sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1162 users online including...
Antoniochx , MikefUs , Svetlbul

4 members
1158 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 50: September - December 2018

Term 50: September - December 2018 Term Fifty: Austere Academy (Sept 2096 - June 2097)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2017, 09:35 PM

Default The Forbidden Forest

Banner credit: Suziella

At the edges of the grounds of Hogwarts borders the Forbidden Forest, also known as the Dark Forest. The forest holds many secrets and in its depths, hidden in the shadows dwells creatures who are not only of a friendly nature. All the rumors you have heard of the forest are probably more correct than not and you would do good to keep at a safe distance from this ominous place. And please, keep your voice down.

As the name implies; it is strictly off limits for students (yes, that means you too Gryffindors). Get too close and the Groundskeeper will shoo you away to safety. No student is to enter the Forest without accompanied by a professor.

You wouldn’t dare to enter the Forest after these warnings… Would you?
Old 09-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default lauren / faith by the way
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Zoryn looked out towards the forrest from her favorite spot in all of Hogwarts. She wasn't nearly close enough to the forrest to actually see anything inside of it. In fact, from the hill she sat on she couldn't see much beyond a mess of trees and dark spots in between. There wasn't much that made this spot appealing, but it was all hers (minus Faith and Derf who both knew she liked to sit there occasionally).

It was where she went to think. And boy, did she have a lot to think about.

Ever since she and Faith had gotten into that fight, things hadn't been quite the same. They were still ride or dies. But something else was off.

And it was driving Zoryn up the wall. Behind closed doors, obviously. Because this would be the year when Zoryn didn't care about anything or anyone. She was the improved Zoryn Spinnet. Things were better for her this year. No strings attached to ANYTHING. except this one thing that she couldn't stop thinking about, hence being at her thinking spot BUT STILL.

Zoryn sighed as she brought her knees up to her chest and rested her head in the little dip between them. Why was being a teenager so hard?

You are Lemon!

Last edited by ArianaBlack; 09-11-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

This term was not shaping up to be her favourite of all the terms they'd had, and they'd had a few honest-to-goodness awful terms so far. Between NEWTs being nastily exhausting despite only taking four subjects and trying to take some time to visit the creatures around the grounds, and it was getting really lonely. She had hardly any classes with Zoryn anymore, or rather, it felt like it, and she just wanted everything to slow down so she could breathe.

Faith was just taking a walk, considering calling out to the thestrals to say hi when she saw the figure on the little hill by the forest. There was only one person she knew who came up here -- except maybe Derf, but even him not so much -- and her entire disposition brightened up.

She ran over, plopping down beside Zoryn and bumped their shoulders together lightly. "What's up, buttercup?" She'd picked up the phrase over the summer, given how much the new Welsh U17 seeker, Nia Beynon, had taken to using it. It might be a few months before it dropped out of her vocabulary, if it did at all.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

And speaking of Faith or maybe just thinking about Faith, same thing really.

The Gryffindor immediately popped her head up in surprise and turned to greet the blonde with an easy smile. Even if she wasn't exactly feelin' it right at the moment. "Just thinkin'," she replied. Zoryn liked this buttercup thing most of the time, but only when it was used on herself. For some reason, it really got on her nerves when Faith asked other people how they were doing "BUTTERCUP". Like. Unecessarily annoyed. For no logical reason. But it still got on her nerves and that's what mattered.

"Not to be dramatic but," actually, she always meant to be dramatic. Zoryn poked Faith Chosen in the side, trying to make sure that her strange mood went unnoticed."I haven't seen you in THIRTEEN YEARS." It was a slight stretch. "I don't even know what's going on in your life anymore," this was also a lie. "AND you still never told me how your date went with Marisol." Because she needed to know. And it had been bothering her for A WHOLE YEAR. Sooooo she thought she'd slip it in there. Especially because this was one of those things she may or may not have been thinking about just moments ago.

You are Lemon!
Old 09-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Faith laughed, resting her head on Zoryn's shoulder as she always did at that statement. "It's been, like, an hour. Tops. We just had Creatures together." But yes, she could relate. It definitely felt like thirteen years. Thirteen centuries. Any time away from her best friend was too much time. "What're you thinking about, though?" Because she wanted a distraction from her own thoughts and clearly this was the best and easiest solution. Also she just liked listening to Zoryn talk, it made everything okay. Or, at least, it made everything feel okay and that was as close as they were probably going to get with the new headmaster around.

She nuzzled further into Zoryn, sighing deeply before nodding. "Taking classes without each other was a mistake. And I know we only have two classes together but I think I'm not going to take Divination anymore." She was really sorry, could Z tell? Her voice was quivering and it just was not a good day for her today. The lesson with the salt fire was bad enough, but today was just somehow worse.

