sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1140 users online including...
Kevinmit , KeithZinue , ramsspeelay , Anthonydyday

5 members
1135 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Paradise Piercings and Tattoos

Located smack in the middle of Diagon Alley’s North Side, Paradise Piercings & Tattoos is the place to be if you're in need of some ink, a little bit of bling, or just a taste of paradise! The shop’s theme is evident just from the exterior. A brightly painted wooden sign in the shape of a toucan hangs over the door, bearing the shop’s name. The large glass window to the right of the door boasts a display of t-shirts, hats, and other merchandise against a backdrop of tattoo designs. Every so often, a sign announcing a sale will be placed in the window.

Soothing wind chimes hung over the door sound as customers walk inside. The left wall is covered by a mural of a relaxing island scene, painted by former shopkeeper Dory Dane; this side of the shop houses the lounge area. A long sofa and a few tasteful armchairs line the wall, and several plastic baobab and gum acacia flowers complete the atmosphere. Customers relaxing in the lounge are invited to enjoy a tropical fruit-flavored soda or juice from the soda machine near the back of the shop for only a sickle; one more sickle buys a song from the adjacent jukebox. The right wall is painted a warm sandy brown color to complement the mural and lined with shelves bearing hats, bags, and apparel in a rainbow of colors, all charmed to fit people of all shapes and sizes. Near the shelves are two revolving racks stocked with an assortment of colorful jewelry. The more expensive jewelry pieces are housed in a glass case between the racks. Don't even think about stealing! All merchandise is equiped with a caterwauling charm, lest anyone get any ideas!

The tattoo parlor is behind a marked door at the back of the shop. Customers purchasing a tattoo or piercing will be greeted by tropical music and a calming oceanscape mural upon entering. In the middle of the room is an elevated chair for the customers and a smaller swivel chair for the shopkeeper; all supplies for tattooing and piercings are kept in a tall rolling cart at the far side of the parlor. Next to the tattoo parlor door is a sleek mahogany counter. Sitting atop the counter is a simple cash register, bell, and a book of tattoo designs courtesy of shopkeeper Vitani Kama. Along the wall behind the counter hangs a collection of masks owned by the current shopkeeper. Please note that the masks are decorations only and are NOT for sale. If you don’t see the shopkeeper out and about, push the bell, and she’ll be with you soon!

Text Cut: Inventory
Tattoos
(Customers must be 17 + to purchase or 16 with parental permission)

Standard Tattoo - Black: 15 galleons, 3 sickles, 21 knuts | Color: 19 galleons, 11 knuts

Chakra Tattoos (warns wearer of impending danger; typically worn on back of neck or center of forehead) - 21 galleons, 5 sickles, 5 knuts

Conscience Tattoo (black tattoo that burns when wearer does something morally wrong)- 21 galleons, 5 sickles, 5 knuts

Lumos Tattoo (glows in the dark) - 21 galleons, 5 sickles, 5 knuts

Moving Tattoos(moves all over body, regardless of inking location; sensitive to touch and emotion) - 24 galleons, 5 sickles, 27 knuts

"Wearable Compass" Tattoo - 26 galleons, 10 sickles, 21 knuts

Time-Telling Tattoo (keeps time up to the millisecond; automatically adjusts to timezones)- 30 galleons, 7 sickles, 12 knuts

Sphinx Tattoo (tattoo containing a riddle or puzzle) - 32 galleons, 12 sickles, 6 knuts

Large Tattoo - 34 galleons, 4 sickles, 2 knuts

Piercings
(Prices include 1 piece of jewelry to be inserted into piercing location. Customers 15 and under must have parental permission)

Ears – 4 galleons, 9 sickles, 18 knuts
Noses – 6 galleons, 14 sickle, 12 knuts
Eyebrows – 7 galleons, 10 sickle, 11 knuts
Navels – 9 galleons, 15 sickles, 5 knuts

Jewelry & Apparel

Temporary Tattoos - 12 sickles, 28 knuts
Rings - (plain) 1 galleon, 1 sickle, 4 knuts; (with stone) 1 galleon, 8 sickles, 26 knuts
Bracelets - (beaded, woven, or plastic) 1 galleon, 14 sickles, 2 knuts; (metal or gem) 2 galleons, 4 sickles, 24 knuts
Necklaces - (beaded or woven) 2 galleons, 12 sickles, 17 knuts; (metal or gem) 3 galleons, 5 sickles, 27 knuts
Earrings - 2 galleons, 7 sickles, 12 knuts (pair); 1 galleon, 6 sickles, 9 knuts (individual)
T-shirts – 3 galleons, 13 sickles, 20 knuts
Hooded sweatshirts - 4 galleons, 9 sickles, 18 knuts
Bags - 3 galleons, 22 knuts.
Hats - 2 galleons, 2 sickles, 7 knuts

*NEW!* DIY Kits
Design your own temporary tattoo kit - 1 galleon, 14 sickles, 2 knuts

Design your own jewelery kits:
Earrings - 2 galleons, 4 sickles, 24 knuts
Bracelet - 2 galleons, 12 sickles, 17 knuts
Necklace - 3 galleons, 11 sickles, 3 knuts

Design your own apparel kits:
Hat - 3 galleons, 3 sickles, 10 knuts
Bag - 3 galleons, 13 sickles, 20 knuts
T-shirt: 4 galleons, 7 sickles, 1 knut
This shop is STAFFED by Vitani Kama (MadMadamMalfoy).
Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
SPOILER!!: You guys ^_^

Ami normally didn't have an audience when getting her tattoos but, eh, she didn't mind it either. Afterall the art work wasn't going to be placed anywhere requiring discretion. "Not at all." She softly replied to the gentleman selling his samples and turned focus back on Dory.

The red head chuckled and nodded at Dory, "my father is quite the Star Wars addict." Her father would take Ami to muggle comic-con conventions when she was a young child, dressing her as Queen Amidala and he as his favorite Chewbacca character. Ami watched as the money was cashed in and nodded once more, "perfect." She replied. The red head wanted to get this done ASAP! She hadn't eaten yet and was feeling little grumbles, therefore making her pretty hangry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Blue eyes shifted from one person to the next. One of them he recognized from his department. Considering he had only seen her at a meeting, he had no idea what her name was or even which division she worked in. Regardless, Frankie knew that she was clean. Though it was quite a coincidence that they happened to bump into each other in a tattoo parlour of all places. Not that he cared to delve into that further when there was a criminal to be caught.

Naturally, his gaze then honed on the first to speak, who Frankie recognized from the music shop from one of his visits years ago. The blond gave the man a simple nod of his head. He was certain everything in the shop was legitimate, but he'd check in on what the guy was doing outside of his shop just to cover his bases.

He would be doing that later though. Eyes then turned on who he presumed to be the owner of the establishment. He nodded his head again. "More than likely a street vendor, yes," the Auror confirmed before his brow rose at the mention of someone that looked sketchy. "Could you describe the guy for me please? Whereabouts on the street did you see him? Do you recall what he was selling?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
And it appeared that Dory was already interested, so maybe it wouldn't be a hard sell at all. That was just as Atticus liked it, so even better. But leave? He didn't want to do that without the sale. "Actually, yes," he nodded at Dory's suggestion. "I think I will check out some of the jewelry. Maybe I'll get a new piercing while I'm here." And after she was done with her customer, of course.

And it seemed as if the woman getting the tattoo didn't mind him sticking around anyway. He gave her what he'd consider a very charming smile. "In that case, I'm interested in what kind of ink you're getting." It tended to say a lot about a person. But he wasn't going to stand there and stare anyway. That would be creepy.

Atticus didn't really care to have the law on his back so he was somewhat relieved that the guy had questions for his fellow shopkeeper instead of him. Not that he was doing anything illegitimate, but the man's presence just made him uncomfortable, even if he wasn't showing it. He'll just move along towards the piercing jewelry, thanks.

Dory nodded, chuckling a little along with Amidala. "So is my grandpa. Sounds like he and your dad would get along great," she said. Her expression darkened slightly at the thought of her grandfather. She hadn't heard from him in a while, and that wasn't like him at all! She'd have to send him an owl on her lunch break! Once the money was tucked safely in the cash register, she gestured toward the door behind her marked "tattoo parlor". "You can go wait in the parlor now," she said. "I'll be there in just a sec." She briefly eyed the guy with the badge, raising an eyebrow as if to ask if he was done with her customer.

She thought for a minute, picturing the sketchy street vendor in the back of her mind. "It was a fat dude, a little on the short side. I didn't get a good look at his face - he had a cloak and top hat on - but I remember he had a red beard," she said to the Auror dude. "He had a cart set up near Wiseacre's... he was selling some kind of jewelry. Could that be the person you're looking for?" Dory hoped her information would be helpful to the Auror so she could get back to her customer soon. Were they done yet?

