FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1071 users online including...
Austinwals , Julidei , Alexrut , Julivda

6 members
1065 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 47: September - December 2017

Term 47: September - December 2017 Term Forty-Seven: Drama on the Rise (Sept 2093 - June 2094)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-20-2017, 09:21 AM

Default Charms Lesson 1: Sew on and Sew Forth

Today's Charms lesson takes place on a cool October morning, the day before Halloween, to be exact. The classroom is decorated with hanging paper bats and floating jack-o-lanterns, and at the back of the room sits the refreshment table laden with goodies for the students. Today's offerings: pumpkin spice tea and frosted sugar cookies shaped like pumpkins, bats, ghosts, and cats.

Professor Marchand stands at his usual place in the front of the room ready to greet the arriving students. In his hand, he holds a decorated bowl full of small orange objects. What are they? More snacks? Or maybe something else? As you walk into the room, you'll notice a strange collection of items on the professor's desk: an embroidered pillow, a photograph of the Frankenstein monster, and a baseball. Do these things have something to do with today's lesson? Only time will tell.

Lesson Progress

Greetings & Question 1
Suturis, Suturis Flagellum & Mini Activity
Question 2
Diffindo, Flipnsnipwitit, & Main Activity

OOC: Welcome to the first OOC Charms lesson of the term! Class will start in ABOUT 24 HOURS (5:15 AM GMT -4) HAS STARTED.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #126 (permalink)

DoM & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Narcissa Hensley
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emma Ferguson
Law Enforcement
Mysteries

x6 x4
Vanessa the Snot Girl l Rachels Rule | rock,tumble,&roll ❆ adorable coffee bean

it was going well so far, and Hattie was really happy. She'd realized at the beginning of this year that her wand work wasn't the best, so she had been trying really hard to get better at it. So far she thought she was doing a pretty good job. She was happy so far with how it was going. Today was just an example of how well she was getting on as well. But she was going to try to not get too cocky. She didn't want to mess up an end up looking like an idiot. That would not be good at all.

She'd nearly gotten all of her squares cut out. She was feeling pretty proud. About 5 minutes later, and she had them all laid out on her bench. She carefully arranged them around her badger inspired fabric, making sure it looked just like she wanted it too. And now she needed to get them all sewn together. She had already mastered that, so she was pretty confident that it wouldn't take her too long at all. Maybe then she could try to convince the Professor to allow her to keep her work, because she really wanted too.

She picked up the first bit of fabric, and said "Suturis Flagellum" Doing the wand movement to get the fabric stitches together. It seemed to becoming together quite well. Yep. She liked this. And so she carried on.

But we want to say. Before we drop the curtain. Nothing is for sure. Nothing is for certain
Old 09-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #127 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Silas Rainier Montesh Jr
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Braedon James Lorkin
Games & Sports
Default Helping and Activity post #1
1 of 4 Amigos Don't underestimate me!

Miranda looked up at her teacher and turned bright red with rage at her brother when she was told she was being sewn into her robes..
Her eyes narrowed and she silently vowed to exact revenge on her slithering slimeball brother.. Would he never grow up and stop pestering her?.. Merlin..
That boy needed to get a friend or something...

" Yes, Sir.. I'd appreciate it if you helped me out.. It seems he doubled the stitch on the inside hem at the bottom too..", Randa whispered back.

Diffindo.. Diffindo.. Diffindo... She knew this would come in handy for a lot more than for cutting thread.. Oh yes... This charm would be most useful..

After helping out their teacher she practiced the wand movements for both charms he had given them until she felt she had them both down relatively well...
Old 09-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #128 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
Default post #1
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Ooooh, it was severing charm. Noted.

Ava just nodded along when Professor Marchand mentioned about that and also the trimming charm that mostly been used in herbology to trim the leaves. Well, these two weren't difficult since she often did Diffindo in many occasions and she had mastered it non-verbally thought.

So let's try a non-verbal flipnsnipwitit, shall we?

And now they're moving on to main activity time! As the professor had instructed, the Gryffindor stood up to get more fabrics in maroon and gold color because #GryffinPride yo. Once she got them, Ava went back to her work station to cut these fabrics. Flipnsnipwitit She tried the trimming charm non-verbally while she swish her wand and made a karate chop movement in the end until the fabric was cut. Woooooh yay! This was her first try and she succeeded it! Okay, let's do it again until she got eight pieces of fabric to be sewn on.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #129 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Fifteen Minute Warning
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston smiled when Miss Blaze said she appreciated his help, but his expression changed at what was said next. It seemed he wasn't done helping her just yet... not that he minded, of course. But Merlin! Double-stitching her hem? That seemed a bit much! Oh well... nothing a spell or two wouldn't fix. He assessed the area to distinguish Mr. Blaze's stitches from the ones that were supposed to be there, then raised his wand and performed a nonverbal flipnsnipwitit. "There. I think that took care of it, Miss Blaze," he said. Them his voice dropped as he added, "He didn't stitch anywhere else, did he?"

Once he'd finished helping Miss Blaze, he continued on his rounds around the room, offering praise as he went."That's coming along very nicely, Miss Paton!" "Excellent job, Miss Burton! And nice choice of colors!" He gave her a small knowing smile because Gryffindor pride.

A few more minutes passed, and he looked at his watch. "FIFTEEN MINUTES LEFT!" he announced.

OOC: You have JUST UNDER 26 HOURS LEFT for the activity!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 09-29-2017, 08:51 PM   #130 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Different demonstration in mind? Well, okay then, she supposed that was okay too, besides he had seen her successfully cast the severing charm. Which apparently was one of the charms they could use for the next part of the activity. Memory quilt? How curious, but not too terrible. Also, it was kind of confusing, because it seemed wasteful to cut the large fabric sections into smaller pieces, only to stitch them together.

Nonetheless, that was the activity and it wasn't difficult. "Diffindo," she cast, deliberating on attempting it non-verbally, yet she still felt terrified to try. Having eight green fabric squares, she carefully cast "Suturis flagellum" to stitch a green square onto her one from earlier with the green rectangular mock snake on it. And then another stitch and another, another, until she had them all the way around.

"Anyone ready to stitch your pattern to mine?" Yes? No, maybe? Since apparently they had to make just one giant quilt amongst them all.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #131 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
dream until your • dreams come true ~ Human pygmy puff

When Char came up with the proper charm, Shay nodded her head. That was it. They were going to learn the Severing Charm and Flipnsnipwitit. She watched as the professor demonstrated each spell and jotted down the important information in her notes. And now, it was time to stitch. Shay added the directions to her notes and then prepared to get to work. This was going to be an exciting project.

Shay went up to select her materials. She got two pieces of fabric. One was the same blue a green fabric that she had chosen before. The other was a turquoise blue piece of fabric. Shay had it in her mind to alternate the squares, once she was ready to put everything together. She went back to her seat, then spread the first piece of fabric out before her. Before she could progress, she was going to have to practice the spells.

Shay was familiar with the Severing Charm, but she was prepared to practice it nonetheless. First though, she would try out the other Charm. That was the one that she planned on using for her project. Shay took out her wand and pointed it toward her first piece of fabric. Concentrating on her desired outcome, the Gryffindor made a dramatic karate chop movement and said, "Flipnsnipwitit". Sure enough, Shay made a nice precise cut. Repeating the spell, she continued until she had cut four squares out of the tie dye fabric. When she had finished, she switched to the blue fabric. "Flipnsnipwitit", she continued until she had cut four more squares.

The first part was done. Shay took a small scrap of fabric and made the v-shaped movement, ending in a curve. "Diffindo ", she said, watching as the remnant was sliced. For this task, Shay definitely preferred Flipnsnipwitit. Ready to move on, she returned her leftover fabric. Now she had to find some cutouts to spice up her squares. Once that was done, she could sew everything together.

You are Salt!
Old 09-29-2017, 10:27 PM   #132 (permalink)
Formerly: Harry174

Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Webster
Gryffindor
First Year
Hufflepuff
x8
The Idea Man Kori-Kins

Thomas stood up and looked at the Professor. "I'm practising for the play." Thomas thought that would be good. "Now I'll go back to being the cat okay." Thomas couldn't remember what the task was so it was worth practising right.

"Meow!" Thomas crawled to his seat, before sitting down and then looking straight at the professor with a questioning look. "Can I have some help professor?" Like what was he supposed to do, he had come in late after all.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:06 AM   #133 (permalink)

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default Activity Post 2
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

Satisfied with the four identical black squares (that were exactly the same size as his original black square), Remy put the black fabric down before picking up the bright orange fabric that he had managed to find towards the bottom of the box of fabrics. Although it was much bright than the black, it was also a softer material. Slightly silky, soft, almost satin. But not. ‘Cause satin and fuzzy soft squares wouldn’t necessarily go together… but then why wouldn’t they? He wanted to use them together, so he would.

