sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1161 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Methrenhow , Vikijuq , Kimothy , Svetldec , GordonAcime

7 members
1154 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era > 2098 Quidditch World Cup

2098 Quidditch World Cup Held from June - August, the pinnacle of the wizarding world’s most popular sport is underway! Legends will be born and hearts will be broken, but will it be England or India that claims the Cup?!

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 02-27-2019, 01:58 PM

Default Camping Area

Ah the camping grounds. Your World Cup experience isn't complete until you've pitched your tent alongside thousands of other World Cup patrons. Better grab a spot quick, all the good ones tend to go fast, and you'll wanna leave yourself enough room between yours and the other tents.

This is a place to relax between games and share the highlights with your fellow fans.

Let's remember to keep things amicable. Disagreements happen all the time but all out brawls won't be tolerated. The Department of Magical Law Enforcement will be patrolling the grounds. They'll handle any situations that break out in the camp--please do not attempt to handle certain situations on your own. Taking the law into your own hands is not likely to end well. Have a problem? Report it to one of the officers.

The tents stretch for what seems like miles, but don't worry, the appropriate charms will keep this zone muggle free. In the distance, you can see the stadium, where all the magic happens.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:46 PM   #26 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

She was really enjoying checking out the crowd and had struck up a conversation with a SINGLE man who wasn't a grandad or an infant so he might well have been the love of her life. And then all of her future plans with him were gone. Because of a bloody meerkat. Ms. Eliora Dodderidge, Department Head of Accidents and Catastrophes, commanded her way through the crowds gathering in the stands and the entire way through to the camping area. (A camping area that she had discussed in detail with her department in the planning stages for this summer)

With a tut on her approach, she realised that not only were they dealing with a muggle, but she was being left to deal with aurors in training. Oh, how she loved a trainee. Oh, how they drove her wild. Oh how she needed more coffee in her system to not make a snarky comment in their directions purely for disturbing her flirt. Eliora gave a look to the baked goods on the floor, crouching down to put those on the ground back onto a nearby tray and gave an apologetic smile to the young woman selling them. "Any income you've lost to the floor, send a receipt to my office. I'll cover it. Apologies for the lack of care given by my friends in training here." Once the tray was full once more, Eliora straightened up and gave it back. She knew what it was like to be earning on your own and how being easily dismissed changed your day.

See, look, she did care about more than herself.

Looking at the 'friends' she had just claimed as her own (and also disclaimed in the look she was giving), Eliora placed her hands on her hips and gave a soft-eyed look at the older gentleman being physically handled by the lad. "Hands off. Let him sit down." With a point towards Ava, she spoke again. "Tell me what we have and why there's a scene being caused." Before heads rolled.

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Shanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
AY. FINALLY.

With a grin, Beau grabbed a snack or five from the food table, kissed his Aunt's cheek and headed out with Spar on his arm. "Mate, you gotta stop holdin' me. Peeps are gonna think we're an item. And that's more than weird." So he tugged his arm away and offered one of the snacks he had grabbed. "I hope your Mum is in charge of food for this camping trip. My Mum is only thinking about all the players she knows and can tell about her new surname." Vom vom and vom. Beau was already over it, of course. He didn't even care that she had gotten remarried or that she still wanted a new baby when he was supposed to be her baby. No, no, not bothered at all.

"aLRIGHT. So. I'm thinkin' that we find a lass or five and we follow 'em around. But we could ALWAYS get my skateboard and skate on the floor to see things better." He was full of the best ideas.

"And we don't mention Evie or Afrika. Ite?"
"People aren't that stupid. I'm dragging you by your sleeve." Nevertheless, Sparrow slackened his grip and let Beau shake himself free. Honestly, if Beau thought dragging someone by their sleeve likened them to a couple... Well, maybe there was a reason Evie wasn't officially his girlfriend or whatever.

Spar took a snack, though, because food. "Dunno. Probably, she's got a billion people to look after," he said with a shrug. So it wouldn't surprise him if his mum had added 'feeding everyone' to her ridiculous to do list. Yeah, it was cool that West had bought all the Stemp House kids tickets, but he was staying out of the way when Lorelai needed help.

Nodding along and not really paying attention, Sparrow tilted his head to one side as something Beau said did strike a chord. "Yeah, about Afrika... Should I have invited her? I kinda forgot and like, there's already a billion people for mum to look after -" Had he mentioned that already? "- and I s'pose we can't spend allllll of our time together, right? But reckon she'll be annoyed?"

Hang on, had Beau just said something about not mentioned Evie or Afrika?

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:13 AM   #28 (permalink)
Dufftown Muggle
Puffskein

WHAT.

Archie nearly fell out of his chair and choked on his muffin when the rude girl's boyfriend harnessed a pair of....ghosts??? from a stick?? "What in the devil...?" he sputtered indignantly. "What kind of sorcery....?" He pointed an accusing, wrinkled finger at the young man, unable to voice clear, coherent thoughts, he was so shaken!

"Unhand me, you hooligan!" he bellowed at the young man, clearly impersonating as an officer of the law. He just performed some black magic summoning of the spirits; no way did he think he was a reliable authority figure. Besides, he was doing nothing wrong to warrant the police to need him for questioning. He was simply trying to enjoy a muffin and figure out where he was.....

But before he could say anything else, another lovely young woman entered the scene. She was beautiful and kind, and reminded Archie of his granddaughter, which calmed him just slightly (even if he was still indignant!). "Thank you, young lady," he replied brusquely to her as she attempted to handle the rude couple. "It's nice to see that some people still know how to respect their elders." And he could tell her EXACTLY what was going on here. Rudeness and sorcery!
Archibald Greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:18 AM   #29 (permalink)

DMLE & MO
Pixie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
Default but you know who you are (and yeah, short post oops)
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Hadn't really thought by her that what Ronan had done was quite... extra. Probably because her fellow YATI (NOT her boyfriend, thank you very much) here was known to act extra but also he was good with what he's doing so Ava should've seen it coming. When the old muggle was refused to be grabbed by her partner, she apologized to him. "I'm sorry about my friend, sir. We don't mean to do any harm with you." She didn't need to show either her wand or badge to him. "We just want to ask you some questions because you seemed lost."

Good, now the department head of Accidents and Catastrophes was here. This woman should know how to handle this case since she's far more experienced and any of them here. "Sorry, Miss Dodderidge." Ava spoke up in low voice to the woman. "I suspected he's a non-magic who accidentally got here by portkey, and I asked Carter to keep an eye on him." Just a suspect and it wasn't proven yet. Somehow Ronan was 100% sure that this old man here was muggle, perhaps he had seen him around or something because she had no idea.

"Is there anything we should do?"

It's a fairytale evening, and you want the entire event to be totally dazzling and
a real experience with the friendliest people around you.
RandomRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

DMLE
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Default *Referring to the 'incident'*
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Ursula was sitting on her bed inside her spacious tent when she began to hear a vast amount of noise outside. "What the Merlin is going on?" Ursula muttered under her breath as she stashed her wand discreetly in her pocket so it was invisible and ventured outside.

There she spotted a few of her fellow Ministry workers including her boss along with a rather grumpy elderly Muggle. She decided to keep her distance for the moment. Ursula was certain that if her help was needed that she would be summoned.
Ginevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #31 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Default And mentions of Mr Muggle
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Not too far from where she's standing, Ava saw a familiar old face, literally and figuratively.

"Professor Newton!" She greeted the old man. Even though he's no longer the professor but he's always been for her. That guy was her former potion master and also her head of house when she was still a spunky teenage Gryffindor girl. "It's Ava Burton, sir. I was your student, a Gryffindor." Just in case the old man had forgotten since it's been a long time she saw him. Probably on the last day of her fifth year or so, she didn't recall.
Art was just hammering the last of his pegs in when he heard something that made him feel quite nostalgic.

Professor Newton.

He looked up and over at one of his students, and a young Lioness. "Miss Burton," he said, a warm smile spreading on his face. He definitely remembered this little prankster. "H-how have you been??" He wanted to ask more questions, always interested in the goings on of his past students, but there was a little commotion. If Art didn't know then, he watched as the now grown Miss Burton involved herself in the situation with, he assumed, a muggle. She and others around her took control of the situation, and he made quite an assumption that she now worked for the Ministry. Perhaps within Magical Law Enforcement - what other department would be taking control of these incidents. Accidents and Catastrophes, perhaps? "D-don't suppose I could b-be any er... any use?" he asked his ex-pupil. One old man to another, perhaps?

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:31 AM   #32 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Default too much to quote... but muggle incident
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

He was still too shook to realize how his actions might be taken by others. I mean, a reminder of the second worst day of his Hogwarts career (the top spot was very much taken by the Inferi) shows up at an event he happened to be working? Oh, and said reminder just so happens to be a muggle? In an area where all sorts of magic was going on? Ronan pretty much felt like he had acted in the right here and he didn't appreciate Dodderidge simply dismissing he and Ava like that. Instead of letting his anger the best of him, however, simply adopted a bored look before looking the department head up and down. She was sure full of herself despite the fact that a rock could do her job, if there were enough force behind it. Granted, it might take a few extra memories with it....

It was when the old man spoke that he realized that he himself had just done the thing that he was trying to prevent the muggle from seeing others doing: magic. He let out a single curse before pulling his arms back and letting out a "Sorry," directed at the man.

"I recognized him from the Dufftown incident back in 2095. He was one of the Muggles...." he explained. She knew the one he was talking about, right? The one where the Williams siblings basically tried to expose their world to the muggles? Though, then he had been but a Hogwarts student.

Also, if he knew Ava's thoughts right now, he would be wounded. For one thing, a bit of extraness never hurt anyone. Also, what was so objectionable about dating him?

You are Salt!
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:54 AM   #33 (permalink)

DoM & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Narcissa Hensley
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emma Ferguson
Law Enforcement
Mysteries

x6 x4
Vanessa the Snot Girl l Rachels Rule | rock,tumble,&roll ❆ adorable coffee bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Nico already had a few ideas on what she wanted to paint. She was considering the view of the pitch mid-game, or maybe the pretty lights at the food and merchandise stalls, or even just that random group of Quidditch enthusiasts huddled in a circle playing Exploding Snap by the tent beside hers. Her favourite thing about art was definitely perspective. Anything can be art if one had enough inspiration for it.

She scribbled down her ideas on the topmost corner of her sketchpad just in case she forgot about them, which she usually did. Nico also considered her personal deadlines for her portfolio too because she had a lot of other requirements to think about. Life after Hogwarts, she realized, was kind of scary.

Before she could overwhelm herself, Nico heard a familiar voice from afar and she looked up to see that it was Lili. Her friend's presence came as no surprise to her because she knew the blond was a Quidditch fan and the new U-17 captain. "Hiiii Lili! Come sit with me!" she beamed at the Gryffindor before scooting to the side and patting on the space on the blanket beside her. "I like your hoodie!" She was dressed for the occasion, indeed!
Quidditch really was one of Lili's favourite things. It had been her favorite sport for practically her entire life. She figured that was probably because her Mom had been a professional player. The sport was practically in her blood. IT just made her even more excited for the actual game today. She hoped England won, because that would be just so cool. She found it really inspiring. These players getting to play for their country. Deep down one of her ambitions was to eventually play for her country herself. But that was a long way off. She had to finish school first.

But today was for adventures, and good quidditch. It made her excited. "comingg" she giggled as she moved towards her friend and then flopped onto the floor. She hadn't seen Nico for a while, so it was really cool to come see her. She missed her friends when they weren't altogether in the castle.

"Thanks" She giggled, tugging her hoodie close to herself. She loved it, and she was going to treasure it forever. Soon she wouldn't be on the team anymore, and that was sad. But she was looking forward to seeing where her Quidditch career took her next. "How are you?"

But we want to say. Before we drop the curtain. Nothing is for sure. Nothing is for certain
RachieRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:13 AM   #34 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yukie Selina Rasting
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieRu View Post
Quidditch really was one of Lili's favourite things. It had been her favorite sport for practically her entire life. She figured that was probably because her Mom had been a professional player. The sport was practically in her blood. IT just made her even more excited for the actual game today. She hoped England won, because that would be just so cool. She found it really inspiring. These players getting to play for their country. Deep down one of her ambitions was to eventually play for her country herself. But that was a long way off. She had to finish school first.

But today was for adventures, and good quidditch. It made her excited. "comingg" she giggled as she moved towards her friend and then flopped onto the floor. She hadn't seen Nico for a while, so it was really cool to come see her. She missed her friends when they weren't altogether in the castle.

"Thanks" She giggled, tugging her hoodie close to herself. She loved it, and she was going to treasure it forever. Soon she wouldn't be on the team anymore, and that was sad. But she was looking forward to seeing where her Quidditch career took her next. "How are you?"
Nico came for the Quidditch Cup for a good match, and she believed that both England and India would deliver. Matches at Hogwarts were always super fun, but bringing things to a professional and international level was definitely going to be even better. "Did you come with anyone?" The badger assumed it would be family cos she knew Beau played too, so that was likely. Too bad Nico couldn't bring her parents and little brother here since they were muggles.

She waited for Lili to sit and she placed her sketchbook on her other side so she didn't crumple up any pages. And once Lili was close enough, Nico spread her arms for a hug because why not? She also hadn't seen the blond in a while. She hoped things were okay with her!

"I'm good! I'm here with Hawke but I wanted to stay behind to work on a few portfolio things." But now that Lili was here, she could spare time for her! Nico didn't mind. "What about you? I hope you're having fun here! The world cup is soooo different from Hogwarts matches." Definitely lots of people but it was still so so so much fun.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...
Kimothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

DMT & DMGS
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maggie Woods
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Levi Jourdan
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Hwang Minji
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Finlay Bracken
Transportation
x4 x2
Default all of you *gestures* muggle adjacent peeps
PHILOMATH ❅ not one atom, but two ♪ ♪ made of starstuff ❅ def main():

It all seemed to happen very slowly for some reason. Usually these things were over quickly, but Zara noticed every little detail. Ava, for starters! She saw her former classmate recently at Daisy's wedding, and never imagined she'd see her again so soon and on official business too. If the situation wasn't so alarming, she'd have told her the role of auror looks good on her.

Then a woman she didn't recognise appeared out of nowhere, and Zara assumed she was a ministry official of some sort which scared her even more, until the woman bent down to pick up her pastries. "Oh!! N-no, it's okay! I mean, thank you so so much!" Zara stammered as she started doing the same for all the Quidditch themed baked good who had met an unfortunate end at the hands of that other auror. She wasn't fond of him at all.

Zara quickly learned two things: the woman was not from the Auror department, and her name was Dodderige. She would try and remember that, and send her a basked of goodies later, as a thank you. The woman had decided to be kind to her even in the midst of- a muggle??

Oh.

Oh.

Zara silently berated herself for not recognising a muggle, seeing as she was a muggle born herself. But before she could get her bearings and perhaps offer anyone some more water, Professor Newton of all people showed up! ... This was a weird day!! "Professor!" Zara exclaimed, walking over to him. Yes, he was a comforting sight. If nothing else, Zara had always been able to trust her professors. "I'd offer you some cupcakes but they're all ruined now," she gestured at the grass, where the results of all her hard work still was. The former Hufflepuff sighed. One would have thought the man had been a dark wizard with the way that auror had reacted. Her baked goods were innocent! Apart from the bludger ones.. They had a kick to them.

_____________I could still change the end
Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:01 AM   #36 (permalink)

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
"People aren't that stupid. I'm dragging you by your sleeve." Nevertheless, Sparrow slackened his grip and let Beau shake himself free. Honestly, if Beau thought dragging someone by their sleeve likened them to a couple... Well, maybe there was a reason Evie wasn't officially his girlfriend or whatever.

Spar took a snack, though, because food. "Dunno. Probably, she's got a billion people to look after," he said with a shrug. So it wouldn't surprise him if his mum had added 'feeding everyone' to her ridiculous to do list. Yeah, it was cool that West had bought all the Stemp House kids tickets, but he was staying out of the way when Lorelai needed help.

Nodding along and not really paying attention, Sparrow tilted his head to one side as something Beau said did strike a chord. "Yeah, about Afrika... Should I have invited her? I kinda forgot and like, there's already a billion people for mum to look after -" Had he mentioned that already? "- and I s'pose we can't spend allllll of our time together, right? But reckon she'll be annoyed?"

Hang on, had Beau just said something about not mentioned Evie or Afrika?
"You can drag a boyfriend by his sleeve. Lauren has to drag Dad away by his sleeve when they're in shops sometimes." Their dynamic still puzzled Beau, but he no longer questioned it because Lauren was cool and took him to music festivals and she made Dad happy. He shot a grin at his cousin when he let him go and gave his arm a dramatic shake as if he were relieved.

With a shrug, Beau took a bite out of one of the cauldron cakes he had grabbed. "Y'Mum 'as got way 'oo many chil'ren." Biological and not. Aunt Lori needed a hobby that wasn't collecting kids. Or raising kids that were annoying. (*cough* Jorgie *cough*)

Ugh. Rly Spar? Beau gave the other Gryffindor a shove. "Didn't I say no talking about Evie or Afrika? This is a fella weekend. Guys only. No girlfriends or not girlfriends in my case."

SPOILER!!: Muggle madness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald Greer View Post
WHAT.

Archie nearly fell out of his chair and choked on his muffin when the rude girl's boyfriend harnessed a pair of....ghosts??? from a stick?? "What in the devil...?" he sputtered indignantly. "What kind of sorcery....?" He pointed an accusing, wrinkled finger at the young man, unable to voice clear, coherent thoughts, he was so shaken!

"Unhand me, you hooligan!" he bellowed at the young man, clearly impersonating as an officer of the law. He just performed some black magic summoning of the spirits; no way did he think he was a reliable authority figure. Besides, he was doing nothing wrong to warrant the police to need him for questioning. He was simply trying to enjoy a muffin and figure out where he was.....

But before he could say anything else, another lovely young woman entered the scene. She was beautiful and kind, and reminded Archie of his granddaughter, which calmed him just slightly (even if he was still indignant!). "Thank you, young lady," he replied brusquely to her as she attempted to handle the rude couple. "It's nice to see that some people still know how to respect their elders." And he could tell her EXACTLY what was going on here. Rudeness and sorcery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Hadn't really thought by her that what Ronan had done was quite... extra. Probably because her fellow YATI (NOT her boyfriend, thank you very much) here was known to act extra but also he was good with what he's doing so Ava should've seen it coming. When the old muggle was refused to be grabbed by her partner, she apologized to him. "I'm sorry about my friend, sir. We don't mean to do any harm with you." She didn't need to show either her wand or badge to him. "We just want to ask you some questions because you seemed lost."

Good, now the department head of Accidents and Catastrophes was here. This woman should know how to handle this case since she's far more experienced and any of them here. "Sorry, Miss Dodderidge." Ava spoke up in low voice to the woman. "I suspected he's a non-magic who accidentally got here by portkey, and I asked Carter to keep an eye on him." Just a suspect and it wasn't proven yet. Somehow Ronan was 100% sure that this old man here was muggle, perhaps he had seen him around or something because she had no idea.

"Is there anything we should do?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Ursula was sitting on her bed inside her spacious tent when she began to hear a vast amount of noise outside. "What the Merlin is going on?" Ursula muttered under her breath as she stashed her wand discreetly in her pocket so it was invisible and ventured outside.

There she spotted a few of her fellow Ministry workers including her boss along with a rather grumpy elderly Muggle. She decided to keep her distance for the moment. Ursula was certain that if her help was needed that she would be summoned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
Art was just hammering the last of his pegs in when he heard something that made him feel quite nostalgic.

Professor Newton.

He looked up and over at one of his students, and a young Lioness. "Miss Burton," he said, a warm smile spreading on his face. He definitely remembered this little prankster. "H-how have you been??" He wanted to ask more questions, always interested in the goings on of his past students, but there was a little commotion. If Art didn't know then, he watched as the now grown Miss Burton involved herself in the situation with, he assumed, a muggle. She and others around her took control of the situation, and he made quite an assumption that she now worked for the Ministry. Perhaps within Magical Law Enforcement - what other department would be taking control of these incidents. Accidents and Catastrophes, perhaps? "D-don't suppose I could b-be any er... any use?" he asked his ex-pupil. One old man to another, perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
He was still too shook to realize how his actions might be taken by others. I mean, a reminder of the second worst day of his Hogwarts career (the top spot was very much taken by the Inferi) shows up at an event he happened to be working? Oh, and said reminder just so happens to be a muggle? In an area where all sorts of magic was going on? Ronan pretty much felt like he had acted in the right here and he didn't appreciate Dodderidge simply dismissing he and Ava like that. Instead of letting his anger the best of him, however, simply adopted a bored look before looking the department head up and down. She was sure full of herself despite the fact that a rock could do her job, if there were enough force behind it. Granted, it might take a few extra memories with it....

It was when the old man spoke that he realized that he himself had just done the thing that he was trying to prevent the muggle from seeing others doing: magic. He let out a single curse before pulling his arms back and letting out a "Sorry," directed at the man.

"I recognized him from the Dufftown incident back in 2095. He was one of the Muggles...." he explained. She knew the one he was talking about, right? The one where the Williams siblings basically tried to expose their world to the muggles? Though, then he had been but a Hogwarts student.

Also, if he knew Ava's thoughts right now, he would be wounded. For one thing, a bit of extraness never hurt anyone. Also, what was so objectionable about dating him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
It all seemed to happen very slowly for some reason. Usually these things were over quickly, but Zara noticed every little detail. Ava, for starters! She saw her former classmate recently at Daisy's wedding, and never imagined she'd see her again so soon and on official business too. If the situation wasn't so alarming, she'd have told her the role of auror looks good on her.

Then a woman she didn't recognise appeared out of nowhere, and Zara assumed she was a ministry official of some sort which scared her even more, until the woman bent down to pick up her pastries. "Oh!! N-no, it's okay! I mean, thank you so so much!" Zara stammered as she started doing the same for all the Quidditch themed baked good who had met an unfortunate end at the hands of that other auror. She wasn't fond of him at all.

Zara quickly learned two things: the woman was not from the Auror department, and her name was Dodderige. She would try and remember that, and send her a basked of goodies later, as a thank you. The woman had decided to be kind to her even in the midst of- a muggle??

Oh.

Oh.

Zara silently berated herself for not recognising a muggle, seeing as she was a muggle born herself. But before she could get her bearings and perhaps offer anyone some more water, Professor Newton of all people showed up! ... This was a weird day!! "Professor!" Zara exclaimed, walking over to him. Yes, he was a comforting sight. If nothing else, Zara had always been able to trust her professors. "I'd offer you some cupcakes but they're all ruined now," she gestured at the grass, where the results of all her hard work still was. The former Hufflepuff sighed. One would have thought the man had been a dark wizard with the way that auror had reacted. Her baked goods were innocent! Apart from the bludger ones.. They had a kick to them.

Eliora knew that she had employees nearby, if they had been where she had asked them to be. So she could call on them if needs be – she trusted them more than the employees from other departments that she wasn’t familiar with. And wanted to string up by their baby toes. Was that possible? A training exercise perhaps? Maybe she’d suggest it later on.

She spared a glance towards Ava when she explained briefly and quietly and nodded. So this Carter kid had been asked to keep an eye on an individual. And, instead, had chosen to go down the route they were currently sailing down. The stupid route. The dramatic route. The least quiet route. She chose not to respond in a hushed tone, because the suspected Muggle was around and the whispering and secrecy had already clearly agitated him. ”Thank you. I’d like for you to go and let Alexa know that we have a guest that isn’t on the list, please. She must be caught up with something if she didn’t receive the fax.” Loosely translated as: get your boss, because I don’t want to kill one of her employees without her permission. Ugh. Muggle things.

Eliora wasn’t planning on giving this Carter kid a second more of her time, but as she looked at him she saw the look he was giving her. The up. And the down. What was it with kids these days and thinking they had the right to look people up and down? To judge? And her Mama bear mode activated. She folded her arms across her chest. ”Oi, Carter, if you value your limbs, I’d reconsider the way you look at a superior. I will twist your eyeballs out of their sockets. With my bare hands and sing you a lullaby when I do it. And if you can’t respect me? Then get away from here. Now. And she finished with a sickly sweet smile before turning her back on him and catching the Dufftown mention. Ah, yes. That. She remembered well.

Eliora continued to smile in the direction of the older man. ”Don’t you worry, sir. They’ll be in social etiquette classes for a while after this.” And although that wasn’t quite the truth, she wasn’t going to go down without a fight about all of her opinions regarding the initial handling of all of this. Children were insufferable. Why was she having to deal with them anyway? Ugh, not supposed to be her problem. Eliora pulled up a chair for herself and took a seat on it. ”We’ll get this all straightened out in just a minute. Security at festivals are just… something else, aren’t they? My name’s Eliora, what’s yours?”

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________

Shanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #37 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Default *imitates crashing sound*
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

For the record, Ronan knew exactly how to respect elders that actually deserved it. This woman didn't. At all. Especially with her threatening him, a soon-to-be-auror, like that. Though, he kept these thoughts off his face, sticking with the bored look. Seemed to properly tick her off. Giving her another proper up and down, he replied leisurely yet matter-of-fact, "I wonder what the Minister would think of one his ministers threatening staff members, especially when said staff member is not one of their own? I know if he doesn't have anything to say about it, the French will, considering I am still considered a citizen despite living over here..." He kept his own language as muggleized as possible, but the threat was clear. And just to stick the flaming poker in deeper, he took another bored up-and-down look at her before muttering "Basic." in French just barely loud enough to hear and taking a seat.

Man, and certain Brits thought he was difficult to deal with....

You are Salt!
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 02:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
Dufftown Muggle
Puffskein

Well, at least the rude kiddos were apologising. Archie supposed that was something and it was the first step towards respecting their elders. But he was still eyeing the supposed sorcerer suspiciously. There was something funny going on here!

And too much arguing between the youngsters. It was giving him a headache! "Ah, right," he said slowly to the pretty young miss who reminded him of his granddaughter. Eliora. "A festival....?" He looked around at the campground. How did he get here again? And just what sort of festival was this?

"You can call me Mr. Greer." It was important to use an old man's title and not assume first name basis. "But I really should get on my way home." Which way was that again, and why didn't he have his cane?
Archibald Greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #39 (permalink)

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Betony April Meadowcroft
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanners View Post
"You can drag a boyfriend by his sleeve. Lauren has to drag Dad away by his sleeve when they're in shops sometimes." Their dynamic still puzzled Beau, but he no longer questioned it because Lauren was cool and took him to music festivals and she made Dad happy. He shot a grin at his cousin when he let him go and gave his arm a dramatic shake as if he were relieved.

With a shrug, Beau took a bite out of one of the cauldron cakes he had grabbed. "Y'Mum 'as got way 'oo many chil'ren." Biological and not. Aunt Lori needed a hobby that wasn't collecting kids. Or raising kids that were annoying. (*cough* Jorgie *cough*)

Ugh. Rly Spar? Beau gave the other Gryffindor a shove. "Didn't I say no talking about Evie or Afrika? This is a fella weekend. Guys only. No girlfriends or not girlfriends in my case."
Sparrow hesitated, thinking of all the times he'd spend with Afrika, and then about his elder brothers and sisters who had more experience with the whole relationship thing. Although he was pretty sure his girlfriend had never dragged him by the sleeve, it did seem like a very Saffron thing to do.

But were Saffron and Albert the norm? Sparrow wasn't exactly sure. He guessed they argued more than mum and dad, but not that much, really. He was thinking about all of this so much that he didn't really pay attention to Beau talking much about the whole dragging thing.

His own mouth full of cauldron cake, Sparrow finished eating before he spoke. "Yeah, but they make her happy." And having a happy mum was really wonderful. His mum was just SO generous and nice and wanted everyone to feel like they deserved love and, honestly, he wasn't really all that soppy but Spar did think that was the mark of the best kind of person.

"Why isn't Evie your girlfriend? Are you dating other people? Is she dating other people?" Yes, Sparrow was ignoring his cousins attempt to not talk about their respective girl-people things, but Spar couldn't help but be curious.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽

Harron Peasley is offline   Reply With Quote