sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1074 users online including...
Svetlsfc , Hannahyfx

2 members
1072 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Street Vendors

Though numerous street peddlers line the streets of Diagon Alley, customers would be wise to be wary of them. Any number of items can be found hawked on the streets daily, many useless and some illegal. One might be able to buy a cheaper wand, running the risk of it exploding during use. Bottoms have been known to fall out of the defective cauldrons bought from one of the carts. Not all is bad, though. Discounted jewelry can be bought, though the gold or gems may not be pure. One some days, a hag comes through with a cart of wind-chimes, some proclaimed to warn of burglars. Often, knick-knacks and small décor can be found in various carts. Be warned, though – sometimes the items being sold have been stolen from others.

Beyond item hawkers, various stalls are set up selling street food. Try a Cauldron Bread (a bread bowl carved out with soup or chowder served inside), stop by and grab some skewers/kebabs to go, hit up the Confetti Popcorn (the fizzy popcorn is supposedly made with real Muggle soda and fizzes in your mouth; dill pickle flavored even crunches like a pickle; berry flavored popcorn actually has dried cranberries, which goes well with the raspberry, blackberry and strawberry flavored popcorn). If you’re looking for a quick snack, the streets have enough.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Eiji/Pixie!
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Nettie had gone shopping with her older brother Jimmy babysitting her the past two years, so she had never really had the option to get out and explore on her own. By explore, she obviously meant sample all the food.

That Cauldron Bread was practically CALLING her name as she headed down near the street vendors, her grumbling stomach definitely encouraging her to grab one. She picked one with chowder and sat down on a nearby bench, ready to dig in. Hmm, perhaps this would have been easier to eat at a table...should have thought this through a bit more...

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 12-17-2018, 01:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Nettie had gone shopping with her older brother Jimmy babysitting her the past two years, so she had never really had the option to get out and explore on her own. By explore, she obviously meant sample all the food.

That Cauldron Bread was practically CALLING her name as she headed down near the street vendors, her grumbling stomach definitely encouraging her to grab one. She picked one with chowder and sat down on a nearby bench, ready to dig in. Hmm, perhaps this would have been easier to eat at a table...should have thought this through a bit more...
He had some change to spare after hitting up a few essential shops - mostly inks and quills since he was always loosing them in the organized chaos that was his room - and an afternoon to himself until grandpa was finished with his work at the Ministry or if dad finished with his research and came to get him. Really though, Eiji was hoping for neither and enjoyed just being able to walk around with his own peace of mind and drown out all the other unnecessary noise.

Save for that of his stomach rumbling. The Leaky Cauldron was far too expensive and he had no sweet tooth that needed assuring, so to the vendors it was.

And he easily spotted Trinetta with the exact same thought in mind. "Which did you get?" And was it good? Worth the money?

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 12-18-2018, 04:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

He had some change to spare after hitting up a few essential shops - mostly inks and quills since he was always loosing them in the organized chaos that was his room - and an afternoon to himself until grandpa was finished with his work at the Ministry or if dad finished with his research and came to get him. Really though, Eiji was hoping for neither and enjoyed just being able to walk around with his own peace of mind and drown out all the other unnecessary noise.

Save for that of his stomach rumbling. The Leaky Cauldron was far too expensive and he had no sweet tooth that needed assuring, so to the vendors it was.

And he easily spotted Trinetta with the exact same thought in mind. "Which did you get?" And was it good? Worth the money?
Nettie looked up when she heard a familiar voice and grinned as Eiji approached. She nodded and looked down at her bowl. "Yup, it's really good! A bit warm for a summers day but...I'm hungry, so I don't mind," she giggled. She wiggled a bit to the side to open up a space next to her, if he wanted to sit.

"Do you want to try some?" she asked, scooping up some with her spoon and holding it out slightly in offering.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 12-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

Nettie looked up when she heard a familiar voice and grinned as Eiji approached. She nodded and looked down at her bowl. "Yup, it's really good! A bit warm for a summers day but...I'm hungry, so I don't mind," she giggled. She wiggled a bit to the side to open up a space next to her, if he wanted to sit.

"Do you want to try some?" she asked, scooping up some with her spoon and holding it out slightly in offering.
Taking up her silent offer to sit beside her, he eyed the soup bowl in her possession and considered. Though he had not been entirely prepared for her to offer to feed him like that. "Uh...sure..." he nodded, leaning forward cautiously to take that free bite.

"Not bad." It was good...but not the sort of thing he wanted to spend his money on at the moment.

Leans back a little, mostly so he could observe her a bit more clearly. "You're looking well." For the record.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 12-24-2018, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Patrick walked through the streets of Diagon Alley as his stomach grumbled at him. He wasn’t sure just how much longer he could wait on food. He had been hoping his mom would grab him for lunch but she had texted him about an hour ago letting him know that he really needed to get some food.

He wasn’t sure what exactly he was going to get yet but he knew he was going to get food. He pushed his hand in his pocket to figure out what kind of money he had in his hand and figure out his meal. He looked around the street trying to see if he knew anyone around the street. Spotting no one he decided on a bread bowl and walked over toward the stand.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Patrick walked through the streets of Diagon Alley as his stomach grumbled at him. He wasn’t sure just how much longer he could wait on food. He had been hoping his mom would grab him for lunch but she had texted him about an hour ago letting him know that he really needed to get some food.

He wasn’t sure what exactly he was going to get yet but he knew he was going to get food. He pushed his hand in his pocket to figure out what kind of money he had in his hand and figure out his meal. He looked around the street trying to see if he knew anyone around the street. Spotting no one he decided on a bread bowl and walked over toward the stand.
In between hanging out at her friends' houses and meeting up with people (and being told that they were LEAVING THE COUNTRY!!!!), Anahera had ended up spending most of her summer in Diagon Alley. There was a lot to do and see after all and she usually encountered people she knew from school. So that was definitely a whole lot more interesting than sitting around by herself at her uncle's place.

Having just bought herself a bubble waffle, she was about to leave for some window shopping over at Madame Malkin's when she spotted someone who looked familiar. It was the Slytherin Prefect! They weren't close but he would do as company for now, so Anahera quickly headed over to him. "Hey." She grinned while putting a piece of strawberry into her mouth with her wooden fork. "Are you getting something to eat?" At this point she'd tried moooooost of the items that were sold around here.

She was basically an expert.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 12-26-2018, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
In between hanging out at her friends' houses and meeting up with people (and being told that they were LEAVING THE COUNTRY!!!!), Anahera had ended up spending most of her summer in Diagon Alley. There was a lot to do and see after all and she usually encountered people she knew from school. So that was definitely a whole lot more interesting than sitting around by herself at her uncle's place.

Having just bought herself a bubble waffle, she was about to leave for some window shopping over at Madame Malkin's when she spotted someone who looked familiar. It was the Slytherin Prefect! They weren't close but he would do as company for now, so Anahera quickly headed over to him. "Hey." She grinned while putting a piece of strawberry into her mouth with her wooden fork. "Are you getting something to eat?" At this point she'd tried moooooost of the items that were sold around here.

She was basically an expert.
He turned around after deciding on getting a chicken kebab. He was just about to head over to the vendor to pick one up when he heard a hey hollered in his general direction. He turned around quickly to see Anahera. He recognized her from the school, they hadn't hung out much but he had seen her around.

He smiled brightly like he often did to those he knew. It was a habit that he wasn't afraid of anymore. He had gained more confidence as he had grown into his height and his new teenage body. It was weird being almost 15. "Hey. Yeah I'm going to try and get a kebab." he smiled back, trying to see what she had gotten. "What'd you get?"

He peered over into her hands as he kept his hands in his pockets of his jeans arms flexing in the black t-shirt he had on. The most muggle outfit he could have on in Diagon Alley.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Taking up her silent offer to sit beside her, he eyed the soup bowl in her possession and considered. Though he had not been entirely prepared for her to offer to feed him like that. "Uh...sure..." he nodded, leaning forward cautiously to take that free bite.

"Not bad." It was good...but not the sort of thing he wanted to spend his money on at the moment.

Leans back a little, mostly so he could observe her a bit more clearly. "You're looking well." For the record.
Nettie laughed when he seemed so hesitant to take a bite. ”It’s not the poison chowder, I promise!” she joked with a wink. Or maybe he thought she had cooties. Did boys still think that? She hadn’t heard cooties mentioned since she had been in primary school with muggle kids. But she had also heard boys don’t mature as fast as girls SO. Yeah. Either way, she smiles as he took a bite and nodded at his assessment. Yes, not bad.

She took another bite and then smiled when he said she was looking well. It was hard NOT to be in a great mood, considering how excited she was to see the dictator of Hogwarts get kicked to the curb at the end of term. “Thanks!” she said with a hair flip. “As do you. Good summer so far?” She asked.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
He turned around after deciding on getting a chicken kebab. He was just about to head over to the vendor to pick one up when he heard a hey hollered in his general direction. He turned around quickly to see Anahera. He recognized her from the school, they hadn't hung out much but he had seen her around.

He smiled brightly like he often did to those he knew. It was a habit that he wasn't afraid of anymore. He had gained more confidence as he had grown into his height and his new teenage body. It was weird being almost 15. "Hey. Yeah I'm going to try and get a kebab." he smiled back, trying to see what she had gotten. "What'd you get?"

He peered over into her hands as he kept his hands in his pockets of his jeans arms flexing in the black t-shirt he had on. The most muggle outfit he could have on in Diagon Alley.
Using her hand's wrist to push her sunglasses on the top of her head without letting go of her fork, Anahera glanced back over to where the kebabs were being sold. "Good choice!" She nodded towards the respective vendor and started heading there, obviously expecting Patrick to follow. She was going to join him now.

Sorry not sorry.

"I'm eating a bubble waffle with chocolate sauce and strawberries." She tore off a piece of the waffle, dipped into the sauce and held it out to him. "Wanna try?" Because she had A LOT of waffle.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}
Old 03-24-2019, 11:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Default Anyone?
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Ivanna brushed back her red hair and she took a whiff from one of the street food carts. Nothing pleased the young Quidditch player quite like the smell of good food. She'd learned back in her school days that nothing beat street vendor food, especially during festival times.

Sure, it wasn't quite a festival and it wasn't quite world cup yet, but it seemed like the stalls were popping up and the sales season was in full swing.

She walked a few stalls down and repeated the process.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 04-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default Anyone
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quidditch was in the air, the minds, the food, the clothes, and every other aspect it could find as far as Jorge could see. It had been the topic of everything for months now and honestly, the editor and chief was getting tired of it. He liked quidditch, but he wasn't the full-blown excited fan that most were, he didn't even care to have his children play, but they both seemed to enjoy it, so he stayed quiet about it. He had his reasons for his not so excited tone, but he held it in for the good of the paper, his friends, and his wife.

Today he was out trying to find some news that might not be quidditch related and all he found was quidditch. He should have known better to go out looking for something during the very week the match was to be played. Especially near the street vendors, which seemed to have doubled since the last time he walked around. Did they all have permits, which if they didn't could be a good story about the illegal happenings during a match.

Actually, that could be a good angle to put someone on. Pulling out a small notebook he wrote down some notes to take into his journalist and see what they could come up with. There had to be some things going on, had anyone been near Knockturn Alley recently?
Old 04-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Hungry, she was.

Picking through the coins in her pocket, without trying to lose any of them, Odaline was trying to get enough together for a meal that she could make last for the entire day or even through tomorrow. She knew that one place sold these bread bowls and she figured that if she asked nicely for the bread that had been cut out of the bowls.. she might get a deal.

Bread was filling. And she could portion it for a little while if it was wrapped properly.

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Old 04-15-2019, 11:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
Hungry, she was.

Picking through the coins in her pocket, without trying to lose any of them, Odaline was trying to get enough together for a meal that she could make last for the entire day or even through tomorrow. She knew that one place sold these bread bowls and she figured that if she asked nicely for the bread that had been cut out of the bowls.. she might get a deal.

Bread was filling. And she could portion it for a little while if it was wrapped properly.
ALEXANDER was here! He was spending the day in Diagon Alley with some family members, getting a few things that he would need for next year at HOGWARTS. He was going to be a SECOND YEAR and he was extremely excited about it, could you tell? In one pocket he had a list of things he needed. This included mostly his books and a few potions ingredients to pick up from the apothecary. In the other pocket was a small bag of money. Enough for the things he needed plus a little bit of spending money for something fun. He kept thinking of different things he could spend it on. Maybe candy. Or something for his sisters.

That was why he found himself here, at the street vendors. Whatever he wanted to spend his money on, he could find it here. If he wanted a treat he could get that from one of the vendors. If he wanted to find something neat for one of his sisters he was sure he could find that here too. It was so fun looking at all the interesting things.

Then he saw someone he recognized! Someone from school! He couldn't remember her name but he knew she was in the same year as him. Wait! Yes, she was the one who bit people sometimes. Luckily, that didn't bother Alexander. He considered everyone a friend, and he was just excited to see someone from school. "HI!" He called out to her and waved enthusiastically.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
ALEXANDER was here! He was spending the day in Diagon Alley with some family members, getting a few things that he would need for next year at HOGWARTS. He was going to be a SECOND YEAR and he was extremely excited about it, could you tell? In one pocket he had a list of things he needed. This included mostly his books and a few potions ingredients to pick up from the apothecary. In the other pocket was a small bag of money. Enough for the things he needed plus a little bit of spending money for something fun. He kept thinking of different things he could spend it on. Maybe candy. Or something for his sisters.

That was why he found himself here, at the street vendors. Whatever he wanted to spend his money on, he could find it here. If he wanted a treat he could get that from one of the vendors. If he wanted to find something neat for one of his sisters he was sure he could find that here too. It was so fun looking at all the interesting things.

Then he saw someone he recognized! Someone from school! He couldn't remember her name but he knew she was in the same year as him. Wait! Yes, she was the one who bit people sometimes. Luckily, that didn't bother Alexander. He considered everyone a friend, and he was just excited to see someone from school. "HI!" He called out to her and waved enthusiastically.
Odaline was still quietly counting out her coins without approaching any of the vendors because she already did not want to speak to anyone more than she had to when asking for food. She would get her money out in exact change and then approach. This made her feel more at ease as she could walk away immediately after receiving her food, but also because she could run before all of that if needed.

The languages of tourists all around her had sank into white noise and she no longer cared about paying attention to it all. However, the loud calling of 'hi' and the waving made her drop her money on the floor and STARE at the kid that she recognised.

There were many choice words that she had for him right now. But instead, she hissed and dove to the floor to collect her coins.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default Just in Jorge's nature... Odaline and Alexander

He had been watching all around him so of course, he had noticed the children running around, but one stood out from the rest. A little girl that seemed uneasy and looking at her coins. He had seen this many times in his years of searching for stories, but it meant many different things. A little girl spending her allowance, a child who just got money from her parents, or a child without parents trying to get something without having enough money. He wasn't fully sure which this was and he knew some got offended when others tried to help, but Jorge wasn't one to just not do anything.

As he strolled down the alley looking at the vendors he came to a stop in front of the children, "Hello there, my name is Jorge De La Garza and I'm the editor at the Daily Prophet. Mind if I ask you a few questions about summer? I'll buy you both something from one of the food vendors if you help me out with my story. It's about the fun things kids can do around here in the summer."

Hopefully, that was a way to get them food if they needed and if they didn't he would maybe make their day by not spending their own allowance on food.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

SPOILER!!: Odaline and Jorge
Quote:
Odaline was still quietly counting out her coins without approaching any of the vendors because she already did not want to speak to anyone more than she had to when asking for food. She would get her money out in exact change and then approach. This made her feel more at ease as she could walk away immediately after receiving her food, but also because she could run before all of that if needed.

The languages of tourists all around her had sank into white noise and she no longer cared about paying attention to it all. However, the loud calling of 'hi' and the waving made her drop her money on the floor and STARE at the kid that she recognised.

There were many choice words that she had for him right now. But instead, she hissed and dove to the floor to collect her coins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
He had been watching all around him so of course, he had noticed the children running around, but one stood out from the rest. A little girl that seemed uneasy and looking at her coins. He had seen this many times in his years of searching for stories, but it meant many different things. A little girl spending her allowance, a child who just got money from her parents, or a child without parents trying to get something without having enough money. He wasn't fully sure which this was and he knew some got offended when others tried to help, but Jorge wasn't one to just not do anything.

As he strolled down the alley looking at the vendors he came to a stop in front of the children, "Hello there, my name is Jorge De La Garza and I'm the editor at the Daily Prophet. Mind if I ask you a few questions about summer? I'll buy you both something from one of the food vendors if you help me out with my story. It's about the fun things kids can do around here in the summer."

Hopefully, that was a way to get them food if they needed and if they didn't he would maybe make their day by not spending their own allowance on food.

Alexander had started to walk toward her after calling out and waving. So he was approaching when he saw her drop her coins. Oops. Had he startled her and made her drop her money? That definitely had not been his intention. But Alexander liked to be helpful, and he didn't want her to lose any of the coins, so he dived to the ground as well, scooping up some change from under people's feet. "Here," he said happily, holding the handful of coins he'd scooped up out in her direction.

When a man approached them, Alexander remained wary at first. He wasn't really supposed to talk to strangers. There were all kinds of people in Diagon Alley, some of them not very nice. But he said he was from the Daily Prophet, so that sounded alright. Except... what if he was just saying that to make them think he was alright? "Do you have a badge?"
Old 04-17-2019, 04:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

Oda focused on the floor as she picked up as many of the coins as she could. She was hoping to mask the tears that had filled her eyes at the thought of everyone maybe looking at her. When Alexander (yes, she knew who he was) offered her the coins, she clawed them out of his palm and stuffed them immediately back into her pocket before screwing her eyes shut and getting rid of the tears so she could stand up.

Only...when she stood up, there was a man there. And Odaline knew well enough that a man was just as easily a bad man as he could be a good man. So Oda said nothing, only looked the man over. Which pocket was thicker than the other and therefore concealed a wallet. Where his wand was holstered. And how she could get away from here in a matter of seconds after taking both of those things.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Jorge watched both children and smiled at the boy, that was good that he asked, but he assumed he was from Hogwarts and always expect the worst when raised there. His own children in a different school he wasn't at all thrilled to ever have any children attend there, though his niece and nephew did.

"Of course I have my badge" reaching into the front pocket he pulled his Daily Prophet ID out and showed them both. "Now, I do have a self-writing quill I hope that won't be to distracting if you will answer just a few questions." Pulling out his quill so it looked legit he started thinking of questions to ask.

"So what is fun around the alley this summer? Is there enough activities or do the youth feel that there should be more?"
Old 04-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Lena had untangled herself from her mum, who was busy with Elsie and Oliver, and jingled the coins that were in her pocket. She was hungry and it to the Street Vendors she went. Partly because she was always fascinated by them, but also because she wanted to stay close enough to her mum that she could wave out if her mother noticed she was missing. Which she wouldn't, because Lena was invisible to her. Being at Hogwarts had been great though, and she loved that she wasn't having to take responsibility of her siblings. Nope, she was being taken care of. She saw the cauldron bread and had a sudden craving for one, even though it was warm. She loved soup.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 04-19-2019, 12:42 AM   #21 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Default Grabs
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Lena had untangled herself from her mum, who was busy with Elsie and Oliver, and jingled the coins that were in her pocket. She was hungry and it to the Street Vendors she went. Partly because she was always fascinated by them, but also because she wanted to stay close enough to her mum that she could wave out if her mother noticed she was missing. Which she wouldn't, because Lena was invisible to her. Being at Hogwarts had been great though, and she loved that she wasn't having to take responsibility of her siblings. Nope, she was being taken care of. She saw the cauldron bread and had a sudden craving for one, even though it was warm. She loved soup.
Second mug of butterbeer in hand, Aoife was now wandering the street vendors, hoping to find the second ingredient in her latest idea. Thus far, amidst the various knick-knacks --which reminded her, she needed to find a gift for Gráinne--, she'd seen some sort of kabobs, and weird varieties of popcorn, but not what she was looking for.

Aoife stopped to inspect some jewelry offered at one cart. Their offerings were...eclectic, but nothing really seemed perfect. Not like the left-handed mug her sister got her, which read, I might be left-handed but I'm always right, and would spill on you if you tried to drink it right-handed. Frowning, Aoife renewed her search.

Maybe it would be faster to ask? There was a girl, probably about Aoife's age --it was hard to tell as she was facing away--, in the queue for...breaded soup bowls? Odd. Though, she might know, so Aoife marched up to the girl and tapped her on the shoulder. "Em, sorry. Do you know if any of t'e vendors sell chips? I want to try dipping t'em in my butterbeer and see how t'ey taste."
Old 04-19-2019, 12:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Second mug of butterbeer in hand, Aoife was now wandering the street vendors, hoping to find the second ingredient in her latest idea. Thus far, amidst the various knick-knacks --which reminded her, she needed to find a gift for Gráinne--, she'd seen some sort of kabobs, and weird varieties of popcorn, but not what she was looking for.

Aoife stopped to inspect some jewelry offered at one cart. Their offerings were...eclectic, but nothing really seemed perfect. Not like the left-handed mug her sister got her, which read, I might be left-handed but I'm always right, and would spill on you if you tried to drink it right-handed. Frowning, Aoife renewed her search.

Maybe it would be faster to ask? There was a girl, probably about Aoife's age --it was hard to tell as she was facing away--, in the queue for...breaded soup bowls? Odd. Though, she might know, so Aoife marched up to the girl and tapped her on the shoulder. "Em, sorry. Do you know if any of t'e vendors sell chips? I want to try dipping t'em in my butterbeer and see how t'ey taste."
Lena thought the tap on her shoulder would be her mother, but as she turned she saw it was from a girl her age. Wanting chips. Chips were delicious, and Lena thought it made sense for someone to want to eat them, until she mentioned wanting to dip them into her butterbeer. Lena couldn't help but let out a bit of a giggle. It didn't sound particularly nice, but who was she to tell the girl that. "I haven't seen any but they might. Otherwise there's the Leaky Cauldron just up that way. They would sell chips."

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 04-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8

SPOILER!!: Oda and Jorge
Quote:
Oda focused on the floor as she picked up as many of the coins as she could. She was hoping to mask the tears that had filled her eyes at the thought of everyone maybe looking at her. When Alexander (yes, she knew who he was) offered her the coins, she clawed them out of his palm and stuffed them immediately back into her pocket before screwing her eyes shut and getting rid of the tears so she could stand up.

Only...when she stood up, there was a man there. And Odaline knew well enough that a man was just as easily a bad man as he could be a good man. So Oda said nothing, only looked the man over. Which pocket was thicker than the other and therefore concealed a wallet. Where his wand was holstered. And how she could get away from here in a matter of seconds after taking both of those things.
Quote:
Jorge watched both children and smiled at the boy, that was good that he asked, but he assumed he was from Hogwarts and always expect the worst when raised there. His own children in a different school he wasn't at all thrilled to ever have any children attend there, though his niece and nephew did.

"Of course I have my badge" reaching into the front pocket he pulled his Daily Prophet ID out and showed them both. "Now, I do have a self-writing quill I hope that won't be to distracting if you will answer just a few questions." Pulling out his quill so it looked legit he started thinking of questions to ask.

"So what is fun around the alley this summer? Is there enough activities or do the youth feel that there should be more?"

Ouch, that kind of hurt. He glanced at his palm where she had scratched him and even left a little red mark. But it was okay. He was going to assume that it was an accident. But she looked... not great. What was it, exactly? Upset? He couldn't really tell for sure because he didn't know her well enough to know what she was usually like. "Are you, um, alright?"

He peered at the badge the man was showing them. Okay, seemed legit. That was good enough for him! He wasn't quite sure how to answer those questions though. What activities were there even around the alley? This was a place for shopping, not having fun. Not that some shopping couldn't be fun. "Um, I don't think there are very many activities. But I like to get ice cream. That's fun! Or buy candy." Was that what he wanted? Alexander glanced at... what was the girl's name again? It definitely started with an O. Or maybe an A.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #24 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:

x7 x5

SPOILER!!: Jorge and Alexander
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Ouch, that kind of hurt. He glanced at his palm where she had scratched him and even left a little red mark. But it was okay. He was going to assume that it was an accident. But she looked... not great. What was it, exactly? Upset? He couldn't really tell for sure because he didn't know her well enough to know what she was usually like. "Are you, um, alright?"

He peered at the badge the man was showing them. Okay, seemed legit. That was good enough for him! He wasn't quite sure how to answer those questions though. What activities were there even around the alley? This was a place for shopping, not having fun. Not that some shopping couldn't be fun. "Um, I don't think there are very many activities. But I like to get ice cream. That's fun! Or buy candy." Was that what he wanted? Alexander glanced at... what was the girl's name again? It definitely started with an O. Or maybe an A.

She hadn't answered the boy from her year when he asked if she was alright.. instead, Oda wiped at her eyes and ignored anything to do with the emotions she had shown. Vulnerability was not something Buchanans showed or felt or were allowed to know existed.

The adult had shown his badge but Odaline still wasn't convinced but she would at least listen to the conversation and maybe answer. If it got her something to eat, that was. "Boring." She muttered. This summer, all anyone talked about was the flying thing. Which was good in some way because she had stolen at least four wallets from unsuspecting tourists. But she was still bored and alone.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #25 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Open post!
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Post-World Cup, Conley had expected to be able to spend more time with his boyfriend. However, that had not been the case. Business had kept them apart. Post-game paperwork and investigations were in full swing, and he was expecting his undercover buyers to be called in for questioning at some point.

He also hadn’t expected October to sneak up so quickly. Usually around this time of year, he fell into a rather depressed state. This year, the depression wasn’t as significant as years past. While that was a good thing, it left him feeling guilty. Which is why he was going to cancel his plans with Sachin this weekend. He needed to spend a little time alone, he thought. He needed to figure out a few personal things.

He wanted to send something to Sachin as a gift and an apology for canceling their plans. Should he send flowers? Sweets? A little token of affection? He wasn’t sure. At least while he browsed he would be able to relax a little.