Carefully placing the original black square over the orange, Remy picked up his wand once more. Diffindo! He thought, using the charm that he had used on more than one occasion before. He carefully cut along the two edges of the square before peeling away the black piece of fabric to reveal the carefully cut square. Hmmm. Even though he felt more at ease and comfortable with the Diffindo charm, he felt the flipnsnipwitit charm was more delicate - easier to handle while making sure that it cut exactly where he wanted it to.

Moving the black square to cover his next patch of orange, Remy raised his wand once more to cast flipnsnipwitit again as he cut out his second orange square. Reapplying the charm, he cut out the third and fourth patches until he had four orange, four black and one black with orange pumpkin patch sitting on his table in front of him.

Perfect.

Before he moved on to sewing them together, the Seventh year stood from his desk and moved to put the leftover black and orange material back into the box. After all, he didn’t need it anymore and someone else might have been looking for those specific colours. Who knew, it was always possible. Returning to his desk, he sat down before once more taking out his wand - this time so that he could start the process of attaching one of the black squares to one of the orange ones.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:17 AM   #134 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Thomas + Ten Minute Warning
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston smiled a little when Mr. Kingsman said he was practicing for the play. "Yes, I figured as much, he replied. At least the boy was speaking in actual sentences now. It looked like they'd be able to put these shenanigans behind them and move on... or not. He immediately went back to meowing and crawling around. Gaston sighed. This kid was really on his last nerve!

"Detention, Mr. Kingsman, and ten points more points from Gryffindor," he said, fighting to keep his tone calm. As frustrated as he was, he would never raise his voice to a student, and he would never hand out punishments without explaining why. "I asked you repeatedly to stop doing that, yet you refused to follow directions. I'll send you a note with your detention information this evening."

Then the boy was asking for help. If you'd stopped the cat act the first time I asked, you would've heard me explain the activity, Gaston thought, but he would never say such things out loud. After all, it was his job to help his students! "We're making a quilt. Get a fabric square and a felt cutout from the box up front, and use a variation of the stitching charm, either suturis or suturis flagellum to sew them together..." He demonstrated the wand movements for both spells before going on, "Then get a larger section of fabric and cut it into eight equal squares using Diffindo or flipnsnipwitit..." Another demonstration followed. "Then sew those eight squares around your original fabric square with the cutout so you have a nine block square, write your name somewhere on the fabric, and attach your nine block square to a classmate's."

He'd been so busy explaining that he nearly lost track of time! "LESS THAN TEN MINUTES LEFT!" he informed the class after a quick check of his watch.

OOC: You have ABOUT 15 HOURS left! And we see you, Shay, Skylar, & Remy. We promise you'll get a mention in the next post!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 09-30-2017, 03:18 AM   #135 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5

Shay was just about to move on to the next step in the activity when she happened to overhear the professor talking to her firstie housemate. Oops. How had she made that mistake? She was only supposed to have a cutout on her center square. Ok. Minor adjustment needed. No problem. Shay knelt down on the floor and placed her number one square in what would be the middle of her mini quilt. Then she laid her other squares around the first, alternating the colors. Now it was time to sew.

Taking out her wand, Shay directed it toward the place where two squares met. "Suturis", she said, stitching up the first seam between the first two squares. Then she repeated the task over and over, making the clockwise loop with her wand, until the last two seams were closed. Moving back, Shay surveyed her work. Not too shabby, if she said so herself. Now she needed to put her name on it somewhere. She decided to put her name on the bottom of the lower right hand square. Shay repeated the incantation, "Suturis", as she stitched her name into the quilt. Now she needed to find someone who had a quilt, ready to be attached to hers.

You are Salt!
Old 09-30-2017, 04:32 AM   #136 (permalink)

DMAC
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
Amelia Raventhorne
Accidents & Catastrophes
Gryffindor for life Notorious Niffler

Uhhhh, why was that first year pretending to be a cat? Emmeline thought that that was definitely the coolest AND weirdest way to come in to class late that she'd ever seen. She kind of loved it, actually, and shot her Housemate a biiiig grin from her seat. Even though Professor Marchand wasn't all that impressed, and ended up taking 15 whole points from Gryffindor. Emmeline frowned a little bit as she got up and went to pick out her bigger piece of fabric, 'cause she kinda wished that he'd, you know, favor their House more. The way that Professor Myers obviously favored Hufflepuff 'cause he'd taken waaaaayyy too many points from her for being out of bed late and stuff. 'Cept it wasn't really that big a deal that Professor Marchand was actually fair and stuff -- plus there was that older witch sitting in the back that he needed to impress, mhm.

