sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1386 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Evaxic , Svetlufy , Michailcgn , Svetlpuj , astrocat , Stevendalo

9 members
1377 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

Default North Side of the Street

Diagon Alley runs along a crooked, narrow street. Along the North Side, of course, are the shopfronts. Large glass windows display hot items, special objects, advertise for sales, and encourage people to come in. The path is incredibly tight and overhangs of buildings on either side threaten to touch the building across from it. People walk packed together, as they try to maneuver around groups of people, vending carts, and holes in the cobble road. Be careful of doors opening so that you don’t walk into them by accident.

Outside the Leaky Cauldron entrance is a large, outlandish fountain which threatens to take up the walk. Once one gets around the fountain, the path tightens and the surge of people begins. Bump, jostle, and nudge people as you move around – it's okay, really. Balconies and overhangs create a bright array of color as one meanders down the street. The noise level is cluttered – yelling comes from the hawkers, from the food vendors, from people calling to one and other. Much like a festival, the atmosphere is nearly tangible; electric and festive. Don’t forget to close your eyes and breathe in. Popcorn, kebabs, soup, bread; so many food smells fill the air with a pungent scent.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Evony was walking down the street, one hand in her pocket, and the other skimming over her calendar for the next few days. It was spring time, which meant she was going to start being busy again.

Soon, it would be summer and she was already ready for a little break and a week with nothing on her mind but the beach.

She smiled to herself and continued walking, eyes still on the paper in her hand.

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
Old 11-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Evony was walking down the street, one hand in her pocket, and the other skimming over her calendar for the next few days. It was spring time, which meant she was going to start being busy again.

Soon, it would be summer and she was already ready for a little break and a week with nothing on her mind but the beach.

She smiled to herself and continued walking, eyes still on the paper in her hand.
It seemed that, no matter how much time Leander spent away from it, Diagon Alley never changed: the cobbled street, the same shops, the same wares being displayed outside. It was so different from the places he'd been recently, and the constant brought a smile to his face - even if he was only in London for a short time, like today, he always made sure to come and visit.

And it seemed like it had been a particularly good idea today. Sure that he recognised the woman in front of him, Leander quickened his pace until he was walking alongside her. "Fancy seeing you here," he said with a wide grin, hoping that he hadn't startled Evony too much.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Old 11-12-2018, 02:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
It seemed that, no matter how much time Leander spent away from it, Diagon Alley never changed: the cobbled street, the same shops, the same wares being displayed outside. It was so different from the places he'd been recently, and the constant brought a smile to his face - even if he was only in London for a short time, like today, he always made sure to come and visit.

And it seemed like it had been a particularly good idea today. Sure that he recognised the woman in front of him, Leander quickened his pace until he was walking alongside her. "Fancy seeing you here," he said with a wide grin, hoping that he hadn't startled Evony too much.
Evony was a little startled when someone fell into step beside her and spoke. Luckily, she recovered quickly.

She glanced over and smiled slowly.

"Are you just following me at this point?" she asked, amused. They seemed to spot each other in only the randomest public places. Either that, or they had the same strange wandering urges at the same time.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Evony was a little startled when someone fell into step beside her and spoke. Luckily, she recovered quickly.

She glanced over and smiled slowly.

"Are you just following me at this point?" she asked, amused. They seemed to spot each other in only the randomest public places. Either that, or they had the same strange wandering urges at the same time.
Leander's grin intensified at Evony's smile, as he shoved his hands lazily into the pockets of his leather jacket. Although he'd have understood if her question was serious - after all, they had bumped into each other in the most coincidental places before - but he was rather glad that she seemed amused.

"You know, Evony, I just can't resist the view," he said with a hint of admittance in his voice. She was, of course, beautiful to look at, and he'd rather look at her than a picturesque location.

But he was joking. And underneath the grin he was worried she'd actually think he was stalking her.

