sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1036 users online including...
Julikmc

2 members
1034 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 01:01 PM

Default Gregory the Smarmy

Further down the fifth-floor corridor awaits a statue of a rather large bald man with several chins. If you know your potions or history well enough, you will be able to identify this medieval wizard as the inventor of Gregory's Unctuous Unction. Though a fine wizard, he is credited for worming his way into King Richard's confidence and making a fortune by administrating his BFF-in-a-vial to the former Muggle ruler.

While Gregory the Smarmy's story may be interesting to some, you might find what he is hiding to be more your scene. Looking closely behind the large man, you just might see a slight opening of a secret passageway. Few, however, have access to the passage and know exactly where it leads because not very many people know how to get the bulky statue to move aside. Trying all of the random passwords you know will result in failure and wasted time. Perhaps you need to take a leaf out of Gregory's book and find a way to excessively flatter him. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Józef wasn't usually one to be seen standing still, but today he was doing exactly that. If anyone had been through the corridor a few times, they would probably have thought it weird or that he was under some sort of spell because he'd been stood in the same spot for more than five minutes.

A foot away from the statue that he was having a staring competition with. Because he'd shouted at it and asked politely and tapped it with his wand a million times and now he'd decided that staring was the way he was going to get the statue to reveal the secret passage.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 01-31-2019, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Józef wasn't usually one to be seen standing still, but today he was doing exactly that. If anyone had been through the corridor a few times, they would probably have thought it weird or that he was under some sort of spell because he'd been stood in the same spot for more than five minutes.

A foot away from the statue that he was having a staring competition with. Because he'd shouted at it and asked politely and tapped it with his wand a million times and now he'd decided that staring was the way he was going to get the statue to reveal the secret passage.
Valencia discovered something new about the castle every day. She also enjoyed reading up on anything of significance in the castle. In here pocket, the first year always had a small notepad to document every tapestry, statue, and painting she came across so that she could research it later.

As she made her way down the hall, trying to remember where each staircase lead to, she stumbled across another statue. Eagerly, she made her way over to see if there was a name tag.

Instead, she came across a still person she noticed too late and from the corner of her eye.

She let out a small startled squeal.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 02-18-2019, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Valencia discovered something new about the castle every day. She also enjoyed reading up on anything of significance in the castle. In here pocket, the first year always had a small notepad to document every tapestry, statue, and painting she came across so that she could research it later.

As she made her way down the hall, trying to remember where each staircase lead to, she stumbled across another statue. Eagerly, she made her way over to see if there was a name tag.

Instead, she came across a still person she noticed too late and from the corner of her eye.

She let out a small startled squeal.
You hadn't lost if someone had distracted you from the staring contest.

That was what Józef was telling himself. And you definitely hadn't lost if the DISTRACTION was a SCREAM because screams meant that someone was in danger and you had to HELP people in danger because nothing was cooler than being the hero that was the decent thing to do.

Even if it hadn't really been a scream and he was probably just looking for an excuse to blink.

So Jó, torn from his staring match with old Greg, spun around on the spot and brought his fists up into the air in front of him. Who cared about wands at a time like this?! "WHO'S IN DANGER?"

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________

Old 02-19-2019, 02:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyPleaseMe View Post
You hadn't lost if someone had distracted you from the staring contest.

That was what Józef was telling himself. And you definitely hadn't lost if the DISTRACTION was a SCREAM because screams meant that someone was in danger and you had to HELP people in danger because nothing was cooler than being the hero that was the decent thing to do.

Even if it hadn't really been a scream and he was probably just looking for an excuse to blink.

So Jó, torn from his staring match with old Greg, spun around on the spot and brought his fists up into the air in front of him. Who cared about wands at a time like this?! "WHO'S IN DANGER?"
Valencia was clutching her chest and catching her breath after her small fright.

"'m fine." she mumbled. She messed with her hair. "I just didn't see you. That's all." It really should be illegal to be that still. "What were you doing anyway?" Because now she was curious.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Valencia was clutching her chest and catching her breath after her small fright.

"'m fine." she mumbled. She messed with her hair. "I just didn't see you. That's all." It really should be illegal to be that still. "What were you doing anyway?" Because now she was curious.
What? No one needed hitting? No one needed saving?! How disappointing. And now he'd lost the staring contest that was definitely the sure fire way of getting to that secret passage.

"Oh. Good," Józef managed, dropping his hands back to his sides and looking curiously at the girl. "But you ruined my staring competition." And she needed to know about it, because he was annoyed about it. And that was what he'd been doing.

Staring. At a statue.

Duh.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Valencia watched him. Why was he... so ... disappointed? That... was weird. That was really weird.

And his reasoning was even weirder.

"I what?" she asked, a mild indignant tone in her voice. "You were staring at a statue?" It was a cross between a statement, and a question, and complete and utter deadpan confusion.

"Why?" There were so many questions. But that was the most important one.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crup

x12 x12
Becky's Bestie | Magic Pen Original Nymphadora | Lizasaurus

Maddie was looking for a quiet area to listen to music. She was tired of studying and classes, classes and studying and just wanted time alone to listen to some music. Finding herself alone in front of Gregory the Smarmy she knelt down and started her music before standing up again. She leant against the wall just listening to it and swaying a little before slowly she moved away from the wall and started slowly dancing to the music.

You are Coffee!
Old 02-26-2019, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Devin James Horton
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Deanna Joyce Horton
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Wright
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Elizabeth Wright
x1
Teapot Occamy| gryphons&giraffes&goats,OH MY | chaser of the truth | flutiful❧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadoraliz View Post
Maddie was looking for a quiet area to listen to music. She was tired of studying and classes, classes and studying and just wanted time alone to listen to some music. Finding herself alone in front of Gregory the Smarmy she knelt down and started her music before standing up again. She leant against the wall just listening to it and swaying a little before slowly she moved away from the wall and started slowly dancing to the music.
Cordelia was not particularly fond of the statue of the ugly old man with too many chins. He really wasn’t much of a looker, and Cordelia didn’t care what he had done in his life to deserve having a statue here. As she wandered down this particular corridor, Cordelia couldn’t help but notice someone oddly swaying, no, dancing right there in the middle of the hallway for no apparent reason. ”What’s going on?” Cordelia gazed curiously at the dancing girl.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Valencia watched him. Why was he... so ... disappointed? That... was weird. That was really weird.

And his reasoning was even weirder.

"I what?" she asked, a mild indignant tone in her voice. "You were staring at a statue?" It was a cross between a statement, and a question, and complete and utter deadpan confusion.

"Why?" There were so many questions. But that was the most important one.
"Yes, I was."

That was all the information she needed. So Jó was kind of annoyed when she continued to ask questions. He wanted to get back to his staring competition, but it didn't look like that was going to happen anytime soon.

So he huffed a little. Just a little. "He's hiding a secret passage." Józef paused, turning to look at the statue and scratch his head, before turning back to the girl who was asking so. many. questions. "Or, at least I think he is. So I thought a staring competition might make him show me."

Wasn't it obvious?

Old 03-02-2019, 01:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crup

x12 x12
Becky's Bestie | Magic Pen Original Nymphadora | Lizasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Cordelia was not particularly fond of the statue of the ugly old man with too many chins. He really wasn’t much of a looker, and Cordelia didn’t care what he had done in his life to deserve having a statue here. As she wandered down this particular corridor, Cordelia couldn’t help but notice someone oddly swaying, no, dancing right there in the middle of the hallway for no apparent reason. ”What’s going on?” Cordelia gazed curiously at the dancing girl.
She jumped a little, startled as her eyes opened slightly wide. "Dancing." she murmured her feet now standing still. Was there something wrong with dancing to music? No, not when people weren't watching. Well they could join instead though too...right? "Do you want to listen?" she asked her eyes still a little wide hoping the girl didn't find her too weird.

You are Coffee!
Old 03-05-2019, 03:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
"Yes, I was."

That was all the information she needed. So Jó was kind of annoyed when she continued to ask questions. He wanted to get back to his staring competition, but it didn't look like that was going to happen anytime soon.

So he huffed a little. Just a little. "He's hiding a secret passage." Józef paused, turning to look at the statue and scratch his head, before turning back to the girl who was asking so. many. questions. "Or, at least I think he is. So I thought a staring competition might make him show me."

Wasn't it obvious?
Valencia started blankly. Staring at a statue...? Weeeeeird. The Ravenclaw found that very weird.

Did he just huff?

"What makes you think there's a passage?" she asked looking at the statue. She turned her head ever so slightly as if the new angle would help her tell.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Valencia started blankly. Staring at a statue...? Weeeeeird. The Ravenclaw found that very weird.

Did he just huff?

"What makes you think there's a passage?" she asked looking at the statue. She turned her head ever so slightly as if the new angle would help her tell.
More questions? Right. Józef would hazard a guess that she was a Ravenclaw, because in his mind they were so stereotypically curious. He didn't huff again, although he was tempted to, because he didn't want someoneelse telling people around the castle mean stuff about him.

"The rumour mill," Jó said. The 'duh', although not spoken aloud, was evident in his voice. "And," he added, shifting a little and pointing at the smallest of openings. "That looks like a passage."

Of course, it could just be a crack in the stone wall, but he was hopeful.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
More questions? Right. Józef would hazard a guess that she was a Ravenclaw, because in his mind they were so stereotypically curious. He didn't huff again, although he was tempted to, because he didn't want someoneelse telling people around the castle mean stuff about him.

"The rumour mill," Jó said. The 'duh', although not spoken aloud, was evident in his voice. "And," he added, shifting a little and pointing at the smallest of openings. "That looks like a passage."

Of course, it could just be a crack in the stone wall, but he was hopeful.
Valencia wasn't sure a 'rumor mill' was supposed to be trusted, but she nevertheless took a look. She pressed her face against the wall and looked at the smallest slit.

"Maybe it's just not pushed against the wall all the way." she suggested squinting at the small opening.

"Have you tried sticking something back there and seeing how far it goes?" That would be a pretty good indication of if there was actually a passage there.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Valencia wasn't sure a 'rumor mill' was supposed to be trusted, but she nevertheless took a look. She pressed her face against the wall and looked at the smallest slit.

"Maybe it's just not pushed against the wall all the way." she suggested squinting at the small opening.

"Have you tried sticking something back there and seeing how far it goes?" That would be a pretty good indication of if there was actually a passage there.
Not pushed against the wall all the way?! Józef rolled his eyes in the most dramatic way possible and TUTTED. Actually tutted at the girl. Did it matter that she had a point? No, because he'd DECIDED that this was a passage and therefore she was wrong and he was going to make a big deal about how ridiculous her idea was without saying anything.

Had she got that? Good.

Now, however... "That's a good idea." And it was, and Jó wasn't loathe to admit it, because he'd moved on from his judging and tutting as was looking around as though he expected a long rod to be lying around on the floor just as he needed one. When he realised that, of course, there wasn't, he turned back to the girl.

"Have you got something to stick back there?"

Old 03-24-2019, 10:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Not pushed against the wall all the way?! Józef rolled his eyes in the most dramatic way possible and TUTTED. Actually tutted at the girl. Did it matter that she had a point? No, because he'd DECIDED that this was a passage and therefore she was wrong and he was going to make a big deal about how ridiculous her idea was without saying anything.

Had she got that? Good.

Now, however... "That's a good idea." And it was, and Jó wasn't loathe to admit it, because he'd moved on from his judging and tutting as was looking around as though he expected a long rod to be lying around on the floor just as he needed one. When he realised that, of course, there wasn't, he turned back to the girl.

"Have you got something to stick back there?"
Valencia stared at the boy as he tutted. She honestly had not seen anyone besides the occasional mum ever make that sound. It was weird.

Not that she expected anything different from statue boy.

"Um. No." Why would she? "Maybe one of the classrooms near here has a fire poker or something?" she suggested.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Valencia stared at the boy as he tutted. She honestly had not seen anyone besides the occasional mum ever make that sound. It was weird.

Not that she expected anything different from statue boy.

"Um. No." Why would she? "Maybe one of the classrooms near here has a fire poker or something?" she suggested.
"A fire poker! Or a board stick pointy thing! Excellent idea," Józef exclaimed to the corridor at large - it almost seemed as though he was congratulating himself or the statue for having come up with the idea, but definitely not the girl who actually had.

With the excellent idea in mind, the Gryffindor started to walk in the direction of the nearest classroom, and it was only when he'd taken a few steps that he turned back to the Ravenclaw, as though remembering she was there.

"You coming?" Surely she wanted to figure out the mystery behind the statue, too?

Old 03-25-2019, 12:33 AM   #18 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
"A fire poker! Or a board stick pointy thing! Excellent idea," Józef exclaimed to the corridor at large - it almost seemed as though he was congratulating himself or the statue for having come up with the idea, but definitely not the girl who actually had.

With the excellent idea in mind, the Gryffindor started to walk in the direction of the nearest classroom, and it was only when he'd taken a few steps that he turned back to the Ravenclaw, as though remembering she was there.

"You coming?" Surely she wanted to figure out the mystery behind the statue, too?
Valencia looked around as if expecting someone else in the hallway. Why was he speaking like there? The hall was empty. It was just the two of them.

Maybe he was just being dramatic...?

And now he was off. She blinked a few times and then nodded when he turned back to her. "Yeah. Okay."