sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1616 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Evapjj , Evawwv

3 members
1613 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019

Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Default Maize Maze

Looking for a grand way to spend an afternoon? How's about grabbing a friend and getting lost in the maize maze? The corn is of course put to good use by the elves when they come into season so you are being asked not to damage them but do feel free to run about in the passages trying to find your way to the other side. There's little worry you'll be bored after you've mastered the maze as the paths change every day, making for a new entrance and exit every time.

It's not likely the Groundskeeper will patrol this maze night and day so it is also expected that you behave appropriately. Trust is a dangerous thing to betray and in any case adventuring through a maze beats snogging any day.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Patrick was just about to pass the maze on his way back to the castle when he noticed Anna standing outside. He looked it over and was just about to say forget it and walk away. "You think people really enjoy getting lost in that thing? I haven't heard much about it yet." He crossed his arms over his chest looking at the corn that was all to familiar to him as it surrounded his family farm back home.
Anna was still looking around the maze, studying the corn's height and whatnot, when she heard someone speaking. There was no one else out there with her, so she supposed the voice - who she knew well by now - was indeed talking to her.

"'m not sure about enjoying it, but..." She turned around to smirk at him. "...but to be fair, I think it does sound fun." She finished, looking back at the maize maze and considering it. "I mean, it definitely sounds better than the Potions essay." Anna chuckled, sending Patrick another glance before fully turning to faze the maze again.

Spreading her arms out, she looked up at the thing in front of her. "Look at this!" She said enthusiastically before looking at him over her shoulder. "Doesn't it remind you of home?" The Gryffindor asked him, an amused smile on her face.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!
Old 02-01-2019, 10:17 PM   #27 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Anna was still looking around the maze, studying the corn's height and whatnot, when she heard someone speaking. There was no one else out there with her, so she supposed the voice - who she knew well by now - was indeed talking to her.

"'m not sure about enjoying it, but..." She turned around to smirk at him. "...but to be fair, I think it does sound fun." She finished, looking back at the maize maze and considering it. "I mean, it definitely sounds better than the Potions essay." Anna chuckled, sending Patrick another glance before fully turning to faze the maze again.

Spreading her arms out, she looked up at the thing in front of her. "Look at this!" She said enthusiastically before looking at him over her shoulder. "Doesn't it remind you of home?" The Gryffindor asked him, an amused smile on her face.
Patrick balked, “you really think this sounds fun?” Glancing back at the maze he looked skeptical. “Well I guess you’re not wrong. The potions essay hasn’t been making me feel the love.” he laughed knowing that he needed to finish it over the weekend.

He watched as she spread her arms out looking at the field, “oh yeah.” Extending his arm out toward the corn he pointed, “that stuff hurts when you’re running through it or picking it.” He glanced back at the corn wondering what exactly was so fun about that. “However mazes aren’t that bad.”
Old 02-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Patrick balked, “you really think this sounds fun?” Glancing back at the maze he looked skeptical. “Well I guess you’re not wrong. The potions essay hasn’t been making me feel the love.” he laughed knowing that he needed to finish it over the weekend.

He watched as she spread her arms out looking at the field, “oh yeah.” Extending his arm out toward the corn he pointed, “that stuff hurts when you’re running through it or picking it.” He glanced back at the corn wondering what exactly was so fun about that. “However mazes aren’t that bad.”
"I do, yeah!" She said, grinning. Laughing at his comment on their Potions essay, she stepped back to be at the same distance from the maze as him. "You let me know when you meet someone who actually enjoys Potions, okay?" Anna snorted, looking back at the maze in front of them.

The Gryffindor Captain sort of stopped listening as he went all nerdy with his farm boy talk, and as soon as he extended his arm to point something out, she grabbed it and dashed off running into the maze. Oh, he had said it hurt running through it. LOL! It DID, FLIPPIN' HECK! HAHA! But it was FUN!

"Ow!" She exclaimed, laughing and lifting her free hand up in front of her face to protect herself as she ran. It wasn't as bad as there was an actual sort of path thing they could follow, so no corns actually hitting them smack in the face. "Close your eyes, I bet you won't be able to find your way out when I let go!" She was proper running, alright. Like, for real. All that training last year had made her a pretty good sprinter, though that wasn't her specialty. "And you won't have your broom to help you either!" She added, laughing.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
Old 02-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection

Patrick felt Anna run off with his arm in her hand. Of course she was running off into the corn with him behind her. OOOF He mumbled as more leaves whipped him in the face. Of course she didn't listen to him. "You don't like to listen to a word I say do you?"

He was keeping up with her, close his eyes? WAS SHE MAD?! he refused to close his eyes for anything.

Slowing down his walk and dragging her back a few paces. "Bet if you closed your eyes you wouldn't be able to find your way out either." He laughed back at her, "you tell me how to get out?" he kept hold of her hand trying to make sure that she didn't get too far away from him.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Patrick felt Anna run off with his arm in her hand. Of course she was running off into the corn with him behind her. OOOF He mumbled as more leaves whipped him in the face. Of course she didn't listen to him. "You don't like to listen to a word I say do you?"