Dory smiled as Atticus said he was going to look at the jewelry,and her smile grew even bigger when he mentioned possibly getting a piercing. She so wanted to make that happen! "Awesome!" she said. "Well, in that case, maybe you'd be interested in the new studs we got in last week." she gestured toward one of the racks on the opposite side of the room. "I designed them myself."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 04-22-2019, 02:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
Other Characters
Lobalug

Ooooooooooooohh..............

The niffler's attention had been stolen with a gleam of something coming from inside the Parlor. Eyes widening, the niffler made its way in and zigzagged through. There was so much to be had! The niffler headed towards the gleam that had gotten his attention, which just so happened to be a display case of shiny, dazzling, glittering earrings. He needed them. He went as quietly as he could around the side of the store and approached the display. The niffler reached its little hand towards the nearest shelf to take all of the little glimmering studs. Ooooooooooooooh yes yes, careful now, careful...

Old 04-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

What was Aurelia Maeve Walsh doing inside a Piercing and Tattoo shop? Shopping ... obviously. She was sixteen, after all which meant one thing: a naval piercing was in order. Okay, so she wasn't sure that was officially tied to the ritual of being sixteen and she had been sixteen since January, but she was at Hogwarts and her best friend had only just turned sixteen. Plus a piercing seemed a WHOLE LOT less committing than a tattoo (which she couldn't have gotten anyway, since mum was out of the question and aunt was on another continent). So piercing it was.

"cccommmeeeee onn Annnaaa," she glanced around for the brunette, wondering if she'd lost her to the crowds already. Probably the quidditch shop, but honestly, this was SO much more important.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 04-24-2019, 07:12 AM   #29 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Text Cut: Niffler
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIFFLERS! View Post
Ooooooooooooohh..............

The niffler's attention had been stolen with a gleam of something coming from inside the Parlor. Eyes widening, the niffler made its way in and zigzagged through. There was so much to be had! The niffler headed towards the gleam that had gotten his attention, which just so happened to be a display case of shiny, dazzling, glittering earrings. He needed them. He went as quietly as he could around the side of the store and approached the display. The niffler reached its little hand towards the nearest shelf to take all of the little glimmering studs. Ooooooooooooooh yes yes, careful now, careful...

Dory was in a pretty good mood as she returned from her lunch break. Casually sipping on an iced tea, she opened the door to the shop and removed the "back in 15 minutes" sign. She glanced around the store to make sure nothing was amiss, but her good mood vanished as she saw it... a furry black platypus-like creature at the earring display. A niffler... great,just what she needed. "Hey!" she shouted. "Those aren't yours!" In an instant, she had her wand drawn. "Accio!" She wasn't going to hurt the creature; she just wanted the earrings back!

Text Cut: Maeve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
What was Aurelia Maeve Walsh doing inside a Piercing and Tattoo shop? Shopping ... obviously. She was sixteen, after all which meant one thing: a naval piercing was in order. Okay, so she wasn't sure that was officially tied to the ritual of being sixteen and she had been sixteen since January, but she was at Hogwarts and her best friend had only just turned sixteen. Plus a piercing seemed a WHOLE LOT less committing than a tattoo (which she couldn't have gotten anyway, since mum was out of the question and aunt was on another continent). So piercing it was.

"cccommmeeeee onn Annnaaa," she glanced around for the brunette, wondering if she'd lost her to the crowds already. Probably the quidditch shop, but honestly, this was SO much more important.

Dory was adjusting a display of body paint at the front of the store. She had just finished hanging a sign in front of the display that read: 25% OFF ALL QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP MERCHANDISE when a young girl walked into the shop. She saw her coming even before the bird call over the door alerted her to the girl's presence. After giving the sign one last adjustment, she turned to her customer with a friendly smile. "Hey! What's up? Welcome to Paradise," she greeted. "Can I interest you in some Quidditch World Cup merchandise?" she gestured toward the displays of body paint, temporary tattoos, and jewelry inspired by the teams. "All quidditch merch is 25% off."

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
Old 04-24-2019, 09:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Dory was adjusting a display of body paint at the front of the store. She had just finished hanging a sign in front of the display that read: 25% OFF ALL QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP MERCHANDISE when a young girl walked into the shop. She saw her coming even before the bird call over the door alerted her to the girl's presence. After giving the sign one last adjustment, she turned to her customer with a friendly smile. "Hey! What's up? Welcome to Paradise," she greeted. "Can I interest you in some Quidditch World Cup merchandise?" she gestured toward the displays of body paint, temporary tattoos, and jewelry inspired by the teams. "All quidditch merch is 25% off."
'25% OFF ALL QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP MERCHANDISE'

No need to say any MORE. Anna was THERE. She liked a bargain and more importantly, QUIDDITCH!

She had been appreciating the shop environment since before she stepped in. That bird on the sign was too cool! She could hear Maeve whining calling for her to come in, so after glancing at the display window one last time, the now sixteen-year-old walked into the shop to be greeted by some cool music. "Niiice!" She said, nodding as she looked around.

That had been perfect timing, because Anna went in just in time to hear the one who seemed to be the shopkeeper to announce what she had just read on the sign. "Yes, please!" She grinned at theshopkeeper.

It was then that Anna started to look around for the pricing list. A very important detail, you know.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!
Old 04-26-2019, 10:19 PM   #31 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post

No need to say any MORE. Anna was THERE. She liked a bargain and more importantly, QUIDDITCH!

She had been appreciating the shop environment since before she stepped in. That bird on the sign was too cool! She could hear Maeve whining calling for her to come in, so after glancing at the display window one last time, the now sixteen-year-old walked into the shop to be greeted by some cool music. "Niiice!" She said, nodding as she looked around.

That had been perfect timing, because Anna went in just in time to hear the one who seemed to be the shopkeeper to announce what she had just read on the sign. "Yes, please!" She grinned at theshopkeeper.

It was then that Anna started to look around for the pricing list. A very important detail, you know.
Ahhh what GREAT customer service. Maeve grinned at the shopkeeper's welcome and well of course she had to mention the Quidditch World Cup. EVERYONE was talking about it but yet it worked in getting her friend to finally move.

"Wait, nooooo.... nooo... Naval piercings!" That's what Maeve declared cause obviously she was making Anna do this with her. "Perhaps we can get like a buy one get one deal?" Cause like they were adorable teenage girls who probably shouldn't be spending their money on accessorizing. But listen, Maeve's aunt abandoned her again and even though she said she was coming back for Christmas, Maeve had the distinct feeling she wasn't and so the blond was determined to do something.... tattoo was out of the question (and probably more money anyway).
Alsooooo she owed Anna a sixteenth birthday present, so.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 04-29-2019, 04:51 AM   #32 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement

Text Cut: Anna & Maeve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post

Quote:
Ahhh what GREAT customer service. Maeve grinned at the shopkeeper's welcome and well of course she had to mention the Quidditch World Cup. EVERYONE was talking about it but yet it worked in getting her friend to finally move.

"Wait, nooooo.... nooo... Naval piercings!" That's what Maeve declared cause obviously she was making Anna do this with her. "Perhaps we can get like a buy one get one deal?" Cause like they were adorable teenage girls who probably shouldn't be spending their money on accessorizing. But listen, Maeve's aunt abandoned her again and even though she said she was coming back for Christmas, Maeve had the distinct feeling she wasn't and so the blond was determined to do something.... tattoo was out of the question (and probably more money anyway).
Alsooooo she owed Anna a sixteenth birthday present, so.

Dory had barely finished greeting the girl already in her shop when another girl (who she assumed must be the friend the first girl was calling) came in. She opened her mouth, but the other girl (Anna) spoke before she had the chance. Apparently she’d already heard the spiel Dory gave her friend (Maeve) about the sale on quidditch-themed merchandise. Oh well, saved her the trouble of repeating herself! Dory returned the girl’s (Anna) grin. “Awesome!” she replied. “We’ve got jewelry and temporary tattoo designs inspired by the Quidditch World Cup teams, and for the hardcore quidditch fan-” which she had a feeling this girl was. ”- we have a new shipment of body paint.” She gestured toward a pyramid made of several cans of body paint stacked on top of each other.

Then the other girl (Maeve) said something about navel piercings, and Dory raised an eyebrow at the mention of a buy one get one discount. "We'll see," she said. That statement did get the wheels inside Dory’s head turning, though. She had an idea she hoped would make both girls happy! “If it’s navel piercings you’re looking for, we have a great selection of belly rings in that case over there,” she said,pointing out a glass case along the wall. “We even have some quidditch-themed ones on sale.” She opened the case and held up a gold navel ring with silver swirls on the sides, designed to look like a golden snitch, for one of the girls (Anna) to see. "We also have some more subtle ones that don't scream quidditch," she added, nodding toward the other girl (Maeve). "These ones have stones in the quidditch world cup team colors." She pointed to several navel rings with brightly colored stones laying on a pillow in the case.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:39 AM   #33 (permalink)

DMLE & DoM
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddy Zimmer
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5
Default dani <3
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Missa had been curious about this place for a while now. But only now - when she was about to head into her S E V E N T H year, she found the urge to go inside and see if she could actually go through with this. It was perhaps part of her urge to do things she normally wouldn't do - because it was going to be her last term, and the doom and gloom about the finality of things was lingering heavily on her. She was also going to be off age in a matter of days, and then things ... will really be different, wouldn't it?

So maybe she'll get a tattoo. Maybe a temporary one. Maybe a permanent one. She hadn't made up her mind yet. But she was here, browsing the shop - lost in her thoughts, somewhat nervous, and very much intrigued.

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Old 04-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #34 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Missa had been curious about this place for a while now. But only now - when she was about to head into her S E V E N T H year, she found the urge to go inside and see if she could actually go through with this. It was perhaps part of her urge to do things she normally wouldn't do - because it was going to be her last term, and the doom and gloom about the finality of things was lingering heavily on her. She was also going to be off age in a matter of days, and then things ... will really be different, wouldn't it?

So maybe she'll get a tattoo. Maybe a temporary one. Maybe a permanent one. She hadn't made up her mind yet. But she was here, browsing the shop - lost in her thoughts, somewhat nervous, and very much intrigued.
Hanna-Belle wasn't here for a tattoo. She thought most of them were unsightly and besides that, they were permanent. If she woke up in the morning and hated it, there would be a lot going into getting rid of it and the act of having to admit she was wrong about something so huge would've been salt in a wound she was already keener to avoid.

The earrings were cute though and she needed a new pair of those. There were a few things she needed while she was here in Diagon Alley and she'd probably stop by Primpernelle's after--for lip gloss. There was a decent chance she'd hurt Cillian if he didn't compliment her on any of the things she would procure but that was a bridge she'd cross when she ever got there.

For now, Ravenclaw Prefect Girl was blocking her view.

"You're in the way." Came that firm but indifferent voice. She looked the girl over idly, wondering what she was doing in here. She didn't seem the sort. Not that Hanna knew much about her. Only things in passing. Enough to doubt she was getting tatted.

But stranger things happened everyday.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:35 PM   #35 (permalink)

DMLE & DoM
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddy Zimmer
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Hanna-Belle wasn't here for a tattoo. She thought most of them were unsightly and besides that, they were permanent. If she woke up in the morning and hated it, there would be a lot going into getting rid of it and the act of having to admit she was wrong about something so huge would've been salt in a wound she was already keener to avoid.

The earrings were cute though and she needed a new pair of those. There were a few things she needed while she was here in Diagon Alley and she'd probably stop by Primpernelle's after--for lip gloss. There was a decent chance she'd hurt Cillian if he didn't compliment her on any of the things she would procure but that was a bridge she'd cross when she ever got there.

For now, Ravenclaw Prefect Girl was blocking her view.

"You're in the way." Came that firm but indifferent voice. She looked the girl over idly, wondering what she was doing in here. She didn't seem the sort. Not that Hanna knew much about her. Only things in passing. Enough to doubt she was getting tatted.

But stranger things happened everyday.

The sixteen year old nearly jumped but then quickly got out of the way, "Oh, sorry" Missa had been so lost in thought she had forgotten she was just standing, staring at a wall and the many designs on it.

She wasn't one to just talk to strangers, but she knew the girl - she had seen her around the school. Sure, they hadn't talked but their eyes had met? And so yeah, she knew her a little.

"What would you get? If you were getting a tattoo?" she asked, just as idly as she stared at one of the more cliché butterfly designs there.

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Old 04-18-2020, 01:00 PM   #36 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
The sixteen year old nearly jumped but then quickly got out of the way, "Oh, sorry" Missa had been so lost in thought she had forgotten she was just standing, staring at a wall and the many designs on it.

She wasn't one to just talk to strangers, but she knew the girl - she had seen her around the school. Sure, they hadn't talked but their eyes had met? And so yeah, she knew her a little.

"What would you get? If you were getting a tattoo?" she asked, just as idly as she stared at one of the more cliché butterfly designs there.
"I wouldn't get a tattoo." Came her initial response. It wasn't what the girl had asked and she knew well enough how to respond to hypothetical questions, but it was important for her to let her know all the same that a tattoo was not something she would actively consider. Don't ask her why, it just was.

Now that that was clear, Hanna-Belle turned fully to take a look at the designs hung about the wall. "Not a butterfly." She caught the way she was looking at that one and while she wasn't sure if it was with intent to imprint that somewhere on her skin, it was worth discouraging.

"I don't know anything about you." A true enough statement. "But you don't seem the sort to get a butterfly...or well, I'd hope you're not. That would be disappointing." The Slytherin turned to the girl again.

"Then again, you're not my Prefect. I suppose it shouldn't matter to me what sort of person you are."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 04-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

DMLE & DoM
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddy Zimmer
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
"I wouldn't get a tattoo." Came her initial response. It wasn't what the girl had asked and she knew well enough how to respond to hypothetical questions, but it was important for her to let her know all the same that a tattoo was not something she would actively consider. Don't ask her why, it just was.

Now that that was clear, Hanna-Belle turned fully to take a look at the designs hung about the wall. "Not a butterfly." She caught the way she was looking at that one and while she wasn't sure if it was with intent to imprint that somewhere on her skin, it was worth discouraging.

"I don't know anything about you." A true enough statement. "But you don't seem the sort to get a butterfly...or well, I'd hope you're not. That would be disappointing." The Slytherin turned to the girl again.

"Then again, you're not my Prefect. I suppose it shouldn't matter to me what sort of person you are."
It was entirely hypothetical, but Missa nodded anyway when the young girl told her she wouldn't get a tattoo. "you never know though, you might change your mind when you are older" She, herself, had never considered such a thing but it was a good thing to keep your mind open.

Amused at her quick need to dismiss the butterfly, she nodded again, "I was thinking the same" she said with a smile. "I think I am more attracted to words - or maybe a symbol, I am still debating"

"It's definitely a big commitment, having something engraved onto your skin - that you might hate a few years down the road" The Ravenclaw added. At her next statement though, she laughed lightly. She was a peculiar girl, wasn't she? And a little ... stiff too. "And it would matter to you if I was your prefect? I don't think it should - I mean, it's a personal choice."

Old 04-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #38 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
It was entirely hypothetical, but Missa nodded anyway when the young girl told her she wouldn't get a tattoo. "you never know though, you might change your mind when you are older" She, herself, had never considered such a thing but it was a good thing to keep your mind open.

Amused at her quick need to dismiss the butterfly, she nodded again, "I was thinking the same" she said with a smile. "I think I am more attracted to words - or maybe a symbol, I am still debating"

"It's definitely a big commitment, having something engraved onto your skin - that you might hate a few years down the road" The Ravenclaw added. At her next statement though, she laughed lightly. She was a peculiar girl, wasn't she? And a little ... stiff too. "And it would matter to you if I was your prefect? I don't think it should - I mean, it's a personal choice."
Hanna's lips tugged downward in that signature scowl of hers at the girl's attempt at...honestly, she didn't know what she was trying to accomplish with her statement, but it was nothing Hanna-Belle wanted part in. "Being fickle in your convictions doesn't mean everyone else is, too." She for one, would not be changing her mind. In her 15 years of life, there were VERY few things the girl changed her mind about and it was not without a certain degree of force.

A large degree of force.

Hanna considered the options Missa was actually considering. Words or symbols. That all depended. "Do you have something truly meaningful that you'd like ingrained in your skin for the rest of your life? If not, go with a symbol. No matter how stupid the reason is, people will think you're deep...I assume that's what you're going for."

As to whether it would bother her, Hanna's shoulders straightened some as she replied. "It would, actually. If others think the Prefect is a joke, they'll think the entire house is a joke. It will be harder to be taken seriously. More people will have to be shoved. It's an unnecessary ill." Surely Missa could appreciate less instances of fights she may stumble upon and have to do something about.

"I'd also be obligated to care if others make fun of them. By default. You're not my Prefect, I don't have to care."

Old 04-23-2020, 02:04 PM   #39 (permalink)

DMLE & DoM
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddy Zimmer
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
Hanna's lips tugged downward in that signature scowl of hers at the girl's attempt at...honestly, she didn't know what she was trying to accomplish with her statement, but it was nothing Hanna-Belle wanted part in. "Being fickle in your convictions doesn't mean everyone else is, too." She for one, would not be changing her mind. In her 15 years of life, there were VERY few things the girl changed her mind about and it was not without a certain degree of force.

A large degree of force.

Hanna considered the options Missa was actually considering. Words or symbols. That all depended. "Do you have something truly meaningful that you'd like ingrained in your skin for the rest of your life? If not, go with a symbol. No matter how stupid the reason is, people will think you're deep...I assume that's what you're going for."

As to whether it would bother her, Hanna's shoulders straightened some as she replied. "It would, actually. If others think the Prefect is a joke, they'll think the entire house is a joke. It will be harder to be taken seriously. More people will have to be shoved. It's an unnecessary ill." Surely Missa could appreciate less instances of fights she may stumble upon and have to do something about.

"I'd also be obligated to care if others make fun of them. By default. You're not my Prefect, I don't have to care."
Oh look, Eiji had a sister he never knew about.

Missa blinked, surprised by the girl’s dry retort - and her continuing need to let the Ravenclaw know how certain she was of her opinions - which Missa hadn’t been questioning in the first place anyway. “Keeping an open mind and being fickle are two different things” she simply said “It also helps to adapt to situations” she added, leaning in to read the tiny text on a flobberworm design. Why would anyone want THAT on their skin was beyond her.

Chuckling softly, the brunette slipped her hands in her pockets, “I am just looking into a curiosity, it is not set in stone that I’ll get one - and even if I did, it wouldn’t be for the people around me”

“Is that why you do things? to please people?” she asked the girl instead, since she was assuming the same for Missa. She was now making her think of her own sister. A person she hardly ever got through as well.

Her brow raised at her next statement though. Not only was she calling Missa a joke, she was also talking about a potential fight? So naturally, the brunette was both offended and concerned. “if it will get you into further trouble, I’d rather you not care” she said - watching her.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:16 AM   #40 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

Quote:
Oh look, Eiji had a sister he never knew about.

Missa blinked, surprised by the girl’s dry retort - and her continuing need to let the Ravenclaw know how certain she was of her opinions - which Missa hadn’t been questioning in the first place anyway. “Keeping an open mind and being fickle are two different things” she simply said “It also helps to adapt to situations” she added, leaning in to read the tiny text on a flobberworm design. Why would anyone want THAT on their skin was beyond her.

Chuckling softly, the brunette slipped her hands in her pockets, “I am just looking into a curiosity, it is not set in stone that I’ll get one - and even if I did, it wouldn’t be for the people around me”

“Is that why you do things? to please people?” she asked the girl instead, since she was assuming the same for Missa. She was now making her think of her own sister. A person she hardly ever got through as well.

Her brow raised at her next statement though. Not only was she calling Missa a joke, she was also talking about a potential fight? So naturally, the brunette was both offended and concerned. “if it will get you into further trouble, I’d rather you not care” she said - watching her.
"Adapting is just a fancy way of saying compromising. You're saying it helps to compromise. I disagree. You give an inch and everyone is keen to take a mile. It starts small then the next thing you know, your whole life is rearranged and you can't begin to imagine how to get back to the peace you had before you first "adapted"." Miss Ravenclaw Prefect Not Looking For Butterflies would do well to remember that. She was starting to seem like the sort to compromise and that never ended well.

Hanna moved back to the earrings, picking up a set of small, pearl ones that were cute but not over the top. Enough to make her happy, without making a scene. Practical. "I don't do anything for anyone but myself." Let's get that clear right from the start. "It doesn't mean I'm unaware of what other people say and don't think you'll convince me that if everyone hated your tattoo and thought you were ....insert any insult you'd like here...you wouldn't feel some type of way."

It was human nature to care even when you truly didn't. This Missa, of all people, was surely not exempt.

The Slytherin was unaware of the girl's eyes now on her, her own attention on the display. The words, however, got her scowling again.

"I've already told you I don't care. Why do you care if I decide to fight or not? I won't be your problem to fix."

Old 04-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #41 (permalink)

DMLE & DoM
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddy Zimmer
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5

Quote:
"Adapting is just a fancy way of saying compromising. You're saying it helps to compromise. I disagree. You give an inch and everyone is keen to take a mile. It starts small then the next thing you know, your whole life is rearranged and you can't begin to imagine how to get back to the peace you had before you first "adapted"." Miss Ravenclaw Prefect Not Looking For Butterflies would do well to remember that. She was starting to seem like the sort to compromise and that never ended well.

Hanna moved back to the earrings, picking up a set of small, pearl ones that were cute but not over the top. Enough to make her happy, without making a scene. Practical. "I don't do anything for anyone but myself." Let's get that clear right from the start. "It doesn't mean I'm unaware of what other people say and don't think you'll convince me that if everyone hated your tattoo and thought you were ....insert any insult you'd like here...you wouldn't feel some type of way."

It was human nature to care even when you truly didn't. This Missa, of all people, was surely not exempt.

The Slytherin was unaware of the girl's eyes now on her, her own attention on the display. The words, however, got her scowling again.

"I've already told you I don't care. Why do you care if I decide to fight or not? I won't be your problem to fix."
This not so light banter was very telling of what kind of a person Hanna was. Missa wasn’t even sure when the conversation turned so aggressive - but she assumed it came from a troubling place. So she merely nodded, because sometimes you can only learn through experience. And clearly Hanna’s were much different than Missa’s. She was almost tempted to rest her hand on the girl’s shoulder and tell her to relax. But she could tell that it would lead to nowhere good.

Still, she tried to gently proceed - “Or maybe you have a very negative way of looking into things. But no, I never said that it wouldn’t hurt me if people started saying... things about me” It was a thing she had struggled with constantly, especially when it came to her body image. “But I still don’t think I would start leading my life differently just because they have certain opinions of me” Like the younger girl clearly had.

Forget the tattoo, all she could see was her own sister now, and how similar this entire scene was. Perhaps that is why she felt an urge to reach out. “I never said you’d be a problem for me to fix. I am only saying I don’t think I’d like to see you getting in trouble for something so ... pointless.”

And then she sighed, before adding a similar thing she had told her own sister, “Nevertheless .... if you do need help with anything, even a listening ear - I’ll be around”

Old 04-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #42 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

SPOILER!!: big sister? big sister *nods*
Quote:
This not so light banter was very telling of what kind of a person Hanna was. Missa wasn’t even sure when the conversation turned so aggressive - but she assumed it came from a troubling place. So she merely nodded, because sometimes you can only learn through experience. And clearly Hanna’s were much different than Missa’s. She was almost tempted to rest her hand on the girl’s shoulder and tell her to relax. But she could tell that it would lead to nowhere good.

Still, she tried to gently proceed - “Or maybe you have a very negative way of looking into things. But no, I never said that it wouldn’t hurt me if people started saying... things about me” It was a thing she had struggled with constantly, especially when it came to her body image. “But I still don’t think I would start leading my life differently just because they have certain opinions of me” Like the younger girl clearly had.

Forget the tattoo, all she could see was her own sister now, and how similar this entire scene was. Perhaps that is why she felt an urge to reach out. “I never said you’d be a problem for me to fix. I am only saying I don’t think I’d like to see you getting in trouble for something so ... pointless.”

And then she sighed, before adding a similar thing she had told her own sister, “Nevertheless .... if you do need help with anything, even a listening ear - I’ll be around”

"I don't need you to tell me that." Hanna-Belle Gudgeon was a negative Nancy. She didn't need anyone to tell her that, she didn't need confirmation. It was the way she'd chosen to be after several of life's biggest disappointments. "And I didn't say you have to live by what they think either." Honestly, Missa could do whatever she wanted. It was her life and her consequences to endure. Everyone had their own choices to make and their own pits to dig. They were the only ones who really knew what they could handle.

Hanna fixed the prefect with a skeptical look, as if trying to dissect her motives and get to the heart of whatever she was saying. "What does it matter to you? We aren't friends. We've never spoken. I'm no one, to you. If I got expelled on the second day back it wouldn't affect your circle or friends. I don't think you'd notice."

While the pessimist in her wanted nothing more than to believe that perhaps no one would notice, she knew all too well a few people who would be happy to see her gone.

And the skeptical look was only intensifying. In her experience, people only did things when there was something in it for them. This Missa, surely she was playing at a game, too. Didn't they all? The young girl was all the more guarded now. "Why? What's in it for you? I don't have any money and I won't be your carrier owl about the castle. If you're looking for a side kick, I can direct you elsewhere." No one was nice for the sake of it. No one.