A piece of red and gold striped fabric caught the Gryffindor's eye as she approached the box of bigger fabrics; it didn't realllly match her smaller bit of fabric, but she didn't care that much. She felt a biig spurt of House pride after losing so many points and stuff, so she was eager to represent Gryffindor. Just 'cause they were down right now didn't mean they were out! Smiling a bit at the thought, Emmeline carried the red fabric back to her desk and pulled her wand out from her holster once again.

She already knew the Diffindo spell realllly well from using it to help cut down a Christmas tree last year for an Ancient Runes lesson, soo she figured that she'd use that for at least half of her eight squares mhm. The second year confidently moved her wand in the correct movement and cast, "Diffindo!" 'Cept she had the saaaame problem that she'd had with using this spell last time; she was a little too enthusiastic, you know? The fabric parted easily enough, but she'd cut the whooole entire thing in a line instead of the small square side she'd been trying to make. Oooops.

Emmeline figured that the only thing to do at this point was to practice the spell, so she repeated the wand movement and tried to cut the other three sides of a square from one half of the fabric, casting, "Diffindo" way more carefully this time. Like she was all hyper focused on SMALLER cuts and stuff. It took a looooong time, but eventually she was able to make four squares out of the striped fabric that weren't all huge and stuff.

Okay, now it was time to practice the new spell! At least the wand movement for this one was pretty simple; Emmeline made a chopping motion with her wand, directed at the big fabric again, and said: "Flipnsnipwitit!" A small rip appeared in the fabric, but not really even deep enough to make a real cut for her fifth square. The twelve-year-old let out a small siiiiigh of disappointment but she was super quick to try again! Her second attempt made a real cut where the rip had been, but it was a tiny cut and not all that helpful for square-making.

Emmeline took a deep breath and tried to focus on picturing the cut she wanted to appear on the fabric, silently urging her wand on as she repeated the karate-chop wand movement and cast: [b]"Flipnsnipwitit!" again. Finally, she was able to make a proper cut in the fabric! Yessss!!! The second year eagerly repeated the spell fairly successfully until she had her last 4 squares allll done. Some of the edges were kind of raggedy, and there were a couple of dips in the edges of other squares where her wand had slipped, but she figured that that was as close as she was going to get.

The second year took a minute to arrange the red and gold striped squares around her "blue with a black cat" square; the kitty got to go firmly in the veery middle of her design. Emmeline grasped her wand tightly again and carefully cast "Suturis!" again and again and again, until allll 9 squares were sewn together into one quilt. 'Cept a couple of her squares were barely hanging on 'cause her stitches weren't really neat lines at all. Emmeline made a new line of stitches to try to attach those squares better, and her stitches were all crooked and stuff on MOST of her squares, but she was done!!

Making a quilt thingy had been more fun than she'd guessed it would be. The second year girl BEAMED down at her Gryffindor pride quilt thingy and looked around the room to see who else was done and whose quilt she could attach her squares to...
Old 09-30-2017, 06:08 AM   #137 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

With the eight pieces of fabric sewn onto the square.

So it was the Severing Charm and she had overcomplicated it..? Ah. She got it. Flipnsnipwitit. Olivia almost burst out in laughter but stopped herself from doing so. Okay. So a swishing, karate chop-like motion was the wand movement. She practiced it thrice and then repeated the incantation, "Flipnsnipwitit. Flipnsnipwitit. Flipnsnipwitit." Alright. That makes sense. Funny to say but still.

Vi glanced at her square which had been decorated with a series of red tulips across it. Now she needed to cut the thread and then select a new color. "Flipnsnipwitit," she spoke as she performed her wand with a quick and decisive chop like motion as if it was a karate chop. Then she examined her square, admiring the design for a moment, she looked up and across the room. Now who was ready to stitch theirs together...?

She saw Skylar over there asking around if anyone wanted to join quilt sections. "Hey Skylar! I'm game to join squares if you are?"
Old 09-30-2017, 07:59 AM   #138 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Ava grinned as the Charms professor, who was also her head of house approved her color's preferences. There's nothing better than using the house colors, you know? She continued cutting the fabric with non-verbal severing charm until she got eight pieces of square fabric; four reds and four golds. Now all she needed to stitch them up to make a quilt.

Ten minutes more? But she hadn't finished yet!

The Gryffindor arranged her square fabrics, putting the fabric from her mini activity in the middle and then she arrange the gold ones around it and stitched them "Suturis flagellum!" She cast the whipped-stitch charm. Ava thought that kind of stitch would hold the fabrics together, that's why she chose that over the running stitch one. Was she done? Not yet. Then she arranged the red ones and stitched them up with the rest of the fabrics with with the whipped stitch charm and then wrote her name on one of the red square.

Ava Burton, Gryffindor. Class of 2094

And done! Now Ava just needed to find a partner to stitch her nine-square quilt with hers/his.

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
Old 09-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #139 (permalink)
Formerly: Harry174

Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Webster
Gryffindor
First Year
Hufflepuff
x8
The Idea Man Kori-Kins

Thomas looked at his head of house, seriously he wasn't as cool as he had been told. He wasn't impressed at all. Here he was just being nice and friendly and practising and the Professor had given him a detention.

Thomas saw a second-year girl (NifflerFan) giving him a big grin and he smiled back at her before he went over and grabbed what the Professor had told him. He then went back over to his seat and put the stuff on his desk to start the thing.

First, though he decided to try and say the incantation. "Suturis!" Thomas said clearly. "Suturis!" Thomas was totally sure he had the incantation down now.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:37 AM   #140 (permalink)

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default Avaaa <333

Suturis! Remy thought, as he used his wand to stitch a second black square along the opposite edge of the orange and black rectangle so that he had black-orange-black. Once that was done, he placed his middle black with pumpkin design, on the inside edge of the orange middle section. Once again he cast suturis and sewed it together to make a T-like design. Next, he added two orange squares on either side of the middle design, sewing along two sides to attach them to the original square, and the black squares from the first trio rectangle design.

After using the suturis charm to attach the one final orange square and the last two black squares, Remy leant back with a happy smirk as he looked over his 9-squared square…. And then shook his head at that internal thoughts. Stupid. However, at least he knew how to stitch something up if it was needed now. Very handy.

Picking his quill up, he dipped it into his ink and wrote in his scratchy yet neat writing at the base of the bottom orange square; Remy Edwards, Hufflepuff, class of 2094

Standing up, he stretched out his neck and shoulders - unrealising of the fact that he had been crouching over to pay attention to his sewing. Once he was ready, he stood and returned the remaining fabrics to the box that Professor Marchand had set up for them in the first place.

With his quilt pattern in his hand, he looked around the room for someone else who was finished...and then he grinned. Slipping around the tables, he paused next to his fellow seventh year. ”Aaavvaaaaa.” The Hufflepuff grinned at her. ”Fancy tying the knot with me?” Bwahaha. First and last time he’d say something like that to a female, and his laughter told the Gryffindor just how funny he found it.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #141 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
Suturis! Remy thought, as he used his wand to stitch a second black square along the opposite edge of the orange and black rectangle so that he had black-orange-black. Once that was done, he placed his middle black with pumpkin design, on the inside edge of the orange middle section. Once again he cast suturis and sewed it together to make a T-like design. Next, he added two orange squares on either side of the middle design, sewing along two sides to attach them to the original square, and the black squares from the first trio rectangle design.

After using the suturis charm to attach the one final orange square and the last two black squares, Remy leant back with a happy smirk as he looked over his 9-squared square…. And then shook his head at that internal thoughts. Stupid. However, at least he knew how to stitch something up if it was needed now. Very handy.

Picking his quill up, he dipped it into his ink and wrote in his scratchy yet neat writing at the base of the bottom orange square; Remy Edwards, Hufflepuff, class of 2094

Standing up, he stretched out his neck and shoulders - unrealising of the fact that he had been crouching over to pay attention to his sewing. Once he was ready, he stood and returned the remaining fabrics to the box that Professor Marchand had set up for them in the first place.

With his quilt pattern in his hand, he looked around the room for someone else who was finished...and then he grinned. Slipping around the tables, he paused next to his fellow seventh year. ”Aaavvaaaaa.” The Hufflepuff grinned at her. ”Fancy tying the knot with me?” Bwahaha. First and last time he’d say something like that to a female, and his laughter told the Gryffindor just how funny he found it.
Fancy tying the knot with me?

Huh? There was a guy calling out her name and asked that question. For a moment, Ava would hope that it was her boyfriend because... You know. But she recognized Phillip's voice and that was not him. Ah. bummer. But then... if he was the one to ask that and by tying the knot he meant... you know? "Oh, hey Remy!" She said and giggled to the Hufflepuff boy. "I should tell you that Phillip might not approve you say that but thankfully you're into guys so.. I think he will be okay." Hehehe. Very nice, Remy Edwards.

"And I would love to, by the way." To stitch her quilt together with him, obviously. "Do you want to do the honors?" Or should Ava did the stitch to combine their pattern? Either way, she wouldn't mind. The colors of his quilt and hers would be kind of clashed but it wouldn't matter.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:17 PM   #142 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
Default for Henry
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Aha! SHE KNEW IT WOULD BE A QUILT! That was awesome! Well the only person she wanted to make something like that with was the Head Boy over there. She waggled her little finger at him as discreetly as possible, not wanting to catch her mum's attention at all. She was definitely planning on joining her squares to his!

As for the spells, Charlotte didn't need to practice these ones. Diffindo or Flipnsnipwitit. She knew both very well already, and was fully capable of doing them non-verbally too. She hopped up and went over to the box to pick out more fabric and cut outs and made quick work of cutting off some pieces, alternating diffindo and flipnsnipwitit and making sure to get the wand movements perfect - diffindo with the v and downward curve, and flipnsnipwitit with the karate chop style motion.

She wasn't particularly fussy about which bits to cut off, though she made sure the size was right. All in all Charlotte ended up with a whole range of colours and textures and bounced back to her seat with a rainbow stack, all ready to go.

She busied herself with the cutouts. Hearts and stars were good. And she went ahead with her thoughts from earlier from watching Henry with his heart cut out, and used suturis to stitch out their initials on each of the hearts too, her head bending over as she worked. By the time she was done, there were five star cut outs on various colours, interspersed with four hearts, each with variations of 'C.K + H.W = 4eva' 'Char <3s Henry' and the like. There. Done.

She nudged over to Henry and looked at him expectantly.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Old 09-30-2017, 01:00 PM   #143 (permalink)

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default Activity Post 3 - Ava still <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Fancy tying the knot with me?

Huh? There was a guy calling out her name and asked that question. For a moment, Ava would hope that it was her boyfriend because... You know. But she recognized Phillip's voice and that was not him. Ah. bummer. But then... if he was the one to ask that and by tying the knot he meant... you know? "Oh, hey Remy!" She said and giggled to the Hufflepuff boy. "I should tell you that Phillip might not approve you say that but thankfully you're into guys so.. I think he will be okay." Hehehe. Very nice, Remy Edwards.

"And I would love to, by the way." To stitch her quilt together with him, obviously. "Do you want to do the honors?" Or should Ava did the stitch to combine their pattern? Either way, she wouldn't mind. The colors of his quilt and hers would be kind of clashed but it wouldn't matter.
Chuckling, Remy leant his thigh against the edge of Ava’s desk, looking down at the seated Lion. Chuckling, he shook his head. ”I’m sure he’ll understand… after all, my boyfriend wouldn’t be happy either.” A cheeky wink was sent her way, before he moved slightly to sit down on the edge of her table. Sorry, Professor. He’s just too tall to look down at anyone who was sitting on a chair.

”Sounds great. Do you want to stitch half each?” He grinned at the girl. ”Just so we can’t be told that we were supposed to use teamwork, or something?!” The man chuckled as he moved to hold both his square and Ava’s together so that she could start her stitching charm. Then, she could hold it and he’d finish it up. Plan!
Old 09-30-2017, 01:18 PM   #144 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5
Default Ava & Remy?

Shay had finished her quilt, but she needed to attach it to someone else's. Looking around the classroom, everyone seemed busy and partnered up. It seemed that she was going to have to crash someone's group of two to get this thing done. Then she found the perfect subjects, she hoped. Shay walked over to Ava and Remy and made her pitch. "Mind if I crash your little twosome? Would it be ok if I attached my quilt to one of yours?" Please, please pretty please? If not, it was totally cool. Shay would just turn her section in to Professor Marchand and all would be well.

You are Salt!
Old 09-30-2017, 01:40 PM   #145 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
Default open for 1 more spot to join the quilt :3

Quote:
Chuckling, Remy leant his thigh against the edge of Ava’s desk, looking down at the seated Lion. Chuckling, he shook his head. ”I’m sure he’ll understand… after all, my boyfriend wouldn’t be happy either.” A cheeky wink was sent her way, before he moved slightly to sit down on the edge of her table. Sorry, Professor. He’s just too tall to look down at anyone who was sitting on a chair.

