sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1127 users online including...
Kimothy , Svetldec , GordonAcime , CurtisViday

5 members
1122 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 46: May - August 2017

Term 46: May - August 2017 Term Forty-Six: Guests from Ilvermorny (Sept 2092 - June 2093)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 04-16-2017, 09:46 PM

Default The Great Lake

Banner credit: Suziella

Located just south of the castle is a large body of water known as the Great Lake or the Black Lake. This is where the first years encounter the school for the first time when the Groundskeeper takes them there by boat. After seven years they will leave the castle, their individual house and their home behind as they sail back across the Great Lake to embark on new adventures.

If you decide to dip your toes in the water, be careful of the many magical creatures inhibiting the lake that might mistake a little student’s toe for a tasty treat. For in the Great Lake lives everything from merpeople to grindylows. Bartholomew Henry, the Giant Squid, however is not interested in nibbling on toes, but would much rather have someone tickle his tentacles while he soaks up some sun.

Why don’t you follow his lead and do the same? Do some homework in the sun heated grass, take that well deserved nap before Ancient Runes or catch up on that reading. Enjoy your time at the Great Lake!
Old 07-25-2017, 03:13 AM   #126 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
“Hi Professor Wayland! Hi Ash!,” she said brightly, greeting him and the phoenix. Maybe Ash remembered her. That would be cool, but she’d be okay if he didn’t yet either. She’d sort of gotten distracted, anyway.
Ah sweet Junia! Tristan smiled at the young lady, "Hello Junia! How are you?" He watched as Ash leaned over and nuzzled the young girls head. Junia was around him often because she was down in the barn so much with Dobby. Grinning, "Someone sure missed you. How is Dobby doing today? Not to nervous meeting new people I hope." He was sure the young girl would be happy about Ash's reaction to seeing her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
The sight of Tristan arriving instantly caught the women's eye. Really how could anyone miss the arrival of a man that had a Phoenix on his shoulder...yeah exactly...no one. Her brown eyes were drawn to them instantly. Being a professor she knew of the rare creatures attendance here at the school but sadly she had to say she had never gotten the chance to fully see the bird up close. This was indeed an experience to be remember, not just for herself but for all those here. "Welcome Tristan and Ash, he's absolutely lovely," Camilla commented right away a warm smile on her face. She was about to ask to pet him but hearing he was sometimes shy she choose to give Ash a few moments. Listening to how Tristan came upon acquiring the bird made her happy, rescuing a creature in need was wonderful and also that he mended him back to good health. "Ash is welcome to sit up on one of the cat towers should he need to stretch or anything like that." She wasn't sure what all a Phoenix required but if it counted for anything it caught Bonsai's attention. The cat having turned to stare up at it in a look of pure confusion.
Tristan smiled at Camilla. He was excited to have everyone meet Ash, even if the bird himself was a little nervous. "Thank you Cami, and he isn't even at his peak of beauty yet, oddly enough he gets prettier." He said with a wink. The curious bird leaned closer to Camilla causing Tristan to move forward so he didn't tip over. A gentle and happy song emanated from the birds throat. Tristan chuckled, "He thinks your pretty, too." Ash then nuzzled Camilla's cheek with his head, bending over to allow her to pet him. He was really putting on a show for her.

