sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1178 users online including...
IrinaPaive , Austintq , KeithZinue

4 members
1174 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Diagon Alley Archive > Middle Era Diagon Alley > Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Sugarplum's Sweet Shop Wizarding children love Wizarding candy, but Sugarplum's has something for everyone. Don't be shy, come and try!

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 12-12-2016, 08:02 PM

Default Sugarplum's Candy Displays

Graphic by Anna Banana

Just beyond the door to the lovely candy shop in Diagon Alley lays shelves among shelves of different types of wizarding candy imaginable. Everything is labeled, so it shouldn't be too hard to find what you're looking for. There comes a time when someone picks up way too much candy than they can carry. No worries! A stack of baskets have been placed near the last shelf on the right, and anybody is welcome to use them if they need something to put their candy in.

Some items have been placed on the very high shelf. If you happen to need something from the top shelf and can't reach it, don't hesitate to notify the shopkeeper. He's more than happy to help you. It's better to get help than to try to reach the candy and make a mess! If you do happen to make a mess, make sure you fix it. Though the shopkeeper would have seen it already, he'd like to see that you didn't leave precious candy on the floor. He might be behind the counter, but his excellent sight allows him to see every single thing going on. Mhhm.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:08 PM   #301 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Stella felt really bad about his candy, she knew if she had alot of candy like this, she'll be upset and cry. Ok...was that a bit childish? Yes...but hey she was still a kid and still young. Not to mention love was candy and candy is love, that's every kids motto. She would've been upset if her fudge and chocolate frogs were all over the place, now she thought about it her chocolate frogs were on the floor. But she wasn't worried about that, she was more concerned about helping this kid that lost all his candy or most majority. She nodded. "Is it that noticeable?" she asked biting her lip. "My dad gets me the fudge here all the time, but this is my first time in here." she said helping him with the mess.

He didn't look mad, just sad and upset about it and honestly she couldn't blame him. He lost quite a bit of candy due to their bump in with each other. " Sure no problem, I heard you needing one, too bad I was too late." she said frowning. "Derren that's a cool name, well what a interesting way too meet each other, I sure won't forget it." she said chuckling. She nodded. "That's good, that's a relief but those pranks things looked pretty cool." she said looking at them.
Derren had calmed down more by the time he had separated the savageble candy from the ones that wasn’t good anymore. ”I’m sorry.” as he picked up more of the fudge off of the floor. He only just now realized that not only was his candy on the floor but so was the girls. Now he felt really bad too. Although he chuckled at her question. ”Maybe just a little.You have never been here before!” He tilted his head curiously at her.

How did a kid, live a childhood and never been to this candy store? It wasn’t like she had grown up with muggles since her dad got her fudge here before. Anyway he was glad that she had gotten him a basket now. He should have grabbed one when he came in in the first place. ”Thanks for that.” Had he already thanked her? He couldn’t remember if he had. ”Yeah they are. It’s fun.” He looked around. Maybe he could use the ruined candy to make his own prank candy. ”Can I get you some more fudge to replace what you lost?” Maybe they could replace the rest of their candy too.

You are Bread!
SarcasticStrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:40 PM   #302 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Stella who was helping separate the candy, didn't even notice she lost some of her fudge until he showed it to her. Hey...it was just a piece of fudge, wasn't like she was really going to miss it right? Although she felt bad for wasting money, but it was an accident right, surely the shop keeper would understand right? Although she never seen the shopkeeper she just hoped it wasn't a old man that would chase them out with his cane, she shivered slighty she still had memories of that. Probably why she didn't go to the candy store by her house anymore, she remembered when she was seven and she dropped a gumball on the floor that she already gotten with her money and he flipped his switch and chased her out of the store with his cane.

Stella shrugged it off. " Hey it's ok, not like I can't replace it just hope that I don't get chased out of the store by a old man and his cane!" she said biting her lip looking around. Nope no grumpy old man with a cane, she was good and safe. Phew... thank goodness for that, that one time was enough to last her a lifetime. Stella shook her head. "No I haven't, my first time in here at all although I been to Diagon Alley countless of times with my father, he never stopped here it was all busines he says he brings down bad witches and wizards. "she said shrugging. Although she was a half blood having a mum who was muggleborn meant she did alot of things muggle, including going to a muggle school.

If she wasn't in school and allowed she would've been here, but due to her adventurous ways, her parents didn't like her to go off on her own and kept a close eye on her. Her parents weren't that far away, they knew where she was at and quite frsnkly it was annoying, here she was about to be going to Hogwarts she wasn't a baby anymore. She nodded and smiled. "Sure no problem, was just helping out a fellow sweet toother." she said laughing at what she said. Fellow sweet toother, what was that? whatever it was it was funny to her. Stella titled her head curiously looking at them, she seen prank things before, but not like this they looked cool. Although now that she looked at them, they looked like normal candy good thing she knew that them were prank candy. "That's ok I didn't lose as much as you, but maybe you can show me what's good around here?" It all looked good, she didn't know what to all get, she sorta wanted it all but the licorice wands.

Last edited by Granger Danger; 08-19-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Granger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:48 AM   #303 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
"Yummy sweets, yummy yummy sweets. I want to eat... all of you," Hanna hummed as she looked up at all of the sweets available to purchase. Her parents didn't always want to send her sweets, so she planned ahead to TAKE all the sweets with her. She planned to buy some fudge for the train, but she didn't like stale fudge. Unless she could learn a food-keep-fresh charm. That might be something to work on... She got EXTRA fudge, in hopes of experimenting on it. Bertie Bott's, yes she needed those....
Generally people probably didn't start off school shopping with looking for candy, but Madison didn't really care; she wanted to do things HER way, and food was what she was in the mood for. That, and it would help her get a little more familiar and comfortable with things if she was in a place that a lot of people her age frequented.

Of course she had gone around Diagon Alley a little with her parents once they had settled into their new home, but as far as getting school supplies, she wanted to do it HERSELF.

Madison liked being independent.

Entering the shop, she looked around curiously before her eyes landed on a girl who was grabbing some fudge. There was a lot of candy in her basket as well. Honestly she had no idea how somebody could eat THAT much, but it wasn't her place to say anything and maybe they could become friends; she wasn't going to blow that chance. Besides, the candy DID look pretty good and maybe she could help her choose some... Yep, that sounded like a plan, Madison thought as she made her way over. "Hey there... Um, could you tell me which candies are the nicest?" Because surely this girl knew if she was grabbing so much???
Old 08-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #304 (permalink)

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Default Dorian!
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

"What? You never know with some people. Maybe you don't like you're name and want to change it," Rylee shrugged a playful grin tugging at her lips now followed by gentle laughter. There was nothing wrong with not liking your own name. She on the other hand loved her name!

Nods fast. "Uh-huh and a small lake too." Couldn't forget that part even if she didn't go in it anymore until Rian cast a ton of charms on it to prove nothing could harm her. There was lots they could do there if he was able to come for a visit.

"Yup. I can give them to you if you get to visit before summer is over.... or I can owl them to you?" Unless he didn't mind waiting until they returned to Hogwarts. She wasn't sure how many chocolate frog cards she could give him but she did know it was a couple at least. All of her doubles always went to Reese first unless he didn't want them then either Stefan or Drew got the others if they didn't have them already.

Dorian insisting he would pay her back made her smile. He sounded like her big sister and mum. Always pay someone back if they loan you something. "Alright, alright." She giggled. There was no sense in arguing about it.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #305 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhittyBitty View Post

Generally people probably didn't start off school shopping with looking for candy, but Madison didn't really care; she wanted to do things HER way, and food was what she was in the mood for. That, and it would help her get a little more familiar and comfortable with things if she was in a place that a lot of people her age frequented.

Of course she had gone around Diagon Alley a little with her parents once they had settled into their new home, but as far as getting school supplies, she wanted to do it HERSELF.

Madison liked being independent.

Entering the shop, she looked around curiously before her eyes landed on a girl who was grabbing some fudge. There was a lot of candy in her basket as well. Honestly she had no idea how somebody could eat THAT much, but it wasn't her place to say anything and maybe they could become friends; she wasn't going to blow that chance. Besides, the candy DID look pretty good and maybe she could help her choose some... Yep, that sounded like a plan, Madison thought as she made her way over. "Hey there... Um, could you tell me which candies are the nicest?" Because surely this girl knew if she was grabbing so much???
Hanna looked over as she heard a voice asking about candy. "Mmm I mean, they all are!" She scanned the shelves and her basket. "Are you more into chocolate things or... sugary things?" Granted they all DID include sugar. "I love fudge but I think it goes hard too quickly." She loved the soft squishy fudge. "And I loooooove fizzing whizbees." She had a big bag of those in her basket. "What are some of your favourites? The Bertie Bott's Ever Flavour Beans are fun, except when you get the really yuck ones. But then you can just rinse the flavour down with some fudge or something."

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move
Jessiqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:16 AM   #306 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5

Quote:
Stella who was helping separate the candy, didn't even notice she lost some of her fudge until he showed it to her. Hey...it was just a piece of fudge, wasn't like she was really going to miss it right? Although she felt bad for wasting money, but it was an accident right, surely the shop keeper would understand right? Although she never seen the shopkeeper she just hoped it wasn't a old man that would chase them out with his cane, she shivered slighty she still had memories of that. Probably why she didn't go to the candy store by her house anymore, she remembered when she was seven and she dropped a gumball on the floor that she already gotten with her money and he flipped his switch and chased her out of the store with his cane.

Stella shrugged it off. " Hey it's ok, not like I can't replace it just hope that I don't get chased out of the store by a old man and his cane!" she said biting her lip looking around. Nope no grumpy old man with a cane, she was good and safe. Phew... thank goodness for that, that one time was enough to last her a lifetime. Stella shook her head. "No I haven't, my first time in here at all although I been to Diagon Alley countless of times with my father, he never stopped here it was all busines he says he brings down bad witches and wizards. "she said shrugging. Although she was a half blood having a mum who was muggleborn meant she did alot of things muggle, including going to a muggle school.

If she wasn't in school and allowed she would've been here, but due to her adventurous ways, her parents didn't like her to go off on her own and kept a close eye on her. Her parents weren't that far away, they knew where she was at and quite frsnkly it was annoying, here she was about to be going to Hogwarts she wasn't a baby anymore. She nodded and smiled. "Sure no problem, was just helping out a fellow sweet toother." she said laughing at what she said. Fellow sweet toother, what was that? whatever it was it was funny to her. Stella titled her head curiously looking at them, she seen prank things before, but not like this they looked cool. Although now that she looked at them, they looked like normal candy good thing she knew that them were prank candy. "That's ok I didn't lose as much as you, but maybe you can show me what's good around here?" It all looked good, she didn't know what to all get, she sorta wanted it all but the licorice wands.
Well he was starting to feel better for a while that was until Stella had mentioned the old man, what old man. Like the owner? Was the owner a old man? Didn’t this shop get a new owner or under new management or something? Anyway he was kind of nervous now. He nodded ”I think we are in the clear… for now.” He teased. He found this girl to be fairly interesting. So she had been around here before. He had zone out for a moment still worried about if the shopkeeper was nearby. He looked up and over at her when she said her dad said the brings down bad witches and wizards. ”Is your dad a auror?” He asked excitedly.

He checked his basket to see what he would need to replace. He’d at least need to make a run around the entire store. That was fine though. He had a new friend to hang out with. Chuckles ”A fellow sweet toother? That’s new.” With a grin he stood up, picked up both of their baskets and offered his hand to help her up off of the floor. ’Now that’s something I can do.”

You are Bread!
Old 08-21-2018, 12:41 AM   #307 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar

Stella kept looking around biting her lip afraid the shopkeeper was going to kick them out of the store, that wouldn't be good. She didn't need another reminder of what happened when she was seven all over again, that was enough to last her a lifetime. But then again this place was magic which was worse, they coild be chased out by broomsticks or so. Ok... now she was thinking crazy, but you never know with magic. " Hey don't tease me, I was chased out of a muggle candy store by a old man and his cane when I was seven!" Now he was a teaser, ah... something she now discovered now that he was ok now. "Don't tell me you're scared of a old man chasing us out of the store now are you?" she asked smirking at him. She nodded. " Yeah he is, I'm very proud of my daddy he's amazing!" she said happily.

Stella laughed and shrugged. " Hey I didn't tell you that I was normal. With a grin she took his hand standing up dusting herself off. " Where do we start first? From what I seen you will have to run around the whole store."

Last edited by Granger Danger; 08-22-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Granger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:34 AM   #308 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Derf wasn't keep count and, well, he was known to take a few samples or two himself and eating them right here in this very shop. Though he had done so in naive ignorance in his younger days, now he just did it without properly thinking things through. Which, well, was a bit of a Derf trademark at times. "I actually prefer Bertie Botts and Fizzing Whizzbees, personally," he nodded. Just, you know, ignore the collection of chocolate frog boxes in his hands which suggested otherwise.

"Oh, uh, Derfael.....Ashburry-Hawthorne...but everyone calls me Derf," he returned as he tried to shuffle the boxes around so he could manage to shake her hand. Which, well, boxes were strung about the floor by the end of said attempting but at least he had managed to be polite and shake her hand? Small victories, the 16-year-old was all about those these days. "Where does Archer come from?" Did she, you know, DO archery?

"I do," he grinned, releasing her hand now so he could start to collect his boxes from the floor. "Be going into my sixth year." And since she didn't know who he was...well...he knew it was a bit egocentric and presumptuous to jump to this conclusion buuuuuuuut he also reckoned it was a safe bet. "....you...gonna be a new students there come September or something?"
Okay, if he preferred Bertie's and Fizzing Whiz-whatevers, then why was he carrying what must be a few dozen cartons of Chocolate Frogs?

Maybe she should've rethought the handshake. Oh well, too late now. Instead, she bent to help Derf pick up his boxes. "It's actually my middle name. My dad wanted to honor his ancestors who had to change their surname from 'Archer' to 'Calrissian' a few decades back, thanks to some nasty falling out with the CIA." Her granddad had never really liked talking about it much. Or at all, really.

Phew. The 'meeting new classmates' thing was getting off to a good start then. Even better, he was around her age. Well, a year ahead, but still. She returned the smile with one of her own. "Yep. Transferring in from Illvermorny, actually. I'll be a fifth year."

You are Salt!
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #309 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5

Quote:
MomStella kept looking around biting her lip afraid the shopkeeper was going to kick them out of the store, that wouldn't be good. She didn't need another reminder of what happened when she was seven all over again, that was enough to last her a lifetime. But then again this place was magic which was worse, they coild be chased out by broomsticks or so. Ok... now she was thinking crazy, but you never know with magic. " Hey don't tease me, I was chased out of a muggle candy store by a old man and his cane when I was seven!" Now he was a teaser, ah... something she now discovered now that he was ok now. "Don't tell me you're scared of a old man chasing us out of the store now are you?" she asked smirking at him. She nodded. " Yeah he is, I'm very proud of my daddy he's amazing!" she said happily.

Stella laughed and shrugged. " Hey I didn't tell you that I was normal. With a grin she took his hand standing up dusting herself off. " Where do we start first? From what I seen you will have to run around the whole store."

Derren was really feeling a bit nervous now, he wasn’t going to lie. The thought of being kicked out of the candy shop made him sad. What if he got banned for life? Yes the eleven year old boy was being super dramatic right now. ”Sorry. You did!” Well now that was slightly interesting. Where muggles that crazy? Mmm… That was a good question was he scared? Nah. ”I don’t get scared.’” Lies.. he was terrified of clowns. Now if there was to be a clown chase them out of the shop that would make him very scared. He might even cry. ”Wow that’s so cool.” Maybe that’s what he would grow up to be too.

He chuckled ”Who is normal? What is normal?” He probably wasn’t normal either. Who was at their age. ”Let’s start from the beginning.” That made sense to him that way he could go around, show her everything and he restock his stache. Problem solved.

You are Bread!
Old 08-23-2018, 01:49 AM   #310 (permalink)

DERP & DMC
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Raine
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryson Blacknight
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar

Stella could tell and sense Derren was nervous, even if he didn't want to admit that he was. She wasn't going to lie, she was a bit nervous herself, she didn't want to be chased out of the store by a old man with a cane. She didn't want to be banned from a place on her first time here, oh...no that wouldn't be good seeing how she loved the fudge here. She nodded. "Yeah... it was enough to be scared of old men with canes." she said shivering. Stella raised her eyebrows at him, what was the deal with boys not admitting they're scared of things, like they were scared it was going to bruise their man ego or whatever. " Oh really, nothing at all?" she asked him smirking lifting her eyebrows still at him as if she knew he was lying. Everyone was scared of something, even if you were sorted into Gryffindor or not, everyone had fears unless you weren't human. She was scared of clowns herself, they were creepy looking, why did parents invite them to parties anyways don't they know how creepy they were? "I know isn't it? I want to be one just like him!" which was true she wanted to be an Auror.

Stella laughed. "I'm not that's for sure, being normal is overrated. she said homestly. She wasn't normal that was for sure, she was a fruit loop in a world of cheerios and she liked it that was. Was she looney as a looney can get? Of course she wasn't, but she was beyond normal. Stella nodded and smiled. "Sure that sounds like fun and a good idea. she said looking around the store.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:43 AM   #311 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Okay, if he preferred Bertie's and Fizzing Whiz-whatevers, then why was he carrying what must be a few dozen cartons of Chocolate Frogs?

Maybe she should've rethought the handshake. Oh well, too late now. Instead, she bent to help Derf pick up his boxes. "It's actually my middle name. My dad wanted to honor his ancestors who had to change their surname from 'Archer' to 'Calrissian' a few decades back, thanks to some nasty falling out with the CIA." Her granddad had never really liked talking about it much. Or at all, really.

Phew. The 'meeting new classmates' thing was getting off to a good start then. Even better, he was around her age. Well, a year ahead, but still. She returned the smile with one of her own. "Yep. Transferring in from Illvermorny, actually. I'll be a fifth year."
All she had to do was ask if she was curious enough for an answer. It would, perhaps, be the first window or door opening up to the peculiarity that was Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne.

"Oh, that's nic----" Or everything WAS nice until the whole mention of the CIA was brought up. Derf was not exactly well-versed in American, but he knew SOME things, like the necessity for sunglasses and loud music, and anything he knew about the CIA had come from the crime and mystery shows that his dad was so keen on. "....the....Central Intelligence Agency? That sounds...dodgy..." he said warily, though there was a clear glimmer of curiosity sparked in his big baby blues.

"Oh ace!" And he because he was incapable of doing two math things at once - presently counting the boxes of chocolate frogs to make sure he had them all again - he decided to ask outright. "You must know some stuff about Hogwarts then, yeah? Came across the pond for the IMPS?" Which meant she had walked the same halls that Valerie Gray had and WITH her.

He wondered what that not-a-Veela-Veela was up to these days. She was never returning his letters.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #312 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9
♥s her SS family l Wifey is MINE | Naughty Niffler l Whittysaur l #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:
Hanna looked over as she heard a voice asking about candy. "Mmm I mean, they all are!" She scanned the shelves and her basket. "Are you more into chocolate things or... sugary things?" Granted they all DID include sugar. "I love fudge but I think it goes hard too quickly." She loved the soft squishy fudge. "And I loooooove fizzing whizbees." She had a big bag of those in her basket. "What are some of your favourites? The Bertie Bott's Ever Flavour Beans are fun, except when you get the really yuck ones. But then you can just rinse the flavour down with some fudge or something."
Wow. This girl sure was enthusiastic about candy.

It was kind of endearing actually...

"I like both kinds?" Madison wasn't super fussy just so long as it didn't taste nasty. She had heard about sweets like cockroach clusters, and she wouldn't eat them for all of the money in Gringotts. "Fudge is nice," Madison smiled and looked at all the different options available. Where would she begin? Was maple nice? Before she could dwell on it further, she was asked about some of her favourites. "Well, I like fizzing whizbees too, and Bertie Bott's too even though they make me a little nervous." One could never really tell with those, and she had some pretty bad experiences in the past. I also like chocolate frogs." Nod.

Scanning the fudge selection, she grabbed a few different kinds and added them to her basket. It really COULD come in handy with the Bertie Bott's, and besides it was yummy. "Is there more muggle candy here? Because muggle candy is nice too."
Old 08-25-2018, 05:03 AM   #313 (permalink)

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

All she had to do was ask if she was curious enough for an answer. It would, perhaps, be the first window or door opening up to the peculiarity that was Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne.

"Oh, that's nic----" Or everything WAS nice until the whole mention of the CIA was brought up. Derf was not exactly well-versed in American, but he knew SOME things, like the necessity for sunglasses and loud music, and anything he knew about the CIA had come from the crime and mystery shows that his dad was so keen on. "....the....Central Intelligence Agency? That sounds...dodgy..." he said warily, though there was a clear glimmer of curiosity sparked in his big baby blues.

"Oh ace!" And he because he was incapable of doing two math things at once - presently counting the boxes of chocolate frogs to make sure he had them all again - he decided to ask outright. "You must know some stuff about Hogwarts then, yeah? Came across the pond for the IMPS?" Which meant she had walked the same halls that Valerie Gray had and WITH her.

He wondered what that not-a-Veela-Veela was up to these days. She was never returning his letters.
Ooops. Telling people about the whole CIA thing was probably not a smart move. Then again, it had been soooo long ago. Ancient history, really. "Oh, it wasn't really as bad as it sounds..... they had worked as independent contractors and messed up on a job." She left off the fact that they had been secret agents. That seemed like a real no go topic. Yep, she was really going to have to watch that.

"Er..a small bit. Basically, I only know what I heard from my classmates when they got back." Information that had left her intrigued, for sure. Though, not everything had been all that complimentary... "Is it true that there's a giant squid that lives in a lake?" she asked, handing over the boxes that she'd picked up. That had had everyone talking the most, as far as Pukwudgie house had been concerned.

"I have to ask, if you prefer Bertie Bott's and those Fizzy things," she couldn't remember the proper name, they didn't have them in America, "why do you have so many chocolate frogs?" She usually liked to stock up on the snacks she actually liked herself.

You are Salt!
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:21 AM   #314 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

Quote:

Wow. This girl sure was enthusiastic about candy.

It was kind of endearing actually...

"I like both kinds?" Madison wasn't super fussy just so long as it didn't taste nasty. She had heard about sweets like cockroach clusters, and she wouldn't eat them for all of the money in Gringotts. "Fudge is nice," Madison smiled and looked at all the different options available. Where would she begin? Was maple nice? Before she could dwell on it further, she was asked about some of her favourites. "Well, I like fizzing whizbees too, and Bertie Bott's too even though they make me a little nervous." One could never really tell with those, and she had some pretty bad experiences in the past. I also like chocolate frogs." Nod.

Scanning the fudge selection, she grabbed a few different kinds and added them to her basket. It really COULD come in handy with the Bertie Bott's, and besides it was yummy. "Is there more muggle candy here? Because muggle candy is nice too."
Hanna nodded. It was a silly question, really. All candy was good, as long as it was candy.

Hanna laughed, "Yeah, me too. What's the worst you've had? I had Sulphur once, and I had to go to St. Mungo's because I couldn't breathe very well afterwards." Merlin it was awful. "And my cousin swears he got a shower fart flavour one." That always made Hanna giggle.

Mmm, this girl had good taste. Hanna picked out some more things and added them to her basket. "Do you know a spell to keep fudge nice and fresh?" Hanna was curious if such a thing DID exist.

Hanna pointed some of the lollies out that she'd recognised from muggle areas. "Well I think the lollypops are like the muggle kind. And Drooble's gum is similar... although the bubbles don't pop for days. And the jumping gummybears, although you have to keep them contained so they don't... you know, jump away."

always on the move
Old 08-26-2018, 12:37 AM   #315 (permalink)

DMC
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Katarina Emily Denaker
First Year
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Nailah laughed and then shrugged. "I don't think I'd stop you if you tried to buy the whole store," she said. Well, the items in the store, since the store itself wasn't exactly for sale. "It'd probably really good for my business." And her bank account. She lingered at the displays a little longer, just in case her customer, and new friend, wasn't quite ready to check out. Although, knowing what she knew about Lexi now, maybe she should lead her to the check-out area...

So Lexi was married? Nailah wasn't sure why that surprised her. Maybe because Nailah didn't even have a boyfriend right now. Who knew. "Well, that makes sense," she said. "I've been doing little things here and there in my own shop." She nodded. "Yeah, sure! I'll let you know if I come up with anything." Right now, though, Nailah needed to at least tour the alley and visit all the shops. She honestly couldn't even recall what Primpernelle's already had.
Lexi laughed. "Sure. Great for you, not so much for my purse!" It was tempting though. Very tempting. But well, no. She needed to learn some self-restraint and her basket was already heavy, so no. Nope. No more for her. Right after this last bag of gummy bears.

It went into the basket. Lexi sighed, shaking her head at herself. "I'm weak." There was an amused smirk as she rolled her eyes at herself. "Alright, that's it for me. Well, this trip."

Lexi glanced around. She had no idea what Nailah had done, or what it might have looked like before. But she was having a hard time picturing anything different in here. Everything looked perfectly delicious....er, right. That was the word. Yep. Right. "Well, we have to make our shops ours, don't we?"
Old 08-26-2018, 04:39 AM   #316 (permalink)

DMT & DMAC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Madison Valentine
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriella Burton
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Daisy Mae Stark
Accidents & Catastrophes
x12 x9

Quote:
Hanna nodded. It was a silly question, really. All candy was good, as long as it was candy.

Hanna laughed, "Yeah, me too. What's the worst you've had? I had Sulphur once, and I had to go to St. Mungo's because I couldn't breathe very well afterwards." Merlin it was awful. "And my cousin swears he got a shower fart flavour one." That always made Hanna giggle.

Mmm, this girl had good taste. Hanna picked out some more things and added them to her basket. "Do you know a spell to keep fudge nice and fresh?" Hanna was curious if such a thing DID exist.

Hanna pointed some of the lollies out that she'd recognised from muggle areas. "Well I think the lollypops are like the muggle kind. And Drooble's gum is similar... although the bubbles don't pop for days. And the jumping gummybears, although you have to keep them contained so they don't... you know, jump away."
Madison laughed right along with the girl, feeling like she was going to make a new friend which was exciting. "Oh, wow." Her eyes went wide at that, and she shuddered. That sounded absolutely HORRID. "Hopefully that won't happen again. To either of us." Hospitals were awful places. Madison hated them. "I had one that tasted like rotten eggs once. It made me violently ill." Just the thought of it had her feeling a bit nauseous. However that feeling passed pretty quickly and once again she was laughing at the thought of a bean that tastes like fart. Where DID people come up with the idea for candy like that??? It was mind-boggling.

"I can't say that I DO, but maybe we can ask the Charms professor? If there isn't maybe they could help us make one?" Since she was brand new, Madison had NO idea who the professor was, but she hoped that they would be nice and helpful. Charms was one of her favourite classes.

Riiiiight, so there was quite the selection to choose from. Madison nodded. "Sounds awesome. I wonder if I could immobilize the gummy bears if I tried them. I never even thought to do that with chocolate frogs." Huh. She smiled. "I'm Madison by the way."
Old 08-26-2018, 05:39 AM   #317 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9

Quote:

Madison laughed right along with the girl, feeling like she was going to make a new friend which was exciting. "Oh, wow." Her eyes went wide at that, and she shuddered. That sounded absolutely HORRID. "Hopefully that won't happen again. To either of us." Hospitals were awful places. Madison hated them. "I had one that tasted like rotten eggs once. It made me violently ill." Just the thought of it had her feeling a bit nauseous. However that feeling passed pretty quickly and once again she was laughing at the thought of a bean that tastes like fart. Where DID people come up with the idea for candy like that??? It was mind-boggling.

"I can't say that I DO, but maybe we can ask the Charms professor? If there isn't maybe they could help us make one?" Since she was brand new, Madison had NO idea who the professor was, but she hoped that they would be nice and helpful. Charms was one of her favourite classes.

Riiiiight, so there was quite the selection to choose from. Madison nodded. "Sounds awesome. I wonder if I could immobilize the gummy bears if I tried them. I never even thought to do that with chocolate frogs." Huh. She smiled. "I'm Madison by the way."
Hanna nodded, it was. "I really hope so. I couldn't eat another one for over a year." How could anyone though? "Eww that's gross." It was almost funny how such a popular treat could make people so ill.

That was a good idea! "We should do that. Then we will have fresh fudge all year. Except we can go to Honeydukes when we go to Hogsmeade and get more." Because it might not last a whole year. "Have you ever made a spell?" Hanna really wanted to, one day. Before she left Hogwarts, she wanted to make one.

This girl was SMART! "Are you a Ravenclaw too?" She asked. She couldn't remember seeing her around. But immobilising the gummy bears, well. Hanna hadn't thought of that. She liked to try and catch them if they got away, but sometimes she just wanted to eat the gummies rather than play with them. "Hi Madison, I'm Hanna."

always on the move
Old 08-27-2018, 05:02 AM   #318 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default gonna try to wrap us up ish since the train...rp in the school too though, yes? :3
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Ooops. Telling people about the whole CIA thing was probably not a smart move. Then again, it had been soooo long ago. Ancient history, really. "Oh, it wasn't really as bad as it sounds..... they had worked as independent contractors and messed up on a job." She left off the fact that they had been secret agents. That seemed like a real no go topic. Yep, she was really going to have to watch that.

"Er..a small bit. Basically, I only know what I heard from my classmates when they got back." Information that had left her intrigued, for sure. Though, not everything had been all that complimentary... "Is it true that there's a giant squid that lives in a lake?" she asked, handing over the boxes that she'd picked up. That had had everyone talking the most, as far as Pukwudgie house had been concerned.

"I have to ask, if you prefer Bertie Bott's and those Fizzy things," she couldn't remember the proper name, they didn't have them in America, "why do you have so many chocolate frogs?" She usually liked to stock up on the snacks she actually liked herself.
Honestly...the secret agent thing sorta went hand in hand with it all. At least from the stuff he had watched and read with his dad anyway - so basically Derf's imagination was going into OVER DRIVE right now with possibilities and the, well, attempt to downplaying it all only made him MORE wild with these thoughts. Which he thankfully kept entirely to himself.

"Oh yeah! Bartholomew Henry!" Derf chirped a bit TOO eagerly. Though mention of the Black Lake brought up OTHER thoughts and memories which, well, Derf was playing ostrich to in the moment. "He and I are pretty close...though I'm closer to Theoros. He is one of the centaur who live in the Forbidden Forest." And, well, there was no need to dwell much more on the IMPS topic - though he THOUGHT the entire school had come over in that vehicle but obviously not. Talking about the interesting inhabitants of Hogwarts was far more appealing anyway. "He can talk too, the giant squid I mean. Though sometimes it's kinda hard to get him to make an appearance. Probably busy with the merpeople."

Chuckling a bit, Derf ruffled his hair and stood proper again. "I'm really only after the card," he admitted. He had a THING with eating chocolate in animal form...especially those enchanted to MOVE like amphibians. "I give the chocolate away for the most part."

Glancing over towards the register, the Hufflepuff gave his stack another quick count to make sure he had them all and then - after a bit of a dramatic pause to calculate his finances - he spoke once more. "Once I pay for all of these...and assuming you like chocolate...you can have one if you want." Just as long as he got to keep the card.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote