sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1285 users online including...
BrandonDar , Holmesian Feline , PhoenixRising , Stevendalo , Jacobzj , astrocat , uralldmex , FlixexNit

9 members
1276 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default Potage's Cauldron Shop

As you enter Diagon Alley from the Leaky Cauldron, the first thing you might see is the assortment of cauldrons stacked out the front and decoratively dangling from the small balcony. The large window will let you peek in to find rows and rows of Cauldrons, organised precisely by style, and size. Along with the stacked cauldrons out the front is a welcoming sign that reads "Potage's Cauldron Shop - All Sizes - Brass, Cooper, Silver, Pewter, Self Stirring, and Collapsible."

Walking into the shop you will find rows and rows of cauldrons, anything you could need or want is there. Organized by size and style. The more expensive cauldrons will be found on the top shelves and the bigger cauldrons are always found in the back. Don't try to climb up the shelves to reach a silver cauldron though! The shopkeeper is there to help retrieve anything hard-to-reach. During summer months, as Diagon Alley prepares for all new and returning Hogwarts students, the shopkeeper makes it easy by having a school display right up front with the appropriate Hogwarts-approved cauldrons.

The shopkeeper also has a knack with cauldron repairs, should you have a crack, a hole, or any other damage. Still can't find what you are looking for? No problem, the shopkeeper is always ready to help out. Just head to the counter! If you don't see the anyone, just ding the small bell and it will ring to let them know someone is in need of assistance.

Text Cut: Inventory

Pewter
The ideal starter cauldron, used by first-year students at Hogwarts, and brews at a slow speed. It's perfect for brewing a wide range of potions and carrying books to class.
  • Size 2 - 15 galleons
  • Size 3 - 30 galleons
  • Size 4 - 45 galleons
  • Size 5 - 60 galleons
Repairs
  • Small imperfections - 3 galleons
  • Holes or Cracks - 5 galleons
  • Smashed - 6 galleons

Brass
Whatever you're brewing, from the Draught of Living Death to the Forgetfulness Potion, this cauldron is ideal for witches and wizards of all abilities, and brews at a medium speed.
  • Size 2 - 21 galleons
  • Size 3 - 42 galleons
  • Size 4 - 63 galleons
  • Size 5 - 85 galleons
Repairs
  • Small imperfections - 4 galleons
  • Holes or Cracks - 7 galleons
  • Smashed - 9 galleons

Cooper
You can use all sorts of weird and wonderful ingredients at a fast speed in this cauldron! From silver unicorn horns to minuscule, glittery, black beetle eyes.
  • Size 2 - 25 galleons
  • Size 3 - 50 galleons
  • Size 4 - 75 galleons
  • Size 5 - 100 galleons
Repairs
  • Small imperfections - 5 galleons
  • Holes or Cracks - 8 galleons
  • Smashed - 10 galleons

Silver
For only the advanced Potion makers, Cauldrons made of this precious, soft, lustrous metal will help you brew potions such as The Grand Wiggenweld Potion, and brews very fast.
  • Size 2 - 70 galleons
  • Size 3 - 140 galleons
  • Size 4 - 210 galleons
  • Size 5 - 280 galleons
Repairs
  • Small imperfections - 14 galleons
  • Holes or Cracks - 23 galleons
  • Smashed - 30 galleons

Gold
The most precious of all metals used by Potage's Cauldron Shop, and are only made to order upon full payment. A Gold cauldron will brew a far superior potion, at varied speeds - self-regulating for each potion being brewed.
  • Size 2 - 2,870 galleons
  • Size 3 - 5,740 galleons
  • Size 4 - 8,610 galleons
  • Size 5 - 11,480 galleons
Repairs
  • Small imperfections - 574 galleons
  • Holes or Cracks - 956 galleons
  • Smashed - 1,230 galleons

Self-Stirring
Perfect for those with arthritic wrists, or who merely have no time to stand and stir your concoctions. Invented by Gaspard Shingleton, this cauldron is a medium speed brewer.
  • Size 2 - 20 galleons
  • Size 3 - 40 galleons
  • Size 4 - 60 galleons
  • Size 5 - 80 galleons
Repairs
  • Small imperfections - 4 galleons
  • Holes or Cracks - 6 galleons
  • Smashed - 8 galleons