Tristan looked over to the cat towers. He had a feeling Ash wouldn't need them but they would just have to see what would happen. "Thank you! I am sure he will use them if he feels like it." Tristan noticed the cat looking up at Ash and grinned, "How's Bonsai doing? He seems confused at the moment." He chuckled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Squid View Post
"Not to worry. This is one friendly crup.'' Bartholomew reached to pet the crup on the head that was named Marshallow. "Oh, it's certainly is warming up, Master Wayland. You ought to jump right in to find out for yourself.'' The Squid could not smile physically but it seemed that he did from his eyes.
Tristan chuckled at the happy Squid, "I may just do that later! I could deal with a nice dip in the water." Bartholomew was always fun to talk to, even when it seemed to be impossible. Magic was always amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post
Obviously Tristan was loving every moment of attention that came with owning a Phoenix. She was not surprised, but then again he was her best friend along with Kay and she knew him well. "You love every moment of it." And yes, she knew the story about how he had gotten Ash so she didn't need to pay attention to it as he explained it to Kay. "That's just great. You know I enjoy a good pun." They could be really witty and make her laugh. Who didn't like puns? "Coco is enjoying herself I think. She's getting to make new friends. She was bad and scratched Kay though." Frown. "Is Ash doing well?" He certainly seemed it; what a beautiful and majestic bird.

Okay, she really wished that she owned a phoenix.
Tristan grinned hugely at Rose. She knew him too well...and vice versa. "Of course, it's me we are talking about." He winked and chuckled. Though subtle, his pun seemed to make Rose smile. "I do know. It was for your benefit after all." He said with a wink. Huh. That was strange. Coco was always nice. It was odd that she would scratch Kay. "Maybe all the new people around are making her nervous." Sometimes that tended to happen with cats. They needed their alone time. "Ash is doing wonderful." As he said this, Ash decided he wanted to be on Rose's shoulder instead of his and gracefully hopped over to her. "Oh, sorry! He isn't too, heavy is he? If you need me to take him back I will." He watched as the bird coo'ed a sweet song that would lift anyone's spirits, especially those who were feeling down and out. He smiled, "He likes you." That was an understatement. The bird was nuzzling Rose's head so much it was making her hair go into crazy shapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Gaston's shock at the squid was nothing compared to what eh felt when he saw Tristan had a phoenix?! The color drained from his face, and he took an automatic step back when they made their grand entrance, half-expecting the bird to burst into flames at any moment. He had to take several dep breaths to calm himself before he could speak. "H-hello, Tristan and A-ash," he stammered. "I trust the two of you are well." And by that he meant 'is the bird going to burst into flames anytime soon?' Suddenly Phantom leaped out of his arms and hissed at the phoenix, her back arched and her ears flat.

YES, THAT's IT! KEEP PETTING ME! OH, NO YOU DON'T! *HISS* GO AWAY, STUPID DOG! THIS HUMAN'S MINE! WAIT, WHAT IS THAT?!?! BAD, SCARY FIRE-BIRD!!! MUST PROTECT THE OWNER!

Another professor (Tristan) showed up, and HE! HAD! A PHOENIX!!! That was so cool! All Emma could do was stare at the bird for a minute or two. "Whoa! I've never seen a phoenix up close before," she said. "He's pretty!" Maybe the nice professor dude would let her pet him. Please?
Uh oh, it seemed as if Gaston was a little nervous being around a Phoenix...as well as his cat. He realized then that he didn't know much about Gaston. What kind of best friend was he if he didn't know the man? "Hello Gaston and Phantom! We are doing quiet well, but you have nothing to worry about. Ash only burst into flames when I tell him to or he is having a burning day which is probably going to be many years from now." He paused to add, "Besides, his flames wont harm you so there is nothing to worry about." He paused again to think for a moment before asking, "I take it you are afraid of fire?" He looked down at the cat who was also freaking out at the site of Ash. "No worries Phantom, we wont harm you we promise." Ash was stark still on Tristan's shoulder. He wasn't about to hurt anyone unless they hurt Tristan...then there would be something to worry about.

Then suddenly a young girl he hadn't seen before was talking to him about Ash. She must have been from Ilvermorny. "Hello, I am Professor Wayland and this is Ash. He thanks you for the compliment." He said with a grin. Ash looked very interested in the young girl, stretching out his neck as far as it would go. Hoping for rubs. "I am sure he wouldn't mind a good petting." He said with a grin.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:13 AM   #127 (permalink)

DMAC
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
Amelia Raventhorne
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default pet party catch up
Gryffindor for life Notorious Niffler

Names were not what Emmeline was best at, and neither was focusing on one thing at a time when there were so many cool things happening. She did grin at Stasya as Dobby scampered towards her and quickly gave the squirrel looooads of pets. "How're you, Dobby?", she asked brightly as she gave him a big smile too.