”Sounds great. Do you want to stitch half each?” He grinned at the girl. ”Just so we can’t be told that we were supposed to use teamwork, or something?!” The man chuckled as he moved to hold both his square and Ava’s together so that she could start her stitching charm. Then, she could hold it and he’d finish it up. Plan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
Shay had finished her quilt, but she needed to attach it to someone else's. Looking around the classroom, everyone seemed busy and partnered up. It seemed that she was going to have to crash someone's group of two to get this thing done. Then she found the perfect subjects, she hoped. Shay walked over to Ava and Remy and made her pitch. "Mind if I crash your little twosome? Would it be ok if I attached my quilt to one of yours?" Please, please pretty please? If not, it was totally cool. Shay would just turn her section in to Professor Marchand and all would be well.
Oh right... Remy does have a boyfriend and Ava forget about that. Up until now, she often referred him as Olly's ex-boyfriend... Although she had never said it out loud because pretty sure the Slytherin prefect would be mad and all pouty at her. "Yeah, let's just keep that commitment to our boyfriends." They were too young to talk about this, after all.

Grabbing her quilt, The Gryffindor tried to arrange it with Remy's. "Okay then. I'll take care of this side and you'll manage the rest. Shall we use the whipped stitch?" She asked while her wand was ready to perform the charm. But before she stitched them up, there was one person asking them if she could join. "Oh well.... I don't mind at all." Ava answered as she nudged the Hufflepuff boy. How could she ditched Shay from this? But now, they had one more problem. "If there is one more person joining us, we could have a huge square quilt... Although a huge rectangular one also works though." Which means... Anyone else want to join their team?

Old 09-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #146 (permalink)

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default Activity Post 4 - Ava and Shay and room for someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
Quote:
Oh right... Remy does have a boyfriend and Ava forget about that. Up until now, she often referred him as Olly's ex-boyfriend... Although she had never said it out loud because pretty sure the Slytherin prefect would be mad and all pouty at her. "Yeah, let's just keep that commitment to our boyfriends." They were too young to talk about this, after all.

Grabbing her quilt, The Gryffindor tried to arrange it with Remy's. "Okay then. I'll take care of this side and you'll manage the rest. Shall we use the whipped stitch?" She asked while her wand was ready to perform the charm. But before she stitched them up, there was one person asking them if she could join. "Oh well.... I don't mind at all." Ava answered as she nudged the Hufflepuff boy. How could she ditched Shay from this? But now, they had one more problem. "If there is one more person joining us, we could have a huge square quilt... Although a huge rectangular one also works though." Which means... Anyone else want to join their team?
Remy nodded. ”Sure, I don’t mind which stitch we use. I can do either.” He nodded, smiling at the Gryffindor as he held the two pieces together for her. He watched her lift her wand, only for Shay to interrupt them before they could get anything done. Not that it mattered, they were supposed to join all of their pieces together anyway - why should it matter if they started with three, instead of two?

”Of course.” He said with a grin. ”Where do you want to put yours?” He asked Shay, as he motioned for Ava to start stitching their pieces together. Teamwork and all that jazz. ”Do you want to put yours to the side of one of ours, or under/above it?” He asked - after all, there were technically six options for where to put her quilt piece.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #147 (permalink)

Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jordyn Guidry
Graduated
x5

SPOILER!!: Ava
Quote:

SPOILER!!: Remy
Quote:
Remy nodded. ”Sure, I don’t mind which stitch we use. I can do either.” He nodded, smiling at the Gryffindor as he held the two pieces together for her. He watched her lift her wand, only for Shay to interrupt them before they could get anything done. Not that it mattered, they were supposed to join all of their pieces together anyway - why should it matter if they started with three, instead of two?

”Of course.” He said with a grin. ”Where do you want to put yours?” He asked Shay, as he motioned for Ava to start stitching their pieces together. Teamwork and all that jazz. ”Do you want to put yours to the side of one of ours, or under/above it?” He asked - after all, there were technically six options for where to put her quilt piece.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Shay now had a group to join. "Thanks guys. I really appreciate you letting me join you." Shay watched as her two new partners arranged their quilts. When Remy asked her a question, she thought about it for a moment. "Hmmmm. I think I will put my square beneath one of yours. That way if anyone else wants to join. They can fill in the missing spot." Since Ava had asked if anyone else wanted to join, Shay decided to choose that option. "Why don't you two sew your pieces together, then I'll add mine to the bottom.". Good plan? Yes. Ok.

You are Salt!
Old 09-30-2017, 02:52 PM   #148 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Aha! SHE KNEW IT WOULD BE A QUILT! That was awesome! Well the only person she wanted to make something like that with was the Head Boy over there. She waggled her little finger at him as discreetly as possible, not wanting to catch her mum's attention at all. She was definitely planning on joining her squares to his!

As for the spells, Charlotte didn't need to practice these ones. Diffindo or Flipnsnipwitit. She knew both very well already, and was fully capable of doing them non-verbally too. She hopped up and went over to the box to pick out more fabric and cut outs and made quick work of cutting off some pieces, alternating diffindo and flipnsnipwitit and making sure to get the wand movements perfect - diffindo with the v and downward curve, and flipnsnipwitit with the karate chop style motion.

She wasn't particularly fussy about which bits to cut off, though she made sure the size was right. All in all Charlotte ended up with a whole range of colours and textures and bounced back to her seat with a rainbow stack, all ready to go.

She busied herself with the cutouts. Hearts and stars were good. And she went ahead with her thoughts from earlier from watching Henry with his heart cut out, and used suturis to stitch out their initials on each of the hearts too, her head bending over as she worked. By the time she was done, there were five star cut outs on various colours, interspersed with four hearts, each with variations of 'C.K + H.W = 4eva' 'Char <3s Henry' and the like. There. Done.

She nudged over to Henry and looked at him expectantly.
Once he gathered enough fabric and cutouts, Henry caught sight of Charlotte on her way to get her own supplies. He smiled at the finger wiggle and gave her a discreet one of his own as he headed back to his seat.

Now to get to work. Henry was planning on giving Char his heart before he knew they were going to be creating one large, collaborative piece. But he thought he could alter his plans slightly, still giving it the same sort of meaning, and maybe attach his finished piece to hers. Hopefully he did it justice though because it didn't seem that stitching spells were quite his forte.

He first laid out all his pieces on his desk, with his stitched heart square off to the side for now. Henry decided he'd stitch stars to the four corner pieces, leave the pieces in between those ones blank, and keep the heart in the middle. That seemed to be a pleasing design. He set about cutting the large piece of fabric into eight pieces, making sure they were all the same size as his original square and using a nonverbal Diffindo. Once they were all cut, he arranged them all in the design he envisioned.

Next, Henry started stitching the stars to each of four squares using Suturis Flagellum. It seemed to take quite a bit of time and patience to
finish all four of them, but he seemed to be getting a little better at it by the end, even if none of them looked anything close to perfect. He used the same spell to slowly attach each of the squares together, until he had a nine-square... well, square. Or close to a square, he supposed. Henry wouldn't say that he got everything lined up exactly but it was close enough. And a few finishing touches were left when he heard the ten minute warning.

He used Suturis next to stitch his name on the blank square at the bottom, under the square with the heart - Henry Whittebrook, Hufflepuff Class of 2094. At least that was legible. And for the heart in the center, he used the stitching spell to write Henry + Charlotte. Perfect. He smiled at his effort then looked up to see if Char would want to attach theirs together, only to see her already at his side.

"Hey," he grinned at her. "I was just going to go find you.." His eyes fell on her portion of the class quilt. "Wow... nice work. I really like what you did with it." He really, really liked all the additions she made with the hearts and stitched words. "I think it might go pretty well with mine, if you'd want to stitch ours together." He held his up to show her, knowing that her craftsmanship was much better but hoping she'd appreciate his effort.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 09-30-2017, 03:11 PM   #149 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Time's up! :)

Gaston was prepared for sass or at least more cat sounds when he gave Mr. Kingsman detention, but to his surprise and relief, that didn't happen. He watched as he gathered some fabric and started on the activity. He smiled, impressed by the boy's spellwork. "Very good, Mr. Kingsman," he said, placing a vial of pumpkin ink on his desk. "You've picked up on that spell very quickly."

He meandered between the rows, handing out pumpkin ink to the students who hadn't yet earned a vial and offering praise as he went. "Excellent job, Miss Diggory. You too, Miss Holden!" He gave each of the girls a beam. Miss Kettleburn and Mr. Whittebrook also earned a smile from the professor, though he chose not to interrupt their work by speaking up. Miss Sparkes was doing very well too. "Nicely done, Miss Sparkes, And I like that design." Then his eyes fell to Mr. Edwards, Miss Burton, and Miss Morrison. "Great progress, you three! I like the teamwork I'm seeing!"

After a few minutes, he looked at his watch again. Class was over... thank goodness! He adored his job, but this had been a little too much chaos at one time for him. He was definitely going to need some time to unwind after this! "TIME IS UP, CLASS!" he announced. "Excellent work, all of you! I'm very impressed with the progress I've seen. Please leave your fabric squares here so they can be added to the quilt, and if you didn't get a vial of pumpkin ink yet, see me on your way out." He didn't think he'd missed anybody, but just in case...

"Class is dismissed; you may go."

OOC: Thanks for coming to my lesson! I'll leave the thread open for ANOTHER 24-ISH HOURS for those who want to post thier charries leaving.