Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 736 users online including...
Austinwals , Leontca , Ronaldsnut , Kimothy , Alexrut , Michailgcx

7 members
729 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 11:52 AM

Default Balcony

The balcony located on the fourth floor is one of the few balconies in the castle. In an opening along the corridor, on the opposite side of the castle from the library, is where you can find this particular balcony. If you ever need a break from doing that lengthy Arithmancy homework or need a place to relax with a friend, this balcony is a great place to get a few minutes of fresh air before getting back to work again.

You will notice that you are approaching the balcony when you can feel a slight change in temperature. During the autumn and spring seasons, the breezes that come through this opening are inviting. The winter months, however, bring forth a chill, even with the nearby torches being lit. No matter the temperature, the fourth-floor balcony always provides some of the most breathtaking sights of the grounds below and mountains beyond as well as a clear view of the Whomping Willow in all of her glory. Keep note that it does get a little wet here when it rains, so make sure you conjure an umbrella.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
x5
Default Open/Davina
Let your light shine || Be the sun || You're important. Always.

Farah had been at this castle for years. YEARS. Well, not since her first year, but still. She'd been here for years but she still hadnt been throughout the whole castle.

But she wanted somewhere to be alone. Somewhere that the rest of the castle wasn't all up in her business. She needed space.

So she ventured throughout the castel because she had the time and came across this balcony. Holy Merlin. It was beautiful. Farah's mouth dropped as she looked around and went up to the railing to look at the view. And the best part??

No one else was here.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & MO
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Belle Bellaire-Moore
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tyler James Bellaire

x1 x3
Frangelina || twitter addict || Music of the Sun || The Fresh Princess of Bellaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCoeur View Post
Farah had been at this castle for years. YEARS. Well, not since her first year, but still. She'd been here for years but she still hadnt been throughout the whole castle.

But she wanted somewhere to be alone. Somewhere that the rest of the castle wasn't all up in her business. She needed space.

So she ventured throughout the castel because she had the time and came across this balcony. Holy Merlin. It was beautiful. Farah's mouth dropped as she looked around and went up to the railing to look at the view. And the best part??

No one else was here.
Magnolia needed alone time. Having two sibling at Hogwarts, both younger than her, meant that she always always needed to find somewhere secluded to escape.

She loved her siblings but they could be a bit much...especially Jayce.

The RavenClaw sighed heavily when she approached /her/ spot and saw that someone had beaten her there.

Darn It.

It was still better than a crowded common room so she continued towards the balcony.

"Farah??" She'd never seen her up here before.

"You found my spot."

...Throw me to the wolves and I'll return leading the pack...
Old 01-28-2019, 02:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
x5
Let your light shine || Be the sun || You're important. Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvy_Wavvy View Post
Magnolia needed alone time. Having two sibling at Hogwarts, both younger than her, meant that she always always needed to find somewhere secluded to escape.

She loved her siblings but they could be a bit much...especially Jayce.

The RavenClaw sighed heavily when she approached /her/ spot and saw that someone had beaten her there.

Darn It.

It was still better than a crowded common room so she continued towards the balcony.

"Farah??" She'd never seen her up here before.

"You found my spot."

The peace and quiet was very much needed. Sometimes so much was going on that she didn’t have time to think. This place was a diamond in the ruff.

Until she heard a voice.

Looking up, Farah was going to sigh buuuut seeing Mags, she couldn’t. The girl was one of her favorites. “Your spot?? I don’t see your name on it.” Farah said teasingly. “I didn’t know this place existed. Think you can share?” Farah said leaning against the banister again.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
Default Kate!/Lucas!
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Indigo needed someplace to think. Someplace quiet where he wouldn't be bothered by other people. His dorm just wouldn't do, because there were people there. One certain person, in fact, whose presence tended to distract him sometimes. So it was best to stay away for now. As he was wondering, looking for just the right place, his eyes landed on the balcony and his feet carried him before he had even fully formed the thought. It was winter now, which meant it was a bit chilly and this balcony probably wasn't used as often as it would be otherwise. Indigo had a jacket, and the cold didn't necessarily bother him. Maybe it would even be useful to jump start his brain. That was how he found himself standing on the balcony, sitting with his back against the castle, staring out over the grounds.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Indigo needed someplace to think. Someplace quiet where he wouldn't be bothered by other people. His dorm just wouldn't do, because there were people there. One certain person, in fact, whose presence tended to distract him sometimes. So it was best to stay away for now. As he was wondering, looking for just the right place, his eyes landed on the balcony and his feet carried him before he had even fully formed the thought. It was winter now, which meant it was a bit chilly and this balcony probably wasn't used as often as it would be otherwise. Indigo had a jacket, and the cold didn't necessarily bother him. Maybe it would even be useful to jump start his brain. That was how he found himself standing on the balcony, sitting with his back against the castle, staring out over the grounds.
Lucas had nowhere particular in mind to go, but he knew he was trying to find Indigo. And he had checked just about everywhere, too. He had just turn the corner to make his way to this part of the castle when he saw INdigo's heel! And he disappeared onto the balcony--Lucas sped-walked his way to his best mate.

"Ay, Indigo!" he said as the wind blowing across the balcony hit him in the face. "BURRRRR mate it's COLD--" he shivered as he plopped down next to him. "I was just coming to find you, actually. I need...help." He slumped his shoulders.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 02-08-2019, 01:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Lucas had nowhere particular in mind to go, but he knew he was trying to find Indigo. And he had checked just about everywhere, too. He had just turn the corner to make his way to this part of the castle when he saw INdigo's heel! And he disappeared onto the balcony--Lucas sped-walked his way to his best mate.

"Ay, Indigo!" he said as the wind blowing across the balcony hit him in the face. "BURRRRR mate it's COLD--" he shivered as he plopped down next to him. "I was just coming to find you, actually. I need...help." He slumped his shoulders.
Indigo almost scowled when somebody joined him on the balcony. The reason he was here was because he wanted to get away from people. But then he saw it was Lucas and he relaxed a little. Fine, that was fine. If it had been pretty much anyone else he would have been upset but Lucas was his best mate so he wasn't too upset at him showing up. "Hi Lucas." Yeah, it was a bit cold, but it wasn't bothering Indigo that much actually. "Oh. Okay. Uh... with what?" This was fine. Maybe helping Lucas with whatever his problem was would be a good distraction and get him out of his own head.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Indigo almost scowled when somebody joined him on the balcony. The reason he was here was because he wanted to get away from people. But then he saw it was Lucas and he relaxed a little. Fine, that was fine. If it had been pretty much anyone else he would have been upset but Lucas was his best mate so he wasn't too upset at him showing up. "Hi Lucas." Yeah, it was a bit cold, but it wasn't bothering Indigo that much actually. "Oh. Okay. Uh... with what?" This was fine. Maybe helping Lucas with whatever his problem was would be a good distraction and get him out of his own head.
"So...you know how we were talking about me not getting into universities the other day?" he asked as he covered his ears with his hands. He was not at all prepared for the cold. He had left his mittens and gloves and earmuffs in his dorm! His ears were turning tomato red in the cold. "Well I've got a plan. And it might sound dumb but i think it might actually work..." he glanced Indigo's way. "Hear me out, okay?"

He took a deeeeeeep breath.

"I think...we should write fake letters. Like, rejection letters to me. And I won't actually apply to ANY schools....that way, when I'm ready to apply, like--way later--I won't have any problems. We just need some letters from the school to mimic the format and stuff...copy the letterheads...I mean...how hard can it be? We've got magic right???" He raised his eyebrows.

Honestly, he felt like it was a perfect plan but it could ALSO go wrong easily IF they weren't careful.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

Indigo nodded. He did remember that conversation and Lucas' university problem. Lucas didn't want to go to university but his parents were going to make him. It was quite a conundrum. And as a good friend, Indigo wanted to help him. He hadn't been able to come up with ideas but he was glad that Lucas had one. He was totally prepared to hear him out, even if it was going to be completely crazy.

"Huh." He was quiet for a moment as he processed that plan, and the implications. It was definitely an out there idea, but if it was what Lucas wanted Indigo was going to help him. And he had to admit, it sounded like it would actually work. "Okay, I get it. That could work. I don't think your parents would necessarily know what each university's specific letterhead would look like, but it would still probably be best to make it look authentic. We could maybe ask some other seventh years who have received acceptances? And mimic that and just change the words."

"Is there any reason why you think your parents might contact schools about you being rejected?" That was the biggest problem he could foresee with this plan, but he wasn't sure how likely it was.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Lucas pursed his lips in though and ruffled his hair as Indigo finished speaking. "I don't think my parents would necessarily know if letterhead...but the more official and REAL it looks...the better, in my opinion. They have no reason to think I'd lie to them because....as far as they know, I've never done so before." He sighed a little and let his shoulders slump once more. "Which is another thing...a tiny...TINY part of me....feels so wrong about even doing all of this rather than being upfront but...they won't LISTEN to me, you know?" And he was TIRED of his words falling on deaf ears. It was like living with people who didn't even know him anymore, in a way.

He shook his head at Indi's question. "Nah. I don't think so. Again, they have no reason not to believe me. I just...need to become a really good actor...fast.." he wasn't terrible but he had to keep a straight face with all the questions he'd get from them when he began to receive all these rejections. "I think I should tell them I'm only applying to three schools...so when I don't get into any...they'll just be annoyed I didn't apply to more." He shrugged.

And then, he had another gut-wrenching thought. "Indigo...will Violet think this is a bad idea?" Would she think he was a bad person for lying????

Old 02-17-2019, 03:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

Indigo nodded. The benefit of never trying to get away with anything before is that it made this easier. Though he understood that Lucas would feel guilty about the deception. "Well, doing this isn't your first choice, obviously. Of course everything would be easier if they'd listen to you but if they absolutely aren't going to, then you have to do what you have to do." Indigo hadn't really settled on whether or not he really thought this was a good idea. It didn't really matter either way, because the important thing was that he supported Lucas, and if this was what he wanted to do then Indigo was going to help them. He understood him not wanting to go to university right away, as he was feeling very anxious about that whole thing as well. The advantage of having a family that didn't really care about him was that, well, they wouldn't care whatever he decided to do.

"Which schools?" They could get started on making the fake rejection letters. In addition to being a helpful excuse, applying to only three schools would mean less work for them. After a moment, something else occurred to him. "What are you going to do next year instead of university?" He couldn't remember if he'd asked that before.

At his last question, Indigo just shrugged. "I dunno. You'd have to talk to her, I guess."