He was keeping up with her, close his eyes? WAS SHE MAD?! he refused to close his eyes for anything.

Slowing down his walk and dragging her back a few paces. "Bet if you closed your eyes you wouldn't be able to find your way out either." He laughed back at her, "you tell me how to get out?" he kept hold of her hand trying to make sure that she didn't get too far away from him.
Anna laughed, still using her free hand to protect her face as she ran further and further into the maze. At Patrick's remark about her not listening, she... basically continued to run. "I do, but what's the fun in that!? I'll tell you: none whatsoever!"

The fifth year was half expecting for them to eventually arrive at some sort of centre of the maze, an area slightly more spacious, but nope. Nothing of the like seemed to be anywhere near them. Right. So... did that mean there was no real centre or were they just... actually lost?

Well. Ha!

The girl laughed again when he said she wouldn't be able to find her way out either if she closed her eyes. "Not sure I'll be able to do it with my eyes open either, to be honest." She said, looking around and using her free hand now to see if pushing some of the plants away would work. Nnnnnope. They wouldn't budge. Hm. Interesting.

Another thing that was interesting was Patrick still holding her hand. It made her feel something funny in her chest, but she tried to ignore it for the time being. It was nice and warm, though.

Right, NOT what she was trying to focus on. She turned around to face him. "Besides, you can't use my line on me! I challenged you first!" Anna used her index finger to poke his chest. "That means I want to see if you can do it. You're the one used to this type of environment anyway!" She grinned.

Merlin, it was nearly claustrophobic there. Good thing she didn't have a problem with that type of thing. A broom would've been helpful, though, now that she had mentioned it.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:12 AM   #31 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Anna laughed, still using her free hand to protect her face as she ran further and further into the maze. At Patrick's remark about her not listening, she... basically continued to run. "I do, but what's the fun in that!? I'll tell you: none whatsoever!"

The fifth year was half expecting for them to eventually arrive at some sort of centre of the maze, an area slightly more spacious, but nope. Nothing of the like seemed to be anywhere near them. Right. So... did that mean there was no real centre or were they just... actually lost?

Well. Ha!

The girl laughed again when he said she wouldn't be able to find her way out either if she closed her eyes. "Not sure I'll be able to do it with my eyes open either, to be honest." She said, looking around and using her free hand now to see if pushing some of the plants away would work. Nnnnnope. They wouldn't budge. Hm. Interesting.

Another thing that was interesting was Patrick still holding her hand. It made her feel something funny in her chest, but she tried to ignore it for the time being. It was nice and warm, though.

Right, NOT what she was trying to focus on. She turned around to face him. "Besides, you can't use my line on me! I challenged you first!" Anna used her index finger to poke his chest. "That means I want to see if you can do it. You're the one used to this type of environment anyway!" She grinned.

Merlin, it was nearly claustrophobic there. Good thing she didn't have a problem with that type of thing. A broom would've been helpful, though, now that she had mentioned it.
He watched her try to protect her face and wondered what made her so determined to run through the corn. “Honestly, it’d be less painful.” he scoffed as he continued to follow her through the corn.

She was honestly ridiculous. He couldn’t tell where they were in relation to the beginning of the maze. He couldn’t tell if they were even getting closer to the center of the maze either. He was really beginning to think they were lost and it was all. Her. Fault.

”With the way you’re running through here it wouldn’t surprise me aaatt all if you couldn’t find your way even with your eyes open.” He he was wondering why she wouldn’t slow the heck down. He just wanted to stop feeling the leaves of the corn whipping his face. He tugged her hand again pulling her back some.

He looked down at her as her index finger pointed into his chest. Oh she challenged him first… He would let her see it. “So I should just leave you in this field and find my way out then? he said standing closer to her than he should have.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #32 (permalink)

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
He watched her try to protect her face and wondered what made her so determined to run through the corn. “Honestly, it’d be less painful.” he scoffed as he continued to follow her through the corn.

She was honestly ridiculous. He couldn’t tell where they were in relation to the beginning of the maze. He couldn’t tell if they were even getting closer to the center of the maze either. He was really beginning to think they were lost and it was all. Her. Fault.

”With the way you’re running through here it wouldn’t surprise me aaatt all if you couldn’t find your way even with your eyes open.” He he was wondering why she wouldn’t slow the heck down. He just wanted to stop feeling the leaves of the corn whipping his face. He tugged her hand again pulling her back some.

He looked down at her as her index finger pointed into his chest. Oh she challenged him first… He would let her see it. “So I should just leave you in this field and find my way out then? he said standing closer to her than he should have.
"No fun!" She repeated because she he was clearly being stubborn.

Anna listened to his logical skills in action as she looked around. "I know, that's the point!" She laughed, shaking her head at him. "Don't you Slytherins know how to have fun?" She asked, scoffing. Was he mad because he had been whacked in the face with too many corn leaves? HAHA!

Amused, she was.

