sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1153 users online including...
IrinaPaive , Austintq , KeithZinue

4 members
1149 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Morgan P. Nickles Era

Morgan P. Nickles Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Morgan P. Nickles [IC January 2094 - December 2096; OOC October 2017 - October 2018]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2017, 08:23 PM   #76 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Cypress had been okay with this meeting. When the man walked in...looked like a total dork, and then announced himself and his stupidly long name, he had been okay. He'd been chill.

But now he was asking them about something he hadn't been gone to. LMAO. "Well..I wasn't there. So. Basically teenagers are a riot and we shouldn't let them near dangerous things ever. Especially not a MONSTER thing." His contributions, so intelligent. Cypress Macnair was basically a genius.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 07-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #77 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

Brighton Brown had been there the WHOLE time standing near the disgruntled looking Flamsteed--he absolutely refused to call him Airey for it was an appalling and ridiculous name--, holding a cup of coffee he wasn't about to drink any time soon. He disliked the taste of coffee only a little less than he disliked having nothing to do with his hands. Often, he felt rather awkward when he just had to stand and listen to things that held very little interest to him. Especially when he'd been nowhere near Britain when the whole thing had, apparently, so poorly gone down.

He looked at the German man blankly as he went on about children and their sensitive minds. It hadn't been that long since Brighton had been a teenager himself but he didn't think he'd ever been foolish enough to go near or a monster. Or a portal, for that matter.

Maybe Hogwarts bred them without survival instincts.

And they were supposed to remember breakups. And sad and good memories. Home life.

He would do no such thing.

"I was not there, either." Merlin had been kind enough to spare him. Also the fact that he was still in Hong Kong at the time completing his degree, of course. "But perhaps they should also hold some sort of meeting with the students, too, and instruct them how to behave around Ministry Officials in case we need to go there again." He said we when he really meant you people. A career change would be NEEDED if he was required to spend an extended period of time with people below the age of twenty. He avoided his sisters for a reason.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:30 PM   #78 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

When it came to things involving children, Addison normally didn't mind. She was a mother and an aunt to many children or various ages. However asking her to remember how things were back when she was a young girl hardly made any sense to her. Times were different then and not to mention each child was different and reacted completely differently to different situations. As with anyone she had both good and bad memories, many friendships, including one that was/and wasn't a friendship for many years while at Hogwarts. That non-friendship had turned into her first and only boyfriend whom was her husband for many years now.

Anyhow she knew and understand what the man was saying but it sounded to her like he was giving the students an excuse to get themselves into trouble and disrespect their elders. Her own son was currently attending Hogwarts so she knew how things were handled there. She continued to listen however while sipping her tea and letting a few others from the department talk first. Only those that did happen to speak up weren't even here last term...

"Well...the main problem I believe we had was a serious lack in communication. We were not told very much before we arrived at Hogwarts and we were only called in because the school staff could not solve the problem...after several students and staff had been taken and were missing for days. As I'm sure you can understand when we did arrive we wanted to gather as much information as she could as quickly as possible in order to help them." Addison paused a moment to look at her department members. This was only a part of what she had to say. She wanted to give anyone else a chance to speak before she might continue.

You are Bread!
Old 07-28-2017, 03:24 PM   #79 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Adam sounds like a grumpy old man!
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Remember his childhood? Bah!!

Adam would rather not. This wasn’t a group therapy session and frankly if it turned into one, Adam was going to walk out. His childhood had been lonely and friendless – filled with family loss and depression. Frankly, the only person he’d ever really had in his life was his father and Eber Gerulf wasn’t the friendliest of men. Oh Eber tried, but Adam and his father just didn’t really – click. His school-life hadn’t been much better. He’d been considered an outcast and a nerd and well – just plain odd. As a result he hadn’t had a social life. Or friends. Or acquaintances. Nobody seemed to care about how ‘delicate’ he was growing up. He turned out just fine. In fact he’d argue he turned out better than fine. The adults in his life had been hard on him. Rules were strict; expectations high. You had a better chance of getting blood from a turnip than seeing him or another Durmstrang student talk back to an adult the way half the kids at Hogmorts had done. Children today needed a little toughing up if you asked him.

Adam shifted his weight around crossing his arms a little as he leaned back. Nobody who was at Hogmorts seemed to want to talk and Adam was not surprised, not one bit surprised. He himself didn’t want to participate. This entire charade was poppycock. Poppycock and propaganda. Something to make it look like the MoM was doing something.

After a moment of silence, Addison began talking. She avoided Dr. Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff’s question, he noted, and wondered if it was on purpose. He agreed with Addison. They hadn’t been told anything going into the situation. In fact, he wasn’t even sure why he had been told to come along as he had simply served as a note-taker. Addison had his scroll of notes (albeit they had been written in German thanks to his translation quill). If anyone wanted to know what he did there, they could look at that scroll. The few people he had talked to at the school had exhibited copious amounts of xenophobia and a complete lack of cooperation. If they had called for their help, as Addison reported, they sure hadn’t seemed to want it upon arrival. He waited for Addison to finish, then taking his boss’s que on avoiding Herr Doctor’s stupid question about remembering his childhood, added in his heavy German accent. “Even ze adults vorking at ze schoul seemed to not know zat ve vere zere phoned to help vith ze…ze…” of course his English would fail him at this moment. “Prob-lemy.”
Old 07-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #80 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

He was looking at all of them with an unamused look on his face. None of them were there, then why had the owl come that they were in need of learning about children? "I see, well from my understanding the ones that were there didn't handle the children in a developmentally appropriate way and I was brought in to help with that. So let's focus on that piece that I was given." He gave an awkward laugh to clear the air and pushed up his glasses. He really couldn't help but laugh at the comment about a meeting with children. "I would love to be a bug on the wall having a meeting with teenagers about their behavior in that situation." Oh would someone have the popcorn?

"You are very correct, children should not be near dangerous things, but Hogwarts seems to find its way there more than it doesn't, but telling children especially teenagers they can't do something is a great way to get them to do it. You have to remember how it was for you, how did you see adults? Even as we grow older teenagers are basically the same. They are changing and trying to be independent and find their self-worth. If they have a lack of developmental age or emotional age this could make things even harder. Now place in a dangerous situation like the one you were called into help with and that is why I'm here." He could tell them that they should have spoken to the children a bit more openly instead of trying to push them aside and demand information, but that wasn't going to get anywhere if he started with that. So he pulled out puppets and placed them on the table.

"Now if you were there and could help with that, I would really appreciate it. If not that is okay this will still work. I want a few of you to grab these teenage puppets and find your teenage self in a very dangerous situation that you aren't being given answers for and now strangers are coming into your home and demanding information you may or may not have. The ones without the puppets you be you, the adult and try to see if you can find a better way to handle the child that you are working with."

See this wasn't going to be all just a boring lecture, that wasn't what he was hoping to do.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:26 PM   #81 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default w e l p *rubs face*
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Airey honestly felt like his head was about to go supernova. He could quite literally feel his patience running out of nuclear fuel and some of the mass of this floooooooow into his annoyance. Annoyance that was going SO heavy that it could no longer withstand its own gravitational force and was on the verge collapse.

KABOOM.

Which was why the man had remained silent during the first question for WHAT in Orion's name was this developmentally appropriate hokum the man was going on about? He even ventured a look at Addison of 'are you bloody kidding me?'. He had important research into the cosmos and the origins of magic in the universe to attend to that would be far more stimulating to his cranium that this.

He himself had arrived at the portal after the majority of his colleagues had,
having gone around to a few other key locations in Hogwarts to do some quick checks on any fluctuations in the magic - such as the Spirit Room -
so he had not been present when the department had first engaged with students. But that was what HE had heard had been the most stressful on the students, particularly those who had just returned. Being treated like a lab rat after emotional trauma and all that, not this 'do not tell teenagers what to do' rubbish this expert was trying to get them to discuss now.

..........and with bloody puppets.

About that heavy annoyance and gravitational force? Oh yeah, it had COLLAPSED.

"Teenagers, or children as you interchange the term with, are far more intelligent than your words give them credit," Airey began as he met the gentlman's gaze with his own cool blues. And no, he was not keen on attempting the man's absurdly long name. "My primary concern when I arrived at Hogwarts following the return of several students who had just been taken by the portal for five days was to keep the students, my own former students, safe. Hogwarts staff themselves reiterated the need to stay away from the portal due to circumstances, so that no more students would be taken. A select few students felt they were above this and chose to twist previous logic and instructions to fit their immediate need and want to remain behind despite the clear risk. If Hogwarts staff had not enabled this behavior further and backed Ministry officials in the request that all students, regardless of age, be taken away from the portal to safety, well, the majority of the situation would have produced different results."

Sweet solstice.

"It is my understanding," he continued, rising from his seat and collecting his Live Long and Prosper mug. He paused and offered Addison an apologetic glance - but only a fleeting one. He wasn't TRULY sorry. He was aggravated. "...from the correspondence I kept with some of my former students that the most uncomfortable mishandlings occurred in treating them like lab rats upon immediate arrival and doing so with a lack of sympathy. Those boys had just been through what will arguably be the most traumatizing experience of their lives and were immediately descended upon for questioning and sample collecting. Not for being told 'no' or 'you can't' in light of a desire to stay behind in a dangerous area to prove some teenage rebellious agenda." As far as he recalled - and it was still rather vivid in the man's mind - only one student had truly insisted.

Taking a small step away from the table, he paused and gave the puppets another look. Nope. NOPE. Not happening. He could suffer a pay deduction or whatever Addison felt his opinion on the subject warranted.

"Now if you will excuse me, I need to use the loo."

And with that, the astronut made his way towards the door to the break room and was OUT of there.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
Old 07-31-2017, 03:08 PM   #82 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM
Sea Serpent

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emeric Grant
Mysteries
Mommy of 3 <3 <3 <3

Merlin's Beard!!! What in the bloody world was happening right now. Reliving his childhood... that would be a big ole NOPE ... Emeric had all he could do not to loose his mind. He would not be telling total strangers about his life .... not a chance... and Addison ... dear Addison why would she do this to her department.

Then again ... it probably wasn't her fault, and Emeric was sure she had no idea what in the world was happening either. "If you'll forgive me Doctor" Emeric started and then realized there was not a chance he would be able to pronounce the man's last name so he just left it. "I was not present for the umm... 'situation' I guess you could call it." Clearly there was a lack of communication, but a whole lot of people were suffering in this department for in Emeric's opinion was nothing. "I don't think playing with puppets is going to help the majority of us understand a situation we were not even part of."

Emeric had just watched a fellow employee walk out of the room due to the stupidity of this assignment ... he was more than half tempted to join him.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:50 PM   #83 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

OOoooh Beowulf got excited to hear from someone that was there, but he had a million questions. "You have a child psychology degree? That is wonderful, so then you can help me explain to the rest that a 16-year old that is 16 at an emotional age, at a developmental age, and at an academic age is something that is wonderful to have. So if you did encounter a group of those type yes you would have higher level thinkers and possibly more mature students, but in many cases, students are not that. All those parts of a person even an adult can be very different. So just for an example, an adult in his forties might be in his forties, but he might be at an emotional age of 19 which would make him more immature than most his age and he wouldn't be able to handle things the same as others. " He pushed his glasses up that kept falling before looking into his bag, "I have some papers on how the developmental ages work and how they can change based on a person. " He laid those out for anyone who wanted them.

He was getting nowhere with this group and he was starting to think they placed him in the wrong place if it wasn't for them saying about Hogwarts.
"The papers that came to me said that I was to speak to the mysteries department on how to communicate and better understand children.
These activities I have for you today I do with all my parenting classes,
foster classes, and college courses. It helps get adults in the mindset of what children can be like and to help find different ways to deal with situations, not just one. "
He had no clue what the man was speaking of about rebellious behavior, but they could talk about rebellious if they had time, but he had outlines and plans, plus a time limit.

Now the man was leaving. "Okay yes, you can head that way, but please come back. I think you will be a very important part to this with your knowledge. If you are feeling ill or anything.." He was speaking to the full group as well as the man at the door, "I do have one on one sessions that can be done for this mandatory training that was sent to me from your minister and department head." Now that was something Beowulf did enjoy doing one on one sessions. He liked to get to know people.

"Speaking of one on one, can we all get name tags so I don't have to call everyone him and her." That would be awesomesauce if they could. "That is okay if you weren't there. This training is going to help from here to the future on how you handle other situations that might involve the youth of our community. It might even help you deal with some adults. So please just go ahead and give the first activity a try."

He would take a puppet and help as well if that made them feel more comfortable.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:41 PM   #84 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

This was absolutely absurd now. Reliving childhood memories was one thing but now playing with puppets was a whole other ballpark. A puppet was not going to teach them how to deal with a child or a teenager, being around those age groups might however but that was not happening...today. Nor was anyone walking away. Addison's gaze traveled onto Airey as he spoke and it was very clear to see the older mans annoyance in the situation, a situation this Doctor clearly didn't fully understand either.

"Airey, I need you to return afterwards, take a few minutes to yourself and come back. We can discuss things after this training if you like." Actually that went to anyone sitting here. Should they want to discuss this later with her they were welcome to but upon notice of the Minister they were all going to sit here. If she had to sit here then so did they.

