sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1198 users online including...
guardrDelia , Stevendalo , hermionesclone , Marinalfd , ramsspeelay , Marinasgf , JustinzeTip , Michailhmv

8 members
1190 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > Middle Era Diagon Alley > Flourish and Blotts

Flourish and Blotts The best and oldest bookshop in Diagon Alley!

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-12-2017, 05:14 PM

Default F&Bs Bookshelves

A large number of bookshelves cover every space within Flourish & Blotts. Some sag under the weight of the books, but they hold strong thanks to a strengthening charm. Every subject that you can think of can be found within these shelves. The first floor holds books that further the knowledge, while the second floor holds books for more pleasurable reading. Small signs hang from the ceiling or hover around the top of the bookshelves, indicating which subjects can be found in each particular area. Feel free to browse and don't be afraid to let your imagination take you to great heights!

OOC: Since all good libraries and such have a cat, Elizabeth has brought her two kittens (Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer) with her to the bookshop. So always keep an eye underfoot for a flash of fur that may or may not be one or both playful kitties. And while they're technically NPCs, feel free to interact with them/play out their actions to your heart's content <3
Old 08-17-2018, 06:11 PM   #126 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erindipity View Post
Giving his hand a quick shake in return she pulled the book back up to cover her face a bit more. "I do. She's pretty well behaved except for when there's pygmy puffs round." That remark caused her to grimace ever so slightly. Given the conversation she had had with Max and her failed attempt at getting him to adopt... it was all still pretty raw, tbh.

Now this... THIS made her pull the book down finally and close it gently. "Really? You'd do that? I could bring you some of mine to borrow, too!" It was like they were friends now. Was that a thing? "Perhaps we coul' start a book exchange even. Get some other people involved?" The mere thought of this made her smile wider, excitement evident in her eyes.
That sounded rough, he wasn't sure how cats normally acted around pygmy puffs. He could only imagine what that would look like if the two did not get along. He wanted an owl for the practicality, but mostly he missed his grandparents border collie that they had since he was about six.

His grin grew back across his face. "Yes really. Books were meant to be shared. That'd be awesome!" Trading books was seriously one of his favorite things to do. "That wouldn't be a bad idea to add to Hogwarts, a place to escape the ups and downs of Hogwarts life."
Old 08-18-2018, 06:09 PM   #127 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
The wince hadn’t gone unnoticed. Nor had Stasya felt the need to point it out, as she had honestly taken the younger girl’s warning to heart. It just wasn’t like she could really do much about it since she still couldn’t do magic outside of school legally. There was a little over a year before then. A year and about three months, to be exact, but if she had been able to, she would’ve said they could either try to summon the books or just cast bubblehead charms on themselves so the alleged stinky man wouldn’t be a problem. Besides, if they were lucky, he wouldn’t be near the shelves they needed to look at. Hopefully. There wasn’t anything else she could really do, so she’d started walking up the stairs when she heard the girl speak again. “Well, it’s nice to meet you Dizzy,” she said with a smile. “I’m Anastasiya, although most people call me Stasya.” Some variation of that, anyway.

“I do,” she confirmed, as they’d continued heading to the second floor. “I’ll be a fifth year this term.” She didn’t think she needed to add the prefect part, or the Gryffindor part. Especially since she’d just met the other girl and she didn’t know if it would scare her. Besides, it would be obvious soon enough.

Plus, so far she didn’t smell anything. Either the guy had left or hadn’t really been there. She was willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but she’d stay vigilant too. “Mm, I think this way,” she said, turning to the left and starting to head toward a row of shelves. She really hoped they wouldn’t need bubblehead charms.
"Nice to meet you too, Stasya!" Her name had taken Dizzy aback a little. She'd expected the girl to have an Icelandic name. But Stasya was a pretty name, and from what Dizzy could tell so far, it suited her. "If they don't have books in Icelandic, I can owl my sister Bryn, or Gudrun to send books in Icelandic, if you want some too. They both live in Iceland still." It would be no trouble at all to include a few books for Stasya if she wanted.

Fifth year? Oh, someone Diz can go to for advice. She probably knows all about the school and stuff. "I'm a second year, but it'll be my first year at Hogwarts. Anything I should know about the school." Dizzy followed Stasya to the left. The further left they went, the more Dizzy could smell the lingering odor, but it was no where near as strong as before, just left over that hadn't dissipated yet. Still, Dizzy lifted the collar of her shirt over her nose.

Oh, French! "Found books in French! We're close. If they have Dutch or Icelandic that is."
Old 08-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #128 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
"Nice to meet you too, Stasya!" Her name had taken Dizzy aback a little. She'd expected the girl to have an Icelandic name. But Stasya was a pretty name, and from what Dizzy could tell so far, it suited her. "If they don't have books in Icelandic, I can owl my sister Bryn, or Gudrun to send books in Icelandic, if you want some too. They both live in Iceland still." It would be no trouble at all to include a few books for Stasya if she wanted.

Fifth year? Oh, someone Diz can go to for advice. She probably knows all about the school and stuff. "I'm a second year, but it'll be my first year at Hogwarts. Anything I should know about the school." Dizzy followed Stasya to the left. The further left they went, the more Dizzy could smell the lingering odor, but it was no where near as strong as before, just left over that hadn't dissipated yet. Still, Dizzy lifted the collar of her shirt over her nose.

Oh, French! "Found books in French! We're close. If they have Dutch or Icelandic that is."
Stasya was fairly used to her name startling people by now, as she remembered Ian asking her why she didn’t go by her full name and that it was princess-like kind of randomly. Although, the possibility that it had taken Dizzy by surprise by it not being Icelandic hadn’t actually occurred to her. Nor had explaining that her father was Russian, mostly because that was still kind of a sensitive subject and she had barely met the younger girl. However, something else that had been said piqued her interest. “Your sister’s name is Bryn? My mama goes by that sometimes.” Another little detail that hadn’t actually been mentioned as of yet, but then there really hadn’t been a conversation about why she’d known Icelandic either. “My grandparents still live in Iceland,” and it had just occurred to her she didn’t know exactly where her aunts and uncle lived. Aside from the fact Aunt Anissa had been in England when she’d taken her to buy her prom dress. But the oddly important part was that she knew more about where her papa’s siblings lived than her mama’s. She’d never thought that weird before now.

That and she know had more information about her new acquaintance, aside from the already kind of apparent detail that she was new to Hogwarts. She’d already figured that out just by the fact they hadn’t met yet. “Things you should know about Hogwarts?,” she repeated thoughtfully as they continued moving toward the shelves. “You should probably be prepared for anything.” That was a definite fact. Hogwarts wasn’t exactly predictable, although she hoped the inferi were under control now. A term without a battle would be nice, not to mention a term without people, including herself, being possessed. A quiet term would be nice, really, but she didn’t expect one. She was pretty sure she shouldn’t expect one. Constant vigilance and all.

The smell really wasn’t that bad. Nowhere near the inferi smell, or that corpse flower from Herbology that they’d been forced to smell. She decided she could handle it, as long as they weren’t there long. “I’d be surprised if they didn’t?,” she replied, peering at the shelves nearest to herself. Nope, still French, or maybe German.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero
SilverTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #129 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

A smile lit up Dizzy's face. She was super proud of her big sister and it was showing. "Yes! Brynhildur, but she goes by Bryn for short. She's our youngest big sister." Well, technically, Dizzy supposed Runa was her youngest big sister, but they're twins and she is only eight minutes older, so it didn't really count. "Bryn's a really talented wandmaker. She made our wands!" Dizzy fumbled in her pockets a moment and pulled out her wand, showing it proudly to Stasya. "My oldest big sister and youngest both live in Iceland. The other two live in France, although Arienne is like Mama and moves around a lot."

Not knowing much about Hogwarts yet, Dizzy didn't grasp Stasya's real meaning, nor the gravity of it. To Dizzy, it just made Hogwarts sound like a grand adventure to be had, and the 12 year old grinned widely. "Sounds exciting!" Maybe Hogwarts will be better than Beauxbatons afterall, unfortunate name and school robes aside. She was excited now. "What's your favorite thing about Hogwarts?"

Hmmm? So far Dizzy wasn't seeing anything in Dutch or Icelandic. She kept her shirt collar over her nose while she searched. There was French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian... "Well, neither language is widely spoken, so....Oh, wait." There. She'd spotted a small section of Dutch books, and pulled one out to read the jacket synopsis.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #130 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy smiled as she saw her dormmate, Bel heading her way. "Hello there. My summer is going pretty well but I have to quit the Quidditch team due to the Inferi attack. The Healers at St Mungo's couldn't fix my left leg entirely hence the limp. My aunt, Helena is currently staying over with mum and me. I believe she is doing some shopping of her own."

She paused and asked, "How have you been?"
Okay.

Woaaaaah Nelly.

Bel blinked a bit. That was a LOT of information to digest at once. The inferi attack..... Bel didn't much like thinking about it, given she'd been almost choked to death and was much more inclined to look forward and live her life to the fullest rather than dwell. For sure she was making an effort herself not to bring it up in casual conversation. That wasn't what had her blinking though. She tipped her head to one side curiously.

"Daisy, why would that mean you can't try out? You don't need your legs to fly. I'm sure you'd still do great since you fly so well and once you're on a broom nobody would even know that you're still limping, and by then you might be fine!" Though... it was a surprise to Bel that her dormmate wasn't better now. "Besides, training can only help you rehabilitate, right?" She added encouragingly. And it was something to look forward to... in Bel's eyes anyway.

As for how she had been...

"Oh and I've been great! Surfing a heap, and getting out there on my dirtbike - had a few races this summer already. Hiking with my olds," Her parents, "And just spending a bunch of time at the beach and out and about." And doing things she couldn't do while stuck at school basically.

But most importantly? Deffo not thinking about Inferi. Bel was in YOLO mode for sure.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
TeafortheSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:18 AM   #131 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

MO
Murtlap

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arthuria Ambrosious
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Anastacia Ambrosious

"You can get a couple of books for the train ride" her mother said to her as she opened and held the door for Arthuria and two other witches to enter through. Arthuria gave her mother a wide smile, who returned it with a boop to her nose causing Arthuria to giggle as she turned her attention to the bookstore. She closed her eyes and breathed in happily, she loved bookstores.

"Go ahead and look through the books, I will grab your spell books and meet you by the counter" Arthuria nodded to her mother and half-ran to the non-fiction section. She hoped she could find a new Arthurian tale to read.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:50 AM   #132 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Okay.

Woaaaaah Nelly.

Bel blinked a bit. That was a LOT of information to digest at once. The inferi attack..... Bel didn't much like thinking about it, given she'd been almost choked to death and was much more inclined to look forward and live her life to the fullest rather than dwell. For sure she was making an effort herself not to bring it up in casual conversation. That wasn't what had her blinking though. She tipped her head to one side curiously.

"Daisy, why would that mean you can't try out? You don't need your legs to fly. I'm sure you'd still do great since you fly so well and once you're on a broom nobody would even know that you're still limping, and by then you might be fine!" Though... it was a surprise to Bel that her dormmate wasn't better now. "Besides, training can only help you rehabilitate, right?" She added encouragingly. And it was something to look forward to... in Bel's eyes anyway.

As for how she had been...

"Oh and I've been great! Surfing a heap, and getting out there on my dirtbike - had a few races this summer already. Hiking with my olds," Her parents, "And just spending a bunch of time at the beach and out and about." And doing things she couldn't do while stuck at school basically.

But most importantly? Deffo not thinking about Inferi. Bel was in YOLO mode for sure.
It seemed that Bel was coping a lot better than Daisy which made her feel even worse. "I had to reassess things and I tried flying on a broom but when I came to the take-off and landing, my leg wouldn't allow for me to do that properly. I'm not the same Daisy."

When Bel talked about her Summer activities, Daisy raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Wow! You certainly got up to a lot. My aunt Helena's staying over with mum and me. We've been busy baking all sorts of goodies. Aunt Helena is such a cool aunt."
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:52 AM   #133 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3

Quote:
A smile lit up Dizzy's face. She was super proud of her big sister and it was showing. "Yes! Brynhildur, but she goes by Bryn for short. She's our youngest big sister." Well, technically, Dizzy supposed Runa was her youngest big sister, but they're twins and she is only eight minutes older, so it didn't really count. "Bryn's a really talented wandmaker. She made our wands!" Dizzy fumbled in her pockets a moment and pulled out her wand, showing it proudly to Stasya. "My oldest big sister and youngest both live in Iceland. The other two live in France, although Arienne is like Mama and moves around a lot."

Not knowing much about Hogwarts yet, Dizzy didn't grasp Stasya's real meaning, nor the gravity of it. To Dizzy, it just made Hogwarts sound like a grand adventure to be had, and the 12 year old grinned widely. "Sounds exciting!" Maybe Hogwarts will be better than Beauxbatons afterall, unfortunate name and school robes aside. She was excited now. "What's your favorite thing about Hogwarts?"

Hmmm? So far Dizzy wasn't seeing anything in Dutch or Icelandic. She kept her shirt collar over her nose while she searched. There was French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian... "Well, neither language is widely spoken, so....Oh, wait." There. She'd spotted a small section of Dutch books, and pulled one out to read the jacket synopsis.
The pride in Dizzy’s face was honestly nearly contagious, even if Stasya hadn’t already felt that weird sort of kinship with the younger girl even before the revelation that they both had family members with the same nickname. “Oh. My mama’s name is Brynja. She’s a professional Gobstones player,” she replied, nodding slightly. Not the same at all. “That’s really cool, though. Having a wandmaker in the family…How many sisters do you have?” Okay, maybe she was feeling a little inferior on the family front with only her baby brother, not that that was uncommon. Not everyone had as odd of a family background as she did, and she constantly tried to tell herself it wasn’t as tragic as she regularly felt it to be. It wasn’t like she was that left out, not with all the aunts and uncles and even two sets of grandparents. Sort of. She knew her grandmother Xenia way more than she’d ever known her grandfather Nikita, really, and she knew both her mama’s parents.

Not only that, but there was the dilemma of figuring out exactly what she ought to say about Hogwarts. She was ninety-nine percent sure that telling someone who was just coming to Hogwarts that there was a chance of being possessed or attacked by inferi wasn’t the best idea. Even if a lot of it had been published in the Prophet. It was different hearing it from someone who’d actually experienced it (not that she’d really experienced the inferi attack. Not like others had) “It can be,” she agreed after a moment. Hogwarts could be exciting, for sure. “The barns.” That had been an easy answer. Getting to help take care of the Granians, all the other creatures…

She wasn’t looking quite as intensely for the books in question, but she’d noticed the same thing about the popularity of certain languages over the others. That and she’d suddenly started to wonder if there were books written in Mermish. Or Gobbledegook, but she thought there was at least some of those. At least goblins weren’t underwater, after all. They wouldn’t have to worry about the books getting all wet. “Did you find something?” The younger girl was obviously looking at a book, so maybe the faint smell wasn’t too distracting.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #134 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Ah the familiar smell of books.

That was Septimus’ first thought as he entered the shop. The other was that it was a good thing he didn’t mind the smell since Flourish and Blotts was going to always be a spot he needed to visit each and every summer. There were ALWAYs new textbooks to pick up for the upcoming school year. That and the two kitties that owned the store almost as much as the shopkeeper did, like the one currently weaving amongst his feet.

The newly minted third year reached down to pet the cat, not sure which one it was, before walking further into the book shop. Taking out his school supply list, two books stood out as new needs. Book of Spells, Grade 3 of course, and Intermediate Transfiguration. They’d be his first targets, his gaze flickering around to find the right shelves he needed to find each volume.
Out of all the things on his list, the books weren't something he was excited about. Don't get him wrong, he was excited, very much, but a wand was even more exciting, you know? That made it to the top of his list, books were just.... much lower.

But Lucas still walked into the bookstore, clutching up the crumpled up supply list in his hand. He'd probably read over it a lot of times - when it first arrived, at the breakfast table this morning, when they first entered Diagon Alley - but that didn't stop him from unfurling it and reading it over.... and over.... and over.

Taking a deep breath, he started moving forwards and towards the middle of the store where most of the student-aged people were huddled around. It helped that there was a sign because if not, he didn't want to wander into the rows and try to find what he was looking for. There was a sign and it was clear and he was here. He just had to find the first year ones over the-

Oh! Kitty!

The smile was instantaneous. Forgetting about the books completely, Lucas did the only thing he could think of and sat down, cross-legged, right there on the floor. It wasn't a good idea and there were people nearby but that didn't register in his brain. The only thing he could think about was this small kitty right here.

Pet pet.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #135 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default For Kate!her Lucas
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Now the dreaded part... okay, not really dreaded, but most definitely the most BORING bit of buying school supplies, which happened to also be the longest and most expensive part.

Textbooks. Meeeehhhh.

Anna couldn't care less. Alright, alright, she did like the smell of new books, but definitely not as much as her crazy brother who was constantly sniffing books - new and old - like a mad person or she claimed he did, at least. Crazy boy.

It had to be done, though, so there she was. At Flourish and Blotts with her list.

Sigh.

Where do start now?
Hey Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #136 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
The pride in Dizzy’s face was honestly nearly contagious, even if Stasya hadn’t already felt that weird sort of kinship with the younger girl even before the revelation that they both had family members with the same nickname. “Oh. My mama’s name is Brynja. She’s a professional Gobstones player,” she replied, nodding slightly. Not the same at all. “That’s really cool, though. Having a wandmaker in the family…How many sisters do you have?” Okay, maybe she was feeling a little inferior on the family front with only her baby brother, not that that was uncommon. Not everyone had as odd of a family background as she did, and she constantly tried to tell herself it wasn’t as tragic as she regularly felt it to be. It wasn’t like she was that left out, not with all the aunts and uncles and even two sets of grandparents. Sort of. She knew her grandmother Xenia way more than she’d ever known her grandfather Nikita, really, and she knew both her mama’s parents.

Not only that, but there was the dilemma of figuring out exactly what she ought to say about Hogwarts. She was ninety-nine percent sure that telling someone who was just coming to Hogwarts that there was a chance of being possessed or attacked by inferi wasn’t the best idea. Even if a lot of it had been published in the Prophet. It was different hearing it from someone who’d actually experienced it (not that she’d really experienced the inferi attack. Not like others had) “It can be,” she agreed after a moment. Hogwarts could be exciting, for sure. “The barns.” That had been an easy answer. Getting to help take care of the Granians, all the other creatures…

She wasn’t looking quite as intensely for the books in question, but she’d noticed the same thing about the popularity of certain languages over the others. That and she’d suddenly started to wonder if there were books written in Mermish. Or Gobbledegook, but she thought there was at least some of those. At least goblins weren’t underwater, after all. They wouldn’t have to worry about the books getting all wet. “Did you find something?” The younger girl was obviously looking at a book, so maybe the faint smell wasn’t too distracting.
Professional Gobstone player? Dizzy wasn't sure whether to be impressed or horrified. The thought of getting covered in that foul goo made her shudder, which made those willing to suffer it all the more impressive. "I have five. Runa, you'll meet her, she's my twin, but she's pale and blonde and has blue eyes," so you know, they might not appear as sisters at a quick glance, "and then there's Bryn, Arienne, Minette and Gudrun."

The Barns? Dizzy looked at Stasya skeptically. "Really? But...isn't that, um, a bit smelly?" Dizzy got the animal part, sure....well, some of the animals at least, but she could do quite without the smell they seem to get when you house them all together. "Oh, uh..." she looked back down at the book in her hand. "I found a small section in Dutch, but...nothing that seems interesting. Still haven't found any in Icelandic though."
Old 08-22-2018, 06:25 PM   #137 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: Anna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Now the dreaded part... okay, not really dreaded, but most definitely the most BORING bit of buying school supplies, which happened to also be the longest and most expensive part.

Textbooks. Meeeehhhh.

Anna couldn't care less. Alright, alright, she did like the smell of new books, but definitely not as much as her crazy brother who was constantly sniffing books - new and old - like a mad person or she claimed he did, at least. Crazy boy.

It had to be done, though, so there she was. At Flourish and Blotts with her list.

Sigh.

Where do start now?

Buying books time! Lucas had already had an idea about what textbooks he would need -- most of the books stayed in the same series for each subject, just had to buy the next level of it for the next year. He had a few of them already in his arms and was struggling to go on. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea? Trying to carry five textbooks without help from another person or even a cart was....terribly stupid.

So when he suddenly dropped his stack -- ON A GIRL'S FOOT -- he froze up, his brown eyes suddenly WIDE WITH SHOCK! "Oh...my GODIMSOSORRYOHMYGODAREYOUHURT?!" AND HE WAS CAUSING A RUCKUS IN THE BOOK SHOP.
kayquilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #138 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
Out of all the things on his list, the books weren't something he was excited about. Don't get him wrong, he was excited, very much, but a wand was even more exciting, you know? That made it to the top of his list, books were just.... much lower.

But Lucas still walked into the bookstore, clutching up the crumpled up supply list in his hand. He'd probably read over it a lot of times - when it first arrived, at the breakfast table this morning, when they first entered Diagon Alley - but that didn't stop him from unfurling it and reading it over.... and over.... and over.

Taking a deep breath, he started moving forwards and towards the middle of the store where most of the student-aged people were huddled around. It helped that there was a sign because if not, he didn't want to wander into the rows and try to find what he was looking for. There was a sign and it was clear and he was here. He just had to find the first year ones over the-

Oh! Kitty!

The smile was instantaneous. Forgetting about the books completely, Lucas did the only thing he could think of and sat down, cross-legged, right there on the floor. It wasn't a good idea and there were people nearby but that didn't register in his brain. The only thing he could think about was this small kitty right here.

Pet pet.
There was Intermediate Transfiguration. Septimus reaching to grab it down from the shelve where the multiple copies of the title were held, taking it down and reading the cover to double check. Yep…the right one that he needed for this year’s classes. So it went in his shopping basket for purchase later when he was through. One down…at least another book to go in his search of the bookstore.

The third year switched to trying to look for the charms book that he would needed, but it wasn’t as obvious a find. He thought the transfiguration book had been near the Third Year books, but none nearby matched. So he let his gaze look around for the sign for the appropriate year, taking a gander at the ones shelved there with still no luck. There were empty spots on the shelves though. Maybe his fellow yearmates had cleared them out? On a whim he decided to see if all the Standard Book of Spells might be shelved together somewhere, wandering off to the starter area and nearly tripping over one of the cats…and a boy.

“Um…sorry,” Septimus apologized as he retreated from the human sitting indian style on the floor just enough to avoid the collision. “Guess you like cats too,” he added, for some reason feeling like a little small talk was needed after nearly tripping over someone. It had worked last year when he collided in Floreans last year. Why did he have to pick up that habit to repeat?
Old 08-23-2018, 09:16 PM   #139 (permalink)
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
There was Intermediate Transfiguration. Septimus reaching to grab it down from the shelve where the multiple copies of the title were held, taking it down and reading the cover to double check. Yep…the right one that he needed for this year’s classes. So it went in his shopping basket for purchase later when he was through. One down…at least another book to go in his search of the bookstore.

The third year switched to trying to look for the charms book that he would needed, but it wasn’t as obvious a find. He thought the transfiguration book had been near the Third Year books, but none nearby matched. So he let his gaze look around for the sign for the appropriate year, taking a gander at the ones shelved there with still no luck. There were empty spots on the shelves though. Maybe his fellow yearmates had cleared them out? On a whim he decided to see if all the Standard Book of Spells might be shelved together somewhere, wandering off to the starter area and nearly tripping over one of the cats…and a boy.

“Um…sorry,” Septimus apologized as he retreated from the human sitting indian style on the floor just enough to avoid the collision. “Guess you like cats too,” he added, for some reason feeling like a little small talk was needed after nearly tripping over someone. It had worked last year when he collided in Floreans last year. Why did he have to pick up that habit to repeat?
The smile stayed on Lucas's lips as he continued to pet the kitty. It was a nicer distraction to anything that was going on around him - and gave him the chance to not have to search for his books yet. He couldn't stay here all day - of course he couldn't - but that didn't register in his brain just yet. All he could think about was this kitty and how much he liked petting it and-

OOMPH!

Whaaaaaaaa-?!

Lucas froze. It might have been a small nudge or a trip but to the eleven year old, it felt huge. He just sat there, mid-pet, as he came to the very sudden realisation that he wasn't the only one there. He didn't even realise that the person who'd tripped over him - a boy who looked a little older than he did - was saying something as he just.... sat there.

He looked up, just in time to register that yes, he had said something. He liked cats? Uh. "Yeah.... yeah, they're nice. I didn't know that they'd be in a bookshop." You know, because it was a bookshop. "It's not yours, is it? The cat? I'm, uh... sorry, I was just petting it." Was it getting hard to breathe in here?
Old 08-24-2018, 12:24 AM   #140 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
The smile stayed on Lucas's lips as he continued to pet the kitty. It was a nicer distraction to anything that was going on around him - and gave him the chance to not have to search for his books yet. He couldn't stay here all day - of course he couldn't - but that didn't register in his brain just yet. All he could think about was this kitty and how much he liked petting it and-

OOMPH!

Whaaaaaaaa-?!

Lucas froze. It might have been a small nudge or a trip but to the eleven year old, it felt huge. He just sat there, mid-pet, as he came to the very sudden realisation that he wasn't the only one there. He didn't even realise that the person who'd tripped over him - a boy who looked a little older than he did - was saying something as he just.... sat there.

He looked up, just in time to register that yes, he had said something. He liked cats? Uh. "Yeah.... yeah, they're nice. I didn't know that they'd be in a bookshop." You know, because it was a bookshop. "It's not yours, is it? The cat? I'm, uh... sorry, I was just petting it." Was it getting hard to breathe in here?
Oops. It appeared as if he not only had nearly tripped over the stranger but startled him. Great going there, Nairne. Gotta be nice to the younger crowd like he would have wanted to be treated, he was getting up there in years, closer and closer to being an upperclassman. Septimus swallowed, debating what to do to right his wrong. Thankfully the topic of cats seemed to be a topic they could both regroup with as the boy answered his question without much struggle.

“Nope…not mine,” he said with a shake of his head. Not to say that he didn’t like cats and all. “Actually it’s one of the shop cats belonging to the store owner I believe,” he informed the younger boy. He doubted most shops in Diagon Alley would be fans of just any student and any familiar randomly roaming around their store. Too much chance of there being a mess made…the cats of Flourish and Blotts at least seemed well trained and behaving.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #141 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3

Quote:
Professional Gobstone player? Dizzy wasn't sure whether to be impressed or horrified. The thought of getting covered in that foul goo made her shudder, which made those willing to suffer it all the more impressive. "I have five. Runa, you'll meet her, she's my twin, but she's pale and blonde and has blue eyes," so you know, they might not appear as sisters at a quick glance, "and then there's Bryn, Arienne, Minette and Gudrun."

The Barns? Dizzy looked at Stasya skeptically. "Really? But...isn't that, um, a bit smelly?" Dizzy got the animal part, sure....well, some of the animals at least, but she could do quite without the smell they seem to get when you house them all together. "Oh, uh..." she looked back down at the book in her hand. "I found a small section in Dutch, but...nothing that seems interesting. Still haven't found any in Icelandic though."
The momentary silence hadn’t gone unnoticed, not really. Of course, it had made Stasya pause a moment, just because she wasn’t certain what had caused it, but since nothing had been said, she also wasn’t sure she wanted to ask. There had been the earlier discussion of the alleged smelly man after all and while she hadn’t noticed anything, it could have been that. “The other four are older, then?,” she guessed. Considering she’d already learned one sister was a wandmaker, she thought it made sense. “I only have my baby brother. He’ll be three in December.” The age difference was noticeable. She knew that, but she knew her family wasn’t exactly normal.

A giggle escaped her at the reaction to her comment about the barns, and the skeptical look on the younger girl’s face. The comment about the man she still hadn’t seen made a lot more sense now. “Just the normal animal smells. Professor Wayland keeps things pretty clean, and even if he didn’t, it’s just creatures,” she replied. It wasn’t as if the creatures could help themselves, and she was used to their smells by now. After four years she figured she ought to be, and she nodded at the continuation of their conversation. “Okay. It’s a start, right?” If they’d found some books in Dutch, it was just as likely they might find some Icelandic ones as well. She’d found a couple in Russian, too.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:14 PM   #142 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Buying books time! Lucas had already had an idea about what textbooks he would need -- most of the books stayed in the same series for each subject, just had to buy the next level of it for the next year. He had a few of them already in his arms and was struggling to go on. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea? Trying to carry five textbooks without help from another person or even a cart was....terribly stupid.

So when he suddenly dropped his stack -- ON A GIRL'S FOOT -- he froze up, his brown eyes suddenly WIDE WITH SHOCK! "Oh...my GODIMSOSORRYOHMYGODAREYOUHURT?!" AND HE WAS CAUSING A RUCKUS IN THE BOOK SHOP.
Anna was lazily looking through her list, still considering where to start when all of a sudden someone basically dropped their entire textbook list on her foot.

The actual books that were on their list, that was. LOTS of them too.

She pursed her lips as her eyes widened and she held her breath, stopping herself from YELPING. Which apparently had been a good thing because the boy himself started to FREAK OUT for having hurt her.

Looking him straight in the eye, she couldn't help but find it funny that his eyes were pretty much as wide as hers now. The poor guy definitely felt bad and she could tell.

Half chuckling while releasing the breath she had been holding, Anna waved a dismissive hand towards him as she pulled her foot from under his pile of books. "It's... okay. I'm alright, don't worry." Ow. OW. That actually hurt. "What on EARTH is in those books!?" She asked, chuckling while lifting her foot high enough so she could massage it a little.

ROCKS or something!? "I bet you're trying to sabotage Gryffindor." She teased, giving him a jokey suspicious look.
Hey Ju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:47 PM   #143 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
The momentary silence hadn’t gone unnoticed, not really. Of course, it had made Stasya pause a moment, just because she wasn’t certain what had caused it, but since nothing had been said, she also wasn’t sure she wanted to ask. There had been the earlier discussion of the alleged smelly man after all and while she hadn’t noticed anything, it could have been that. “The other four are older, then?,” she guessed. Considering she’d already learned one sister was a wandmaker, she thought it made sense. “I only have my baby brother. He’ll be three in December.” The age difference was noticeable. She knew that, but she knew her family wasn’t exactly normal.

A giggle escaped her at the reaction to her comment about the barns, and the skeptical look on the younger girl’s face. The comment about the man she still hadn’t seen made a lot more sense now. “Just the normal animal smells. Professor Wayland keeps things pretty clean, and even if he didn’t, it’s just creatures,” she replied. It wasn’t as if the creatures could help themselves, and she was used to their smells by now. After four years she figured she ought to be, and she nodded at the continuation of their conversation. “Okay. It’s a start, right?” If they’d found some books in Dutch, it was just as likely they might find some Icelandic ones as well. She’d found a couple in Russian, too.
Dizzy nodded, but slightly cautiously. It was always a little awkward talking about her sister's ages, giving the ages between them. People often either didn't believe her when she told them how old Gudrun, her oldest sister was. But it was just normal for her family. "Yes. Um, Bryn, who's the youngest of my big sisters, is 35." Though she'd be 36 in November.

"You have a baby brother?" It slipped out, brimming with the surprise Dizzy felt, before she could stop it. But it wasn't that their ages were so far apart that surprised Dizzy. It was that they were so close together. Stasya had a brother who would be three in a bit. Which means, if Dizzy was guessing Stasya's age right, it would mean Stasya's brother was born when Stasya wasn't much older than Dizzy, and that was still much too young in her mind to be a big sister! At least, Stasya's parents were sensible enough to wait that long, unlike other families where there were only about two years difference between the kids.

Okay, sure, Dizzy knew her family, where Mama generally waited until her last daughter was an adult before having another, wasn't typical, but it still felt normal to her.

Just normal animal smells? Dizzy wrinkled her nose under the collar of her shirt at the thought. "I...um...have a sensitive nose, I guess." Because, as much as she liked animals, the smell of them all together that was barns, was overpowering, and not at all pleasant.

Turning back to the books, Dizzy gave up on the Dutch books. They were mostly crime novels, which were boring in her opinion. "Hmmm...Maybe the Icelandic books will be next to the books in the other Scandinavian languages." Dutch was placed next to the German books, so it made sense. Dizzy scanned the shelves looking for Swedish, or Danish, or Aha! Norwegian! Now to search around it for Icelandic.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #144 (permalink)

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3

Quote:
Dizzy nodded, but slightly cautiously. It was always a little awkward talking about her sister's ages, giving the ages between them. People often either didn't believe her when she told them how old Gudrun, her oldest sister was. But it was just normal for her family. "Yes. Um, Bryn, who's the youngest of my big sisters, is 35." Though she'd be 36 in November.

"You have a baby brother?" It slipped out, brimming with the surprise Dizzy felt, before she could stop it. But it wasn't that their ages were so far apart that surprised Dizzy. It was that they were so close together. Stasya had a brother who would be three in a bit. Which means, if Dizzy was guessing Stasya's age right, it would mean Stasya's brother was born when Stasya wasn't much older than Dizzy, and that was still much too young in her mind to be a big sister! At least, Stasya's parents were sensible enough to wait that long, unlike other families where there were only about two years difference between the kids.

Okay, sure, Dizzy knew her family, where Mama generally waited until her last daughter was an adult before having another, wasn't typical, but it still felt normal to her.

Just normal animal smells? Dizzy wrinkled her nose under the collar of her shirt at the thought. "I...um...have a sensitive nose, I guess." Because, as much as she liked animals, the smell of them all together that was barns, was overpowering, and not at all pleasant.

Turning back to the books, Dizzy gave up on the Dutch books. They were mostly crime novels, which were boring in her opinion. "Hmmm...Maybe the Icelandic books will be next to the books in the other Scandinavian languages." Dutch was placed next to the German books, so it made sense. Dizzy scanned the shelves looking for Swedish, or Danish, or Aha! Norwegian! Now to search around it for Icelandic.
The topic seemed like maybe it wasn’t as innocent as Stasya had believed, but she honestly wasn’t judging anyone. She was honestly just curious, and mostly just because she hadn’t met anyone from essentially the same background as she was, or at least half of her background but then either way, before now the only Icelandic people she’d known, along with the Russians she knew, were related to her. But the hesitation her question had met still made her pause and wonder if she shouldn’t have asked that. “Oh,” she replied, nodding slightly. She was fairly sure Uncle Tobin was around that age, but once again, she couldn’t judge. Not when her family was still the most complicated one she knew.

“I do. Demyan,” she continued, smiling a little. She did love her brother. It hadn’t been his fault that everything else had happened, or at least she was pretty sure it wasn’t his fault. She didn’t think he was why her papa had abandoned them. Technically for the second time, since she didn’t count when he’d been in jail as abandoning them. At least then there had been letters and stuff. Either way, it was why she didn’t really discuss her family with anyone, aside from the few people who knew. Like Professor Hirsch, the Whittebrooks, and her best friends. And she knew the headmistress and Professor Marchand probably knew about her history since she’d said Professor Hirsch could tell them way back when it had weirdly been new. She’d become sort of resigned to the fact she didn’t have a normal family, but she was grateful for all the people she considered family.

A quiet giggle had slipped out as she’d noticed the reaction from her answer about the barn smells. At least, she could guess what the reaction was, and with the previous discussion she could imagine it too. “Maybe. I should probably warn you about Potions class then too.” There were plenty of weird smells there, along with other unpleasant things. She had a complicated relationship with that subject, too, but that was because she still couldn’t resign herself to using creature parts for the most part. It also maybe was why she hadn’t been as bothered by the smell in the shop.

“Maybe,” she added, agreeing with the idea that the books they were looking for might be with the other Scandinavian books. At least, she still felt like she was helping.

« Reference Tome | - »