sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1371 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Svetlufy , Michailcgn , Svetlpuj , astrocat , Stevendalo , Zoe , BrandonDar

10 members
1361 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 50: September - December 2018

Term 50: September - December 2018 Term Fifty: Austere Academy (Sept 2096 - June 2097)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 02:25 AM

Default Tea and Meditation Chamber

When you enter the room, you immediately notice the odd shape. It isn’t an ordinary four walled room. In fact, it’s a decagon. One wall serves as the entryway, the other nine are numbered from one to nine and have a muted color scheme tying into the number. Various soft pillows, cushions, and lounge chairs are scattered throughout the room, giving you the perfect place to sit and contemplate the future.

In the very center of the room is a station filled with various styles of tea kettles, cups, and saucers along with an endless supply of almost boiling water. The perfect temperature for brewing each of the available teas and herbs.

Big test coming up? Not getting along with your housemates? Will you earn a place on the Quidditch team? No matter what the problem is, there is a tea that can help. Use the chart displayed at the center station to work out what number of tea best fits what you are trying to foresee.

SPOILER!!: Tea and herb recommendations

1: color RED -Independence
Key Words: Pioneering spirit, direction, strong-willed, originality, innovative, ambitious, courageous, determined, adventure, and symbolic of beginnings.
TEA/HERBS: Dandelion root tea, sage, ginger and elderflowers

2: color ORANGE - Harmony
Key Words: Sensitive, feminine, consideration, diplomacy, receptive, patient, balance, loving, cooperative, flexibility, caution, intuition, relationship conscious.
TEA/HERBS: Calendula flowers and hibiscus tea

3: color YELLOW - Joyful Self-Expression
Key Words: Creative, optimism, gift with words, enthusiasm, wit, ease, animated, imaginative, dramatic, emotional, self-expression, charity, generosity.
TEA/HERBS: Rosemary- culinary or as a tea, fennel root or essential oil and cinnamon

4: color GREEN - Stability and Security
Key Words: Hard work, planning, cautious, conventional, management and order, building, symbolizes putting things into form, foundation, organization, power, practical, wisdom.
TEA/HERBS: Hawthorn Berry- consume as a tea

5: color BLUE - Change Is the Name of the Game
Key Words: Freedom, change, progressive, curious, investigative, rebellious, unconventional, resourceful, visionary, expansion, movement, healing, mercy.
TEA/HERBS: Red clover blossom- drink as a tea or elixir.

6: color INDIGO - Comforting and Responsible
Key Words: Duty and responsibility, love of family, humanitarian, artistic, nurturing, balanced, community service, protector, provider, passion, grace, simplicity, intuition, sympathy, marriage number.
TEA/HERBS: Mint- consume as a tea or chopped fresh in food.

7: color VIOLET - Analytical and Mystical
Key Words: Intellectual, inner wisdom, scientific-technological minded, metaphysical and occult mysteries, loner, eccentric, intuitive, private, skeptical, reserved, analyst, education, calculation, logic, ritual, reason, dignity.
TEA/HERB: Lavender- consume as a tea or in cooking (make sure it’s culinary). The essential oil of lavender is also beneficial. Lotus root and petals can also be effective.

8: color ROSE - Power, Money, and Success
Key Words: Authority, achievement, money karma, problem solver, power, expansion, business, mastery, manifestation, skill, efficiency, status, appearance, material.
TEA/HERBS: Valerian or passion flower tea

9: color PURE WHITE - Completion and Compassion
Key Words: Endings, universal oneness, highly intuitive, fortunate, multi-talented, perfection, dramatic, artistic, spiritual, compassion, humanitarian, benevolence, dedication, impersonality, the Higher self, self-sacrifice, suffering.
TEA/HERBS: Black Dragon Pearl, Earl Grey, Keemun, and Chai
Old 09-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Jammy and Foster <333
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Kay was missing Laurel. The former Divination professor had been the last of her three best friends to remain teaching at Hogwarts up until last term. But with her gone now, Kay felt slightly friendless. Not that she didn’t have friends on staff... there was always Tristan, Kalen and Gaston but definitely not Joshua. It was barely the start of the term and she had already had enough of him. If the room Laurel had set up for the kiddos to do various forms of readings still stood, she would have gone there. As it was, Calvin had gotten rid of it.

Instead, Kay found herself wandering to Foster’s. She had heard there was a tea room and figured that it was the closest thing to Laurel’s. Arriving there, she tilted her head in surprise at the shape of the room. This was certainly a nice and interesting twist. Upon entering, she found that she was right. The cushions and tea were there, all right. Also, it was a room where predictions of some sort could be made.