Oh, wait, what? "The date last term? The Hogsmeade one?" The blonde blinked, and then heaved another sigh. She'd probably never sighed so much until today, considering she took pride in being a happy person, but there was just nothing to be really happy about lately. "It was a good date. We went to Madam Puddifoot's and I took a lot of photos and we kissed a couple times, I really really liked her." If only it had ended better. If only Faith hadn't wanted to go to prom so badly. "It's been so long, though, I haven't thought about it in ages."

Lie. Faith thought about it more often than she'd ever admit to. She thought about it every time she felt like she wasn't enough, that nobody could really love her. She thought about it every time she missed having someone to hold her hand and tell her she's pretty. She thought about that rejection all the time, because it wasn't even a real rejection. Marisol had just never answered, she'd never come to talk to Faith despite the whole detention that had happened because of the promposal. It was honestly soul-crushing.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

"You know lessons don't count," she said bopping her shoulder up ever-so-gently. Just to make her point. Dramatic, yes. But seriously. Especially with all these new rules. Not that they were following the one about lights out and quiet hour. LOL whoever thought that Faith and Zoryn would actually stop talking at 10 PM just HA, as if. No force on earth had the power to do that. That rule was an easy one to break. What wasn't so easy, however, was the answer to Faith's question. Uh. What had she been thinking about? Not stuff she wanted to talk about (shocking, I KNOW).

"Y'know... stuff," was her genius way of waving it off. Well done, Zoryn Spinnet.

And just like that her face fell. Faith was dropping divinations? It's not like Zor didn't understand why exactly... That class was a living nightmare this year. But, how was she meant to get through it without Faith by her side? "But I NEED you!" Selfishly, she hoped she could be convincing enough a reason for Faith to stick out out. But internally she knew that even if her friend dropped, Zoryn would give her the notes (not her own notes because LOL Zoryn didn't take those but she would make an extra copy of her copy of DERF'S notes) so that when Fletcher was fired--which he would be by the end of the term)--Faith could pick up where she left off for their final year.

Yes the date last term.

Zoryn NEEDED to know. It had been bothering her. For a VERY long time.

'I really, really liked her'

.... "Oh," Zoryn could've have tried a liiiiittle bit harder to sound more enthusiastic. HAHAHAHA when had she started balling her hands up into a fist? Was that when Faith mentioned how many times she and Marisol had kissed? HAHAHAH jokes.

"Kissing is nice." And Faith had really soft lips which made it even nicer. But for some really, REALLY strange reason, the thought of Marisol putting her SLIMY, STUPID LIPS on Faith's nice, soft lips was really, REALLY ANNOYING.

Do you ever just hate someone FOR NO REASON?

Because that's how Zoryn felt about Mari-stupid-sol. No offense.

And you know what else was annoying? "But you never want to practicing kissing with me anymore." That.

You are Lemon!

Last edited by ArianaBlack; 09-15-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6

Faith bopped her back, the thoughtless ease of it almost making it feel like the previous years, when they had nothing to worry about. She missed those years, when the worst of her troubles was -- wait. The worst of her troubles were her friends being abducted, her being possessed, almost getting killed by inferi. Nope. There were never any easy years. But they never started being this awful this early, though. Normally they had a good few months before everything went to heck.

"Lessons have to count, we don't really do much outside of lessons because of the new rules."
Not that they followed every single rule, but there were limits to how many rounds she'd run and how many pushups she'd do without complaining. "What stuff? We're best friends, I'm supposed to know all your stuff." Nosy Faith was nosy. One did not just say stuff to their best friend, okay. Nuh huh.

Faith had to try not to flinch when Zoryn whined, and loudly, because she really knew this would happen. She knew Zoryn would need her and she knew they barely had time together as it was, and even Quidditch wouldn't count because she was a keeper and stuck on one side of the pitch ALL THE TIME. Like, she loved it, but it was awfully lonely. "I know, I just -- it's really hard now. To want to be there."

She turned, burying her face in the shorter girl's shoulder as she sighed. "You asked." It wasn't like Faith was all over herself, trying to volunteer information about Marisol. She never asked about all the people Zoryn kissed -- and she knew there were a lot, she just didn't really want to know who, because it HURT and she didn't LIKE it and obviously if Faith didn't want to know who Zoryn was snogging, Zoryn wouldn't want to know either. But Faith was wrong and Zoryn did want to know. A DISASTER.

"Kissing is nice,"
she nodded, and then frowned at the last bit. "Because I don't like being just practice for you. Like, maybe you won't get it, because you're straight and you like snogging boys, but I don't think kissing girls is practice. I think it's the real deal. And I think now if I kiss anyone, it's not going to be for practice anymore." She paused for a moment, trying to figure out if she'd forgotten something. "And it breaks like fifty school rules now."

Not that rules mattered. She just didn't like it when people said she was good for practice. She was a good kisser.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Zoryn liked thoughtless. Thoughtless was easy. Thoughtless was her favorite kind of less. The only time Zoryn was ever less because typically she was just straight up 'extra'.

"Fine. Lessons count," she resigned. "But only because of the new rules." All the other years they didn't count. So Zoryn was still right. That's what mattered most when there was a disagreement, right? "Do I know all your stuff?" Because it hadn't felt like it lately. She questioned Faith with raised brows and a deep curiosity. It was a very important question. Because for the most part, Faith did know all Zoryn's stuff. The only stuff Faith didn't know was the stuff that even Zoryn, herself, hadn't figured out how to come face-to-face with. Otherwise the girl was an entirely open book... Perhaps too open.

Most of the time.

"You said lessons count," she reminded her with an ultimately disappointed tone. If lessons counted and they hardly had any time to begin with, then by taking away a lesson THERE WOULD BE NO TIME AT ALL???? But again. She got it. She really, really did. Only of course she had to put up a fight because that's what Zoryns did. "You really won't stay?" she tried again. "Even if I promise to be real quiet and stay out of trouble?" During the lesson, she should have clarified.

The Gryffindor was trying with ALL her might not to look annoyed. Because trust me, she was very annoyed. Again, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Marisol just had an annoying face, okay? And the thought of her annoying face being latched onto Faith's not-annoying face was just SO ANNOYING. The most annoying thing that Zoryn could have ever imagined.

And yes, Zoryn did want to know who Faith kissed. She wanted to know all the details. The where. The when. The how many times. Everything down to the most annoying, stupid details. Honestly, it wasn't even that she wanted to know. She just NEEDED to. That was a normal thing for best friends to need. She wasn't asking for anything ridiculous.

This was just normal, everyday BEST FRIEND STUFF OKAY?

God she hated that girl. Marisol. what a stupid name. It sounded like what Justine Janiver would probably call the bottom of her shoe. The girl was just a shoe bottom. Why would Faith want to kiss that? But yes, Zoryn Spinnet did ask. She probably shouldn't have. But she did. And now it was too late to unimagine it. The Gryffindor didn't say anything for a while. Until words started tumbling out of her mouth at an uncontrollable pace, "she's not good enough for you."

Because obviously this whole thing was simply due to the fact that Faith was out of Marisol's league and as her BEST FRIEND AND NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS Zoryn Spinnet wanted the best for Faith.

And then everything just stopped. Her mouth. Her brain. Her heart. It all just stopped. Because for once in her life, Zoryn Spinnet had no comeback. Because she didn't just like snogging boys. Sometimes she liked snogging girls more than boys. And she did think kissing was the real deal. And she didn't want Faith to think she was just practice. And she certainly did not care about what any rule said or did not say. But she definitely couldn't say any of that stuff out loud minus the rule thing but that one was a pretty obvious statement) And even if she had tried, the words probably would have gotten caught in her throat before they even broke air. AND her brain wasn't even working right in the first place so the sentence probably wouldn't have made any sense.

So she just did what any best friend would do in that moment, leaned in and planted one on Faith's lips right then and there.

Just normal, best friend stuff.

You are Lemon!
Old 10-20-2018, 03:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6

Faith sighed, it seemed to be something she did a lot this term, but there seemed little not to sigh about. Lessons were only the top of her list, and then the ban on PDA and everything else just made everything generally BAD and feeling like it wasn't worth it.

"I hate the new rules," she said, words muffled as she turned to rest her forehead on Zoryn's shoulder, and then turned it again to face the forest. "I really really hate them."

The question from Zoryn drew a blank in her mind, and suddenly Faith Chosen, five-foot-seven-inches-and-then-some, was feeling very much small. Did Zoryn know all her stuff? Faith didn't really go to lengths to hide anything but there were things they just didn't talk about anymore. Like girls Faith liked, or her friendship with Sylvie, but they were still friends, right? Because Zoryn knew these things even if Faith didn't say them?

"Yes," she said, ultimately, although somewhat lacking in conviction. There was no stuff to know, so Zoryn had to know all the stuff by default.

Her lower lip quivered and suddenly she wanted to be anywhere but out here, maybe to be with the thestrals or to be in the dorms huddled under a blanket where nobody would come bother her until dinner because she just could not handle the disappointment in her best friend's tone. She cracked a small smile at the promise despite herself, because Zoryn couldn't stay out of trouble if she tried. Neither of them could, because if Z was getting herself into trouble, Faith would try to fix it and inevitably fail, or somehow make it worse and land them both in more trouble.

"I haven't decided yet," she said, stretching her legs out and wiggling her toes in her boots just to move something. Sitting still like this was hard sometimes. "But if we stay out of trouble, he probably would be less of a poop."

At Zoryn saying Marisol wasn't good enough for her, something seemed to break inside Faith. Maybe it was her heart. She just remembered the incident in the kitchens the other day, how Faith had snapped, how Marisol had looked so hurt and said that Faith hadn't cared enough to really know her. How awful Faith had felt for days because Marisol was absolutely, one hundred percent right. Because she never yelled, not even at home, and suddenly it was like fifteen years of never really getting angry happened at once and it was so bad and --

"Don't say that," she blurted out. "I'm not good enough for her."

Marisol was just too far out of her league and there was nothing she could do about it now because now Marisol would never even look at her again because she'd been so mean that day.

And then Faith didn't even have time to move her head from Zoryn's shoulder when IT HAPPENED. Zoryn was kissing her and it was burning and Faith jumped away so hard and so suddenly and so surprised that she almost rolled down the hill.

"I just said I don't like this," she whispered, betrayal flashing in her eyes. "How could you?"

How could Zoryn be so cruel?
Old 10-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Zoryn hated the new rules too, she really did. Her exuberant amount of lost points attested to that, but when Faith moved her head, her mere proximity made Zoryn feel warm on the inside. The new rules sucked, but at least they had each other, you know? Best friends, through thick and thin. And Merlin knows, they’ve really been through it all.

After an extensive silence, Zoryn voiced her agreement, “me too.” The other thoughts, they went unspoken. But they existed all the same, perhaps they carried even more weight than the ones shared out loud.

But then again, a lot of things were starting to feel real heavy recently. Zoryn could almost feel her bones crumbling beneath it all. A feeling which felt all too familiar as Faith shared her answer to Zoryn’s question. Because while the blonde answered in affirmative, Zor could sense something else in her voice. Something she hadn’t shared. But maybe something she didn’t have to.

Because Zoryn knew there were things they never talked about anymore. But even secrets were included as one of those ‘taboo subjects’ now. Best friends didn’t keep secrets. Ride or Dies shared everything…. right?

And then Zoryn sighed too because she was tired. She was tired and broken and no one was allowed to know. But the very last thing she needed was to face Calvin Fletcher without her best friend. “At least think about it some more, okay?” Because, she meant it. Maybe she wouldn’t be good at staying out of trouble. But for Faith, she’d be willing to give it a shot. Didn’t that say it all?

But then again, Faith had always been better with words. Zoryn had the tendency to cut to the chase too quickly. She’d rather rip the bandaid than give a situation it’s due time. Impatient and short-fused and terrible at expressing her feelings properly. “That’s not true,” she protested, wishing she had Faith’s ability to explain why.

But then again, she’d rather do than explain.

Only when she tried that, it didn’t exactly work. Faith’s sudden movement caught the smaller Gryffindor off guard. To the point where Zoryn almost froze on the spot, a deer-in-headlights. She was never thrown off guard. She always had control of the room. Everyone else was playing her game, not vice versa. Except this time, she knew she wasn’t calling the shots. She was just as lost as everyone else.

Shoot.

The emotion that crossed Faith’s eyes sent a shiver of guilt down Zoryn’s spine. “I—“

The former Quidditch captain felt about one hundred emotions all at once. She turned her face away from her friend, breaking eye contact and immediately standing up and taking a few steps away. She needed to think. She felt screwed. Cornered. She had two choices. One would destroy Faith and the other might destroy her own pride. And Gryffindors? They love their pride. But, at what cost?

With her gaze set on the Forbidden Forrest ahead, the Gryffindor started again, “Don’t you get it?” Her volume juxtaposed Faith’s whisper. The question sounded angry. Because she was angry. Just not at Faith.

Zoryn Spinnet was angry at Marisol for kissing her. She was angry at herself for letting it happen. She was angry at how good it felt to kiss Faith and at how little she wanted to admit it out loud. She was angry at Derf for being right. She was angry at herself for being wrong. She was angry at the world for making her feel so many things all at once when she had been perfectly content suppressing everything and pretending like her emotions did not exist.

She was angry at just about everyone. Well, just about. Because she actually wasn't angry at Faith Chosen.

“You’re wrong,” her voice now defeated and low, “you’ve never been just practice.”

.... Dramatic, much?

You are Lemon!