The fact that she had children of her own wasn't brought up nor did she move to get herself a puppet just yet. Clearly whatever she was saying wasn't being heard so she would not be repeating herself. As for name tags they didn't have any in this department. Right now she couldn't even get a handle on what was being said, blue eyes traveling over her department members. "Those of you that were not there, I know you all feel that you should not be attending this but I request that you all stay. Those of you that were at Hogwarts I'm sure you know already what happened there and are in disagreement with this as well but as a department we are all going to sit here. If there's a problem you can come to me after."

Now getting back to the Doctor, Addison let out a breath. "We do not normally wear name tags here, however if you have any they will wear them." As for this training... "All of you grab a puppet. Whatever is meant for us to do here this afternoon...we will do." Like it or not. Either then can comply and get this done and over with or they could deal with her later.

You are Bread!
Old 08-01-2017, 04:38 PM   #85 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

His first instinct was to follow Flamsteed out except without giving anyone a single explanation but there were several flaws to that plan. He didn't have the same leverage Flamsteed presumably had, having been in a Mysteries employee for less than a year. And also because Addison Anders had decided to put her foot down.

And it didn't seem like there was any room to dispute anything with the man with the long name, either. Brighton stared, flatly, and silently went to retrieve a... puppet for himself.

Four years. Four years in Hong Kong avidly studying; sleepless nights, frustrated tears, a tantrum or ten--that's what all his time had amounted to. It had lead to this.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #86 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

The tension was strong here, it didn't need to be pointed out as Val remained sitting quietly. He was taking in everything with a case of boredom. He wasn't welcoming in the trip down memory lane, despite never heading to Hogwarts he was quite aware on how different teenagers were and how cruel some could be regardless of any situation. Everyone else had expressed his views on the matter so there was no need to speak from him.

As for the puppets.. well, his older colleague Airey was already out of here. Val turned his head to watch before drifting back to the others talking. He was not a people person over time, which led his thinking to this experiment being a waste of time. However, he was reminded on his young one who had a thing for puppets that got him willing to break out of his comfort zone occasionally. Val didn't say a word before getting up to retrieve a puppet. How long could he remain unspeakable today? It was testing him now.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:49 PM   #87 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Yes, yes now this was better. People were going up to get the puppets. Good, good! "Very good, now with this activity the puppets just are helping you get into a character. You are a teenager that has been stressed with school, friends are missing, you aren't getting all the answers you want, and on top of that maybe you have very personal things going on or maybe you don't. You can decide that part, but now strangers are coming into your school asking questions and taking over. How would you react? What would you do? If you don't have a puppet you are yourself going into this school. How could you handle these preteen and teenagers?"

He did enjoy this activity when people would give it ago. The things people would learn from it was always amazing, but this group didn't seem very involved and he hoped that would change. He'd hate for any of them to have to do one on one sessions if they could learn everything at this training. "Now one you've done some of the activity we will come back together and discuss and then your department head and I will show you one good way of dealing with children in a crisis situation."
Old 08-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #88 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Good. Addison silently watched as those in her department got up and collected themselves a puppet one by one. Right now all the women could think about was the department completing this training session as a group and than being finished with it. They would prove that they could come out victorious no matter what anyone may think about them.

What? Addison looked at the doctor slightly puzzled. Was she supposed to be the puppet or was she reacting to this puppet? Yes, she did understand the questions that were being asked and they made sense however what she couldn't figure out was the purpose of this puppet. "What form is this puppet supposed to be taking?" she asked voicing her confusion. Sorry everyone else but yes, this women sometimes didn't fully understand things as well. Not to mention she was getting a headache and starting not to feel all that well but that wasn't to be spoken of right now. She did however lift her mug of tea and take a sip before speaking once more.

"What I mean to say is... is this puppet meant to be me during my teen years or is this puppet the adult that has come in to question me?" That made sense, yes? It did in her own head so hopefully so. Wouldn't it just be easier to play it out in groups? One of them the teen and another the adult?

You are Bread!
Old 08-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #89 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Good. Addison silently watched as those in her department got up and collected themselves a puppet one by one. Right now all the women could think about was the department completing this training session as a group and than being finished with it. They would prove that they could come out victorious no matter what anyone may think about them.

What? Addison looked at the doctor slightly puzzled. Was she supposed to be the puppet or was she reacting to this puppet? Yes, she did understand the questions that were being asked and they made sense however what she couldn't figure out was the purpose of this puppet. "What form is this puppet supposed to be taking?" she asked voicing her confusion. Sorry everyone else but yes, this women sometimes didn't fully understand things as well. Not to mention she was getting a headache and starting not to feel all that well but that wasn't to be spoken of right now. She did however lift her mug of tea and take a sip before speaking once more.

"What I mean to say is... is this puppet meant to be me during my teen years or is this puppet the adult that has come in to question me?" That made sense, yes? It did in her own head so hopefully so. Wouldn't it just be easier to play it out in groups? One of them the teen and another the adult?
Oh goodness me Beowulf thought to himself as he looked around at the adults just sitting there. At times he would like to simply observe and figure out what developmental age adults sat in.
Especially when it came to introverts versus extroverts and if he was going to give a guess he would guess most of Mysteries was filled with awkward in their adolescent's introverts. Not that we were judging, Beowulf himself was one of those awkward introverts that took that awkward and made it into a career of studying developments and figuring out why we are the way we are.

Ah a question... good... good

"The puppet is to be a teenager in distress, one that had just had the traumatic experience many of those faced last year. I asked you to think of your own childhood because so many of us sometimes forget what it was like when we were children and how many more issues these teens face today. Having a moment to think about our own childhood at times can be a lightbulb moment when remembering at 13, 16, even 19 at times the littlest things could feel like the end of the world and we would act just in that way. As adults, it's not the end of the world and we realize that. For a child as well as a teenager a breakup, a bad grade, a friend fight could set them off so think about all that and then throw the stress and danger that you were called to help with into their lives. The puppets are any type of teenager you wish to playout. " That was winded, but his passion was coming through, he hoped it would help and people would start being a bit more social now to give it a go.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #90 (permalink)

DoM & DERP
Slytherin Slytherin
Knarl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Armand Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Damien Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Armand Erikson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Slade Erikson
Mysteries
Slytherin by heart

Slade looked around at those with the puppets and thought back to his teenage years. While he could be rebellious at times, he was also tightly controlled as his father had taught them from a very young age. But when he thought of Aiden... Aiden was another matter entirely. But Aiden was also quite the follower. Usually following Natasha. Now Natasha, that was a free spirit. But he also didn't know if he could place himself into the shoes of a girl. Their teenage years also weren't that long ago, so that was helpful. But if he really thought about it, the most useful child in this situation would likely be Kyle, their youngest brother. He was 12, not quite bold and brash, but not quite controlled, either. And he was shy around adults he was not familiar with. Yes, Kyle would do nicely.

Slade took up a puppet once he had decided on his persona and took a deep breath. Okay, so Kyle wasn't a teen, but Slade still felt he was the best choice. "Ms. Addison said we should each grab a puppet, though you had mentioned those of us without one should be the adults. Should we ro-sham-bo to see who gets to be the adult and who gets to be the teen first?"

Old 08-14-2017, 07:21 PM   #91 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Ah, okay. Now she fully understood what was being asked of them all. However before she could start in on her own little assignment with this here puppet she was holding Slade spoke up. What he was asking made sense and Addison looked at the puppet a moment. Working with someone else taking turns in being the teen or adult sounded more appealing then talking to herself as a puppet.

"Slade, I'll work with you. Do you want to be the teen first?" She asked turning her chair a bit to face the younger man. This wasn't nearly as silly and having someone she didn't know well react to what she said was much more of a learning experience in her mind. Perhaps the doctor could coach them both through it if he so choose to do so.

You are Bread!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #92 (permalink)

DoM & DERP
Slytherin Slytherin
Knarl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Armand Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Damien Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Armand Erikson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Slade Erikson
Mysteries
Slytherin by heart

Slade nodded. He just had to be like his little brother, right? He was certain he could make up some circumstance that would be frightening to the boy, as he wasn't at Hogwarts during the portal ordeal. "I suppose it would make sense if you started, as though you were approaching me about something that had happened."

Old 08-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #93 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Default anyone wants to work with this grump?
Wowza!

Brighton refrained from rolling his eyes. If he did, he was sure they'd either get stuck the opposite way or dramatically pop out for the whole break room to see.

It was actually a fairly tempting thought, if he was honest. At least they'd have to disregard the puppets.

He looked at around at his colleagues, none looking particularly enthused about the... group activity. Group activity.

Good Merlin.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #94 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Addison turned her attention onto Slade so they could begin this little fake act they needed to accomplish, taking note of Brighton out the corner of her eye. Why was he doing nothing? She lifted her hand gesturing for the man to join both Slade and herself. Might as well turn this into a group activity for the three of them.

She waited the few moments for Brighton to come sit with her and Slade. Let's make this fun and see what happens... things could get interesting if they both reacted differently. "Let's have you both be the kids then?"

You are Bread!
Old 08-17-2017, 07:26 PM   #95 (permalink)

DoM
Veela

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerissa M. Tate
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brighton H. Brown
Mysteries

x8
Wowza!

Brighton had sort of been hoping to just blend into the background at this point and was, possibly, considering a disillusionment charm to make his wish a reality. But Addison Anders was not letting any of them off the hook, apparently, and it was a monumental effort to keep himself from sighing.

He chewed the inside of his cheek as he headed over towards her, face otherwise impassive. "Slade and I can be the teenagers, yes."

This made sense to him. Anders wasn't old, exactly, but--

--well.

He started moving the puppet and without changing neither his expression and keeping his voice flat, he said, "I can't find my favourite tie and wow the world might be OVER now." That had been one of is concerns when he'd been a teenager, anyway. And still was sometimes, honestly. It remained a source of great distress to have an incomplete outfit, sorry.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #96 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Beowulf was very disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm from the group, but he wasn't surprised. This was what he got in many cases until the end when they learn things and realize what they did wasn't that bad. He could only imagine if he wasn't here what they would have done to get the parents off the Ministry and Hogwarts backs. He at least assumed they had people down their backs to be doing this training.

He would partner up with anyone that may need one, but for now he was going to stand back and watch. He couldn't help but laugh as the one man said about a tie, "Good, very good, this had certainly ruined your day." Teenagers could be so dramatic and he was glad they were getting into character.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #97 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

It wasn't at all that Addison was disinterested in this training session...it was more the fact that she was annoyed that it was forced upon them. Not to mention that this group activity wasn't going so well. Anyhow her head was back in the game and she was going to complete and conquer this task.

Perfect. Slade and Brighton were the teens and she would be the adult. Now that they had their 'parts' selected it was time to move on. Brighton's performance was fair from amazing but it got the point across that was for sure. Now it was her turn to try to be understanding and helpful to this 'kids' day who was now so very clearly ruined by his 'missing tie'.

"The day isn't ruined, Brighton. How about you describe the tie to me and I help you find it?" she asked calmly her tone light and edged with a warm smile. It reminded her of how she spoke to Koen, her son, when he couldn't find something at home. In the end the young pre-teens missing item almost always showed up and the crisis was averted.

You are Bread!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:20 PM   #98 (permalink)

DoM & DERP
Slytherin Slytherin
Knarl

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Armand Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Damien Beta-Erikson
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Armand Erikson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Slade Erikson
Mysteries
Slytherin by heart

Slade looked at his puppet. What sort of crisis would Kyle be upset about? Well, there was a rather recent thing that had been on his mind at home, and their father was doing something about it last he checked. "Forget about his tie," he said, doing his best Kyle impression, "my healing spells were horrible this year and if I don't fix it by next year I might just die!" There, that seemed rather appropriate for the boy. Of course, Kyle hadn't said those exact words, but he was certainly acting like he was going to.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #99 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ecological Protection
x12

Just like that, Addison's attention was being pulled away from Brighton and onto Slade with his 'crisis'. This was just like being at home with her husband and babies. Someone always needed something and whatever was needed was always so much more important than whatever it was she was already doing or needed to be done. A slight grin tugged at her lips and the blonde shifted around in her chair to look fully at Slade.

"I assure you that you won't die. We can work on those healing spells together and get your performance in them where it should be, if we practice hard enough you might even get ahead in them," she replied softly giving him an encouraging smile.

You are Bread!
Old 08-31-2017, 05:37 PM   #100 (permalink)

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default kayquilz or if someone else wants to play
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

The British and their feely-whampy-pampy mushy stuff! Adam huffed; yes huffed. It was enough to make him want to go home to Germany. This was stupid. The whole thing was stupid. The entire project was stupid. The instructor was definitely stupid. And at the moment Adam felt like his co-workers were stupid for agreeing to do this.

He wished he didn’t need this job or he’d have walked out with Flamsteed.

Adam tossed the puppet Cypress’s way as he crossed his arms and attempted (and failed miserably) to not glower. Adam was not an angry man. Let Cypress do all the talking. It was something he was good at. In fact, Adam wasn’t even sure he could speak English at the moment. It took a lot for him to lose his temper and this…this – activity was just beyond the personal limitations of his intellectual capacity. Maybe if he mimed his way through this, he could get out of here without blowing his top.