Kay knew what she wanted. Tea, of course!

But which flavour?

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-05-2018, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default Ali!!! Professor Stewart
| Ravenpuff | Part Ninja | Boat Rocker | Exhausted Pigeon |

Not particularly enjoying the hostile atmosphere of the Hogwarts corridors, and tiring of his office, Foster headed to the Tea and Meditation room for a cup of tea. His office was stocked with several varieties, but nothing compared to the selection of the Meditation room.

Upon entering, he immediately noticed a friendly face. “Well hello, Professor Stewart. What a pleasant surprise.” His delight was evident on his face and his step lightened as he approached his colleague and, hopefully, friend. With a flick of his wand, his two favorite tea cups floated off the upper shelf and gently landed on the tea cart in the middle of the room.

“Would you care for a cup of tea?” He was already surveying the room for the perfect blend. Balance and harmony needed to be restored and he had just the hibiscus mint tea to help.

As the tea leaves and herbs deposited themselves in the tea infuser, he turned to Kay “I don’t mean to speak out of turn, but do you have any insight as to what is going on with the change of leadership? Is Headmistress Hawthorne unwell?” It was really the only explanation he could come up with. Their few encounters had seemed by the book, but he hadn’t been around the previous years.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Fosterrrr! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchwoodmom View Post
Not particularly enjoying the hostile atmosphere of the Hogwarts corridors, and tiring of his office, Foster headed to the Tea and Meditation room for a cup of tea. His office was stocked with several varieties, but nothing compared to the selection of the Meditation room.

Upon entering, he immediately noticed a friendly face. “Well hello, Professor Stewart. What a pleasant surprise.” His delight was evident on his face and his step lightened as he approached his colleague and, hopefully, friend. With a flick of his wand, his two favorite tea cups floated off the upper shelf and gently landed on the tea cart in the middle of the room.

“Would you care for a cup of tea?” He was already surveying the room for the perfect blend. Balance and harmony needed to be restored and he had just the hibiscus mint tea to help.

As the tea leaves and herbs deposited themselves in the tea infuser, he turned to Kay “I don’t mean to speak out of turn, but do you have any insight as to what is going on with the change of leadership? Is Headmistress Hawthorne unwell?” It was really the only explanation he could come up with. Their few encounters had seemed by the book, but he hadn’t been around the previous years.

Kay had never been more indecisive in her life and to think it was deciding over which flavour of TEA to get... not some life or death situation. It was the warm, friendly voice that drew her attention away. “How many times do I need to tell me that you should call me Kay. Or Kaysha at the very least,’’ she chided Foster. It wasn’t a harsh chide because she was of course, smiling. Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see the tea cups float onto a cart.

“Please and thank you, Professor Davis,’’ Kaysha said, continuing the trend of using his last name as well. It was something she would do until he relented and began using her first name. Foster, it seemed, had solved her problem of tea flavour. Excellent!

When the topic of Regina, Kay shook her head slowly. “Not that I know of. If she was unwell, I think she would have said something to the Staff at the most. From what I can see, it’s because of the events that happened last year. The Inferi attack... I trust you know all about that?’’ What had happened the previous terms strongly would also be a factor. Even the times she had been possessed... she probably wasn’t going to tell Foster about that.

It was too embarrassing.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 09-10-2018, 03:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

SPOILER!!: Professor Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Kay had never been more indecisive in her life and to think it was deciding over which flavour of TEA to get... not some life or death situation. It was the warm, friendly voice that drew her attention away. “How many times do I need to tell me that you should call me Kay. Or Kaysha at the very least,’’ she chided Foster. It wasn’t a harsh chide because she was of course, smiling. Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see the tea cups float onto a cart.

“Please and thank you, Professor Davis,’’ Kaysha said, continuing the trend of using his last name as well. It was something she would do until he relented and began using her first name. Foster, it seemed, had solved her problem of tea flavour. Excellent!

When the topic of Regina, Kay shook her head slowly. “Not that I know of. If she was unwell, I think she would have said something to the Staff at the most. From what I can see, it’s because of the events that happened last year. The Inferi attack... I trust you know all about that?’’ What had happened the previous terms strongly would also be a factor. Even the times she had been possessed... she probably wasn’t going to tell Foster about that.

It was too embarrassing.

He just smiled at her name comment and continued with preparing the tea. She was a lady and deserved to be treated with respect. The aroma of the mint leaves steeping filled the air and he took a deep, soothing breath in. He gently pour the two cups full and held one out for Kay to take. "I do hope you enjoy it, Professor Stewart. It’s one of my favorites."

Foster walked the few steps over to one of the low tables and placed his cup and saucer down before folding his long legs under him and gesturing an invite for Kay to join him. The cushions were even more comfortable than they appeared and he could feel his entire body relaxing. It was a shame that their conversation wasn’t over a lighter topic.

“That’s both comforting and disturbing to hear. I’m glad to know that she is of sound mind and body, but something off is happening here and I feel rather caught in the middle.” He took a sip of the tea. “I did hear about the Inferi attack and the mysterious circumstances prompting the entire event. Professor Wayland kindly filled me in on a few more of the details.” His head shook. “I’ll say the same to you as I told him, I’m all for rules and order, but I’m not okay with students being harmed, physically or mentally, to achieve those goals.” He sat his cup down with a little too much enthusiasm and tea sloshed out onto the table. After taking a few deep, calming breaths and wiping up the mess, he looked into Kay’s eyes. “Who should I believe? Who do I trust?” He hoped her answer would be that he could trust and believe her. It was the answer he wanted more than anything else and every ounce of his body was telling him she was the one to stand beside.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1
Default After class clean up!
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Davis!
Without interrupting the other students during their demonstrations, Foster quietly walked over to Max and gave him his instructions. "Before leaving, please roll up the yoga mats, then stack them in the back cart." He gestured towards the small cart in the far back corner sitting next to a stack of floor cushions. "Once that's finished, bring out the cushions and place them around the room. After that, you are free to leave. Please do try to be more prompt for your classes in the future." He hated having the young man clean up, but it was far better than a detention.
It was a small price to pay for being late really and it was tons better than an out of hours detention so Max simply nodded when Professor Davis instructed him what to do. "Yes, Sir...." Roll and stack up the yoga mats and then put down some cushions. Sounded simple enough really. In fact, he quite liked cleaning so it wasn't really THAT much of a punishment.

The main punishment here was that he wasn't going to have enough time for a snack between classes.

"Am I allowed to use magic....?" Because that would make things much quicker. He reckoned he already knew the answer, but it was worth a shot.

_____________Take part in our Higgledy Piggledy House Cup!
Old 10-21-2018, 04:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office
Default sorry for the slow reply, my kids and I have been sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
It was a small price to pay for being late really and it was tons better than an out of hours detention so Max simply nodded when Professor Davis instructed him what to do. "Yes, Sir...." Roll and stack up the yoga mats and then put down some cushions. Sounded simple enough really. In fact, he quite liked cleaning so it wasn't really THAT much of a punishment.

The main punishment here was that he wasn't going to have enough time for a snack between classes.

"Am I allowed to use magic....?" Because that would make things much quicker. He reckoned he already knew the answer, but it was worth a shot.

Foster gave a quiet chuckle. "No magic for this task. I trust that after all those morning runs, you will be able to finish without much difficulty." Maybe there was something good to come from the early morning workouts after all.

He made his way to the side of the room and started tidying up the papers the students had turned in. After he finished those, he moved on to cleaning up the changing area.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1

Quote:
Foster gave a quiet chuckle. "No magic for this task. I trust that after all those morning runs, you will be able to finish without much difficulty." Maybe there was something good to come from the early morning workouts after all.

He made his way to the side of the room and started tidying up the papers the students had turned in. After he finished those, he moved on to cleaning up the changing area.
Should've known.

"All those morning runs make things more difficult,"
Max said in reply as he moved to start rolling up the nearest couple of yoga mats. He eyed Professor Davis nervously, wondering if he'd spoken out of turn. The last thing he needed was Scrimgeour finding out that he'd been moaning about S.O.R.E.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Should've known.

"All those morning runs make things more difficult,"
Max said in reply as he moved to start rolling up the nearest couple of yoga mats. He eyed Professor Davis nervously, wondering if he'd spoken out of turn. The last thing he needed was Scrimgeour finding out that he'd been moaning about S.O.R.E.
That was not what he wanted to hear. Yet another student that was being harmed instead of helped and encouraged. He caught the uncomfortable look on Max's face. "Whatever is said in here, stays in here." Foster shook his head. "I know this has been a...difficult...year. I didn't have the pleasure of being a part of how things used to be, but I've heard great things." He started wiping the chalkboard down by hand. "Hear me when I say that things will change. I will make sure of it." He tried to remain vague enough that if Scrimgeour or another of the new professors ever questioned Max, he wouldn't need to feel like he had to hide anything.

"How are the rest of your classes going? Have you been able to keep up with the work load?"
Old 10-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1

Quote:
That was not what he wanted to hear. Yet another student that was being harmed instead of helped and encouraged. He caught the uncomfortable look on Max's face. "Whatever is said in here, stays in here." Foster shook his head. "I know this has been a...difficult...year. I didn't have the pleasure of being a part of how things used to be, but I've heard great things." He started wiping the chalkboard down by hand. "Hear me when I say that things will change. I will make sure of it." He tried to remain vague enough that if Scrimgeour or another of the new professors ever questioned Max, he wouldn't need to feel like he had to hide anything.

"How are the rest of your classes going? Have you been able to keep up with the work load?"

Max continued to dutifully roll up the yoga mats, shooting Professor Davis a wary glance every now and then. Especially when the older man went and said that whatever was said in here, stays in here. He would say that.... maybe this was a trap. A trap to get him to speak ill of the new faculty and face a punishment worse than cleaning up after class.

Nope, he wasn't gonna fall for it. Nice try, Professor.

"My classes are going great, Sir. No complaints here. The workload is absolutely fine." Not strictly true. Things had started going downhill this term. He'd started failing assignments, falling behind in classes and NOW he'd been late to lesson. "The Headmaster is just looking out for all of our best interests." HAH! "I hope I didn't come across as ungrateful or anything."

There, report that back to your boss. Hmph.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:

Max continued to dutifully roll up the yoga mats, shooting Professor Davis a wary glance every now and then. Especially when the older man went and said that whatever was said in here, stays in here. He would say that.... maybe this was a trap. A trap to get him to speak ill of the new faculty and face a punishment worse than cleaning up after class.

Nope, he wasn't gonna fall for it. Nice try, Professor.

"My classes are going great, Sir. No complaints here. The workload is absolutely fine." Not strictly true. Things had started going downhill this term. He'd started failing assignments, falling behind in classes and NOW he'd been late to lesson. "The Headmaster is just looking out for all of our best interests." HAH! "I hope I didn't come across as ungrateful or anything."

There, report that back to your boss. Hmph.
He took a few slow, deep breaths while Max spoke. He could tell the young man wasn't being completely truthful, but he also knew that the conditions the students were under had to make them weary of all professors. He wished there had been a way to let Max know that he was not like the replacement professors.

"I'm glad to hear that, Mr. Carden." He casually brushed some chalk dust off his black yoga pants. "If you ever do find yourself in need of help, my door is always open. And, no, you didn't come across as ungrateful. Even if you had, you are welcome to express your feelings in here."

He glanced over at the work Mr. Carden had already completed and smiled. The young man was a hard worker and deserved better than how he was being treated.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Occamy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1

Quote:
He took a few slow, deep breaths while Max spoke. He could tell the young man wasn't being completely truthful, but he also knew that the conditions the students were under had to make them weary of all professors. He wished there had been a way to let Max know that he was not like the replacement professors.

"I'm glad to hear that, Mr. Carden." He casually brushed some chalk dust off his black yoga pants. "If you ever do find yourself in need of help, my door is always open. And, no, you didn't come across as ungrateful. Even if you had, you are welcome to express your feelings in here."

He glanced over at the work Mr. Carden had already completed and smiled. The young man was a hard worker and deserved better than how he was being treated.
Door always open? Welcome to express his feelings in here!?

Not wanting to find himself in even more trouble, Max had to try his very hardest not to scoff out loud at Professor Davis' words. The Professor did seem super genuine, but the Slytherin was still very wary and he found himself nodding and playing along. "Yes, Sir.... Appreciate it, Sir...."

"Do you uhhh... need me to do anything else?"
He asked as he set about quickly placing the cushions around the room. Hopefully there wasn't anything else because he was ready to get outta here.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

DMGS & MO
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kassandra Sutton
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
West Riedel
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Foster Davis
Minister's Office

Quote:
Door always open? Welcome to express his feelings in here!?

Not wanting to find himself in even more trouble, Max had to try his very hardest not to scoff out loud at Professor Davis' words. The Professor did seem super genuine, but the Slytherin was still very wary and he found himself nodding and playing along. "Yes, Sir.... Appreciate it, Sir...."

"Do you uhhh... need me to do anything else?"
He asked as he set about quickly placing the cushions around the room. Hopefully there wasn't anything else because he was ready to get outta here.
Foster smiled politely at the Slytherin Prefect, not wishing to make him feel any more uncomfortable than necessary. He knew what it felt like to be stuck, one on one, with a professor doing a task that he would never have done by choice. His eyes scanned the room, noting that all the mats and cushions were in their proper places. "No. That will be all. Thank you for your hard work and I do expect you to be on time to class from now on."

He really did hope Max would not be late for future classes. He wouldn't be able to get by not giving the young man detention the next time. Letting him off once was one thing, but word would surely get back to Scrimgeour if he let it slide again.