Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 992 users online including...
Methrenhow , RobertJow , Alexrut

4 members
988 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Morgan P. Nickles Era

Morgan P. Nickles Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Morgan P. Nickles [IC January 2094 - December 2096; OOC October 2017 - October 2018]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #101 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

SPOILER!!: Lex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

Lex was nodding along to the inquiry about spices, finding they had some differences depending on the side of the world you were on but the question that immediately followed left her a bit hesitant. Did she live in Spain? "I...kinda do? Technically my primary place of residence is still London but I find myself more often in Madrid--it's nice there. Started out just visiting regularly then realized I couldn't not have an apartment there too." In London she was just as likely to be by Alice's just two doors down or across town at her fathers--or at Fox's. Kinda left her hardly home unless she had a mind to be.

Getting over the initial thrill of Fate working for Aron, Alexa began tugging her along again. "People aren't so bad, it's just the stupid ones that make you wanna live like a hermit for a few hours but I try to keep contact with that sort to a minimum. They're bad for my health." As well as their own when it came right down to it.

"Aron's amazing, you'll love him I bet. What sort of work will you be doing over there?" Accidents and Catastrophes wasn't the worst Department out there, in fact, it had a couple interesting jobs. None she'd consider but at least it wasn't the Minister's Office.

Fate's silvery eyes widened. Lex sort of lived there? How many places of residence did she have? "That sounds amazing, I've only ever been to France. That has been the extent of my traveling!" She explained she had always wanted to travel and do things like that. But after she got out of Hogwarts, she had gone straight to art college and then found work as an art teacher here in London. She was going to miss teaching.

Fate was literally pulled from her thoughts as Lex started to tug her through the crowd once more! She could see the lifts from where they were and they just needed to head.. "A tad more right." She said as she jumped a little, to see over a ladies head, the lift was still free!

She nodded, "I think it's the stupid ones that makes us all what to hide really, but at least some people make the world worth it." Like Seb.. *sigh*

Fate sighed softly. "I'm just an assistant right now for the Experimental charms committee..Sadly, Out of work Art teacher doesn't seem to fit in very well here." She said with a shrug.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #102 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Faaate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post

Fate's silvery eyes widened. Lex sort of lived there? How many places of residence did she have? "That sounds amazing, I've only ever been to France. That has been the extent of my traveling!" She explained she had always wanted to travel and do things like that. But after she got out of Hogwarts, she had gone straight to art college and then found work as an art teacher here in London. She was going to miss teaching.

Fate was literally pulled from her thoughts as Lex started to tug her through the crowd once more! She could see the lifts from where they were and they just needed to head.. "A tad more right." She said as she jumped a little, to see over a ladies head, the lift was still free!

She nodded, "I think it's the stupid ones that makes us all what to hide really, but at least some people make the world worth it." Like Seb.. *sigh*

Fate sighed softly. "I'm just an assistant right now for the Experimental charms committee..Sadly, Out of work Art teacher doesn't seem to fit in very well here." She said with a shrug.

There was an audible gasp even amid the growing crowd of workers streaming through the Ministry. It was perhaps more shocking than the delightful news that she may have had even MOAR reason to visit Aron. "Only France?? But the world's so big!" Lex protested. "France doesn't even begin to cover it. Why haven't you gone anywhere else? You'll be amazed at some of the people you meet and even more by some of the things you can see." In all her wandering, Lex still hadn't seen most of it but she was very much interested to.

"You'll have to get out more." The young woman decided. It was only right. Fate owed it to herself!

More to the right. Right. Got it. Fate had a point though, some people DID make the world not such an idiot infested dung hole. Her friends were among those people. They made everything amazing.

"There are worst jobs than being an Assistant on Level 3. Just think, you could work up in the stuffy Minister's Office where everything's filing and Laws and paperwork up to your ears." Granted, even as an Auror she still had her fair share of paperwork but at least it wasn't the same as those horrid YATI days filled with Ministry Patrols that turned up nothing. "Besides, if your ambitious enough, it won't be more than a year before you see something you'd like to do more then go for it." And Lex was sure Aron would oblige if he could.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:57 AM   #103 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy
Snow Miser | Munchy | Molly Hooper | T | Hey, you | Phantom | Mrs. Chris Evans | Brat Pack | Tristalen

SPOILER!!: Lexxx
Quote:

There was an audible gasp even amid the growing crowd of workers streaming through the Ministry. It was perhaps more shocking than the delightful news that she may have had even MOAR reason to visit Aron. "Only France?? But the world's so big!" Lex protested. "France doesn't even begin to cover it. Why haven't you gone anywhere else? You'll be amazed at some of the people you meet and even more by some of the things you can see." In all her wandering, Lex still hadn't seen most of it but she was very much interested to.

"You'll have to get out more." The young woman decided. It was only right. Fate owed it to herself!

More to the right. Right. Got it. Fate had a point though, some people DID make the world not such an idiot infested dung hole. Her friends were among those people. They made everything amazing.

"There are worst jobs than being an Assistant on Level 3. Just think, you could work up in the stuffy Minister's Office where everything's filing and Laws and paperwork up to your ears." Granted, even as an Auror she still had her fair share of paperwork but at least it wasn't the same as those horrid YATI days filled with Ministry Patrols that turned up nothing. "Besides, if your ambitious enough, it won't be more than a year before you see something you'd like to do more then go for it." And Lex was sure Aron would oblige if he could.

Fate laughed a little as Lex gasped at the fact that she had only been to France! "I know it's so big and I want to see it all someday.. but.. sadly.." Money was not so big and she couldn't afford it eat right now, let alone travel places. "Well, I was in school for awhile, first Hogwarts and then Wada trying to get my art degree and then I had to get my teaching credential.. And then I lost my job and now I'm here." She explained..

She nodded.. "I will, when I can afford to eat and pay rent!" She said with a smile at the other girl. That's why she was here.. to not starve!

Fate let out a soft giggle as Lex spoke again, she really like level three! "Yes, I'm sure I'll be doing my fair share of paperwork, I just hope I'll be able to find something to do with art and my degree.. But for now.. I just would like to eat.." Yup.. she just needed to survive, that's all.. Hopefully she could live on coffee and crackers for the next month..
Old 03-05-2016, 01:42 AM   #104 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: The one who needs to get out more
Quote:

Fate laughed a little as Lex gasped at the fact that she had only been to France! "I know it's so big and I want to see it all someday.. but.. sadly.." Money was not so big and she couldn't afford it eat right now, let alone travel places. "Well, I was in school for awhile, first Hogwarts and then Wada trying to get my art degree and then I had to get my teaching credential.. And then I lost my job and now I'm here." She explained..

She nodded.. "I will, when I can afford to eat and pay rent!" She said with a smile at the other girl. That's why she was here.. to not starve!

Fate let out a soft giggle as Lex spoke again, she really like level three! "Yes, I'm sure I'll be doing my fair share of paperwork, I just hope I'll be able to find something to do with art and my degree.. But for now.. I just would like to eat.." Yup.. she just needed to survive, that's all.. Hopefully she could live on coffee and crackers for the next month..

"That sounds like a whole lot of stuff to go through just to get here." Lex might have told her she should have simply come here straight after Hogwarts seeing as by now she'd have surely been more than an assistant in all that time but it was all in the past. Nothing they could do about that. What they COULD do something about was her horrid excuse to never travel.

Lex shook her head with as much protest as she could muster. "No no no, if that's you're only reason for not traveling then you're only cheating yourself."Lex shoved her hand into the closing lift, making the doors slide open again. "Apparition doesn't cost you a thing, neither does flooing if you've got the powder and the right floo connections." But apparition was so much freer. "Don't even need a fancy hotel, just somewhere you wanna go. Take the day, walk around and discover things. No one can charge you for that. Then, when you've had your fill, you go home and collapse in your own bed--also free of charge."

Her job made it almost impossible for her to go out, rent places and enjoy anywhere for too long but it didn't stop her. "I recommend stopping by Level 6 for an International Apparition License. Got mine two years ago, seldom stay in London anymore."

Merlin was this lift cramped and there was that one person asking them to HOLD the lift. Ugh. She would be late afterall. "Eating's important I guess. Can't you just crash your parents' place for dinner until you're good on your own?" Independence was brilliant but so was a full stomach. If Lex had found herself in the same position, she probably wouldn't have even moved out of her father's.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #105 (permalink)

DMC & DMLE
Thestral

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solana Selwyn
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Selene Diana Evans
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Leon S. Kennedy
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Cole Patrick Kennedy

SPOILER!!: the adventurous one
Quote:
"That sounds like a whole lot of stuff to go through just to get here." Lex might have told her she should have simply come here straight after Hogwarts seeing as by now she'd have surely been more than an assistant in all that time but it was all in the past. Nothing they could do about that. What they COULD do something about was her horrid excuse to never travel.

Lex shook her head with as much protest as she could muster. "No no no, if that's you're only reason for not traveling then you're only cheating yourself."Lex shoved her hand into the closing lift, making the doors slide open again. "Apparition doesn't cost you a thing, neither does flooing if you've got the powder and the right floo connections." But apparition was so much freer. "Don't even need a fancy hotel, just somewhere you wanna go. Take the day, walk around and discover things. No one can charge you for that. Then, when you've had your fill, you go home and collapse in your own bed--also free of charge."

Her job made it almost impossible for her to go out, rent places and enjoy anywhere for too long but it didn't stop her. "I recommend stopping by Level 6 for an International Apparition License. Got mine two years ago, seldom stay in London anymore."

Merlin was this lift cramped and there was that one person asking them to HOLD the lift. Ugh. She would be late afterall. "Eating's important I guess. Can't you just crash your parents' place for dinner until you're good on your own?" Independence was brilliant but so was a full stomach. If Lex had found herself in the same position, she probably wouldn't have even moved out of her father's.

"Well, to be honest, I wanted to be a teacher, an art teacher really, hence all that trouble.. but art is the first thing that gets cut in schools, so there really isn't a big demand for them at them at the moment, Hence why I came here." She explained.

They finally made it to the lists and Thankfully Lex stuck her hand into it just as it was about to close! They scooted in and Fate tried to make herself as small as possible, she didn't want to get into someones personal bubble, though really.. She was SUPER close to a nice smelling man.. so it wasn't all bad. She turned to her companion and smiled a little..

"Well, all of that sounds really easy! I never really thought of doing something like that.. I guess I thought hotels and food.. but wandering around.. now THAT I can do.. I'm sure there are plenty of amazing spots to paint in so many countries!" She said with an excited nod.

"I'll do that as soon as possible." She told the other girl before biting her lip a little..

"Ahh, well..I suppose I could, but my parents don't live anywhere near here and my mom's a muggle, so while she's fine with the magic stuff.. apparating.. not so much." She shrugged a bit.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:26 AM   #106 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Ze Art teacher
Quote:

"Well, to be honest, I wanted to be a teacher, an art teacher really, hence all that trouble.. but art is the first thing that gets cut in schools, so there really isn't a big demand for them at them at the moment, Hence why I came here." She explained.

They finally made it to the lists and Thankfully Lex stuck her hand into it just as it was about to close! They scooted in and Fate tried to make herself as small as possible, she didn't want to get into someones personal bubble, though really.. She was SUPER close to a nice smelling man.. so it wasn't all bad. She turned to her companion and smiled a little..

"Well, all of that sounds really easy! I never really thought of doing something like that.. I guess I thought hotels and food.. but wandering around.. now THAT I can do.. I'm sure there are plenty of amazing spots to paint in so many countries!" She said with an excited nod.

"I'll do that as soon as possible." She told the other girl before biting her lip a little..

"Ahh, well..I suppose I could, but my parents don't live anywhere near here and my mom's a muggle, so while she's fine with the magic stuff.. apparating.. not so much." She shrugged a bit.

Art teacher, huh? "For....children?" Little devil spawn things. "Or an older crowd?" Not that it mattered anymore she supposed but it gave interesting insight into the young woman she'd pulled along into the lift with her. Some people actually liked children, as hard as it was to believe--she might have been one of those people. Lex...let very few of that sort into her life because it inevitably meant interactions with the little ankle biters at one point or another.

The last of her patience slowly trickled out as the man who'd asked them to hold the lift cut his speed. Knowing the lift was waiting was NO reason to suddenly relax; not when everyone else's late record was on the line. MERLIN'S BEARD.

"That's the idea!" Now she was getting this whole traveling thing. "Hotels and food are nice but not completely necessary when you wanna enjoy yourself. A friend and I hit the tropics a month back." Sure they'd indulged in the food...and some spending happened but the trip wouldn't have suffered without all that, certainly not. There was enough else to keep them occupied...there always was. "If you ever need a list of must sees, I can draft one up for you."

FINALLY, the man made it and the lift could be off. It took everything in her not to shoot him dirty looks. The mention of her mother being muggle and magic being iffy with her did the distraction trick nicely. Only problem was now she was trying EXTRA hard not to look put off by the information. Muggles............weren't her cup of tea. The sort that didn't like magic and would rather you restrict it around them, even less so. "Pity." Was all she managed, miraculously keeping the contempt from her voice. Magic fearing muggles were the worst. Her little sister found that out first hand and Lex wanted nothing to do with them.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #107 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

She had gone out for her lunch break, quickly, and was on her way back in when she smelled the coffee as she soon as she passed the little stand near the fountain.

MERLIN.

With an annoyed huff at herself, mostly she clipped her walk short and stopped in line for one. But really, she had important THINGS to do here! Damn you, coffee-addicted brain! Caffeine! CAFFEINE.

Lynley swept from brunette hair that fallen from her clip back into place as she waited, her brown eyes roving around the room for a familiar face...someone to wave at, call over to cure her impatience for this LONG line...anything. Alexa? Gabby? Yoo-hoo hello????

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin
Old 02-24-2017, 04:40 PM   #108 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Why were Monday mornings so hard? Today wasn't a day she brought her grandson to daycare so she at least had a few more moments at home, but it still was rough. Getting three girls off to primary school before getting yourself ready for work was always a challenge. Thank Merlin for a house elf and a husband. Victoria smoothed her dress as she came through the floo and glanced at her husband.

"Busy day today dear?" If not maybe they could slip out for lunch. It was always nice to have him so close by, but she would only admit to herself after that little orientation she was glad to have her own level to hide in.

Opening her bag she pulled out a little container with coffee just the way he liked it and a danish. "Though you might like a little morning snack later."
Old 02-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #109 (permalink)
Special Services to the School

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6
¼ of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Why were Monday mornings so hard? Today wasn't a day she brought her grandson to daycare so she at least had a few more moments at home, but it still was rough. Getting three girls off to primary school before getting yourself ready for work was always a challenge. Thank Merlin for a house elf and a husband. Victoria smoothed her dress as she came through the floo and glanced at her husband.

"Busy day today dear?" If not maybe they could slip out for lunch. It was always nice to have him so close by, but she would only admit to herself after that little orientation she was glad to have her own level to hide in.

Opening her bag she pulled out a little container with coffee just the way he liked it and a danish. "Though you might like a little morning snack later."
Day #80236 when Cosgrach Culloden was questioning his career change. Both at Hogwarts and the University, he had been able to set his own schedule: absolutely no classes on Monday mornings (unless he felt like torturing the kids), and other classes at HUMANE HOURS. Now, he had to work according to a set schedule, and he wasn't even a morning person, he'd much prefer to stay up late than wake up early... and he hated the morning rush...

With his one eye still closed, he murmured a "Yeah," at his wife. He only half-acknowledged the question, but the answer to that was always 'Yes'. Conducting research on new potions meant e n d l e s s possibilities, so in theory, his work never finished: He only limited it. "Yours?" he asked. He'd suddenly woken up, because he nearly ran into another witch. Certainly wouldn't want to start the week like that...

He watched her as she opened her bag, and grinned. "You're the best wife," he said, and kissed her cheek. He then checked his watch. They still had a few more moments. "What's the plan for today? I hope not too much work from last week?"

Old 02-28-2017, 03:09 AM   #110 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShine View Post
Day #80236 when Cosgrach Culloden was questioning his career change. Both at Hogwarts and the University, he had been able to set his own schedule: absolutely no classes on Monday mornings (unless he felt like torturing the kids), and other classes at HUMANE HOURS. Now, he had to work according to a set schedule, and he wasn't even a morning person, he'd much prefer to stay up late than wake up early... and he hated the morning rush...

With his one eye still closed, he murmured a "Yeah," at his wife. He only half-acknowledged the question, but the answer to that was always 'Yes'. Conducting research on new potions meant e n d l e s s possibilities, so in theory, his work never finished: He only limited it. "Yours?" he asked. He'd suddenly woken up, because he nearly ran into another witch. Certainly wouldn't want to start the week like that...

He watched her as she opened her bag, and grinned. "You're the best wife," he said, and kissed her cheek. He then checked his watch. They still had a few more moments. "What's the plan for today? I hope not too much work from last week?"

Trying to not laugh too much at her husband she couldn't help but have a bit of a chuckle at his grumpy morningness. She loved him for it though. The coffee would help and he'd be ready for his day. "I bet it's always busy there." She thought about her day and what she had in store. "Well I'll have to check on regulations see what fines we are dealing with, then I have a coaches meeting to attend as well as a manager budget meeting. We are still working on the turf to replace pitch fields. So I'll have a few things to do there. Yes, I would say I have a busy day coming up." She honestly didn't know how she'd get to it all, but she would. She always did.

Taking a bite of a muffin she just pulled out she smiled at his compliment. She liked making him happy. She liked making her entire family happy. "I try to be for you dear." She was always so happy he worked here now. They could come to work together and have lunch if time allowed. It was so nice compared to when he was at Hogwarts. Being away from him was so hard, even his Uni job had his focus further away. She felt selfish thinking that, but this job was her favorite for their relationship.

"I think I could squeeze in lunch if you'd like to go out today. Do you think you have a chance to sneak away for a half hour or so?" Maybe they could head to the little cafe on the corner.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:37 PM   #111 (permalink)

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6

He made a face as she described her day. "That sounds a lot." Ew. How was she so energetic for it, though? Why wasn't he? Maybe he should brew himself a potion to fix that...

He smiled at her. And he loved her for it: Her dedication, energy... on some days, she was his pushing force. His face lit up at the talk of lunch.

"I pretty much set up my own schedule during the day." Perks of being the only potioneer in the lot. "So when are we meeting for lunch?"

Old 03-05-2017, 01:44 AM   #112 (permalink)

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShine View Post
He made a face as she described her day. "That sounds a lot." Ew. How was she so energetic for it, though? Why wasn't he? Maybe he should brew himself a potion to fix that...

He smiled at her. And he loved her for it: Her dedication, energy... on some days, she was his pushing force. His face lit up at the talk of lunch.

"I pretty much set up my own schedule during the day." Perks of being the only potioneer in the lot. "So when are we meeting for lunch?"

She couldn't help but chuckle. Her day was always busy, but she liked it that way. "Just a normal day during the quidditch season." He was well aware of how hard she worked even when the ministry was closed since quidditch season was during the winter break. "I love busy days. It makes the day go faster."

She wished at times she could make her own schedule, but she had to work around teams, people, and more people. So it was hard to make her day by that day. She had to plan in advance. When he said about a time for lunch she pulled out her daily planner. "Does 12:30 sound alright." She could do that, her meeting would be over by then.

Placing her planner back in her purse she stopped. "Have a good day honey and I'll see you at lunch." She leaned up to give him a quick kiss before it was time to head to her first meeting of the day.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #113 (permalink)

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She couldn't help but chuckle. Her day was always busy, but she liked it that way. "Just a normal day during the quidditch season." He was well aware of how hard she worked even when the ministry was closed since quidditch season was during the winter break. "I love busy days. It makes the day go faster."

She wished at times she could make her own schedule, but she had to work around teams, people, and more people. So it was hard to make her day by that day. She had to plan in advance. When he said about a time for lunch she pulled out her daily planner. "Does 12:30 sound alright." She could do that, her meeting would be over by then.

Placing her planner back in her purse she stopped. "Have a good day honey and I'll see you at lunch." She leaned up to give him a quick kiss before it was time to head to her first meeting of the day.
They were quite the opposites at that - he liked his schedule to be as free as possible. He nodded. Yeah, her days were always quite busy, so he smiled.

"12.30 it is." He hoped he'd never be that busy to use a planner. It didn't look fun...

Kissing her back, he wished her a "You too, love," and turned to go to his department.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:38 AM   #114 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default gryffindor goobers, unite!
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

He was here scouting a couple of things out. Actually scouting one particular thing out. Okay, REALLY, he was here to see if this Ministry Nursery place actually did exist and to find out if they were hiring. It wasn't like he hated his current job.
Uh. It wasn't like he hated his current job a lot. He was happy fine
not dying? That was enough, right? No one really enjoyed being an adult that much anyway. He had never heard his parents come home and exclaim their utmost love for their occupations. Secretly everyone loathed their work.........

Right?

Ugh, Zander didn't want to be one of those people. He wanted to be one of those people who enjoyed going to work so much that it was hard to get them to take any time off.
He wanted to be someone who actually put thought into what he was doing. He wanted to be INVESTED. Was that too much to ask? Geez.

Anyways, the blonde had been pacing around the atrium for a few minutes now without any avail. Where the heck did they keep that place?! He was sure he hadn't made it up.

You are Lemon!
Old 01-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #115 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caiden Denholm
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
Gryffindor
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
He was here scouting a couple of things out. Actually scouting one particular thing out. Okay, REALLY, he was here to see if this Ministry Nursery place actually did exist and to find out if they were hiring. It wasn't like he hated his current job.
Uh. It wasn't like he hated his current job a lot. He was happy fine
not dying? That was enough, right? No one really enjoyed being an adult that much anyway. He had never heard his parents come home and exclaim their utmost love for their occupations. Secretly everyone loathed their work.........

Right?

Ugh, Zander didn't want to be one of those people. He wanted to be one of those people who enjoyed going to work so much that it was hard to get them to take any time off.
He wanted to be someone who actually put thought into what he was doing. He wanted to be INVESTED. Was that too much to ask? Geez.

Anyways, the blonde had been pacing around the atrium for a few minutes now without any avail. Where the heck did they keep that place?! He was sure he hadn't made it up.
Kevin did not like wearing a suit. So why he was dressed in one every single day at work? Well, because the first time his father had heard of him getting a job at the Ministry they had set off to buy some cheap but good looking suits for him to wear on the first day. It had been the first time in his entire life that his father had been proud of him and he guessed he wanted to keep that memory by wearing them. Besides, it did not hurt to look good either.

The black tie was suffocating him though as a matter of speaking and the young man sighed as he used his free hand to loosen it up a bit. He then checked his watch and noticed he still had some time left to grab a cup of coffee. He had acquired the taste since University had him stay up till late at night from either studying or partying.

But before he could buy some, his eyes noticed a familiar figure pacing around. The Atrium was crowded but as a Law Enforcement employee this was something that stood out to him. He watched him and as he paced back, Kevin grinned.

With a quick pace, the former......very former....Gryffindor walked towards his school friend and when he was close by he folded his arms over each other. "You look like you need to go to the bathroom" he said.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #116 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Kevin did not like wearing a suit. So why he was dressed in one every single day at work? Well, because the first time his father had heard of him getting a job at the Ministry they had set off to buy some cheap but good looking suits for him to wear on the first day. It had been the first time in his entire life that his father had been proud of him and he guessed he wanted to keep that memory by wearing them. Besides, it did not hurt to look good either.

The black tie was suffocating him though as a matter of speaking and the young man sighed as he used his free hand to loosen it up a bit. He then checked his watch and noticed he still had some time left to grab a cup of coffee. He had acquired the taste since University had him stay up till late at night from either studying or partying.

But before he could buy some, his eyes noticed a familiar figure pacing around. The Atrium was crowded but as a Law Enforcement employee this was something that stood out to him. He watched him and as he paced back, Kevin grinned.

With a quick pace, the former......very former....Gryffindor walked towards his school friend and when he was close by he folded his arms over each other. "You look like you need to go to the bathroom" he said.
Alright, so he was pretty sure he had searched the entire area by now (albeit not as carefully as he should've) and the boy was starting to lose hope. Despite this, however, he continued pacing around the Atrium, knowing that maybe at some point he'd come across some landmark he hadn't noticed before. And that would be the nursery. And Zander would find it.

It was only on his fourth lap when he heard someone addressing him. Who the heck would say something like that!? Clearly Zander wasn't pacing because he had to go to the bathroom! He wasn't a child yes, he was. The former Gryffindor looked up to give the ridiculous guy an annoyed looking, before realizing exactly who this ridiculous guy was. "I don't have to go to the bathroom, I'm just--" and then he looked at the dude's face and the annoyance all the sudden evaporated, his pacing came to a halt, and suddenly Zander Adair was sporting a smile.

"Holy--"-words that were definitely not appropriate-"Kevin Hirase!" What were you supposed to say to someone who had played such a pivotal role in your adolescence??? It had been quite some time since Zander had used his two way mirror to call his old friend and it wasn't because there was a falling out or some big ordeal... Just because... Space drives distance between people, y'know? Naturally and unintentionally, but it still does. And Zander regretted that it did in this friendship too.

Anyways, "You always dress like you're going to a funeral??" Because this was....... new. Also, did Kevin work here????

You are Lemon!
Old 01-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #117 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caiden Denholm
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
Gryffindor
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Alright, so he was pretty sure he had searched the entire area by now (albeit not as carefully as he should've) and the boy was starting to lose hope. Despite this, however, he continued pacing around the Atrium, knowing that maybe at some point he'd come across some landmark he hadn't noticed before. And that would be the nursery. And Zander would find it.

It was only on his fourth lap when he heard someone addressing him. Who the heck would say something like that!? Clearly Zander wasn't pacing because he had to go to the bathroom! He wasn't a child yes, he was. The former Gryffindor looked up to give the ridiculous guy an annoyed looking, before realizing exactly who this ridiculous guy was. "I don't have to go to the bathroom, I'm just--" and then he looked at the dude's face and the annoyance all the sudden evaporated, his pacing came to a halt, and suddenly Zander Adair was sporting a smile.

"Holy--"-words that were definitely not appropriate-"Kevin Hirase!" What were you supposed to say to someone who had played such a pivotal role in your adolescence??? It had been quite some time since Zander had used his two way mirror to call his old friend and it wasn't because there was a falling out or some big ordeal... Just because... Space drives distance between people, y'know? Naturally and unintentionally, but it still does. And Zander regretted that it did in this friendship too.

Anyways, "You always dress like you're going to a funeral??" Because this was....... new. Also, did Kevin work here????
The way Zander had acted the moment he was seen was exactly how he had hoped it would go. Apart from the two way mirror, the last time they had seen each other had been in Hogsmeade and even that was five years ago? Perhaps longer even! And Kevin did look different. Different hairstyle, color, he'd gotten taller and he did not look boyish in the face anymore. He was a young man now and he was wearing clothes he had always said he'd never wear when he had been younger. Funny how live turned.

So the fact that his school friend recognized him made him feel good and he grinned as Zander cursed. At the mention of his suit, this made him really laugh. Something that was different as well since the last few years. Before, even if something was funny he'd simply nod and look away to not show he was having fun. He looked down at his clothes and straightened his jacket. "I can't believe you actually had a comeback, nice one" he said. "But no, I don't always dress like I'm going to the funeral. Only when going to work" He checked his watch as he said so and was glad that he still had some time. He'd get coffee later.

"Why were you pacing anyways? The security guard might think you're planning something" he said as he nodded his head at the direction behind the windows in the distance.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:47 PM   #118 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
The way Zander had acted the moment he was seen was exactly how he had hoped it would go. Apart from the two way mirror, the last time they had seen each other had been in Hogsmeade and even that was five years ago? Perhaps longer even! And Kevin did look different. Different hairstyle, color, he'd gotten taller and he did not look boyish in the face anymore. He was a young man now and he was wearing clothes he had always said he'd never wear when he had been younger. Funny how live turned.

So the fact that his school friend recognized him made him feel good and he grinned as Zander cursed. At the mention of his suit, this made him really laugh. Something that was different as well since the last few years. Before, even if something was funny he'd simply nod and look away to not show he was having fun. He looked down at his clothes and straightened his jacket. "I can't believe you actually had a comeback, nice one" he said. "But no, I don't always dress like I'm going to the funeral. Only when going to work" He checked his watch as he said so and was glad that he still had some time. He'd get coffee later.

"Why were you pacing anyways? The security guard might think you're planning something" he said as he nodded his head at the direction behind the windows in the distance.
There was something peculiar about this Kevin Hirase. Something was different. But not exactly a bad different or a suspicious different... Just.... Well, different. Zander didn't actually know the words to place it. He hadn't ever seen Kevin looked so at ease. "What's that supposed to mean!?" He gave his old friend a funny look, knowing exactly what it was supposed to mean and yeah, Kevin had him there. Probably got some ammunition after being with Soph for so long. You gotta learn how to fight back with that one, y'know?

"..... What." Work?? Here?? Did Kevin?? Work?? Here???

Dude. It wouldn't have been unlikely that Zander had never seen him. He didn't ever remember telling his friend that he was in the ministry... And it's not like Zander really ever left his department very often and when he did, it was for an assignment. There were loads of people around all the time, a face would've easily gotten lost in the crowd. But still, what were the chances????

"I've been looking for something," he admitted. "Didn't think I'd get noticed," he laughed.

You are Lemon!
Old 01-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #119 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caiden Denholm
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
Gryffindor
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
There was something peculiar about this Kevin Hirase. Something was different. But not exactly a bad different or a suspicious different... Just.... Well, different. Zander didn't actually know the words to place it. He hadn't ever seen Kevin looked so at ease. "What's that supposed to mean!?" He gave his old friend a funny look, knowing exactly what it was supposed to mean and yeah, Kevin had him there. Probably got some ammunition after being with Soph for so long. You gotta learn how to fight back with that one, y'know?

"..... What." Work?? Here?? Did Kevin?? Work?? Here???

Dude. It wouldn't have been unlikely that Zander had never seen him. He didn't ever remember telling his friend that he was in the ministry... And it's not like Zander really ever left his department very often and when he did, it was for an assignment. There were loads of people around all the time, a face would've easily gotten lost in the crowd. But still, what were the chances????

"I've been looking for something," he admitted. "Didn't think I'd get noticed," he laughed.
Kevin grinned. He knew that Zander knew what he meant. No matter how much they'd grown in the past few years, he still seemed to be the same. But then again they hadn't really seen each other in a long time so perhaps he just wanted Zander to be same guy from school. There was something about the guy that he felt comfortable with and he could not and still not explain why he had chosen him as one of his two friends at school. Puck was the other though that only happened after she had defended him in class. He heard she owned a bar now, perhaps they could get a drink all together. Should be fun.

"yes, I work here...." was it that hard for people to believe? He had done more than his best to become a better person and it had finally paid of after years. He'd gotten in to university after his tutors told him he had potential and eventually graduated with top grades.

Looking for something. Wow that narrows it down. Kevin rolled his eyes at his friends words and then shook his head. Didn't think he'd stuck out? "You're like a neon sign for people in my department" he said with a chuckle. "I work in Law Enforcement now" he said and as he did he stood more upright and straightened his tie which he had loosened earlier. "You're looking at the new Pensieve Review Specialist. Basically I use the memories of victims or witnesses to help solve crimes" It wasn't as spectacular as being an Auror and actually catching the bad guys but he knew he had an important job. "Can you believe it? I can't sometimes... Like, didn't they all tell me I'd end up a failure in Azkaban? HA" he had showed them!

But what he was more curious about was Zander's behavior. What was he looking for? "Did you drop something?" he asked as he looked around on the floor as well.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:19 AM   #120 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Kevin grinned. He knew that Zander knew what he meant. No matter how much they'd grown in the past few years, he still seemed to be the same. But then again they hadn't really seen each other in a long time so perhaps he just wanted Zander to be same guy from school. There was something about the guy that he felt comfortable with and he could not and still not explain why he had chosen him as one of his two friends at school. Puck was the other though that only happened after she had defended him in class. He heard she owned a bar now, perhaps they could get a drink all together. Should be fun.

"yes, I work here...." was it that hard for people to believe? He had done more than his best to become a better person and it had finally paid of after years. He'd gotten in to university after his tutors told him he had potential and eventually graduated with top grades.

Looking for something. Wow that narrows it down. Kevin rolled his eyes at his friends words and then shook his head. Didn't think he'd stuck out? "You're like a neon sign for people in my department" he said with a chuckle. "I work in Law Enforcement now" he said and as he did he stood more upright and straightened his tie which he had loosened earlier. "You're looking at the new Pensieve Review Specialist. Basically I use the memories of victims or witnesses to help solve crimes" It wasn't as spectacular as being an Auror and actually catching the bad guys but he knew he had an important job. "Can you believe it? I can't sometimes... Like, didn't they all tell me I'd end up a failure in Azkaban? HA" he had showed them!

But what he was more curious about was Zander's behavior. What was he looking for? "Did you drop something?" he asked as he looked around on the floor as well.
Yes, for the record, Zander definitely knew what Kevin meant.

"Since when!?" It wasn't hard to believe, actually. It was only hard to believe that Zander had NO idea!!! Well, okay, in retrospect... That wasn't hard to believe either. Zander thought it was though and at the end of the day, that's what mattered right?

"That's ironic," he laughed, probably completely missing the point. But really, who would've thought that Kevin Hirase, resident Hogwart's trouble maker and expelled student, would make it to be in the Department of Law Enforcement!!! Zander was proud and beyond impressed. "That sounds really cool! You're like are real life, Sherlock Holmes." It seemed he had a couple of friends in that part of the ministry actually. Maybe that's where he should be considering switching to. It'd be nice to be around some familiar faces of people who weren't his Hogwart bully's mother. "Dude, you need to go back there and show everyone that you're the real deal now." Though Zander didn't exactly know what Truebridge was up to now. She had left Hogwarts before Zander's final year. "Did you know Flamsteed works here now?"

Annnnnnnnd they were back to what he was looking for. "Errr, not exactly," he admitted. "I'm looking for a place," maybe Kevin knew the atrium better? "Do you know where the Nurserys at?"

You are Lemon!
Old 01-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #121 (permalink)

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caiden Denholm
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
Gryffindor
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2

Quote:
Yes, for the record, Zander definitely knew what Kevin meant.

"Since when!?" It wasn't hard to believe, actually. It was only hard to believe that Zander had NO idea!!! Well, okay, in retrospect... That wasn't hard to believe either. Zander thought it was though and at the end of the day, that's what mattered right?

"That's ironic," he laughed, probably completely missing the point. But really, who would've thought that Kevin Hirase, resident Hogwart's trouble maker and expelled student, would make it to be in the Department of Law Enforcement!!! Zander was proud and beyond impressed. "That sounds really cool! You're like are real life, Sherlock Holmes." It seemed he had a couple of friends in that part of the ministry actually. Maybe that's where he should be considering switching to. It'd be nice to be around some familiar faces of people who weren't his Hogwart bully's mother. "Dude, you need to go back there and show everyone that you're the real deal now." Though Zander didn't exactly know what Truebridge was up to now. She had left Hogwarts before Zander's final year. "Did you know Flamsteed works here now?"

Annnnnnnnd they were back to what he was looking for. "Errr, not exactly," he admitted. "I'm looking for a place," maybe Kevin knew the atrium better? "Do you know where the Nurserys at?"
Kevin shrugged his shoulders and then crossed his arms over each other in a more comfortable position. "A few months now" he said and suddenly felt a bit guilty. He had known that Zander worked at the Ministry yet he had not come looking for him to say hello. Perhaps in the back of his mind he thought their friendship had subsided. Which he guessed was natural, life goes on as they say. Perhaps this meeting was caused by faith and they could become friends again.

Ironic... That was a perfect way to say it. He felt rather proud hearing that and he grinned slowly. The grin turned in to a confused expression as Zander suddenly mentioned he resembled a certain Sherlock...something. "I have no idea who he is but I take that as a compliment" he laughed.

Going back to Hogwarts was out of option though. Even if he was allowed again he would not go and when the name Flamsteed fell his posture changed. He unfolded his arms and held them by his side, his jaw clenched for a second and he did not look at Zander but at the ground for a brief moment before he remembered he was a man now and not a teenager and he looked back up. "I know" he said curtly before letting out a small sigh. "Actually, I've been meaning to meet him for some time now but what on earth do I even say?"

............................."Nursery?" Did Zander have a child?! No, that wouldn't be possible cause then he would have known where the nursery. What kind of father would leave their child in a place they don't know where to find? So that wasn't it. Hopefully... Cause if it was he was going to judge his friend so hard. "Its near the daycare at the specialty area" he said and pointed his finger in the direction. Always know the way. "You're not hiding an offspring there right?" he laughed.

please say no...
Old 01-29-2018, 01:20 AM   #122 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1

Quote:
Kevin shrugged his shoulders and then crossed his arms over each other in a more comfortable position. "A few months now" he said and suddenly felt a bit guilty. He had known that Zander worked at the Ministry yet he had not come looking for him to say hello. Perhaps in the back of his mind he thought their friendship had subsided. Which he guessed was natural, life goes on as they say. Perhaps this meeting was caused by faith and they could become friends again.

Ironic... That was a perfect way to say it. He felt rather proud hearing that and he grinned slowly. The grin turned in to a confused expression as Zander suddenly mentioned he resembled a certain Sherlock...something. "I have no idea who he is but I take that as a compliment" he laughed.

Going back to Hogwarts was out of option though. Even if he was allowed again he would not go and when the name Flamsteed fell his posture changed. He unfolded his arms and held them by his side, his jaw clenched for a second and he did not look at Zander but at the ground for a brief moment before he remembered he was a man now and not a teenager and he looked back up. "I know" he said curtly before letting out a small sigh. "Actually, I've been meaning to meet him for some time now but what on earth do I even say?"

............................."Nursery?" Did Zander have a child?! No, that wouldn't be possible cause then he would have known where the nursery. What kind of father would leave their child in a place they don't know where to find? So that wasn't it. Hopefully... Cause if it was he was going to judge his friend so hard. "Its near the daycare at the specialty area" he said and pointed his finger in the direction. Always know the way. "You're not hiding an offspring there right?" he laughed.

please say no...
"Oh," the blonde wasn't exactly heartbroken, but... a little confused. Kevin had worked here for a few months now, but hadn't ever reached out? "Do you like it here?" he asked. Kevin hadn't ever been one for structure, but maybe things had changed. Perhaps he didn't even know Zander worked here (yes, he was still thinking about this ok). The blonde would have to give him the benefit of the doubt, yeah? Because it was the right thing to do... And he didn't really want to think of the implications had that not been the case. Maybe Kevin was trying to leave his past behind him and-- he wasn't thinking about it.

"It is," he assured his old school-mate. "He's the most famous muggle detective in the world." Well was. Honestly, Zander wasn't even sure if the dude was real, but if Kevin didn't know who Sherlock Holmes was it didn't really matter in the first place.

"You could start with hello?" he offered, teasing the dude. Flamsteed was a part of the reason why Kevin was expelled in the first place though... Maybe that's why the younger boy didn't know what he'd say. Zander had a different relationship with the man, obviously. At first it was difficult to trust him again because the expulsion was not something that settled well with young Adair. However, as the years went on... Zander had found an almost father-like figure in his head of house. And now he baby sat for the guy. Weird. So weird. "But it won't be as awkward as you think," he was speaking from experience here.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd yeah, exactly the reaction he thought he'd get. "Yeaaaaah," he laughed, mussing his hair. The nursery, he nodded to confirm. "Oh, thanks," the former Gryffindor let on a sheepish smile. Was it odd that he had been working here for longer, yet Kevin's the one who had to point him in the right direction? Nah, not weird.... Right??? It was probably a part of his training with the Law Enforcing Department or whatever. Had to know where everything was at all times. Or at least that's what Zander would tell himself to make him feel better about this situation. Lololol.

"No!" he laughed at the ridiculous question. Ridiculous not because it was outlandish, but because of the way it was framed. "An offspring?" he questioned. "You make it sound like kids are some science experiment or something!" But Zander didn't have children... Despite the desire to have them. Ahem.

You are Lemon!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #123 (permalink)

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Default open post for anyone!
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

It was early morning when January was entering the workplace. It was still early enough that it wasn't too busy yet, but many employees were already arriving for their shifts. If there was one thing she was grateful for in her new position as the Senior Undersecretary... it was that she was on salary and could technically arrive whenever she wanted. She could sleep in. Of course, sleeping in for her was, like 7 o'clock, so... She wasn't really taking advantage of it.

As she walked into work, January picked up a copy of that morning's Daily Prophet, as she did every day to keep up on the news of the wizarding world. There was usually something interesting in it, but nothing groundbreaking. That day's edition, however, actually made her stop in her tracks before she even got to the lifts. There on the front page was an article about "turmoil in the ministry". And... they were insinuating that their Minister... the man that she worked under... was the one to blame. And that it was intentional.

"What??" she said aloud, stopped in the middle of the atrium, the newspaper in hand. Merlin's beard, this... this couldn't be happening. Yes, the Minister had a lot to learn and perhaps he was driving some people mad, but... this wasn't supposed to get out as public knowledge. January hadn't FIXED him yet.

She had a lot of work to do today.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise