Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 759 users online including...
hermionesclone , Chelliephone , Alexrut , autognib , Michailfoq , Zoe , cvnib , Michailqdk , EddiePab , Austinwals

15 members
744 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2018, 12:51 PM

Default Spare Office

If you happen to try one of the doors near the end of the sixth-floor corridor, you might just find yourself in a handsome (if not dusty and aged) office of a surprisingly large size. The faint smell of crystallized pineapple seems to linger in the air of the room, which contains numerous side doors and nooks and crannies. Unfortunately for you, all of them remain firmly locked so there is no telling what lies behind them.

Although the room is devoid of any office-like furniture, or any furniture at all, there is still an impressive, but faded, rug before the large fireplace and long mirror hanging over that to boot. The spare office is still a cool place to hang out, practice some wandwork, or do some light reading. Just don't linger here too long because the allegedly esteemed former person that resided here was only fond of certain guests, of whom were one of his favourites and were only welcome to visit him in this office only as long as they didn't ask prying questions about specific moments in his past.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Default Open Post come on in and play with Mark <3
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Oh Good.

Mark opened the door to this room and peered inside it. This was the spare office he had heard about, but did not go to last term. He scooted on inside and then shut the door behind him.

He reached around his right shoulder with his left hand and with a few pats his Giant Rhinoceros Beetle pet, Tank dislodged it's spiny stick legs from his robe and crawled onto his arm. "We're gonna practice some spells on you." Mark spoke to the beetle, who did nothing but just look at him with his beetle eyes. "Sorry" Uh just in case, Tank wasn't consenting to the spell tests.

Mark leaned forward and made his pet crawl from his arm to the floor. He unholstered his wand and pointed it toward the larger than normal beetle. With the proper wand movements Mark spoke the incantation "Engorgio"

a second later. His Rhinoceros Beetle began to grow and grow. Doubling itself in size. Now as large as a small lap dog. Impressed with himself Mark smirked. But now he wanted to practice it's counter-charm and make Tank shrink back to his normal-large size.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12
Default *graaabs*
❄Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re❄| ⚕=equivalent exchange=⚕ | pinned ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Moose View Post
Oh Good.

Mark opened the door to this room and peered inside it. This was the spare office he had heard about, but did not go to last term. He scooted on inside and then shut the door behind him.

He reached around his right shoulder with his left hand and with a few pats his Giant Rhinoceros Beetle pet, Tank dislodged it's spiny stick legs from his robe and crawled onto his arm. "We're gonna practice some spells on you." Mark spoke to the beetle, who did nothing but just look at him with his beetle eyes. "Sorry" Uh just in case, Tank wasn't consenting to the spell tests.

Mark leaned forward and made his pet crawl from his arm to the floor. He unholstered his wand and pointed it toward the larger than normal beetle. With the proper wand movements Mark spoke the incantation "Engorgio"

a second later. His Rhinoceros Beetle began to grow and grow. Doubling itself in size. Now as large as a small lap dog. Impressed with himself Mark smirked. But now he wanted to practice it's counter-charm and make Tank shrink back to his normal-large size.
Harri wasn't lost. Noooope. She was just, you know, exploring the other parts of the castle. It was her self-proclaimed mission. The supposed to be destination was the Trophy Room, instead she ended up...here.

But here didn't look so bad especially when she took a little sneaky peek inside and to her delight saw another student, one who she thought can't be any older than her, cast a spell on...was that a beetle? WHOA. Whoa. It grew big, well bigger, right before her eyes. Bounding excitedly inside, she clapped her hands together. "That was SO cool! What did you do? You have to teach me!" She exclaimed in greeting to the boy, smiling widely.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Love me?
Gnome

The pink mutant was back to wandering around, letting curiosity get the better of her. There was just so much to explore and so much for her to...

What was that smell?

Was that ... pineapple?

Oh. And hello, humans.

The cute fur ball snuck into the room and looked around. She was disappointed to see that the room was pretty much empty. But little eyes grew large at the sight of the over-sized beetle. The mutant took a few steps back and glanced up at the girl, a little paw stretching out toward her. Cuddles please?
Old 01-13-2019, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
Harri wasn't lost. Noooope. She was just, you know, exploring the other parts of the castle. It was her self-proclaimed mission. The supposed to be destination was the Trophy Room, instead she ended up...here.

But here didn't look so bad especially when she took a little sneaky peek inside and to her delight saw another student, one who she thought can't be any older than her, cast a spell on...was that a beetle? WHOA. Whoa. It grew big, well bigger, right before her eyes. Bounding excitedly inside, she clapped her hands together. "That was SO cool! What did you do? You have to teach me!" She exclaimed in greeting to the boy, smiling widely.
So much for peacefully practicing his spell work, ah well. Mark wasn't opposed to anyone coming in on him just like this girl did. He turned around to her and smiled. "I guess I can try." He wanted more to practice the counter-charm, but maybe he could make Tank a little bit bigger to show her this spell.

"You can watch me first."
The young Ravenclaw faced back toward his pet beetle and was about to cast the enlarging charm once again. He turned his head around to make sure she was watching, having also forgotten his social skills and should of asked for her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTANT! View Post
The pink mutant was back to wandering around, letting curiosity get the better of her. There was just so much to explore and so much for her to...

What was that smell?

Was that ... pineapple?

Oh. And hello, humans.

The cute fur ball snuck into the room and looked around. She was disappointed to see that the room was pretty much empty. But little eyes grew large at the sight of the over-sized beetle. The mutant took a few steps back and glanced up at the girl, a little paw stretching out toward her. Cuddles please?
Mark recognized this creature!! This was the mystery beast from the feast before he uh...nope gonna forget that part of the feast now. He wasn't positive he was gonna run into this little...

uh...what was it!?

But now like the Head Girl said before it could be the House Pet, and Mark could study it further. Figure out what species this pink creature was. This little beast's eyes landed on his beetle momentarily and Mark was worried that perhaps it ate bugs. Which wouldn't help his case as he wanted to house it with Tank in his terrarium. But it was distracted by the girl it stood beside. "P-pick it up." Mark directed her, pointing his fingers down so she could see what was tugging at her.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Quote:
So much for peacefully practicing his spell work, ah well. Mark wasn't opposed to anyone coming in on him just like this girl did. He turned around to her and smiled. "I guess I can try." He wanted more to practice the counter-charm, but maybe he could make Tank a little bit bigger to show her this spell.

"You can watch me first."
The young Ravenclaw faced back toward his pet beetle and was about to cast the enlarging charm once again. He turned his head around to make sure she was watching, having also forgotten his social skills and should of asked for her name.

Mark recognized this creature!! This was the mystery beast from the feast before he uh...nope gonna forget that part of the feast now. He wasn't positive he was gonna run into this little...

uh...what was it!?

But now like the Head Girl said before it could be the House Pet, and Mark could study it further. Figure out what species this pink creature was. This little beast's eyes landed on his beetle momentarily and Mark was worried that perhaps it ate bugs. Which wouldn't help his case as he wanted to house it with Tank in his terrarium. But it was distracted by the girl it stood beside. "P-pick it up." Mark directed her, pointing his fingers down so she could see what was tugging at her.
Quote:

What was that smell?

Was that ... pineapple?

Oh. And hello, humans.

Harri stepped closer, already nodding and whipping out her wand. She was SO ready. But uh, okay. She would have to watch him do it first. Of course, of course. She was only a first year. She shouldn't get too excited and rush these kind of things. She supposed it was good enough that he was open to teaching her this trick in the first place. Some older students would have said no. Maybe he knew how to the Point Me charm too? She still needed to learn that one. "Okay, I'm watching."

Go on, then. She was waiting.

....Pick it up? Pick up what?

Harri gave the boy a confused look before looking down and....OH. "Ohhh, how cuuute!" She exclaimed, bending down and offering her hand to the little fluffball. It wasn't a pygmy puff or any other creature she knew the name of but it was the cutest! She simply needed to make a friend out of it. "Hiii."

Old 01-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Love me?
Gnome

Pick it up. Yes, pick it up! The mutant looked up with big eyes that screamed 'hold me.'

When the girl bent down and held out her hand, the furry creature wasted no time to leap onto her hand and crawl up her arm. Up, up, up she went, until she was on her shoulders and nuzzling up against her face. Something that resembled a giggle sounded.

Did the boy want furry hugs too? She had plenty to give. There could be cuddles for everyone! The more the merrier!
Old 01-14-2019, 02:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8

Quote:
Harri stepped closer, already nodding and whipping out her wand. She was SO ready. But uh, okay. She would have to watch him do it first. Of course, of course. She was only a first year. She shouldn't get too excited and rush these kind of things. She supposed it was good enough that he was open to teaching her this trick in the first place. Some older students would have said no. Maybe he knew how to the Point Me charm too? She still needed to learn that one. "Okay, I'm watching."

Go on, then. She was waiting.

....Pick it up? Pick up what?

Harri gave the boy a confused look before looking down and....OH. "Ohhh, how cuuute!" She exclaimed, bending down and offering her hand to the little fluffball. It wasn't a pygmy puff or any other creature she knew the name of but it was the cutest! She simply needed to make a friend out of it. "Hiii."
Quote:
Pick it up. Yes, pick it up! The mutant looked up with big eyes that screamed 'hold me.'

When the girl bent down and held out her hand, the furry creature wasted no time to leap onto her hand and crawl up her arm. Up, up, up she went, until she was on her shoulders and nuzzling up against her face. Something that resembled a giggle sounded.

Did the boy want furry hugs too? She had plenty to give. There could be cuddles for everyone! The more the merrier!
This was most brilliant! Now if they could somehow keep the little pink creature from disappearing like it did during the feast. Should they leash it...him...her? How should they refer to it? Should they see about bringing the creature to the Care of Magical Creatures Professor? Maybe they'll be able to identify it...him..her? Seriously what was the pink monster's gender?

Mark turned around and cast reducio on his beetle pet making it go back down to his original still big-beetle-size and picked him up placing Tank on his right shoulder then walked over to the pink ball of small monster that the Gryffindor Girl was now holding. As much as he wanted to take the beast to his common room, it would be easier said if he was by himself or with another Ravenclaw. The Lion Girl being here complicated that plan so he would have to adjust his strategy to the situation. "We should bring this little creature down to the Barn on the grounds." He suggested, placing his hand onto to the creatures head and petting it softly.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Quote:

Quote:
This was most brilliant! Now if they could somehow keep the little pink creature from disappearing like it did during the feast. Should they leash it...him...her? How should they refer to it? Should they see about bringing the creature to the Care of Magical Creatures Professor? Maybe they'll be able to identify it...him..her? Seriously what was the pink monster's gender?

Mark turned around and cast reducio on his beetle pet making it go back down to his original still big-beetle-size and picked him up placing Tank on his right shoulder then walked over to the pink ball of small monster that the Gryffindor Girl was now holding. As much as he wanted to take the beast to his common room, it would be easier said if he was by himself or with another Ravenclaw. The Lion Girl being here complicated that plan so he would have to adjust his strategy to the situation. "We should bring this little creature down to the Barn on the grounds." He suggested, placing his hand onto to the creatures head and petting it softly.
And hold, she did.

It was so cute, so cute, so cute. VERY CUTE. Harri was close to smooshing the fluffball against her face the way she did her toad back during the start-of-term feast (aka when she was also under the influence of a love potion-spiked pumpkin juice). It's cuteness was so irresistible that her earlier focus to learn from the boy was momentarily forgotten, even when he cast the counter-spell to his beetle's enlargement.

Brows furrowing slightly, Harri looked up at the boy and tried not to pout. "The barn? Do we have to?" She was not trying to claim the cutecutecutecute creature for herself because someone else might own it but she also didn't like the sound of bringing it to the barns when it so enjoyed cuddles. Human cuddles.

Last edited by Tazzie; 01-14-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Love me?
Gnome

She was lost to whatever discussion they were having about a "barn". The only thing that mattered was the cuddles and those weren't in short supply. Rather than make any attempt to understand, she freely snuggled against them. This was how you made the most of a situation.

Were there others in this big place that would give her cuddles too?

Was that where they wanted to take her?
Old 01-19-2019, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8

Quote:
And hold, she did.

It was so cute, so cute, so cute. VERY CUTE. Harri was close to smooshing the fluffball against her face the way she did her toad back during the start-of-term feast (aka when she was also under the influence of a love potion-spiked pumpkin juice). It's cuteness was so irresistible that her earlier focus to learn from the boy was momentarily forgotten, even when he cast the counter-spell to his beetle's enlargement.

Brows furrowing slightly, Harri looked up at the boy and tried not to pout. "The barn? Do we have to?" She was not trying to claim the cutecutecutecute creature for herself because someone else might own it but she also didn't like the sound of bringing it to the barns when it so enjoyed cuddles. Human cuddles.
Quote:
She was lost to whatever discussion they were having about a "barn". The only thing that mattered was the cuddles and those weren't in short supply. Rather than make any attempt to understand, she freely snuggled against them. This was how you made the most of a situation.

No, they really don't have too. They could just maybe keep him a secret between the two of them right here in this office and care for it like the creature was their shared pet, but Mark was already in possession of his Big Beetle. It would've been easier to take him back to the common room where he would have one place to look after two pets rather than having to come back to the spare office every day.

Mark scratched behind the beasts ear....or was that an ear he wasn't sure. It looked like something you could scratch and pet on so Mark did that there anyways and the mystery animal seemed very pleased with the attention they were both giving it. "I really think we should." The Ravenclaw still admitted no matter how much he wanted to take and study the creature on his own. He wasn't going to figure out all he wanted without a Professor's help. "We don't know what the little creature eats. Maybe the Professor will know if we take him to the barn." He looked toward the door of the office that lead back out toward the corridor.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harri Ainsworth
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Owen Montezor

Ministry RPG Name:
Beatrice Castell
Environmental Protection
x12

Quote:

Quote:
No, they really don't have too. They could just maybe keep him a secret between the two of them right here in this office and care for it like the creature was their shared pet, but Mark was already in possession of his Big Beetle. It would've been easier to take him back to the common room where he would have one place to look after two pets rather than having to come back to the spare office every day.

Mark scratched behind the beasts ear....or was that an ear he wasn't sure. It looked like something you could scratch and pet on so Mark did that there anyways and the mystery animal seemed very pleased with the attention they were both giving it. "I really think we should." The Ravenclaw still admitted no matter how much he wanted to take and study the creature on his own. He wasn't going to figure out all he wanted without a Professor's help. "We don't know what the little creature eats. Maybe the Professor will know if we take him to the barn." He looked toward the door of the office that lead back out toward the corridor.
Harri looked up at the boy (who she belatedly realized that she still didn't know the name) with her bottom lip jutted slightly in a pout. She didn't want to bring the tiny cutecutecute creature to the barn it was stinky there and it most likely won't get enough cuddles, but he was right. They didn't even know what the creature ate. Or what kind of creature it was to begin with.

"Well, I guess you have a point." She said, eyeing him as he eyed the door. Now? They were bringing the cutecutecute thing to the barn now? But she wanted to give it MORE cuddles. It enjoyed the cuddles and the petting! "But wait, maybe we can try and figure it out ourselves." What kind of food the creature ate. "I'm sure this little thing isn't picky. What does cute little creatures like? Um, mashed potatoes? I'm sure she's going to like mashed potatoes." Right? Right? And yes, it's a she. "We can be its co-owners! Just look at how cute it is. I don't really want to bring her to the barn."

Old 01-21-2019, 09:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Love me?
Gnome

The mutant did not stop with the snuggling. If they wanted, they could do this here all day. The little furball had nowhere specific she was supposed to be.

After being scratched behind the ear, another noise resembling a giggle sounded. That felt sooooooo nice.

Then the humans were all looking at the door. While they talked about whatever it was they thought was more important than doing nothing but cuddle, she silently slunk down from the girl's body and walked toward the door.

Moments later the creature was out of sight, letting her nose lead the way.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8

Quote:
Harri looked up at the boy (who she belatedly realized that she still didn't know the name) with her bottom lip jutted slightly in a pout. She didn't want to bring the tiny cutecutecute creature to the barn it was stinky there and it most likely won't get enough cuddles, but he was right. They didn't even know what the creature ate. Or what kind of creature it was to begin with.

"Well, I guess you have a point." She said, eyeing him as he eyed the door. Now? They were bringing the cutecutecute thing to the barn now? But she wanted to give it MORE cuddles. It enjoyed the cuddles and the petting! "But wait, maybe we can try and figure it out ourselves." What kind of food the creature ate. "I'm sure this little thing isn't picky. What does cute little creatures like? Um, mashed potatoes? I'm sure she's going to like mashed potatoes." Right? Right? And yes, it's a she. "We can be its co-owners! Just look at how cute it is. I don't really want to bring her to the barn."
Yes yes indeed he had a point. Mark Gunter was a good point giver, he put thought into his actions before he took them. Yet, she was still continuing to try and play up the caretaker idea on him. "I want to do that. Trust me I do, but I don't want to play trial and error with an unknown creature." Trial and Error with his Beetle, that was fine. Mark knew a lot about Tank so he could test and practice plenty on his pet. "I think if we took it down to the Barn. We could narrow it down with some help." Logical Mark was Logical.
Quote:
The mutant did not stop with the snuggling. If they wanted, they could do this here all day. The little furball had nowhere specific she was supposed to be.

After being scratched behind the ear, another noise resembling a giggle sounded. That felt sooooooo nice.

Then the humans were all looking at the door. While they talked about whatever it was they thought was more important than doing nothing but cuddle, she silently slunk down from the girl's body and walked toward the door.

Moments later the creature was out of sight, letting her nose lead the way.
Just as the girl was pleading further and further to be co-owners of it Mark looked down at her shoulder where the creature was previously sitting. WHEN HAD IT GONE!? WHERE DID IT GO!? "It's gone!" he yelped as he moved over to the door and swung it open. Looking down both ends of the Hall, but the mystery beast was no where to be seen.