Then the grown-up crup was bounding towards her and trying to lick her face, exactly like her assigned cruppy did all the time! The cute crup didn't have to try super hard, 'cause Emmeline was pretty small for her eleven years and so her face wasn't exactly out of the crup's reach. She giggled at the crup kissies and grinned at the creature, reaching out to pet her 'cause the professor had said it was okay. "Thanks for the kissies! You are sooo good!", she informed the crup happily.

And then Professor Marchand and Phantom had shown up, and Professor Wayland and Ash!! Emmeline had smiled and said hi to both professors before becoming totally absorbed in Professor Wayland's story about how he won Ash's trust. That was SOOOOOO cool! The first year didn't want to seem too awestruck, though, 'cause she was all grown up and mature and stuff so she simply said: "That's a lovely story, Professor Wayland!" See? Super grown up. And could he tell 50 more stories about his phoenix now please?

Then Emmeline noticed that an Ilvermorny girl, who was apparently called Emma and had a toad, had approached her. Emma looked to be around her own age, so Emmeline gave her a biiiig smile and said: "Hiii Emma! I'm Emmeline." She had to pause and giggle a little 'cause they almost had the same name. "Your toad is so cool!" She nodded happily when Emma asked if she could pet her pygmy puff, sent the American girl another grin and asked: "Can I pet your toad too?" She wanted to pet all the creatures, yup.

In fact, one of her goals when she first arrived at Hogwarts was to pet allll the creatures in the barn and she was almost half way there. The only ones she hadn't petted were ones that needed Professor Wayland's permission to get out of their areas. Like all the winged horses, though she had done lots of petting with the one winged horse that she'd ridden during that awesome Ancient Runes lesson before Christmas.

AND THEN the giant squid arrived! And he could talk!!! Emmeline felt unusually shy in the squid's presence, though he seemed friendly enough. She darted around kids, pets, and grown ups until she was at her Professor Stewart's side, and tugging lightly on her soon-to-be-guardian's sleeve. "Psst..Professor, does Mr. Squid like to be petted?", she whispered SUPER sneakily, so that Mr. Squid wouldn't overhear her. She kind of doubted he did like being petted, but she was super curious what squids felt like, and anyway she was sure that her professor would know the answer.
So there was no reason not to ask, mhm.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #128 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Gaston's cat was so much like Bonsai it was hilarious. Camilla laughed softly gently continuing the petting she had been giving the fluffy cat even when paw wrapped themselves around her wrist making sure the petting wouldn't stop. "Don't worry, Phantom, I don't mind petting you for a little while," she smiled using her other hand to give the cat a light scratch between the ears. "I agree, if not a pet gathering then just something else that will get everyone together and have a good time." It didn't have to be anything huge that took a lot of planning.

Really now? How did a Phoenix manage to get even more pretty than it already was? "Really? I wouldn't think it's possible, he's very lovely." With a creature such as Ash, Cami had never dreamed of coming face to face with one. The beautiful song that came from the bird brought a warm smile to her face, her hand reaching out to gently stroke his head, surprised by both his warmth but also with how calm he seemed. "Well thank you, he's the first bird to ever tell me so," she laughed softly in reply to what Tristan had claimed his bird was saying. The mention of her cat made her look at the feline whom happened to be just staring at the bird. "I do believe he's confused...he's never quite seen anything like Ash and he's seen many creatures already." Poor cat was probably in shock by the size of the bird.

There was a gentle tugging happening to her sleeve while she greeted Bartholomew. Upon looking down and seeing who this was she smiled warmly. Emmeline wanted to know if the squid liked being petted?! Well that was a very new question to her and one she wasn't sure of. "That I'm not sure of. This is the first time I've seen Bartholomew since I was about your age, I bet if you offered to shake his hand he would do that." He was friendly enough that was for sure.

You are Bread!
Old 07-28-2017, 12:03 AM   #129 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Marshmallow was quite familiar with Tristan and it was no surprise to see her barking and running around him. Kay laughed. "Quiet down, Marshmallow. You'll deafen everyone.'' And she tried to zone in on her colleague's story of how he acquired the phoenix. It hurt her heart to hear about the injured Ash and she admired how much he seemed to love Tristan. "Ash is meant to be your familiar,'' she said. "Do you think he'd let me feed him a few seeds?''

"Hello, Dobby!'' The name sounded familiar and it was just a little while after that Kay remembered about the famous House elf that helped save Harry Potter's life all those years ago. Her crup in the meanwhile was trying to lick Stasya's face. Really, this crup liked practically everyone.

The woman couldn't stop laughing. Paul was hilarious! "Thank goodness that you're such an insane man,'' she teased. "You make the perfect company!'' That was something she could tell since she joined the staff and even more so during the time she had spent with Paul and his partner during that Christmas get together with the rest of the staff. Her crup, on the other hand, was busy sniffing at Paul. Sniff, sniff!

"Bonsai is as friendly as you are,'' Kay observed yet again to Cami. Maybe it was something all the Stewart members had in common; the trait seemed to run in the family and seemed to extend to the pets too. Because pets were just as much as family. Just look at Marshmallow continuing to frisk around the Squid.

"OUCH!''
Kay hurriedly looked down so see Coco standing close by. Hardly registering Rose's scolding, she examined her foot. There were angry red lines where the cat's nails had scratched her. They burned but not that terribly. "I'm alright and it doesn't look as though the scratch is that deep.'' What was it with that cat? It was a good thing that Marshmallow was too busy playing with Emmeline because Kay was sure she would return the favour to Rose.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
Old 07-29-2017, 03:58 AM   #130 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

SNORT. Rosalyn knew Tristan way too well and none of this was a surprise to her. It definitely was amusing. "Oh, well isn't that sweet of you," she said with a smile before laughing. Maybe she was the only one who enjoyed a good pun, though she liked to think that she wasn't! Anyway there were other things to think about, like her kitty being naughty. "I think she just dislikes Kay. It's funny because Marshmallow doesn't like me. She chased me up the treehouse and bit my foot the first time I met her." Yeah, that had been an interesting day... "He certainly seems to be," she added as the phoenix hopped onto her shoulder. Now she was laughing again though it was a little hard with him nuzzling into her. "He's just so lovely. I don't mind it at all even if he is heavy and messing up my hair. He's just the most magnificent creature ever." As she spoke, she gave Ash some affection. "I like you too."

Talking to Gaston made Rosalyn so happy. It had felt like forever since she had a conversation with him. A proper one at least. Had the last one really been in February? "Well, I am sure that she will make some new friends. And if not, she can always play with Coco." As she spoke, she watched her kitty make her way over to Phantom. "The absolute worst influence," she added with a sparkle in her eyes. Even though she wasn't crazy about Gaston's cat, it did make her happy that their pets got along splendidly. "I really don't get why she dislikes Kay so much. I mean really. Kay is one of the nicest people that anyone could ever meet." It was mind-boggling.

Oh well, at least her best friend seemed to be okay. She gave a sigh of relief when Kay reported that it wasn't so bad. "Well, I am sure that Marshmallow will leave me with a war wound to match yours soon enough." Despite the fact that Rosalyn was laughing, she was serious about that. Well, at least the crup was currently occupied elsewhere and not giving even a moment's thought about her...

"I think Coco likes you, Emma," she added as she watched the two interact. The kitty definitely liked being petted. And probably being called cute too, judging by the fact that she plopped down on her back, showing her belly. Someone wanted more attention it seemed!