sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1087 users online including...
PhoenixRising , astrocat , Holmesian Feline , Svetlgkp , Stevendalo , Cyharlesbes

10 members
1077 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Morgan P. Nickles Era

Morgan P. Nickles Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Morgan P. Nickles [IC January 2094 - December 2096; OOC October 2017 - October 2018]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Employee Break Room
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Employee Break Room

The break room has been set up for those of you that just need a few minutes to clear your head or possibly a bite to eat. There's several tables of different sizes set up about the room with some comfortable matching chairs.

There's a fridge, sink, microwave, coffee machine and even a few snack machines in the room. Kept on the counter are baskets of fruits as well as a fresh box of donuts or muffins. It's neat and clean as well as inviting just don't go getting to comfortable and forget about your work!

From time to time the breakroom might also hold a small party or two!

Feel free to come on in and use this room whenever you like!

Last edited by Kolyander; 07-15-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default All Of You! <3

Addison had come in early for two reason this morning. The first of which she had already taken care of mostly the day before. One could only really do so much with their office and familiarize themselves with the area in a day. She could always fix small things here and there as she decide how she wanted things to look.

Right now there was a larger task at hand. Meeting those in her department. For this she had set up a small 'party' in their departments Breakroom. The smaller tables were charmed into larger ones for more people to sit together and talk. There was also long tables lining one wall with different foods and drinks. From fruits and vegetables to cakes and cookies as well as coffee and beverages.

The goal in mind this morning was to make everyone feel welcome and to get to know one another. They could work from there if things went smoothly enough.

With things in place Addy looked around silently her eyes shifting once towards the door. Now it was a waiting game. How would arrive first?

You are Bread!
Old 03-31-2016, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM & DMAC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elsa Pinkerton-Oliveira
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gallowglass Pinkerton
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Thomas Black
Snuffles Sweetness | Sirius is my veil dancer

Being early was a predicate of Thomas. He always thought that being the first to arrive was best, that way he could observe everyone else as they arrived and be sure not to miss anyone. So that's what he was doing, strolling into the break room with a light grin on his lips, Thomas was quick to scan the room and zoom in the only other person there.

This must be Addison Anders
he thought. He made his way towards her, his steps gracious, taking his time to absorb the surroundings as he kept his hand deep in his pockets. Everything looked really delicious, the new head of the department sure put out an effort to make them feel welcome. He made a few mental notes to later go and grab a bite of some of those things... Hmmm..

"Miss Anders I presume?" Thomas asked, offering his hand to the woman with a polite but pleasant smile.

Despite my empty mouth the words are in my mind. Don't you wonder what's inside?
Old 03-31-2016, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Addison and Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe Malfoy View Post
Addison had come in early for two reason this morning. The first of which she had already taken care of mostly the day before. One could only really do so much with their office and familiarize themselves with the area in a day. She could always fix small things here and there as she decide how she wanted things to look.

Right now there was a larger task at hand. Meeting those in her department. For this she had set up a small 'party' in their departments Breakroom. The smaller tables were charmed into larger ones for more people to sit together and talk. There was also long tables lining one wall with different foods and drinks. From fruits and vegetables to cakes and cookies as well as coffee and beverages.

The goal in mind this morning was to make everyone feel welcome and to get to know one another. They could work from there if things went smoothly enough.

With things in place Addy looked around silently her eyes shifting once towards the door. Now it was a waiting game. How would arrive first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojogali View Post
Being early was a predicate of Thomas. He always thought that being the first to arrive was best, that way he could observe everyone else as they arrived and be sure not to miss anyone. So that's what he was doing, strolling into the break room with a light grin on his lips, Thomas was quick to scan the room and zoom in the only other person there.

This must be Addison Anders
he thought. He made his way towards her, his steps gracious, taking his time to absorb the surroundings as he kept his hand deep in his pockets. Everything looked really delicious, the new head of the department sure put out an effort to make them feel welcome. He made a few mental notes to later go and grab a bite of some of those things... Hmmm..

"Miss Anders I presume?" Thomas asked, offering his hand to the woman with a polite but pleasant smile.

Food! Adam smelled food. His nose was atingle with all the smells wafting around the department today. He sniffed and sniffed and followed his sniffer until he found a break room. Odd, how come he had never seen this room before? Then he remembered that things were always changing down here and didn’t give it much thought.

He pushed open the door to find – even more delicisous smells! Good Holly Golly smells! His mouth began watering in that way it only did when he smelled rabbit(s). “Guten Morgen!” he cried cheerfully as he stepped into the room. Adam, while clean and put together in tidy, but well-worn clothing, looked like he was malnourished and could benefit from eating every piece of food in the room. “How ist evertvone?” he asked in heavily accented English.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM & DMAC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elsa Pinkerton-Oliveira
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gallowglass Pinkerton
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Thomas Black

SPOILER!!: Adam

Food! Adam smelled food. His nose was atingle with all the smells wafting around the department today. He sniffed and sniffed and followed his sniffer until he found a break room. Odd, how come he had never seen this room before? Then he remembered that things were always changing down here and didn’t give it much thought.

He pushed open the door to find – even more delicisous smells! Good Holly Golly smells! His mouth began watering in that way it only did when he smelled rabbit(s). “Guten Morgen!” he cried cheerfully as he stepped into the room. Adam, while clean and put together in tidy, but well-worn clothing, looked like he was malnourished and could benefit from eating every piece of food in the room. “How ist evertvone?” he asked in heavily accented English.