Collapsable
For those potioneers out there who are short of space, or wish to travel with your Potions kit, this one is perfect for you! Brewing at a slow-medium speed.
  • Size 2 - 30 galleons
  • Size 3 - 60 galleons
  • Size 4 - 90 galleons
  • Size 5 - 120 galleons
Repairs
  • Small imperfections - 6 galleons
  • Holes or Cracks - 10 galleons
  • Smashed - 12 galleons

This shop is NOT STAFFED and has a NPC shopkeeper.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Being in the foul mood that she was, Emmerson's first instinct was to shove whoever had bumped into her, showing them the importance of looking where they were going if they didn't want any trouble. The only problem? She and her mother had tested each other's patience enough throughout the morning that a fight would get her in trouble. When she went home, she wanted a nap, not a lecture so the 11 year old kept her hands to herself.

"You look sad." She countered, turning to the pewter cauldron that stood by her on the shelf. "Why don't you fix your own problems instead of worrying about others?" Did he really look sad? She didn't know. Emm had barely spared the boy a glance. He could've been looking like a maniac for all she knew.

"There's nothing wrong with me. I'm school shopping, same as you." Same as what felt like everyone else in this dumb alley and most of them looked all too pleased to be doing it.

Why everyone was fine heading off to a castle in the country was beyond her.
Well this girl was certainly in a mood and had an attitude?? What did he do wrong?? He stared when she countered with the same thing saying it was him who looked sad and now Apollo was wondering if his sadness about having to wait a WHOLE YEAR more before heading off to school was showing through. "If I could fix them, I would, but I can't exactly change when I was born." He didn't think the Ministry of Magic would approve of him changing his birth year.

"I wish I was school shopping." He sighed. Really, the attitude on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ashley found what she needed immediately, a pewter cauldron, size 2. She had no idea how she could possibly lug this around but apparently there was a way. She sneaked a look at the other occupants of the store, but they looked very grumpy and/or sad so she decided against going over there. She was about to pay and leave, except for she tripped over the cauldron and hit her shin on the way down. "owwww." She said. How fun. She was pretty sure her shin would be bruised for about another week. Probably meant a limp as well. This was VERY not awesome. She was definitely not going to cry in public though, so she just made a very pained face. She got up and started to slowly limp towards the counter to pay.
His eyes gazed over toward an exclamation from another voice as he saw another small girl with a pained face. He looked back at the attitude girl to see if she would say anything, but then again, the way she acted with him, probably not. Maybe she just thought boys had cooties or something. Weren't girls taught that? Though everyone knew it was really the girls who had cooties.

Concern was on his face, but he didn't say anything. Yet.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 08-19-2020, 06:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Well this girl was certainly in a mood and had an attitude?? What did he do wrong?? He stared when she countered with the same thing saying it was him who looked sad and now Apollo was wondering if his sadness about having to wait a WHOLE YEAR more before heading off to school was showing through. "If I could fix them, I would, but I can't exactly change when I was born." He didn't think the Ministry of Magic would approve of him changing his birth year.

His eyes gazed over toward an exclamation from another voice as he saw another small girl with a pained face. He looked back at the attitude girl to see if she would say anything, but then again, the way she acted with him, probably not. Maybe she just thought boys had cooties or something. Weren't girls taught that? Though everyone knew it was really the girls who had cooties.

Ashley looked around to see if anyone noticed her fall. Nobody looked like they had except for a boy who looked a little concerned and was staring at her. "what?" she said softly, under her breath. Why was he staring at her? Was it because she had just dropped a cauldron on her foot? She must look pretty dumb right now. She blushed. How embarrassing was this? On the bright side, at least one random person cared about her hurting her foot. She decided that now was as good a time as ever to introduce herself. She attempted a smile(it was more of a grimace) while holding her shin. "Uhhh... I'm Ashley," she said, embarrassed.
Old 08-20-2020, 02:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ashley looked around to see if anyone noticed her fall. Nobody looked like they had except for a boy who looked a little concerned and was staring at her. "what?" she said softly, under her breath. Why was he staring at her? Was it because she had just dropped a cauldron on her foot? She must look pretty dumb right now. She blushed. How embarrassing was this? On the bright side, at least one random person cared about her hurting her foot. She decided that now was as good a time as ever to introduce herself. She attempted a smile(it was more of a grimace) while holding her shin. "Uhhh... I'm Ashley," she said, embarrassed.
Not school shopping? Wish he could change his birthday? He was a baby, wasn't he? Younger than her, less worth talking to, not someone of any value to her in the long run. Emmerson made this assessment quickly, taking no more than a few seconds to conclude that the boy could offer her nothing and was therefore not worth the effort. She may have said as much but the sudden shout drew her attention.

Emmerson looked to the loud girl, thinking her familiar but not familiar enough for her to recall why. Would she do anything to help? No. The girl was not her friend, she had no reason to care. Instead, she looked to the boy again. "You've found someone else whose problems you can now make your own. I reckon that'll make you happy."

Hazel eyes looked back to the Ashley girl. "He may kiss it if you look sad enough." They shifted back to the boy. "Or are you not old enough for that, either?" Foul mood? Absolutely. The little girl had decided that she hated school shopping, even if it did have the word "shopping" at the end. Speaking of, still looking to the boy.

"Wait, if you aren't going to Hogwarts, why're you looking through the cauldron shop?" Now that she thought about it, he seemed oddly misplaced.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 08-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Not school shopping? Wish he could change his birthday? He was a baby, wasn't he? Younger than her, less worth talking to, not someone of any value to her in the long run. Emmerson made this assessment quickly, taking no more than a few seconds to conclude that the boy could offer her nothing and was therefore not worth the effort. She may have said as much but the sudden shout drew her attention.

Emmerson looked to the loud girl, thinking her familiar but not familiar enough for her to recall why. Would she do anything to help? No. The girl was not her friend, she had no reason to care. Instead, she looked to the boy again. "You've found someone else whose problems you can now make your own. I reckon that'll make you happy."

Hazel eyes looked back to the Ashley girl. "He may kiss it if you look sad enough." They shifted back to the boy. "Or are you not old enough for that, either?" Foul mood? Absolutely. The little girl had decided that she hated school shopping, even if it did have the word "shopping" at the end. Speaking of, still looking to the boy.

"Wait, if you aren't going to Hogwarts, why're you looking through the cauldron shop?" Now that she thought about it, he seemed oddly misplaced.

Ashley recognized the girl as someone she had seen around, possibly at Madam Malkin's. She seemed to be awfully entitled and also in a bad mood. Ashley stared. Did this girl just suggest that the concerned looking boy over there should kiss... her shinbone? If she looked sad? First, of all, that did not make any sense. Also, Ashley wasn't a baby, so she didn't need someone to kiss her leg, she needed an ice pack obviously. She had no idea why the girl was so upset. She concluded that either she was having a really bad day or that was just her personality. She frowned. "I'm fine, thanks. I'm not a two year old." Also, why was this girl being so mean to the younger boy? He seemed to be a nice person in Ashley's opinion. "Also, he's not that young. He's only like one year younger than you." She decided that she did not like this girl at all, and made a note to stay away from her in the future.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

It had been a while since the shops of Diagon Alley had been defaced, but as the sun rose over the Alley, scrawled across the decoratively dangling cauldrons was the following symbol. Some of the graffiti paint splattered the windows. The imagine certainly hadn't been there the night before:
Old 11-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #31 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar
Quality Quidditch Supplies

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
books and cleverness | i like you a latte

Jina had been visiting her parents in London for the weekend. On the last day of her visit, she decided to make a trip to Diagon Alley to stock up her magical supplies. She needed some potions ingredients for her personal collection, a rune dictionary (because she was studying ancient runes again, much to her frustration) and some summer dresses. Okay, she did not need a new dress, but she couldn't just walk past Madam Malkin's without buying anything!

The 19-year-old entered Diagon Alley the Muggle way, via Charing Cross Road and through the Leaky Cauldron. She strolled past the first shop, smiling softly to see that the stacks of cauldrons were there by the front as usual. Except they were splattered with paint, which was ... strange. It was not an effective method of advertisement at all - if anything, the cauldrons looked less appealing than without the paint design. But as her eyes took in the full image, she realised that it was actually the result of vandalism. The Greater Good ... and that was the Deathly Hallows symbol.

Suddenly alert, she pulled out her wand and looked around her. Her instincts told her that this was not a simple prank. Or was she just being paranoid?
Old 12-02-2020, 12:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer

If the young witch thought to try and scrub the pots with a cleaning spell, she would find that the paint would not easily come off. No, like the other graffiti that had popped up in the Alley, this too would not come off easily.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Anastasia Anders
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Catherina Rhea Black
Mysteries
x2
Default Joins in on the fun!
|| Laura's walking popcorn || Lermaniac || Tazzie's Sugar || Mrs. Henderson

Cassandra had been putting off buying a new cauldron for ages. Since arriving back to London - she had never really had any opportunity to use one. (Practicing muggle medicine didn't exactly give one a lot of potioneering opportunities.) But she was running low on Pepper Up potions, and she'd rather keep a healthy stock level at home.

Thus the need for a new cauldron apparently.

"Hello? I'd like to bu-" She called out as she entered, but stopped midway at the graffiti on the cauldrons hanging above them. What in merlin's name?

She quickly drew her wand, and looked around the store "Hello? Is anyone here?"
Old 12-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #34 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass

Actually, she had not thought to try and clean the pots. Her wand was directed at the surroundings instead of the defaced cauldrons. She could not shake off the feeling that the vandal must be lurking nearby, watching people's response to their graffiti, perhaps even waiting for the right moment to ... attack. Life at Hogwarts certainly taught her to be vigilant.

Thinking through a list of defence spells she could use to protect herself, Jina jumped in surprise when another witch entered the shop. She appeared to be similarly shocked to see the graffiti on the cauldrons. Another normal customer, then. The former Ravenclaw relaxed a little and approached the woman cautiously. "Hey, uh ... Do you think we should report this?"
Old 12-06-2020, 10:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane had popped over to Diagon Alley during her lunch break to pick up a new cauldron, which she needed to begin a series of experiments she was eager to try. Her first day at the Ministry had been full of unexpected turmoil, what with rock golems in the Hall of Prophecy and all. She was eager now to begin her own work in the Death Chamber, but she needed some special things first.

She walked briskly into the cauldron shop, where a couple of other witches were ahead of her. Were they going to buy anything? They seemed to just be standing around gawking. Then Jane saw what they were looking at--Merlin's mercy, she had not seen that symbol for a very long time, not since she had studied in Europe. She had not expected to see it here in London. It certainly did not bode well.

Jane stepped a little closer to the offending cauldrons to examine the graffiti more closely--now what had they used to make those letters...
Old 12-08-2020, 03:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

It wasn't every day that Dante found himself in the alley. Today, however, he had business to attend to in a darker part of the alley. Normally he would have apparated directly to his destination or made use of a functioning floo, but time was currently on his side. There was plenty of time for a leisurely stroll through the alley before he needed to be at his destination. Not doing so certainly would've been a waste of the nice weather they were having lately.

Making his way down the alley, the tall man peered his head through shop windows. Having spent most of his life in France, there were many shops in the area he hadn't been inside of. Quite frankly, he didn't really have a desire or need to go in most of them anyway. His eyes didn't linger on any shop in particular very long until they fell upon the cauldron shop.

It was the paint splattered across the display cauldrons that caught his attention. The symbol and message was something not foreign to him, though he was unaware of how it wound up at the cauldron shop of all places. Very intriguing it was, yes. In the end, however, Dante shrugged it off and carried on with his stroll down the alley. This wasn't any of his concern.

Old 12-08-2020, 06:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Anastasia Anders
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Catherina Rhea Black
Mysteries
x2
Default Jina, Jane, and a little bit of Dante too!

Cassandra turned at the sound of someone approaching, wand up and alert - but found only a young woman (Jina)looking just as surprised as se was. The woman set her wand down, but kept it close to her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you - are you alright?"

She then looked up at the direction of the graffiti and grimaced - "I suppose so." She said in agreement "Who do we report it to though? How do we report it?" She had only been back in London for 2 weeks - and back into the wizarding world for less - and she was pretty sure there weren't any roving aurors around Diagon Alley. Besides, she was a doctor, not an Auror. She would rather leave the sleuthing to someone else.

Was this someone's idea of a sick joke?

But, before she could say anything else - another woman (Jane)entered the shop, looking particularly interested on the sign on the cauldrons. "Rather...garish, isn't it?"

From the corner of her eye, she noticed a man (Dante) walk past the large windows - slowing down and peering more closely at the offending display of vandalism. She had half expected him to come in - but instead, he simply walked past.

