuv, true wuv, what a gift and all that nonsense. Rachel was so.........normal, it almost made David feel wistful for a moment. Almost. He remained as stoic as ever in actuality, stirring his ice cream slowly. He had nothing to say about finding her, or the one, or any of that nonsense. Such platitudes meant nothing to him, and they were usually untrue, in his experience. He would forgive her for saying this, he decided. She couldn't be faulted for living her best life or whatever.

New Zealand! "Ah," Davie made a small sound of approval as he ate a bit of ice cream. "That sounds fascinating. Please, keep me posted on your discoveries." Or else he'd have to read about them in the latest issue of Herbology Today like other plebians. And theeeeeeere it was, the usual question of what have you been doing?

He shrugged. "I'm working on something." Perfect vague answer, David; he nearly patted himself on the back for that. "Mostly all I've come up with so far are improvements on small, everyday use items."

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind
Old 05-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Davie <3
Quote:
Right, marriage, wuv, true wuv, what a gift and all that nonsense. Rachel was so.........normal, it almost made David feel wistful for a moment. Almost. He remained as stoic as ever in actuality, stirring his ice cream slowly. He had nothing to say about finding her, or the one, or any of that nonsense. Such platitudes meant nothing to him, and they were usually untrue, in his experience. He would forgive her for saying this, he decided. She couldn't be faulted for living her best life or whatever.

New Zealand! "Ah," Davie made a small sound of approval as he ate a bit of ice cream. "That sounds fascinating. Please, keep me posted on your discoveries." Or else he'd have to read about them in the latest issue of Herbology Today like other plebians. And theeeeeeere it was, the usual question of what have you been doing?

He shrugged. "I'm working on something." Perfect vague answer, David; he nearly patted himself on the back for that. "Mostly all I've come up with so far are improvements on small, everyday use items."

Even before she had made her comment about Davie finding ‘the one’, instinct based on what she remembered of him from their Hogwarts days, told her that he wasn’t going to exactly respond positively to it. That was why she hadn’t said much beyond that one statement and was quite ready to let the topic slide now. As much as she was loving being married, there shouldn’t be a rush for anyone to get into that huge commitment.

“You bet!’’ Rachel was beyond pleased that Davie was this interested in any findings. Oh, yes. His mother had been a Herbology professor at Hogwarts. This young woman, now finishing up her ice cream (the peanut butter cups long gone) made her appreciate Davie all over again as he would understand her love for the subject.

Colour her intrigued about what Davie was up to. “Why so secretive?” Rachel teased. “Aren’t you going to give an old friend even a bit of info about what you’re improving?”

Old 05-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #66 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:

Even before she had made her comment about Davie finding ‘the one’, instinct based on what she remembered of him from their Hogwarts days, told her that he wasn’t going to exactly respond positively to it. That was why she hadn’t said much beyond that one statement and was quite ready to let the topic slide now. As much as she was loving being married, there shouldn’t be a rush for anyone to get into that huge commitment.

“You bet!’’ Rachel was beyond pleased that Davie was this interested in any findings. Oh, yes. His mother had been a Herbology professor at Hogwarts. This young woman, now finishing up her ice cream (the peanut butter cups long gone) made her appreciate Davie all over again as he would understand her love for the subject.

Colour her intrigued about what Davie was up to. “Why so secretive?” Rachel teased. “Aren’t you going to give an old friend even a bit of info about what you’re improving?”
Why did all of his female friends always want to know all the details of everything he was up to? Davie tried not to frown as he took a few more bites of ice cream to delay actually answering her.

"Everyday use items..." were self-explanatory, surely? He shook his head to himself, not to her. "I just mean that making magic work for us instead of us having to work." He wasn't lazy, no, he resisted that label every time; work smarter, not harder was his motto. He was resourceful and conserved his energy for things like reading instead of cooking, or trimming a bonsai tree instead of cleaning. But not everyone had a house-elf like he did at home, and so he wanted a way to life easier for those less fortunate souls.

He'd give her an example. "Have you heard of a roomba, Rachel? They're an old Muggle vacuum of sorts."

Old 05-17-2020, 01:25 PM   #67 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Davie <3
Quote:
Why did all of his female friends always want to know all the details of everything he was up to? Davie tried not to frown as he took a few more bites of ice cream to delay actually answering her.

"Everyday use items..." were self-explanatory, surely? He shook his head to himself, not to her. "I just mean that making magic work for us instead of us having to work." He wasn't lazy, no, he resisted that label every time; work smarter, not harder was his motto. He was resourceful and conserved his energy for things like reading instead of cooking, or trimming a bonsai tree instead of cleaning. But not everyone had a house-elf like he did at home, and so he wanted a way to life easier for those less fortunate souls.

He'd give her an example. "Have you heard of a roomba, Rachel? They're an old Muggle vacuum of sorts."

Yes, Rachel knew what ‘everyday use items’ were but the possibilities were endless, weren’t they? Hairbrushes, writing instruments, etcetera. Why did she get the feeling that Davie didn’t want to tell her more? And why did she feel slightly offended? At least she felt less so when he started to explain. “That’s very thoughtful of you. It all sounds very interesting.’’ Honestly, she wouldn’t mind if he went into details but she wasn’t about to push him if he didn’t want to.

Roomba? “Nope, I can’t say that I have.’’ Rachel eyed Davie curiously. Was that what he was working on currently? Was he going to tell her more?

Old 05-21-2020, 12:18 AM   #68 (permalink)

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries

Quote:

Yes, Rachel knew what ‘everyday use items’ were but the possibilities were endless, weren’t they? Hairbrushes, writing instruments, etcetera. Why did she get the feeling that Davie didn’t want to tell her more? And why did she feel slightly offended? At least she felt less so when he started to explain. “That’s very thoughtful of you. It all sounds very interesting.’’ Honestly, she wouldn’t mind if he went into details but she wasn’t about to push him if he didn’t want to.

Roomba? “Nope, I can’t say that I have.’’ Rachel eyed Davie curiously. Was that what he was working on currently? Was he going to tell her more?
'Thoughtful' and 'interesting.' Ha. More platitudes. Davie busied himself with his ice cream again, particularly because he was trying to think of a way to describe a Roomba to a wizard, and was coming up short. His imagination needed more fuel before he would be able to think up an explanation, so he took a few more bites of his sweet treat.

"Well, an example," he'd just talk very generically, he'd decided, "is that I found a way to make a Muggle Roomba--- er, a robotic floor cleaner--- work in my parents' mansion, even though they have house elves and magic and everything." He gestured with his ice cream spoon. "It doesn't require electricity or charging, nor a spell, but it works just as intended. To clean floors, sweep and remove messes of all kinds, and sense when to stop cleaning." It was his magical solution that made it work.

Annnnd if he went into more detail, he'd give away proprietary secrets. So he wasn't saying anything else about it.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:36 PM   #69 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
'Thoughtful' and 'interesting.' Ha. More platitudes. Davie busied himself with his ice cream again, particularly because he was trying to think of a way to describe a Roomba to a wizard, and was coming up short. His imagination needed more fuel before he would be able to think up an explanation, so he took a few more bites of his sweet treat.

"Well, an example," he'd just talk very generically, he'd decided, "is that I found a way to make a Muggle Roomba--- er, a robotic floor cleaner--- work in my parents' mansion, even though they have house elves and magic and everything." He gestured with his ice cream spoon. "It doesn't require electricity or charging, nor a spell, but it works just as intended. To clean floors, sweep and remove messes of all kinds, and sense when to stop cleaning." It was his magical solution that made it work.

Annnnd if he went into more detail, he'd give away proprietary secrets. So he wasn't saying anything else about it.

Alright, so Davie was going to go into his work with a little more details. You know what? It truly fascinated her. Rachel was not ignorant when it came to certain aspects of Muggle life and a mild knowledge of robotics and electricity was included there. For this reason she was able to understand what Davie was talking about. Somehow he reminded her of the “Mad Scientist” she once read about. Okay, so he wasn’t mad but he was sort of like a scientist.

“Wow. That’s brilliant if you ask me. That, for one, would be a great help to some.’’ Rachel grinned. “Should I be keeping an eye out for them in the shops any time soon, Mr. Scientist?’’

Also, she was very satisfied with the information he had given her. This young woman wouldn’t be doing any more probing.

Old 08-22-2020, 02:02 AM   #70 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brooks Bradshaw
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dieter Kareless
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Coulson Bradshaw
Law Enforcement
Default Mansa!!
Ern's Walmart Greeter

"I'll be just a minute, Quinn!"

Ice cream wasn't an every day treat. Hence the word: treat. So of course, Matty scurried away from one Quinn Chambers, freshly scooped ice cream in hand with the intention of loading up on alllllll the toppings. Okay maybe not all, all, but all the best ones. Ice cream wasn't an everyday treat, hence the word: treat. So! Smart choices had to be made.

Some would be for mixing in, and other toppings just to eat off the top, he'd quickly decided as he walked past all the choices. The soon to be first year brunette set his cup of Ton-Tongue Toffee down under his first mix-in choice, Jelly Slugs! He strangely liked when they got cold and hard.

_____________you wanna run it back but you can't turn the time, you start to feel like you're losing your shine
__________________________________but the grass ain't always greener on the_o t h e r_ s i d e
Old 08-24-2020, 07:17 AM   #71 (permalink)
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
Default Hiiiii
SUMMER FOREVER

ICE CREEEEAM.

Valentina ran into the ice cream parlour, with her mum in tow, as she headed straight towards the counter. Now that they’d pretty much finished with shopping for most of her school supplies, Val insisted on having her absolute favourite food before heading home!! With TWO scoops of chocolate ice cream in hand, because who could go wrong with chocolate, the eleven year old skipped over to the toppings station, carefully examining all of her options. Hmmmm. What did she waaaaaaant?