Shortly after his arrival another person arrived, this one a man. Thomas, that had just introduced himself to the new Office Head turned to the man and extended his hand to him as well "Goodmorning, was that German?" he looked for confirmation on what he was almost sure was German, but he did not fluently speak the language, just bits and pieces so it was better to ask than to embarrass himself later on. "Wie geht es Ihnen?" he offered with a smile.

Yes, Thomas was all about the pleasantries.

Even though he has been in this department for 16 years he was bound not to recognize everyone that worked that. That's what being an unspeakable meant, total and utter discretion. Thomas smoother out the front of his shirt after shaking the man's thin hand - he surely looked like he could use a big meal.

"All of this looks absolutely mouth watering" he pointer toward the food and felt his stomach rumbling "You've totally won over my stomach with this little get together Miss Anders" he said with a polite smile towards his new boss.

"So since I gather this is a little greet and meet party, where in the department do you work?" he asked the man - Adam - as he walked towards the nearest table and poured himself some Merlin's delicacy... coffee! He took a sip as he waited for his answer.

Despite my empty mouth the words are in my mind. Don't you wonder what's inside?
Old 04-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

No sooner had her gray-blue eyes fell upon the doorway had a man entered. She could see him instantly taking in his surroundings and for a brief moment Addison wasn't fully sure if she had possibly overdone things with this party. It didn't appear so as another moment or so passed.

A hand was offered to her in which she gently shook it. No sense in not being pleasant these were her co-workers whether or not she was their boss. "I am. And you are?," she questioned with a light smile letting his hand go after a second or two. Knowing who was who right away wasn't going to happen but after she had names to go along with faces she would do well in recalling whom was who.

It wasn't at all long before another gentleman joined them this time one whom appeared to have a rather decent accent. "Good morning, I'm doing well. How are you?" she offered with a light nod of her head. So far so good it seemed.

The mention of the food made her smile. "Well I'm glad so please by all means go ahead and help yourselves gentleman. And please just Addison will be fine." Miss Anders was her mother. No need to hold back and wait around either. If they were hungry they should eat.

You are Bread!
Old 04-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default All of y'all :3
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Lis Deborah had put the Department 'get together/party' down in her schedule and was now marching towards the break room after leaving some files safely in a drawer of her desk. She was still carrying her small notepad and a Self-Inking quill when she entered the room. "Hello." She greeted the people who were already in there, looking at them to see if she recognised who the new boss was.

The blonde turned to the only other woman there. "Addison Anders, I presume? Lis Deborah Gallagher." She offered her hand to shake.

Lis went back to looking between the men and the food. Mingling and food, as she supposed. She didn't mind, as it was in her schedule already and meeting fellow Ministry workers while having some food sounded the best way to go.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!
Old 04-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Horklump

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Chartreuse Grey
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Vanessa Mortaine
Department of Mysteries

Vanessa enters the break room with high hopes. Her past experiences with other Ministry officers have not gone well. She was hopeful to find a more friendly lot than usual. "Good morning, everyone," she said with a broad smile. She extended her hand first to the unknown blonde woman as she was closest. "Are you Ms. Anders?"
Old 04-04-2016, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM & DMAC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elsa Pinkerton-Oliveira
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gallowglass Pinkerton
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Thomas Black

SPOILER!!: Addison
No sooner had her gray-blue eyes fell upon the doorway had a man entered. She could see him instantly taking in his surroundings and for a brief moment Addison wasn't fully sure if she had possibly overdone things with this party. It didn't appear so as another moment or so passed.

A hand was offered to her in which she gently shook it. No sense in not being pleasant these were her co-workers whether or not she was their boss. "I am. And you are?," she questioned with a light smile letting his hand go after a second or two. Knowing who was who right away wasn't going to happen but after she had names to go along with faces she would do well in recalling whom was who.

It wasn't at all long before another gentleman joined them this time one whom appeared to have a rather decent accent. "Good morning, I'm doing well. How are you?" she offered with a light nod of her head. So far so good it seemed.

The mention of the food made her smile. "Well I'm glad so please by all means go ahead and help yourselves gentleman. And please just Addison will be fine." Miss Anders was her mother. No need to hold back and wait around either. If they were hungry they should eat.

SPOILER!!: Lis Deborah
Lis Deborah had put the Department 'get together/party' down in her schedule and was now marching towards the break room after leaving some files safely in a drawer of her desk. She was still carrying her small notepad and a Self-Inking quill when she entered the room. "Hello." She greeted the people who were already in there, looking at them to see if she recognised who the new boss was.

The blonde turned to the only other woman there. "Addison Anders, I presume? Lis Deborah Gallagher." She offered her hand to shake.

Lis went back to looking between the men and the food. Mingling and food, as she supposed. She didn't mind, as it was in her schedule already and meeting fellow Ministry workers while having some food sounded the best way to go.

SPOILER!!: Vanessa
Vanessa enters the break room with high hopes. Her past experiences with other Ministry officers have not gone well. She was hopeful to find a more friendly lot than usual. "Good morning, everyone," she said with a broad smile. She extended her hand first to the unknown blonde woman as she was closest. "Are you Ms. Anders?"

"Thomas Black" introduced himself to the head of the department and before the other man could answer him she spoke once more asking them to call her by her first name instead of her last, which made Thomas chuckle with humor. "All right then Addison." he said with a genuine smile, picking up some pastries and returning to the little circle that had formed around her.

Before taking a bite out of a particularly appetizing croissant, Thomas took a moment to get to know his new boss better. After all in 16 years he had worked with several different people, so he was used to all sorts of people, but it was always good to know who to count with. "Miss. And-... Addison, what brought you here to the DM?" he asked, chewing down on his croissant waiting for the answer.

Another woman (Lis) had arrived a few seconds before and unfortunately Thomas, with a full mouth couldn't do much other than a toothless grin and a curt nod to her. Once he got rid of all the food in his mouth, another lady arrived. Oh boy, wasn't this year full of female workers? Andi would love this. If only she could be here. But with the pregnancy and all, they were advised that she should rest for a few weeks.

"Thomas Black" he said, now more presentable "I'm sorry, I'm father to a teenager boy, he eats all the food in the house, have to stock up when I can" he said jokingly, offering his hand to the newcomers (Lis and Vanessa).

Old 04-05-2016, 11:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default You lovely bunch! <3

Addison smiled warmly as the man before her introduced himself as Thomas Black. He appeared slightly surprised by the fact that she wanted them all to use her first name. Was this uncommon? If it was, it would just have to be something they got used to. "Well I finally agreed to follow my brother-in-laws advice and move closer to him and my niece. My former training and jobs in America gave me the opportunity to move upwards in the ranks so like most I took it." Yes this was a bit vague on details right now but if he wanted to know more she wouldn't mind telling him.

Within moments two more joined the small group. Addison turned towards the women with a light smile as she held her hand out to shake that of the one offered to her. "Nice to meet you Lis, I am but please just Addison," this was said mainly to Lis but also meant for Vanessa as well as she had now shifted to shake her hand as well. A polite bunch of men and women they all were. She liked it.

"Oh, you have a son? Does he attend Hogwarts?" she asked overhearing Thomas. Maybe his boy went to school with her niece.

You are Bread!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Thomas & Addison & Hello to everyone else Adam hasn’t interected with yet.
Quote:
Shortly after his arrival another person arrived, this one a man. Thomas, that had just introduced himself to the new Office Head turned to the man and extended his hand to him as well "Goodmorning, was that German?" he looked for confirmation on what he was almost sure was German, but he did not fluently speak the language, just bits and pieces so it was better to ask than to embarrass himself later on. "Wie geht es Ihnen?" he offered with a smile.

Yes, Thomas was all about the pleasantries.

Even though he has been in this department for 16 years he was bound not to recognize everyone that worked that. That's what being an unspeakable meant, total and utter discretion. Thomas smoother out the front of his shirt after shaking the man's thin hand - he surely looked like he could use a big meal.

"All of this looks absolutely mouth watering" he pointer toward the food and felt his stomach rumbling "You've totally won over my stomach with this little get together Miss Anders" he said with a polite smile towards his new boss.

"So since I gather this is a little greet and meet party, where in the department do you work?" he asked the man - Adam - as he walked towards the nearest table and poured himself some Merlin's delicacy... coffee! He took a sip as he waited for his answer.
Quote:

”Ahh! Ich bin sehr gut.” Adam said as he reached for a pastry that was on the table nearby. “Du sprichst Deutsch?“ He’d been working in the department for about a year and this was first person he’d found that even attempted to talk to him in his native tongue. It exicted Adam even more than the food (and that was saying something!).

His fingers latched onto pastry. Adam wasn’t even sure what it was nor did he look before popping half of it into his mouth. The German speaking man helped himself to coffee as Adam finished his mouthful of food. Mid-chew, the lady began talking, but whether to him or the other male, Adam wasn’t certain. He nodded his head at her as well and continued munching on his pastry.

Quote:
"Thomas Black" introduced himself to the head of the department and before the other man could answer him she spoke once more asking them to call her by her first name instead of her last, which made Thomas chuckle with humor. "All right then Addison." he said with a genuine smile, picking up some pastries and returning to the little circle that had formed around her.

Before taking a bite out of a particularly appetizing croissant, Thomas took a moment to get to know his new boss better. After all in 16 years he had worked with several different people, so he was used to all sorts of people, but it was always good to know who to count with. "Miss. And-... Addison, what brought you here to the DM?" he asked, chewing down on his croissant waiting for the answer.

Another woman (Lis) had arrived a few seconds before and unfortunately Thomas, with a full mouth couldn't do much other than a toothless grin and a curt nod to her. Once he got rid of all the food in his mouth, another lady arrived. Oh boy, wasn't this year full of female workers? Andi would love this. If only she could be here. But with the pregnancy and all, they were advised that she should rest for a few weeks.

"Thomas Black" he said, now more presentable "I'm sorry, I'm father to a teenager boy, he eats all the food in the house, have to stock up when I can" he said jokingly, offering his hand to the newcomers (Lis and Vanessa).
Quote:
Addison smiled warmly as the man before her introduced himself as Thomas Black. He appeared slightly surprised by the fact that she wanted them all to use her first name. Was this uncommon? If it was, it would just have to be something they got used to. "Well I finally agreed to follow my brother-in-laws advice and move closer to him and my niece. My former training and jobs in America gave me the opportunity to move upwards in the ranks so like most I took it." Yes this was a bit vague on details right now but if he wanted to know more she wouldn't mind telling him.

Within moments two more joined the small group. Addison turned towards the women with a light smile as she held her hand out to shake that of the one offered to her. "Nice to meet you Lis, I am but please just Addison," this was said mainly to Lis but also meant for Vanessa as well as she had now shifted to shake her hand as well. A polite bunch of men and women they all were. She liked it.

"Oh, you have a son? Does he attend Hogwarts?" she asked overhearing Thomas. Maybe his boy went to school with her niece.

More people arrived and quickly introduced themselves to the first lady, who via these introductions Adam learned was named Addison. Somewhere in the back o his mind he made a connection between the name of the woman and his new boss, but right now, Adam had finished his pastry and was reaching for a second. Food. Food was waaaay more interesting to Adam right now. When the German speaking man (whom Adam also learned via introductions was named Thomas) started talking to Addison again in between introductions. Thomas didn’t really have much of an accent and so Adam didn’t think Thomas was from his neck of the woods.

Adam’s second pastry found its way into his mouth as he listened to Thomas and Addison’s conversation. Perhaps he was being rude, but hey, the conversation wasn’t directed to him.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default Hello!
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Blaire wasn't exactly sure about this little party as she never felt comfortable disclosing too much in the workplace for reasons but she supposed it'd be a good excuse to have some coffee so she slipped into the breakroom, considering those already in attendance.

"Hello," She offered by way of greetings as she grabbed a cup and poured some of the steaming hot beverage inside. The smell alone had her spirits lifted. "I hope I didn't miss anything."

Old 04-06-2016, 05:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
Default *ahem* I totally remembered this was a thing
˝ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

The fact was that knowledge of the event happening in the breakroom had temporarily slipped Hades mind and as he had stepped into the Ever-Locked Room which was usually bustling with Unspeakables, found it empty and had stood there, perplexed for a good two minutes before taking out his planner to check if he had come in on a public holiday.

Turns out, it wasn't a public holiday. Just the day their new Department Head came in, which was apparently cause for a party in the breakroom.

It wouldn't do to forgo the party entirely and risk getting on his new boss' bad side, so Hades Grahn slipped into the breakroom in a manner not unlike the greek god of death himself, silently and for the most part unnoticed. He'd just indulge his inner Swede and get himself a mug of coffee, but for the meantime, the man was most certainly not about to make it known that he had just arrived - and late, at that - to those who hadn't noticed, nor was he about to make unnecessary conversation. It just was not his thing. Though he would probably not be outright cold to anyone who did try to speak to him.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM & DMAC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elsa Pinkerton-Oliveira
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gallowglass Pinkerton
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Thomas Black

SPOILER!!: Addison

As people began gathering in the breakroom, Thomas' grin spread wider on his face. So lovely to be formally introduced to his colleagues. In this line of work, being an Unspeakable, there wasn't much time or opportunity to actual be social, so this little social gatherings were always welcome.

"Oh you're from America is it? I thought I heard a little accent on your voice" he said with interest. He had never been to America, but he heard the magical community there was pretty amazing. And of course he had noticed her accent before, after all the gave her a full scan the moment he saw her, that was an Unspeakable treat that he couldn't shake off. "Yes, Wes is fourteen, he's just finishing up his forth year at Hogwarts. He's actually coming in as soon as school is over, a nice bloke from the department of magical creatures offered to show him some dragon eggs, so that will be pretty amazing."

Text Cut: Thomas & Addison & Hello to everyone else Adam hasn’t interected with yet.

”Ahh! Ich bin sehr gut.” Adam said as he reached for a pastry that was on the table nearby. “Du sprichst Deutsch?“ He’d been working in the department for about a year and this was first person he’d found that even attempted to talk to him in his native tongue. It exicted Adam even more than the food (and that was saying something!).

His fingers latched onto pastry. Adam wasn’t even sure what it was nor did he look before popping half of it into his mouth. The German speaking man helped himself to coffee as Adam finished his mouthful of food. Mid-chew, the lady began talking, but whether to him or the other male, Adam wasn’t certain. He nodded his head at her as well and continued munching on his pastry.

More people arrived and quickly introduced themselves to the first lady, who via these introductions Adam learned was named Addison. Somewhere in the back o his mind he made a connection between the name of the woman and his new boss, but right now, Adam had finished his pastry and was reaching for a second. Food. Food was waaaay more interesting to Adam right now. When the German speaking man (whom Adam also learned via introductions was named Thomas) started talking to Addison again in between introductions. Thomas didn’t really have much of an accent and so Adam didn’t think Thomas was from his neck of the woods.

Adam’s second pastry found its way into his mouth as he listened to Thomas and Addison’s conversation. Perhaps he was being rude, but hey, the conversation wasn’t directed to him.

Aaaaand, there goes his German. "I wouldn't call it speaking.." he chuckled looking in the direction where Adam was eating mouthfuls of food. Merlin that man could eat! Looking at the rate he was downing food Thomas wasn't sure there would be any left in 30 minutes, so he picked up some more pastries for his plate. "I can ask for a table at a restaurant, say some pleasantries but that's it. My German is pretty limited I'm afraid..." he took a bite out of a particularly succulent croissant "No need to ask if you're German, that's quite obvious but have you moved here recently?" he asked with curiosity. Such diversity! America, Germany. This department became more interesting by the minute. Thomas wondered if they were both in the same department. That would be nice, maybe he could learn some more German with him.

SPOILER!!: Blaire
Blaire wasn't exactly sure about this little party as she never felt comfortable disclosing too much in the workplace for reasons but she supposed it'd be a good excuse to have some coffee so she slipped into the breakroom, considering those already in attendance.

"Hello," She offered by way of greetings as she grabbed a cup and poured some of the steaming hot beverage inside. The smell alone had her spirits lifted. "I hope I didn't miss anything."

Another lady entered the breakroom and Thomas couldn't help but notice, again, that this office that in the past seemed to be dominated by men, was now dominated by women. "No, you're perfectly on time!" he welcomed the newcomer with a polite nod of his head.

SPOILER!!: Hades
The fact was that knowledge of the event happening in the breakroom had temporarily slipped Hades mind and as he had stepped into the Ever-Locked Room which was usually bustling with Unspeakables, found it empty and had stood there, perplexed for a good two minutes before taking out his planner to check if he had come in on a public holiday.

Turns out, it wasn't a public holiday. Just the day their new Department Head came in, which was apparently cause for a party in the breakroom.

It wouldn't do to forgo the party entirely and risk getting on his new boss' bad side, so Hades Grahn slipped into the breakroom in a manner not unlike the greek god of death himself, silently and for the most part unnoticed. He'd just indulge his inner Swede and get himself a mug of coffee, but for the meantime, the man was most certainly not about to make it known that he had just arrived - and late, at that - to those who hadn't noticed, nor was he about to make unnecessary conversation. It just was not his thing. Though he would probably not be outright cold to anyone who did try to speak to him.

As he nodded the woman who had just entered, Thomas noticed a man slip in discreetly, but paid him no attention as he clearly was trying to do to unnoticed.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Despite the way the rest of his family was, Oliver was not exactly the most social of butterflies. He endured the large holiday parties that his family sometimes hosted, even enjoying them at times. But he was rather familiar with them and for the most part preferred solitude.

Still, he had no issue coming to the gathering put on by the new Department Head. It might be nice to meet her and maybe even chat with some other Unspeakables. Even though he had been working in the Ever-Locked Room for several months, he didn't really know his fellow employees that well, other than job-related conversation and the little bit of small talk here and there. Perhaps many of them had introverted tendencies as well.

Stepping into the breakroom, Oliver paused at the doorway to note that there were many present already. Was he late? It wouldn't be unlike him to be so consumed with his present task to lose track of time, so it was quite possible. "Hello, everyone," he nodded to the small crowd before entering the room more fully. Now... where was the food, he wouldn't mind a bite to eat.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 04-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #16 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Sam walked up to the break room door, through which she could hear she was in the right place. A man had just greeted the room at large, as she poked her head in and closed the door quietly behind her. She knew no one in this room... She was reminded of the Orientation however, with the assortment of food and everyone talking around her.

Sam could almost imagine everyone going around and introducing themselves and what they do here in the Department, but she figured she could only really worry about finding out who this new Head was. One woman stood out particularly, as she was the most popular between the Unspeakables.
Surely she's the new Head, Addison Anders?

Sam walked slowly up to the woman, trying to overhear someone say her name to be sure. As she approached the woman, she asked, "May I assume you are our new Head then? My name is Sam Forrester." Sam put out her hand, ready to give a firm handshake. She would let Addison get back to her conversation, but she wanted to make sure she at least introduced herself!
Old 04-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Sorry about my slowness everyone! <3

Addison gave the two men a small smile and quietly excused herself for just a moment while they were both speaking (Adam and Thomas). A nice hot cup of freshly brewed coffee was what she needed and it would only take herself a moment to grab herself a cup. Slipping away she walked the few steps over to the machine preparing herself her usual cup. Taking a small sip to ensure it was just as she wanted. It was of course. That taken care of she grabbed herself a paper plate setting a pastry on it to take back with her. No sense in going hungry while she got to know everyone.

With her cup and plate in hand the blonde returned herself to the conversation or well at least to where everyone was still gathered around.

SPOILER!!: Thomas
As people began gathering in the breakroom, Thomas' grin spread wider on his face. So lovely to be formally introduced to his colleagues. In this line of work, being an Unspeakable, there wasn't much time or opportunity to actual be social, so this little social gatherings were always welcome.

"Oh you're from America is it? I thought I heard a little accent on your voice" he said with interest. He had never been to America, but he heard the magical community there was pretty amazing. And of course he had noticed her accent before, after all the gave her a full scan the moment he saw her, that was an Unspeakable treat that he couldn't shake off. "Yes, Wes is fourteen, he's just finishing up his forth year at Hogwarts. He's actually coming in as soon as school is over, a nice bloke from the department of magical creatures offered to show him some dragon eggs, so that will be pretty amazing."

"Originally yes. I also spent quite sometime in Ireland as well before returning to America." It was fair to say she didn't move often but when she did she moved quite the distance. Addison knew her accent was still heavy and easily picked up on but she didn't mind it in the least. As the conversation moved onto talk of the mans son she nibbled at her pastry making sure to swallow fully before replying. "That's nice, how's he liking it there? Is that so? I bet he's excited about that." Not many kids would turn down seeing dragon eggs. Her son certainly wouldn't.

SPOILER!!: Blaire, Oliver and Sam

-----

Despite the way the rest of his family was, Oliver was not exactly the most social of butterflies. He endured the large holiday parties that his family sometimes hosted, even enjoying them at times. But he was rather familiar with them and for the most part preferred solitude.

Still, he had no issue coming to the gathering put on by the new Department Head. It might be nice to meet her and maybe even chat with some other Unspeakables. Even though he had been working in the Ever-Locked Room for several months, he didn't really know his fellow employees that well, other than job-related conversation and the little bit of small talk here and there. Perhaps many of them had introverted tendencies as well.

Stepping into the breakroom, Oliver paused at the doorway to note that there were many present already. Was he late? It wouldn't be unlike him to be so consumed with his present task to lose track of time, so it was quite possible. "Hello, everyone," he nodded to the small crowd before entering the room more fully. Now... where was the food, he wouldn't mind a bite to eat.
---------------

Sam walked up to the break room door, through which she could hear she was in the right place. A man had just greeted the room at large, as she poked her head in and closed the door quietly behind her. She knew no one in this room... She was reminded of the Orientation however, with the assortment of food and everyone talking around her.

Sam could almost imagine everyone going around and introducing themselves and what they do here in the Department, but she figured she could only really worry about finding out who this new Head was. One woman stood out particularly, as she was the most popular between the Unspeakables.

Sam walked slowly up to the woman, trying to overhear someone say her name to be sure. As she approached the woman, she asked, "May I assume you are our new Head then? My name is Sam Forrester." Sam put out her hand, ready to give a firm handshake. She would let Addison get back to her conversation, but she wanted to make sure she at least introduced herself!

As more people entered the Break Room, Addison found herself shifting her attention to each of them. Both women and the man got a smile from her as well as "Hello's" and "Please, help yourselves" in comment of the food she hoped they would enjoy. Food always helped when meeting new people.

"I am. It's nice to meet you Sam, my name is Addison Anders," she greeted warmly in return accepting the women's hand and shaking it firmly after having set down her coffee cup first. No spillage was going to be happening on her part, especially not hot coffee.

Wanting to make sure she hadn't missed anyone arriving she let her blue eyes can over the room briefly. There off to the side away from most everyone was a man she hadn't noticed come in. Addison offered him a small nod of her head to show she had now seen him. For now she would leave him be as he appeared to either be a quiet one or he was just enjoying his coffee. Either way she made note to speak with him shortly even if it was simply to introduce herself to him.

You are Bread!
Old 04-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default *sigh* I adore you <3 I'm sorry about her.
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

Apparently tiny babies didn’t know or understand when you needed to leave the house… At least that was the impression that Hazel had gotten this morning when trying to hand Inara over to Boo so that she could leave for the ministry with Mammy… Every time she handed over the new-born, she started crying only to stop when she was given back to her. Honestly, she had considered taking her with her to work… but the potion fumes were not what her precious bundle needed…

She finally made it to work, a little late to the party - but it didn’t matter because Uncle Jasper would understand. She moved into the break room only to find everyone talking to… a woman. Who was not Jasper.

…………..

She looked around the break room, silent and confused. Suddenly she wished she had just called in sick to spend the day with Inara… where was he? Sighing a little, she took a few steps further in, moving towards Adam. His bigger frame would hide her until she was slightly less confused… confusion was never a good trait for her personality and she didn’t want to be rude to her …. new department head? That was the last thing she needed on top of sleepless nights.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Billywig

x3
Default Addison, Hazel and everyone!
Hala Madrid | What's up? | Live F♥rever | Nade ♥

So apparently there was a new Department Head and to Brandon it was just like any another day at work except that there was a party going on in the breakroom.

Brandon was somewhat tired 'cause being a muggle doctor and a charmist was, you know, exhausting. But here he was, ready to do his job and though he wasn't very excited to join the party, 'cause let's admit it there was no one in the Department that he could call "friend", he decided to go into the breakroom. He was not antisocial he was TIRED, okay?

He looked around with hands inside his pockets and nodded to anyone who he made eye contact with. Then spotted the new department head and walked towards her to introduce himself, "Welcome to the Department of Mysteries, I'm Brandon Knox" and held his hand out.

He moved towards another woman who seemed to share his state of mind. "Not the party you expected?" said with a tiny smirk.

SHREWD | DUTIFUL | UNYIELDING
watching you, always watching
Old 04-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM & DMAC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elsa Pinkerton-Oliveira
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gallowglass Pinkerton
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Thomas Black
Default Literally, EVERYONE.

SPOILER!!: Everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam

Quote:

Addison gave the two men a small smile and quietly excused herself for just a moment while they were both speaking (Adam and Thomas). A nice hot cup of freshly brewed coffee was what she needed and it would only take herself a moment to grab herself a cup. Slipping away she walked the few steps over to the machine preparing herself her usual cup. Taking a small sip to ensure it was just as she wanted. It was of course. That taken care of she grabbed herself a paper plate setting a pastry on it to take back with her. No sense in going hungry while she got to know everyone.

With her cup and plate in hand the blonde returned herself to the conversation or well at least to where everyone was still gathered around.

SPOILER!!: Thomas

"Originally yes. I also spent quite sometime in Ireland as well before returning to America." It was fair to say she didn't move often but when she did she moved quite the distance. Addison knew her accent was still heavy and easily picked up on but she didn't mind it in the least. As the conversation moved onto talk of the mans son she nibbled at her pastry making sure to swallow fully before replying. "That's nice, how's he liking it there? Is that so? I bet he's excited about that." Not many kids would turn down seeing dragon eggs. Her son certainly wouldn't.

SPOILER!!: Blaire, Oliver and Sam

-----

---------------

As more people entered the Break Room, Addison found herself shifting her attention to each of them. Both women and the man got a smile from her as well as "Hello's" and "Please, help yourselves" in comment of the food she hoped they would enjoy. Food always helped when meeting new people.

"I am. It's nice to meet you Sam, my name is Addison Anders," she greeted warmly in return accepting the women's hand and shaking it firmly after having set down her coffee cup first. No spillage was going to be happening on her part, especially not hot coffee.

Wanting to make sure she hadn't missed anyone arriving she let her blue eyes can over the room briefly. There off to the side away from most everyone was a man she hadn't noticed come in. Addison offered him a small nod of her head to show she had now seen him. For now she would leave him be as he appeared to either be a quiet one or he was just enjoying his coffee. Either way she made note to speak with him shortly even if it was simply to introduce herself to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
Apparently tiny babies didn’t know or understand when you needed to leave the house… At least that was the impression that Hazel had gotten this morning when trying to hand Inara over to Boo so that she could leave for the ministry with Mammy… Every time she handed over the new-born, she started crying only to stop when she was given back to her. Honestly, she had considered taking her with her to work… but the potion fumes were not what her precious bundle needed…

She finally made it to work, a little late to the party - but it didn’t matter because Uncle Jasper would understand. She moved into the break room only to find everyone talking to… a woman. Who was not Jasper.

…………..

She looked around the break room, silent and confused. Suddenly she wished she had just called in sick to spend the day with Inara… where was he? Sighing a little, she took a few steps further in, moving towards Adam. His bigger frame would hide her until she was slightly less confused… confusion was never a good trait for her personality and she didn’t want to be rude to her …. new department head? That was the last thing she needed on top of sleepless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyGirl View Post
So apparently there was a new Department Head and to Brandon it was just like any another day at work except that there was a party going on in the breakroom.

Brandon was somewhat tired 'cause being a muggle doctor and a charmist was, you know, exhausting. But here he was, ready to do his job and though he wasn't very excited to join the party, 'cause let's admit it there was no one in the Department that he could call "friend", he decided to go into the breakroom. He was not antisocial he was TIRED, okay?

He looked around with hands inside his pockets and nodded to anyone who he made eye contact with. Then spotted the new department head and walked towards her to introduce himself, "Welcome to the Department of Mysteries, I'm Brandon Knox" and held his hand out.

He moved towards another woman who seemed to share his state of mind. "Not the party you expected?" said with a tiny smirk.

People just kept coming in and gathering around them. They were now a reasonable circle of people whose silences were punctuated by the munching sound of their jaws. That notion made him chuckle. A man and a woman arrived one shortly after he other and Thomas kept nodding his head to them. If he kept this up he might end up without a neck.

He turned to his department head once again, grinning "Ireland! Took a few days off with my wife last year, for Saint Patrick's day? It was pretty amazing." he gave her a lopsided grin before continuing "Oh yes, Wes loves it at Hogwarts. Plus this year he has discovered girls as something more than friends and.. it's quite interesting." he chuckled. Yes Wes was infatuated by one of his colleagues and it pleased Thomas very much to see his son experience his first love.

"The dragon thing though... priceless really. Do you have children? I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind to show the eggs to some more kids!" well he wasn't sure Mordred was all that nice. He seemed a little.. sketchy when they first met. But..

Another couple of people entered. One of them, a woman, seemed baffled by the gathering and was eyeing Addison like she couldn't believe it. Thomas shuffled his weight. "Well, hello there!" he greeted them.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1

Text Cut: Thomas and Addison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojogali;11901610[color=#8258fa
Aaaaand, there goes his German. "I wouldn't call it speaking.." he chuckled looking in the direction where Adam was eating mouthfuls of food. Merlin that man could eat! Looking at the rate he was downing food Thomas wasn't sure there would be any left in 30 minutes, so he picked up some more pastries for his plate. "I can ask for a table at a restaurant, say some pleasantries but that's it. My German is pretty limited I'm afraid..." he took a bite out of a particularly succulent croissant "No need to ask if you're German, that's quite obvious but have you moved here recently?" he asked with curiosity. Such diversity! America, Germany. This department became more interesting by the minute. Thomas wondered if they were both in the same department. That would be nice, maybe he could learn some more German with him.
Quote:

Adam chewed and chewed as Thomas tried to follow the man’s explanation. Something about only being able to order at a restaurant. Very well, at least had the importance of food down! Adam swallowed, blue eyes darting past Thomas briefly to see what else there was around. He didn’t recognize half the food in the room, not that it would keep him from eating it. A question brought his attention back to Thomas. He tried to focus. What was he asking? Oh…oh! Yes… had he moved recently…. He wiggled his head back and forth in an odd way that indicated neither yes nor no. “No real-tee.” He said with a shrug. “I move round lot befort zis.” It took Adam a moment to realize he should probably ask the male a question in return, considering it was only polite. “Vat of you?”

The new head seemed rather popular, but then again, the party was for people to meet and greet her…if Adam read the memo correctly. It had come while he was in the middle of frying and dying some potion ingredients for his latest experiment and hadn’t really had the time to give it a proper one-over. She returned quietly to their conversation and when a lull in people in traducing themselves allowed , Thomas and she continued talking about children and dragon’s eggs.

Text Cut: Hazel-sha-zay-al! and Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
Quote:
Another couple of people entered. One of them, a woman, seemed baffled by the gathering and was eyeing Addison like she couldn't believe it. Thomas shuffled his weight. "Well, hello there!" he greeted them.

Thomas had offered to see if Addison’s child-person wanted to come along and Adam was trying to figure out how to ask if he could go along when he felt someone slip behind him. A whiff of a rather aromatic perfume he’d become accustomed to this past year informed him it was Hazel. He wondered why she was hiding behind him, but knew better then to ask his work-partner in front of a crowd. Most likely the baby had spit up on her dress and she hadn’t had the time to clean it up or change. Since the woman was using him as a shield, Adam new better than to not act as one. Least he be threatened with babysitting duties again.

“Za-mus,” Adam asked, trying to move the conversation away from Hazel and also using it as an opportunity to weasel into the Dragon conversation. “Zink I could go zee dragon?”

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 04-11-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #22 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12
Default You Wonderful People You!

The food and drinks mainly the coffee appeared to be a small hit which pleased the women a great deal. It made her proud of her quick choice in having a small gathering with food allowing them all to warm up to one another rather then a stiff boring meeting. However she hoped that her team knew that just because she might be providing them with food as well as talking and having a laugh or two with them now didn't mean she would allow them to slack off on their work. This she didn't think was so as she watched another man and women enter the room.

The women (Hazel) looked perplexed as to what was going on. Surely she had gotten the notices that Addison was now the new head of the department. Maybe it was something else. It wasn't her place to ask, at least not with a room full of other people. What she did though was offer a small and a polite nod of her head in greeting. "Please enjoy some pastries or coffee if you like." That's why she had come yes? Or was it to check her out and see if she was worthy of the position?

Brandon Knox as he had just introduced himself received a handshake. "Thank you Brandon, I'm Addison in case you haven't been able to tell." She offered a small laugh to show she was merrily joking and didn't mean nothing by it. It wasn't hard to tell who she was seeing as how everyone seemed to form a circle around her. Luckily she wasn't one to shy away from people.

Attention drawn back towards Thomas and Adam as the men spoke she listened a moment. "It is. I really enjoyed my years there." One day she would go back but chances were it wouldn't be anytime soon. "Ah yes, my niece has her first boyfriend and drives my brother in law insane with talk about the boy." It was rather funny even if Evan didn't think so. First loves and relationships were always a sweet thing.

Addison smiled softly nodding her head in agreement. Not many would turn down a chance to see a dragon. "I do. A son. He's almost nine." The offer to allow Koen a chance to see a dragon or even just it's egg was one she couldn't turn down for him. "He would love that if it's possible." She wouldn't be telling him until she knew for sure. Getting a child's hopes up for something that might not happen was never a good thing to do.

You are Bread!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

DoM & AC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Addison Ayers
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes

Sam gave a nod to those around her, and headed to the table of edibles. She was always curious for food, but she didn't feel as guilty since she didn't go straight towards it. She looked at the options, and couldn't help picking up a plate and a donut.. oh and maybe that one too.

She made her way back to where the majority of her coworkers were standing, and she just listened a bit.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Oliver made a beeline for the refreshment table. Might as well get something to eat which not only provided him with some sustenance but also allowed him to hang back and watch while he was under the guise of being occupied. And then he could scope out who to talk to. 'Please help yourself...' yes, he definitely would.

As he took advantage of the vegetables and dip, he took a look around the room. Most people were talking to one person who he heard introduce herself. Ah, yes, their new department head. He'd have to go over and say hello to Addison himself once the crowd died down, but for now he'd wait until he saw the opportunity. No need to overwhelm the poor woman.

His eyes scanned the room a bit, landing on one that he recognized from the Ever-Locked Room (Hazel). He thought for a moment about saying hello, giving her a half-smile, before noticing another man beating him to the punch. Again, maybe he'd wait for a pause in conversation. Somehow he just didn't finding striking up conversation in a room of people that he didn't know or barely knew as easy as his sister.

Still hanging out near the food table, Oliver glanced up at the younger woman (Sam) as she selected a few things for herself. She also seemed to take to the side of the room and he sort of wondered if she was also a newer employee. "Hello," he nodded to her. "I'm Oliver... I don't believe we've met," he added before taking a bite of a carrot stick loaded up with dip.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
Old 04-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM & DMAC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elsa Pinkerton-Oliveira
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gallowglass Pinkerton
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Thomas Black

Thomas took the brief moments of silence as everyone chewed down their pastries and drank their coffee to do the same. By that moment he felt pleasantly full and was considering putting his plate down when he heard Adam’s strong accent. “I’ve moved a couple of times inside the UK never abroad. I married shortly after getting out of Hogwarts, my wife got pregnant with our first son not long after that either, so moving wasn’t really an option for us” he grinned and resumed his task of placing his plate on a nearby empty table.

Both Adam and Addison showed interest in seeing the dragon - Addison for her son and Adam for himself? Thomas let out a good heartily laugh and gave Adam a pat in the back “I’m not sure how Mordred will handle if I bring too many people but for me the more the merrier!” he exclaimed laughing again with good humor. Yes, Thomas was a very jovial man who enjoyed a good laugh, and something about the way Adam tried to slid the question in, brought warmth to his heart. Dragons weren’t things of wonder just for kids, himself was eager to watch the eggs watch and it was pleasant to see that someone else was too.

He noticed more people entering and took a step back to allow them to join their little gathering circle. Adam still had a lady partially hidden behind him - which was strange but Thomas didn’t pay much attention. He was used to strange, he dealt with it on a daily basis after all.

“So, Addison, what else can we expect this year for our department? Any idea if there’s something exciting coming out way?” que inquired with curiosity, rubbing his now empty hands.