OoooOOOOoooOOOoooohhh. She forgot all about the awkward hand holding business as soon as he stepped closer and pretty much challenged her. "Are you trying to intimidate me??" Anna snorted, placing her fists on her hips. She liked a challenge, see, she couldn't help it. It had now lit a fire in her belly, what could she do? Go with it, of course. "You think you can find your way out before I do, do you?" She asked with a smirk, trying to step taller and failing because he was so flipping tall to do better at her mock-intimidation, but knowing fully well it'd never work. She needed her broom to be able to truly intimidate anyone, truth be told.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:12 AM   #33 (permalink)

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection

”Oh yeah I’m just captain no fun.” she thought he was stubborn but really she just couldn’t stop to smell the roses and be calm.

Did Slytherin know how to have fun? Of course we did. We just didn’t willingly run through the uncut corn path in a cornfield. That was poor planning. “Honestly we do. I just don’t think that being whacked in the face is anyone’s idea of a good time.”

He had no idea how she found this fun or amusing. He watched her step closer trying to challenge him. Oh she wanted to go. “I think its time we have a good ol footrace.” he grinned letting go of her hand and crossing his arms over his chest. He prepared himself to take off in a moment, “I challenge you that I can actually make it out of the corn before you.”

He got ready to run. He was going to beat him. “Or do you think you’ll lose?” he hoped he had her pegged correctly for wanting to accept the challenge.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:31 PM   #34 (permalink)

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood'sLittleFlower View Post
Eamon's eyes darted down, down to where Indigo's arm had brushed along his. He stared for a long moment, jerking his head back up quickly once he'd realized he'd been still for too long, a sheepish look rising and warm cheeks to match.

"Uhhhhh...." Distracted? Yeah. What was the question?

His feet kept moving down the path Indigo had chosen as he wracked his brain for the question. Oh. Right. "Um... same as you, I guess. Just kind of looking for some peace and quiet.. somewhere to think and just.. be." He stole a quick glance at the other boy, gaze falling to the ground again almost as quickly as it had come up. "Or maybe to not think, if that makes sense? Just some mindless choices? Left, right, right, left. Just to see what happens."
Indigo noticed the way Eamon looked at where their arms had touched, and he noticed the flush of his cheeks. How that made him feel wasn't as obvious. For now he just ignored those things that he was feeling because ignoring his feelings was easier than dealing with them. He'd deal with it later. Probably. Maybe.

He found himself nodding along to what Eamon was saying before he even really processed that he was speaking. He forced himself out of his own thoughts so he could listen instead. "Yeah, that does make sense." Their lines of thinking had been pretty similar, which was something that Indigo was finding happened a lot. Him and Eamon thinking along the same lines. It was one of the reasons he liked hanging out with him. He felt that they were fairly similar in a lot of ways.

"Which way?" He asked when they came to an intersection. He was also trying to think of other things to ask, to keep the conversation flowing. "So, uh, how's your year been going so far?" Seventh year. Eamon was a seventh year which meant things like NEWTs, and graduation at the end of the year.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DIMC

Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Archer de Leon
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive Gracae-Ryans
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Clara Rider (née Wilde)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Riley Archer de Leon
Mysteries
Default For Lissy/Nettie
Little Fox | ½ of Lauralie | Ravenclaw with a Hufflepuff heart and a Gryffindor soul | #HouseNATARIANA

It wasn't exactly the warmest day today. Hogwarts seemed to be in that in-between winter and spring stage. It was sunny.....but the air was cold, which was deceiving.

But Tessa didn't want to be stuck inside any more.

After walking the grounds for a while, she passed the Maize Maze. She usually walked right past it. After all, she had completed it before in previous years, so the novelty of it had worn off. However, today she felt drawn to it, for some reason. Maybe it was the shadows that were being cast...or...who knows. Whatever the reason, Tessa decided she had nothing better to do and entered the maze, letting herself get lost.

You are Honey!

Last edited by natekka; 02-24-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by natekka View Post
It wasn't exactly the warmest day today. Hogwarts seemed to be in that in-between winter and spring stage. It was sunny.....but the air was cold, which was deceiving.

But Tessa didn't want to be stuck inside any more.

After walking the grounds for a while, she passed the Maize Maze. She usually walked right past it. After all, she had completed it before in previous years, so the novelty of it had worn off. However, today she felt drawn to it, for some reason. Maybe it was the shadows that were being cast...or...who knows. Whatever the reason, Tessa decided she had nothing better to do and entered the maze, letting herself get lost.
Nettie was still not entirely sure WHY there was a corn maze at Hogwarts. But it was interesting - they certainly didn't have it at Hogwarts, according to Jimmy and Royland. It made the school unique. You know, aside from all the death that seemed to surround the place.

Despite it still being February, the weather was rather mild and definitely perfect for a stroll outside. She needed it - with all that she had on her brain lately, some fresh air would do her good. She walked in to the maze and stared up at the sky, admiring the clouds and watching the far off Whomping Willow as it twitched in the wind.

Lost in thought, she turned a corner annnnd...OOF!

Walked RIGHT in to someone.

She blinked and took a few steps back. "OH! I'm sorry..." she muttered under her breath. Wow. Embarrassing!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid