sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1149 users online including...
Antonioakb , DavidoosWef , Antoniovzm , Nymphadoraliz , Shawntzs

6 members
1143 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > St. Mungo's Hospital (Role-Playing) > Janus Thickey Ward

Janus Thickey Ward Has your role-play been affected by numerous spells and ran its course? If so, it will be kept here for permanent care.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-29-2016, 09:30 AM

Default The Private Lives of Gaston and Rosalyn

When Gaston Marchand took a teaching job at Hogwarts, he never imagined he would fall in love, but that's exactly what happened the moment he met Rosalyn Newton. Now they're officially a couple, but their love story is only just beginning.

Main Characters

Gaston Marchand - MadMadamMalfoy
Rosalyn Newton - WhittyBitty

Potential Guest Characters
(list can be added to/subtracted from as necessary)

Raoul Marchand - MadMadamMalfoy
Marceline Marchand - Jessiqua
Lucien Chevallier - MadMadamMalfoy
Mathilde "Tillie" Chevallier - emjay
Jerome Chevallier - WhittyBitty
Armand Fontaine - WhittyBitty
Edmond Fontaine - Bazinga
Prof. Andre Evremonde - MadMadamMalfoy
Manon Evremonde - SarcasticStrawberry

Scott Newton - Devina Wellheart
Joanna Newton - Devina Wellheart
Peter Newton - WhittyBitty
Henry Newton - FearlessLeader19
Joshua Newton- WhittyBitty
Walter Newton -
Samuel Newton -
Arthur Newton - Jessiqua
Johan Newton - RandomRaven
Josephina Newton - Jessiqua
Sidney Newton - Zoe
April Newton - MadMadamMalfoy

Scene one
Late Summer 2091: The two are in Gaston's office enjoying a cup of coffee before the start of a new term at Hogwarts. Little does Rosalyn know that Gaston has a surprise for her.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:11 AM   #51 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

The hand squeeze was nice because it told Rosalyn that Gaston was reassured; nothing bad had happened to her. She supposed that he was just scared that he might lose her, and that was certainly understandable after what had happened to one of his previous girlfriends. Then he kissed her hand and it distracted her from those thoughts, making her cheeks turn slightly red. Those gestures were always nice and something that she had never experienced before Gaston. Her ex-fiance had certainly never kissed her hand like that.

Anyway enough thinking about HIM.

Smiling, she watched as Gaston greeted his former professor. Evermonde certainly seemed to be a rather happy and excited person and Rosalyn could immediately see why he was regarded so highly by Gaston. "Ooh, I hope they were all good things." There was a twinkle in her eyes as she knew that he would only ever say good things about her. The next words out of his mouth caused her to laugh. "Very good things, as I am sure that you know." This man was very admired and it was just wonderful.

With another smile, she made her way into the carriage.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Sorry this is so short! Having major tech issues >_<
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Gaston smiled at Rose, and he couldn't help but giggle a little as he noticed her cheeks turn slightly red. That blush was too adorable! He gave her a quick, loving look, but any further romantic gestures would have to wait, as they were no longer alone.

Professor Evremonde's good-natured rebuke got a laugh from him. "More times than I can count," he replied jokingly. No matter how many times he was told, he couldn't bring himself to call his mentor by his first name. It just felt... wrong. Gaston was silent for a moment, pondering the best way to answer the question. "Things are great, thanks for asking," he replied, choosing not to tell Evremonde about the monster in the portal. He would probably panic and demand he return to Beauxbatons if he knew. He looked back at Rose and whispered in her ear, "How could they not be when I'm with you?"

Turning his attention back to Professor Evremonde, he added, "It's nice to get a break. After this, we're headed home to my parents." It would be their first time meeting Rose, but he was sure they would love her... especially his mother. He shook his head, pretending to be annoyed,
as he heard the exchange between his mentor and his fiance, but he was smiling. How could he say anything less than good about either of them?

He offered Rose a hand into the carriage, but she was already getting in without his help. He chuckled to himself. He should've guessed his Rose was too independent for that! Still, he was going to insist on helping her out when they got to the school. He settled in the seat beside her and gave her hand a little squeeze as the carriage took off.

Andre smiled. It was nice hearing Gaston laugh! The poor man always seemed so sad and wistful, even when he wasn't. The reply got a laugh from him as well. If eight years working side by side hadn't got him to drop the formalities, he knew nothing else would! "Good! I'm so glad Hogwarts is treating you well," he said, though the answer earned Gaston a skeptical eyebrow raise. He had the sneaking suspicion there was something he wasn't telling him, but that was a conversation for another time, he supposed.

He could already see why Gaston had fallen for Rosalyn. She was just as beautiful and kind as his letters described. And she had a sense of humor too! At least enough of one to know he was joking. He laughed. "Of course," he replied. "You should see all his letters going on and on about you... kind Rosalyn, smart Rosalyn... well, you get the idea."

He started to offer her his hand but thought Gaston would probably want to do that himself. He climbed into the carriage after his guests, closed the door behind him, and signaled to the horses. In no time, they were in the air flying closer to the school. The professor turned to Rosalyn. "As I'm sure you know, Beauxbatons was founded over 800 years ago," he said. "Some of our more famous alumni include Vincent Duc de Trefle-Picques, Luc Millefeuille, and of course, Nicholas Flamel. We have a fountain named for him here on the school grounds - as a matter of fact, we should be coming up on it about now." He pointed out the window to a majestic fountain.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 04-18-2018, 05:39 AM   #53 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

The loving glance from Gaston didn't go unnoticed, but of course Rosalyn knew better than to show blatant displays of affection in front of another person. Instead, she returned the glance, a huge smile on her face. It was nice to be able to get away from all their stress and worries even if it was just for a little while; of course that didn't stop her mind from jumping to the kids back at Hogwarts; they were on her mind all the time what with the monster and everything. Lost in thought, she was brought back to the present by Gaston's words. "You are way too good to me." And she would never understand what she had done to deserve it.

She wondered if his parents would think she was worthy of being with her son...

Rosalyn bit her lip at that thought and squeezed his hand. They would find out soon enough, and there was no real point in dwelling on it. Instead she laughed at what Andre said next. "I am amazed that I haven't gotten a big head what with all that praise." Really it DID make her happy though - who wouldn't be with such kind words said about them? Even if she didn't think she was anything special, GASTON sure did. And he was just as incredible in her eyes. Another smile was sent his way as she listened to a bit of a history lesson on Beauxbatons. Of course she already knew all this already, but it was still nice to hear it again. "It really IS gorgeous here. Hearing about it and reading descriptions don't really do it justice." As she spoke, she craned her neck in hopes of getting a glance of said fountain.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #54 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

The sight of Rose's smile made Gaston's grow even wider, if that was possible. He just gazed at her silently for a moment, his blue eyes shining with adoration. Her next words turned his smile into a laugh. "That's impossible," he replied. Even if he could give her the moon and stars, it wouldn't be enough! "If anything, it's the other way around."

The romantic moment didn't last long, as Professor Evremonde was speaking to him again. The eyebrow raise didn't go unnoticed, and somehow Gaston doubted his former professor believed him when he said everything was great. He half-expected him to question him further, but to his relief, he didn't press the issue. "It really is," he said, nodding. Well, Hogwarts was treating him well aside from the poltergeists, monsters, and the occasional unkind student. "Hogwarts has a beautiful campus, and most everyone there is very kind." He cast a sidelong glance back at Rose as he said this.

He noticed her biting her lip as he mentioned his parents and gave her an encouraging smile. "Don't worry, they're going to love you," he whispered. His cheeks flushed bright red as Professor Evremonde mentioned his letters. He supposed he did go on about Rose a little too much, but how could he not when he was so in love with her? "I never wrote a word that wasn't true."

Gaston glanced out the window as the carriage flew ever closer to the school. He smiled back at Rose, but before he could speak, they were coming up on the Flamel fountain. "Rumor has it that the water in the Flamel fountain has beautifying properties," he said, looking out the window at the gleaming stone fixture below. "I don't think it worked on me, though." He chuckled sheepishly. "And I was thrown in there enough times to know." His expression darkened at the memory, and his hand instinctively squeezed Rose's. He tried not to dwell on it too much; those days were far behind him now!

Andre smiled as he watched Gaston and Rosalyn together. It did his heart good to see how sweet they were with each other! Not that he was entirely surprised... Gaston always was a hopeless romantic. His smile grew as he listened to his former student talk about Hogwarts. He nodded in reply, though he still had a feeling Gaston was hiding something. "I'm so glad to hear it! What's your favorite thing about working at Hogwarts?" he asked... though knowing Gaston, he already had an idea what that answer would be.

His expression changed at the mention of Gaston's parents. He hoped that meeting would go well for them, but secretly he doubted it. Madame Marchand was just as sweet and sensitive as her son, but Monsieur Marchand was the most hard-hearted person he'd ever met! He shook his head, wondering how those two wound up married to each other. Such a mismatched couple! He was jerked out of his thoughts as he noticed Gaston blushing, and he smiled sympathetically. Really, there was nothing to be embarrassed about! He laughed along with Rosalyn. "From what I've heard, I doubt that's possible!" he said. She seemed like a humble person, just as the letters described.

Andre beamed at Rosalyn when she complimented the scenery. "I'm so glad you like it so far!" he said. If she liked the grounds this much, he couldn't wait to see her reaction to the castle! He started to offer more information on the Flamel fountain, but Gaston beat him to it. "I couldn't have said it better myself!" he said, smiling, but his face fell at Gaston's next words. "There used to be a tradition of throwing first years into the fountain," he explained, turning to Rosalyn. "Of course, it's since been stopped. Now there's a permanent magical barrier around the fountain to keep humans out, and it was all Gaston's idea!" He beamed at his former student and asked him. "Remember that day when you caught Pierre Mondego throwing that poor child into the fountain?"

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 05-31-2018, 11:08 PM   #55 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Gaston really was too sweet for this world. "It's not impossible at all. It's the truth." Rosalyn smiled at him, knowing that nothing he said would get her to change her mind on the matter. "You just don't realise how utterly amazing you are." A sad truth that came from all the people who hadn't appreciated him; well, she was making up for it and then some. Her sweet Gaston. She loved him with all her heart. The smile only grew when he glanced at her while mentioning the kindness of the people at Hogwarts. He'd never let her forget how welcomed she made him feel when he first arrived, and it was something she was very glad for because it had led them together.

"I hope you're right," she whispered back to Gaston as he told her that his parents would love her. It wasn't as if she didn't trust his judgement on matters, but well... he WAS biased towards her. "What if your dad doesn't care for me?" It would be so much easier if both his parents approved of her, but at it was, Rosalyn was only sure about his mother, based on the way that he talked about her. And she wasn't the only one that he sang praises about judging by what she was hearing about the letters to Andre. "You two are way too kind. I really don't deserve all this praise." She laughed, feeling happy and flattered even if she was far from perfect.

Rosalyn grinned at Andre, but then her eyes widened at what he said about there being a tradition of throwing First Years into the fountain. "I understand the need for kids to play pranks, but that seems a little mean to me." Not that anyone would get hurt, but it was embarrassing and no one would want to get cold and wet. "That really does sound like my selfless Gaston." She gave his hand a squeeze as she spoke.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Gaston laughed. He knew it was useless to argue with Rose; once she made up her mind about something, there was no changing it. He didn't think he was anything special, but he loved her all the more because she did. "Well, you have all the time in the world to convince me," he said, giving her a little kiss on the cheek.

His expression changed slightly at the mention of his father. He really wanted to believe he would be happy for them, but he had a nagging doubt. His father was never very expressive of his emotions. "He'll warm up to you; just give him some time," he assured her. Though exactly how much time it would take remained to be seen. "It's my mother you'll have to watch out for," he added with a halfhearted laugh. "She tends to... exaggerate; bores everyone to death bragging about me..."

Luckily, Professor Evremonde's question distracted him before his face could betray his emotions and worry Rose. "You mean, besides seeing the love of my life every day?" he said with a sidelong smile at Rose. He ran a hand through his dark hair, lost in thought for a moment. "Well, I suppose if I had to pick one thing, it would be having so many young minds to nurture." He hoped to teach his students something about kindness as well as charms.

Gaston stared blankly out the carriage window, trying to block out the memories of being thrown into the fountain. It was only Rose's squeeze of his hand that brought him back to the present... just in time to hear Professor Evremonde bragging about him. Merlin, he was almost as bad as his mother! He gave Rose's hand a small squeeze in return, but he stared at the ground to hide the blush rising to his cheeks. "I guess I might've overreacted," he said, recalling the day his professor mentioned. "He threw a little girl who was terrified of water in. She was so scared, and I couldn't stand to see her cry... so I sort of went off on him."

Andre couldn't help but overhear Gaston and Rosalyn's romantic words, and he beamed at the pair. He was so happy Gaston had found someone who saw all the good things in him that he never saw in himself! His smile only grew after hearing Gaston's answer to his question. He thought he would say something along those lines. Sweet Gaston, he had so much love for his students! He imagined him acting as an overprotective father figure to the children at Hogwarts, just as he had at Beaubatons. "I'm sure they're learning a lot from you," he said.

Andre vaguely noticed Rosalyn's eyes widening at the mention of the former tradition of throwing children into the Flamel fountain. "My sentiments exactly," he agreed. "We tried handing out punishments, but nothing stuck until..." His voice trailed off as he noticed Gaston's downcast expression, and he knew he must be be reminiscing about the years of bullying he'd suffered at the school. He gave his former student a reassuring smile that grew wider at Gaston's next words. "Ah, yes... you were so sweet with her!" he said. Turning to Rosalyn, he added, "He dried the poor child with a spell and gave her a hug. Wouldn't leave her side until she calmed down..." Not unlike what had happened that day long ago when he himself comforted a certain black-haired blue-eyed boy who'd been thrown into the fountain...

But he digressed. "You certainly gave Mr. Mondego the fright of his life that day!" he said to Gaston, laughing a little at the memory. "Detention every day for a week and such a tongue lashing - I never would've believed it of you if I hadn't seen for myself!"

Suddenly the carriage touched down in front of the school with a soft thump. "Here we are!" he said, opening the carriage doors for the guests. "There's lunch waiting for you in the dining hall. Follow me, please..."

Old 07-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #57 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

"I look forward to it," Rosalyn said with a huge grin on her face as Gaston kissed her cheek. There would be the rest of their lives for that. This was a thought that made her a lot happier than dwelling on his dad. Not that she was sure that there would be huge problems with him; it was more that she didn't want there to be any hostility. Meeting the parents was always nerve-wracking! "You think so? I just want to make a good impression..." Despite her doubt, she couldn't help but laugh at the comment about his mother. "I am sure that it isn't exaggeration. And besides, I would love to hear all about you. I'm sure that she has lots to tell me about when you were younger." Moms seemed to do that kind of thing - her's sure did!

Turning red at the comment about seeing her every day, she returned the smile. The smile only grew when he mentioned being able to nurture the minds of the students. It was things like THIS that caused her to fall for this man. He was just perfect for her.

"I probably would have done the same thing," Rosalyn said in regards to everything that Gaston had done that day. She could picture everything in her head almost as if she had been there herself. "You've always been one to put others before yourself, Gaston." And of course he was saying that he had overreacted. No, she was sure that he had taught the boy a lesson that day without being mean.

Before she could think further on the matter they made their landing. "Oh, wonderful. I am getting rather hungry." Rosalyn wanted to see what they had to offer for lunch; she was sure that it would be delicious.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #58 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default short phone post to keep thread active *will post Andre again later*

Gaston beamed, his bright blue eyes lighting up as he imagined spending a long happy life with his Rose. "As do I, ma belle," he said. He nodded, though he couldn't help but pick up on hpkkmchildren er doubt. It was eating away at him too, but he didn't want to worry her. "Of course; I know you will." He laughed a little along with her. His mother was going to love her! "You have no idea what you're getting yourself into!" He could just hear her talking Rose's ear off now!

Seeing Rose turn red brought a blush to his own cheeks. He looked down, trying to hide it as he answered Professor Evremonde. "Thanks! I can only hope as much," He said. Gaston sat in silence for the rest of the ride to the school, staring aimlessly out the window as he listened to his former professor talk. He never forgot that girl from the fountain, and she returned his kindness tenfold during the dragon attack years later. He remembered how she'd helped him calm the younger students. She was one of the first students to offer condolences after he lost Ellie and the first to welcome him back after his leave of absence.

It was only when Rose spoke that he was jerked out of his thoughts. He didn't feel he was as selfless as she said, but he smiled at her words nonetheless. His smile grew even wider when she said she was hungry; he couldn't wait until she saw what he had in store for her in the dining hall! He offered Rose his arm to hold as he followed Professor Evremonde into the glittering blue and gold foyer and down the hall to the dining area. He opened the doors to reveal several tables decorated with purple tablecloths and white rose arrangements. In the middle of the largest table sat an ice sculpture of a rose vine wrapped around a heart, the same design as the tattoo on his arm. A small group of nymphs stood waiting in the far corner. Gasron nodded to them, and they began to play a song Rose would probably recognize as one of his own. "So, what do you think?" He asked, looking back at Rose with an expectant smile.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #59 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

There was Gaston once again praising her, and Rosalyn wasn't sure if she completely believed him, but she knew he meant every word. Maybe she WOULD impress his parents - or at least his mother. "I know EXACTLY what I am getting myself into," she said with a mischievous smile; soon enough she would be hearing all about him and the stories from his childhood. Hopefully it wouldn't be anything that made Gaston feel mortified with embarrassment. Sometimes parents did not know their limit when gushing about their children.

Food was all that Rosalyn could think of when she grabbed Gaston's arm and made her way over towards the castle. Of course she didn't fail to make note of how beautiful everything was; she'd have been insane not to. Even their dining area was spectacular. "I think it's absolutely wonderful! Even the music is perfect." Yep, she was REALLY impressed.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #60 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Sorry this is so short! #uninspired

Gaston took one look at Rose before he burst out laughing. That mischievous smile of hers was so cute! "Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you," he scolded playfully, wagging a finger at her. "Just don't let her show you my baby pictures... I looked like a mandrake!" He smiled sheepishly, inwardly cringing at the mental image. Suddenly, his smile vanished as a dark thought occurred to him. Rose knew what he almost became as a child, but she didn't know the hows or the whys. Would his mother tell her the full story? Or worse, would she think badly of him if she knew? "just... promise me you won't stop loving me, no matter what she tells you," he whispered, only half joking.

Luckily, they entered the dining hall before he could become too lost in his worried thoughts. Rose's reaction to the scenery soon had him smiling again, and he gave her hand a small squeeze. "Of course, everything must be perfect for my perfect Rose..." he said, kissing her hand. He led her to the largest table and pulled out a chair for her. Once she was settled, he plucked a white rose from one of the nearby arrangements and handed it to her before taking the empty seat beside her. His eyes darted around the room. Now where was Professor Evremonde?

Andre hadn't been waiting in the dining hall long when Gaston and Rosalyn appeared. He beamed with pride as he watched them. It always made him happy when people appreciated the beauty of his school, but he couldn't take all the credit. The decorations, the music, even the food had been all Gaston's idea. Speaking of which, the food should be arriving any minute! Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Gaston kiss Rosalyn's hand and took that as his cue to go talk to the house elves about the meal.

He returned a few minutes later, carrying a tray of mini quiches and other small appetizers. "Lunch is served," he said, setting the tray on the table in front of them. He clapped his hands, and a parade of house elves filed into the dining hall. One carried a tray of croissant sandwiches, another carrying a plate of tarts, and one bringing up the rear with a pitcher of punch. He took a step back as the elves flittered about serving the couple. "You'll find that Beauxbatons has some similarities with your Hogwarts," he said to Rosalyn. "We have houses and a sorting ceremony, but you'll hear all about that later. For now, bon apetit! I'll be back in half an hour to continue the tour..." Unless they wanted him to stay, of course, though it would hardly be a romantic lunch if he did!

Old 10-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #61 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

It was always amazing to hear Gaston laugh, so now Rosalyn was feeling happier than ever. She never wanted her time with him to end. He'd really won her heart, something that she hadn't thought anyone could do since her ex-fiance. "Noted, and I am sure that you were an adorable baby." He was probably just being hard on himself, but he was a handsome man, and must have been an adorable child. The sudden change of his demeanor shocked her, but then she realised what it was about. "That won't happen. I promise." Even though she was sure that he wasn't completely serious about this, she needed to reassure him. Even if she didn't have all the details, she knew enough. It hadn't changed anything.

Being in the dining hall made everything happier again, and she smiled at him. He really was the sweetest and most loving person in the world. Rosalyn didn't understand what she had done to be so lucky as to have his love. "It's beyond perfect." It was even better than she had ever imagined. And there were little quiches! She loved quiches. Before she could get a proper look at them and the other appetizers, house elves had appeared with other delicious looking items for them to eat, as well as some punch. "This can't get any better. Eating amazing food, and learning all about the school!" Wow, she was loving this.

Not sure where to start, she took a little bit of everything. It all looked amazing and she didn't want to miss out on anything.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #62 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Gaston laughter stopped after a moment or two, but his smile remained firmly in place as Rose spoke."That's my Rose... always seeing the beauty in everyone, " he said. Even in weird-looking babies like he had been,
it seemed! "One of the million things I love about you," he added, giving her a quick little kiss on the cheek. But would she still see beauty in him after she learned just how dark and damaged he really was?

His smile faltered at the thought of her becoming overwhelmed by his emotional baggage and running away,
just like all but one of his ex girlfriends. He didn't think he could survive that kind of heartbreak! But Rose assured him that would never happen, and a small smile spread across his face. For several moments, all he could do was gaze lovingly into her eyes, too touched to find words. He eventually managed a nod in reply as he led her into the dining hall.

Gaston's bright blue eyes lit up at Rose's reaction to the meal. "Beyond perfect? Is that even possible?" he said with a slight giggle. He was kidding, of course! Just looking at this kind, smart woman seated beside him was all the proof he needed to know there was such a thing! His romantic thoughts blocked out everything going on around him until the house elves appeared with the trays... and then Prof. Evremonde mentioned the sorting.

Gaston bowed his head to hide the blush rising to his cheeks. "My sorting ceremony was a disaster, " he admitted sheepishly after the professor left. He knew that story was going to come out eventually; better that Rose hear it from him than Evremonde. "We had to shoot an arrow across the room, and the color sparks it sent up would tell us our house. Of course I'd never picked up a bow and arrow in my life, being isolated for as long as I was..." His expression darkened slightly at the memory. "I couldn't aim it properly. One of the professors had to help me,
and everybody laughed... not a pleasant memory."

He shook his head to make the bad thoughts die, and after a moment or two, he was smiling again. "But enough about that," he said, raising a glass of punch that one of the elves just filled. "A toast to our love..."

Old 11-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #63 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

And there Gaston went, turning Rosalyn into a blushing mess. He complimented her all the time, but she did love it and wouldn't ask him to stop; there was nothing wrong with someone telling you how much they appreciate you, after all. He was the sweetest person she had ever met, and there were millions of things that she loved about him too. "There is just so much beauty in you." It was impossible to miss.

"Oh yes! This is heavenly." Digging in, she tried a little bit of everything. It was so tempting to go a little overboard with all the delicious meal options in front of her, but Rosalyn was a lady so she remained civil. Plus the story of his sorting ceremony made her want to frown. Children could be so mean, and there was nothing wrong with needing help. But Gaston didn't want to dwell on it, and neither did she. Instead she gladly returned the toast. "This really is the most perfect day. I don't know how it can get better than this." She was very happy right now.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:39 AM   #64 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Gaston couldn't help but giggle a little as Rose blushed. It was too adorable! The giggling stopped at her next words, and he blinked, unsure how to react. Even after a year together, there were times he still could hardly believe he’d won the love of such an amazing woman! He didn’t believe there was anywhere near as much beauty in him as Rose saw, but it meant the world to him to know that she did. He nodded, his eyes reflecting all the emotions his words could not as he kissed her hand. He hoped one day he could be half as good as his rose believed he was!

He laughed. “Of course, it’s heavenly because I’m sharing it with you!” Seeing Rose dig in, he started to fill up his own plate with a croissant sandwich, a couple of appetizers, and a tart. Maybe he’d take a bit more later, but he’d never been a big eater. He started to take a bite, but as he glanced at Rose, he sensed the story about his sorting had made her uncomfortable.He gave her hand an encouraging squeeze under the table. “I would go through that disaster of a sorting ceremony all over again if I had to,” he said. “If I hadn’t, i never would’ve learned magic; I never would’ve taught at Hogwarts; I never would’ve met you…” Rose’s next words got a smile and a slight eyebrow raise from Gaston. “Just wait until you see the rest of the tour!”

After about 30 minutes, andre returned to the dining hall to continue the tour. He poked his head inside, smiling as he saw Gaston and Rosalyn together. He softly knocked on the wall. “Ready to continue the tour?” he asked. He could always come back later!

Old 01-18-2019, 06:18 AM   #65 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Gaston might not have said anything in response to her, but Rosalyn knew exactly how he was feeling based on the look on his face and the way he kissed her hand. It never ceased to amaze her how such an amazing man could have had his heart broken so many times that he had a hard time accepting just how amazing he really was. Well, she was going to spend the rest of her life reminding him of that fact.

Blushing at the compliment, Rosalyn was tempted to say something, but couldn't as she was in the middle of eating. Squeezing his hand back, she gave a small smile. Gaston seemed to have sensed that she was a little uncomfortable and was trying his best to make her feel better. "But you had such a hard time at school..." Sometimes it was hard to believe that someone could love her so much. She hardly deserved it.

"Oh, yes! I am definitely ready," she added as Andre joined them. With Gaston's last comment, she was more eager than ever to see what was coming up.

Last edited by WhittyBitty; 03-19-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:33 AM   #66 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Andre stood in the doorway for a moment, just watching the happy couple. They really were adorable together! He hoped they would last. Poor Gaston had had his heart broken more times than Andre could count; he didn’t think he could bounce back from another one! Upon hearing Rosalyn’s words, he ventured further into the dining hall. “That’s the spirit, my dear!” he said, beaming as he approached the table. “So, how did you like your meal?” As he waited for an answer, he clapped his hands, and a swarm of house elves appeared to clear the empty dishes from the table

“If you would follow me please…” Andre said as he turned toward the door, glancing back to be sure Gaston and Rosalyn were following. He led the couple out of the dining hall and down a long corridor lined with portraits in ornate gilded frames. “Beauxbatons was founded by two wizards and one witch,” he said as he walked. “René Bellefeuille -” He gestured toward a nearby portrait of an old man. “- Lucian Ombrelune-” He pointed to a portrait of a younger man near the first one. “-and Brie Papillionlisse, our school’s first headmistress.” He motioned toward the center portrait of a young woman. “Although Beauxbatons wasn’t officially dedicated until 1107, a little less than 120 years after Hogwarts, the idea for the school dates back to a vision Papillonlisse had at the age of twelve -”

By this point, the portraits were awake and chatty. The three founders each offered their own bits and pieces of information, each talking over each other. Andre cleared his throat and waited for the trio to fall silent. “Esteemed founders,” he said, “allow me to introduce Mademoiselle Rosalyn Newton.” He stood aside so the figures in the portraits could get a better look at Rosalyn and vice versa. “Rosalyn is Gaston’s fiancée.” Of course, the three would remember Gaston!

Bellefeuille and Ombrelune offered polite greetings and congratulations, while Papillonlisse gushed about what a cute romantic couple they made and asked Gaston if he planned to return to Beauxbatons. Andre chuckled under his breath before tuning to Rosalyn. “Do you have any questions for the founders?” he asked.

For several moments, Gaston sat silently, gazing at the beautiful creature seated beside him. His emotions were beyond words. The plate of food in front of him lay untouched in his lovestruck state. His heart was fluttering so much, he didn’t think he could swallow a single bite! He returned Rose’s smile, but a flicker of sadness appeared in his eyes as she spoke. “I know…” he said, his voice trailing off as he imagined the path his life might’ve taken had he not come to Beauxbatons.

He saw himself broken and alone, never understanding why he had such a hard time fitting in with normal society. It was a haunting image! “But when I think about where my life is now and where it might be if I hadn’t…” His voice broke, and he took a quick sip of punch to help him swallow the lump rising in his throat. He sighed heavily, waiting for the sudden onslaught of emotion to pass. Once it had, he was smiling again. “You’re worth everything I had to go through to get here,” he said, squeezing her hand a little tighter.

Now that that was over, Gaston turned his attention to the food, stealing an occasional glance at Rose as he nibbled. He had just finished eating when Professor Evremonde came back asking if they were ready to continue. Gaston nodded. “Then if my Rose is ready, so am I,” he said with a smile as he rose and pushed his chair in. The thought crossed his mind to offer to help the house elves, but they were already clearing the table before he had the chance. His eyes fell to the white rose arrangement in the center of the table, and an idea occurred to him. “I just have to do one quick thing first…”

With a wave of his wand, Gaston turned the centerpiece into a crown of roses (sans thorns, of course!) and placed it atop Rose’s head. Then he offered her his arm and followed Professor Evremonde down the hall of portraits. Merlin, this brought back memories, some happy others not so much,... he’d spent many a day conversing with the three founders in his school days. He didn’t know why, but he’d felt more comfortable talking to the portraits than to the other students. They’d always offered him a listening ear, advice, and (in Mme. Papillonlisse’s case) comfort. “Bonjour! It’s nice to see you again,” he greeted the trio. “And thank you!” Mme. Papillonlisse’s gushing had him turning red, and he had to bow his head to hide his embarrassment. He shook his head in reply to her question. “No, Madame. Just visiting. I promised Rose a tour of the school.” And whatever rose wanted, she got.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:22 PM   #67 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Gaston was looking at her with so much love in his eyes, and Rosalyn was more confused than ever as to what she had done to win his heart. She had also noticed that he hadn’t eaten anything yet, and wondered if he wasn’t going to go hungry. Before she could comment on that, however, he said something that made her frown. Not because she was angry; because it made her SAD. ”But you deserved so much better than that. No one should have to go through what you did... Sighing, she rubbed his thumb gently. The world was a cruel place.

”It was lovely,” Rosalyn told Andre with a smile. And it looked like they were moving one. Once again she was stopped from mentioning to Gaston that he should eat, this time by a crown of roses being placed on my head. ”I love it,” she said softly, feeling a bit like a queen. It was even more fitting since they were in a castle.

She felt like she was walking on air as they continued the tour of the castle.

Smiling, she waved to the portraits. ”Nice to meet you.” Now to think of any questions she might have for them...
Old 04-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *will post Andre later*

Gaston gazed lovingly at his Rose, smiling from ear to ear. To think that only a couple of short years ago, he had all but given up on finding love, and now here he was beside this amazing woman who was just as beautiful on the inside as she was outside. It felt almost too good to be true! He saw her frown, and his face fell. Whenever his Rose was happy, he was happy too,but the reverse was also true. When she frowned, he frowned with her. The next thing he knew, she was rubbing his thumb. He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, but he shook his head at her words. What more could he do to make her understand? It was worth every bit of heartache he'd endured in the past to be where he was now! "I know," he whispered, "but that part of my life is behind me now."

Between his stolen glances at Rose, Gaston managed to eat a light lunch before Professor Evremonde came back. He laughed a little, his blue eyes twinkling as he placed the crown on Rose's head. "And I love you," he replied, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek as he led her down the hall. His eyes darted from Rose to the portraits of the three founders as they talked. Bellefeuille returned Rose's wave while Ombrelune bowed to her - well, as much as it was possible for a painting to bow. "The pleasure is all ours, my dear," he said.

When Professor Evremonde asked Rose if she had any questions for the founders, Mme. Papillonilise piped up. "Oh, honestly, Andre! You'll bore the poor girl to death!" She looked at Rose with a smile. "That's enough about us! Please, tell us about yourself. How did you and Gaston meet?"

Gaston half gasped, half laughed, barely able to believe what he just heard. Well, this just got awkward! As his mind wandered back to his first encounters with Rose and the unlikely way their love story began, he exchanged a look with Rose as if to ask, Do you want to tell her or should I?

Old 10-26-2019, 10:27 PM   #69 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Knowing that Gaston was happy now, with her, made Rosalyn feel much better, and the kiss to the cheek and 'I love you' made her heart soar. Even knowing that he loved her, she never got tired of hearing it. "I love you too," she said softly so that only he could hear it. Not that she had a problem with the portraits overhearing, but still. She was a little shy.

OH WELL.

Rosalyn raised her brow a little at the question of how she and Gaston had met, though it didn't really surprise her. She was more than happy to tell them a little. She looked at him sheepishly before deciding that she could at least tell him a little. "Well, we met first at the little party set up before term started... a little mix and mingle for staff. Though I didn't talk to him properly until the time of the Hogwarts feast." She smiled at Gaston.