Which he wasn't.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________

Old 11-24-2018, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

To say Layla’s life had dramatically changed since she attended Hogwarts was an understatement. She left school an unsociable grump with no ambition and no idea what she wanted to do with life. She lived in a shoebox in London with her cousin and took the odd coaching jobs here and there where she could get them. But here she was now, a PE teacher at her local secondary school working with kids who coached the girls football team at the weekend. And much to her surprise she loved her job.. she actually liked working with the children which was probably how her wife convinced her that they should have a child.

Layla didn’t think she was the best mum in the world but she loved her kid and that was all that mattered right? She had left the child with her sister-in-law who was quite frankly the most maternal person in the world to go visit the Wizarding world to hopefully meet up with her wife who has recently got a new job at the ministry. This place made her feel so uncomfortable still like she didn’t belong there. The blonde wondered through the streets with her usual frowny expression plastered on her face as she tried to decide where to go next.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
To say Layla’s life had dramatically changed since she attended Hogwarts was an understatement. She left school an unsociable grump with no ambition and no idea what she wanted to do with life. She lived in a shoebox in London with her cousin and took the odd coaching jobs here and there where she could get them. But here she was now, a PE teacher at her local secondary school working with kids who coached the girls football team at the weekend. And much to her surprise she loved her job.. she actually liked working with the children which was probably how her wife convinced her that they should have a child.

Layla didn’t think she was the best mum in the world but she loved her kid and that was all that mattered right? She had left the child with her sister-in-law who was quite frankly the most maternal person in the world to go visit the Wizarding world to hopefully meet up with her wife who has recently got a new job at the ministry. This place made her feel so uncomfortable still like she didn’t belong there. The blonde wondered through the streets with her usual frowny expression plastered on her face as she tried to decide where to go next.
Bambi wasn't oblivious to Layla's feelings, nor did she enjoy it when her wife felt uncomfortable, but she did absolutely LOVE when they met up during the day at Diagon Alley! Like they used to do before Ariadne, just the two of them. This was her second week on the job already, and despite being unbelievably busy already - the division was a complete mess, their organizational systems were extremely outdated and they obviously needed Bambi and her colour coding charms to set it all straight! - she had made it very clear to her bosses that her lunch break would never be skipped.

The twenty eight year old stepped out of Malkin's, having popped in for a quick peek at the new trends, and started down the street when - HEART EYES - she saw Layla. "Babe!" Bambi called out with a beam and a wave, and hurriedly made her way over, her work shoes clicking loudly on the cobblestones.

_____________I could still change the end
Old 11-25-2018, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Leander's grin intensified at Evony's smile, as he shoved his hands lazily into the pockets of his leather jacket. Although he'd have understood if her question was serious - after all, they had bumped into each other in the most coincidental places before - but he was rather glad that she seemed amused.

"You know, Evony, I just can't resist the view," he said with a hint of admittance in his voice. She was, of course, beautiful to look at, and he'd rather look at her than a picturesque location.

But he was joking. And underneath the grin he was worried she'd actually think he was stalking her.

Which he wasn't.
Evony's grin grew wider. She did enjoy his company and the way he spoke. It amused her. He was very... cute in a charming way. Even the way he walked, casually, with his hands in his pockets, was cute.

"Do you prefer the view from the front, the back, or the side?" she asked coyly. She just needed to know at what pace she should walk.

"So what really brings you here today?" Just out of curiosity.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

SPOILER!!: “bambi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

Bambi wasn't oblivious to Layla's feelings, nor did she enjoy it when her wife felt uncomforta ble, but she did absolutely LOVE when they met up during the day at Diagon Alley! Like they used to do before Ariadne, just the two of them. This was her second week on the job already, and despite being unbelievably busy already - the division was a complete mess, their organizational systems were extremely outdated and they obviously needed Bambi and her colour coding charms to set it all straight! - she had made it very clear to her bosses that her lunch break would never be skipped.

The twenty eight year old stepped out of Malkin's, having popped in for a quick peek at the new trends, and started down the street when - HEART EYES - she saw Layla. "Babe!" Bambi called out with a beam and a wave, and hurriedly made her way over, her work shoes clicking loudly on the cobblestones.

It didn’t take long for Layla to hear that familiar click of heels on the cobblestones. Her frown turned upwards slightly into somewhat of an amused smile. Here was Layla dressed in her sweatpants and a t-shirt, hair unbrushed and swept up into a ponytail and only a tiny bit of mascara on and there was her wife looking perfect. They were pretty mismatched except for the fact they were both blonde, tall and slender. “Don’t trip!” she laughed slightly. She could imagine that happening with those heels which was why Layla always wore her trainers.

“How is work? she asked genuinely interested. Working in the ministry sounded like Layla’s worst nightmare - sitting in an office, cooped up inside working alongside people who belonged to the Wizarding world way more than she ever felt she did. Even the sports department sounded like a world away from what she was used to. “Is it what you thought it would be?” Basically was she happy? She knew how much she valued her time with their kid, was it worth it to leave her for this?
Old 11-25-2018, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2

Text Cut: Layla <3
Quote:
It didn’t take long for Layla to hear that familiar click of heels on the cobblestones. Her frown turned upwards slightly into somewhat of an amused smile. Here was Layla dressed in her sweatpants and a t-shirt, hair unbrushed and swept up into a ponytail and only a tiny bit of mascara on and there was her wife looking perfect. They were pretty mismatched except for the fact they were both blonde, tall and slender. “Don’t trip!” she laughed slightly. She could imagine that happening with those heels which was why Layla always wore her trainers.

“How is work? she asked genuinely interested. Working in the ministry sounded like Layla’s worst nightmare - sitting in an office, cooped up inside working alongside people who belonged to the Wizarding world way more than she ever felt she did. Even the sports department sounded like a world away from what she was used to. “Is it what you thought it would be?” Basically was she happy? She knew how much she valued her time with their kid, was it worth it to leave her for this?

Bambi wouldn't say perfect, but yes, she did look mighty excellent today if she did say so herself. "I won't!" and she doesn't, but only just, because Diagon Alley is the worst runway in the world and whoever shaped and placed these stones clearly had no regard for shoes with a little heel. She should consider applying charms to them too, but her morning charms routine was very long as it is.

Something to consider.

"It's still prety exciting, the place is a mess, I've started redoing all their organizational system... Oh! And we had an early morning crisis when a muggle spotted a window at St. Mungo's hovering in midair! It was so intense!" Bambi said, practically shining as she gave her wife a quick and loving peck. "I'm not sure yet, but for now it's great. I was thinking of bring Ari to work next week? What do you think? Show her around... show her off," she chuckled, and linked her arm with Layla's. "You could come too, if you wanted."

Old 11-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

SPOILER!!: Bambi
Quote:

Bambi wouldn't say perfect, but yes, she did look mighty excellent today if she did say so herself. "I won't!" and she doesn't, but only just, because Diagon Alley is the worst runway in the world and whoever shaped and placed these stones clearly had no regard for shoes with a little heel. She should consider applying charms to them too, but her morning charms routine was very long as it is.

Something to consider.

"It's still prety exciting, the place is a mess, I've started redoing all their organizational system... Oh! And we had an early morning crisis when a muggle spotted a window at St. Mungo's hovering in midair! It was so intense!" Bambi said, practically shining as she gave her wife a quick and loving peck. "I'm not sure yet, but for now it's great. I was thinking of bring Ari to work next week? What do you think? Show her around... show her off," she chuckled, and linked her arm with Layla's. "You could come too, if you wanted."

To be fair Layla had never seen Bambi trip over. Not on the runway, not out in the street.. she worked those heels in a way Layla would never be able to. Put a pair of heels on the sporty girl and you could guarantee she would have them off in a matter of minutes. “I can’t promise I won’t laugh if you did” she teased.

See? Bambi was the complete opposite to Layla. It wasn’t that she was an absolute mess but organisation wasn’t top of her priority list. Layla was never late to work, their child was never late for daycare and she always made sure that she got everything that needed doing done eventually but she really didn’t care for all the planning prior. She was pretty laid back in that sense. “Is that why you married me? You wanted to get my life all organised too?” She WAS joking but there was some truth in it. Layla had no ambition or drive or much care really, that was why she wasn’t a Slytherin. “But it sounds like you are fittin’ right in.” Layla hadn’t completely lost her south London twang but it had mellowed as she had got older.

Her arm slid around her wife’s waist as she kissed her cheek, a rare smile gracing her lips. ”Are kids allowed to come with you then?” Layla certainly wouldn’t bring her to work with her. As for her going? “I don’t think I belong there..” In other words she wouldn’t want to belong there anyway.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2

Text Cut: Layla
Quote:
To be fair Layla had never seen Bambi trip over. Not on the runway, not out in the street.. she worked those heels in a way Layla would never be able to. Put a pair of heels on the sporty girl and you could guarantee she would have them off in a matter of minutes. “I can’t promise I won’t laugh if you did” she teased.

See? Bambi was the complete opposite to Layla. It wasn’t that she was an absolute mess but organisation wasn’t top of her priority list. Layla was never late to work, their child was never late for daycare and she always made sure that she got everything that needed doing done eventually but she really didn’t care for all the planning prior. She was pretty laid back in that sense. “Is that why you married me? You wanted to get my life all organised too?” She WAS joking but there was some truth in it. Layla had no ambition or drive or much care really, that was why she wasn’t a Slytherin. “But it sounds like you are fittin’ right in.” Layla hadn’t completely lost her south London twang but it had mellowed as she had got older.

Her arm slid around her wife’s waist as she kissed her cheek, a rare smile gracing her lips. ”Are kids allowed to come with you then?” Layla certainly wouldn’t bring her to work with her. As for her going? “I don’t think I belong there..” In other words she wouldn’t want to belong there anyway.

Bambi POUTED at her wife, used to her sarcasm by now but never far away from a well meant sad puppy look. "To be fair, when we got married my life was the one in shambles," she pointed out after a moment, shrugging. They had been so messy, once upon a time. Bambi was almost certain her need to organise stemmed from liking the feeling of control it gave her, when she'd spent a lot of her life chasing anything that felt remotely like control.

"Thank you... I hope so," and she really, really did, because this was her big, adult moment. If she failed at being a Ministry employee... Well. She wouldn't have a bad life - she'd choose to be happy being a housewife - but she wouldn't feel as fulfilled as she would be having a job. More than anything, she wanted Layla and Ariadne to be proud of her, similarly to the way she was always so proud of her Dad growing up, even if his job had low key ruined her childhood.

Grinning at the cheek kiss, she started a leisurely pace down the alley, snuggling happily into Layla's side. "Oh, I'm not asking, I'll just bring her! And I won't take her into any dangerous rooms or levels - Mysteries is a big no - but it'll be fun to show off our beautiful daughter," she said, and sighed, just a little. She often wished Layla felt more connected to the Magical world, but she would never want her to change, and they've been together for too long for Bambi to press the matter. "I won't make you.. but know you're always welcome there." Because 1. Layla Ackerly is a resident of the magical community and Bambi will fight anyone who thinks otherwise, and because 2. she's her wife. See no. 1 for questions.

Last edited by Daemon; 11-26-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: coding
Old 11-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6

SPOILER!!: Bambi
Quote:

Bambi POUTED at her wife, used to her sarcasm by now but never far away from a well meant sad puppy look. "To be fair, when we got married my life was the one in shambles," she pointed out after a moment, shrugging. They had been so messy, once upon a time. Bambi was almost certain her need to organise stemmed from liking the feeling of control it gave her, when she'd spent a lot of her life chasing anything that felt remotely like control.

[b]"Thank you... I hope so," and she really, really did, because this was her big, adult moment. If she failed at being a Ministry employee... Well. She wouldn't have a bad life - she'd choose to be happy being a housewife - but she wouldn't feel as fulfilled as she would be having a job. More than anything, she wanted Layla and Ariadne to be proud of her, similarly to the way she was always so proud of her Dad growing up, even if his job had low key ruined her childhood.

Grinning at the cheek kiss, she started a leisurely pace down the alley, snuggling happily into Layla's side. "Oh, I'm not asking, I'll just bring her! And I won't take her into any dangerous rooms or levels - Mysteries is a big no - but it'll be fun to show off our beautiful daughter," she said, and sighed, just a little. She often wished Layla felt more connected to the Magical world, but she would never want her to change, and they've been together for too long for Bambi to press the matter. "I won't make you.. but know you're always welcome there." Because 1. Layla Ackerly is a resident of the magical community and Bambi will fight anyone who thinks otherwise, and because 2. she's her wife. See no. 1 for questions.

Okay, what Bambi was saying was a little bit true. There had been a period of time where the girls had completely fallen out of love with one another. Bambi had taken her modelling life far too seriously and slightly spiralled out of control, Layla didn’t change much except for retreating inside herself a little more. ”I guess so. Does that mean I helped then?” Layla injected more security and stability into her life.

Layla was proud of her woman for sure. She had changed from this girl that was obsessed with how she looked and how she presented herself and being as perfect as she could to being this proper adult with a stable job and her own family. She’d almost done a full switch but she was still her Bambi, the girl she had fallen for whilst still in school. She smiled softly in response.

Like she had said, Layla couldn’t think of anything worse than taking her daughter into work with her. She’d be way too much of a distraction. She chuckled. ”What if your department head hates kids?” Some people do y’know? ”She’d like it though I think. Lots of things to play with” Wands.. important documents.. anything really was of interest to the young girl.

As for her going in with them that was still out of the question. ”I’ll think about it” In other words that was a no. For now at least.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2

Quote:
Okay, what Bambi was saying was a little bit true. There had been a period of time where the girls had completely fallen out of love with one another. Bambi had taken her modelling life far too seriously and slightly spiralled out of control, Layla didn’t change much except for retreating inside herself a little more. ”I guess so. Does that mean I helped then?” Layla injected more security and stability into her life.

Layla was proud of her woman for sure. She had changed from this girl that was obsessed with how she looked and how she presented herself and being as perfect as she could to being this proper adult with a stable job and her own family. She’d almost done a full switch but she was still her Bambi, the girl she had fallen for whilst still in school. She smiled softly in response.

Like she had said, Layla couldn’t think of anything worse than taking her daughter into work with her. She’d be way too much of a distraction. She chuckled. ”What if your department head hates kids?” Some people do y’know? ”She’d like it though I think. Lots of things to play with” Wands.. important documents.. anything really was of interest to the young girl.

As for her going in with them that was still out of the question. ”I’ll think about it” In other words that was a no. For now at least.
"As if you have to ask," Bambi said gently, smiling at Layla in that way she does when her wife doubts her influence in Bambi's life. If not for Layla... well. Who knows where she would be now. Ariadne would not exist, that's for sure. What a horrible world it would have been.

She laughed a little at the idea that Quigley could hate kids. He doesn't seem to be able to muster up enough emotion to hate much of anything, but in any case she's pretty sure that's not the case. "I think he has a family of his own.. and I promise I'll keep an eye on her the entire time!" And that's the complete truth, not because she's worried about baby Ari messing up her desk, but because it is the Department of Accidents and Catastrophes and Bambi would like to prevent any... accidents OR catastrophes wherever her daughter was concerned.

She nodded but didn't elaborate any further on the dismissal. She wasn't surprised or disappointed, rather she preferred to think that if Layla would one day decide to surprise her with a yes, she'd be over the moon.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Evony's grin grew wider. She did enjoy his company and the way he spoke. It amused her. He was very... cute in a charming way. Even the way he walked, casually, with his hands in his pockets, was cute.

"Do you prefer the view from the front, the back, or the side?" she asked coyly. She just needed to know at what pace she should walk.

"So what really brings you here today?" Just out of curiosity.
Leander let out an internal sigh of relief that Evony had not only accepted his joke for just that, but had actually joined in. If he hadn't already been grinning wide (and possibly like an absolute idiot), that would have split his face in two. "All angles are pretty beautiful," he said with an air of admittance, letting his pace slow ever so slightly so he could just check the view from the back. "But the front -" he finished, eyes back on her face, "is definitely superior."

She really was going to make him blush again, wasn't she? Leander was not the smooth operator he was pretending to be around Evony.

"I had a couple of, uh, paintings to drop off... in the area. What about you?"

Old 12-07-2018, 04:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Leander let out an internal sigh of relief that Evony had not only accepted his joke for just that, but had actually joined in. If he hadn't already been grinning wide (and possibly like an absolute idiot), that would have split his face in two. "All angles are pretty beautiful," he said with an air of admittance, letting his pace slow ever so slightly so he could just check the view from the back. "But the front -" he finished, eyes back on her face, "is definitely superior."

She really was going to make him blush again, wasn't she? Leander was not the smooth operator he was pretending to be around Evony.

"I had a couple of, uh, paintings to drop off... in the area. What about you?"
Evony wondered if Leander was aware of just how wide he was smiling. She imagined it would be hard to ignore. (She also wondered if it might be mildly painful.)

She continued the pace she was walking to allowed him to decide where he wanted to walk. She glanced toward him. "Then walk with me." she said in a way where it wasn't necessarily an inevitable but more of an inevitable fact.

She nodded slowly. "Ah. Have you done that already?" she asked curiously. What was she doing here? "Boredom, mostly. But I am thinking in investing in a new beach book."

Old 12-09-2018, 10:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Evony wondered if Leander was aware of just how wide he was smiling. She imagined it would be hard to ignore. (She also wondered if it might be mildly painful.)

She continued the pace she was walking to allowed him to decide where he wanted to walk. She glanced toward him. "Then walk with me." she said in a way where it wasn't necessarily an inevitable but more of an inevitable fact.

She nodded slowly. "Ah. Have you done that already?" she asked curiously. What was she doing here? "Boredom, mostly. But I am thinking in investing in a new beach book."
"That I can do." Leander fell back into step with Evony, glad she seemed to (at least somewhat) want his company and he wasn't imposing. Which was always a worry of his, and something lots of his many brothers and cousins would have laughed at had they known.

But Leander Aurelius Darcy could probably have done well as an actor, had he not embraced his habit of blushing when he was around pretty women. Blue eyes darted to the shop fronts around him, but always returned to Evony's profile, especially when she spoke again. "Yeah, it was just around the corner," he said with a little nod, not thinking that she would like specifics of the houses he went to, or the people he'd met in Knockturn Alley.

He'd rather not talk about that here, anyway. "Planning on spending a lot of time at the beach?" He remembered she mentioned it as a perk of her job when summer came around.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
"That I can do." Leander fell back into step with Evony, glad she seemed to (at least somewhat) want his company and he wasn't imposing. Which was always a worry of his, and something lots of his many brothers and cousins would have laughed at had they known.

But Leander Aurelius Darcy could probably have done well as an actor, had he not embraced his habit of blushing when he was around pretty women. Blue eyes darted to the shop fronts around him, but always returned to Evony's profile, especially when she spoke again. "Yeah, it was just around the corner," he said with a little nod, not thinking that she would like specifics of the houses he went to, or the people he'd met in Knockturn Alley.

He'd rather not talk about that here, anyway. "Planning on spending a lot of time at the beach?" He remembered she mentioned it as a perk of her job when summer came around.

Evony, despite initially appearing completely stand-offish to everyone she's ever met, did actually tend to enjoy company. She just wasn't the type to go out of her way to meet new people or to suggest hanging out.

Evony glanced behind her as he mentioned 'around the corner.' She nodded understandingly. She was actually mildly curious. She'd never had reason to go down that way.

But the topic turned back to her. "Yeah. Pretty much my plans for the rest of the summer." She cracked another smile. "Jealous?"

Old 12-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Sam stepped out of the Leaky Cauldron, curly hair slightly disheveled from the floo, and took a familiar breath of the London air. It hadn't been that long since she'd last visited, but as she wandered along the cobbled street in her ripped denim shorts and loose tee, Diagon Alley felt smaller somehow, and even less like the home it had once been. She'd probably be heading to Knockturn Alley before long, to go visit Connor and see if any of her friends were around, but first a spot of lunch was on the agenda.

For Sam, there was only one place to go, especially on a sunny day like today: Florean's. It had been the place of dreams as a kid, and it remained one of her favourite places to go on the street other than Flourish and Blotts. She adjusted the bag on her shoulder, hooked her thumbs through the belt loops of her shorts, and headed that direction with a slight saunter in her step.

Life was good.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:30 AM   #20 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12
❄Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re❄| ⚕=equivalent exchange=⚕ | pinned ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
Sam stepped out of the Leaky Cauldron, curly hair slightly disheveled from the floo, and took a familiar breath of the London air. It hadn't been that long since she'd last visited, but as she wandered along the cobbled street in her ripped denim shorts and loose tee, Diagon Alley felt smaller somehow, and even less like the home it had once been. She'd probably be heading to Knockturn Alley before long, to go visit Connor and see if any of her friends were around, but first a spot of lunch was on the agenda.

For Sam, there was only one place to go, especially on a sunny day like today: Florean's. It had been the place of dreams as a kid, and it remained one of her favourite places to go on the street other than Flourish and Blotts. She adjusted the bag on her shoulder, hooked her thumbs through the belt loops of her shorts, and headed that direction with a slight saunter in her step.

Life was good.
Owen did not deserve this. Not at all.

He was a good brother and an ever better pet handler. Or so he thought, before the toad that his younger half-sister, Harri, got from the menagerie merely a few minutes ago managed to wiggle out of his grasp and now hopped away without destination. It didn't help that she named it Hohenheim. He wasn't going to shout, 'Hohenheim!' as he chased a toad. Where even in toblerone's name did she think up that name?

Furthermore, it didn't help that said half-sister was now nowhere in sight, just like the other times they have been to Diagon Alley (merlin, she needed to stop getting sidetracked and start to learn to stick to his side). He wasn't too worried where she'd gone though; after all this wasn't the first time that she just poofed. She had the tendency to that. Owen was confident he would be able to find her soon enough.

What he wasn't too confident about was chasing after this toad. He was a Foreign Relations office, not a toad chaser. And he couldn't really just let the toad go on its own merry way since his sister was already hellbent on bringing it along to Hogwarts.

So, the chase commenced.

Running a hand through his hair, the former Hufflepuff huffed and announced, "Catch that toad!" to nobody in particular, or maybe to the girl with curly hair whom he just bypassed.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Evony, despite initially appearing completely stand-offish to everyone she's ever met, did actually tend to enjoy company. She just wasn't the type to go out of her way to meet new people or to suggest hanging out.

Evony glanced behind her as he mentioned 'around the corner.' She nodded understandingly. She was actually mildly curious. She'd never had reason to go down that way.

But the topic turned back to her. "Yeah. Pretty much my plans for the rest of the summer." She cracked another smile. "Jealous?"
Although he thought that he didn't want to delve into his afternoon activities, a part of Leander was let down when Evony didn't put any further questions to him. Of course, he couldn't blame her for not wanting any more information, and it had been him who'd avoided a full answer.

"Very jealous," Leander admitted freely, pulling his mind back from thinking of Evony on the beach and focusing it on her in the present. "Where are you planning on going?" He stopped himself short from asking who with, even though he was curious about that, too.

He didn't want to pry, after all.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
Although he thought that he didn't want to delve into his afternoon activities, a part of Leander was let down when Evony didn't put any further questions to him. Of course, he couldn't blame her for not wanting any more information, and it had been him who'd avoided a full answer.

"Very jealous," Leander admitted freely, pulling his mind back from thinking of Evony on the beach and focusing it on her in the present. "Where are you planning on going?" He stopped himself short from asking who with, even though he was curious about that, too.

He didn't want to pry, after all.
Evony was, in fact, mildly interested in what his afternoon entailed, but she figured he wasn't interested in sharing.

She laughed softly at the very jealous comment. One of her job perks included jealousy from others for situations like this. It was good fun.

"Ibiza. Cozumel. Mexico." she said casually while listing off places with a tick of her fingers. "And that's just this month." she said throwing a smile in his direction.

In truth, she expected to be needing a book to unwind from the chaos of a few days of work following by a few days of nothing and then starting the cycle all over again.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Evony was, in fact, mildly interested in what his afternoon entailed, but she figured he wasn't interested in sharing.

She laughed softly at the very jealous comment. One of her job perks included jealousy from others for situations like this. It was good fun.

"Ibiza. Cozumel. Mexico." she said casually while listing off places with a tick of her fingers. "And that's just this month." she said throwing a smile in his direction.

In truth, she expected to be needing a book to unwind from the chaos of a few days of work following by a few days of nothing and then starting the cycle all over again.
The Darcy boy couldn't help but let out a low whistle as Evony listed places, eyebrows rising slightly. "Colour me more than very jealous," he admitted with a laugh. Leander had, of course, been to Ibiza and spent time at the beaches and clubs it was famous for, but Mexico was somewhere he'd never been, and as for Cozumel?

"Where's Cozumel?" he had to ask curiously, freely admitting that he had no idea. Geography wasn't really a strong suit of his.

"Are you there just for work?"

Old 12-17-2018, 03:51 AM   #24 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young

Quote:
The Darcy boy couldn't help but let out a low whistle as Evony listed places, eyebrows rising slightly. "Colour me more than very jealous," he admitted with a laugh. Leander had, of course, been to Ibiza and spent time at the beaches and clubs it was famous for, but Mexico was somewhere he'd never been, and as for Cozumel?

"Where's Cozumel?" he had to ask curiously, freely admitting that he had no idea. Geography wasn't really a strong suit of his.

"Are you there just for work?"
Now there is the reaction that Evony lived for. She really did love when others found her job interesting, it made the boring parts so much more... bearable.

"It's an island. It is part of Mexico, but it's mostly for beaches and scuba diving." She tapped her chin thoughtfully. Clear water sounded fantastic.

"Hm?" she asked before pulling her thoughts away from the beach. "I've got some work in Ibiza. Cozumel is just for fun during some down time."

Old 12-17-2018, 07:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3

Quote:
Now there is the reaction that Evony lived for. She really did love when others found her job interesting, it made the boring parts so much more... bearable.

"It's an island. It is part of Mexico, but it's mostly for beaches and scuba diving." She tapped her chin thoughtfully. Clear water sounded fantastic.

"Hm?" she asked before pulling her thoughts away from the beach. "I've got some work in Ibiza. Cozumel is just for fun during some down time."
"That sounds incredible," Leander said, after another low whistle. "I've only been scuba diving once - a family holiday, years ago - but I loved it." Maybe when he was rich he'd spend some time on this island. What was it called? Cozumel.

He'd have to try and remember that.

When Evony explained further, Leander nodded. "You're just working in Ibiza? Seems silly to go to the party island and not, you know, party?" He grinned.