sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1126 users online including...
Stevendalo , astrocat , gotovim_quMn , natethegreat , workwethozy , Kevinmit , HoustonCoets , Evawxa , Evadng , Anthonylx

13 members
1113 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 52: May - August 2019

Term 52: May - August 2019 Term Fifty-Two: It Comes (Sept 2098 - June 2099)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2019, 03:00 AM

Default Quidditch Pitch

If you follow a winding path from the Training Grounds, eventually you will arrive at the Quidditch pitch. The oval structure itself is a rather remarkable sight to see as it stands at five hundred feet long and a hundred and eighty feed wide. Because of the popularity of the sport, the pitch is used quite regularly. Here tryouts are held, in addition to scheduled team practices and a number of inter-House matches throughout the term. When the pitch isn't booked, it is available for general use from anyone who wants to casually fly around or play various broom games.

The maintenance on the pitch is of utmost importance. The three silver goalposts at each end of the pitch are regularly polished so they shine brightly in the sunlight, and the white markings outlining the exterior of the pitch as well as the middle are regularly painted. During the fall, spring, and summer months, a lawn mower has been charmed to cut the grass of the pitch mid-morning every three days just after the dew has dried. When it is winter, the mower is set aside and a magical snow blower is used to clear up as much of the pitch as possible. To keep the pitch in prime condition, all are asked to do their part as well by not littering or vandalizing it in any way; otherwise there will be consequences to face.

Anyone who wishes to use the Quidditch pitch is allowed do so, but it is excepted that all rules regarding it are adhered to at all times and the curfew listed is followed. These rules can be found posted on the noticeboard at the entrance of the pitch.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Did Maeve fly? Absolutely not. But did the sixteen year old enjoy scoping out the FINE specimens of quidditch players regardless of the fact that she did have a boyfriend? Yes. But can you blame the blonde? Her attention was like two seconds and there was way too much attractiveness on the pitch even if she had zero idea what was happening (sorry Anna, we failed)

Like take for instance her boyfriend's dormmate and new wearer of Anna's old badge. Tomás García.... siiiiighhh. And like the new flying professor?? He might have been ... old, but honestly he was ... something and did he have a fan club? Cause this lioness wanted to start one. Stat.

Sooo here Maeve was, sans broomstick, just leaning casually at the perimeter hoping to catch a glimpse of either a certain captain (or two) or Colin Mackenzie. Gosh even his name sounded brilliant.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake
Old 05-05-2019, 04:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Did Maeve fly? Absolutely not. But did the sixteen year old enjoy scoping out the FINE specimens of quidditch players regardless of the fact that she did have a boyfriend? Yes. But can you blame the blonde? Her attention was like two seconds and there was way too much attractiveness on the pitch even if she had zero idea what was happening (sorry Anna, we failed)

Like take for instance her boyfriend's dormmate and new wearer of Anna's old badge. Tomás García.... siiiiighhh. And like the new flying professor?? He might have been ... old, but honestly he was ... something and did he have a fan club? Cause this lioness wanted to start one. Stat.

Sooo here Maeve was, sans broomstick, just leaning casually at the perimeter hoping to catch a glimpse of either a certain captain (or two) or Colin Mackenzie. Gosh even his name sounded brilliant.
Nettie hadn't anticipated heading down to do some flying today but...she had nothing else to do, honestly. She was BOOOOORED. It was that weird part of the term where school had technically started, but classes hadn't REALLY gotten underway so she didn't have a bunch of studying to do. She could have worked on her languages, but she'd done a ton of that the night before and her brain kind of felt like it was going to explode. So. Here she was!

Her Nimbus was hoisted over her shoulder, and she was wearing her workout gear since it was still relatively nice and she didn't need a hoodie or anything. This was her FAVORITE weather to play in. As she headed to the pitch, she noticed a girl just...standing there.

"Um, hi. Do you need help?" she asked as she approached. The girl was definitely familiar as an older student, but other than that...Nettie didn't know her. She didn't THINK she was on any team, though?

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 05-05-2019, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

Nettie hadn't anticipated heading down to do some flying today but...she had nothing else to do, honestly. She was BOOOOORED. It was that weird part of the term where school had technically started, but classes hadn't REALLY gotten underway so she didn't have a bunch of studying to do. She could have worked on her languages, but she'd done a ton of that the night before and her brain kind of felt like it was going to explode. So. Here she was!

Her Nimbus was hoisted over her shoulder, and she was wearing her workout gear since it was still relatively nice and she didn't need a hoodie or anything. This was her FAVORITE weather to play in. As she headed to the pitch, she noticed a girl just...standing there.

"Um, hi. Do you need help?" she asked as she approached. The girl was definitely familiar as an older student, but other than that...Nettie didn't know her. She didn't THINK she was on any team, though?

It wasn't long before Maeve had company and the sixteen year old wondered if maybe she ought to be up in the stands instead. It wasn't as if she was planning on flying; just standing and watching and well, she might be in the way or risk being smacked in the face. Evidently not on the team as she wearing her uniform skirt which she might have magicked to be just a bit shorter *ahem* hardly noticeable as it could definitely pass it off as her having grown taller

Help? Recognizing the girl as a quidditch player - the broom was kind of a dead giveaway - she shook her head. "I'm just ... watching." Oh speaking of fine specimens of the male species, was that Patrick Dooley up in the stands??! WAIT. Stands? Why wasn't he with a broom the way this girl was? Staring a moment, she looked back at the girl. "Why's he up there? Isn't he a quidditch player?" Also, should she go say hi; she hadn't seen him since before the world cup at Scribbulus and was curious how his exams went and well, the rest of his summer.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Old 05-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
It wasn't long before Maeve had company and the sixteen year old wondered if maybe she ought to be up in the stands instead. It wasn't as if she was planning on flying; just standing and watching and well, she might be in the way or risk being smacked in the face. Evidently not on the team as she wearing her uniform skirt which she might have magicked to be just a bit shorter *ahem* hardly noticeable as it could definitely pass it off as her having grown taller

Help? Recognizing the girl as a quidditch player - the broom was kind of a dead giveaway - she shook her head. "I'm just ... watching." Oh speaking of fine specimens of the male species, was that Patrick Dooley up in the stands??! WAIT. Stands? Why wasn't he with a broom the way this girl was? Staring a moment, she looked back at the girl. "Why's he up there? Isn't he a quidditch player?" Also, should she go say hi; she hadn't seen him since before the world cup at Scribbulus and was curious how his exams went and well, the rest of his summer.
Nettie raised an eyebrow at the girl. Watching...what exactly? There really wasn't anything going on right now. The pitch looked pretty empty - and Nettie couldn't help but notice how short the girl's skirt was. She had a pretty good feeling that Quidditch was the LAST thing on her mind.

Wait, who? What? Confused as the girl changed the subject, she looked up in the stands and noticed the former Slytherin captain, just like she'd pointed out. She looked back at the girl and shrugged with a chuckle.

"I dunno. What are YOU doing here watching an empty pitch? Maybe he's doing the same," she teased with a grin. "But I'm just here to practice a bit. Get myself loose for tryouts, you know?" she said. In fact, she was surprised MORE people weren't out doing the same.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Old 05-20-2019, 02:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

Nettie raised an eyebrow at the girl. Watching...what exactly? There really wasn't anything going on right now. The pitch looked pretty empty - and Nettie couldn't help but notice how short the girl's skirt was. She had a pretty good feeling that Quidditch was the LAST thing on her mind.

Wait, who? What? Confused as the girl changed the subject, she looked up in the stands and noticed the former Slytherin captain, just like she'd pointed out. She looked back at the girl and shrugged with a chuckle.

"I dunno. What are YOU doing here watching an empty pitch? Maybe he's doing the same," she teased with a grin. "But I'm just here to practice a bit. Get myself loose for tryouts, you know?" she said. In fact, she was surprised MORE people weren't out doing the same.
Maeve was pretty much an open book and lacked subtlety, which is why she couldn't exactly deny WHO or what she was watching for. One of her faults, sadly.

Which is why at that question, she couldn't really argue the point of what she was doing watching an empty pitch. Cheeks flushing slightly, she bit her lower lip. "Well, I was maybe hoping to catch a word with Tomás. Wish him some luck at tryouts." He was the new Gryffindor Captain after all. And quite a fine specimen too, but that was a bonus. Besides, she had a boyfriend it wasn't a crime to look at the other options, was it? "Right, uh, well, good luck. I'll let you go then." Mmhm. And with that, she turned to head up to the stands for a better view.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Early mornings were pretty isolated on the quidditch pitch, he kind of liked that about the school, got up early enough you didn't have to see people. Taking a deep breath of the cold air he pulled the hood of his sweat shirt up over his head. He needed to work on his ankle mobility, months in a cast and a few herbal or magical potions to promote healing and he was almost as good as new.

Walking a few yards out and then moving back in toward the edge of the pitch he began stretching. He'd had to stretch more often than he used to but he did it anyways. After pulling his legs up and down a few times he set off along the edge of the pitch and started at an extremely light jog. He would have to build up to the hard miles he had been doing prior to his accident.