Nothing too suspicious there she supposed.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:12 PM   #38 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamaet View Post
"Rather...garish, isn't it?"
Jane looked up at the woman who'd spoken to her. "It's worse than garish, I should think. And it's not ordinary paint, either, though I can't tell from looking exactly what it is." She straightened up and looked at both women who had been there before she arrived. "Did either of you see who did this, or see anyone here before you arrived?"
Old 12-09-2020, 05:20 AM   #39 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass

"Oh, I'm alright," she replied with a small smile. However, she could not answer the woman's next questions. Who do they report vandalism to? Hit Wizards? Do they send an owl to the Ministry, or visit in person? Anyway, she was still not convinced if this was even worth reporting. She glanced nervously at the graffiti once more as she thought, and saw that a few other people had noticed the display too. A witch had walked into the shop and was observing the cauldrons closely, while a wizard simply strolled past the shop. Jina turned her attention to the woman who just entered when she spoke to them.

"No, I didn't see anyone. Are you from the Ministry ...?" Because the lady seemed very professional.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #40 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

"Yes, I'm in the...Department of Research and Records. I'm going to report this incident to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, but I wanted to gather a little information first. So, this was here when you arrived and you don't know how it got here, right? And that was how long ago?" By now Jane had pulled out her little notebook and begun jotting notes down with her portable quill.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Anastasia Anders
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Catherina Rhea Black
Mysteries
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
"Oh, I'm alright," she replied with a small smile. However, she could not answer the woman's next questions. Who do they report vandalism to? Hit Wizards? Do they send an owl to the Ministry, or visit in person? Anyway, she was still not convinced if this was even worth reporting. She glanced nervously at the graffiti once more as she thought, and saw that a few other people had noticed the display too. A witch had walked into the shop and was observing the cauldrons closely, while a wizard simply strolled past the shop. Jina turned her attention to the woman who just entered when she spoke to them.

"No, I didn't see anyone. Are you from the Ministry ...?" Because the lady seemed very professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
"Yes, I'm in the...Department of Research and Records. I'm going to report this incident to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, but I wanted to gather a little information first. So, this was here when you arrived and you don't know how it got here, right? And that was how long ago?" By now Jane had pulled out her little notebook and begun jotting notes down with her portable quill.
Serena gave a weary sigh - honestly, this was not how she wanted to spend her day off. Hospital drama was tiring enough, she didn't need some prank by some punk. But, she wasn't exactly comfortable leaving now - especially if there was a risk that this could blow up to be legitimately dangerous.

The former Slytherin glanced at the woman who apparently worked in the Ministry and asked "How soon would anyone from the DMLE get there though?" As far as she remembered from the Ministry, it was filled with endless bureaucratic paperwork "How does one even report a crime here?"

Although, she supposed there was no urgency to the matter - after all, it could just very well be a cruel prank. But...something in her gut was saying that that was definitely not the case.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:38 AM   #42 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamaet View Post

The former Slytherin glanced at the woman who apparently worked in the Ministry and asked "How soon would anyone from the DMLE get there though?" As far as she remembered from the Ministry, it was filled with endless bureaucratic paperwork "How does one even report a crime here?"
That was actually a good question. Jane was new to the Ministry and didn't work in the Magical Law Enforcement Dept. She was assuming a confidence that she was not sure she entirely felt, but she did believe that, since she was the only Ministry employee here right now, that it was her duty to try to attempt to handle the situation.

"I believe I should send my Patronus to the Aurors in case they want to check it out. And I will take a few notes and take them to the MLE when I return to the Ministry this afternoon. It's up to them whether they think it warrants investigation, but at least we will have done what we could. And, if you don't mind, I would like to include your names so they can contact you if necessary."
Old 12-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #43 (permalink)

MO & DMT
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jocelyn Bryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jina Morin
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
Default ... sorry xD

Department of Research and Records? She had never heard of that one. Jina frowned in concentration as she answered the Ministry worker's question and added her own theory. "I first noticed it when I was walking past five minutes ago. I don't know how or when it got here, but I guess it must have happened overnight, otherwise the shopkeeper would have tried to scrub it off, or at least cover it up before closing the shop yesterday."

Suddenly, she was reminded of an incident almost two years ago ... a suspicious stranger with a quill and notebook, asking about strange occurrences, and for her name. Said stranger turned out to be closely related to Hogwarts's timeline getting messed up. She could not trust this woman either. In fact, she had noticed the slight pause before she stated her position in the Ministry, which means that she could have been lying. And she thought Aurors do not handle local crimes like this, so the suggestion of sending a Patronus to them seemed unlikely. If she gave her name to this stranger, she could be framed for this crime, be accused of dark magic and sent to Azkaban! She had to leave this situation immediately. The graffiti, though intriguing, was none of her business anyway. "I would like to stay anonymous, please. If you don't mind, I'd better get going. Have a good day." With a polite nod that effectively concealed her wild (paranoid) imagination, she turned around and left the shop.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:57 PM   #44 (permalink)

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
"I would like to stay anonymous, please. If you don't mind, I'd better get going. Have a good day." With a polite nod that effectively concealed her wild (paranoid) imagination, she turned around and left the shop.
Jane lifted an eyebrow at the young witch's abrupt departure, then shrugged slightly and made a few notes in her notebook. Could be suspicious, could just be someone who didn't want to get involved. Quite frankly, if it was the latter, Jane could emphathize--she didn't really want to be involved either, but now that she worked for the Ministry, she felt she had a responsibility.

She looked up at the other woman in what she hoped was a non-threatening manner. "Did you have anything to add? You don't have to give me any information if you don't want to, I'm not a MLE official." Jane hoped this one wouldn't bolt as well, but whatever happened, she was just going to get what information she could and pass it on to someone at the Ministry whose business it was to deal with such things.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:21 AM   #45 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
Default for Ash ^_^
A Poop * k8 *

Scottie was replacing most of his wizarding equipment at home in addition to the new security mirrors and measures he had taken. He strode into the cauldron shop with a purpose, with determination! Scottie Ferguson was a man on a mission these days.

Also, he was wearing his cat on his chest.

Like, literally.

Running errands alone had become common practice for Scottie since A. Logan worked the night shift and B. He and his brother could barely get through a day without arguing verbally, and it seemed worse when they went on outings together. So...his orange kneazle kitten was strapped to his chest in the most manliest of kitten carrying backpacks. Hope whoever...owned the shop didn't mind????

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 02-18-2021, 11:54 PM   #46 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Scottie was replacing most of his wizarding equipment at home in addition to the new security mirrors and measures he had taken. He strode into the cauldron shop with a purpose, with determination! Scottie Ferguson was a man on a mission these days.

Also, he was wearing his cat on his chest.

Like, literally.

Running errands alone had become common practice for Scottie since A. Logan worked the night shift and B. He and his brother could barely get through a day without arguing verbally, and it seemed worse when they went on outings together. So...his orange kneazle kitten was strapped to his chest in the most manliest of kitten carrying backpacks. Hope whoever...owned the shop didn't mind????
Emilia wasn't shopping, but she often found herself wandering the alley after work, just keeping an eye out for trouble. She'd been restless as of late, an uneasy feeling having settled right in the pit of her stomach, and sitting around at home never seemed to help. Staying busy, on the other hand, worked wonders.

Slipping into the cauldron shop, the brunette wandered the aisles, smiling a bit when she spotted a familiar face. "I didn't know you were a kneazle dad." That cat carrier was extremely adorable, did he know? And that kitten! Em's face softened considerably as she wiggled her fingers at the baby. "What's its name?"
Old 02-21-2021, 10:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Right right right. He wandered toward the collapsible cauldrons for their ease of transport. He needed to be able to brew things on the go. Why? He thought he'd be prepared. Scottie also thought he should probably invest in a new brass one, too. His old one was getting kind of gross and....gross. Nasty.

Nando was content for now, looking curiously around at everything. His ears twitched every so often, but other than that, he was a good behave BOI so far.

The voice cut through the silence, and Scottie turned toward it. Sounded familiar, but the face even more so. His coworker! Emilia! "Hello, Emilia!" he smiled gently at her. "I am a NEW kneazle dad. His name is Nando." Hehe, did she geddit? Maybe not. "Nando, say hi," he lifted the kneazle's witttttttle paw in a wave motion at Emilia. The kneazle's ears twitched as he leaned his head forward to sniff at Emilia curiously. "I'm surprised he's not DYING to run around here. I did bring a leash."

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin