sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1211 users online including...
Jacobzj , Holmesian Feline , PhoenixRising , Stevendalo , astrocat , uralldmex , FlixexNit

8 members
1203 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-14-2019, 01:55 AM

Default Potions Lesson 1

As you turn into the potions corridor for class, something appears, well...off. The wooden doors to the laboratory and Noble's office are there exactly where you'd expect, and yet, as you arrive outside the classroom, it becomes quickly apparent that there is no sign of the usual entrance. A plain, solid stone wall stands where the door would usually be, blocking your way.

Professor Noble is nowhere to be seen, though his overly large and grumpy cat, Annie, skulks further down the corridor.

Lesson progression:
Question 1 - START HERE!
Update 2
Update 3
Update 4
Update 5

Please tackle the doors in order, regardless of where others already are! So if you're stuck at Door 1, keep trying until you get to Door 2...then Door 3 and so on. I will be here and posting regularly to catch you up if you need.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #101 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

The Ravenclaw did not wait another second and as the door opened up after he had chosen his answer, he nearly stumbled over his own feet. He had this childish desire to win from a certain Gryffindor who had literally cut in front of him in order not to get wet and making him get the most blast . Apparently he did held grudges...

But as he walked swiftly to the piece of parchment, he noticed that the person in question had already written down her answer and he sighed. Oh well, guess he just had to get out of here so he picked up a quill and began to write down his answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parchment
If i see someone adding Polyjuice potion in someone's drink i would first tell the drinker not to drink it and explain to them that it is polyjuice potion and make sure to throw it away... But then i'd have no evidence... But if i keep it they could change the story and make me a suspect as well... In the case of keeping the potion as evidence, i would tell the person who added the polyjuice potion in the drink that i'd go to their Head of House because i believe they have the right to know and tell them to come along so they can apologise. I don't care if they have done something bad, if i snitch i'm just as bad.
He placed his quill down and waited.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:02 AM   #102 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Patrick was really starting to hate these doors. Why so many? Why couldn’t they just go on in and have this discussion like normal students? Instead he was playing troll bridge and it was really starting to make him... oh an open ended one.

He got closer to see what exactly the question was. Ah he had this answer ready to go. Grabbing some paper and his quill he started scribbling things down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by answer
If I saw someone slip a potion. I would:
1. Tell the person that they should not drink their drink because of a potion.
2. Immediately tell the headmaster/head of house to ensure that the proper measures are taken.
3. I would make sure when telling an adult that I mention who the culprit was.
Potions and magic in general is very much a privilege not a right.
With that patrick felt good. His mama always preached that she could take his wand and make him magicless at the drop of a hat and to not do anything bad. And this was a fine point. He waited to see if he had answered correctly... praying he had so he would be done.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:20 AM   #103 (permalink)
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

SPOILER!!: Door 3 – CORRECT answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
How was that WRONG?! Nettie let out a yelp as her hand broke out in boils. It was already sensitive due to the many scratches she'd given herself, thanks to - nerves? Dry skin? She wasn't even sure anymore - and now the boils on top of it? Small tears welled in her eyes and she quickly brushed them away with her good hand. No, she would NOT cry. This was not something to cry over. It was trivial and stupid.

Taking a deep breath, she tapped the final answer - none of the above. Because she was starting to think this was a trick question, and there was something wrong with each of these answers. Because the two she had selected (well, the one Chloe had selected had been her first bet but had refrained after she saw she got it wrong) had been the closest to being CORRECT in her mind. The others weren't even close, so it HAD to be none of the above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Hanna was about to walk into the door, being that her answer was wrong. And she hadn't been expecting that. She was frowning, reading the question again, when she felt it. Just strange. Initially just a bit like she'd washed her hand with soap and forgot to moisturise. It was a bit tight. She scrunched up her fist, feeling it pull taught. And then. Noticed them. Boils.

"Oh no," she gasped. Was this part of the punishment for getting a wrong answer, or was she breaking out in failure boils!?

To rule it out, she re-read the question, her wand hand shaking to get some cool air around the boils. Informed consent... informed consent... well perhaps there was more to informed consent than what was already there. Tapping the final answer, none of the above, she waited to see if that one was right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Breathe in, breathe out. Repeat. Cordelia gazed mistrustfully at the boy as he offered to help her. Would he really stick with her, or was he going to ditch her the first chance he had? Seeing as she didn’t have many other options other than continuing by herself, Cordelia opted to follow him. Doing this by herself clearly wasn’t working out so well. ”Okay.” Cordelia stuck a hand in her bag and glanced at something inside it before pulling out a box of raisins. While the boy deliberated his answer choice, she started snacking on the raisins. Watching which answer the boy selected, Cordelia tapped her wand on none of the above after he did. The door had allowed him through, so she was assuming this answer would also allow her to progress to the next stage. Were they even trying to get to the classroom here, or was it going to dump them back in the hallway?

By process of deduction, Nettie and Hanna had got the answer correct this time, and as they tapped the answer, the door opened and the boils disappeared without a trace. Cordelia too was allow to proceed after new friend Indigo. Inside the new room, a fourth question awaited, although there was no multiple choice this time. Next to the parchment, hanging from a piece of string, was a self-inking quill with invisible ink.

SPOILER!!: Parchment – fourth door

4. You think you saw someone slip a potion into a housemate’s drink. What should you do?

Write your answer below. Conferring is allowed, but everyone must answer for themselves.

SPOILER!!: Door 4 – CORRECT answers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy now was reading yet another piece of parchment but this time it wasn't multiple choice in terms of answers. She knew that conferring was permitted but she just wanted to answer the question.

She grabbed the quill and wrote:

SPOILER!!: Daisy's Answer

How to put this into words? Okay, I'll try. If I saw someone slip Polyjuice Potion into a housemate's drink, I would first tell the person whose drink had been tampered with not to drink the tainted drink. I would then inform my Head of House and the Headmaster on who administered the potion and who had their drink tampered with.

Daisy finished her answer and bit her lip slightly in nervousness. She didn't need this pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Conferring? With the likes of Zoryn, whose fault this entire lesson probably was anyway, what with the love potion in the pumpkin juice and the polyjuicing into Max? Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

Archer thought it over. Actually, it didn't take much thought, since if you cared about your housemate at all the correct answer was pretty obvious. So she grabbed the quill after Daisy gave her answer and quickly jotted down her own before putting the quill back down.

Besides, golden rule, right? That's what she'd want someone to do for her. Especially if said potion was poison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Ohhhhhhkay then. Seeing as no one was taking her up for a discussion, Zoryn went up to answer it by herself. There were many things she would do if she saw a housemate with a tampered drink. But it all depended on who that housemate was. If it was Anna Meriwether? She probably deserved whatever she had coming to her and Zoryn would honestly be the person slipping her the potion in the first place. So drink up, Anna!

If it were Faith... Things would be different. Zoryn would knock it out of her hands, explain later. Taking no risks for her best friend. Not now. Not ever. If it was one of the irrelevant underclassmen? Zoryn literally could not be bothered. Especially if she was at the other end of the table because letting them know would require effort.

But seeing as this was Professor Noble they were talking about, Zoryn knew that honesty wasn't really what he wanted. So when she went to answer the question, she decided to pretend like she was a decent human being. For all intents and purposes.

Ahem.

But that's as far as she'd go 'cause once it was with an adult it wouldn't be her problem anymore. Just sayin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Parchment three still didn't lead to the classroom, but at least her boils had completely cleared up. Nifty trick there, sir, and all bad feelings gone (for now... the day was young).

Chloe peered at the next parchment. An ESSAY? At a time like this? She pulled open her satchel and unrolled part of a roll of parchment. What would she do if someone spiked another student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Did Tina notice that her classmates' boils disappeared when they got the correct answer? Yes. Did that mean she found the idea of giving boils for incorrect answers more acceptable? Nope, she was still not okay with that! It was a cruel thing to do! If Noble wanted to give them incentive to get the correct answer (or whatever his reasoning behind it was), there were plenty of ways to do it that didn't involve hurting people.... though she would give the man credit for not leaving them stuck with boils indefinitely.

The dark-haired Ravenclaw glanced at her wand hand, half expecting it to break out in painful boils any moment, but that didn't happen. Ha, she out-tricked the trick question! She breathed a small sigh of relief as she stepped through the door. This time she wasn't the least bit surprised to find another door waiting for her, but she was surprised when she read the question and saw the quill dangling from a string. For a moment, she just stared at the parchment, unsure whether to feel annoyed or panicked. Did Noble switch to open-ended questions because the multiple choice ones weren't tripping up enough people? What was in store for the incorrect answers this time? Something worse than boils, she suspected. Whatever it was, she didn't want anyone to have to find out!

Tina took a deep breath and reread the question. The first answer that popped into her mind was to tell an adult, but she doubted that on its own was the answer Noble was looking for. It seemed too obvious, and judging by the previous question, the obvious answer was probably not the right one. "Make sure nobody drinks it..." she mumbled, hoping those who hadn't already answered would overhear her and not write the obvious answer - without tipping anyone off as to what she was doing. If Noble would give students boils for choosing a wrong answer, she didn't even want to know what he'd do if he thought she was giving people the answer. "Tell a professor and take the drink for evidence..."

Tina picked up the quill and wrote:

She was already second-guessing her answer as she stepped back. Was that thorough enough? What about her wording? Was there some way that could be used against her? All she could do now was wait and hope nothing weird happened to her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
This time, Abra was disappointed but not surprised as he went through the door only to find... another door. Another parchment. Another question.

Wait, whAT? He had to WRITE something now? Awwwww, man.

Peering at the parchment with one eye closed, as that seemed to be the best trick for keeping the writing from moving around so much, Abra considered the question, and how to answer, but mostly, how to answer correctly with as few words - and as little writing - as possible. For reasons.

At Zoryn's words, Abra shrugged, then nodded. That certainly seemed like something to do. "I'd stop them drinking it first, if I could, or at least tell them something had been put in their drink. Then I'd tell someone, and bring the drink with me so they could test it for themselves." He scratched at his head, bit his lip, then decided to go for it, and picked up the quill.

SPOILER!!:
1. Stop them drinkign/tell them
2. Tell a profesir
3. Brign them the the drink to test

Abra was glad this was written with invisible ink so nobody could see his spelling, but it just made writing even more confusing. He wrote slowly, face screwed up, tongue poking out of the side of his mouth in concentration. Eventually, however, he got to the end of his answer, and waited to see if it was good enough to grant him entry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
The Ravenclaw did not wait another second and as the door opened up after he had chosen his answer, he nearly stumbled over his own feet. He had this childish desire to win from a certain Gryffindor who had literally cut in front of him in order not to get wet and making him get the most blast . Apparently he did held grudges...

But as he walked swiftly to the piece of parchment, he noticed that the person in question had already written down her answer and he sighed. Oh well, guess he just had to get out of here so he picked up a quill and began to write down his answer.

He placed his quill down and waited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Patrick was really starting to hate these doors. Why so many? Why couldn’t they just go on in and have this discussion like normal students? Instead he was playing troll bridge and it was really starting to make him... oh an open ended one.

He got closer to see what exactly the question was. Ah he had this answer ready to go. Grabbing some paper and his quill he started scribbling things down.

With that patrick felt good. His mama always preached that she could take his wand and make him magicless at the drop of a hat and to not do anything bad. And this was a fine point. He waited to see if he had answered correctly... praying he had so he would be done.

Interesting that a couple of students had assumed that the potion was a Polyjuice potion…but one way or another, Daisy, Archer, Zoryn, Chloe, Tina, Abra, Dorian and Patrick had all captured the two key points the Potions professor had been looking for. The door opened to a larger space – one resembling the back of the classroom, with work benches and cupboards installed. There was one more locked door between them and Noble at the front of the class.
SPOILER!!: parchment – fifth door

5. Why are potions ethics important?
  • Because Professor Noble wants me to think they are to get through these very annoying doors.
  • Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use.
  • It's important because you can go to jail, man, J A I L.
  • I don't know but I hope the door opens anyways.

SPOILER!!: Door 4 - Derf
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Now at the fourth door, Derf hesitated for just a moment to look around at the others who had made it here with him.............and his insides squirmed a bit seeing Zoryn because, well, there were multiple obvious reasons for that. Mostly, for now, he tried to just stay out of people's way as they moved to read the next message. Of course, he noticed a bit of distress on Chloe's face and therefore moved over to stand by her. "....you okay?" he asked subtly and just moments before Tina asked just the same thing. His blue eyes then moved over to the fourth door to read over the next question himself.

Which was...vague. There were a fair few details that made it hard for him to construct a complete answer, save for one knee jerk reaction which he scribbled on to a piece of parchment immediate.

He wasn't satisfied with his answer just yet, but it was a start.

Sensing that Derfael wasn’t fully finished with his answer, the door remained shut for the time being. He’d fully captured one part of what Noble was looking for…but maybe he wanted to add something else too?

SPOILER!!: Door 4 – Vivienne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Taaffe View Post
Vivienne was laughing at Dorian and Patrick. Serves them right! What not multiple choice? But ethical scenarios? That would be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. She read the scenario. She thought: I would knock that sucker out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Taaffe View Post
Another door? Really? Vivienne would have also told the professor. Thank Merlin the writing was invisible. Vivienne was wondering Abra was screwing his face up. Then they waited...

Sometimes, Noble wondered what was so difficult about reading the instructions. Now was one of those times. Thinking her response wouldn’t get Vivienne anywhere. She needed to write it.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:33 AM   #104 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

The door opened... but they weren't quite through it yet, were they? The room looked about right, although this wasn't how she normally entered the classroom, but there was yet another parchment hanging. Another question to answer, although at least this one wasn't an essay.

He wanted their thoughts on why they were doing this exercise? Probably because of the plethora of Cardens, but on a broader scale, Potions ethics were important. She'd been poisoned and 'poisoned' enough by Katy to know that.

Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use..

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 02-23-2019, 02:05 AM   #105 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Indigo gave the small girl an encouraging smile as she answered the question and entered the next room with him. Unfortunately it was yet another small room with a parchment on the door, and not the classroom. They had to be nearly done with this, didn't they? He kept an eye on the girl in case she started to freak out again. This parchment specifically said that conferring was allowed so he decided he'd do that. "What do you think?" He asked gently. "I think telling the person and telling an adult would be the proper thing to do." Would he actually do that? He wasn't sure. If it was one of his friends, definitely. If it was someone he knew, then probably. A stranger... maybe. Indigo wasn't usually one to speak to others unless absolutely necessary, so he wasn't positive what he would do in a situation like that but Professor Noble didn't need to know that. He used the quill to write his answer.

Quote:
I would tell the person who's drink it was about what I saw and advise them not to drink it. I would also tell a professor about what I'd seen and who had slipped the potion into the drink.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:35 AM   #106 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Daisy was now at the fifth door, reading a piece of parchment, again. She carefully considered her answer before using her wand to tap,

"Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use."

She was never 100% confident whenever she answered and her face showed that.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #107 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Welp, it seemed like they were finally almost there. This looked like the back of the classroom, anyway. Only one more question, hopefully. And the answer to this one was pretty obvious. Also, it didn't require a written answer either. So, Archer reached over and tapped the one reading Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use. Because duh, certain people who she was now POSITIVE this lesson was the fault of.

You are Salt!
Old 02-23-2019, 10:42 PM   #108 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
By process of deduction, Nettie and Hanna had got the answer correct this time, and as they tapped the answer, the door opened and the boils disappeared without a trace. Cordelia too was allow to proceed after new friend Indigo. Inside the new room, a fourth question awaited, although there was no multiple choice this time. Next to the parchment, hanging from a piece of string, was a self-inking quill with invisible ink.

SPOILER!!: Parchment – fourth door

4. You think you saw someone slip a potion into a housemate’s drink. What should you do?

Write your answer below. Conferring is allowed, but everyone must answer for themselves.
She got through!

SHE GOT THROUGH!

The pain in her hands disappeared as soon as the door opened, with much relief. She went through the door to another room. Another sigh. Still no signs of Noble. Well, there was still nothing to do but continue.

Having her wand out and expecting to tap another answer, it was pleasing to see this one required a written answer. And with invisible ink! Hanna took the quill into her hand and read over the note. Thinking of a situation where this would happen, which almost came with no imagination necessary, she thought of an answer and began to write in a slightly awkward positioning with her wrist.

Quote:
I would first tell the person not to drink it and tell them that I had seen someone put a potion in their drink. No way would I want them to drink it, and I would want someone to tell me that there was potion in my drink, too. Then I would maybe advise them to report it themselves, although I would probably tell a nearby Professor or I'd look for a professor. Reason being that it's not okay to slip anyone a potion without their knowledge, and I'm not in a position to deal with any consequences for the person who put the potion into the drink.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 02-24-2019, 03:29 AM   #109 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Despite answering the open-ended question as thoroughly as she could, Tina wasn't expecting the door to open for her. She took a deep breath as she stepped through the door, wondering what could possibly be in store next. She blinked dumbly as she looked around.
It looked like the classroom (or the back half of it at least), but for all she knew, this could be a trick... an illusion cast to make them think they were almost done when there were really many more doors to go. The thought crossed her mind to knock on one of the workbenches to see if it was real, but she drew her hand back just before touching it.
What if that was this room's punishment for mistakes? There was no telling what might happen if she touched that bench... more boils, flagrate curse, stinging jinx?

Tina studied the parchment on the door, going over the possible answers on her mind. On all the other multiple choice questions, there'd been more than one answer that could possibly be correct, but this time, one answer was so painfully obvious... and that was what worried her. The obvious answers were usually wrong! There had to be a trick in there somewhere, just like the other questions, but Tina couldn't see it this time, unless... was it possible that the real correct answer wasn't listed on the parchment? Ugh, all this uncertainty was messing with her brain! Whether she picked the ovbious answer or tried to provide her own, it had the potential to end badly.

Tina decided to try the conventional approach first. With an uneasy feeling, she tapped Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use. Now what would be the consequences of her chooce?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 02-24-2019, 04:06 AM   #110 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Answering door 4!
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

YES! She'd made it through! Although her hand still hurt from the boils, she had to push that out of her mind. She needed to focus on the next question at hand, because the sooner she found the professor, the sooner he could cure her of these boils. Or so she hoped. This WAS Noble they were talking about - he might just leave them be as a lesson.

Speaking of lessons, was there going to be any actual BREWING in this lesson? Or just wandering halls aimlessly for a while? SIGH.

She made it to the next door, and instead of a multiple choice question, she found herself facing a short answer question. Ok, this was easier than multiple choice, in her opinion. She had faith in herself to answer correctly, so...taking her quill, she quickly scribbled her answer to the prompt.

Quote:
If I saw a housemate put a potion in someone's drink, I'd first STOP that person from drinking it through whatever means necessary. Of course I'd first just tell them - but if they didn't hear more, or were about to drink it, and I had to be dramatic and hit it out of their hands, then so be it.

Then, since it was a housemate, I would HAVE to report the incident to my Head of House, or even the Headmaster if my HoH were not available. This is a serious matter and who knows what could have been in that drink! That person needs to face the consequences of that action.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 02-24-2019, 08:34 AM   #111 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Oh. Awkward. Apparently the door was not satisfied with his answer either and now Derf wished that he had taken up the option to discuss and see what others had provided in their answer that he had missed. So, ruffling his hair and once again pulling some of the blonde out with how vigorously he was scratching, the seventh year read over his answer and gnawed on the tip of his quill absently while he thought. Unfortunately, said gnawing also made the quill leak a bit and turned his lips jet black...not that he noticed. Ink tasted...not as unpleasant as he had initially imagined it to be.

Interesting.

Quote:
If someone's drink is suspected to be tampered with, under no circumstances do you allow them to drink it.

The question itself does not specify whether or not I personally saw who it was who slipped what into my friend's cup, but in a most desperate situation I would knock it out it out of their hands and pour it out - say they didn't believe me when I told them I thought something had been slipped into their cup. While that would prevent examination of the liquid to potentially solve the riddle of what had been slipped in in the first place, it would have spared my friend.

If I did see who it was who had slipped something into someone's drink, along with warning the potential drinker of the hazard and disallowing them to drink...I would report the incident to the proper authorities or confront the person myself depending on the situation. Also, ideally, contain the liquid for examination purposes. But it is unlikely that real life will go so smoothly or ideally, you know?
With the addition of his second paragraph...Derf waited and hoped that this time things would be satisfactory.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 02-24-2019, 12:17 PM   #112 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Default Door 5

Patrick had finally gotten to the fifth door. He was hoping that he wouldn’t have to be there that long. He was really getting tired of door after door. It was making him feel like he was in one of those fun houses at the county fair. One room full of mirrors after the other.

With a step forward Patrick read the next question. ”Why are potion ethics important?” he mumbled under his breath trying to figure out why someone wouldn’t pick the second answer. He looked at the choices again and choose it. He felt like people over looked the consequences of Magic a lot. Maybe growing up with a ton of muggle friends as a kid had helped him understand the severity of a situation that Nobel was trying to show the students.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #113 (permalink)
Chizpurfle

x9

SPOILER!!: Door 4 – CORRECT answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Indigo gave the small girl an encouraging smile as she answered the question and entered the next room with him. Unfortunately it was yet another small room with a parchment on the door, and not the classroom. They had to be nearly done with this, didn't they? He kept an eye on the girl in case she started to freak out again. This parchment specifically said that conferring was allowed so he decided he'd do that. "What do you think?" He asked gently. "I think telling the person and telling an adult would be the proper thing to do." Would he actually do that? He wasn't sure. If it was one of his friends, definitely. If it was someone he knew, then probably. A stranger... maybe. Indigo wasn't usually one to speak to others unless absolutely necessary, so he wasn't positive what he would do in a situation like that but Professor Noble didn't need to know that. He used the quill to write his answer.
Quote:
She got through!

SHE GOT THROUGH!

The pain in her hands disappeared as soon as the door opened, with much relief. She went through the door to another room. Another sigh. Still no signs of Noble. Well, there was still nothing to do but continue.

Having her wand out and expecting to tap another answer, it was pleasing to see this one required a written answer. And with invisible ink! Hanna took the quill into her hand and read over the note. Thinking of a situation where this would happen, which almost came with no imagination necessary, she thought of an answer and began to write in a slightly awkward positioning with her wrist.
Quote:
YES! She'd made it through! Although her hand still hurt from the boils, she had to push that out of her mind. She needed to focus on the next question at hand, because the sooner she found the professor, the sooner he could cure her of these boils. Or so she hoped. This WAS Noble they were talking about - he might just leave them be as a lesson.

Speaking of lessons, was there going to be any actual BREWING in this lesson? Or just wandering halls aimlessly for a while? SIGH.

She made it to the next door, and instead of a multiple choice question, she found herself facing a short answer question. Ok, this was easier than multiple choice, in her opinion. She had faith in herself to answer correctly, so...taking her quill, she quickly scribbled her answer to the prompt.

Quote:
Oh. Awkward. Apparently the door was not satisfied with his answer either and now Derf wished that he had taken up the option to discuss and see what others had provided in their answer that he had missed. So, ruffling his hair and once again pulling some of the blonde out with how vigorously he was scratching, the seventh year read over his answer and gnawed on the tip of his quill absently while he thought. Unfortunately, said gnawing also made the quill leak a bit and turned his lips jet black...not that he noticed. Ink tasted...not as unpleasant as he had initially imagined it to be.

Interesting.

With the addition of his second paragraph...Derf waited and hoped that this time things would be satisfactory.

The addition from Derfael satisfied the door’s requirements, and it now let him through. It also opened for Indigo, Hanna and Nettie – the latter of which would find the boils on her hand had long since vanished with her previous correct answer.

The door opened to a larger space – one resembling the back of the classroom, with work benches and cupboards installed. There was one more locked door between them and Noble at the front of the class.

• Because Professor Noble wants me to think they are to get through these very annoying doors.
  • Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use.

SPOILER!!: Door 5 – CORRECT answers
Quote:
The door opened... but they weren't quite through it yet, were they? The room looked about right, although this wasn't how she normally entered the classroom, but there was yet another parchment hanging. Another question to answer, although at least this one wasn't an essay.

He wanted their thoughts on why they were doing this exercise? Probably because of the plethora of Cardens, but on a broader scale, Potions ethics were important. She'd been poisoned and 'poisoned' enough by Katy to know that.

Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy was now at the fifth door, reading a piece of parchment, again. She carefully considered her answer before using her wand to tap,

"Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use."

She was never 100% confident whenever she answered and her face showed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Welp, it seemed like they were finally almost there. This looked like the back of the classroom, anyway. Only one more question, hopefully. And the answer to this one was pretty obvious. Also, it didn't require a written answer either. So, Archer reached over and tapped the one reading Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use. Because duh, certain people who she was now POSITIVE this lesson was the fault of.

Quote:
Despite answering the open-ended question as thoroughly as she could, Tina wasn't expecting the door to open for her. She took a deep breath as she stepped through the door, wondering what could possibly be in store next. She blinked dumbly as she looked around.
It looked like the classroom (or the back half of it at least), but for all she knew, this could be a trick... an illusion cast to make them think they were almost done when there were really many more doors to go. The thought crossed her mind to knock on one of the workbenches to see if it was real, but she drew her hand back just before touching it.
What if that was this room's punishment for mistakes? There was no telling what might happen if she touched that bench... more boils, flagrate curse, stinging jinx?

Tina studied the parchment on the door, going over the possible answers on her mind. On all the other multiple choice questions, there'd been more than one answer that could possibly be correct, but this time, one answer was so painfully obvious... and that was what worried her. The obvious answers were usually wrong! There had to be a trick in there somewhere, just like the other questions, but Tina couldn't see it this time, unless... was it possible that the real correct answer wasn't listed on the parchment? Ugh, all this uncertainty was messing with her brain! Whether she picked the ovbious answer or tried to provide her own, it had the potential to end badly.

Tina decided to try the conventional approach first. With an uneasy feeling, she tapped Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use. Now what would be the consequences of her chooce?

Quote:
Patrick had finally gotten to the fifth door. He was hoping that he wouldn’t have to be there that long. He was really getting tired of door after door. It was making him feel like he was in one of those fun houses at the county fair. One room full of mirrors after the other.

With a step forward Patrick read the next question. ”Why are potion ethics important?” he mumbled under his breath trying to figure out why someone wouldn’t pick the second answer. He looked at the choices again and choose it. He felt like people over looked the consequences of Magic a lot. Maybe growing up with a ton of muggle friends as a kid had helped him understand the severity of a situation that Nobel was trying to show the students.

Chloe, Daisy, Archer, Tina and Patrick had all got the final question right, and this door did in fact open into the classroom…albeit slight shortly than usual, and you’re entering from the back rather than the side.

At the end of last lesson, Professor Noble had said to bring pewter cauldrons for a practical on the Burning Bitterroot Balm potion today, and the syllabus confirmed as much. Now you’ve finally entered the classroom, however, there is little to suggest any brewing will be happening today and you’ve carried your cauldron through all those door for no reason. The side workbenches are unusually clear - no extra ingredients or specialist equipment to be seen. Noble’s desk is also empty of equipment, not a cauldron, burner or recipe in sight. The Potions Professor is sat behind said desk, wand out and eyes on five pieces of charmed parchment in front of him. He glances up as you enter, giving you a nod in greeting.

“Take your seat,” he says. “In the remaining time, I want you to think about the questions you just answered. Do you have any questions for me, any thoughts to discuss in general?”

ooc note: thanks for hanging in there through all these doors everyone! As a heads up, we've got about 24 hours left before I close the lesson. This last bit is really an open discussion to finish things up, so don't feel the need to wait for a reply from me to talk about things together :3
Old 02-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #114 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Despite the fact that Zoryn agreed with the first answer the most, she knew that it wouldn't get her through the door. This lesson was so tedious. It was LITERAL TORTURE. They got the point loud and clear, did it really take FIVE entire doors to be certain of that? And people called her extra. Professor N was like the biggest dramaqueen of all time.

As for her actual answer, Zoryn picked the longest one because that was typically the correct answer. And it sounded the most like Professor Noble. And the potions textbook, for that matter. This whole lesson was dUMB.

Was it over now? Because Zoryn was ready to leave.

Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use.

You are Lemon!
Old 02-25-2019, 01:30 AM   #115 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Indigo was still keeping an eye on the small girl as the door opened for him and he stepped into the last room. This one looked less like the other rooms, and more like the classroom. In fact, it looked like the back of the classroom, which must mean that the front of it was likely on the other side of the door. He had to admit that he was a bit relieved to be almost there, even if the questions so far had not been difficult. He quickly read the last one and almost immediately tapped his wand on the answer: Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use. That was obviously the right one.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:44 AM   #116 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Oh, okay... where were the actual potion supplies? Chloe touched her satchel, feeling the hard ridge of her cauldron through the cloth. Not using that today, hmm? Tricky tricky, professor.

Chloe took a seat as directed and raised her hand. "Professor, I do have a question about the legal ethics of Polyjuice. It seems to me that Aurors have different rules regarding using illegal spells, like Unforgiveables, although personal ethics probably play into actually using those spells. Do they also have permission to use Polyjuice with impunity?"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Old 02-25-2019, 05:28 AM   #117 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
The addition from Derfael satisfied the door’s requirements, and it now let him through. It also opened for Indigo, Hanna and Nettie – the latter of which would find the boils on her hand had long since vanished with her previous correct answer.

The door opened to a larger space – one resembling the back of the classroom, with work benches and cupboards installed. There was one more locked door between them and Noble at the front of the class.

It was a relief, again, that this door opened. Boils were nasty, and Hanna really hadn't wanted more of them. She walked through the door and...

NOPE!

Still no Noble. With a small frown, Hanna went closer to the parchment. At least this area looked more classroomy. Perhaps just behind this door was where he was. If not... how many soggy doors would there be!? Would they lead the way to the Great Hall where they would be in time for dinner?

Well, no point debating it in her head. Hanna read the question and giggled at the first answer. Yes, they were annoying doors. It was fun, though, but perhaps she just thought it might be more fun if she knew just how many questions there were. How many doors. Would this one lead to a Professor or another door?

Clearly the first answer wasn't the real one. If it hadn't been for the boils, she'd have been tempted to go for that one. She also just hoped the doors would open for her, but also believed that wasn't the answer. She tapped the second one with her wand; Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Old 02-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #118 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Well, what do you know? The conventional approach tirned out to be the correct one after all. Tina stepped through the fifth door to the welcome.sight of their familiar classroom, and there was Noble at his desk. Was it safe to assume that she was out of the door maze for good now?

Tina returmed the professor's nod, but she didn't say anything. She was still angry about the use of boils on her classmates, and besides, the professor looked a tad preoccupied with his wand and pieces of parchment. She assumed he must be marking people's answers, and if so,
it probably wasn't a good idea to distract him. The last thing she wanted was for somebody else to get boils (or worse) because he'd mistakenly marked their answer incorrect while talking to her!

She took a seat near the back and noticed the lack of potion ingredients. She wasn't entirely surprised. Getting through the doors took a lot longer than she'd expected, and somewhere along the line, she began to doubt they'd have time to fit brewing a potion in. At first she'd thought they'd be making the burning bitterroot balm as an antidote for the people who'd received boils from the thrid door, but that idea went by the wayside when she saw the boils vanish. Believe it or not, the misdirect about the burning bitterroot balm was the least offensive of Noble's tricks!

Tina blinked confusedly as the professor asked for questions or thoughts. She had plenty of both, but none she dared voice. Was this another trick? Was Noble inviting them to speak so he could punish those who said something he didn't want to hear? Well if it was a trick, Tina wasn't falling for it! Nothing she had to say was worth the risk of points loss or detention, she reminded herself. She sat silently, trying to ignore the questions buzzing in her mind, but eventually her curiosity got the better of her. She raised her hand and asked, "Professor, why did you give us boils for getting the third question wrong?" After she'd spoken, she began to worry that her question might come across as accusatory, so she elaborated. "I mean... why boils specifically? if the purpose was to provide an incentive for getting the right answer, wouldn't something less painful have worked just as well? Or, was there another reason behind it?"

Despite Tina's feelings on the matter, there wasn't a hint of disrespect in her tone; it was an honest question. She wasn't sure when or if she'd forgive Noble for the boils, but she would give him the chance to explain and take what he said into consideration. She already had a hunch what that reason might be. It sounded odd, but what if the boils were meant to be an example of what not to do as far as ethics went?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 02-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #119 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default door #5
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Derf was beginning to think that he was running out of time. Maybe he had spent too much time writing and overthinking his answer at the previous door? Scrambling forward, the Hufflepuff quickly read over the next question and it's options and, honestly, was appreciating some of the sense of humor shown in the answers. Like...some of it was a little unexpected coming from Professor Noble even when he tried to imagine it spoken in the man's dry sarcastic tone.

But anyway...

The first one sounded like something Zoryn would say of her own accord, and the third and fourth were easily dismissable. The second, well, it had been what the Head Boy had been preaching ever since the Levi Kenning incident in the Book Maze.

Thus, his wand was out and tapping that one...and now he waited.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 02-25-2019, 06:13 PM   #120 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Final door!
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Nettie sighed in relief when she looked down and noticed that the boils had disappeared after she'd gone through that one door - thank goodness. One less thing to worry about. Now she had to worry about getting boils AGAIN - but it appeared her answer was satisfactory, because the door opened for her as soon as she had turned in her answer. She grinned and found herself face to face with yet another multiple choice question.

Thankfully, this one seemed like an easy one - a freebie, if you will. She tapped the second answer, which was obviously the right one. Potions could be dangerous - you had to be careful. That was obviously the point of the lesson.

And so, she waited.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 02-25-2019, 06:26 PM   #121 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

The only question Zoryn had was 'WHY WASN'T CLASS OVER YET'. So obviously she kept it to herself. Lest she have to go through another month of house arrest. Which, no thanks, but... No thanks.

So she just waited for the dismissal.

This whole thing was obviously just a set up to reprimand her and the other Gryffindors about their big prank. But, they had already gone through way too much reprimanding and he was starting to sound like a broken record sO. Could they leave now? For real?

You are Lemon!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #122 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection

Patrick looked at Nobel. Really they went through all of those doors to have a discussion about the questions he had to answer. No way. That was brutal. He had gotten boils for not answering correctly on one and now he was going to have to have a fire side chat about it?

Not today.

Sitting down at the desk he normally sat at he waited for the class to actually begin now that he had survived all of the questions that had been given to him. He had no questions as many of the other students asked questions.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:48 AM   #123 (permalink)
Chizpurfle

x9

SPOILER!!: Door 5 – CORRECT answers

Quote:
Despite the fact that Zoryn agreed with the first answer the most, she knew that it wouldn't get her through the door. This lesson was so tedious. It was LITERAL TORTURE. They got the point loud and clear, did it really take FIVE entire doors to be certain of that? And people called her extra. Professor N was like the biggest dramaqueen of all time.

As for her actual answer, Zoryn picked the longest one because that was typically the correct answer. And it sounded the most like Professor Noble. And the potions textbook, for that matter. This whole lesson was dUMB.

Was it over now? Because Zoryn was ready to leave.

Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Indigo was still keeping an eye on the small girl as the door opened for him and he stepped into the last room. This one looked less like the other rooms, and more like the classroom. In fact, it looked like the back of the classroom, which must mean that the front of it was likely on the other side of the door. He had to admit that he was a bit relieved to be almost there, even if the questions so far had not been difficult. He quickly read the last one and almost immediately tapped his wand on the answer: Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use. That was obviously the right one.
Quote:
It was a relief, again, that this door opened. Boils were nasty, and Hanna really hadn't wanted more of them. She walked through the door and...

NOPE!

Still no Noble. With a small frown, Hanna went closer to the parchment. At least this area looked more classroomy. Perhaps just behind this door was where he was. If not... how many soggy doors would there be!? Would they lead the way to the Great Hall where they would be in time for dinner?

Well, no point debating it in her head. Hanna read the question and giggled at the first answer. Yes, they were annoying doors. It was fun, though, but perhaps she just thought it might be more fun if she knew just how many questions there were. How many doors. Would this one lead to a Professor or another door?

Clearly the first answer wasn't the real one. If it hadn't been for the boils, she'd have been tempted to go for that one. She also just hoped the doors would open for her, but also believed that wasn't the answer. She tapped the second one with her wand; Potions are very potent and can cause a wide range of harm to not only those who ingest them. It's important to be responsible with their use.
Quote:
Derf was beginning to think that he was running out of time. Maybe he had spent too much time writing and overthinking his answer at the previous door? Scrambling forward, the Hufflepuff quickly read over the next question and it's options and, honestly, was appreciating some of the sense of humor shown in the answers. Like...some of it was a little unexpected coming from Professor Noble even when he tried to imagine it spoken in the man's dry sarcastic tone.

But anyway...

The first one sounded like something Zoryn would say of her own accord, and the third and fourth were easily dismissable. The second, well, it had been what the Head Boy had been preaching ever since the Levi Kenning incident in the Book Maze.

Thus, his wand was out and tapping that one...and now he waited.

Quote:
Nettie sighed in relief when she looked down and noticed that the boils had disappeared after she'd gone through that one door - thank goodness. One less thing to worry about. Now she had to worry about getting boils AGAIN - but it appeared her answer was satisfactory, because the door opened for her as soon as she had turned in her answer. She grinned and found herself face to face with yet another multiple choice question.

Thankfully, this one seemed like an easy one - a freebie, if you will. She tapped the second answer, which was obviously the right one. Potions could be dangerous - you had to be careful. That was obviously the point of the lesson.

And so, she waited.

Hoorah! Zoryn, Indigo, Hanna, Derf and Nettie had all answered the last question correctly, and the door opened into the usual potions classroom…albeit slightly shorter than usual, and you’re entering from the back rather than the side.

At the end of last lesson, Professor Noble had said to bring pewter cauldrons for a practical on the Burning Bitterroot Balm potion today, and the syllabus confirmed as much. Now you’ve finally entered the classroom, however, there is little to suggest any brewing will be happening today and you’ve carried your cauldron through all those door for no reason. The side workbenches are unusually clear - no extra ingredients or specialist equipment to be seen. Noble’s desk is also empty of equipment, not a cauldron, burner or recipe in sight. The Potions Professor is sat behind said desk, wand out and eyes on five pieces of charmed parchment in front of him. He glances up as you enter, giving you a nod in greeting.

“Find your seat,” he says, before checking the clock. There wasn't long left to go. Raising his wand and flicking his wrist, the maze of walls and doors that they’d all been going through disappeared, and everyone could join in the main classroom. “We’ve been discussing the questions you’ve just faced in the final few minutes.”

SPOILER!!: Chloe
Quote:
Oh, okay... where were the actual potion supplies? Chloe touched her satchel, feeling the hard ridge of her cauldron through the cloth. Not using that today, hmm? Tricky tricky, professor.

Chloe took a seat as directed and raised her hand. "Professor, I do have a question about the legal ethics of Polyjuice. It seems to me that Aurors have different rules regarding using illegal spells, like Unforgiveables, although personal ethics probably play into actually using those spells. Do they also have permission to use Polyjuice with impunity?"

Noble nodded as Chloe spoke first. “That’s a great question, and we could very easily spend a whole lesson debating whether we feel it is ethically right or wrong. But briefly, yes, similar impunity exists for potions as for those sort of spells. There are Ministry guidelines and regulations in place, and any mission has to weigh up the relative benefits and risks. If you're interested in it, come see me after class. I can point you towards some reading material.” That applied to anyone, not just Chloe.

SPOILER!!: Tina
Quote:
Well, what do you know? The conventional approach tirned out to be the correct one after all. Tina stepped through the fifth door to the welcome.sight of their familiar classroom, and there was Noble at his desk. Was it safe to assume that she was out of the door maze for good now?

Tina returmed the professor's nod, but she didn't say anything. She was still angry about the use of boils on her classmates, and besides, the professor looked a tad preoccupied with his wand and pieces of parchment. She assumed he must be marking people's answers, and if so,
it probably wasn't a good idea to distract him. The last thing she wanted was for somebody else to get boils (or worse) because he'd mistakenly marked their answer incorrect while talking to her!

She took a seat near the back and noticed the lack of potion ingredients. She wasn't entirely surprised. Getting through the doors took a lot longer than she'd expected, and somewhere along the line, she began to doubt they'd have time to fit brewing a potion in. At first she'd thought they'd be making the burning bitterroot balm as an antidote for the people who'd received boils from the thrid door, but that idea went by the wayside when she saw the boils vanish. Believe it or not, the misdirect about the burning bitterroot balm was the least offensive of Noble's tricks!

Tina blinked confusedly as the professor asked for questions or thoughts. She had plenty of both, but none she dared voice. Was this another trick? Was Noble inviting them to speak so he could punish those who said something he didn't want to hear? Well if it was a trick, Tina wasn't falling for it! Nothing she had to say was worth the risk of points loss or detention, she reminded herself. She sat silently, trying to ignore the questions buzzing in her mind, but eventually her curiosity got the better of her. She raised her hand and asked, "Professor, why did you give us boils for getting the third question wrong?" After she'd spoken, she began to worry that her question might come across as accusatory, so she elaborated. "I mean... why boils specifically? if the purpose was to provide an incentive for getting the right answer, wouldn't something less painful have worked just as well? Or, was there another reason behind it?"

Despite Tina's feelings on the matter, there wasn't a hint of disrespect in her tone; it was an honest question. She wasn't sure when or if she'd forgive Noble for the boils, but she would give him the chance to explain and take what he said into consideration. She already had a hunch what that reason might be. It sounded odd, but what if the boils were meant to be an example of what not to do as far as ethics went?

He couldn’t say he was surprised when Tina spoke up, given her response to the boils appearing on Chloe’s hand. “Another good question. And whilst a fortunate side effect might have been to make you want to get the right answer and to keep you all moving, that wasn’t my primary intent.” He stood and moved to the front of his desk, leaning against the front of it. “I think I’m right when I say that those who faced the boils or getting wet felt, at the very least, put out, if not upset, angry, or even perhaps like I couldn’t be trusted and had malicious intent.” He looked around the classroom, gaze landing briefly on those who had been unfortunate to get an answer wrong to see if they agreed. “All completely valid things, because in using those spells I didn’t ask for consent, not alone informed consent. Hopefully you’ll all keep those feelings in mind in future when considering the use of potions and spells on others.”

SPOILER!!: Zoryn and Patrick
Quote:
The only question Zoryn had was 'WHY WASN'T CLASS OVER YET'. So obviously she kept it to herself. Lest she have to go through another month of house arrest. Which, no thanks, but... No thanks.

So she just waited for the dismissal.

This whole thing was obviously just a set up to reprimand her and the other Gryffindors about their big prank. But, they had already gone through way too much reprimanding and he was starting to sound like a broken record sO. Could they leave now? For real?
Quote:
Patrick looked at Nobel. Really they went through all of those doors to have a discussion about the questions he had to answer. No way. That was brutal. He had gotten boils for not answering correctly on one and now he was going to have to have a fire side chat about it?

Not today.

Sitting down at the desk he normally sat at he waited for the class to actually begin now that he had survived all of the questions that had been given to him. He had no questions as many of the other students asked questions.

That answered, he looked to the quiet ones – including Patrick and Zoryn. If Patrick was expecting a lesson now, he’d be sorely disappointed, although he could forfeit his lunchtime to brew if he so chose. “If there’s no other questions, you’re dismissed. We’ll be back to regularly scheduled brewing on Friday. If you haven’t read up on the burning bitterroot balm already, I strongly suggest you do so before then.”

ooc note: thanks for joining everyone! I'll leave the thread open for another 24 hours or so if you want to post finishing up :3